PDA

View Full Version : Is Kyrie Irving the worst allstar starter in history?

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
02-04-2014, 12:10 AM
lets see sum namez

navy
02-04-2014, 12:11 AM
Kyrie is good though. Cleveland sucks.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
lets see sum namez

i was going to make this thread myself...

why the fcuk is he an all-star starter again?

Boarder Patrol
Probably. There are like 15 PG's I'd take before him. At least 10.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
02-04-2014, 12:12 AM

Pepsi/Uncle Drew commercials

RightToCensor
02-04-2014, 12:13 AM
Kevin Love

Smook A.
02-04-2014, 12:14 AM

People just love his playing style. He's crafty, he has a smooth jumper and his handles are pretty sweet

Not to mention, he gained his popularity from Uncle drew commercials

RightToCensor
02-04-2014, 12:14 AM
And Kobe

MP.Trey
02-04-2014, 12:24 AM
Anthony Mason?

B.J. Armstrong?

Kenny Anderson?

Antonio Davis?

Those are the worst I could think of in recent memory. Kyrie's not quite on that level and it's easy to see the appeal with the style and talent he has. Not to mention he's only 21. He has just yet to put it all together and along with the team, hasn't yet found a winning formula.

alexthegr8
02-04-2014, 12:25 AM
Kyrie's the allstar starter at pg, and yet his team moved him off the point for the last few games because the offense stagnates when he tries to run it. Weird shit man.

MP.Trey
02-04-2014, 12:29 AM
Kyrie's the allstar starter at pg, and yet his team moved him off the point for the last few games because the offense stagnates when he tries to run it. Weird shit man.
Now think of the fact that the East's frontcourt is Melo, Paul George and LeBron and LeBron will likely be taking tip and playing center for at least a few possesions.

Lebron23
02-04-2014, 12:31 AM
BJ Armstrong

Kobe Bryant ( He said that he won't play in the all star game).

Droid101
02-04-2014, 12:31 AM
Anthony Mason?

B.J. Armstrong?

Kenny Anderson?

Antonio Davis?

Kenny Anderson was good.

But were these guys starting all stars?

outbreak
02-04-2014, 12:32 AM
the nba was desperately hoping kyrie could turn the cavs around for the story line

MP.Trey
02-04-2014, 12:34 AM
Kenny Anderson was good.

But were these guys starting all stars?
Yup. And he was, for a couple years. Shame he couldn't really sustain his high playing level he had for the Nets mostly due to injuries. Started in the ASG and never got another invite back. :(

Milbuck
02-04-2014, 12:35 AM
Anthony Mason?

B.J. Armstrong?

Kenny Anderson?

Antonio Davis?

Those are the worst I could think of in recent memory. Kyrie's not quite on that level and it's easy to see the appeal with the style and talent he has. Not to mention he's only 21. He has just yet to put it all together and along with the team, hasn't yet found a winning formula.
Anthony Mason was a starter? What the **** :oldlol:

Lebron23
02-04-2014, 12:36 AM
And Kobe

I think he only played 6 games this season. 13.8 ppg on 42.5 FG%. Thank God he won't play in the All Star Game.

MP.Trey
02-04-2014, 12:37 AM
2001. Same year as Antonio Davis. May have been injury replacements though? Not sure on that but I do know they both started.

Lebron23
02-04-2014, 12:40 AM

2001 NBA All Star game. I think he averaged 17/10 for the Miami Heat.

Lebron23
02-04-2014, 12:41 AM
2001. Same year as Antonio Davis. May have been injury replacements though? Not sure on that but I do know they both started.

I still remember that All Star game. Both Allen Iverson and Stephon Marbury carried the East in the 4th quarter.

cos88
02-04-2014, 12:46 AM
he could be the worst defensive guard ever in an all star game

Dave3
02-04-2014, 02:03 AM
Antonio Davis was an injury replacement yes. I don't know about Mason.

JohnFreeman
02-04-2014, 02:05 AM
Iverson 09-10?

AngelEyes
02-04-2014, 02:21 AM
The obvious answer is B.J. Armstrong.

GawdBe
02-04-2014, 02:23 AM
Joe Johnson easily a worse selection than Kyrie.

BrownEye007
02-04-2014, 02:27 AM
Kyrie is an all star starter because he's the the best scoring pg in the league, besides maybe Westbrook. Let's be real the all star game has been all about offense for a long time now. If people gave a shit about defense he wouldn't be there but they don't.

