PDA

View Full Version : Cavs fire GM Chris Grant!

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
02-06-2014, 01:30 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 4m
The Cleveland Cavaliers have fired general manager Chris Grant, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

lol what took so long

Uncle Drew
02-06-2014, 01:30 PM
:banana:

Now fire Brown.

alec613
02-06-2014, 01:31 PM
That ridiculous blowout game from the Lakers game was the last straw.

MMM
Best move since drafting lebron

Dr. Ice
We all knew they were going to do SOMETHING after that embarassing lakers game

RightToCensor
SHIT'S GETTING REAL!!!

:lebronamazed: :lebronamazed: :lebronamazed: :lebronamazed: :lebronamazed:

noob cake
02-06-2014, 01:32 PM
What about Mike Brown?

Brook(lyn)Lopez
Kaman sleeping on the depleted Laker bench was the final straw.

alec613
Now Mike Brown is next.
Least Lakers aren't paying majority of his salary:D

Now go win some freaking games!

NattyPButter
02-06-2014, 01:35 PM
Brown should had been the first to go. Then get TT out of the starting line up and put Dion back into line up and start Bennett. Oh wait Kyrie still playing so Cavs would still get killed.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
02-06-2014, 01:35 PM
must now fire the incompotent coach

toneloc103
02-06-2014, 01:43 PM
Brown should had been the first to go. Then get TT out of the starting line up and put Dion back into line up and start Bennett. Oh wait Kyrie still playing so Cavs would still get killed.

co-sign

Meticode
02-06-2014, 01:48 PM
I honestly think they're going to wait to make a decision on Brown until after the end of the season to see if he can get control of this team. This was a good decision to let Chris Grant go. I don't know how much say Dan Gilbert had in decisions, but the two biggest blunders to me this season I felt was re-hiring Mike Brown and drafting Anthony Bennett (even before he put on a Cavs uniform).

Mike Brown is the next on the chopping block.

Meticode
02-06-2014, 01:49 PM
I disagree, Grant should've been the first to go. Grant is the one responsible for drafting Bennett and re-hiring Brown back. The Blunders of 2013-2014 season he is directly responsible for.

nightprowler10
02-06-2014, 01:49 PM
Wonder if this has anything to do with Deng's comments.

EDIT: I mean the stuff he said was going on, not because of Deng.

alec613
02-06-2014, 01:50 PM
I disagree, Grant should've been the first to go. Grant is the one responsible for drafting Bennett and re-hiring Brown back.

Wasn't Gilbert the driving force ?

Meticode
02-06-2014, 01:51 PM
Wonder if this has anything to do with Deng's comments.
It has to do with everything. If Brown doesn't start winning now, he's gone by the end of the season if they give him that long.

I suspect not much will change in the locker-room until this happens

Meticode
02-06-2014, 01:52 PM
Wasn't Gilbert the driving force ?
I'm sure Gilbert had something to do with it, but Grant is on the decision making as well. It really doesn't matter because we can't fire the owner anyway.

NattyPButter
02-06-2014, 01:53 PM
I disagree, Grant should've been the first to go. Grant is the one responsible for drafting Bennett and re-hiring Brown back. The Blunders of 2013-2014 season he is directly responsible for.

The moment he drafted TT was the moment he should had got fired. The team needed a SF and a center more then a PF.

alec613
02-06-2014, 01:54 PM
Trade deadline is looming. You think Cavs will stand pat, start from scratch with a firesale, or make trades to make them better?

Don't really know what direction the Cavs organization is going to at the moment

NattyPButter
02-06-2014, 01:56 PM
It has to do with everything. If Brown doesn't start winning now, he's gone by the end of the season if they give him that long.

I suspect not much will change in the locker-room until this happens

im sure it had more to do with the trade deadline coming up and didn't want him trading away a lot to save his job. Gilbert sure doesn't want to see Dion traded since it seems he so in love with the guy. I would had done the same thing.

TwentyThree
02-06-2014, 01:58 PM
im sure it had more to do with the trade deadline coming up and didn't want him trading away a lot to save his job. Gilbert sure doesn't want to see Dion traded since it seems he so in love with the guy. I would had done the same thing.
Yeah, I agree. The Cavs have a lot of assets to trade. You wouldn't want a GM in panic mode at the trade deadline. It could turn this team into an even bigger disaster.

boozehound
02-06-2014, 02:04 PM
I honestly think they're going to wait to make a decision on Brown until after the end of the season to see if he can get control of this team. This was a good decision to let Chris Grant go. I don't know how much say Dan Gilbert had in decisions, but the two biggest blunders to me this season I felt was re-hiring Mike Brown and drafting Anthony Bennett (even before he put on a Cavs uniform).

Mike Brown is the next on the chopping block.
probably not. This is how it goes, you fire one of them as the scapegoat and the other one is basically safe for another season. Mike Brown will start next season IMO

KyleKong
02-06-2014, 02:07 PM
Dan Gilbert has begun the "Blow everything the **** up" phase.

alec613
02-06-2014, 02:10 PM
Tanking is the biggest reason why the Cavs are like this.
They've been tanking for 3-4 years that players started to approach the game the wrong way. It's like their losing culture is part with them.

Firing Brown and hiring a respectable coach with a respectable coaching staff who wouldn't put up with this BS would be a good start ( You know something is wrong when Bynum sleeps with an assistant coach's wife) If Cavs let their tank commander, Mike Brown, run the team for remaining games this season for tanking purposes, then I guess it's safe to assume that the organization has completely abandoned this season

DeuceWallaces
02-06-2014, 02:30 PM
probably not. This is how it goes, you fire one of them as the scapegoat and the other one is basically safe for another season. Mike Brown will start next season IMO

Yeah, the Cavs are not in the position financially or talent wise to toss out a coach in the first year of a guaranteed 5 year deal.

secund2nun
02-06-2014, 02:31 PM
Tanking is the biggest reason why the Cavs are like this.
They've been tanking for 3-4 years that players started to approach the game the wrong way. It's like their losing culture is part with them.

