PDA

View Full Version : Rank these SG's in order

Black and White
02-06-2014, 04:09 PM
You are starting a franchise, rank thes SG's in order of how you would take them, they are all the age that they were when they got drafted, you have to build around them:

Dwyane Wade, James Harden, Kobe Bryant, Tracy McGrady and Ray Allen

NumberSix
02-06-2014, 04:11 PM
1. Wade
2. Kobe
3. Allen
4. McGrady
5. Soften

Black and White
02-06-2014, 04:12 PM
1. Wade
2. Kobe
3. Allen
4. McGrady
5. Soften

Whats with the blue text on the right side? Is it a new trend?

aj1987
02-06-2014, 04:12 PM
You are starting a franchise, rank thes SG's in order of how you would take them, they are all the age that they were when they got drafted, you have to build around them:

Do we take their current careers into consideration?

Smook A.
02-06-2014, 04:13 PM
why put harden there when you know everyone would put him last

Black and White
02-06-2014, 04:14 PM
Do we take their current careers into consideration?

Their careers will pan out the same (in terms of production not rings, and no injuries happen)

NumberSix
02-06-2014, 04:15 PM

Anti-Soften agenda? :confusedshrug:

ABfor3
02-06-2014, 04:16 PM
If were starting a franchise
1.Kobe
2.TMac
3.Wade
4.Ray Allen
5.James Harden

Black and White
02-06-2014, 04:17 PM
1.Kobe
2.TMac
3.Wade
4.Ray Allen
5.James Harden

Yea I am thinking T-Mac will get ranked higher because I said he won't get injured. Production wise he is right up there.

ABfor3
02-06-2014, 04:18 PM
Yea I am thinking T-Mac will get ranked higher because I said he won't get injured. Production wise he is right up there.
Yeah don't get me wrong, Wade had one of the best seasons ever for an SG, and he's a far better defender but I would rather take TMac superior scoring ability, better shot,passing ability and solid defense over wade, not to mention his size

RightToCensor
02-06-2014, 04:19 PM
Wade
Kobe
Harden
T-Mac
Allen

Fire Colangelo
Wade
Tmac
Kobe (depends on if my franchise is a big market which he wanted to play in I would switch him with Allen)
Allen
Harden

aj1987
Their careers will pan out the same (in terms of production not rings, and no injuries happen)
No injuries? Damn! It's really hard to pick between Kobe and Wade. A healthy Wade is just nuts.
1. Kobe - As much as I love Wade, gotta give it up Bean. Dude is a monster.
2. Wade - We've seen what a healthy Wade is capable of. Dude wrecked teams singlehandedly like no other, on both ends of the court.
3. T-Mac - Wade and T-Mac are pretty close, but Wade's defense and efficiency >.
4. Ray Allen - Kids these days might just remember him as a jump shooter, but dude was a monster.
5. Harden - IDK why he's even on the list.

NumberSix
02-06-2014, 04:20 PM
Yeah don't get me wrong, Wade had one of the best seasons ever for an SG, and he's a far better defender but I would rather take TMac superior scoring ability, better shot,passing ability and solid defense over wade

Regular season warrior.

Black and White
Yeah don't get me wrong, Wade had one of the best seasons ever for an SG, and he's a far better defender but I would rather take TMac superior scoring ability, better shot,passing ability and solid defense over wade, not to mention his size

What type of team will you put around T-Mac? like 1 other all-star and then role players.

VelvetHoop
1.Kobe
2.TMac
3.Wade
4.Ray Allen
5.James Harden

Yeah, I go this. To be honest I may even put Tmac at #1 if we're talking no major injuries. He was an absolute animal in Orlando and early in houston. With the right people around him (If I get to build the team around him) I believe his career could have been very different.I also think like he could be a better teammate than kobe (especially young kobe) and you could fit more people around him. It is hard to argue with Kobe's production though

ABfor3
02-06-2014, 04:22 PM
What type of team will you put around T-Mac? like 1 other all-star and then role players.
Give him a healthy big man, that can play defense like what Yao was but he never stayed healthy and he's good, surround him with shooters and a slasher.

