PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with Paul George?

PieceOfFelt
02-04-2014, 11:30 PM
He's been playing like shit lately. His shooting has been abysmal. Perhaps he needs a break, he's never had to carry a load this big. It's disappointing that he seems to be regressing as the season moves along.

Fire Colangelo
02-04-2014, 11:31 PM
Had a hot start, coming back down to Earth. Happens to somebody every year.

Black and White
02-04-2014, 11:32 PM
Has great teammates that can have a big game any night

Milbuck
02-04-2014, 11:35 PM
This

ABfor3
02-04-2014, 11:35 PM
Pretty much this

BlazerRed
02-04-2014, 11:36 PM
Hopefully just resting to keep himself fresh and shut down Lediva in the playoffs :pimp:

Smook A.
02-04-2014, 11:37 PM
He's a good player but not a superstar. Definitely not a top 3 player like most people say he is

navy
02-04-2014, 11:37 PM
/thread

navy
02-04-2014, 11:38 PM
Hopefully just resting to keep himself fresh and shut down Lediva in the playoffs :pimp:
Lebron averaged 30/10 on 50% shooting vs the Pacers last year. Shut Lediva the fvck down. :oldlol:

moe94
3rd best player in the league. His defense puts him on Durant's level. Might take him over Durant because of age. Superduperstar. Where's the goons spitting this shit. They're ghost.

JohnFreeman
He's been playing like shit lately. His shooting has been abysmal. Perhaps he needs a break, he's never had to carry a load this big. It's disappointing that he seems to be regressing as the season moves along.
You seen how stacked that team is?

Lebron23
02-04-2014, 11:39 PM

This

People called him the best player in the game back in November. PG is good, but he's still not yet a first tier NBA Superstar.

Lebron23
02-04-2014, 11:41 PM
Lebron averaged 30/10 on 50% shooting vs the Pacers last year. Shut Lediva the fvck down. :oldlol:

The guy is an alternate account. He's not even a Blazers fan. He needs to watch the eastern conference finals. LBJ outplayed PG in that series.

moe94
02-04-2014, 11:43 PM
George can shut down LeBron?:roll:

BlazerRed
02-04-2014, 11:46 PM
The guy is an alternate account. He's not even a Blazers fan. He needs to watch the eastern conference finals. LBJ outplayed PG in that series.
You mean a young PG with barely any playoff experience against a prime Lebron? Surprise surprise. PG won't shut down Leflop, but I think he'll do a much better job this year and most importantly, lead his team to victory.

moe94
02-04-2014, 11:49 PM
You mean a young PG with barely any playoff experience against a prime Lebron? Surprise surprise. PG won't shut down Leflop, but I think he'll do a much better job this year and most importantly, lead his team to victory.
Everyone and their mother knows the Pacers won't win for perimeter play. Slow down.

Joyner82reload
02-04-2014, 11:50 PM
He's no Kevin Durant...or even LeBron James for that matter

Jetballer24
02-04-2014, 11:51 PM
I dont think there is anything wrong with him he is just an extremely inconsistent player. Go back and look at his playoff games from last year he had some great games and some absolute no shows. People remember game 7 in the ECF where he was only 2-9 with 7 points, but in round 1 against the Hawks he was 2-10 for 4 points in game 6 which the Pacers won. I have watched him throughout this recent stretch though and he is just playing really lazy. He always settles for 3s or long twos instead of driving to the basket even though at the end of quarters he displays the ability to do so. Its too bad he does not play with the intensity Lance Stephenson does because he could be something else.

jalbert009
02-04-2014, 11:53 PM
Like what other posters said earlier he had a hot start. I personally dont feel like he is a true alpha player. To me, he sort of comes across as what Pippen would have been like had he not been paired with Jordan most of his career.

Lebron23

Where was PG in game 7 of the Eastern Conference Finals?? At the same age Lebron beat the veteran Pistons in 6 games. Lebron would still outplay PG and with a healthy Wade I think they beat the stacked Pacers in 6 or 7 games.

BlazerRed
Everyone and their mother knows the Pacers won't win for perimeter play. Slow down.
If he were to help slow down Lebron and put up 20PPG (which I think he's capable) is that not worthy of props? Come on, of course Hibbert will be that anchor and probably the most important part of the puzzle for the Pacers, but PG is the spiritual leader of that team. He brings the energy.

Human Error
02-04-2014, 11:55 PM
And majority of ISH think he is a top 2 MVP candidate. :facepalm

HoopsFanNumero1
02-04-2014, 11:56 PM
He got overrated in the ECF last year and it carried over to this year. He's just reverting to the norm right now. This should have been expected.