Firing Brown and hiring a respectable coach with a respectable coaching staff who wouldn't put up with this BS would be a good start ( You know something is wrong when Bynum sleeps with an assistant coach's wife) If Cavs let their tank commander, Mike Brown, run the team for remaining games this season for tanking purposes, then I guess it's safe to assume that the organization has completely abandoned this season

The talent on the roster is simply overrated. Bad draft selecting is the reason of it. Without the draft Cleveland can't do anything. It's not like a free agent (other than maybe Lebron) will sign there.

secund2nun
02-06-2014, 02:32 PM
Now they need to fire Brown, trade Irving, Deng etc.

alec613
02-06-2014, 02:41 PM
The talent on the roster is simply overrated. Bad draft selecting is the reason of it. Without the draft Cleveland can't do anything. It's not like a free agent (other than maybe Lebron) will sign there.

True, but it's how players approach the game is the biggest problem here.
They partied in New York before the game, and players have these I-don't-care-anymore look when they're on the bench, or when they're playing.

It can be changed under a new coach they'll respect. Something has to change in the locker room. If they get a top lottery pick while still having a losing mentality, then it will only hinder the development of that player

ZenMaster
02-06-2014, 02:50 PM
So the team will be good now?

DukeDelonte13
02-06-2014, 02:50 PM
Yeah, the Cavs are not in the position financially or talent wise to toss out a coach in the first year of a guaranteed 5 year deal.

Why wouldn't the cavs be in the position? Gilbert has shown he is more than willing to spend millions to better the franchise.

Very shocked by this news.

CAVS MUST STAND PAT AT DEADLINE.

Chris Grant did do a good job of accumulating a lot of assets and you want the next GM to come in with those same assets.

alec613
02-06-2014, 03:04 PM
Cavs will most likely stand pat and abandon the season, hoping for a high draft pick, which they'll probably get because they always seem to get one

RoundMoundOfReb
02-06-2014, 03:06 PM
lol was looking at the cavs roster on bball ref:

Disgruntled Cavs Fan sponsor(s) this page.

How bad can an NBA organization be to lose just ONE GUY and then implode? Gilbert, I beseech you: sell the team.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CLE/2014.html

DukeDelonte13
02-06-2014, 03:06 PM
Cavs will most likely stand pat and abandon the season, hoping for a high draft pick, which they'll probably get because they always seem to get one

I don't wanna see no BS panic moves where Waiters/Bennett/Thompson gets dumped.. senseless to do so at this point in the season. They need to wait until the off season until everything gets settles mgmt wise before they do anything drastic.

DukeDelonte13
02-06-2014, 03:07 PM
it's official. David Griffin named interim GM.

Un-f*cking-real...

DukeDelonte13
02-06-2014, 03:09 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bf0CxhBCMAAgP29.png

RoundMoundOfReb
02-06-2014, 03:09 PM

Un-f*cking-real...
Who's that and why are you upset about him being the GM?

alec613
02-06-2014, 03:10 PM

Un-f*cking-real...

Dunno the guy, and it's only temporary anyway.

How bout firing Mike Brown? It's not like adding a coaching staff that players would respect would produce wins from the get go (if you care about the tank watch) , but it would an early first step in the right direction

FireDavidKahn
02-06-2014, 03:14 PM
Meh, Gilbert is the real problem much like Taylor is the real problem to the Wolves. Nothing is going to get much better while he is the owner.

DukeDelonte13
02-06-2014, 03:15 PM
Who's that and why are you upset about him being the GM?

not upset just shocked at the situation.

DukeDelonte13
02-06-2014, 03:18 PM
Meh, Gilbert is the real problem much like Taylor is the real problem to the Wolves. Nothing is going to get much better while he is the owner.

You are an idiot. Gilbert has done nothing but spend money willingly.

He paid for Baron Davis' contract which led to Kyrie

He took the risk with Bynum which allowed them to get Deng, Paid for Bynum two have doctors with him at every training session, etc.

The cavs facilities are some of the most lavish in the league

The cavs med. staff is totally revamped, hooked up with cle. clinic, world class care.

Continuously upgrading the arena, etc.

He does what a good owner should do.. spend money.

coin24
02-06-2014, 03:21 PM

He took the risk with Bynum which allowed them to get Deng, Paid for Bynum two have doctors with him at every training session, etc.

The cavs med. staff is totally revamped, hooked up with cle. clinic, world class care.

Time to hire a real GM and coach then if they seriously want to compete in the future..

Black and White
02-06-2014, 03:25 PM
Shits getting real, Brown to get fired next and a trade or two about to be made.

AnaheimLakers24
02-06-2014, 03:27 PM
dan gilbert sould fire himself and his retarded kid

DukeDelonte13
02-06-2014, 03:27 PM
Time to hire a real GM and coach then if they seriously want to compete in the future..

Grant was an assistant GM under Ferry. Ferry and MB were very close.
Ferry quit when MB was fired. Grant got promoted, he actually played ball and lived with MB at San Diego State.

Griffin was the VP of bball operations and he was with the Suns FO during the Nash/Amare era I think.

MB is as good as gone. He's a lame duck coach. If the new GM wants him gone he'll be gone, and Gilbert will eat his mistake the same way Haslem ate his with Chudzinski.

DukeDelonte13
02-06-2014, 03:30 PM
dan gilbert sould fire himself and his retarded kid

why don't people grasp the difference between GM and Owner?

Fire Colangelo
02-06-2014, 03:44 PM
This organization is a mess from top to bottom right now. Their star looks unmotivated to do anything, young players aren't progressing as much as they should, terrible coach signing, etc.

Good move by Gilbert, fire the GM, fire Mike Brown, set a new atmosphere in the locker room.

salwan
02-06-2014, 04:12 PM
I would send Waiters to the celtics ASAP if I was the new cavs GM :pimp:

Nick Young
02-06-2014, 04:12 PM
garbagecan organization gonna be garbage:banana:

Black and White
02-06-2014, 04:13 PM
I would send Waiters to the celtics ASAP if I was the new cavs GM :pimp:

Agreed, swap for Bradley :cheers:

Meticode
02-06-2014, 04:25 PM
How bad can an NBA organization be to lose just ONE GUY and then implode? Gilbert, I beseech you: sell the team.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CLE/2014.html
They didn't lose one guy after LeBron left, they lost multiple players. This post is so false. They lost multiple players when he left, the second best player Mo Williams was traded in the middle of the season, and they brought in a whole new coach that took away from Brown's defensive mindset. Why wouldn't they implode?

DukeDelonte13
02-06-2014, 04:26 PM
They didn't lose one guy after LeBron left, they lost multiple players. This post is so false. They lost multiple players when he left, the second best player Mo Williams was traded in the middle of the season, and they brought in a whole new coach that took away from Brown's defensive mindset. Why wouldn't they implode?

to further your point the primary objective of the team was completely different.

