PDA

View Full Version : Kobe haters, how should he have played differently in 04-05, 05-06, 06-07?

fpliii
02-03-2014, 05:43 PM
:confusedshrug:

NumberSix
02-03-2014, 05:44 PM
Doesn't matter. Those teams weren't remotely contenders.

AlphaWolf24
02-03-2014, 05:45 PM
should have shot more,.

TheMarkMadsen
02-03-2014, 05:45 PM
we gonna act like they were watching basketball back then?

Marlo_Stanfield
02-03-2014, 05:46 PM
if he had played more like LEBron so he would have gotten to the second round every year:cheers:
but no one gonna win with them trash rosters:roll:

fpliii
02-03-2014, 05:46 PM
we gonna act like they were watching basketball back then?
Some were, a good number were TMac stans, and switched over to LeBron.

Eric Cartman
02-03-2014, 05:48 PM
It's Durant and Lebron time atm. Kobe is ancient history.

Mr Exlax
02-03-2014, 05:50 PM

I remember him having a shitty team. He could have played more like LeBron and got the most out of those shitty teammates, but then again, he'd never get Pau Gasol I don't think. I'm a Kobe hater, but I'm not an idiot about shit. Is that what you were shooting for?

JT123
02-03-2014, 05:51 PM
He should have played TEAM ball like Lebron, instead of trying to lead the league in scoring. Lebron's supporting cast in 09 and 10 was no better than Kobe's, yet Bron still managed to lead his team to back to back 60 win seasons. And before you Kobe stans try and point out how weak the East was, Lebron's Cavs teams were dominant against the West as well. If Lebron could do it why couldn't Kobe? :confusedshrug:

fpliii
02-03-2014, 05:53 PM
I remember him having a shitty team. He could have played more like LeBron and got the most out of those shitty teammates, but then again, he'd never get Pau Gasol I don't think. I'm a Kobe hater, but I'm not an idiot about shit. Is that what you were shooting for?
No, I'm not a Kobe stan either BTW. I'm not fishing for a particular response, just trying to see if someone has some ideas.

Kobe played differently in 07-08 though, even before the Lakers got Pau.

Solefade
02-03-2014, 05:55 PM
should have trusted his teammates more to get the most out of that shitty roster, kinda like how lebron did in the early days in cleveland

TheMarkMadsen
02-03-2014, 05:55 PM
He should have played TEAM ball like Lebron, instead of trying to lead the league in scoring. Lebron's supporting cast in 09 and 10 was no better than Kobe's, yet Bron still managed to lead his team to back to back 60 win seasons. And before you Kobe stans try and point out how weak the East was, Lebron's Cavs teams were dominant against the West as well. If Lebron could do it why couldn't Kobe? :confusedshrug:

i just.. can't..

NumberSix
02-03-2014, 05:57 PM
No, I'm not a Kobe stan either BTW. I'm not fishing for a particular response, just trying to see if someone has some ideas.

Kobe played differently in 07-08 though, even before the Lakers got Pau.
One of the most frustrating things on this board is when people criticize the great players for not achieving with impossible circumstances.

I'm not a huge Kobe fan, but anyone who knocks him for those years is retarded. His team wasn't remotely a quality squad. The entire roster was guys who's names are only mentioned in jokes.

Solefade
02-03-2014, 05:59 PM

Bron's 09 and 10 teams were better than Kobe's in the mid 2000's. But any Cavs squad pre-mo williams was just as bad or even worse.

Black and White
02-03-2014, 06:01 PM

:biggums:

NumberSix
02-03-2014, 06:02 PM
Bron's 09 and 10 teams were better than Kobe's in the mid 2000's. But any Cavs squad pre-mo williams was just as bad or even worse.
That's true. They would have been just as bad if they were in the western conference though. People do overrate LeBron's success in Cleveland. Kobe could have had similar amount of success in the shitty eastern conference before the Boston big 3 showed up.

