PDA

View Full Version : John Cena passes Kobe for most liked athlete in America

TheMarkMadsen
02-07-2014, 04:33 PM
on facebook..

http://msn.foxsports.com/buzzer/story/john-cena-passes-kobe-bryant-as-facebook-champion-020714

Sorry Kobe, looks like your time is up and HIS TIME IS NOW

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4pd00Csom1r3278yo1_500.gif

Lebron23 be honest and tell us how many times you've liked Cena's facebook page just for this reason

moe94
02-07-2014, 04:36 PM
Cena is still relevant?

Dr Hawk
02-07-2014, 04:37 PM
He flops a lot though.

TheMarkMadsen
02-07-2014, 04:38 PM
Cena is still relevant?

unfortunately, although i'd say CM Punk is more relevant at the moment.

MrC1991
02-07-2014, 04:40 PM
or Daniel Bryan

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-07-2014, 04:40 PM
People still watch that wrestling trash? :oldlol:

buddha
02-07-2014, 04:41 PM
WWE, soap opera for males. lmao, people that watch it are pathetic.

TheMarkMadsen
02-07-2014, 04:43 PM

you still watch movies? :lol

bagelred
02-07-2014, 04:51 PM
I tried to view the Cena gif above, but I can't see him.

eliteballer
02-07-2014, 04:52 PM
He's not an athlete, he's a performer.

It's like comparing a figure skater to someone performing in disney on ice.

ArbitraryWater
02-07-2014, 04:53 PM
Is this a joke? Cena is the scum of earth.

Kobe >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ****boy Cena

ANYONE rooting for Cena will be exposed for being 11-16 years of age...

Kingwillball
02-07-2014, 05:11 PM
Tells U how many losers like that fake a$$ sport..

Higher Meaning
02-07-2014, 05:13 PM
Wow I stopped watching wrestling years ago Cena is actually still around :facepalm

Heavincent
02-07-2014, 05:16 PM
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/3f/3fbb391807614147b0d67a1d0a98b412c01305fdaea0962f74 2441d688597134.jpg

DonDadda59
02-07-2014, 05:18 PM

Can't lie, I do find it a bit disturbing when grown ass men watch wrestling. Reminds me of This (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2jGxtaSe1g). I remember WWF was the shit... when I was in the 4th grade.

Ratnik
02-07-2014, 05:22 PM
Can't lie, I do find it a bit disturbing when grown ass men watch wrestling. Reminds me of This (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2jGxtaSe1g). I remember WWF was the shit... when I was in the 4th grade.
/thread

Cold soul
02-07-2014, 05:27 PM
Cena is still irrelevant.

Illuminati

Pretty much. Shit became trash after Steve Austin and The Rock.

Draz
You're not an athlete if all your punches and kicks never show on camera. You're an actor.

Andrew Wiggins

seriously

it's so damn pathetic

TheMarkMadsen
02-07-2014, 05:28 PM

so, as an actor, if WWE offered you a wealthy contract to become a manager or announcer, you'd decline?

Legends66NBA7
02-07-2014, 05:28 PM
It's a popularity contest on Cena and Bryant, but why the hate on pro-wrestling ?

Yeah, it's staged but it's not like those wrestlers are any less of being athletes. They don't get an off season and have to do a lot of shows that aren't aired either. Plus, the life cycle is short and lot of wrestles have died because of the over use roids and pain killers. It's a tough job and I've seen enough documentaries that show how hard it is to live their lifestyle and stay relevant for so long.

If your star is big enough from the wrestling days, it can help you get into other endeavours like another sport (Brock Lesnar for MMA) or acting (The Rock gets to star in big time action movies).

TheMarkMadsen
02-07-2014, 05:31 PM
It's a popularity contest on Cena and Bryant, but why the hate on pro-wrestling ?