Lebron23
02-04-2014, 11:56 PM
Like what other posters said earlier he had a hot start. I personally dont feel like he is a true alpha player. To me, he sort of comes across as what Pippen would have been like had he not been paired with Jordan most of his career.

me too. The guy is like the RIP Hamilton of his team . Richard led his team in scoring, but of course PG is a better all around player and better individual player than Hamilton. I am just comparing their roles. Prime Pippen is still better than PG.

DaSeba5
02-04-2014, 11:58 PM
Which is why I laughed at the overreaction at the beginning of the season. He's a good player, but not a super star yet.

Jetballer24
He got overrated in the ECF last year and it carried over to this year. He's just reverting to the norm right now. This should have been expected.

I disagree his norm is not as bad as he is playing right now.

jalbert009
And majority of ISH think he is a top 2 MVP candidate. :facepalm
I dunno man, I dont think many people had him over Durant and Bron. But you can argue he's top 3 considering team record.

Miller for 3
02-04-2014, 11:59 PM
me too. The guy is like the RIP hamilton of his team . Richard led his team in scoring, but of course PG is a better all around player than Hamilton. I am just comparing their roles.

Lebron is more Rip Hamilton. Wade is the alpha of the Heat. They have a losing record without him, and a winning record without Lebron. Lebron is like Stephon Marbury, a career loser who is a cancer to his team. Maybe he can win when he goes to China after being banned for HGH use and paying off refs before games (lockout and injury plagued 2013 rings don't count)

JohnFreeman
02-05-2014, 12:01 AM
Lebron is more Rip Hamilton. Wade is the alpha of the Heat. They have a losing record without him, and a winning record without Lebron. Lebron is like Stephon Marbury, a career loser who is a cancer to his team. Maybe he can win when he goes to China after being banned for HGH use and paying off refs before games (lockout and injury plagued 2013 rings don't count)
:rolleyes:

Lebron23
02-05-2014, 12:01 AM
Which is why I laughed at the overreaction at the beginning of the season. He's a good player, but not a super star yet.

Current Pacers reminds me of the 2000's Detroit Pistons. They don't have a legit NBA Superstar, but they were one of the deepest and most well balanced team in the league.

Lebron23
02-05-2014, 12:02 AM

Terrible gimmick account. Did jeffrey banned your 2 primary accounts?? You are not even a Pacers fan

JohnFreeman
02-05-2014, 12:02 AM
Crunk Juice tried to argue that George is better than Melo at everything but scoring. Melo averages more rebounds and blocks :oldlol:

Legends66NBA7
02-05-2014, 12:03 AM
me too. The guy is like the RIP Hamilton of his team . Richard led his team in scoring, but of course PG is a better all around player and better individual player than Hamilton. I am just comparing their roles. Prime Pippen is still better than PG.

DeMar DeRozan is a better comparison to Richard Hamilton, season by season. Although, I believe DeMar will be the better overall player.

Miller for 3
02-05-2014, 12:03 AM
ITT

Beta player fans get butthurt that the alphas of the league (Durant, George, Wade, Kobe, Aldridge) are destroying their idols

jalbert009
02-05-2014, 12:04 AM
Current Pacers reminds me of the 2000's Detroit Pistons. They don't have a legit NBA Superstar, but they were one of the deepest and most well balanced team in the league.
I agree. But to be fair PG stands out more as the superior player in this team. I couldnt decide who was the best player in the 2000s Pistons.

Lebron23
02-05-2014, 12:05 AM
He's averaging 15.8 ppg on 31.8 FG% in their last 5 games, and the Pacers are 4-1.

DaSeba5
02-05-2014, 12:05 AM

That's not a bad comparison. I see it.

JohnFreeman
02-05-2014, 12:07 AM
I agree. But to be fair PG stands out more as the superior player in this team. I couldnt decide who was the best player in the 2000s Pistons.
Chauncey or Sheed

jalbert009
02-05-2014, 12:07 AM
Too bad that Pistons team drafted darko over Melo. Other wise they could have been competing for a ring right till the late 00's. :lol

retaxis
02-05-2014, 12:08 AM
Lets be honest, no one is stopping Heat from 3 peat. Hibbert is over rated, West is getting older (around same age as battier/haslem/bird) and PG will not be able to beat Lebron in any scenario. Fact is Heat has Oden this year when they only had Bird last year so chances are much higher to beat the pacers this year then last.

Miller for 3
02-05-2014, 12:08 AM
He's averaging 15.8 ppg on 31.8 FG% in their last 5 games, and the Pacers are 4-1.