KyrieTheFuture
02-06-2014, 04:28 PM
Get rid of Brown and hire Stan Van Gundy, at least he doesn't take shit. I'd prefer Sloan or PJ (duh) but they aren't leaving retirement for our team. Nate McMillan maybe, **** even give some new promising assistant a chance, just get MB the hell out of the NBA.

Meticode
02-06-2014, 04:31 PM
Get rid of Brown and hire Stan Van Gundy, at least he doesn't take shit. I'd prefer Sloan or PJ (duh) but they aren't leaving retirement for our team. Nate McMillan maybe, **** even give some new promising assistant a chance, just get MB the hell out of the NBA.
Easier said than done. Grant needed to leave first becuase the problems were here before Brown ever came back.

During Grant's tenor here the Cavaliers were 80-199. That .287 winning percentage is the lowest in the NBA during that time.

salwan
02-06-2014, 04:34 PM
Agreed, swap for Bradley :cheers:

Cavs add much needed defense and a great team guy in avery, cetics get a scorer next to rondo :cheers:

Uncle Drew
02-06-2014, 04:35 PM
Lionel Hollins.

Black and White
02-06-2014, 04:35 PM
Cavs add much needed defense and a great team guy in avery, cetics get a scorer next to rondo :cheers:

And if they don't want Tristan we will take him as well :cheers:

secund2nun
02-06-2014, 04:37 PM
Gilbert needs to stop hiring losers. Hire a winner with a plan.

Danny Ferry ruined the Cavs, so what does Gilbert do? He hires Ferry's assistant Grant.

Mike Brown gets exposed as only looking good because of Lebron, so what does Gilbert do? Rehires him.

Stop with these stupid decisions.

DukeDelonte13
02-06-2014, 05:10 PM
Lionel Hollins.

i'd rather take a risk on hollins than this george karl BS.

WTF has george karl done in the last 15 years besides getting knocked out in the first round?

MP.Trey
02-06-2014, 05:11 PM
:banana:

coin24
02-06-2014, 05:14 PM
i'd rather take a risk on hollins than this george karl BS.

WTF has george karl done in the last 15 years besides getting knocked out in the first round?

Lionel Hollins, SVG, Nate McMillan are all good options IMO for this team.

Uncle Drew
02-06-2014, 05:27 PM
Gilbert on Brown's job: We’re going to see Mike Brown succeed this year. I think he will be able to do good things in the next 30 games.

So basically, MB finishes the season and then he's gone.

DukeDelonte13
02-06-2014, 05:27 PM
Lionel Hollins, SVG, Nate McMillan are all good options IMO for this team.

I loved that memphis team that Hollins coached but i have serious reservations about a guy who gets fired like that out of the blue and wasn't picked up in a year with so many coaching vacancies. Maybe i'm just paranoid and reading too much into it.

DukeDelonte13
02-06-2014, 05:29 PM
So basically, MB finishes the season and then he's gone.

unless the team starts showing signs of life? I don't know. Gilbert def. wants a defense-first culture, the guys just need to start buying the f*ck in and listening to their coach.

CavaliersFTW
02-06-2014, 05:36 PM
Inb4 Chris Grant gets picked up by some other franchise and turns them into a title contender.

Not sticking up for Grant here at all I'm glad he was fired, but Cleveland just has rotten luck like that with sports, and I wouldn't be surprised if it happens :lol

coin24
02-06-2014, 05:37 PM
I loved that memphis team that Hollins coached but i have serious reservations about a guy who gets fired like that out of the blue and wasn't picked up in a year with so many coaching vacancies. Maybe i'm just paranoid and reading too much into it.

Memphis = cheap owner
Hollins is a great coach.

So brown is leading the tank for the next 30 games?:lol
No players are obviously listening to him, and why would they? He's a moron.

DukeDelonte13
02-06-2014, 05:43 PM
Inb4 Chris Grant gets picked up by some other franchise and turns them into a title contender.

Not sticking up for Grant here at all I'm glad he was fired, but Cleveland just has rotten luck like that with sports, and I wouldn't be surprised if it happens :lol

i think Grant was really a "B" GM, he certainly wasn't terrible. Signing Jack and Clark were not good moves, but for the most part he's been very prudent and shrewd.

Meticode
02-06-2014, 05:47 PM
:roll:

Dan Gilbert said he likes the team as constructed, says "We have what we need." Then he fired the guy who built the team.

https://twitter.com/JasonLloydABJ/status/431542025960189952

RedBlackAttack
02-06-2014, 05:50 PM
Someone had to fall after the last couple weeks. Mike Brown is now on the clock. My guess is this is just a precursor to his being fired unless things change drastically. They'll bring in a new GM and he'll pick his head coach.

Meticode
02-06-2014, 05:52 PM
Someone had to fall after the last couple weeks. Mike Brown is now on the clock. My guess is this is just a precursor to his being fired unless things change drastically. They'll bring in a new GM and he'll pick his head coach.
This is how I felt, I think the Cavs will give him no more than by the end of the season, if things don't change he's gone by then or sooner. If the continue what they're doing now, I don't care if there's 4 years left, I don't think they keep him since they obviously made roster improvements over last season and they're on pace for petty much a sub 30 win season again.

RedBlackAttack
02-06-2014, 05:58 PM
This is how I felt, I think the Cavs will give him no more than by the end of the season, if things don't change he's gone by then or sooner. If the continue what they're doing now, I don't care if there's 4 years left, I don't think they keep him since they obviously made roster improvements over last season and they're on pace for petty much a sub 30 win season again.
They can't continue playing like this if Brown has any intention of keeping his job. At their current rate, I don't even think he can make it until the end of the season. It is just a complete embarrassment right now. The first couple months of the season were simply a disappointment, which I think the organization may have tolerated for more than one season.

It is so far past that right now, they've had to speed things up. Hey, the guy who did the breakdown of the firing for ESPN is one of the guys I'd love to see in Cleveland... George Karl. We may or may not be a good team with his as coach, but at least we'd be fun to watch.

I stood up for Brown for a long time, but there's no excuse for how things have deteriorated and multiple people are going to have to fall on their swords. Grant is down. Brown is next.

G-train
02-06-2014, 06:02 PM
Typical short sighted Cleveland Cavalier Dan Gilbert moronic decision.
He should have fired himself.
Nope fire the guy that has filled the team with talent, because the young talent isn't playing well after a few months.