Yeah, it's staged but it's not like those wrestlers are any less of being athletes. They don't get an off season and have to do a lot of shows that aren't aired either. Plus, the life cycle is short and lot of wrestles have died because of the over use roids and pain killers. It's a tough job and I've seen enough documentaries that show how hard it is to live their lifestyle and stay relevant for so long.

If your star is big enough from the wrestling days, it can help you get into other endeavours like another sport (Brock Lesnar for MMA) or acting (The Rock gets to star in big time action movies).

yup

Rampage Jackson on professional wrestling:

[QUOTE]"I really respect those guys," he said with conviction. "A lot of people hate on pro wrestling. They say

moe94
02-07-2014, 05:32 PM
so, as an actor, if WWE offered you a wealthy contract to become a manager or announcer, you'd decline?

He's an actor? :biggums:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-07-2014, 05:33 PM

^guy in the video Don posted :oldlol:

Legends66NBA7
02-07-2014, 05:34 PM
You're not an athlete if all your punches and kicks never show on camera. You're an actor.

Not everything is punches and kicks. The bumps and stunts have to take is pretty real, although it's not has hardcore as it used to be in the past (concussions and injury concerns had to cut it down).

This was when Lesnar first started coming up in the WWF:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6k1LxVogkQ

^From last I recall, you can't do that move anymore. It's pretty crazy how good Lesnar was as an athlete.

Jameerthefear
02-07-2014, 05:34 PM
Wrestling sucks dick lol

Legends66NBA7
02-07-2014, 05:39 PM
yup

Rampage Jackson on professional wrestling:

Yeah, I agree.

Also, acting and charisma can go both ways and if often under looked by those who don't keep much tabs on wrestling.

moe94
02-07-2014, 05:40 PM
Wrestling sucks dick lol

Why do you say such things when you know people can rip you to shreds on the anime thing? It's almost like you enjoy it. :coleman:

DonDadda59
02-07-2014, 05:41 PM

Yes. Without thinking twice about it.

DMV2
02-07-2014, 05:42 PM
Grown men watching wrestling is no different than grown men playing video games. I just find it weird that one is acceptable and the other isn't.

Also, there are plenty of athletes who became pro wrestlers.

Kurt Angle - an Olympic Gold medalist.
The Rock - former Miami Hurricane Linebacker.
Ron Simmons - Florida State legend and college football Hall of Famer.
Bill Goldberg - former college and NFL player
Brock Lesnar - former NCAA wrestling champion and UFC Heavyweight champ
Mark Henry - former Olympian in weightlifting, also competes in Strongmen competition
Many more I can't think of at the moment.

UFC became mainstream because of a former WWE superstar, Brock Lesnar.

ArbitraryWater
02-07-2014, 05:43 PM

That would mean you'd WORK for it, to be qualified... but its not about high easy/hard it is, nobody would work for that shit cause it sucks.

SexSymbol
02-07-2014, 05:44 PM
Wrestling sucks dick lol
That's kinda ironic coming from an anime fangirl

Jameerthefear
02-07-2014, 05:44 PM
Why do you say such things when you know people can rip you to shreds on the anime thing? It's almost like you enjoy it. :coleman:
cuz i don't care

moe94
02-07-2014, 05:45 PM
Grown men watching wrestling is no different than grown men playing video games. I just find it weird that one is acceptable and the other isn't.

Don't see the connection, sorry. :confusedshrug:

Pilots use simulators. They don't wrestle each other for pecking order, though.

DMV2
02-07-2014, 05:46 PM
That would mean you'd WORK for it, to be qualified... but its not about high easy/hard it is, nobody would work for that shit cause it sucks.
:oldlol: I don't know if you realized that most WWE wrestlers make more than doctors do.

3peated
02-07-2014, 05:47 PM

I felt the same way. Until I went back and watched some documentaries on some of the stars of my favorite era (hhh, rock, stone cold, mankind) and now I'm trying to get into it like I used too. It's not as good obviously but it's still entertaining. It' pretty much soap operas for men, lol.

