PDA

View Full Version : Google now allows you to choose "other" as your gender.

Akrazotile
02-08-2014, 12:40 AM
Male
Female
Other

We've officially reached the "silliness horizon" in political correctness. Past this point no common sense can escape.

DonDadda59
02-08-2014, 12:47 AM
Jesus ain't gonna like this. Look for more hurricanes and tornaders, possibly floods in the near future as his response.

Akrazotile
02-08-2014, 12:55 AM
Man in 50 years when testicle removal at birth is a federal mandate, you're going to be WISHING for the jesus days.

chosen_one6
02-08-2014, 12:58 AM
Man in 50 years when testicle removal at birth is a federal mandate, you're going to be WISHING for the jesus days.

You think we're going to be overpopulated in 50 years?

Riley Martin
02-08-2014, 12:59 AM

But then the human race would quickly become extinct and Matthew McConaughey would get his way.

Akrazotile
02-08-2014, 01:08 AM
You think we're going to be overpopulated in 50 years?

No I think it will be decided that because testosterone often leads to bullying, its only fair that nobody should have testicles so that way the weak and timid can't get picked on.

People wonder why Europe is more liberal and feminine than 'Merica. It's because their land has been settled for hundreds and hundreds of years. People who came to America on a ****ing wooden ship before electricity was even invented and had to settle a frontier were tough as shit. They had to be. And it took real men to lead that kind of thing. You think it's cold up in the northeast right now? Imagine having no cars or electricity or supermarkets and have to live through that stuff. And Injun tribes who could show up and scalp you at any minute. You need alphas in your society to be able to survive.

I'm not even kidding, settling colonial America was no joke. There was no time to worry about whether a man slapped his wife around. That same man was probably breaking his back on his farm all day just so that his family could eat. Not sayin I condone domestic violence, just that as we gain more conveniences, our priorities shift toward things that would have been considered insignificantly minor back in the day.

And really, there is no more need for alpha males any more. Land/Nature has been conquered by technology. Men who are aggressive and cutthroat now are less likely to populate, because there are more and more restrictions on that type of behavior and it puts them in jail. I'm not sayin its a good or bad thing, just evolution. In a way its good because obviousuly we don't want people prone to robbery and assault out on the loose, but the flipside of that coin is that the average man has become soooo feminized.

Anyway, my point is, we're eventually one day all going to be unisex robots living on Mars. I think that's pretty well understood.

JohnFreeman
02-08-2014, 01:14 AM
I use other because I am a jedi

Akrazotile
02-08-2014, 01:35 AM
I use other because I am a jedi

That's perfectly understandable.

But Im sayin, some of these dudes select it cause they just tryin to be queer.

Josh
02-08-2014, 01:43 AM
yay! a mini-victory for ya boi, gal, it, starface, he - no they - no longer have to be confused about which gender he truly is and he's grouped into a category he, excuse me she ... excuse me "it" can relate with. Congrat-she-he-it-ulations!

:cheers:

:applause:

*rainbow*

can't we all just get along? doesn't matter - black white - flaming as ****; let the starfaces of the world shine as bright as the girly earrings it supports in both ears, or the clit she claims to possess.

Equal rights for all! Thank you Google!

Akrazotile
02-08-2014, 01:47 AM
yay! a mini-victory starface, he no longer has to be confused about which gender he truly is and he's grouped into a category he, excuse me she ... excuse me "it" can relate with. Congrat-she-he-it-ulations!

:cheers:

*rainbow*

can't we all just get along? doesn't matter - black white - flaming as fucCOLOR="Black"]c[/COLOR]k; let the starfaces shine as bright as the girly ear-rings it supports in both ears, or the clit she claims to possess.

Equal rights for all! Thank you Google!

LOL

might wanna stick a pregnancy test in ur ear dawg, it seems i got you mind raped

Josh
02-08-2014, 01:49 AM
That's perfectly understandable.

But Im sayin, some of these dudes select it cause they just tryin to be queer.

and in your case you don't try, you were just born that way.

Akrazotile
02-08-2014, 01:53 AM
and in your case you don't try, you were just born that way.

Oh no doubt about it dude. 100%

Mr. Jabbar
02-08-2014, 01:53 AM
jameers life just became easier

Trollsmasher
02-08-2014, 01:54 AM
This society:facepalm

Storm is brewing though

Josh
02-08-2014, 01:59 AM
Oh no doubt about it dude. 100%

exactly. your bi-weekly "glamour shots of star3face" post a thon on a board that is 99.9% male tells us so, and then some.

Again, congratulations for letting us know the obvious, captain.