SexSymbol
02-03-2014, 06:03 PM
Some were, a good number were TMac stans, and switched over to LeBron.
You know, when I think about it, how easy is it to be a Kobe stan?
He's won the most out of his generation, other stans had to find new players when old ones went down, we basically stan for one player 15 straight years.
Shit's cash

MP.Trey
02-03-2014, 06:06 PM
He's won the most out of his generation, other stans had to find new players when old ones went down, we basically stan for one player 15 straight years.
Shit's cash
This is true. If you hopped on the LeBron bandwagon in high school you're sitting on 12+ right now though. :eek:

JT123
i just.. can't..
Yes...I know you can't argue. :lol

DMAVS41
05 - Should have made the playoffs (although that is unfair since he was hurt, but lets not act like he had a great year or something or that another star couldn't have done better if healthy_

06 - Simple. Not choke in a game 7...or whatever that disaster was.

07 - Nothing different. Thought he was great...led into a great 08 season that might have been his best overall play.

fpliii
02-03-2014, 06:07 PM
05 - Should have made the playoffs (although that is unfair since he was hurt, but lets not act like he had a great year or something or that another star couldn't have done better if healthy_

06 - Simple. Not choke in a game 7...or whatever that disaster was.

07 - Nothing different. Thought he was great...led into a great 08 season that might have been his best overall play.
In terms of playstyle though, what would you change in 05 and 06 then?

red1
02-03-2014, 06:08 PM
if your team is that shit then you arent expected to win so there is zero legit criticism

JT123
02-03-2014, 06:08 PM
That's true. They would have been just as bad if they were in the western conference though. People do overrate LeBron's success in Cleveland. Kobe could have had similar amount of success in the shitty eastern conference before the Boston big 3 showed up.
Kobe barely made the playoffs with 3 future Hall of Famers last season. :biggums:

Black and White
02-03-2014, 06:10 PM
Kobe barely made the playoffs with 3 future Hall of Famers last season. :biggums:

Stop trolling

ArbitraryWater
02-03-2014, 06:10 PM
:biggums:

Are you actually trying to say that LeBron's cast in 2009&2010 was as good as Kobe's those years? Are y'all tryna say that??

NumberSix
02-03-2014, 06:11 PM
Shit's cash
Hmmmmmm......

Kobe has 5 rings, 2 FMVPs and 1 MVP. That's 8.

Duncan has 4 rings, 3 FMVPs and 2 MVPs. That's 9.

Shaq has 4 rings, 3 FMVPs and 1 MVP. That's 8.

LeBron has 2 rings, 2 FMVPs and 4 MVPs. That's 8.

Duncan has won the most.

ArbitraryWater
02-03-2014, 06:12 PM
I would have liked him to play better, simple as that. If we rate his season, 1-110, nobody will put him in the 95+'s... when we rate GOAT Peaks, nobody ever mentions Kobe... he should have had a GOAT Peak. Take smarter shots, shoot around 48% for 30 ppg on 20-25 shots... oh, assert yourself more on defense...

Black and White
02-03-2014, 06:12 PM
Are you actually trying to say that LeBron's cast in 2009&2010 was as good as Kobe's those years? Are y'all tryna say that??

Name some players on Kobes supporting cast

JT123
02-03-2014, 06:24 PM
Stop trolling
How am I trolling? All I did was state a fact.

DMAVS41
02-03-2014, 06:29 PM
In terms of playstyle though, what would you change in 05 and 06 then?

06? His play in the Suns series. One game he's gunning...then another he's passing. All year he took a ton of shots...and then in the Suns series he started passing way more...especially in game 7.

Makes no sense.

05? Throw away year. Means nothing...he was hurt and team was going through a transition. Who cares about it...

JT123
02-03-2014, 06:36 PM
06? His play in the Suns series. One game he's gunning...then another he's passing. All year he took a ton of shots...and then in the Suns series he started passing way more...especially in game 7.

Makes no sense.