Legends66NBA7
02-07-2014, 05:47 PM

Good full post, but I would like to touch up on this, as well. I find it weird that wrestling is frowned upon in this thread, but I've seen often times the NBA and soccer calling their athletes "drama queens" and that it's "fake/rigged", etc...

As for the video game part, certain video gamers can go MLG. So really, they can have potential to win tournaments and have many sponsors. The ones that watch wrestling, it really depends how athletic you can be.

DMV2
02-07-2014, 05:48 PM

Pilots use simulators. They don't wrestle each other for pecking order, though.Don't see the connection unless you're saying video game players do it to become pilots?

Playing video games = for entertainment
Watching wrestling = for entertainment

That's the connection.

TheMarkMadsen
02-07-2014, 05:49 PM

Pilots use simulators. They don't wrestle each other for pecking order, though.

that made absolutely no sense

when people play video games they are immersing themselves into a false reality, usually paying hundreds if not thousands to do so

how is that any different from watching a television show on TV?

kaiteng
02-07-2014, 05:50 PM

Also, there are plenty of athletes who became pro wrestlers.

Kurt Angle - an Olympic Gold medalist.
The Rock - former Miami Hurricane Linebacker.
Ron Simmons - Florida State legend and college football Hall of Famer.
Bill Goldberg - former college and NFL player
Brock Lesnar - former NCAA wrestling champion and UFC Heavyweight champ
Mark Henry - former Olympian in weightlifting, also competes in Strongmen competition
Many more I can't think of at the moment.

UFC became mainstream because of a former WWE superstar, Brock Lesnar.
Jack Swagger - an NCAA All-American wrestler with University of Oklahoma
Wade Barrett - a bared-knuckle boxer champion

Heck, even Summer Rae was a Lingerie Football League player.

Legends66NBA7
02-07-2014, 05:51 PM
Don't see the connection unless you're saying video game players do it to become pilots?

Playing video games = for entertainment
Watching wrestling = for entertainment

That's the connection.

Yeah, it's a good connection. To be honest, it's really no different from grown men watching all types of sports either. But like I said before, the ones who are very good at certain video games can potentially make money out of it too.

kaiteng
02-07-2014, 05:51 PM
or Daniel Bryan
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view2/20140117/4954872/michigan-state-yes-o.gif

moe94
02-07-2014, 05:52 PM
that made absolutely no sense

when people play video games they are immersing themselves into a false reality, usually paying hundreds if not thousands to do so

how is that any different from watching a television show on TV?

Because it's not real!

TV shows and films are real.

Seriously, I've seen retards who watch reality television try to attack wrestling completely unaware of the irony.

TheMarkMadsen
02-07-2014, 05:57 PM
Because it's not real!

TV shows and films are real.

Seriously, I've seen retards who watch reality television try to attack wrestling completely unaware of the irony.

:lol :cheers:

ArbitraryWater
02-07-2014, 06:02 PM
:oldlol: I don't know if you realized that most WWE wrestlers make more than doctors do.

Yea, and? How does that relate to anything?

DMV2
02-07-2014, 06:06 PM
Relate to your post

I'm sure you would quit your minimum wage job for a WWE contract.

moe94
02-07-2014, 06:06 PM
Not really. It takes a ton of dedication and love for the craft. ^

Because it's silly to suggest that no one would want to do it and that it has no audience. Some people like that stuff. You're going to have to get used to it. It's not even an American thing. It's hilariously international.

Legends66NBA7
02-07-2014, 06:07 PM

Well, how does it "suck" if the pay is that good ?

FKAri
02-07-2014, 06:10 PM
lol @ ignorant comments in this thread. Don't you realize all forms of entertainment in our society can be deemed pathetic? To actually enjoy basketball enough to be a "fanatic" can be considered pathetic. Even a basketball superstar can be considered pathetic because he chose to dedicate his life to putting a ball through a hoop. What a moron. It's all about perspective.

