PDA

View Full Version : PC desktop

moaz
02-03-2014, 03:32 PM
Hi,

I want to buy a new desktop PC. I used to play a lot of games till about 6-7 years ago, but now I'm a very casual gamer and only play some older strategy and MMO GAMES. I don't follow the technical development anymore, thus, out of touch with both new games and hardware.

I have now a E6800 Intel with a GT 240 (refurbished PC/external card). I want to play some of the games from the last 2-3 years, and decided to buy a starter/low mid level PC which is upgradable.
I found 2 systems in my price range with different combination of CPU and GPU:

I5 4570 and GTX 650 ($30 CAD less)
I5 4430 and HD 7770

1 has a slightly better CPU and the other has a slightly better GPU. Both are exactly the same in everything else.
I know the difference is not that huge, but which one would u recommend?

thx

DeuceWallaces
02-03-2014, 05:30 PM
Go with the graphics, but which MMO would you be playing?

moaz
02-04-2014, 02:43 PM
Thx Deuce.
I was also thinking the same. Anyway, I'll be looking to upgrade after 2 years. I'll wait till a I7 and a decent GPU combo is < $300 and the replace the I5 and the 7770.

In the last years, I've played mainly MMORPG's (Guild Wars 1 & 2), before that Diablo2 (short visit to D3) and some shooting in the like of CrossFire.
I almost stopped playing online games. The only game I am playing now is Path of Exile (few hours a week).

In the last year, I began to play some of the offline games I collected over the years (I have a huge collection of Adventure and RPG games). My steam account has more than 100 games and some of them (Assassin Cread series, Crysis, Metro, Borderlands, Fallout series) just need a new PC to enjoy properly.