Akrazotile
02-08-2014, 02:05 AM
I mean look the thing is I don't even have a problem with people that choose to be gay or whatever. But for the simple sake of social convenience, when you're filling out a form or something, just ****ing pick whatever gender you at least identify with most. Whatever one that is. But just pick one, so that we can address letters to you as Mr. or Mrs, refer to you as 'he' or 'her' ok?

I mean this f@ggot attention whoring is SO embarrassing. These people are just doing this to DARE others to say 'wtf is this' and then they can scream and cry about political correctness and get all sorts of pats on the back from hipsters and liberals who think mindless 'progressiveness' is some sort of badge of honor.

Google is simply doing this as a way of saying "HEY EVERYONE, WE'RE TOTALLY HIP!" The way people treat minorities these days is like how people treat babies or retarded kids. Giving them all sorts of attention and talking down to them and treating them with patronizing inferiority. "I was very impressed with Quantrell, he was... *wait for it*.... so well spoken!" "You don't want to watch men kiss in public? Wow, I thought this was 2014. Guess there are still jesus loving redneck trailer trash bigots walking around."

So absurd. These days it's cool to be tolerant. Ok, whatever. It is what it is. But the problem is that too many people think "wait a minute, that must mean that the more tolerant I am, the cooler everyone will think I look!" And then that's how we get ridiculous liberal lunacy. Dudes just going way too far, trying to look cool. I swear the next big male fashion trend will be bras and panties.

Riley Martin
02-08-2014, 02:09 AM
I think the option should be "both" rather than "other"... you either identify as male, female or (somehow) a mix of the two so what is this "other" crap?

would you be okay with "both" instead?

longtime lurker
02-08-2014, 02:10 AM
OP is just mad there's no option for him to choose faqqit

Mr. Jabbar
02-08-2014, 02:11 AM
"all of the above" would have been funny

Dresta
02-08-2014, 02:41 AM
To be fair, some people are born not strictly male or female, but some kind of combination of both.

Maybe 'both' would've been better than 'other'

Akrazotile
02-08-2014, 03:03 AM
To be fair, some people are born not strictly male or female, but some kind of combination of both.

Maybe 'both' would've been better than 'other'

Yeah but in those cases people typically identify with one gender more than the other. It's like being right or left handed. Even when the ability to use both is present, one is dominant.

And so for the sake of practicality, these people historically choose one or the other to identify with. They either go in the men's bathroom, or the women's bathroom. They don't stand in the hall and pee in between the two. They put M on their license, or they put F. There's no option for 'Ask me'. They prefer being referred to as 'he' or 'she' because believe me, if you DARE refer to a 'transgender' as "it" you will have a torch-wielding mob outside your door.

I mean, you can't win with this stuff. You try to be tolerant to a degree, but these people demand more and more concessions. Because they know everyone is so afraid these days and nobody's gonna dare be like NAH, **** THAT. YOU GAY. It's like how if a dog thinks you're shook, it keeps barking at you. Political correctness hounds keep pushing the envelope because the world is filled with betas now who figure its safer to just fit in and go with it than to put a foot down and say 'this is really pretty silly, i choose not to recognize this.'

I mean for realz yall. What a freakin world we live in today.

Dresta
02-08-2014, 03:17 AM
I will henceforth refer to them as 'it' :lol

Akrazotile
02-08-2014, 03:26 AM
Yeah, what a shitty world we live where we can't all people "it".

Dude but that's the thing, I steady BEEN calling these people 'it' and I get dirty looks for it, and now all the sudden they're demanding to be called that! Wtf mayne.

Basically they just want to have you say and think things on THEIR terms, and they use the tactic of guilt to control people like that. It's pretty much all about control. Honestly, giving in to all that political correctness, "no jokes allowed" hissy fit mentality, is BETA AS F*CK.

IamRAMBO24
02-08-2014, 03:32 AM
No I think it will be decided that because testosterone often leads to bullying, its only fair that nobody should have testicles so that way the weak and timid can't get picked on.

People wonder why Europe is more liberal and feminine than 'Merica. It's because their land has been settled for hundreds and hundreds of years. People who came to America on a ****ing wooden ship before electricity was even invented and had to settle a frontier were tough as shit. They had to be. And it took real men to lead that kind of thing. You think it's cold up in the northeast right now? Imagine having no cars or electricity or supermarkets and have to live through that stuff. And Injun tribes who could show up and scalp you at any minute. You need alphas in your society to be able to survive.