HEAT111
02-07-2014, 06:14 PM
The thing is, John Cena has done plenty of charities and currently the only person in the world that tops most of the wishes of cancers patients for the Make the Wish foundation. it's obvious that Cena the wrestler doesn't get credit for what he doesn. I don't blame him for being the main guy of the business. WWE generate a lot money thanks to him at the moment but when it comes the WWE creative...and the product of the business it can go both ways.

By the way, the Undertaker hanged out with a little girl few months ago for the charity.

moe94
02-07-2014, 06:15 PM
lol @ ignorant comments in this thread. Don't you realize all forms of entertainment in our society can be deemed pathetic? To actually enjoy basketball enough to be a "fanatic" can be considered pathetic. Even a basketball superstar can be considered pathetic because he chose to dedicate his life to putting a ball through a hoop. What a moron. It's all about perspective.

Their pretension is truly amusing.

TheMarkMadsen
02-07-2014, 06:18 PM
The thing is, John Cena has done plenty of charities and currently the only person in the world that tops most of the wishes of cancers patients for the Make the Wish foundation. it's obvious that Cena the wrestler doesn't get credit for what he doesn. I don't blame him for being the main guy of the business. WWE generate a lot money thanks to him at the moment but when it comes the WWE creative...and the product of the business it can go both ways.

By the way, the Undertaker hanged out with a little girl few months ago for the charity.

I went to the make a wish foundation website a few months ago and it was incredible to see how many wish's Cena had granted recently.

his charity work is second to none and i believe he holds the record for most wish's granted, the guy is special in that regard.

With that being said, turn heel and freshen up the character a bit John :D

HEAT111
02-07-2014, 06:21 PM
I went to the make a wish foundation website a few months ago and it was incredible to see how many wish's Cena had granted recently.

his charity work is second to none and i believe he holds the record for most wish's granted, the guy is special in that regard.

With that being said, turn heel and freshen up the character a bit John :D

He would lol. Just blame Vince and the creative.

Here's the Undertaker one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfJnSPhV1-8

TheMarkMadsen
02-07-2014, 06:29 PM
He would lol. Just blame Vince and the creative.

Here's the Undertaker one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfJnSPhV1-8

damn, that brought a smile to my face.

Smook A.
02-07-2014, 06:30 PM
Who tf still watches WWE?

TheMarkMadsen
02-07-2014, 06:32 PM
Who tf still watches WWE?

I do

JimmyMcAdocious
02-07-2014, 06:33 PM
Who is John Cena? Seriously had to google his name. I originally thought a golfer or tennis player, but that wouldn't make sense. Albeit, Tiger was probably the most liked athlete in America at some point in his career.

Sakkreth
02-07-2014, 06:37 PM
Why is he called athlete ?

zoom17
02-07-2014, 06:40 PM

what is considered a athlete?

Olacinco
02-07-2014, 07:06 PM
Who's john cena?

Nevaeh
02-07-2014, 07:11 PM

Why are golfers considered "athletes"? Because they take walks through the park and swing at little white balls along the way? They way I see wrestling is it's one of the few entertainment mediums that actively lets its fans in on the "joke" so to speak.

It's also one of the few sports mediums that allows cross over from other sports in an ironic "what if" sort of way that allows even more people to be exposed to it. Remember when Dennis Rodman went up against "Mailman" Malone back in the day?

People also tend to forget that not every entertainment medium is aimed at adults, but at the 10-15 year old crowd as well. And guess what? A lot of those young kids have parents that they enjoy watching that stuff with. I'd rather spend my time with my kid playing a video game or watching wrestling than watching a group of egomaniacal skank b!tches argue and scream at each other on a "reality" show, for the sake of "entertainment" any day of the week.

Flash31
02-07-2014, 07:36 PM
The people that hate and trash on it
clearly have the iqs of mentally challenged 5 year olds.

Oh "Lol Its FAKE"
No sht,Did yall just figure that out

The WWE said it was scripted entertainment to the people
in the 70s.

Im going with yall are those same people who find out when you get older,
Santas not real and then all of a sudden begin trashing Santa and telling little kids Hes not real".