RedBlackAttack
02-06-2014, 06:06 PM
Typical short sighted Cleveland Cavalier Dan Gilbert moronic decision.
He should have fired himself.
Nope fire the guy that has filled the team with talent, because the young talent isn't playing well after a few months.
I don't think you realize how bad it has been. This is the first step to Brown falling. Which is the right step at this point, imo, and I thought Grant did some really nice things in his tenure here. What's going on now is flat-out unacceptable.

Meticode
02-06-2014, 06:08 PM
Cleveland is 80-199 with a 29% win percentage since Chris Grant got the GM position. He needed to go.

noob cake
02-06-2014, 06:14 PM
They need a coach that can develop young players. A coach that can manage the personalities of Irving + Waiters. A coach that can organize some structure and get Irving into a system, to get Waiters away from isoball mentality and to get fat ass Bennett in shape.

DukeDelonte13
02-06-2014, 06:16 PM
They can't continue playing like this if Brown has any intention of keeping his job. At their current rate, I don't even think he can make it until the end of the season. It is just a complete embarrassment right now. The first couple months of the season were simply a disappointment, which I think the organization may have tolerated for more than one season.

It is so far past that right now, they've had to speed things up. Hey, the guy who did the breakdown of the firing for ESPN is one of the guys I'd love to see in Cleveland... George Karl. We may or may not be a good team with his as coach, but at least we'd be fun to watch.

I stood up for Brown for a long time, but there's no excuse for how things have deteriorated and multiple people are going to have to fall on their swords. Grant is down. Brown is next.

yup. no way is he still going to be here.

I really like Mike Brown. I think he is a good coach. However I think he did lose many of the players in the lockerroom and that's on him.

Food for thought. Cavs are still super young. This team behaves the way it did last season under Byron. Same disfunction, same lackadaisical attitude, just a complete lack of giving a sh*t. The offense is more or less the same.

Remember the very very beginning of the season? Even the preseason? The team was buying in and giving effort. It just completely eroded away. Tristan Thompson is not the same player he was at the beginning of the season and its concerning. He's playing like he's depressed or something. Deng plays like he's depressed too, and even Andy doesn't seem to be playing with the same zeal as he normally does. I think there is a deep seeded lockerroom issue with one or more players... Kyrie just continues his thing... playing D and distributing when he feels like. This team has issues that go beyond coaching.

I disagree with you on George Karl and i'll tell you why. I think he's too old and his health is concerning.('d rather have a coach who has something to prove) Further, I think his coaching philosophies aren't conducive to success in the playoffs.

I just don't want this team to become the Browns 2.0.

yeaaaman
02-06-2014, 06:25 PM
I'm sure Gilbert had something to do with it, but Grant is on the decision making as well. It really doesn't matter because we can't fire the owner anyway.

I thought I heard Gilbert was the driving force, and apparently him and Brown are buddies (as per George Karl). I'm not sure why Grant would have been fired first if the coach has no control over the team, and is an enabler for the rumored dysfunction within the team, shows an inability to be creative and find new ways and approaches to win the game, be a motivator etc. There is no way you can say that talent wasn't there.

Before the season people were chiming that the Cavs could get homecourt. Now they're playing shit and it's the GM's fault? Drafting Bennett had almost no impact anyways what rookie would have made this situation any different than it currently is?

I put this on the players and the coach.

Edit: This whole Luol Deng stuff also, the guy was brought in to really push them and someone who would be good for Kyrie Irving and the other players to see the preparation and professionalism that he approaches the game with, and he's apparently baffled by the dysfunction . All signs point to a big mess. Fortunately they can still turn it around. Will they is another question.

RedBlackAttack
02-06-2014, 06:32 PM
yup. no way is he still going to be here.

I really like Mike Brown. I think he is a good coach. However I think he did lose many of the players in the lockerroom and that's on him.

Food for thought. Cavs are still super young. This team behaves the way it did last season under Byron. Same disfunction, same lackadaisical attitude, just a complete lack of giving a sh*t. The offense is more or less the same.

Remember the very very beginning of the season? Even the preseason? The team was buying in and giving effort. It just completely eroded away. Tristan Thompson is not the same player he was at the beginning of the season and its concerning. He's playing like he's depressed or something. Deng plays like he's depressed too, and even Andy doesn't seem to be playing with the same zeal as he normally does. I think there is a deep seeded lockerroom issue with one or more players... Kyrie just continues his thing... playing D and distributing when he feels like. This team has issues that go beyond coaching.
Yes, maybe the most concerning part of this season has been TT. He looked like he had taken a pretty big step in the right direction during the preseason and the first month or so of the season. Now, he's back to the inconsistent player from his first year.

And, this is a guy who I always believed would, at the very least, bring energy and a sense of urgency to the floor and the locker room. He's not doing either right now and the bigger question, is it him or the team? Probably a combination.

It is hard for me to believe that Kyrie doesn't care what is happening right now. You don't become as skilled a player as he is without devoting a lot of time to crafting it. I don't care how much natural talent you have, he's put in his 10,000 hours. His demeanor on the floor is not good, but that may all be a part of the dysfunction, the same way TT is out of it. Kyrie is not the same player right now he was last year.

There is something bigger going on and we're not close enough to the situation to truly have a grasp on it. Is it locker room chemistry? On court chemistry? Coaching chemistry? All of the above?

I mean, the fact that we took arguably the weakest single position in the entire NBA and filled it with an All-Star SF and we're actually playing worse... I don't know what to make of that. It seems like Brown may have lost this team, which is a pretty amazing accomplishment 45 games into the season. It's not just a black eye for him, but every guy on this roster. That should never happen, let alone this soon.

I disagree with you on George Karl and i'll tell you why. I think he's too old and his health is concerning.('d rather have a coach who has something to prove) Further, I think his coaching philosophies aren't conducive to success in the playoffs.

I just don't want this team to become the Browns 2.0.

Obviously, my interest in Karl goes only as far as his health. If he's not capable of doing what he used to do, it isn't even worth exploring. I'm assuming he's got things under control.

As for him not being conducive to succeeding in the playoffs, remember... Karl has been to the Finals. Yeah, it has been a while, but he also hasn't exactly had the most talented teams in the league either. The last time he coached a team with the personnel needed to make a run at a title, he went to the Finals.

He might not be my first choice, but he's on the short list. Hell man... at this point I'll just take a team that looks like they're worthy of a playoff spot. We can deal with what comes after that when we get there. This team is a long way off of having that conversation.