Lebron averages 19ppg on 51 TS% against handchecking. Prime Shawn Marion > prime Lebron

Lebron23
02-05-2014, 12:09 AM
ITT

Beta player fans get butthurt that the alphas of the league (Durant, George, Wade, Kobe, Aldridge) are destroying their idols

Back to back Finals MVP. George wants to be an NBA Superstar. He needs to play like one.

PieceOfFelt
Too bad that Pistons team drafted darko over Melo. Other wise they could have been competing for a ring right till the late 00's. :lol

Or they could have drafted Wade and become a dynasty.

jalbert009
Chauncey or Sheed
Thats what I mean. It was hard to decide who was the best player or while were at it, who was the most important player too because Big Ben was an extremely good defensive anchor.

Lebron23
02-05-2014, 12:10 AM
Lebron averages 19ppg on 51 TS% against handchecking. Prime Shawn Marion > prime Lebron

4x NBA MVP, and 2x Finals MVP. SO STFU. I just reported your 3rd alternate account. I think it's time to create a new one.

JohnFreeman
02-05-2014, 12:10 AM
I would have loved to have seen Melo on the Pistons.
Billups
Rip
Melo
Sheed
Wallace :eek:

Melo might not have started though

Droid101
02-05-2014, 12:11 AM
His team is winning without him having to do much.

Miller for 3
02-05-2014, 12:11 AM
4x NBA MVP, and 2x Finals MVP. SO STFU. I just reported your 3rd alternate account. I think it's time to create a new one.

:oldlol: :lol :roll:

Referring to lockout and injury filled seasons :roll:

I'm sure you will be posting his China accolades when he is deported there for HGH use and paying the refs

jalbert009
02-05-2014, 12:12 AM
I would have loved to have seen Melo on the Pistons.
Billups
Rip
Melo
Sheed
Wallace :eek:

Melo might not have started though
Maybe not in the first year but he would have easily taken over Prince's starting role in his sophomore year.

Mure
02-05-2014, 12:13 AM
:oldlol: :lol :roll:

Referring to lockout and injury filled seasons :roll:

I'm sure you will be posting his China accolades when he is deported there for HGH use and paying the refs

Ignoring this dude for sheer retardation.

Legends66NBA7
02-05-2014, 12:13 AM
Thats what I mean. It was hard to decide who was the best player or while were at it, who was the most important player too because Big Ben was an extremely good defensive anchor.

Ben Wallace was their most important player. Billups was the better overall 2 way player and their floor general. Rasheed Wallace was alright playing a team first oriented role but sometimes his antics got the better of him and his team... and Richard Hamilton was their main scorer.

Lebron23
02-05-2014, 12:14 AM
His team is winning without him having to do much.

That's why He's still not yet an NBA Superstar. Superstars put up consistent numbers every game. Superstars get criticize when his team losses a game or if he has a terrible game. He was shooting poorly in his recent games, and no ones even starts a thread about it until today.

JohnFreeman
That Pistons team was incredible to watch. Billups was one of my favourite PGs sigh

mentallooser
They're still winning. The good thing about the team is their ability to share the load and different people can carry it for awhile so no one gets too worn out over the course of the season.

Legends66NBA7
02-05-2014, 12:15 AM

Thing is, I think most can see that George is the better player on most nights for the Pacers. You never really got that from the 00's Pistons. They were a very well balanced ball club.

Lebron23
02-05-2014, 12:16 AM
Ignoring this dude for sheer retardation.

Yup. He's just a gimmick account. Lebron passed the Olympic Style Drug Test. Lebron is not afraid of needles and blood.

Akrazotile

OP you've never had to swallow a load this big.

Oh wait, YOU DO ALL TEH TIMEZ

houston
that whole squad overrated

retaxis
The thing with PG is that he is still young and doesn't square himself up to the basket when he takes a shot too often. He just thinks he is 'superstar' level all of a sudden and don't need to focus on squaring up...result is miss miss miss hit miss hit miss.

Lebron23
02-05-2014, 12:18 AM
That Pistons team was incredible to watch. Billups was one of my favourite PGs sigh

Prime Ben Wallace was my favorite Piston. One of the best defensive players of all time.

JohnFreeman
02-05-2014, 12:19 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5vdbx2m2V1ruj0bpo1_r1_1280.jpg
:cry:

PieceOfFelt
02-05-2014, 12:34 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5vdbx2m2V1ruj0bpo1_r1_1280.jpg
:cry:

Great team. Odd that Prince isn't in the photo.

