PDA

View Full Version : Silver making Seattle a top priority!

BlazerRed
02-04-2014, 07:49 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/ohio/story/nba-beat-with-new-commish-seattle-back-on-nba-radar-020314?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

:applause:

Based Silver :bowdown:

Meticode
02-04-2014, 07:53 PM
I don't care what they have to do. I want NBA basketball back in Seattle and I want Payton and Kemp's numbers hanging from the rafters. Minus the Cavaliers being retracted from the league of course. :oldlol:

Smook A.
02-04-2014, 07:54 PM
Seattle Bucks
Las Vegas Bucks

↑ Those names sound cool

Black and White
02-04-2014, 07:55 PM

Seattle Clippers or Seattle Kings

Miles and Miles
02-04-2014, 07:58 PM
There isn't one quote in there from Silver that I could find saying anything about anything.

Solefade
02-04-2014, 08:02 PM
Seattle Cavaliers sounds nice

JimmyMcAdocious
02-04-2014, 08:05 PM
Seattle Celtics.

Make it happen weirdo.

MP.Trey
02-04-2014, 08:07 PM
Silver doing work. :applause:

BlazerRed
02-04-2014, 08:18 PM
When Seattle come back to the league it won't be under anything but the "Supersonics" :no:

FireDavidKahn
02-04-2014, 08:39 PM
The Timberwolves will most likely be the team. Glen Taylor wont move the team nor sell it to someone who will, but he tried to find a buyer about a year or two ago unsuccessfully. Unless a miracle happens, Taylor will croak as the owner of the team, the NBA will take ownership and then it will be sold to someone who moves it to Seattle.

buddha
02-04-2014, 08:55 PM
lol, Seattle isn't getting a new team they are getting the Sonics back, and they will probably suck for a good, long while.

DStebb716
02-04-2014, 09:08 PM
Seattle Bucks
Las Vegas Bucks

↑ Those names sound cool

No. Seattle Sonics. The end. **** you.

bagelred
02-04-2014, 09:13 PM
Seattle SuperDuperSonics

New and Improved.

the mesiah
02-04-2014, 11:14 PM
Was playing "today was a good day" on my Bluetooth playlist in my ride the other day , had my younger cousin with me that line came out in the song and he asked me who the supersonics were .. :facepalm
just told him
To google it And turned it up louder. Ceremonial first jump ball should have glove ,reign man , lenny Wilkens there and hire george Karl for their first season

JohnFreeman
02-04-2014, 11:17 PM
Gary Payton for coach! I loved those Seattle jerseys and court :rockon:
I like Silver already

Joyner82reload
02-04-2014, 11:19 PM
I really feel bad for Seattle if they get some shitty franchise that will be a bottom feeder. Watching the last player they ever drafted, Kevin Durant, win several titles over a decade while they're in the lottery year after year.

Killbot
02-05-2014, 01:19 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/ohio/story/nba-beat-with-new-commish-seattle-back-on-nba-radar-020314?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Based Silver :bowdown:

Silver already better than Stern ever was. :applause:

I<3NBA
02-05-2014, 03:14 AM
Seattle Lightning.

BlazerRed
02-05-2014, 03:16 AM
Seattle Lightning.
http://www.badgirlzwrite.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/rambo.gif

02-05-2014, 03:16 AM
If seasttle gets a new team it won't be "sonics" due to legal reasons.

Most of the fans don't know that the day Seattle mayor practically gave the team away to okc, there was a 5 year window of opportunity that there was a team back, they could still claim sonics but with okc and Seattle sharing their history. If not bubba Bennet gets the name to himself and okc owners.

That window of opportunity has passed since September 2013 (5 years after they left in July 2008).

I hope I am wrong on this. I have been trying to find out about this day from 2008. Okc owners gave the city of Seattle $45 mill immediately, then if Seattle doesn't get a team w/in 5 years okc owners give an additional $35 mil...I guess Seattle is $35 mil richer as we speak. I am not sure 100% what this means for the name.

If Seattle does get a new team with the name sonics, does he and his owners get royalities OR is the new team not allowed to use the name at all?

BlazerRed
02-05-2014, 03:18 AM
If seasttle gets a new team it won't be "sonics" due to legal reasons.

Most of the fans don't know that the day Seattle mayor practically gave the team away to okc, there was a 5 year window of opportunity that there was a team back, they could still claim sonics but with okc and Seattle sharing their history. If not bubba Bennet gets the name to himself and okc owners.

That window of opportunity has passed since September 2013 (5 years after they left in July 2008).

I hope I am wrong on this. I have been trying to find out about this day from 2008. Okc owners gave the city of Seattle $45 mill immediately, then if Seattle doesn't get a team w/in 5 years okc owners give an additional $35 mil...I guess Seattle is $35 mil richer as we speak.
Surely all it would take is permission from the OKC ownership. I don't see why they would care about keeping that name.

finchyyy
02-05-2014, 03:22 AM
It'd be great if the Supersonics came back! Don't expect it soon though.. How good would it be if Durant somehow got there in their first year back though.

buddha
02-05-2014, 03:27 AM
I really feel bad for Seattle if they get some shitty franchise that will be a bottom feeder. Watching the last player they ever drafted, Kevin Durant, win several titles over a decade while they're in the lottery year after year.

http://www1.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/2008%2BNBA%2BDraft%2B0C2fcR6cxc1l.jpg

02-05-2014, 03:30 AM
Surely all it would take is permission from the OKC ownership. I don't see why they would care about keeping that name.

As weird as it sounds, when the okc ownership or any ownership buys a team, the history of franchise is figured in which is why an expansion team will not be given at the same price as the Celtics or Lakers.

Audio One
02-05-2014, 03:35 AM
What is it with this revisionism?? Sonics fans weren't coming to the games, nor were they willing to pay taxes to build a new stadium. The fans were tired of paying taxes, after already paying for the Seahawks and Mariners' new stadiums. Well, that city got what it wanted. Seattle got exactly what it deserved, shoulda appreciated what they had, while they had it

02-05-2014, 04:02 AM
What is it with this revisionism?? Sonics fans weren't coming to the games, nor were they willing to pay taxes to build a new stadium. The fans were tired of paying taxes, after already paying for the Seahawks and Mariners' new stadiums. Well, that city got what it wanted. Seattle got exactly what it deserved, shoulda appreciated what they had, while they had it

I was living in Seattle at the time (actually lived there 1991-2010) while all of this was happening. "Bubba" Bennet &co did what they could to sabotage any success to turn fans away. Tanking was the perfect strategy. Show a bad record to get high picks (kd & Westbrook) but make sure they finished with the worst record in franchise history. Meanwhile no one wanted show up to give bubba their money knowing he was gonna take the team no matter what.

The people in power (mayor and vote conscious politicians) were heavily influenced by moral fiscalists (organization called "citizens for more important things"). This org passed an iniatiative to prevent any stadium to be built if there was no positive economical return to the people/community. It was voted 60+% in favor. This made easier for them to say NO to bubba's ridiculous request of his $500 million (100% subsidized) in friggin renton, wa (a Seattle suburb) at one of the worst traffic intersection in all of Seattle highways.

Let's face it the minute dickhead howward shitz sold the team to bubba, the team was as good as gone (to okc)...

moe94
02-05-2014, 04:06 AM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/1043375/barkley-head-shake-o.gif