Black and White
02-06-2014, 04:22 PM
No injuries? Damn! It's really hard to pick between Kobe and Wade. A healthy Wade is just nuts.
1. Kobe - As much as I love Wade, gotta give it up Bean. Dude is a monster.
2. Wade - We've seen what a healthy Wade is capable of. Dude wrecked teams singlehandedly like no other, on both ends of the court.
3. T-Mac - Wade and T-Mac are pretty close, but Wade's defense and efficiency >.
4. Ray Allen - Kids these days might just remember him as a jump shooter, but dude was a monster.
5. Harden - IDK why he's even on the list.

I hope he doesn't get glossed over because of the player they see today.

Black and White
02-06-2014, 04:23 PM
Give him a healthy big man, that can play defense like what Yao was but he never stayed healthy and he's good, surround him with shooters and a slasher.

Yea shooters would be good, because you wouldn't want much ball handlers on the team, I would prefer that the ball moves through him rather than another player.

pezt
02-06-2014, 04:24 PM

1. Kobe Bean Bryant
2. Dwyane Tyrone Wade, Jr.
3. Tracy Lamar McGrady, Jr.
4. Walter Ray Allen, Jr.
5. James Edward Harden, Jr.

Genaro
02-06-2014, 04:26 PM
You could've put AI in the conversation.
Anyway:
Kobe
Mc
Wade
Allen
Harden

avonbarksdale
02-06-2014, 04:27 PM
kobe
tmac
wade
allen
harden

TheMarkMadsen
02-06-2014, 04:28 PM
Kobe
Wade
Tmac
Allen
Harden

NumberSix
02-06-2014, 04:28 PM
Anyone who has Wade lower than #2 has mental issues.

ABfor3
02-06-2014, 04:29 PM
Says the autistic guy who's writing in a different format than everybody else.

tpols
02-06-2014, 04:31 PM
Drafting Wade or Tmac before Kobe doesnt make sense because of longevity.. Even if you believe peak Wade was 5% better than Kobe his prime was only 4 or 5 years while Kobe's was 8+. Its just more years to have a chance to compete in.. much more opportunity for rings.

Tmac is just ridiculous.. he had like a 3 year prime and was a cripple half his career. I would easily take ray allen over tmac for his ability to be a championship piece for 15+ years.

RightToCensor
02-06-2014, 04:33 PM
My ranking is based on what I've seen from their overall career.

T-Mac's many injuries is a reason he is low.

Allen's struggle of being a dominent #1 option is a reason for him being low too.

NumberSix
Drafting Wade or Tmac before Kobe doesnt make sense because of longevity.. Even if you believe peak Wade was 5% better than Kobe his prime was only 4 or 5 years while Kobe's was 8+. Its just more years to have a chance to compete in.. much more opportunity for rings.

Tmac is just ridiculous.. he had like a 3 year prime and was a cripple half his career. I would easily take ray allen over tmac for his ability to be a championship piece for 15+ years.

OP specified "no injuries"

Smook A.
What's up with the ugly font

Black and White
My ranking is based on what I've seen from their overall career.

T-Mac's many injuries is a reason he is low.

Allen's struggle of being a dominent #1 option is a reason for him being low too.

I said that none of them get injured

RightToCensor
02-06-2014, 04:36 PM
I said that none of them get injured
Who are you?

Black and White
02-06-2014, 04:37 PM
Who are you?

The OP, whose thread you are posting in.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-06-2014, 04:39 PM
In order?