Oh no wait,The WWE fans KNOW it's all a show
but people hating on it apparently just Foun out and
"Lol Its FAKE".

And judging from these extremely obnoxious,ignorant comments by people yall go to anybody watching a tvshow,movie,play and go
"ITS FAKE lol(I broke 'em)" Like some beyond ignorant tools.

Yall probably think weightlifters,powerlifters,amateur wrestlers,ballet dancers arent athletes either bc they dont score any "Points or something stupid".

Without professional wrestling tv more specifically color tv would probably not have made it.

Gorgeous George popularized tvs and due to his style
Ali took his mannerisms and talk and used it to become
ALI known worldwide.

Brock Lesnar was UFC Heavyweight Champion.
The Rock became a highly successful actor.
Jack Swagger was an All-American in college for
Wrestling AND Football.
Kurt Angle won an Olympic Gold Medal with a Broken Neck.
Mark Henry broke and set the all time combined powerlifting record and killed the Arnold Classic.
Alberto Del Rio was an olympic athlete.

The amount of sheer ignorance from yall,just wow.

Do yall even know of tv and sports and entertainment.

Same people trashing it probably watch reality tv,see flopping,watch movies

or in some cases those haters
watch an underage,incest anime or defend a mans dock size,watch reality tv,
obsess over grown men,

like wtf?

Oh and Cena Most liked athlete,
yes yes yes

bizil
02-07-2014, 07:46 PM
Wrestling done right like in the NWA-WCW 80's and 90's Four Horsemen, Road Warriors, Dusty Rhodes, Magnum TA, Freebirds, Sting, Luger, Steiners, etc. was some compelling shit. Or the Attitude Era vs. Monday Nitro days was epic too. Sure it's predetermined, but those guys were more adult and sports oriented than WWF back in the day or WWE today. I dug WWF too back in the day, but the NWA shit in the Horsemen days was about bling, violence, bordering R rated promos, women, and major trash talking. Many rappers freely admit watching wrestling and borrowing from those guys swag wise. Plus u can't knock the athletic ability of some of those guys. Some of those guys are really among the best athletes in the world. If u don't like it then cool. But don't hate on it simply because its fake or predetermined. Now if u feel its corny these days in WWE, then I agree with u. But

Kovach
02-07-2014, 08:40 PM
I don't watch it nowdays but god I loved the attitude era, especially the hardcore matches. Nothing beats watching two guys bashing one another with melons and crates of bananas. :lol

Andy Hug
02-07-2014, 08:44 PM
Wrestlers are some of the toughest "(actors/athletes)" out there. Much more tough than basketball players anyway. I don't like wrestling but I have a crazy amount of respect for what they go through. Their schedule is hell

EDIT: I also have a lot of respect for the charity work/work they do with the disabled.

EricGordon23
02-07-2014, 09:12 PM
I laugh at people who say that wrestlers aren't athletic. Idiots. These guys train harder than anyone with that type of schedule.

bizil
02-07-2014, 09:20 PM
Wrestlers are some of the toughest "(actors/athletes)" out there. Much more tough than basketball players anyway. I don't like wrestling but I have a crazy amount of respect for what they go through. Their schedule is hell

EDIT: I also have a lot of respect for the charity work/work they do with the disabled.

That's a fair assessment! U don't like it but u aren't shitting on their craft. I can totally respect that!