Lebron23
02-04-2014, 02:27 AM
The obvious answer is B.J. Armstrong.

Fans voted him as a starter because the Bulls were still a very popular team without MJ.

Just look at his stats. His numbers weren't impressive.

MrC1991
02-04-2014, 02:50 AM
Mo Williams?

Lebron23
02-04-2014, 02:56 AM
Mo Williams?

Injury replacement

TheMarkMadsen
02-17-2014, 12:36 AM
http://media.giphy.com/media/mG8hIJoSDG48w/giphy.gif

Jameerthefear
02-17-2014, 12:37 AM
OP looks like a fvcking idiot as usual. KD is a selfish ass chucker

FrobeShaw
02-17-2014, 12:37 AM
good bump

where you at, op?

Heisenberg
02-17-2014, 12:38 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll: OP

Uncle Drew
02-17-2014, 12:38 AM
http://puu.sh/6Zgit.jpg

Backfire.

brandonislegend
02-17-2014, 12:39 AM
:applause:

DaSeba5
OP is an idiot as usual.

JohnFreeman
Wrong again

ihoopallday
:roll: :roll: So much fail in this thread

Smook A.
02-17-2014, 12:40 AM
2014 All-Star MVP
100 years from now if you look up NBA all-star mvps you'll see Kyrie Irving somewhere

navy
Fail

Trollsmasher
:roll:

Eric Cartman
Probably. There are like 15 PG's I'd take before him. At least 10.

This guy :roll: :roll: :roll:

Illuminati
LOL retard ass OP LOST.

FrobeShaw
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9vtc8Eq8q1rwhmdho1_250.gif

LoneyROY7
02-17-2014, 12:42 AM
http://static.thehollywoodgossip.com/images/videos/pepsi-max-and-kyrie-irving-present-uncle-drew.jpg

Marlo_Stanfield
02-17-2014, 12:43 AM
OP is a known liar and idiot:applause:

Meticode
02-17-2014, 12:46 AM

http://static3.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/But+only+a+quarter+of+the+sucking+power+of+OP+_79a 42fa88697e8278787e4c6bec3bf70.png

PsychoBe
02-17-2014, 12:51 AM
"worst all-star starter"

"wins all-star mvp"

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/433/935/ed1.jpg

navy
02-17-2014, 12:54 AM
You have to at least respond to your own thread. :oldlol:

FrobeShaw
02-17-2014, 12:55 AM
You have to at least respond to your own thread. :oldlol:
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lus0bqW8bT1qiydkv.gif

he's out

Bibby4Three
02-17-2014, 12:57 AM
Where this dude be???

noob cake
02-17-2014, 12:58 AM
Hamtaro is here lurking. He was posting tonight.

zoom17
02-17-2014, 01:00 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Smoke117
02-17-2014, 01:02 AM
Kyrie is good though. Cleveland sucks.

Individually he may be good at this game of basketball, but he's a horrible team player, has absolutely no leadership abilities, and is an ego maniac to boot. If this was street ball he'd be the best in the world, but it isn't so he's just all that above.

absalom
02-17-2014, 01:07 AM
OP schooled by uncle drew huh? :roll:

BrownEye007
02-17-2014, 02:19 AM
Damn OP. You suck.

MichaelCorleone
02-17-2014, 02:21 AM
:applause: :applause: :applause:

LAZERUSS
02-17-2014, 02:32 AM
I didn't read the other posts, but talk about the "kiss the death"...

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
02-17-2014, 03:05 AM
Kyrie still sucks:biggums: :biggums:

Hes having a sht season he had a great game but he wasnt deserving of allstar based on the season hes having. One of the worst teams in the league and hes putting up garbage numbers. Hes NOT a top 10 PG:biggums:

Lowry and Stephensen are 2 backcourt players who shouldve easily been above him. Kyrie is on Afflalos level:biggums:

Cold soul
02-17-2014, 03:08 AM
lets see sum namez

http://i.imgur.com/qGMMxq9.gif

MichaelCorleone
02-17-2014, 03:09 AM
Hamtaro CP3KDKG just lost all his credibility.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
02-17-2014, 03:17 AM
real talk Kyrie didnt deserve to be an allstar

Lowry 17/8/5 and more efficient allaround and plays defense. Leading Raps to 3rd in East
Lance 14/7/5 same advantages as Lowry except hes 3rd best on the best team in the East