Wade (2006 and 2009 are better runs than Kobe has ever had)
TMac
Kobe
Allen (I'd take Allen over Kobe depending on the team)
Harden

kc16
02-06-2014, 04:39 PM
Kobe
Wade
T-Mac
Allen
Harden

ArbitraryWater
02-06-2014, 04:43 PM
So we need to take T-Mac knowing he will be injured? Or is this plain off of their POTENTIAL/ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN? THEN:

McGrady
Wade
Kobe
Allen
Harden

oarabbus
02-06-2014, 04:43 PM
Unbiased list:

1. Kobe Bryant
2. Dwyane Wade
3. Tracy McGrady
4. Ray Allen
5. James Harden

The only right answer. You can switch Tmac and Wade if you REALLY have a preference for TMac but this is the true answer.

KyrieTheFuture
02-06-2014, 04:44 PM
No injuries is kind of weird but I suppose T-Mac would be number one for me then. Do they have to be the best player on my team? If not I'd take Allen second and partner him with an elite big man.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-06-2014, 04:44 PM
Too many people base these lists on team accomplishments. I always said, if you replaced Kobe with TMac/Allen/Wade, they'd be sitting on about 5 rings too.

edit: No injuries? There is really NOTHING that separates Wade, Tmac and Kobe. Seriously.

moe94
02-06-2014, 04:48 PM
Defense?^

1. Wade
2. Kobe
3. T-Mac
4. Ray
5. Harden

chazzy
02-06-2014, 04:49 PM
I feel like you have to factor in injuries, especially the non freak ones (Tmac's scoliosis, Wade getting his meniscus removed before the NBA)

tpols
02-06-2014, 04:51 PM
Too many people base these lists on team accomplishments. I always said, if you replaced Kobe with TMac/Allen/Wade, they'd be sitting on about 5 rings too.
No they wouldnt because Tmac fell off way too early and so did Wade.

Kobe 08-10 is 14-16 Wade.. years in the league wise. Even if you account for Wade going to college and use age its still 11-13 Wade.

2008 Kobe was easily better than 2011 Wade.. 09-10 Kobe were better than 12-13 Wade by a long shot.

Tmac is literally a joke.. in order for him to have 5 rings LA wouldve had to won the chip every year from 00 to 04 because he and Shaq started to tail off from their true primes after that point.

Ray Allen wouldve been a second fiddle with Shaq every year and wouldve never led a team as the first option or gotten multiple FMVPs. Hes probably the best second option championship piece there is and thats very valuable for a team.

FatComputerNerd
02-06-2014, 05:09 PM
With hindsight and no T-Mac injury the list should be obvious

Kobe
T-Mac
Wade
Allen
Harden

Without hindsight the list could look very different...mainly Kobe being much lower, if even on the list. Nobody had a clue how good he would turn out to be when he entered the league.

moe94
02-06-2014, 05:13 PM
2008 Kobe was easily betterthan 2011 Wade.. 09-10 Kobe were better than 12-13 Wade by a long shot.

:biggums:

Jameerthefear
02-06-2014, 05:34 PM
Kobe stans. They never stop.

red1
02-06-2014, 05:36 PM
ranking by preference:

wade
kobe
tmac
allen
harden

ranking by best player

kobe/wade/tmac
allen

harden

Legends66NBA7
02-06-2014, 05:48 PM
Vince Carter > James Harden

moe94
02-06-2014, 05:52 PM
Vince Carter > James Harden

Vince Carter's peak > Ray's peak

Jlamb47
02-06-2014, 06:22 PM
Kobe
Tmac
Wade
AI
Carter
Allen
Harden

ArbitraryWater
02-06-2014, 06:36 PM
No they wouldnt because Tmac fell off way too early and so did Wade.

Kobe 08-10 is 14-16 Wade.. years in the league wise. Even if you account for Wade going to college and use age its still 11-13 Wade.

2008 Kobe was easily better than 2011 Wade.. 09-10 Kobe were better than 12-13 Wade by a long shot.

Tmac is literally a joke.. in order for him to have 5 rings LA wouldve had to won the chip every year from 00 to 04 because he and Shaq started to tail off from their true primes after that point.