TheMarkMadsen
02-07-2014, 09:20 PM
Wrestling done right like in the NWA-WCW 80's and 90's Four Horsemen, Road Warriors, Dusty Rhodes, Magnum TA, Freebirds, Sting, Luger, Steiners, etc. was some compelling shit. Or the Attitude Era vs. Monday Nitro days was epic too. Sure it's predetermined, but those guys were more adult and sports oriented than WWF back in the day or WWE today. I dug WWF too back in the day, but the NWA shit in the Horsemen days was about bling, violence, bordering R rated promos, women, and major trash talking. Many rappers freely admit watching wrestling and borrowing from those guys swag wise. Plus u can't knock the athletic ability of some of those guys. Some of those guys are really among the best athletes in the world. If u don't like it then cool. But don't hate on it simply because its fake or predetermined. Now if u feel its corny these days in WWE, then I agree with u. But

I'd love to compile a playlist of rap songs with wrestling references, i know there are so pretty obvious ones.. I remember Big Pun throwing out a Shawn Michaels line :eek:

moe94
02-07-2014, 09:22 PM
I'd love to compile a playlist of rap songs with wrestling references, i know there are so pretty obvious ones.. I remember Big Pun throwing out a Shawn Michaels line :eek:

f*ck what they say
I'm still raw
choke a n*gga like benoit

bizil
02-07-2014, 09:23 PM
I laugh at people who say that wrestlers aren't athletic. Idiots. These guys train harder than anyone with that type of schedule.

I agree 100%! Those guys train hard as hell and have a more brutal schedule than any major sport. They have no off season!

bizil
02-07-2014, 09:33 PM
Here's one from Cam'ron:

I'm Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, Bob Backlund
Part-acting, ha ha, who they think they car jackin

Paying homage to three kings of the WWF. And we all know the WWF home base is in NY so u know Cam'ron was a huge fan back in the day!

moe94
02-07-2014, 09:37 PM
Monday Night with the RAW, I’m Vince McMahon with a beat
Power-slamming them hammers, I get you handle for free
-Rick Ross

(Woo) That’s rare n*gga, (Woo) Ric Flair n*gga
(Woo) The power’s in my hair n*gga!
-Pusha T

Oh, I'm about to go Andre the Giant, you a sell out, but I ain't buying
-Wayne

**** you talkin' bout? Bitch, I'm Kenneth Cole / My goons masked up, Rey Mysterio.
-Wayne

Heisenberg
02-07-2014, 09:40 PM
"athlete"

bizil
02-07-2014, 09:43 PM
[QUOTE=moe94]Monday Night with the RAW, I

jongib369
02-07-2014, 09:46 PM
http://media.giphy.com/media/IwMI3MhiFL57y/giphy.gif

TheMarkMadsen
02-07-2014, 09:50 PM
Hell YA!! Those are some nice ones right there! I've also heard LL, Run-DMC, Jay Z, Nas, 50 Cent, Meth, Red, GZA, RZA, and so many legendary MC's used wrestling lyrics. So for those that clown wrestling, your favorite rappers big up it in their lyrics. They are paying homage to it. I've seen Ghostface with the old school Ric Flair Big Gold Belt in videos!!

just found this "50 greatest wrestling rap references of all time"

http://www.complex.com/sports/2012/08/the-50-greatest-wrestling-rap-references/wiz-khalifa-hello-kitty-on-the-pill

damn just reading through the first few entries and you can tell these rappers were wrestling fans since they are referencing specific wrestler's "finishing moves" The 4x4 Hacksaw Jim Duggan reference by Wale.. that's a hardcore wrestling fan reference

LeGOAT
02-07-2014, 09:52 PM
"Athlete"

moe94
02-07-2014, 09:52 PM
Hell YA!! Those are some nice ones right there! I've also heard LL, Run-DMC, Jay Z, Nas, 50 Cent, Meth, Red, GZA, RZA, and so many legendary MC's used wrestling lyrics. So for those that clown wrestling, your favorite rappers big up it in their lyrics. They are paying homage to it. I've seen Ghostface with the old school Ric Flair Big Gold Belt in videos!!

Not just that.

http://static4.businessinsider.com/image/50c1fd7cecad04e74700000c/rasheed-wallaces-epic-belt-celebration-punctuated-the-second-worst-loss-ever-for-the-lebron-era-heat.jpg http://www.emptythebench.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/benbelt.jpg
http://worldnewspress.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/rasheed-wallace-belt-elite-daily.png

It's all entertainment. Being overtly pretentious about entertainment is absolutely hilarious.