Kyries numbers/impact are alot closer to Afflalo he shouldnt be starting. Why is he starting over Wall:biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

red1
02-17-2014, 03:20 AM

Hes having a sht season he had a great game but he wasnt deserving of allstar based on the season hes having. One of the worst teams in the league and hes putting up garbage numbers. Hes NOT a top 10 PG:biggums:

Lowry and Stephensen are 2 backcourt players who shouldve easily been above him. Kyrie is on Afflalos level:biggums:
son, that was a nice attempt but the damage is already done

OP is a fggt

Solefade
02-17-2014, 03:34 AM

lol typical. no respect to people who can't own up to their L's

MichaelCorleone
02-17-2014, 03:35 AM
Hamtaro just admit your mistake.:oldlol:

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
02-17-2014, 03:36 AM
Its not a mistake. If Kyrie carries his team to the playoff then ill take this L
his performance in the AS doesnt change the fact that Walls been MUCH better in the regular season and deserved to start over him. Same with Lowry who got snubbed. Kyrie will continue to suck

Solefade
02-17-2014, 03:41 AM
Its not a mistake. If Kyrie carries his team to the playoff then ill take this L
his performance in the AS doesnt change the fact that Walls been MUCH better in the regular season and deserved to start over him. Same with Lowry who got snubbed. Kyrie will continue to suck

stfu up doe, just say you were wrong and gtfo

why the **** does he have to carry his team to the playoffs to validate his ASG selection when this thread was only about the ASG which he absolutely murdered everyone in?

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
02-17-2014, 03:42 AM

why the **** does he have to carry his team when this thread was just about the ASG which he absolutely murdered everyone in?
U get to be an allstar for putting up mediocre numbers and leading ur team to the lottery now:biggums: :biggums: :biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

Nuff Said
02-17-2014, 03:46 AM
In op's defense wall did play exceptionally well given his limited minutes and had just as much flare as Irving. He could've just as well exploded in the same manner.

buddha
02-17-2014, 03:49 AM
Kyrie is a scorer, are we really going to lose our minds when a scorer has a good game when absolutely zero defense is played?

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
02-17-2014, 03:50 AM
In op's defense wall did play exceptionally well given his limited minutes and had just as much flare as Irving. He could've just as well exploded in the same manner.

Kyrie is a scorer, are we really going to lose our minds when a scorer has a good game when absolutely zero defense is played?
nikkas who get it:applause: :applause:

KyleKong
02-17-2014, 03:59 AM
Durant stole Griffin's MVP :cry:

ImKobe
02-17-2014, 06:01 AM
Actually, people should go easier on the OP. He was obviously one of the weaker starters in the ASG when it was announced that he would be starting, how many of you would rank him over the other starters in the ASG when talking about the best players in the league? He had a good performance in a game where defense isn't played, because he's a gifted scorer and we all have known that since he was drafted, but it doesn't change the fact that he's had a subpar season this year and his team is struggling big time.

I'm glad he won the MVP and I'm a big fan of his, but just because he had a good game doesn't change the fact that he's been very inconsistent for the Cavs this season.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
02-17-2014, 06:05 AM
Actually, people should go easier on the OP. He was obviously one of the weaker starters in the ASG when it was announced that he would be starting, how many of you would rank him over the other starters in the ASG when talking about the best players in the league? He had a good performance in a game where defense isn't played, because he's a gifted scorer and we all have known that since he was drafted, but it doesn't change the fact that he's had a subpar season this year and his team is struggling big time.

I'm glad he won the MVP and I'm a big fan of his, but just because he had a good game doesn't change the fact that he's been very inconsistent for the Cavs this season.
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

RedBlackAttack
02-17-2014, 07:20 AM

It depends what you mean by "subpar" season. The only area that has been a struggle for him -- if you want to call it that -- has been his scoring efficiency. But, even that isn't exactly horrendous for a young guard... 43% FG, 37% 3PT, 87% FT.

And, the rest of his game has either stayed the same or improved. He's averaging a career high assist, his turnovers are way, way down, he's actually giving a f#ck defensively and he has only missed a couple of games.

The biggest knocks on him his first two years have been the missed games and durability. Well, he's played in 50 games at the All-Star break. If you're going to criticize him when he misses, the praise has to be there when he doesn't.

People just adjust and pick and choose the areas they consider important to drive their agendas. In his first two years, he was just a high efficiency scorer who couldn't do anything else, turned the ball over too much and was hurt all the time.