Ray Allen wouldve been a second fiddle with Shaq every year and wouldve never led a team as the first option or gotten multiple FMVPs. Hes probably the best second option championship piece there is and thats very valuable for a team.

:coleman:

bizil
02-06-2014, 07:05 PM

Kobe
T-Mac
Wade
Ray Ray
Harden

Papaya Petee
02-06-2014, 08:05 PM
If Wade was healthy his whole career it would be. Healthy Wade from 2005-2012 was just insane. Prime Ray Allen shits on Flop no defense Harden

1.)Wade
2.)Kobe
3.)T-Mac
4.)Ray Allen

5.) James Harden

However, injuries are injuries, and as much as I hate Kobe he's first

1.)Kobe
2.)Wade
3.)T-Mac
4.)Ray Allen

5.) James Harden

Andrei89
02-06-2014, 08:08 PM
No injuries?

Wade over Kirby anytime.

Solefade
02-06-2014, 08:10 PM
Kobe
Wade
Allen
T-Mac
Harden

Milbuck
02-06-2014, 08:11 PM
He deserves to be last. Glad you're coming back to reality.

Papaya Petee
02-06-2014, 08:15 PM

Wade averaged 25\7\5\2\1 on 50% FG and that was easily his best defensive year during the big 3 era. He was robbed of an All-Defense team by Kobe Bryant who was awful on defense since 2009. He took less shots than LeBron that year.

Kobe averaged 28\6\5\2\0 on 46% FG. It was his last year where he was good defensively. He was actually very good that year defensively.

Wade averaged 27\7\5 on 54% FG in the finals and lost because LeBron choked.
Kobe averaged 26\5\5 on 40% FG in the finals. Granted the Celtics played amazing defense that year.

It was VERY close. Kobe might have a slight edge, but not easily better.

Heavincent
02-06-2014, 08:18 PM
1. Kobe
2. Wade
3. T-Mac
4. Allen

5. Harden

tpols
02-06-2014, 08:37 PM

Wade averaged 25\7\5\2\1 on 50% FG and that was easily his best defensive year during the big 3 era. He was robbed of an All-Defense team by Kobe Bryant who was awful on defense since 2009. He took less shots than LeBron that year.

Kobe averaged 28\6\5\2\0 on 46% FG. It was his last year where he was good defensively. He was actually very good that year defensively.

Wade averaged 27\7\5 on 54% FG in the finals and lost because LeBron choked.
Kobe averaged 26\5\5 on 40% FG in the finals. Granted the Celtics played amazing defense that year.

It was VERY close. Kobe might have a slight edge, but not easily better.
Why are you using Kobe's worst series and Wade's best?? Even worse, youre comparing a 11 Mavs defense to one of the GOATs in the 08 Celtics..

Wade averaged 18/4/4 on 40% in the ECFs that year.. would I compare that to Kobes 29/6/4 on 53% shooting in the WCF against the spurs and use it as an absolute reference for who was better throughout the entire playoffs ?

Because that is what you're doing.

Fair Comparison

Kobe
28/6/5 on 58TS in the Regular Season
30/6/6 on 58TS in the Playoffs
.877 MVP Shares
Consensus Best player in the game

Wade
26/6/5 on 58TS in the Regular Season
25/7/4 on 57TS in the Playoffs
.020 MVP Shares
Not even close to consensus best player

Kobe has Wade beat across the board... with playoffs not being that close. Wade's worst series being the ECF was worse than Kobe's worst series being the Finals.

Kobe's overall playoff numbers are clearly better.. and he was considered the best in the game during the regular season.

This doesnt even account for the fact that Kobe saw much more defensive attention than Wade did.. was doubled more often and was the primary target for defenses, while oposition for Miami were going after Lebron and leaving Wade on islands with Keith Bogans and Jason Kidd during the playoffs. Better numbers in the face of more attention for Kobe.