Boarder Patrol
02-07-2014, 10:30 PM
Yet to see anyone name an actual difference between Wrestling and action movies, or TV shows.

bizil
02-07-2014, 11:05 PM
just found this "50 greatest wrestling rap references of all time"

http://www.complex.com/sports/2012/08/the-50-greatest-wrestling-rap-references/wiz-khalifa-hello-kitty-on-the-pill

damn just reading through the first few entries and you can tell these rappers were wrestling fans since they are referencing specific wrestler's "finishing moves" The 4x4 Hacksaw Jim Duggan reference by Wale.. that's a hardcore wrestling fan reference

Epic ass list bro! U got some of the greatest rappers of all time using wrestling lyrics in tremendous ways. The metaphors flipped with the wrestlers was crazy creative!
:cheers:

bizil
02-07-2014, 11:10 PM
Not just that.

http://static4.businessinsider.com/image/50c1fd7cecad04e74700000c/rasheed-wallaces-epic-belt-celebration-punctuated-the-second-worst-loss-ever-for-the-lebron-era-heat.jpg http://www.emptythebench.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/benbelt.jpg
http://worldnewspress.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/rasheed-wallace-belt-elite-daily.png

It's all entertainment. Being overtly pretentious about entertainment is absolutely hilarious.

Great points! The Pistons were all rocking their own Big Gold Belt back then! That was a good look! That's the best looking belt of all time in my book! And the one and only Nature Boy made it famous!! WOOOO!

mentallooser
02-07-2014, 11:58 PM
Yet to see anyone name an actual difference between Wrestling and action movies, or TV shows.

Wrestling actually has legit injuries and has at least 2 new episodes a week on tv week after week.

JohnFreeman
02-08-2014, 12:02 AM
Great points! The Pistons were all rocking their own Big Gold Belt back then! That was a good look! That's the best looking belt of all time in my book! And the one and only Nature Boy made it famous!! WOOOO!
That old Pistons team :cry:

King Jane
02-08-2014, 12:03 AM
Wow at all u idiots who think wrestling is real :oldlol:

Boomerang
02-08-2014, 01:39 AM
I don't really see why adult men are still watching wrestling. It's not just it's fake. It's the fact that the script is so... childish. The feud between the wrestlers and all that childish crap.. it's aimed at 10-15 year old boys.

I see no reason at all why a grown man would enjoy watching WWE. If you like MMA, go watch UFC instead. Watching sweaty men act out a childish script is basically on the same level as jersey shore. Grow the hell up.

mehyaM24
02-08-2014, 01:46 AM
....the difference between a movie/tv show and wrestling, is these guys are roided up junkies whos scripts are written by ****ing hacks....scripts for ****ing children and mental midgets (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvTNyKIGXiI)(so everyone in this thread who admitted watching it :oldlol:)

...lmao this thread is THE most pathetic ive seen....weak as hell...

mehyaM24
02-08-2014, 01:48 AM
I don't really see why adult men are still watching wrestling. It's not just it's fake. It's the fact that the script is so... childish. The feud between the wrestlers and all that childish crap.. it's aimed at 10-15 year old boys.

I see no reason at all why a grown man would enjoy watching WWE. If you like MMA, go watch UFC instead. Watching sweaty men act out a childish script is basically on the same level as jersey shore. Grow the hell up.