Now that he's really put in work on the two biggest gripes people had (injuries/turnovers) and his efficiency has dropped slightly, that's all people care about suddenly.

Also, the Cavs have improved. They had 15 wins at the AS break last year and they have 20 this year, despite playing the most road games in the league over the first half of the season. They sit three games out of a playoff spot with the second youngest roster in the league. Their improvement is inarguable. His ascension just hasn't been quick enough for some.

Fact is, you couldn't have watched that game and deduced he didn't belong out there. Many, many times, guys do look like they're not on the level in an ASG. Kyrie isn't one of those guys. And, yes... this was a major thread backfire. One of the worst ever.

So, you're not factoring in the 14 assists and five rebounds? The 14 assists were the most in the game by either team and the five rebounds were the second most on the Eastern Conference roster. He also had far and away the best +/- in the game for either side.

But, yeah... just scoring.

JohnFreeman
02-17-2014, 07:21 AM
I wish Melo had a proper point guard, he looked really good

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
02-17-2014, 07:22 AM
I wish Melo had a proper point guard, he looked really good
I wanna see Melo on the bulls

JohnFreeman
02-17-2014, 07:23 AM
I wanna see Melo on the bulls
I would like him to go win somewhere. Not sure if Melo would enjoy Thibs as a coach, making him do stuff like defense. Melo on Warriors would be cool

ImKobe
02-17-2014, 07:35 AM
It depends what you mean by "subpar" season. The only area that has been a struggle for him -- if you want to call it that -- has been his scoring efficiency. But, even that isn't exactly horrendous for a young guard... 43% FG, 37% 3PT, 87% FT.

And, the rest of his game has either stayed the same or improved. He's averaging a career high assist, his turnovers are way, way down, he's actually giving a f#ck defensively and he has only missed a couple of games.

The biggest knocks on him his first two years have been the missed games and durability. Well, he's played in 50 games at the All-Star break. If you're going to criticize him when he misses, the praise has to be there when he doesn't.

People just adjust and pick and choose the areas they consider important to drive their agendas. In his first two years, he was just a high efficiency scorer who couldn't do anything else, turned the ball over too much and was hurt all the time.

Now that he's really put in work on the two biggest gripes people had (injuries/turnovers) and his efficiency has dropped slightly, that's all people care about suddenly.

Also, the Cavs have improved. They had 15 wins at the AS break last year and they have 20 this year, despite playing the most road games in the league over the first half of the season. They sit three games out of a playoff spot with the second youngest roster in the league. Their improvement is inarguable. His ascension just hasn't been quick enough for some.

Fact is, you couldn't have watched that game and deduced he didn't belong out there. Many, many times, guys do look like they're not on the level in an ASG. Kyrie isn't one of those guys. And, yes... this was a major thread backfire. One of the worst ever.

wow, an extra 5 wins with a much improved roster in a much weaker East this season?

The truth is that his efficiency has gone down each season since he was drafted and his play hasn't resulted in many wins. Cavs often fall short in 4th quarters and blow big leads with a blink of an eye, out of all the starters in the ASG, he was arguably the worst behind Wade.

Would you take Irving over Lebron, George, Melo, Durant, Griffin, Love, Harden & Curry this season? Can you honestly say he's had a better season than any of those guys? I did not put Wade there because he's having health issues.

OP didn't say that Irving would have a horrible game, he said he was the worst starter in the ASG, which he arguably was when we're talking about the current season and not the exhibition game, maybe going all-time was a bit far -fetched, since Wizards MJ also started in the ASG despite having a very subpar season (20 ppg on 49% TS).

RedBlackAttack
02-17-2014, 07:39 AM
wow, an extra 5 wins with a much improved roster in a much weaker East this season?

The truth is that his efficiency has gone down each season since he was drafted and his play hasn't resulted in many wins. Cavs often fall short in 4th quarters and blow big leads with a blink of an eye, out of all the starters in the ASG, he was arguably the worst behind Wade.

Would you take Irving over Lebron, George, Melo, Durant, Griffin, Love, Harden & Curry this season? Can you honestly say he's had a better season than any of those guys? I did not put Wade there because he's having health issues.

OP didn't say that Irving would have a horrible game, he said he was the worst starter in the ASG, which he arguably was when we're talking about the current season and not the exhibition game, maybe going all-time was a bit far -fetched, since Wizards MJ also started in the ASG despite having a very subpar season (20 ppg on 49% TS).
He said he's the worst starter in the history of the game... and he went out and promptly won the ASG MVP. That's a backfire.