RedBlackAttack
02-06-2014, 06:33 PM
I thought I heard Gilbert was the driving force, and apparently him and Brown are buddies (as per George Karl).
Karl was wrong on that. It's actually the exact opposite. Grant and Brown went to college together. They've been buddies for a long, long time.

jbryan1984
02-06-2014, 06:35 PM
I think Grant hired Brown as a favor to a friend. Byron was a great coach but Grant could sell Brown to Gilbert based on Scotts poor defensive system. It has been documented that Brown and Grant were long time friends.

FireDavidKahn
02-06-2014, 06:56 PM

:oldlol: So has Glen Taylor. Remember the contract he gave KG that almost single handedly caused a lockout? He can spend all the money in the world, it's how he does it and who he hires that's the problem.

RedBlackAttack
02-06-2014, 07:16 PM
:oldlol: So has Glen Taylor. Remember the contract he gave KG that almost single handedly caused a lockout? He can spend all the money in the world, it's how he does it and who he hires that's the problem.
You can blame Gilbert for hiring the wrong GM if you want, though Grant certainly had his highlights on the job. But, again, if you are a GM who has an owner that is willing to spend whatever it takes and stays out of your way, there's no reason you shouldn't be able to build something winning.

Gilbert is the kind of owner that every GM in the NBA should want.

D-Rose
02-06-2014, 07:37 PM
I feel like Dion Waiters is next. Major culture change needed...if MB didn't have this long of a contract, he'd have been canned today.

RedBlackAttack
02-06-2014, 07:39 PM
I feel like Dion Waiters is next. Major culture change needed...if MB didn't have this long of a contract, he'd have been canned today.
My feeling is that they probably want to bring in a new GM and allow him to pick his coach.

or...

...if Gilbert has his eyes on a high profile name, he can now offer the GM and coach package. That means he can either give all that power to one guy or allow a big name coach to choose his own GM.

Either way, it makes sense to do Grant before Brown.

G-train
02-06-2014, 07:59 PM
Cleveland is 80-199 with a 29% win percentage since Chris Grant got the GM position. He needed to go.

They are a rebuilding team!
Gilbert's lack of patience is the biggest problem here.

longtime lurker
02-06-2014, 08:25 PM
Things were looking so promising for the Cavs a couple years ago. You can excuse the TT pick and 3 other teams passed up on Drummond, but the Bennett pick is a fvcking head scratcher. The hiring Mike Brown and signing King Pin Bynum was the final nail in the coffin.

gts
02-06-2014, 08:44 PM
Things were looking so promising for the Cavs a couple years ago. You can excuse the TT pick and 3 other teams passed up on Drummond, but the Bennett pick is a fvcking head scratcher. The hiring Mike Brown and signing King Pin Bynum was the final nail in the coffin.

this is the one that had me scratching my head all summer..

Brown fine give him a shot
Bynum OK we'll see what happens but both? these two did nothing but snipe at each other and you could see Bynum had zero respect for Mike Brown and Brown had little use of Bynum and his antics..

Draft choices flame out, no GM is exempt from making a bad choice...

But that Brown Bynum reunion.... That's reason enough to be let go

RedBlackAttack
02-06-2014, 08:46 PM
I don't really see the Bynum signing as a black mark. It didn't work and we essentially traded him for a rental of Deng. It's not like anything was lost, unless you blame Bynum for some of the locker room issues (assuming they exist). But, there is no reports of that being the case. Hell, the team was playing better than it is right now back when Bynum was on it.

Bennett has actually been playing better lately. That draft has been so horrendous, that by the end of the season that pick may not look as bad as it once did. I mean, it's not like anyone else is bowling the world over.

The Brown selection after basically no coaching search at all is looking like the major source of this decision. It has been so bad, that's worthy enough of costing someone their job. I don't think people that aren't watching this team on a regular basis understand just how horrible it has gotten. These guys are playing so poorly that big firings had to happen. There's really nothing else you can do.

Leftimage
02-06-2014, 08:53 PM
Personally, I think Kyrie is the biggest issue on that team tbh. Yes getting rid of Brown could have helped, but Kyrie being a natural, team-oriented leader might have prevented Brown from ''losing'' his players in the first place.

Not hating on Kyrie, it's just having that sort of attitude AND being the best player on a young team is just cancer-causing material....

as the best player on a team of respected vets? Could work.

as the second-best player on a young team could also work.

But you can tell by his body language Irving just doesn't really give a shit about people less proven, less talented than him. That's actually a huge flaw but CAN be manageable in the right situation. He needs to play with someone he admires.

longtime lurker
02-06-2014, 09:06 PM
this is the one that had me scratching my head all summer..

Brown fine give him a shot
Bynum OK we'll see what happens but both? these two did nothing but snipe at each other and you could see Bynum had zero respect for Mike Brown and Brown had little use of Bynum and his antics..

Draft choices flame out, no GM is exempt from making a bad choice...

But that Brown Bynum reunion.... That's reason enough to be let go

Yeah I knew that Brown was a horrible choice from the get go. The guy is suited to being an assistant coach.

I don't really see the Bynum signing as a black mark. It didn't work and we essentially traded him for a rental of Deng. It's not like anything was lost, unless you blame Bynum for some of the locker room issues (assuming they exist). But, there is no reports of that being the case. Hell, the team was playing better than it is right now back when Bynum was on it.

Bennett has actually been playing better lately. That draft has been so horrendous, that by the end of the season that pick may not look as bad as it once did. I mean, it's not like anyone else is bowling the world over.

The Brown selection after basically no coaching search at all is looking like the major source of this decision. It has been so bad, that's worthy enough of costing someone their job. I don't think people that aren't watching this team on a regular basis understand just how horrible it has gotten. These guys are playing so poorly that big firings had to happen. There's really nothing else you can do.

Sorry to break it to you, but Bennett is a horrible pick. They should have picked Oladipo or traded the pick if they weren't confident in the number 1 pick.

jzek
02-06-2014, 09:11 PM
Should hire Bill Simmons.

Some team hired the PER guy who used to write for ESPN so why not Simmons? :confusedshrug:

RedBlackAttack
02-06-2014, 09:25 PM
Sorry to break it to you, but Bennett is a horrible pick. They should have picked Oladipo or traded the pick if they weren't confident in the number 1 pick.
Oladipo was never even in the conversation and it would have been an awful pick. Dipo has been OK in Orlando. Certainly not great. In any other draft class, his season would get very little notice. Only in this barren wasteland of a draft is he the guy Monday morning QBs obsess over.