this right ****ing here

bizil
02-08-2014, 02:09 AM

The shit I'm talkin about SPECIFICALLY is Four Horsemen back in the day. Or the nWo, Goldberg, Stone Cold, The Rock, Dusty, and The Road Warriors. That shit was far from childish. And I watch UFC too! To each their own but u can't just pigeonhole all of wrestling. The shit today I don't really watch in terms of wrestling. Many of us are talking about the shit from back in the day. If u never watched Flair and The Horsemen then u can't talk shit. And if u used to watch it u are a hypocrite. U are also dissing some of the greatest rappers of ALL TIME. Many of them are HUGE FANS of the time period I'm talking about. Hova, Wayne, Em, LL Cool J, Method Man and Wu-Tang, Redman, Nas. We are talking ICONS who dig wrestling. Not to mention the best player in the world Lebron James SPECIFICALLY was on the hunt for a real WWE Title Belt. The Rock PERSONALLY sent Lebron one on some real shit. So many of us are in GREAT COMPANY if legends of the sports and entertainment are UNAPOLOGETIC WRESTLING FANS! I'm glad to have that in common with them. The same rappers and hoops stars u DICK RIDE probably are HUGE FANS OF WRESTLING! Me I'm a grown man dont DICK RIDE no man. I just ride top notch asses like the one in my avatar HATER!! And I appreciate GREAT ATHLETES with SWAG! Which many of the wrestlers are!

MichaelCorleone
02-08-2014, 02:10 AM
I'm not a Kobe fan, but that phony "wrestler" over one of our own NBA player is just disgusting.:facepalm

So basically, an ACTOR passes Kobe for most liked ATHLETE?:facepalm :banghead: :biggums:

Boarder Patrol
02-08-2014, 02:14 AM

Perhaps they're entertained by it? If something entertains me I'll continue to watch it. I'm not a weekly viewer but I'll stream the big pay per views and tune in around twice a month.

Nobody has the right to attack anyone for enjoying a TV show. Grow the hell up.

Black Mamba's B
02-08-2014, 02:33 AM
Cm punk is better

Boomerang
02-08-2014, 07:33 AM
The shit I'm talkin about SPECIFICALLY is Four Horsemen back in the day. Or the nWo, Goldberg, Stone Cold, The Rock, Dusty, and The Road Warriors. That shit was far from childish. And I watch UFC too! To each their own but u can't just pigeonhole all of wrestling. The shit today I don't really watch in terms of wrestling. Many of us are talking about the shit from back in the day. If u never watched Flair and The Horsemen then u can't talk shit. And if u used to watch it u are a hypocrite. U are also dissing some of the greatest rappers of ALL TIME. Many of them are HUGE FANS of the time period I'm talking about. Hova, Wayne, Em, LL Cool J, Method Man and Wu-Tang, Redman, Nas. We are talking ICONS who dig wrestling. Not to mention the best player in the world Lebron James SPECIFICALLY was on the hunt for a real WWE Title Belt. The Rock PERSONALLY sent Lebron one on some real shit. So many of us are in GREAT COMPANY if legends of the sports and entertainment are UNAPOLOGETIC WRESTLING FANS! I'm glad to have that in common with them. The same rappers and hoops stars u DICK RIDE probably are HUGE FANS OF WRESTLING! Me I'm a grown man dont DICK RIDE no man. I just ride top notch asses like the one in my avatar HATER!! And I appreciate GREAT ATHLETES with SWAG! Which many of the wrestlers are!
I'm talking about adult men today who continue to watch the new stuff. Hey, I watch the rock, stone cold, undertaker, HHH when I was in middle school too. But now I am a grown man.

Perhaps they're entertained by it? If something entertains me I'll continue to watch it. I'm not a weekly viewer but I'll stream the big pay per views and tune in around twice a month.

Nobody has the right to attack anyone for enjoying a TV show. Grow the hell up.
I guess no one has the right to attack other adult men for watching My little pony too.

RR#9
02-08-2014, 07:35 AM
"athlete"

Andrew Wiggins
02-08-2014, 01:04 PM

exactly :lol

CelticBaller
02-08-2014, 01:18 PM
Not just that.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/wrestling/blog/rodgers1.jpg

It's pathetic that people who post on a basketball message board daily, recite stats like they were lyrics to their favorite song, and defend their favorite anything like it was their mother's grave criticize other people. you know how ridiculous you guys sound?

KyrieTheFuture
02-08-2014, 02:00 PM
We have had multiple threads on here talking about player's dick sizes and y'all think you can criticize anyone else for being immature?