It was an awful thread to begin with and now it's comedy. That's how it goes when you step out on that shaky limb. Let him get what's coming to him.

Trust me, if Kyrie hadn't performed well, he would have bumped this piece of garbage seconds after the game ended.

Angel Face
02-17-2014, 07:40 AM
No! Him and Melo just save Lebron from the embarrassment KD is giving him.

JohnFreeman
02-17-2014, 07:40 AM
RedBlack do you think Kyrie and Melo could play together?

RedBlackAttack
02-17-2014, 07:44 AM
RedBlack do you think Kyrie and Melo could play together?
Sure, why not? You pair any spot-up shooter with Kyrie and he's going to get a lot of open looks. That isn't necessarily Melo's best trait, but he can knock down jumpers when asked to do so as we saw tonight.

What Kyrie really needs is a stretch-4 which will spread the floor, knock down open jumpers off of drive/kicks and open up driving lanes for Irving to get to the basket. He and Kevin Love would be a fantastic pairing, imo. Maybe not defensively, but they'd be fun to watch on the other end.

JohnFreeman
02-17-2014, 07:46 AM
Sure, why not? You pair any spot-up shooter with Kyrie and he's going to get a lot of open looks. That isn't necessarily Melo's best trait, but he can knock down jumpers when asked to do so as we saw tonight.

What Kyrie really needs is a stretch-4 which will spread the floor, knock down open jumpers off of drive/kicks and open up driving lanes for Irving to get to the basket. He and Kevin Love would be a fantastic pairing, imo. Maybe not defensively, but they'd be fun to watch on the other end.
Yeah I agree. I feel Melo would be so much better off the ball, instead of just doing isos the whole time.

DukeDelonte13
02-17-2014, 08:45 AM

so he just needs AB to come alive :oldlol:

ILLsmak
02-17-2014, 09:08 AM

http://static3.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/But+only+a+quarter+of+the+sucking+power+of+OP+_79a 42fa88697e8278787e4c6bec3bf70.png

wowbro. lol... that's ****edup.

-Smak

yeaaaman
02-17-2014, 09:09 AM

why the **** does he have to carry his team to the playoffs to validate his ASG selection when this thread was only about the ASG which he absolutely murdered everyone in?

What's with all the hard feelings, as if you were the one who actually went out and won ASG MVP to shut all the haters up? :oldlol:

It would be nice if you actually did answer him, yea he looks silly with the overreaction thread, but in the case of "should he have started over john wall", has he done more for his team than Kyle Lowry? Significantly more as to offset the difference in records, despite having more talent?

I'm gonna be honest I have Irving on my fantasy team and watching him play I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one disappointed with his level of play this year. Is he the worst all-star starter in history? I certainly wouldn't say that but to act like his all-star game MVP is validation for...I'm not sure what because whatever you think it might validate certainly isn't being played out in the regular season and definitely not in his leadership either.

He is young and still has a ton of potential and this should be a nice sign in between his down season. Hopefully it can motivate him to come out much better the second half of the season.

yeaaaman
02-17-2014, 09:12 AM
Yeah I agree. I feel Melo would be so much better off the ball, instead of just doing isos the whole time.

Sorry in what world is Melo ever going to play off the ball? He's more likely to go the Iverson route, not able to adapt. He can do it (last night) but I don't think he can transform into that player. JVG always said you are who you are. I think that applies to Melo. I personally think Irving has a more realistic chance at adapting his game to Melo than vice-versa.

JohnFreeman
02-17-2014, 09:14 AM
Sorry in what world is Melo ever going to play off the ball? He's gonna go the Iverson route, not able to adapt. He can do it (last night) but I don't think he can transform into that player. JVG always said you are who you are. I think that applies to Melo. I personally think Irving has a more realistic chance at adapting his game to Melo than vice-versa.
Melo can change his game..

Marlo_Stanfield
02-17-2014, 09:37 AM
I would like him to go win somewhere. Not sure if Melo would enjoy Thibs as a coach, making him do stuff like defense. Melo on Warriors would be cool
no Melo needs to be on the bulls. hard nosed defensive team where his average Defense wont be exposed and a team that struggles to score and is great in rebounding.
thats literally perfect.
also Bulls dont run alot of fastbreaks which is again perfect for Melos fat azz:lol :lol

JohnFreeman
02-17-2014, 09:39 AM
no Melo needs to be on the bulls. hard nosed defensive team where his average Defense wont be exposed and a team that struggles to score and is great in rebounding.
thats literally perfect.
also Bulls dont run alot of fastbreaks which is again perfect for Melos fat azz:lol :lol
Melo isn't THAT bad of a defender. I think Chicago would be good, but they would have to give up some pieces to get him there. Plus you have the whole DRose thing whether he will come back or not.

