PDA

View Full Version : *Bulls trade rumour: Spurs interest in Boozer, Dunleavy and Gibson before Deadline*

poido123
02-07-2014, 10:46 AM
A random source and I question what Spurs would give back in return that Bulls want?

Any thoughts to the possibility of this happening?

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/537721/20140207/bulls-trade-rumors-spurs.htm

alec613
02-07-2014, 10:55 AM
Wouldn't trading for Gasol makes much more sense?

poido123
02-07-2014, 11:03 AM
Wouldn't trading for Gasol makes much more sense?

I would think trading for Okafor's expirer and picks makes the most sense...

Gasol would make us a better team and hurt our chances at the best pick in the draft.

JohnFreeman
02-07-2014, 11:06 AM
They probably want Bellinelli or Green. I am not sure what would improve Chicago from the Spurs though?

poido123
02-07-2014, 11:10 AM
They probably want Bellinelli or Green. I am not sure what would improve Chicago from the Spurs though?

Green would be a nice piece.

Again, we really don't want anything that improves us this year for obvious reasons..

Okafor's expirer is what we want along with picks...

We could give up perhaps Boozer + Dunleavy for Okafor and a second round pick?

JohnFreeman
02-07-2014, 11:15 AM

Again, we really don't want anything that improves us this year for obvious reasons..

make some space for Melo coming through :oldlol:
Spurs would want Boozers contract

guy
02-07-2014, 11:16 AM
They want all 3 of them? That's an almost impossible deal to make. Those 3 together make $26 million this year. Outside of Duncan, Parker, Ginobili, and Splitter ($40 million worth of players that either the Bulls wouldn't want or the Spurs aren't going to trade), Spurs have $24 million tied to like 12 other players. This isn't happening.

nathanjizzle
02-07-2014, 11:24 AM

why? so we can tank and end up with a .500 record anyway :facepalm

were making the playoffs this year with a chance rose comes back too.

nightprowler10
02-07-2014, 11:27 AM
Boozer and Dunleavy? Sure. Taj? Better be a damn good deal.

Akrazotile
02-07-2014, 11:28 AM

Yes, keep hope alive. Free up that cap space, so that you can land another Carlos Boozer in free agency and be trying to trade him by the following year.

The endless cycle..

T_L_P
02-07-2014, 11:32 AM
I don't really know who the Spurs could trade.

Anyone outside of Duncan, Manu, Parker, Kawhi, Belly, Mills, Diaw or Splitter would be fine with me though :oldlol:

JohnFreeman
02-07-2014, 11:36 AM
If I am Chicago I try to hold onto Gibson.Don't Sacramento and Chicago have a draft pick?

poido123
02-07-2014, 12:00 PM
If I am Chicago I try to hold onto Gibson.Don't Sacramento and Chicago have a draft pick?

It's not that we don't value Gibson, it's the fact that he is our best trading chip outside of the core which we won't trade.

If we can offload Boozer onto someone and free up capspace, that would be done in a heartbeat. Chances are it won't, so we would need to trade Gibson to do that and also get ourselves a pick or two.

poido123
02-07-2014, 12:01 PM
They want all 3 of them? That's an almost impossible deal to make. Those 3 together make $26 million this year. Outside of Duncan, Parker, Ginobili, and Splitter ($40 million worth of players that either the Bulls wouldn't want or the Spurs aren't going to trade), Spurs have $24 million tied to like 12 other players. This isn't happening.

Probably means they are interested in all of them, but will try and get one or two of them.

JohnFreeman
02-07-2014, 12:02 PM
It's not that we don't value Gibson, it's the fact that he is our best trading chip outside of the core which we won't trade.

If we can offload Boozer onto someone and free up capspace, that would be done in a heartbeat. Chances are it won't, so we would need to trade Gibson to do that and also get ourselves a pick or two.
Would Phoenix be interested in Boozer?

poido123
02-07-2014, 12:09 PM
Would Phoenix be interested in Boozer?

No, which is why I think Gibson and Dunleavy will be the one's to go. :lol

Dunleavy's contract is very cheap and is a nice piece to add to a contender.

Gibson is playing great basketball and in his prime. I think we can get a really good deal for Gibson, had like a 26 and 13 game today, so while Boozer sits out a few games, Gibson is bumping up his trade value.

T_L_P
02-07-2014, 12:11 PM
I've played against the Bulls on 2k14, and Dunleavy is deadly from behind the arch.

Bring him in, Gregg.

poido123
02-07-2014, 12:13 PM
I've played against the Bulls on 2k14, and Dunleavy is deadly from behind the arch.

Bring him in, Gregg.

He is only making around 3 mill this year, you guys could easily get him from us...

JohnFreeman
02-07-2014, 12:17 PM
No, which is why I think Gibson and Dunleavy will be the one's to go. :lol

Dunleavy's contract is very cheap and is a nice piece to add to a contender.

Gibson is playing great basketball and in his prime. I think we can get a really good deal for Gibson, had like a 26 and 13 game today, so while Boozer sits out a few games, Gibson is bumping up his trade value.
Pheonix would snap up Gibson in a second.

VIntageNOvel
02-07-2014, 12:27 PM
I would think trading for Okafor's expirer and picks makes the most sense...

Gasol would make us a better team and hurt our chances at the best pick in the draft.

im sure he meant spurs, not bulls,

gasol - duncan :bowdown:
that fundamental

thefatmiral
02-07-2014, 01:37 PM
if we could get rd of splitter for them somehow. or leave him somewhere

andremiller07
02-07-2014, 07:30 PM
Derrick Williams + Jimmer for Gibson

97 bulls
02-07-2014, 07:55 PM
As has been stated. I just don't see anything on that Spurs team that would interest the Bulls. The Spurs would need to get another team involved. But Boozer and Dunleavy are both the type of players the Spurs would like. No baggage type players that just do their job.

And id hate to see Gibson go.

davehos
02-07-2014, 08:27 PM
Patty Mills has been playing fantastic lately and his trade value is high right now. Corey Joseph is doing a decent job of running the show when Tony is off the court.

I suspect Baynes and Ayers would be part of a package.... that still leaves the Spurs in the hole for cap space. I doubt they go too far into luxury territory.

Bonner is probably safe. The fans in SA love him and if he's traded there will be rioting in the streets.

I don't see Pop trading Diaw. Diaw is a great defender and passer. Really fits into Spurs system.

Splitter .. makes no sense if the Bulls are trying to save money. Spurs just gave him 40 million .. I think. This only works if the Spurs pick up Boozer which I think kills their bench. Spurs need more length .. not another forward.

The Bulls may be looking to shed money .. if that's the case ... they'll do a lot for picks.

Akrazotile
02-07-2014, 08:32 PM
gasol - duncan :bowdown:
that fundamental

This would be wild, but IMO there's no way the Lakers give up Gasol to a title contender. Even if ownership doesn't give a f*ck if the spurs win and just want to clear the money, for appearances purposes there's no way they could give Gasol away to a western conference "rival". Fans would be pissed off about it just because... thats what fans do.

That'd be crazy tho if Pau was part of two power-shifting trades in his career.