Papaya Petee
02-06-2014, 08:47 PM
Kobe's overall playoff numbers are clearly better.. and he was considered the best in the game during the regular season.

This doesnt even account for the fact that Kobe saw much more defensive attention than Wade did.. was doubled more often and was the primary target for defenses, while oposition for Miami were going after Lebron and leaving Wade on islands with Keith Bogans and Jason Kidd during the playoffs. Better numbers in the face of more attention for Kobe.

The bolded is a flat out lie. Doug Collins said multiple times their game plan in the first round was to let LeBron get his and to stop Dwyane Wade. He said they feared him the most.

In the second round the Celtics doubled Wade and LeBron did not see double teams. They also did this the year before and year after when they versed the Heat. Paul Pierce and Doc Rivers both said this and both admitted they couldn't stop Wade who averaged 30 PPG against them in the series in 2011.

In the ECF Wade flat out sucked which I agree. But in the NBA Finals Wade saw JUST as much attention as LeBron. Wade was aggressive all series long getting to the rim at will which was guarded by Tyson Chandler who won DPOY the next year.

Of Course Kobe had slightly better numbers across the board. Wade played with a prime LeBron and Bosh, its ****ing amazing he averaged what he did given how ball dominant LeBron is. Wade didn't even lead the team in shot attempts. Wade was better than Kobe defensively comparing those two years too.

I give Kobe the slight edge, but its VERY close given the two completely different situations. Kobe was the MVP but a lot of people thought LeBron was better that year and he put up better numbers than Kobe. Wade was a top 3 player in the league his year too. Its close no matter what way you put it.

tpols
02-06-2014, 08:55 PM
The bolded is a flat out lie. Doug Collins said multiple times their game plan in the first round was to let LeBron get his and to stop Dwyane Wade. He said they feared him the most.

In the second round the Celtics doubled Wade and LeBron did not see double teams. They also did this the year before and year after when they versed the Heat. Paul Pierce and Doc Rivers both said this and both admitted they couldn't stop Wade who averaged 30 PPG against them in the series in 2011.

In the ECF Wade flat out sucked which I agree. But in the NBA Finals Wade saw JUST as much attention as LeBron. Wade was aggressive all series long getting to the rim at will which was guarded by Tyson Chandler who won DPOY the next year.
Kobe was seeing that attention in every series and by one of the GOAT defensive teams. Wade WAS in single coverage for whole series.. the Chicago one specifically.. Mavs they zoned up on them. Kobe was always the player teams feared.. not just sometimes.

Of Course Kobe had slightly better numbers across the board. Wade played with a prime LeBron and Bosh, its ****ing amazing he averaged what he did given how ball dominant LeBron is. Wade didn't even lead the team in shot attempts. Wade was better than Kobe defensively comparing those two years too.

Its not slight.:oldlol:

He averages almost 6 points more on better overall efficiency in the playoffs. Thats a giant gap. More assists.. similar defensively as that was one of Kobe's best ever. Overall Kobe had a better total package.

I give Kobe the slight edge, but its VERY close given the two completely different situations. Kobe was the MVP but a lot of people thought LeBron was better that year and he put up better numbers than Kobe. Wade was a top 3 player in the league his year too. Its close no matter what way you put it.
This is just a lie.. Bron started getting talk of best in the league in 09/10ish. 08 was between CP3 and Kobe all year and with how the playoffs went Lebron was even worse then Kobe.

Marlo_Stanfield
02-06-2014, 09:00 PM
1.Wade
2.MCGrady
3.Kobe
4.Allen

5.James Hogden:coleman:

Marlo_Stanfield
02-06-2014, 09:02 PM
Tmac definetly has a case over Wade if not injured he has a case just about over everyone but Wade imo is the better passer.
Wade imo is one of the most creative playmakers ever:applause:

Solefade
02-06-2014, 09:03 PM
This is just a lie.. Bron started getting talk of best in the league in 09/10ish. 08 was between CP3 and Kobe all year and with how the playoffs went Lebron was even worse then Kobe.