05? Throw away year. Means nothing...he was hurt and team was going through a transition. Who cares about it...
That is because Kobe quit in game 7 of the Suns series, his ultimate F you to the entire city of Los Angeles. :facepalm
How people can support this dude is beyond me.

BIZARRO
02-03-2014, 06:50 PM
I don't blame or criticize Kobe at all for playing the way he did in those years. I think his past history before that has to be put in context.

His scoring was totally shackled in 7 or 8 years before that by Del Harris (minutes, he was killing Eddie and Nick and everybody else in practice and should have gotten more minutes) Phil (philosophy on the championship teams), and Shaq (just having a dominant, next to Wilt "the" dominant big man playing alongside).

He had stated it was time to get his, and I agree. Those teams were going NOWHERE before they got Pau anyway, and he had the green light. It was great to see him score like crazy, as he could have done for 4 or 5 years before that, and those teams wouldn't have won many more games if he wasn't scoring, maybe even would have won less to be honest.

The guy is, to me, the 3rd greatest scorer ever, and you can't expect him to not go wild like he did sometime in his career just to show he could do it.

Lebron, Mike, and Magic are more "winning" basketball players to me, but only Mike could light it up like Kobe from the perimeter. And those years very much enhanced Kobe's legacy to me.

If there was no 81, and ESPECIALLY no 35.4, he wouldn't be as highly though of as he is today. You gotta let a guy like that explore his scoring talent sometime in his career, and that was the time to do it, when he didn't have talent around him.

I mean I'm a huge MJ fan, but Kobe Bryant was a sick player, and a SICK scorer.

AnaheimLakers24
02-03-2014, 07:10 PM
yall tryna type like yall speak

coolhandsteve
02-03-2014, 07:44 PM
I don't blame or criticize Kobe at all for playing the way he did in those years. I think his past history before that has to be put in context.

His scoring was totally shackled in 7 or 8 years before that by Del Harris (minutes, he was killing Eddie and Nick and everybody else in practice and should have gotten more minutes) Phil (philosophy on the championship teams), and Shaq (just having a dominant, next to Wilt "the" dominant big man playing alongside).

He had stated it was time to get his, and I agree. Those teams were going NOWHERE before they got Pau anyway, and he had the green light. It was great to see him score like crazy, as he could have done for 4 or 5 years before that, and those teams wouldn't have won many more games if he wasn't scoring, maybe even would have won less to be honest.

The guy is, to me, the 3rd greatest scorer ever, and you can't expect him to not go wild like he did sometime in his career just to show he could do it.

Lebron, Mike, and Magic are more "winning" basketball players to me, but only Mike could light it up like Kobe from the perimeter. And those years very much enhanced Kobe's legacy to me.

If there was no 81, and ESPECIALLY no 35.4, he wouldn't be as highly though of as he is today. You gotta let a guy like that explore his scoring talent sometime in his career, and that was the time to do it, when he didn't have talent around him.

I mean I'm a huge MJ fan, but Kobe Bryant was a sick player, and a SICK scorer.

:applause: Those teams needed him to score as much as he did just to have a chance at making the playoffs.

Overdrive
02-03-2014, 07:52 PM
The problems in '05-'07 started in '01. His style in '05 onwards was not the big deal, but he tried to start that while on Shaq's team. They might have won one more if they could've managed to stay together, but no way Kobe wins in '09 and '10 if Shaq stays and they work it out.

MichaelCorleone
02-03-2014, 09:49 PM
It's Durant and Lebron time atm. Kobe is ancient history.
:applause:

mehyaM24
02-03-2014, 10:20 PM
another dumb question....my god this forum is filled with low iq idiots. look i dont even like kobe, but what is the point of critiquing his play when nobody in history would win with those teams?.....lmao

fpliii
02-03-2014, 10:21 PM
another dumb question....my god this forum is filled with low iq idiots. look i dont even like kobe, but what is the point of critiquing his play when nobody in history would win with those teams?.....lmao
I thought you were my homeboy shaqpopcorn34? Chill, bro!

mehyaM24
02-03-2014, 10:31 PM
I thought you were my homeboy shaqpopcorn34? Chill, bro!

dont take offense to it......seems like ish needs my knowledge more than ever....

fpliii
02-03-2014, 10:33 PM
dont take offense to it......seems like ish needs my knowledge more than ever....
:applause:

I<3NBA
02-03-2014, 10:42 PM
idk. how should he have played with shit?

