PDA

View Full Version : Dirk Nowitzki Last 5 Games

DirkNowitzki41
02-06-2014, 12:32 AM
30ppg/9rbs/3asts on 61.6% FG/55.5% 3PTFG/97% FT and going 4-1 in that stretch.. :bowdown: :bowdown: This man is 35 years old....

Still wanna doubt this man as an all-star? :applause:

Milbuck
02-06-2014, 12:34 AM
Him and Timmy D man, those ****ers refuse to go away. Love to see them play this well at this stage of their careers.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
02-06-2014, 12:35 AM
Either him or LMA are the best PF in the game
Top 3 PF ever
a real nikka:applause: he the biggest reason Monta had one of his best seasons in yrs lol at dumb nikkas acting like Monta did anything for Dirk.:roll:

moe94
02-06-2014, 12:35 AM
Jesus Christ.

AnaheimLakers24
02-06-2014, 12:36 AM
hows monta doing

DirkNowitzki41
02-06-2014, 12:38 AM
hows monta doing

For the season he's at 20ppg/6asts on 46.5% shooting..

the good thing is that he has improved defensively since the start of the season.. and has been smarter with his shot selection.. underrated signing

the only negative is that he turns the ball over alot, but I guess that comes with attacking the basket more than anyone in the league

Wang Zhi Zhi
02-06-2014, 12:41 AM
it's a shame cuban is an idiot

AnaheimLakers24
02-06-2014, 12:42 AM
For the season he's at 20ppg/6asts on 46.5% shooting..

the good thing is that he has improved defensively since the start of the season.. and has been smarter with his shot selection.. underrated signing
nominate for mip. not like he couldnt score before but thats pretty efficient and hes playing team ball. they also in playoff contention and i could easily see them taking out a top seed depending on positioning

DirkNowitzki41
02-06-2014, 12:46 AM
nominate for mip. not like he couldnt score before but thats pretty efficient and hes playing team ball. they also in playoff contention and i could easily see them taking out a top seed depending on positioning

yeah. I just dont want to go up against OKC.. but if the Mavs can somehow get a good defensive anchor, they'd be pretty scary.. Larry Sanders could be a great fit with Dirk.

AnaheimLakers24
02-06-2014, 12:47 AM
yeah. I just dont want to go up against OKC.. but if the Mavs can somehow get a good defensive anchor, they'd be pretty scary.. Larry Sanders could be a great fit with Dirk.
doubt the bucks part ways with him. didnt he just get a fat contract

LONGTIME
02-06-2014, 12:49 AM
:durantunimpressed:

goldcrow
02-06-2014, 12:50 AM
doubt the bucks part ways with him. didnt he just get a fat contract

I read somewhere Sanders wasn't happy with the Bucks? :confusedshrug: Sanders will be great, him and Dalmbert will be a great defensive frontcourt along with Brandan Wright at PF.

Anyway, props to Dirk, showing why he's one of the all time greats.

kentatm
02-06-2014, 01:20 AM
http://cdn3.sbnation.com/fan_shot_images/196603/tumblr_llq3xsgnze1qiaw26o1_400.png

germanfellow
02-06-2014, 06:08 AM
i would love to see a team of parker/kidd/trix/dirk/duncan kick some young kids butt in a playoff series.

heck - i just wanna see dirk and duncan play together in a meaningful game.

BoutPractice
02-06-2014, 06:15 AM
Ridirkulous. He and Duncan should have the politeness to decline like any normal human being.

CeltsGarlic
02-06-2014, 06:15 AM
I freaking love this big fella. Those stats are amazing.

DMAVS41
02-06-2014, 08:17 AM
Crazy.

He's at 22/6/3 60% TS for the season...49/41/91 shooting splits. And he's doing it all in 32 minutes a game.

Our defense sucks, but Dirk's defense has actually not fallen off as much as I would have thought given his age and what we still ask from him on offense.

If this team could add a center and some perimeter defensive help this off season it could be legit scary next year if Dirk stays at this level.

JohnFreeman
02-06-2014, 08:28 AM
Sign Larry Sanders

AirFederer
02-06-2014, 08:37 AM
http://cdn3.sbnation.com/fan_shot_images/196603/tumblr_llq3xsgnze1qiaw26o1_400.png
:bowdown:

:applause:

JohnFreeman
02-06-2014, 08:38 AM
http://dailysnark.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/YSeh2xR.gif

germanfellow
02-06-2014, 10:18 AM
that smile before the shot goes up is priceless. nothing but net, of course!

pegasus
02-06-2014, 11:54 AM
One of the best ever. It's a shame Cuban is completely wasting his last few years.

VIntageNOvel
02-06-2014, 12:01 PM
it's a shame cuban is an idiot

this,
fukcing cuban care more about lakers (CP3 trade) than his own team,
blew out the championship team :roll:

goldcrow
02-06-2014, 12:09 PM
Sign Larry Sanders

Any possibility to this?

Marlo_Stanfield
02-06-2014, 12:47 PM
Dirk could ahve retired with 2 FMVPs if Cuban wasnt such a straight up retard.
He will always be remembered as the only player able to beat LeBron in the playoffs when LeBron had a good team.:bowdown:
for me hes top 20 at least and one can make a case for top 15. skill wise maybe even higher:applause:

ArbitraryWater
02-06-2014, 01:14 PM
Dirk is the fkn man :bowdown:

Unbelievable. Top 15 (YES) All Time Great. One of the best scorers/offensive players ever... last year was pure frustration for me seing oj mayo and collison gift away every close game, this year we gonna snap the 7th spot and upset the spurs in round 1! BOOK IT

DMAVS41
02-06-2014, 01:25 PM
this,
fukcing cuban care more about lakers (CP3 trade) than his own team,
blew out the championship team :roll:

I don't want to derail the thread...and Cuban/Nellie have failed Dirk throughout his career, but what happened after 2011 is not their fault (it was their fault they built a team needing to be blown up, but it also won the title)

I don't know how many times people say this crap, and then can't come up with what the Mavs actually should have done. Keep Chandler? Okay...then our team is Dirk, Chandler, Terry, and Marion while losing basically everyone else...and that just in all reality is not good enough to win the title.

dr.hee
02-06-2014, 01:45 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BfxAzSUCQAAzbr3.jpg

:applause:

Bob Dole
02-06-2014, 01:50 PM
That German GOAT.

Would rather have his scoring than most high level chuckers in the league.

RichieW
02-06-2014, 02:00 PM
I don't want to derail the thread...and Cuban/Nellie have failed Dirk throughout his career, but what happened after 2011 is not their fault (it was their fault they built a team needing to be blown up, but it also won the title)

I don't know how many times people say this crap, and then can't come up with what the Mavs actually should have done. Keep Chandler? Okay...then our team is Dirk, Chandler, Terry, and Marion while losing basically everyone else...and that just in all reality is not good enough to win the title.

Bring Chandler back and see what happens. I don't think Mavs could have repeated but you never know. Even with Chandler at $13m they would still have around $10m cap space in 2012.

Also, knowing they wouldn't be chasing Williams they could have used Kidd and Terrys expiring contracts to trade for players or picks taking salary back.

I feel like a front court trio of Marion/Dirk/Chandler would always be in the conversation due to their size and defence.

brain drain
02-06-2014, 02:41 PM
Yeah, whatever the outcome with Chandler, it couldn't possibly have been worse than Cuban's idiotic "powder plan". Dirk, Marion & the Mavs fans should've tarred and feathered Cuban for that sh*t.

moaz
02-06-2014, 02:52 PM

Hey DMAVS41,

I like you as a fellow mavs fan, and enjoy your posts, because they are rational, realistic and well researched. And you never let any of the usual trolls here get under your skin.

But, please couldn't you once, just once, enjoy a positive thread about Mavs/Dirk without pointing out all the negative things we all know.

It is sometimes the same as if a Dwight fan kept reminding people who write Superman, that Dwight can't fly.

Anyway cheers :cheers:.

As for Dirk: I will forgive him sitting the first game I ever took my son to (to show him Dirk, and it was also my first mavs game ever after 23 years being a fan). :D

NumberSix
02-06-2014, 03:30 PM
He's the best player in the world right now.

Fire Colangelo
02-06-2014, 04:02 PM
Hey DMAVS41,

I like you as a fellow mavs fan, and enjoy your posts, because they are rational, realistic and well researched. And you never let any of the usual trolls here get under your skin.

But, please couldn't you once, just once, enjoy a positive thread about Mavs/Dirk without pointing out all the negative things we all know.

It is sometimes the same as if a Dwight fan kept reminding people who write Superman, that Dwight can't fly.

As for Dirk: I will forgive him sitting the first game I ever took my son to (to show him Dirk, and it was also my first mavs game ever after 23 years being a fan). :D

He sat out a game in Toronto that i went to just a couple weeks ago as well :(

moaz
02-06-2014, 04:03 PM
He sat out a game in Toronto that i went to just a couple weeks ago as well :(

It was the Toronto game :rant

Fire Colangelo
02-06-2014, 04:31 PM
It was the Toronto game :rant

:rant :rant

Was really disappointed tbh, bought tickets back in like november just to see dirk. at least Toronto won the game.

DMAVS41
02-06-2014, 04:45 PM
Bring Chandler back and see what happens. I don't think Mavs could have repeated but you never know. Even with Chandler at $13m they would still have around $10m cap space in 2012.

Also, knowing they wouldn't be chasing Williams they could have used Kidd and Terrys expiring contracts to trade for players or picks taking salary back.

I feel like a front court trio of Marion/Dirk/Chandler would always be in the conversation due to their size and defence.

But you just said you don't think the Mavs could have repeated. Which I agree with. And just keep in mind that was the only goal...winning the title. I must also point out that we offered Chandler 20 million to stay.

And I must point out that our team in 2012 was actually very good...if Odom doesn't quit and plays at his normal level...it would have been a deadly team.

But it just sucks because nothing would have worked...and that is the point I'm trying to get across. Nothing would have worked. Bring back Chandler and you are stuck with an aging and overpaid core prone to injuries...and alternatively if you let them all go (like we did)...you don't get a superstar and you can't win.

Classic "no win" situation. Also, people need to stop ignoring just how terrible Chandler has been on the Knicks. He's been hurt/awful outside of the 12 regular season.

DMAVS41
02-06-2014, 04:48 PM
Hey DMAVS41,

I prop Dirk more than anyone here. My "negative" responses are about ignorant fans blaming Cuban/Nellie for the stuff after the title. It's actually the only part of the Dirk era in which they made the right decisions (they just didn't work out)

I'm more interested in trying to figure out why we aren't using Marion's expiring contract and Larkin as trade bait for teams looking to dump. That and a 2nd rounder might be enough to get Asik. Or potentially set something up with Larry Sanders given all his issues.

It just gets annoying hearing people go on and on about Cuban letting Dirk down after 2011...and then when pressed they have no idea what else we could have done. Just bring back Chandler and hope he plays way better than he ever has....LOL

brain drain
02-06-2014, 04:57 PM
But you just said you don't think the Mavs could have repeated. Which I agree with. And just keep in mind that was the only goal...winning the title.
That "we need a title" mindset was the reason for the downfall.

They should've just went with the best realistic scenario and see how far they get with it instead of planning for a "pie in the sky" scenario. They should've tried that for three years and then blown it up to rebuild through the draft.

Looking at the 2012 playoffs, with Chandler, they might've had a chance against OKC (the games were kinda close even without him), who knows how far they could've gone.

Instead, it's all about the eigth place now, and as long as Dirk will be around they won't be bad enough to get a high draft pick, but also won't be good enough to do much in the playoffs, because no matter who they get, it will be nearly impossible to offset the aging of Dirk and Marion.

So, basically they said "championship or bust" after the title - and went straight into 5 years of mediocrity (if Dirk stays for 2 more years). Quite ironic, isn't it?

russwest0
02-06-2014, 04:58 PM
They made the smart choice not paying Chandler like 15M a season.

brain drain
02-06-2014, 05:01 PM
Also, people need to stop ignoring just how terrible Chandler has been on the Knicks. He's been hurt/awful outside of the 12 regular season.

That one season plus the rest of the 11/'12 Mavs would've been better than anything that actually happened since '11 and most probably also better than anything that will happen in the next few years. So it absolutely would've been worth it.

spacebump
02-06-2014, 06:33 PM

The Mavs would be clearly better if they resigned Chandler but if they resigned the whole team, it probably wouldn't have worked again. Age really started to show for Terry and Kidd the next season.

And I must point out that our team in 2012 was actually very good...if Odom doesn't quit and plays at his normal level...it would have been a deadly team.

This. People tend to forget how much Odom fell off that season. That trade was seen by many as a good steal until we saw how Odom played that year.

DMAVS41
02-06-2014, 07:55 PM
That "we need a title" mindset was the reason for the downfall.

They should've just went with the best realistic scenario and see how far they get with it instead of planning for a "pie in the sky" scenario. They should've tried that for three years and then blown it up to rebuild through the draft.

Looking at the 2012 playoffs, with Chandler, they might've had a chance against OKC (the games were kinda close even without him), who knows how far they could've gone.

Instead, it's all about the eigth place now, and as long as Dirk will be around they won't be bad enough to get a high draft pick, but also won't be good enough to do much in the playoffs, because no matter who they get, it will be nearly impossible to offset the aging of Dirk and Marion.

So, basically they said "championship or bust" after the title - and went straight into 5 years of mediocrity (if Dirk stays for 2 more years). Quite ironic, isn't it?

You just have a different goal in mind then. Which is fine, but Dirk/Mavs just don't care about potentially winning 1 playoff series. After an entire career Dirk has had...it is championship or bust. You think Cuban/Dirk care about getting to the 2nd round at best? Been there, done that, at this point the goal should be championship or bust. And it's been "bust"...but that was guaranteed bringing back a player that is often injured and can't even average a double double in the playoffs.

And bringing back Chandler would have "given up" and realistic chance the Mavs had of making a title run. Not to mention that Chandler has been dreadful in the playoffs the last 2 years in NY and been injured often. For example, we aren't making the playoffs last year likely anyway with Chandler...and we'd be out of the playoffs for sure with Chandler missing so many games already.

So it really boils down to 2012. And while we would have been better with Chandler of course...and might have made the 2nd round...we weren't winning the title. Especially given how dreadful Chandler was in the playoffs in 12. The Mavs were an aging team that had peaked and everyone was going to regress to the norm in 12.

Also, our future is so much better now than it would have been with Chandler. Chandler would be eating up 14 million of cap next year...LOL. Instead we got to use part of that money on Ellis...and will be able to build a better team this summer.

So again. Here is the scenario with Chandler.

12 - At best lose in the 2nd round (people forget that the team/Dirk regressed in 12)

13 - At best lose in the first round of the playoffs

14 - Miss the playoffs (no money to improve roster last summer and Chandler hurt)

15 - Chandler in last year of contract and team won't have cap room to improve roster

Seriously. Why pay a guy near max that at best gets you 1 more playoff series win over a 4 year period...and actually starts hurting you in year 3.

The over-rating of Chandler has to stop. And at the time, the funny thing, is that people were yelling at Cuban about not signing Barea...LOL

People just love the blame narrative. They ignore how over-rated Chandler is. They ignore that Kidd and Terry were done. That Dirk/Marion were aging.

And what happens with Chandler? You said 5 straight years of mediocrity...LOL

What do you expect the results are paying 14 plus million a year for Chandler? Anything other than mediocre?

DMAVS41
02-06-2014, 07:58 PM
That one season plus the rest of the 11/'12 Mavs would've been better than anything that actually happened since '11 and most probably also better than anything that will happen in the next few years. So it absolutely would've been worth it.

Worth it for what? To be locked into a bad contract with no wiggle room?

All to potentially win a playoffs series in 12.

****...even knowing how it all played out I still wouldn't sign Chandler. That is what is so sick about this shit...

I could just imagine the outcry in Dallas over the last 2.5 years with Chandler. The guy sucking in the playoffs in 12 and us losing in the first or 2nd round. Missing the playoffs in 13 or losing in the first round...then the dude missing a ton of games in 14 that would cost us making the playoffs for sure. And then another year of a big contract that prevents us from improving the team enough.

I'd love to have a glimpse into this alternate reality. Moral of the story...fans bitch no matter what.

SCdac
02-07-2014, 02:59 AM
Dirk is killing it :applause: ... As a Spurs fan there's an inherent rivalry with all things-Mavs but can't deny Dirk's greatness as a offensive player and player in general.

Patrick Chewing
02-07-2014, 03:08 AM
Mavs get: Melo, Chandler

Knicks get: Larkin, Wright, Marion, 2014, 2016 first

Andrei89
02-07-2014, 08:49 AM
I heard the MAVS are making moves for Lebron again.

DMAVS41
02-07-2014, 08:54 AM
Mavs get: Melo, Chandler

Knicks get: Larkin, Wright, Marion, 2014, 2016 first

Numbers don't work. And I don't think Mavs can trade picks again until the one they owe the Thunder is officially dealt.

Also, that deal is awful. Chandler is way too expensive and we don't want a guy like Melo.