Second, he would make zero sense on this team, which already has two young 6-3/6-4 combo guards and a veteran one (Jack) for good measure. Oladipo would be Dion Waiters with slightly less offense and slightly better defense. He's not a good shooter and -- at least on the offensive side -- would bring nothing to this team to get it out of its current rut.

Last, no one wanted this first pick last year... and for good reason. It's easy to say "trade it." Much more difficult to make it happen.

InspiredLebowski
02-06-2014, 09:26 PM
So're there idiots talking about how Gilbert should hire Bill Simmons yet?

RedBlackAttack
02-06-2014, 09:29 PM
So're there idiots talking about how Gilbert should hire Bill Simmons yet?
That clown show has begun, apparently. :oldlol:

Simmons was obsessed with Thomas Robinson in the 2012 draft. Said the Cavs should take him even though we already had Thompson. Fortunately for him, his job isn't dependent upon talent evaluation.

CelticBaller
02-06-2014, 09:32 PM
Good, now get your shit together Cleveland

JohnFreeman
02-06-2014, 09:33 PM
He should have gone when they drafter Tristan..weirdest pick

InspiredLebowski
02-06-2014, 09:35 PM
That clown show has begun, apparently. :oldlol:

Simmons was obsessed with Thomas Robinson in the 2012 draft. Said the Cavs should take him even though we already had Thompson. Fortunately for him, his job isn't dependent upon talent evaluation.Simmons is a solid writer and really good podcaster. And I'm not exactly a fan of the whole appeal to authority deal, but whenever someone starts taking his opinion like it really means anything I just show them this gif;

http://i.imgur.com/qCKta26.gif

JtotheIzzo
02-06-2014, 09:35 PM
Simmons is a smarmy writer/basketball historian, he is the internet age Peter Vesey, but in no way shape or form a GM.

Firmly believe you have to have played at least college to hold the GM job, you need to understand the nuance to pick the right guys.

This firing was a cop out, and Mike Brown should have been the one to go, but when the Bennett and Bynum fiascos Grant was a sitting duck.

Bennett will still end up being a good player, and Chris Grant might not get another job, but this season is really on Mike Brown, he can't manage 'personalities' (Bynum, Waiters), he's not interested in developing talent, he is just bad at his job.

Kobe had it right.

RedBlackAttack
02-06-2014, 09:36 PM
Just to follow up on Bill Simmons, he was also on record as saying the Cavs should go Derrick Williams / Brandon Knight instead of Kyrie Irving / whoever.

So, just so we're clear, his first three picks as Cavs GM would have been Derrick Williams, Brandon Knight and Thomas Robinson.

Awesome.

RedBlackAttack
02-06-2014, 09:39 PM
Simmons is a solid writer and really good podcaster. And I'm not exactly a fan of the whole appeal to authority deal, but whenever someone starts taking his opinion like it really means anything I just show them this gif;

:roll:

I used to be a fan of Simmons. He takes himself a little too seriously these days and his brand of humor has worn on me.

Simmons is a smarmy writer/basketball historian, he is the internet age Peter Vesey, but in no way shape or form a GM.

Firmly believe you have to have played at least college to hold the GM job, you need to understand the nuance to pick the right guys.

This firing was a cop out, and Mike Brown should have been the one to go, but when the Bennett and Bynum fiascos Grant was a sitting duck.

Bennett will still end up being a good player, and Chris Grant might not get another job, but this season is really on Mike Brown, he can't manage 'personalities' (Bynum, Waiters), he's not interested in developing talent, he is just bad at his job.

Kobe had it right.

Doesn't it make more sense to fire a GM before the coach? So, your new GM can pick the coach he wants? Or, at least be involved in the discussion?

Or, you can even offer both the GM and coach positions to a big name prospect?

To me, if they're going to fire Brown, this is the way to do it. Grant was a dead man walking anyways. This firing comes now because they don't want him working the trade deadline knowing that he had to do whatever it took to save his job. The priority should always be the longterm future of the franchise and it was obvious Grant was on the clock... obvious to him and to everybody else.

CavaliersFTW
02-06-2014, 09:49 PM
Simmons is a solid writer and really good podcaster. And I'm not exactly a fan of the whole appeal to authority deal, but whenever someone starts taking his opinion like it really means anything I just show them this gif;

this is the same guy who talks shit about Wilt Chamberlain :oldlol:

Meticode
02-06-2014, 11:24 PM
They are a rebuilding team!
Gilbert's lack of patience is the biggest problem here.
Correct they are rebuilding, but you expect improvement over the course of 3+ seasons since LeBron has left, and there is not improvement. This might possibly go down as the 4th season in a row with less than 30 wins.

Meticode
02-06-2014, 11:27 PM
I thought I heard Gilbert was the driving force, and apparently him and Brown are buddies (as per George Karl). I'm not sure why Grant would have been fired first if the coach has no control over the team, and is an enabler for the rumored dysfunction within the team, shows an inability to be creative and find new ways and approaches to win the game, be a motivator etc. There is no way you can say that talent wasn't there.

Before the season people were chiming that the Cavs could get homecourt. Now they're playing shit and it's the GM's fault? Drafting Bennett had almost no impact anyways what rookie would have made this situation any different than it currently is?

I put this on the players and the coach.

Edit: This whole Luol Deng stuff also, the guy was brought in to really push them and someone who would be good for Kyrie Irving and the other players to see the preparation and professionalism that he approaches the game with, and he's apparently baffled by the dysfunction . All signs point to a big mess. Fortunately they can still turn it around. Will they is another question.
From my understanding ultimately it was Grant's decision. Take with it what you may, but ESPN states Grant was the driving force. And that's the way I remember it when Grant was interviewed about re-hiring Brown. Grant has been there since Brown, he was the assistant to Danny Ferry at the time and was in support for bringing Brown back...

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10413479/chris-grant-fired-cleveland-cavaliers-general-manager

Grant also was a driving force in re-hiring coach Mike Brown last year, and the players have not responded positively to the change. Recently their lack of effort in games has brought Brown under fire, as well. The Cavs lost to an injury-depleted Los Angeles Lakers team on Wednesday that finished the game with only four eligible players.

JimmyMcAdocious
02-06-2014, 11:30 PM

What's the red k for? I don't get it.

