PDA

View Full Version : What are your expectations for the 2014 Draft?

moe94
02-08-2014, 01:38 PM
http://i.imgur.com/zJQjJUD.jpg

In terms of realistic comparisons for the top 6.

Exum
Smart
Parker
Randle
Wiggins
Embiid

Not sky high potential junk like Wiggins being T-Mac with GOAT defense or Parker being a better Melo or Embiid being Hakeem, unless you expect that stuff, which is fine.

Also, rank them in who you believe will be best to worst.

NumberSix
02-08-2014, 01:41 PM
Overrated draft.

moe94
02-08-2014, 01:44 PM
Overrated draft.

How does one even say this after what is possibly the worst draft ever? :coleman:

KobesFinger
02-08-2014, 01:45 PM
I don't know but I hope Embiid and/or Jabari end up on the Lakers

NumberSix
02-08-2014, 01:48 PM
How does one even say this after what is possibly the worst draft ever? :coleman:
People constantly referring to this as "possibly the greatest draft of all time" is the definition of overrated.

moe94
02-08-2014, 01:50 PM
People constantly referring to this as "possibly the greatest draft of all time" is the definition of overrated.

If everything pans out, still no because 84 is retarded. It could potentially be better than 03 but 96 seems out of reach as well. We'll see, won't we? One thing is for sure, it is easily looking to be as good as 08, at worst.

NumberSix
02-08-2014, 01:52 PM
If everything pans out, still no because 84 is retarded. It could potentially be better than 03 but 96 seems out of reach as well. We'll see, won't we? One thing is for sure, it is easily looking to be as good as 08, at worst.
Devin Durrant. :pimp:

KobesFinger
02-08-2014, 01:55 PM

See, in my post I was going to say I think it could be as good as 2008 but then I looked back at it. MVP Derrick Rose. All Stars Westbrook, Love and Hibbert. After that you have Mayo, Gallinari, the Lopez twins, JJ Hickson, Brandon Rush, Ibaka, Batum, Pekovic, Chalmers, Asik, Jordan and Dragic.

It seems like a very top heavy draft a la 1984 and 2003

KyrieTheFuture
02-08-2014, 01:56 PM
I fully expect two of the top 7 picks to struggle mightily and then bloom in years two or three. Expecting all of them to be good off the bat is quite a stretch.

Whoever goes number one will not win ROY

Whoever wins ROY will not end up being the best player from the draft.

Someone picked after 10 will all of a sudden become a cant miss prospect 20 games in that everyone pretends they had in their personal top 5 players.

Edit: I personally don't think Marcus Smart will be as good as projected. I feel he's overrated.

moe94
02-08-2014, 01:57 PM
I feel you on Smart but let's hope we're wrong^

It seems like a very top heavy draft a la 1984 and 2003

Right, but clearly nowhere near as good at the top. Like at least a tier below. We're talking Jordan/Barkley/Stockton/Dream and LeBron/Wade/Melo/Bosh.

08 is an entire tier below and 2014 is looking as good, if not better.

2008 is pretty damn deep, when you think about it. Christ. Always blows my mind.

NumberSix
02-08-2014, 01:58 PM
What we do know for sure.....

Whoever Cleveland drafts will be a bust or leave.

moe94
02-08-2014, 02:01 PM

Cleveland should be banned from drafts, at this point and I'm only half joking. :coleman:

KyrieTheFuture
02-08-2014, 02:07 PM

I think you mean Orlando.

wally_world
02-08-2014, 02:15 PM

No, we mean Cleveland.

They even found a way to screw up Kyrie :oldlol:

ImKobe
02-08-2014, 02:19 PM
This draft will be huge for Kobe's career, if we pick the right guy, we could be contenders before he retires.

Le Shaqtus
02-08-2014, 02:21 PM

We don't draft busts :oldlol:

moe94
02-08-2014, 02:23 PM
This draft will be huge for Kobe's career, if we pick the right guy, we could be contenders before he retires.

Kobe is done, homie.

Olacinco
I expect the Lakers to get a higher draft pick than they should :facepalm

Jameerthefear
Lol no. They mean Cleveland bud.

KyrieTheFuture
We don't draft busts :oldlol:
If we're all gonna act like trolls in this thread...

At least we aren't the Lakers training ground, keep sending em your players.