Fire Colangelo
02-03-2014, 10:59 PM
Pass more to Smush Parker and Kwame :facepalm

Seriously though, I wouldn't have Kobe any other way during those years, he was so exciting to watch. It's amazing how he transitioned into playing winning basketball in 07-08.

HOoopCityJones
02-03-2014, 11:04 PM
Smush Parker , Kawame Brown and Chris Mhim as your key contributors .....oh and the ghost of Lamar Odom. Who oddly enough wasn't even past his prime at that point.

If it weren't for 08-10 , i'd have a very negative view of Lamar right now.

SamuraiSWISH
02-03-2014, 11:06 PM
Kobe was injured in 2005, but his team was pretty legit talented apart from Chucky Atkins. He had Caron Butler, and Lamar Odom. Coaching changes, though along with his injuries kept them out the playoffs.

2006, and 2007? He could've put more energy in on defense. But who knows how dramatic it would've affected his offense. Probably significantly. He was lazy on that end those season.

By comparison in 2008 he started playing defense again, and getting others involved like a good leader. Even before they acquired Gasol he had them at the #3 seed. His PPG production took a dip, but he was definitely more impactful all around in terms of floor game.

TheMarkMadsen
02-03-2014, 11:07 PM
Smush Parker , Kawame Brown and Chris Mhim as your key contributors .....oh and the ghost of Lamar Odom. Who oddly enough wasn't even past his prime at that point.

If it weren't for 08-10 , i'd have a very negative view of Lamar right now.

yup, his inconsistency and lack of effort on the defensive end was disheartening at times.

chazzy
02-03-2014, 11:11 PM
30 ppg on 20-25 shots...
Yeaah you didn't watch 07 Kobe

SamuraiSWISH
02-03-2014, 11:12 PM
That is because Kobe quit in game 7 of the Suns series, his ultimate F you to the entire city of Los Angeles. :facepalm
How people can support this dude is beyond me.
Oh please. He scored 21 first half points. PJ told him to involve everyone else, who were playing like ass, Kobe pouted due to competitive nature ... Lakers were getting blown out.

Meanwhile, LeBron has quit in the middle of 2x series, winnable games, as favorites, in consecutive years. Giving a giant middle finger to his teammates, franchise, and home town fans. Oh, then followed it up by saying they were spoiled, then left them high and dry without a word in advance.

Prometheus
02-03-2014, 11:23 PM
Oh please. He scored 21 first half points. PJ told him to involve everyone else, who were playing like ass, Kobe pouted due to competitive nature ... Lakers were getting blown out.

Meanwhile, LeBron has quit in the middle of 2x series, winnable games, as favorites, in consecutive years. Giving a giant middle finger to his teammates, franchise, and home town fans. Oh, then followed it up by saying they were spoiled, then left them high and dry without a word in advance.

While I disagree that he "quit" in 2010, I can totally see why people say that, as he played like dirt in the final game... but wtf other series did he quit in? Please don't say 2009 ECF...

JT123
02-04-2014, 04:14 AM
While I disagree that he "quit" in 2010, I can totally see why people say that, as he played like dirt in the final game... but wtf other series did he quit in? Please don't say 2009 ECF...
He didn't quit on the series, he just quit in game 5. I don't even blame him either. If I found out my teammate with getting it on with my mom and my entire locker room decided to keep it a secret from me, I would quit on them too. Not one player on that Cleveland roster had his back, so he moved on to a better franchise with more loyal players.