InspiredLebowski
Of course Brown was Grant's pick, they go way back. They played ball together in college, think they were even roommates.

InspiredLebowski
What's the red k for?They were playing some version of HORSE

Meticode
02-06-2014, 11:35 PM
Told you so...

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=296790

El Gato Negro
02-07-2014, 01:29 AM
Rejoice cavs fans! grant did a hell of a job loading the cavs up with cap space and picks but he needed to go. brown will lead the tank this year and be gone next, things are finally looking up again. reading threw this thread confirms my theory that half the people that post on this site don't actually watch basketball and are just here to troll. which is kind of funny but makes it impossible to take this site seriously, but that's just how ish is lol:confusedshrug:

BrownEye007
02-07-2014, 01:46 AM
As far as I'm concerned the only two big mistakes Grant has made was hiring Brown and Signing Jack. If Nerlens Noel turns out good add one more to that list. The only rookie that might be helping the Cavs more than AB right now is Steven Adams... Or Oladipo had Jack not been signed. My main point is that Grant wasn't a bad GM at all. I wish we had gotten rid of Brown and kept Grant.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
02-07-2014, 01:49 AM
Rejoice cavs fans! grant did a hell of a job loading the cavs up with cap space and picks but he needed to go. brown will lead the tank this year and be gone next, things are finally looking up again. reading threw this thread confirms my theory that half the people that post on this site don't actually watch basketball and are just here to troll. which is kind of funny but makes it impossible to take this site seriously, but that's just how ish is lol:confusedshrug:

so wait u r ok with lottery this year....and with Brown being their nest year, they will be again be lotto team....

wow u cavs fans man...

El Gato Negro
02-07-2014, 02:17 AM
so wait u r ok with lottery this year....and with Brown being their nest year, they will be again be lotto team....

wow u cavs fans man...
You are the perfect example of a poster that has no clue. if you actually read what i wrote, i said brown would be gone next year so :facepalm. this draft sucked period the entire draft, Bennett has been looking better lately. the only person that the cavs maybe should have took was noel but since he hasn't played yet we don't know. typical lakers fan making comments about a team you watch play twice a year. that makes you an expert right? :roll:

I<3NBA
02-07-2014, 04:08 AM
just for taking Anthony Bennet, Grant should be fired. for re-hiring Brown and giving Brown a 5 year contract, he should be castrated and his balls fed to Brown. then Brown should be put on a stake and roasted.

Yankstar
02-07-2014, 04:32 AM
Time for GMbe?

http://i.imgur.com/isZNOjM.jpg

:bowdown:

East_Stone_Ya
02-07-2014, 07:16 AM
just for taking Anthony Bennet, Grant should be fired. for re-hiring Brown and giving Brown a 5 year contract, he should be castrated and his balls fed to Brown. then Brown should be put on a stake and roasted.

were you cavs fan before Lebron joined Heat?

DukeDelonte13
02-07-2014, 08:55 AM

right now AB is actually looking pretty good ever since he started getting consistent minutes. Factor in his age and natural skill set and you can see why grant made that pick.

KyrieTheFuture
02-07-2014, 09:38 AM
Grant hired Mike Brown more as a favor than as good decision for the team and that **** right there is unacceptable. You can't make decisions based on friendship like that.

Lebron23
02-07-2014, 10:00 AM
It's about damn time.

tontoz
02-07-2014, 11:24 AM
Grant hired Mike Brown more as a favor than as good decision for the team and that **** right there is unacceptable. You can't make decisions based on friendship like that.

I was wondering why they hired that clown again. 5 years? :facepalm

RedBlackAttack
02-07-2014, 06:36 PM
right now AB is actually looking pretty good ever since he started getting consistent minutes. Factor in his age and natural skill set and you can see why grant made that pick.

It will take people time to change their opinion on AB. When you start as poorly as he did, perceptions get set and people don't come off of them easily. People need to remember, though, that it isn't just about what Bennett does. It's also about what the rest of the class is doing.

Here is David Thorpe's latest column about Bennett. It's pretty uplifting for Cavs fans...

Don't give up on Anthony Bennett
Originally Published: February 7, 2014
By David Thorpe | ESPN Insider

Still Hope for Anthony Bennett

David Thorpe has been watching the top overall pick and says with that size and those beautiful shooting mechanics, it's far too soon to call him a bust.

"Bust." "Fat." "Tweener." "Not ready." These words have all been used to describe the top pick in the 2013 NBA draft. And with good reason -- he has been all of those things this season.

But those labels are likely only applicable for the short term. Because Bennett stands in a long line of young players who appeared to be short of the talent that the hype machine bestowed on them but eventually succeeded -- many of whom became All-Stars.

Remember when Dirk Nowitzki was too soft to be an elite player and his lack of a post game would keep Dallas from ever winning a title? Or when Steph Curry was just a shooter who could never be a point guard in this league? Or when Joakim Noah didn't have a game that could work in the pros?

Even LeBron James, the world's best player and now a two-time champ, had to break through one obstacle after another before truly claiming his throne.

If Bennett does not get distracted by failure and instead uses it as motivation to get better, he too has the potential to one day hear his name announced to the whole world at the beginning of an All-Star Game. While it's true that none of those players I mentioned were No. 1 picks (except LeBron) or as bad as Bennett was to start his rookie season, their breakthroughs are emblematic of what happens when off-court commentary is short-sighted. Young guys almost always get better as they mature as men and basketball players.

The key for Bennett is to have a plan, then start building a foundation one process at a time, with the help of his franchise.

-------------------------------------------------------

Goal No. 1: Get in great shape

Starting right now, Bennett can significantly transform his body by the end of the season. Then he can use that as a springboard to get even slimmer in the offseason. It looks as though he can lose 30-60 pounds in the next six months, and that new body would unlock an incredible set of talents. From Udonis Haslem to Kevin Love and all sorts of players in between, there have been many forwards who looked completely different in college than during most of their NBA careers.

The best part for Bennett is that he has the type of body that should continue to exhibit power and force despite a significant loss of weight. The impact that new physique would have in the rebounding and transition game alone would be huge combined with his soft hands and quick feet. Being able to play faster and in longer stretches of faster play would help him impact the game without any other improved skill.

One of the basic NBA principles in rebounding is "the first man to the ball wins" because of the overall strength of the men playing this sport. It is not the same at any other level of play, though, where the first person to the ball can often be overpowered by a stronger player. So a sleeker (and still strong) version of Bennett can arrive at the ball faster and allow his long arms and soft hands to do the rest.

