PDA

View Full Version : If the NBA is rigged...

moe94
02-07-2014, 11:10 PM
How come they didn't try for a Kobe vs LeBron Finals?

How did the Pistons win?

How come the Spurs have been so successful?

Did they try and just mess up? :confusedshrug:

JohnFreeman
02-07-2014, 11:11 PM
Didn't the league want 09 to be Kobe V LeBron?

russwest0
02-07-2014, 11:12 PM
Moe, your logic is horrible man.

Decent poster, just complete shit for logic.

livinglegend
02-07-2014, 11:12 PM
not rigged, but some games are influenced by the league ( see Lakers playoffs run last season + 2002 WCF)

TheMarkMadsen
02-07-2014, 11:13 PM

yeah, but the Magic didn't

Leftimage
02-07-2014, 11:14 PM
How come they didn't try for a Kobe vs LeBron Finals?

How did the Pistons win?

How come the Spurs have been so successful?

Did they try and just mess up? :confusedshrug:

Only retards think the league is rigged from the top. Now, shady officials betting on games.... Mayyyyyyybe but I woudn't bet on it (wink)

TheMarkMadsen
02-07-2014, 11:14 PM
you know how when you have all the answers to the test, you'll miss a few on purpose as to not be obvious..

JohnFreeman
02-07-2014, 11:16 PM
yeah, but the Magic didn't
****ing Magic.

aj1987
02-07-2014, 11:17 PM
you know how when you have all the answers to the test, you'll miss a few on purpose as to not be obvious..
Who the **** does that and what kind of shitty school doubts students who score 100%?

moe94
02-07-2014, 11:19 PM
Moe, your logic is horrible man.

Decent poster, just complete shit for logic.

Do you actually think it's flat out rigged?

You keep saying logic as a way to disregard and dodge posts.

navy
02-07-2014, 11:24 PM
No, the NBA is not rigged. The refs are just terrible. At the end of the day you have to make buckets.

gts
02-07-2014, 11:26 PM
If you think the game is rigged and you still watch it, still spend your money on NBA inspired gear or buy tickets to games then you're a moron... :lol

russwest0
02-07-2014, 11:27 PM
Do you actually think it's flat out rigged?

You keep saying logic as a way to disregard and dodge posts.

Question: Do you think the NBA has/ever has had meetings with officials where they discuss favoring superstars, giving them 50/50 calls, not calling a 2nd foul on a star in the 1st quarter, etc..

?

moe94
02-07-2014, 11:28 PM
Question: Do you think the NBA has/ever has had meetings with officials where they discuss favoring superstars, giving them 50/50 calls, not calling a 2nd foul on a star in the 1st quarter, etc..

?

Is that you flexing some logic? Is this you thinking you have a point? :roll:

JT123
02-07-2014, 11:28 PM
If you think the game is rigged and you still watch it, still spend your money on NBA inspired gear or buy tickets to games then you're a moron... :lol
cough russwest0 cough

russwest0
02-07-2014, 11:30 PM
Is that you flexing some logic? Is this you thinking you have a point?

You gonna answer the question?

NumberSix
02-07-2014, 11:31 PM
NBA is rigged, for OKC.

secund2nun
02-07-2014, 11:32 PM
They did try for it. Rigging can only influence certain outcomes. It cannot impose its will on the outcome of a game.

Warfan
02-07-2014, 11:33 PM
they tried but lebron choked and quit on his team
jk

secund2nun
02-07-2014, 11:34 PM

?

There must be some kind of communication system for the rigging. The refs have to get the word somehow. It could be a secret meeting. Maybe there is just a general policy (favor big market teams and/or teams with marketable superstars)

JT123

?
You are always claiming the league is pro Lebron, yet Bron has fouled out of two very important games in the ECF each of the last 2 years! :eek:
Why would the officials do this if the league was giving them marching orders to get the Heat to the finals? And it isn't like the calls were obvious and Lebron didn't leave them a choice. In both instances the fouls called on him were very contraversial to say the least. :coleman:

russwest0
they tried but lebron choked and quit on his team

:roll: :roll: :roll:

moe94
02-07-2014, 11:36 PM
You gonna answer the question?