I'm not even kidding, settling colonial America was no joke. There was no time to worry about whether a man slapped his wife around. That same man was probably breaking his back on his farm all day just so that his family could eat. Not sayin I condone domestic violence, just that as we gain more conveniences, our priorities shift toward things that would have been considered insignificantly minor back in the day.

And really, there is no more need for alpha males any more. Land/Nature has been conquered by technology. Men who are aggressive and cutthroat now are less likely to populate, because there are more and more restrictions on that type of behavior and it puts them in jail. I'm not sayin its a good or bad thing, just evolution. In a way its good because obviousuly we don't want people prone to robbery and assault out on the loose, but the flipside of that coin is that the average man has become soooo feminized.

Anyway, my point is, we're eventually one day all going to be unisex robots living on Mars. I think that's pretty well understood.

joe
02-08-2014, 03:41 AM
Yeah but in those cases people typically identify with one gender more than the other. It's like being right or left handed. Even when the ability to use both is present, one is dominant.

And so for the sake of practicality, these people historically choose one or the other to identify with. They either go in the men's bathroom, or the women's bathroom. They don't stand in the hall and pee in between the two. They put M on their license, or they put F. There's no option for 'Ask me'. They prefer being referred to as 'he' or 'she' because believe me, if you DARE refer to a 'transgender' as "it" you will have a torch-wielding mob outside your door.

I mean, you can't win with this stuff. You try to be tolerant to a degree, but these people demand more and more concessions. Because they know everyone is so afraid these days and nobody's gonna dare be like NAH, **** THAT. YOU GAY. It's like how if a dog thinks you're shook, it keeps barking at you. Political correctness hounds keep pushing the envelope because the world is filled with betas now who figure its safer to just fit in and go with it than to put a foot down and say 'this is really pretty silly, i choose not to recognize this.'

It's just an issue of identity. They don't feel their identity fits either male or female. So why should they have to check a box that claims they are either a male or a female? If you were asked your political affiliation and the only choices were Democrat or Republican, and you were neither, would you want to just select one because that's the only choices? Choose whichever fits best? I doubt it.

I don't care. Let the other box exist.

Myth
02-08-2014, 03:45 AM
Too little too late Google. We won't forgive you based on what you did before :no:

Akrazotile
02-08-2014, 03:57 AM
How many of them do you come into contact with, would you say? Is there a massive population in your city where it's suffocating or do you actively hunt for them so you can fight this social injustice?

Nah I'm sayin if like someone mentions somethin about Rachel Maddow and I'm like "I don't really watch it's show" then peeps be like "watchu mean it"??? And I'm like "yeah, I can't really figure out what it is, so I just call it 'it' ya know?" That's when the jimmies start a-rustlin.

Akrazotile
02-08-2014, 04:02 AM
It's just an issue of identity. They don't feel their identity fits either male or female. So why should they have to check a box that claims they are either a male or a female? If you were asked your political affiliation and the only choices were Democrat or Republican, and you were neither, would you want to just select one because that's the only choices? Choose whichever fits best? I doubt it.

I don't care. Let the other box exist.

So you're saying we need to create new bathrooms for them? And alter drivers license printings? And tiptoe and tapdance every time we're not sure how someone wants to be addressed?

I mean for the sake of simple administrative efficiency, we can't ask the small percentage of people out there who have a gender anomaly to "choose the description below that best describes your no-no zone"??? Seriously, that's such an enormous offense? It's not like anyone's telling them how to live. Simply asking them to choose between the two familiar genders for identification purposes. I don't personally think it's too much to ask.

There are a lot of legal situations where I could cry technicality and say I don't believe in this or that and give reasons I should be exempt etc. and it'll never get recognized. All I'll hear is "tough." But I guess that's because I'm not minority enough :confusedshrug: :rolleyes:

joe
02-08-2014, 05:07 AM
So you're saying we need to create new bathrooms for them? And alter drivers license printings? And tiptoe and tapdance every time we're not sure how someone wants to be addressed?

I don't think you need to tiptoe and tapdance. I've asked transgender people what they like to be called. I do find it funny and strange how some of them perceive the world, but it's also interesting. I also just don't really care. I'm not trying to be the worlds greatest hippie or anything, but they're people who feel ostracized and if they want an other box let them have it. Btw, I'm sure some of them don't even want that option, or don't care themselves- before I make the mistake of painting with too broad a brush.

I just look at it as kinda funny. It's funny that human intelligence can lead us to questions like this. What is gender? How do we categorize ourselves? Overall I just think it's funny and I wouldn't get too up in arms about it.