A Bennett who can race the length of the floor possession after possession would be a handful to defend, as well. Post defense is at its weakest in transition, and Bennett's build -- those massive shoulders especially -- could provide real problems for defenders who don't have help when they deny him the post. Men his size, after getting an interior pass in transition, often can simply turn and score at the rim, or use a fake to draw a foul and sometimes still get the basket.

According to Synergy Sports, Bennett has just 34 points in transition and on offensive putbacks combined. By comparison, Blake Griffin, likely the fastest and most powerful power forward in the game, has 308 points on those plays. Bennett might not ever be as fast and powerful as Griffin, but trying to get to that level will benefit him greatly even if he falls short.

--------------------------------------------

Goal No. 2: Play athletically and energetically

This goes hand in hand with the first goal, naturally, but it needs to be said that just losing weight and increasing endurance is not a guarantee that Bennett will "out-athlete" anyone. Mentally, he has to get there, as well. Players who were once large or heavy (or both) have to learn how to use their new body just like someone who develops a new post move needs to learn how and when to try it. Once Bennett is physically capable of running faster, jumping higher and playing harder for longer stretches, he will still play as if he does not have those new tools on many possessions.

Studying game tape and identifying those missed chances at playmaking, due to inactivity, can help him avoid making those mistakes in the future. He'll also learn that the same balls he could not get to when he was heavier are now in play. Players who go after loose balls (which includes nearly every rebound in a game) time and again will get their fair share, both on the ground or in the air. The goal is to turn 20-80 balls into 50-50 ones, and 50-50 balls into 80-20 ones.

Bennett looks as though he can be an explosive athlete once he transforms his body. Learning to finish explosively takes time, as well, but it pays huge rewards. He has finished less than 43 percent of his shots at the rim this season, a number that can't help but improve immensely if he could utilize a newfound athleticism at the rim.

cont. 1/2

RedBlackAttack
02-07-2014, 06:37 PM
cont. 2/2

Goal No. 3: Embrace the paint first

Watching Bennett shoot the ball during pregame warm-ups reveals one clear truth -- he has a chance to be a special shooter. He has very nice form, uses good arc and has a soft touch overall. Cleveland, as a franchise, has every reason to believe he will be a serious perimeter threat with 3-point range. But that does not mean he should be camped out behind the 3-point line for much of the game. It's one thing for a young guard who lacks driving skills to stick to the 3-point line, it's another thing for a huge power forward to do so.

ROOKIE 50 RANKINGS

We're keeping track of every NBA rook. Here are the latest Top 50 rankings.
1 Michael Carter-Williams
2 Victor Oladipo
3 Tim Hardaway Jr.
4 Trey Burke
5 Mason Plumlee
6 Miroslav Raduljica
7 Nick Calathes
8 Steven Adams
9 Ryan Kelly
10 G. Antetokounmpo

Kevin Love, now considered the best shooter/rebounder in the league (and in NBA history), took all of 19 3s his rookie season. Bennett has already attempted 37 3-pointers and 80 shots total from beyond 15 feet, while taking just 69 shots inside of 15 feet (56 shots at the rim). That is the biggest reason why he has only 44 free throw attempts.

To build himself into the most potent offensive force possible, Bennett would be wise to begin and end most possessions inside. He has the size and skill to be more of a factor there, and with a new body, he'd be even more effective. Demanding space next to the rim and commanding the area around him with his arms and body would put defenses at a disadvantage. Defenders at a disadvantage, it should be noted, frequently foul. It's a mental error -- and a coaching error -- for Bennett to float so often to the outside.

Once Bennett can become a scoring and offensive rebounding machine inside, he'll demand so much attention from defenses that moving to the perimeter will be a natural extension to his game. While only being able to dominate the paint can be rewarding, as we see from Griffin, Bennett's natural shooting talent suggests he can be more like Love. Just being a perimeter threat, though, makes him more like Love's teammate Dante Cunningham, who is a nice role player -- but that isn't what the Cavs want or need from their top pick.

A slimmer, faster, bouncier Bennett who races to the rim possession after possession, pounding defenders with his body and using his long arms and good hands to make interior catches, can be a devastating force. Living in the paint will produce far more offensive rebounds, as well, a part of the game Bennett projects to be dominant in if he does as he should.

---------------------------------------

A New Bennett
Players as talented as Bennett, such as Lamar Odom and Rasheed Wallace, can get lost in their variety of skills. The best NBA players, though, become elite at one thing, then add to their game year by year or month by month. For Bennett, though, it's his day-by-day development that can spell success this season:

Making wise eating choices. Getting extra cardio work in on off days. Studying game film to see where he can make more rim runs or be more explosive. And choosing to make an impact in the paint each night while not even trying to be a perimeter player.

If he focuses on those kinds of small details each day, it will help him become more of a factor in games. He had a small dose of success recently and should see increased playing time as the Cavs likely fall out of the playoff picture and prepare for the draft. Bennett should be encouraged to make progress daily, rather than hope to suddenly wake up as a great player. Forget about any rookie awards at season's end; Bennett needs to work toward just being a solid rotation guy now.

If he can finish the season strong, he'll have something to build on this offseason, when he'll have months to prepare for his first summer league (he missed the one last July because of injury). And that is where the new Bennett can make his debut.

A new Bennett can be a terrific player who impacts the game all over the court, one who can be a top player on a good team. To get there, though, will require a level of dedication and work we have yet to see from Bennett. It is a mistake to wonder whether or not he can get there, but it remains fair to ask if he will get there. Only a Bennett fully invested in outworking people can make that question go away.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10417822/cleveland-cavaliers-anthony-bennett-star-potential

There's also a Thorpe video in the above link. He says that he thinks there's no chance he doesn't at least become a good player in this league. He is predicting a future All-Star.

G-train
02-19-2014, 09:14 PM
....so now that the very young players he drafted are 'suddenly' playing good (which has no direct correlation to his GM skills), should they bring him back?
SMH.
As I have stated over and over, short sighted and poor leadership from the very top. Also as I have stated over and over, be patient with the players he meticulously scouted.

tontoz
02-19-2014, 11:55 PM

Giving Brown a 5 year deal was horrible, but i also think passing on JV and Drummond in back to back years really hurt him as well.

I don't think Bennett should have been the catalyst but it sure looks like he was from an outsiders view.