Do you have any real points? Superstar calls is nothing new or controversial. Say something since you're so adamant in this conspiracy theory.

russwest0
02-07-2014, 11:37 PM
Moe94 refusing to answer the question in his own thread

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

moe94
02-07-2014, 11:40 PM
Moe94 refusing to answer the question in his own thread

Superstar calls for the Pistons to win. :applause:

russwest0
Answer the question and I'll take your thread seriously.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-CvDscFu0_uY/TVdv0vVWswI/AAAAAAAAABs/doiKKCrAkcU/s1600/Tim+Donaghy.jpg

russwest0
02-07-2014, 11:41 PM
Superstar calls for the Pistons to win. :applause:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Nyu69Oj1q4

Just about got ****ed over. Were too good of a team though.

moe94
02-07-2014, 11:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Nyu69Oj1q4

Just about got ****ed over. Were too good of a team though.

It's rigged but not when it's not. You're embarrassing.

Why do you watch this sport if you think it's rigged and without integrity? Explain that one first. :biggums:

russwest0
02-07-2014, 11:46 PM
You refuse to answer basic questions that would point to the league being rigged and just throw out a Red Herring: "What about this team winning it all in this year!!?!!"

It's embarrassing on your end dude. I recommend going to college (if not already) if and only if to take a logic class.

aj1987
02-07-2014, 11:50 PM
It's rigged but not when it's not. You're embarrassing.

Why do you watch this sport if you think it's rigged and without integrity? Explain that one first. :biggums:
STFU, dude. The refs put magnets in the ball and the rim. That's how Wade (career 30(?)% FT shooter) made that fadeaway 3. That was refs!

moe94
Why do you watch a sport you believe is rigged and then complain about calls? This isn't about logic. It's about your lunacy.

JT123
Answer the question and I'll take your thread seriously.
I answered your question. You obviously have nothing logical to respond with. :lol

CavaliersFTW
02-07-2014, 11:51 PM
Yes but all the help in the world from Stern still wasn't enough to overcome Lebron's choking years.

secund2nun
02-07-2014, 11:53 PM
Yes but all the help in the world from Stern still wasn't enough to overcome Lebron's choking years.

All the help in the world wasn't enough to overcome the Cavalier's incompetent ownership and players.

Lebron nearly went 30/20/10 in game 6 while shutting down Pierce, but somehow it was his fault while his teammates (especially Mo) got destroyed. Mo made Rondo look like Magic Johnson while doing nothing offensively. Lebron quitting in 2010 is just one of those myths that has no basis in reality.

russwest0
02-07-2014, 11:54 PM
STFU, dude. The refs put magnets in the ball and the rim. That's how Wade (career 30(?)% FT shooter) made that fadeaway 3. That was refs!

Red Herrings everywhere. Heat score 17 points in the Final minute and a half with complete bullshit calls and you point to Wade making a 3. You are a Wade stan though so that hidden agenda is easy to sniff out.

What about the call with the Pistons player looking right at the ref and saying timeout and being ignored and given the 5 second call? Was that Wades fault?

(This is the logic you use...)

russwest0
02-07-2014, 11:55 PM

Truth. Cavs were getting all the help in the world from the refs that year but it didn't matter because Orlando just went apeshit from 3pt land.

ProfessorMurder
02-07-2014, 11:56 PM
- I believe individual games can be fixed, but things aren't plotted out in season arcs. Deciding full seasons would take too much work and hinge on too many things.

- I believe certain players are chosen to be protected, while others are deliberately blackballed and screwed over.

russwest0
02-07-2014, 11:57 PM
Why do you watch a sport you believe is rigged and then complain about calls? This isn't about logic. It's about your lunacy.

Yes, my lunacy when you, in your own thread about discussing this, are ignoring basic questions that, to any logical person, would suggest that the league is rigged.

Hell, this may tell me that you are actually a bit rational, you just put the blinders on to remain a happy idiot.

CavaliersFTW
02-07-2014, 11:57 PM
All the help in the world wasn't enough to overcome the Cavalier's incompetent ownership and players.