Dresta
02-08-2014, 05:54 AM

I mean for the sake of simple administrative efficiency, we can't ask the small percentage of people out there who have a gender anomaly to "choose the description below that best describes your no-no zone"??? Seriously, that's such an enormous offense? It's not like anyone's telling them how to live. Simply asking them to choose between the two familiar genders for identification purposes. I don't personally think it's too much to ask.

There are a lot of legal situations where I could cry technicality and say I don't believe in this or that and give reasons I should be exempt etc. and it'll never get recognized. All I'll hear is "tough." But I guess that's because I'm not minority enough :confusedshrug: :rolleyes:

Reminds me of this south park scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKA1i-5GrMg

(couldn't find it in english)

Myth
02-08-2014, 06:05 AM
Reminds me of this south park scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKA1i-5GrMg

(couldn't find it in english)

A Jewphin?

Lawphin?

Akrazotile
02-08-2014, 10:32 PM
lol bump

CelticBaller
02-08-2014, 10:48 PM
Lol this is stupid

Draz
02-08-2014, 10:59 PM
I mean other is like the people who have both female and male traits. I guess they have them their own option.

Myth
02-09-2014, 08:17 PM
I mean other is like the people who have both female and male traits. I guess they have them their own option.

I've known a person who identified as bigendered. Usually went by "she" because of her biological sex to be less confusing for many though.

Nick Young
02-09-2014, 08:33 PM
I've known a person who identified as bigendered. Usually went by "she" because of her biological sex to be less confusing for many though.
that person must have been annoying as hell to be around at all times.:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

ace23
02-09-2014, 08:35 PM
How about those people who don't like to be addressed as he/she/him/her, just "they" or "them"? :oldlol:

Myth
02-09-2014, 09:07 PM
How about those people who don't like to be addressed as he/she/him/her, just "they" or "them"? :oldlol:

Some go by ze or hir as well.

Myth
02-09-2014, 09:07 PM
that person must have been annoying as hell to be around at all times.:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Not at all. Really cool person. Most just thought she was a tomboy and she would roll with that. She was also closeted to most as a bigendered person.

oarabbus
02-09-2014, 09:16 PM
I can't believe OP has his panties in a bunch over Google adding this option

FultzNationRISE
04-15-2021, 03:30 PM
no i think it will be decided that because testosterone often leads to bullying, its only fair that nobody should have testicles so that way the weak and timid can't get picked on.

People wonder why europe is more liberal and feminine than 'merica. It's because their land has been settled for hundreds and hundreds of years. People who came to america on a ****ing wooden ship before electricity was even invented and had to settle a frontier were tough as shit. They had to be. And it took real men to lead that kind of thing. You think it's cold up in the northeast right now? Imagine having no cars or electricity or supermarkets and have to live through that stuff. And injun tribes who could show up and scalp you at any minute. You need alphas in your society to be able to survive.

I'm not even kidding, settling colonial america was no joke. There was no time to worry about whether a man slapped his wife around. That same man was probably breaking his back on his farm all day just so that his family could eat. Not sayin i condone domestic violence, just that as we gain more conveniences, our priorities shift toward things that would have been considered insignificantly minor back in the day.

And really, there is no more need for alpha males any more. Land/nature has been conquered by technology. Men who are aggressive and cutthroat now are less likely to populate, because there are more and more restrictions on that type of behavior and it puts them in jail. I'm not sayin its a good or bad thing, just evolution. In a way its good because obviousuly we don't want people prone to robbery and assault out on the loose, but the flipside of that coin is that the average man has become soooo feminized.

anyway, my point is, we're eventually one day all going to be unisex robots living on mars. I think that's pretty well understood.

NAILED IT. :pimp:

hiphopanonymous
04-15-2021, 05:09 PM
NAILED IT. :pimp:
Why exactly was this a big deal? Who cares

FultzNationRISE
04-15-2021, 05:14 PM
Why exactly was this a big deal? Who cares

Because long ago I predicted humans would one day become non-gendered interstellar hybrids of man and machine.

In 2014, Google listing “other” as a gender denomination was a significant milestone in the progression.

DEAL WITH IT.

Patrick Chewing
04-15-2021, 05:14 PM
This society:facepalm

Storm is brewing though

Nope. Seven years later and it's only gotten worse.

FultzNationRISE
04-15-2021, 05:16 PM
Nope. Seven years later and it's only gotten worse.

And it’s gonna keep getting worser.

Im not sayin I like it. Im sayin it’s INEVITABLE.

hiphopanonymous
04-15-2021, 05:17 PM
Because long ago I predicted humans would one day become non-gendered interstellar hybrids of man and machine.