Pretty sure Lebron started getting the talk of the best player in the league in 07-08 season, but was more clear cut best player in 09-10ish

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-06-2014, 09:05 PM
So are we or aren't we accounting for injuries? Because if Wade and TMac are healthy playing on loaded teams, they'd be something fierce. You give them Kobe's squads? They're also winning 5 or so rings.

Marlo_Stanfield
02-06-2014, 09:05 PM
No injuries?

Wade over Kirby anytime.
:applause: :applause:
people forget that prime Wade without injuries was an insane two way player.
DEfense,playmaking,scoring,Shot Blocking, insane athletecism...he had it all:applause:

tpols
02-06-2014, 09:08 PM
Pretty sure Lebron started getting the talk of the best player in the league in 07-08 season, but was more clear cut best player in 09-10ish

Lebron in 08 came in 4th in MVP voting shares. Kobe came in first.

Kobe had a better playoffs that year than Lebron. 08 Celtics picked them both apart but Kobe had better series leading up to that..

There was little argument in 08 for Bron being better and all the results prove it. 09's the year he really took off in the playoffs.

Lebron had better raw numbers in 07, 08 seasons than he does right now.. doesnt mean he was better back then. He was in a system where he had the ball in his hands all play every play and had max opportunity to gobble up stats. Kobe played in a system that stressed a lot of post play and working together with teammates.. not just spamming drives and dishes for layups and kickout assists all game.

ArbitraryWater
02-06-2014, 09:13 PM
Why are you using Kobe's worst series and Wade's best?? Even worse, youre comparing a 11 Mavs defense to one of the GOATs in the 08 Celtics..

Wade averaged 18/4/4 on 40% in the ECFs that year.. would I compare that to Kobes 29/6/4 on 53% shooting in the WCF against the spurs and use it as an absolute reference for who was better throughout the entire playoffs ?

Because that is what you're doing.

Fair Comparison

Kobe
28/6/5 on 58TS in the Regular Season
30/6/6 on 58TS in the Playoffs
.877 MVP Shares
Consensus Best player in the game

Wade
26/6/5 on 58TS in the Regular Season
25/7/4 on 57TS in the Playoffs
.020 MVP Shares
Not even close to consensus best player

Kobe has Wade beat across the board... with playoffs not being that close. Wade's worst series being the ECF was worse than Kobe's worst series being the Finals.

TS :roll: Not seen a single Kobe fan use the regular, oh so simple fg% :oldlol:

Outside of some Dirk fans, I only see FG... hey whatever rocks ya boat

Marlo_Stanfield
02-06-2014, 09:13 PM
Lebron in 08 came in 4th in MVP voting shares. Kobe came in first.

Kobe had a better playoffs that year than Lebron. 08 Celtics picked them both apart but Kobe had better series leading up to that..

There was little argument in 08 for Bron being better and all the results prove it. 09's the year he really took off in the playoffs.

Lebron had better raw numbers in 07, 08 seasons than he does right now.. doesnt mean he was better back then. He was in a system where he had the ball in his hands all play every play and had max opportunity to gobble up stats. Kobe played in a system that stressed a lot of post play and working together with teammates.. not just spamming drives and dishes for layups and kickout assists all game.
:yaohappy: :yaohappy:

tpols
02-06-2014, 09:16 PM
TS :roll: Not seen a single Kobe fan use the regular, oh so simple fg% :oldlol:

Outside of some Dirk fans, I only see FG... hey whatever rocks ya boat
Dirk and Kobe take these things called 3 pointers. It's extremely unfair and biased to use FG in a comparison like that. Duncan for instance shoots significantly better from the field than Dirk, but Dirk blows him away in points per possesion/overall efficiency especially at his peak.

It all really comes down to 3 pointers.. being worth an extra point. They both shoot FTs better as well.