Lebron nearly went 30/20/10 in game 6 while shutting down Pierce, but somehow it was his fault while his teammates (especially Mo) got destroyed. Mo made Rondo look like Magic Johnson while doing nothing offensively. Lebron quitting in 2010 is just one of those myths that has no basis in reality.
Nice try but I actually watched the game. So did others:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV80e3lF1LA

http://img.pandawhale.com/67037-Christian-Bale-oh-kiss-reactio-NZEo.gif

iamgine
02-08-2014, 12:03 AM
The thing we need to answer first is, does influencing games through officials training the same as rigging?

JT123
02-08-2014, 12:04 AM

:facepalm He had 19 rebounds in the final game of the series. How the hell does a small forward get 19 rebounds if he isn't trying to win?! :hammerhead:

HoopsFanNumero1
02-08-2014, 12:05 AM

Please explain how he choked in '09. But I'll understand if you don't respond.

aj1987
02-08-2014, 12:05 AM

Red Herrings everywhere. Heat score 17 points in the Final minute and a half with complete bullshit calls and you point to Wade making a 3. You are a Wade stan though so that hidden agenda is easy to sniff out.

What about the call with the Pistons player looking right at the ref and saying timeout and being ignored and given the 5 second call? Was that Wades fault?

(This is the logic you use...)
You know that your theory goes to shit, if Wade doesn't make that miraculous 3, right? Wade makes normal 3's at a 29% rate. At that point of his career, he was at 24% for made 3's.

CavaliersFTW
02-08-2014, 12:06 AM
:facepalm He had 19 rebounds in the final game of the series. How the hell does a small forward get 19 rebounds if he isn't trying to win?! :hammerhead:
Did you watch the game?

I remember the look on his face with 3 minutes left in the 4th quite clearly. Looked like the blank 2 mile stare of a shell shocked war veteran. Lebron gave up, just seemed to stop trying altogether, and the game was still quite winnable. There's no stat for choking.

russwest0
02-08-2014, 12:06 AM
You know that your theory goes to shit, if Wade doesn't make that miraculous 3, right? Wade makes normal 3's at a 29% rate. At that point of his career, he was at 24% for made 3's.

What theory goes to shit...?

Leftimage
02-08-2014, 12:07 AM
- I believe individual games can be fixed, but things aren't plotted out in season arcs. Deciding full seasons would take too much work and hinge on too many things.

- I believe certain players are chosen to be protected, while others are deliberately blackballed and screwed over.

/thread.

aj1987
02-08-2014, 12:08 AM
What theory goes to shit...?
That the NBA is fixed.

JohnFreeman
02-08-2014, 12:09 AM
http://coedbc.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/duncan-parker-crawford-guns.jpg

russwest0
02-08-2014, 12:12 AM
That the NBA is fixed.

Are you trolling or just this big of a moron?

aj1987
02-08-2014, 12:15 AM
Are you trolling or just this big of a moron?
Why did you run away like a little bitch from the Wade/Dirk thread?

russwest0
02-08-2014, 12:20 AM

Yeah, you're a clown.

aj1987
02-08-2014, 12:28 AM

Yeah, you're a clown.
As I said in the other thread, when you people can't come up with facts to backup your wild and outlandish claims, you resort to insulting people.

russwest0
02-08-2014, 12:37 AM
As I said in the other thread, when you people can't come up with facts to backup your wild and outlandish claims, you resort to insulting people.

You literally just said that Wade hitting a 3 pointer (in a game where the ultimate goal of covering the spread is met either way due to one sided officiating) is proof that the league isn't rigged. And you DON'T expect me to call you a dumbass afterwards?

:oldlol: :oldlol:

UK2K
02-08-2014, 12:41 AM
Tha pacers game looked rigged

Two pee wee passes straight to the pacers under their basket?

Point shaving at its finest. The LMA pass, dude could have thrown it ANYWHERE on the floor other than where he threw it and it would have been just fine lol instead he threw it right to David west, who wasn't moving, under his basket.

LMA probably had cheddar riding on the game.

russwest0
02-08-2014, 12:42 AM
Tha pacers game looked rigged

Two pee wee passes straight to the pacers under their basket?

Point shaving at its finest. The LMA pass, dude could have thrown it ANYWHERE on the floor other than where he threw it and it would have been just fine lol instead he threw it right to David west, who wasn't moving, under his basket.

LMA probably had cheddar riding on the game.

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

You're making us rationalists look bad.

aj1987
02-08-2014, 12:42 AM
You literally just said that Wade hitting a 3 pointer (in a game where the ultimate goal of covering the spread is met either way due to one sided officiating) is proof that the league isn't rigged. And you DON'T expect me to call you a dumbass afterwards?

:oldlol: :oldlol:
So, what would've happened if Wade missed that 3?

Why are you avoiding this (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=325008&page=2) thread doe?

russwest0
02-08-2014, 12:45 AM
So, what would've happened if Wade missed that 3?

Why are you avoiding this (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=325008&page=2) thread doe?

Alright, I'll hit up that thread and shit on you per request

aj1987
02-08-2014, 12:49 AM
Alright, I'll hit up that thread and shit on you per request
Insulting people without disputing any of their facts makes you look like a 12 year old kid (which you are). Now run along.

UK2K
02-08-2014, 12:54 AM
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

You're making us rationalists look bad.
Lol it looked awfully shady, and i wanted indiana to win.

orange_chicken
02-08-2014, 01:23 AM
If you wager on NBA games for a living then you'd know whether if the league is rigged or not.

russwest0
02-08-2014, 01:27 AM
If you wager on NBA games for a living then you'd know whether if the league is rigged or not.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

mehyaM24
02-08-2014, 01:28 AM
only championship that is tainted is dwhistles 2006...really when you remove that year with an asterisk, there isnt much of a difference between he and byron scott....2nd/3rd best player riding along for championships....

secund2nun
02-08-2014, 02:38 AM

I watched all of the games.

So let me get this straight...Lebron had 27 points 19 rebounds and 10 assists in game 6, after he apparently quit? And Lebron averaged 27-9-7 on 19 shots per game for the entire series (being doubled and tripled) while also shutting down one of the best SFs in the league the entire series AND every single Cavs player was raped in that series except Lebron while Rondo/KG and company destroyed Cleveland?:roll: :roll: :roll:

You must think Lebron is gawd if he can go for 27-19-10 against one of the best teams in the NBA while quitting?

Appreciate the 7 years Lebron gave that hell foresaken franchise. No need to make up lies. It would have been 7 years of lottery picks and Larry Hughes max contracts if not for Lebron.

GrapeApe
02-08-2014, 03:09 AM
only championship that is tainted is dwhistles 2006...really when you remove that year with an asterisk, there isnt much of a difference between he and byron scott....2nd/3rd best player riding along for championships....

Byron Scott? I seriously hope you're trolling or being sarcastic.

As for the '06 finals, why did the "rigging" only start when the Heat were down 0-2 in the series and trailing by 13 points in the fourth quarter? The irony is that if the Mavs had made their free throws down the stretch they would have won. Let me repeat that. The Mavs had multiple chances to ice the game (and essentially the series) AT THE FREE THROW LINE.

El Gato Negro
02-08-2014, 03:26 AM
I watched all of the games.

So let me get this straight...Lebron had 27 points 19 rebounds and 10 assists in game 6, after he apparently quit? And Lebron averaged 27-9-7 on 19 shots per game for the entire series (being doubled and tripled) while also shutting down one of the best SFs in the league the entire series AND every single Cavs player was raped in that series except Lebron while Rondo/KG and company destroyed Cleveland?:roll: :roll: :roll:

You must think Lebron is gawd if he can go for 27-19-10 against one of the best teams in the NBA while quitting?

Appreciate the 7 years Lebron gave that hell foresaken franchise. No need to make up lies. It would have been 7 years of lottery picks and Larry Hughes max contracts if not for Lebron.
Clearly you didn't see the end of the game where mike brown is screaming for the team to foul with a minute and a half left and bron waves him off quitting. there's no defending it, he quit. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-v5qIApQK0c

ILLsmak
02-08-2014, 05:54 AM

why, it's basketball. If there was a non rigged option, that would be different, but there isn't.

-Smak