In 2014, Google listing “other” as a gender denomination was a significant milestone in the progression.

DEAL WITH IT.
Seems to have bothered you for some reason, why? It was a meaningless social media question that hurts nobody and your option wasn't even taken away?

FultzNationRISE
04-15-2021, 05:29 PM
Seems to have bothered you for some reason, why? It was a meaningless social media question that hurts nobody and your option wasn't even taken away?

Did it?

Can you quote the post in which I seemed distressed about it?

hiphopanonymous
04-15-2021, 05:54 PM
Did it?

Can you quote the post in which I seemed distressed about it?
You created this thread to vent how you think it was silly and goes against common sense

Male
Female
Other

We've officially reached the "silliness horizon" in political correctness. Past this point no common sense can escape.
Then you essayed about it.

I mean look the thing is I don't even have a problem with people that choose to be gay or whatever. But for the simple sake of social convenience, when you're filling out a form or something, just ****ing pick whatever gender you at least identify with most. Whatever one that is. But just pick one, so that we can address letters to you as Mr. or Mrs, refer to you as 'he' or 'her' ok?

I mean this f@ggot attention whoring is SO embarrassing. These people are just doing this to DARE others to say 'wtf is this' and then they can scream and cry about political correctness and get all sorts of pats on the back from hipsters and liberals who think mindless 'progressiveness' is some sort of badge of honor.

Google is simply doing this as a way of saying "HEY EVERYONE, WE'RE TOTALLY HIP!" The way people treat minorities these days is like how people treat babies or retarded kids. Giving them all sorts of attention and talking down to them and treating them with patronizing inferiority. "I was very impressed with Quantrell, he was... *wait for it*.... so well spoken!" "You don't want to watch men kiss in public? Wow, I thought this was 2014. Guess there are still jesus loving redneck trailer trash bigots walking around."

So absurd. These days it's cool to be tolerant. Ok, whatever. It is what it is. But the problem is that too many people think "wait a minute, that must mean that the more tolerant I am, the cooler everyone will think I look!" And then that's how we get ridiculous liberal lunacy. Dudes just going way too far, trying to look cool. I swear the next big male fashion trend will be bras and panties.

Then you bumped it 6 years later to give yourself a high five how right you were?

That's a lot of time to spend on a topic that doesn't really matter or even affect you? So a social media platform added another category.. who cares?

FultzNationRISE
04-15-2021, 06:04 PM
Well how bout that. Guess I did offer quite a protracted meditation on the subject.

I guess discussing things helps me canvass the world more accurately, which is something I’m interested in. I think it’s clear in the posts I dont begrudge anyone for their sexuality, which is of course the way your more simplistic mind interpreted it, causing you to rush to the defense.

I tend to like analyzing nuance and challenging convention to see where it might be vulnerable to improvement. Whether it’s new OR old convention.

I’m not the type to adopt a view and not think about it, just bc I hear “x amount of people who hold a masters degree think this, while drop outs are more likely to think that.” I believe thats where you, and many people are more likely to approach things from, which explains why youre particularly prone to misunderstanding my point or intentions.

Nonetheless, the points I made in the thread were quite salient.

As usual ;)

Axe
04-15-2021, 06:11 PM
Well how bout that. Guess I did offer quite a protracted meditation on the subject.

I guess discussing things helps me canvass the world more accurately, which is something I’m interested in. I think it’s clear in the posts I dont begrudge anyone for their sexuality, which is of course the way your more simplistic mind interpreted it, causing you to rush to the defense.

I tend to like analyzing nuance and challenging convention to see where it might be vulnerable to improvement. Whether it’s new OR old convention.

I’m not the type to adopt a view and not think about it, just bc I hear “x amount of people who hold a masters degree think this, while drop outs are more likely to think that.” I believe thats where you, and many people are more likely to approach things from, which explains why youre particularly prone to misunderstanding my point or intentions.

Nonetheless, the points I made in the thread were quite salient.

As usual ;)
Hey, don't you have better things to do than keep on bumping old threads? :whatever:

FultzNationRISE
04-15-2021, 06:21 PM
Hey, don't you have better things to do than keep on bumping old threads? :whatever:

You know something? Youre absolutely right.

Effective immediately, I AM RETIRING FROM INSIDEHOOPS.

So long, boys...

Axe
04-15-2021, 06:44 PM
You know something? Youre absolutely right.

Effective immediately, I AM RETIRING FROM INSIDEHOOPS.

So long, boys...
https://media1.tenor.com/images/6762e9cf6af0686ae43c93872d89aca1/tenor.gif