JohnFreeman
02-05-2014, 12:34 AM
Great team. Odd that Prince isn't in the photo.
Probably the photographer :oldlol:

PieceOfFelt
02-05-2014, 12:36 AM
Sheed was the true badass on that team. After they picked him up they took off.

SamuraiSWISH
02-05-2014, 01:07 AM
I called it, and all the over zealous Kobe stans ready to hop the bandwagon to find a challenger to LeBron. I said PG was good but people declaring him a superstar after a quarter of just one season is absurd.

Lebron23
02-05-2014, 01:15 AM
I called it, and all the over zealous Kobe stans ready to hop the bandwagon to find a challenger to LeBron. I said PG was good but people declaring him a superstar after a quarter of just one season is absurd.

I remember that. I think It was Deuce_Bigalow who created that thread.

ClutchOver9000
02-05-2014, 01:28 AM
Overrated happened.

Don't get me wrong... George is a very good player (with clear superstar potential) but he's not on the level of a LeBron or a KD, I personally don't even consider him better than Melo or Westbrook (my opinion). Doesn't mean he can't or won't soon be though.

The dude is an all-star level player fortunate enough to play on a supremely talented squad. Nothing more, nothing less.

He had a sizzling hot start to the year, he's cooled off as was expected.

Smook A.
02-05-2014, 01:31 AM
Overrated happened.

Don't get me wrong... George is a very good player (with clear superstar potential) but he's not on the level of a LeBron or a KD, I personally don't even consider him better than Melo or Westbrook (my opinion). Doesn't mean he can't or won't soon be though.

The dude is an all-star level player fortunate enough to play on a supremely talented squad. Nothing more, nothing less.

He had a sizzling hot start to the year, he's cooled off as was expected.
I think lebron, durant, westbrook, melo, davis, curry, harden, cousins, love, aldridge and cp3 are better than pg

Fresh Kid
02-05-2014, 01:42 AM
he was never a superstar, he was just overrated to be one. End thread.

moe94
02-05-2014, 01:43 AM

Thread isn't about Melo doe

:coleman:

Fresh Kid
02-05-2014, 01:46 AM
Thread isn't about Melo doe

:coleman:
tha same niguh who had 62 points, multiple all star, never missed playoffs in a 10 year span, 2 olympic gold medals, scoring champ, and a mens ncaa basketball title?:lol.........:rolleyes: :facepalm :biggums: :coleman:

moe94
02-05-2014, 01:48 AM
tha same niguh who had 62 points, multiple all star, never missed playoffs in a 10 year span, 2 olympic gold medals, scoring champ, and a mens ncaa basketball title?:lol.........:rolleyes: :facepalm :biggums: :coleman:

You know Melo is a joke when you have to talk about Olympic medals, college and scoring titles.

You're not helping your cause.

I was joking, by the way, but now I might be serious. :biggums:

JohnFreeman
02-05-2014, 01:51 AM
How can anyone say George is better than Melo?

Fresh Kid
02-05-2014, 01:53 AM
You know Melo is a joke when you have to talk about Olympic medals, college and scoring titles.

You're not helping your cause.

I was joking, by the way, but now I might be serious. :biggums:
so whats that make paulina george then since he never won olympic medals, college and scoring titles then?:lol

Fresh Kid
02-05-2014, 01:54 AM
How can anyone say George is better than Melo?
They are hundredz of delusonal, and salty ass haterz who think so on this board and george got more votes than melo to start this year for tha east which iz simply preposterous and unbelievable bullshit:facepalm :banghead:

JohnFreeman
02-05-2014, 01:56 AM
They are hundredz of delusonal, and salty ass haterz who think so on this board and george got more votes than melo to start this year for tha east which iz simply preposterous and unbelievable bullshit:facepalm :banghead:
Melo getting disrespected

I.R.Beast
02-05-2014, 02:08 AM
ever heard of something called a slump?....he'll be fine...

IncarceratedBob
02-05-2014, 05:49 PM
He's a role player

NumberSix
02-05-2014, 05:51 PM
Left his balls in Miami.

He loves to hit the late night club, drank and buzz.

ImKobe
02-05-2014, 06:24 PM
Knew he'd come back down to earth mid-season because his offensive game is not that polished, was hot from 3 for a while but it stopped falling.

Frozen1
02-05-2014, 06:39 PM
Overrated player who got relevant because his team have good players and coaching, and also a good record.

Ratnik
02-05-2014, 06:42 PM
He's a good player but not a superstar. Definitely not a top 3 player like most people say he is
This.