Meticode
02-17-2014, 11:11 AM
Still laughing at the OP. :oldlol:

Marlo_Stanfield
02-17-2014, 11:16 AM
Melo isn't THAT bad of a defender. I think Chicago would be good, but they would have to give up some pieces to get him there. Plus you have the whole DRose thing whether he will come back or not.
thats true my nikky but if Rose is healthy again that would be one hell of a squad.
Rose,Noah,Melo and one of Gibson/ Boozer + Butler:eek:

RedBlackAttack
02-17-2014, 04:58 PM
so he just needs AB to come alive :oldlol:
Yeah, pretty much exactly. In retrospect, that pick -- from a style and personnel standpoint -- makes a lot of sense to me. It's no coincidence we look like a different team when he's playing well. With Andy and Tristan roaming around the basket, it doesn't leave much room for Kyrie to do his thing.

AB coming around has been huge.

ForeverHeat
02-17-2014, 05:19 PM
OP brings shame to the great name of Hamtaro. Fakkit please leave.

CavaliersFTW
02-17-2014, 05:50 PM

OP raging right now. Totally exposed :oldlol:

KyrieTheFuture
02-17-2014, 06:12 PM
Yeah, pretty much exactly. In retrospect, that pick -- from a style and personnel standpoint -- makes a lot of sense to me. It's no coincidence we look like a different team when he's playing well. With Andy and Tristan roaming around the basket, it doesn't leave much room for Kyrie to do his thing.

We need to move TT or Andy V I think. Are you the one who wants TT playing the 5?

Dizzle-2k7
02-17-2014, 06:51 PM
not the worst starter, but probably the worst starting PG of all time. not even close really. :confusedshrug:

hawksdogsbraves
02-17-2014, 06:56 PM

Yeah god that 8/5 on 42% shooting over his last 10 has really been a godsend. Pair that with his stellar man defense and you've got an emerging superstar.

IamRAMBO24
02-17-2014, 07:00 PM
Wow most embarrassing thread ever?

Black and White
02-17-2014, 07:01 PM
I feel sorry for OP

alenleomessi
02-17-2014, 07:08 PM
OP failed harder than kareem

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t1/q71/s720x720/1743476_10153807780540277_1518062651_n.jpg

KyrieTheFuture
02-17-2014, 07:08 PM
Yeah god that 8/5 on 42% shooting over his last 10 has really been a godsend. Pair that with his stellar man defense and you've got an emerging superstar.
Bitch all you want son but this pick aint as bad as your Marvin Williams pick

RedBlackAttack
02-17-2014, 08:02 PM
We need to move TT or Andy V I think. Are you the one who wants TT playing the 5?
TT already plays for stretches at the 5, so it isn't exactly a reach. I'm not saying to make TT a fulltime center, but I do think he and Bennett fit well together in certain sets.

And, let's face it... there aren't too many good offensive centers in the league right now that could really make us pay for going small for stretches. It isn't a coincidence that TT plays so much better when Varejao is out of the lineup. They get in each others' way much of the time.

I love Andy, too. But I think he might work better in the second unit, or start Bennett and bring TT off the bench. Those two should be separated.

RedBlackAttack
02-17-2014, 08:11 PM
He's played over 20 minutes six times this year and scored in double figures in four of those games. When he's gotten the minutes, he has produced.

Also, in the last 10 days before the All-Star break, he had games of 15/8, 14/8 and 19/10.

Yeah, I'd say that constitutes as "emerging." I never said superstar, btw. But, strawmen are always easier to debate than the real thing. You will end up looking like a complete fool when it comes to Bennett, but I think you're already starting to realize it... which is why you've toned down your rhetoric. Aren't you the guy who said he'd be out of the league by age 23? :oldlol:

So, you're on record as saying he'll be out of the league by 23 and I say he'll at least be a productive player in the league eventually. Let's see who ends up being closest to the truth. Good luck with that.

not the worst starter, but probably the worst starting PG of all time. not even close really. :confusedshrug:

Yes. Clearly. :oldlol: