.847 FT

Who was/is the better player?

JohnFreeman
02-06-2014, 12:47 AM
Monta elley got dat

Smook A.
02-06-2014, 12:47 AM
Harden is a better passer imo but overall I guess monta was better

If james played defense I'd put him over 2010 monta. Hopefully he'll improve it over time

Milbuck
02-06-2014, 12:52 AM
How would the Rockets do if they swapped out Harden for that year's Monta?

JohnFreeman
02-06-2014, 12:54 AM
Probably three peat

WWRWestbrookDo?
02-06-2014, 12:54 AM
No version of Ellis is better than Harden

Milbuck
02-06-2014, 12:56 AM
Probably three peat
I think they'd have trouble getting past OKC 3 times in a row, but I do think 1 chip is guaranteed.

Smook A.
02-06-2014, 12:56 AM
Well if monta played with another pretty good player like dwight and Parsons, his stats would be slightly lower. If the Rockets swapped harden and 2010 monta, they would be the same or just a bit better. Monta isn't a great defender but he's better than Harden at it. Last year's Harden and 2010 monta are more comparable, imho

RightToCensor
02-06-2014, 01:03 AM
2 volume scorers that live by driving in the paint. They are basically the same. Harden's a better shooter from 3. Harden also has better teammates, so some of Monte's stats are inflated.

oarabbus
02-06-2014, 03:01 AM
It's pretty close. This years rockets are better than that year's warriors. And Monta isn't really a great defender or anything which means not a huge gap.

Mr Exlax
02-06-2014, 11:02 AM
The thing about it is that when James Harden plays defense then this comparison is all a win for him. He plays good defense, just only when he wants to lol

Marlo_Stanfield
02-06-2014, 11:04 AM
The thing about it is that when James Harden plays defense then this comparison is all a win for him. He plays good defense, just only when he wants to lol
which is twice a season
Harden as of now is incredibly overrated and the biggest flopper in the league. last night he flopped 5-6 times again, all calls:biggums:
dude is a disgrace and if the rockets had someone like afflalo and a back up center for harden theyd be much better:facepalm

JohnFreeman
02-06-2014, 11:06 AM
That's why Harden isn't a superstar in my opinion. Superstars don't choose when to play defense

Mr Exlax
02-06-2014, 11:09 AM
which is twice a season
Harden as of now is incredibly overrated and the biggest flopper in the league. last night he flopped 5-6 times again, all calls:biggums:
dude is a disgrace and if the rockets had someone like afflalo and a back up center for harden theyd be much better:facepalm

He plays defense every game. It's just scattered throughout the game. Makes no sense to me at all.

The flopping thing, I mean it is what it is. He sells contact. He gets and 1s. That's not flopping to me. Acting like there is contact is flopping to me. You have to be more specific if you're gonna discuss flopping with me.

Afflalo I know he's good, but I'm not sure how good. I don't watch him play enough. He might be what we need, but he doesn't even demand a double team i don't think. He doesn't create for his teammates yet does he? Can he create his own shot?

Mr Exlax
02-06-2014, 11:11 AM
That's why Harden isn't a superstar in my opinion. Superstars don't choose when to play defense

I can't argue with you there. There's nothing more I hate than not giving effort. He wasn't like this in OKC. He wasn't like this last season either. I gave him passes at the start of the year cause I thought it was the injuries. Now it's just disgusting. I blame him, but I also blame McHale. He needs to bench him. That's what will fix it.

SacJB Shady
02-06-2014, 11:20 AM
James Harden helps his team win. Monta could never do that.

Smook A.
02-06-2014, 11:26 AM
James Harden helps his team win. Monta could never do that.
Last year if the Rockets didn't have Harden they wouldn't have made the playoffs and I guarantee they'd be one of the worst teams in the league

Fire Colangelo
02-06-2014, 02:26 PM
:oldlol: I posted the same thing comparing Ellis and Harden in another thread.

One thing people don't realized is that Ellis averaged like 6FTA while averaging 25 points per game, while Harden averaged like 10 FTAs. All this while Monta plays better defense (anything is better than none) and had a better mid range game.

dunksby
02-06-2014, 03:20 PM
Close call, current Harden is my choice because of his playoff resume despite his AWOL status in 2012 finals.

Black and White
02-06-2014, 03:22 PM
Give me Monta, the guy that doesn't get bailed out by foul calls.

RightToCensor
02-06-2014, 03:29 PM
Has Monta won a playoff game? Actually, has he ever made the playoffs?

Marlo_Stanfield
02-06-2014, 03:29 PM
He plays defense every game. It's just scattered throughout the game. Makes no sense to me at all.

The flopping thing, I mean it is what it is. He sells contact. He gets and 1s. That's not flopping to me. Acting like there is contact is flopping to me. You have to be more specific if you're gonna discuss flopping with me.

Afflalo I know he's good, but I'm not sure how good. I don't watch him play enough. He might be what we need, but he doesn't even demand a double team i don't think. He doesn't create for his teammates yet does he? Can he create his own shot?
yes he can. hes an elite defender and very good 3 pt shooter and shooter in general. offensively not as gifted as harden but easily capable of putting up 15-17 PPG on good efficency. on this loaded team thats all Houston needs. he is excellent off the ball and finally Lin could start again and do what he does better than any rockets player which is run the team.
harden because of his defensive collapses is so overrated on this team because they already have 3 good to great scorer in Howard, Lin and PArsons and many other offensively capable guys.
what Houston needs is a good perimeter dEfender with size.
Afllalo= instant contender:applause:

Black and White
02-06-2014, 03:44 PM
Has Monta won a playoff game? Actually, has he ever made the playoffs?

Yes, with the Warriors and the Bucks.

Stop trying to put him down.

NumberSix
02-06-2014, 03:56 PM
Harden is the only person who might possibly be a bigger bitch than Deuxrant.

Micku
02-06-2014, 03:58 PM

Disagree. Kobe did it a lot. He choose when to play d, and miss out on defensive assignments especially in his later half on his career. While Harden is probably worse, the point is that you don't have to be a good defender to be a superstar.

RightToCensor
02-06-2014, 04:00 PM
Yes, with the Warriors and the Bucks.

Stop trying to put him down.
What his career averages and W-L record in the playoffs.

Black and White
02-06-2014, 04:02 PM
What his career averages and W-L record in the playoffs.

Dude, you are reaching here, Hardens stats are better but whats the topic? Current Harden v 09-10 Monta right?

Cali Syndicate
02-06-2014, 04:07 PM
Monta gets slept on. Even more so by the refs. So many many times where he gets obvious contact driving to the cup and refs don't even flinch while harden gets his pinky touched and gets calls. I get harden is bigger and stronger and absorbs contact well but seriously, if monta got even half the calls harden does, he would have a 30ppg seaoson. Guess that's where that selling the contact comes in to play. Explosive scorer and a one man fast break. Harden has better vision and playmaking abilities though. Monta wasn't all that great a man defender but knew how to play the lanes well. Monta was like a iverson-lite to me without the crossover. Harden is overrated.

RightToCensor
02-06-2014, 04:08 PM
His Monta still in the NBA?

NumberSix
02-06-2014, 04:10 PM

Dallas.

ABfor3
02-06-2014, 04:13 PM
This thread is ridiculous, Harden has a way better team around him so his stats are down, last seasons Harden is actually more comparable, and he's better by far..last year he actually played d, idk if Dwight's presence makes him feel like he doesn't need to try as hard but it bugs me..he's great when he tries, when he doesn't he's a bit annoying to watch..

Black and White
02-06-2014, 04:15 PM

:facepalm