Really though I'm not sure how we got this label but people love to hate Cleveland for whatever reason.

moe94
02-08-2014, 02:25 PM

http://dmv.barstoolsports.com/files/2013/12/woah1.gif

Got em

Jameerthefear
02-08-2014, 02:25 PM

Really though I'm not sure how we got this label but people love to hate Cleveland for whatever reason.
One player has been 'sent' to LA in our 25 year existence. Keep wasting these top 5 picks though. Works out well for us (you draft Bennet and we'll draft Dipo.)

Le Shaqtus
02-08-2014, 02:27 PM

I'm not trolling, we don't draft busts.

We lost some good players, who doesn't :confusedshrug: Just because we haven't won a title doesn't mean we're a shit franchise. We also don't constantly get top 10 picks and having nothing to show for it season after season.

moe94
02-08-2014, 02:30 PM
One player has been 'sent' to LA in our 25 year existence. Keep wasting these top 5 picks though. Works out well for us (you draft Bennet and we'll draft Dipo.)

Yeah, just two of the best centers of their generation went to LA from Orlando. No biggie.

Le Shaqtus
02-08-2014, 02:31 PM
Yeah, just two of the best centers of their generation went to LA from Orlando. No biggie.

Yeah I hear that second center worked out really well for them, I wonder if he's still with LA? :facepalm

KyrieTheFuture
I can debunk every single "bust" pick you think we've made but I don't think you're interested in being proven wrong you'd rather just troll so I'll play along.

Enjoy being the Clippers of Florida and forever being the little brother to the Miami Heat.

moe94
Yeah I hear that second center worked out really well for them, I wonder if he's still with LA? :facepalm

Still happened doe :coleman:

Le Shaqtus
02-08-2014, 02:34 PM
I can debunk every single "bust" pick you think we've made but I don't think you're interested in being proven wrong you'd rather just troll so I'll play along.

Enjoy being the Clippers of Florida and forever being the little brother to the Miami Heat.

Good thing I give a shit.

Jameerthefear
02-08-2014, 02:36 PM
How'd that turn out? Who has the better future? (He was traded btw).

Jameerthefear
02-08-2014, 02:37 PM

Sure you can. Have fun being... Cleveland.

KyrieTheFuture
02-08-2014, 02:41 PM
Good thing I give a shit.
Then why respond?

At least we can acknowledge failure unlike you for some reason.

And keep dreaming if you think the next 10 years are going to be brighter for Orlando than for LA. I would love it if LA sucked but that's simply not going to happen.

Le Shaqtus
02-08-2014, 02:43 PM
Lets not pretend the Magic have been a shitty franchise since their conception. Since 1989 we've been in the playoffs more than half of our time in the league, won numerous division titles and a couple conference titles and two finals appearances. We're not the best, we're certainly far from the worst.

Our record with the Heat is 54-44, of course the gap has widened since we're crap right now and the Heat are good. But let's not pretend we've been getting our asses handed to us by the Heat since we came into the league.

Jameerthefear
02-08-2014, 02:44 PM
Then why respond?

At least we can acknowledge failure unlike you for some reason.

And keep dreaming if you think the next 10 years are going to be brighter for Orlando than for LA. I would love it if LA sucked but that's simply not going to happen.
LA sucks right now and they have Kobe tied up for 2 more. They will suck. They don't have the magical GM that got them there. He's dead. Orlando's players show improvement every game. Our pick gets better and better. Anthony Bennet is so damn bad you guys were orgasming over him having a 10 point game. Bust.

Jameerthefear
02-08-2014, 02:45 PM
Lets not pretend the Magic have been a shitty franchise since their conception. Since 1989 we've been in the playoffs more than half of our time in the league, won numerous division titles and a couple conference titles and two finals appearances. We're not the best, we're certainly far from the worst.

Our record with the Heat is 54-44, of course the gap has widened since we're crap right now and the Heat are good. But let's not pretend we've been getting our asses handed to us by the Heat since we came into the league.
This. After the Heat won the championship in 06 we were the superior team for a long time. Couple years once Orlando gets some rings it won't look as one sided.

moe94
02-08-2014, 02:47 PM
Can we talk about the draft? What's with this contest of who's more pathetic?

Embiid? Guys...Embiid!

KyrieTheFuture
02-08-2014, 02:49 PM
Can we talk about the draft? What's with this contest of who's more pathetic?

Embiid? Guys...Embiid!
Nobody wanted to respond to my draft predictions just make fun of me :cry:

Really though is Embiid a lock to even leave school? I thought I heard he was considering staying.

Le Shaqtus
02-08-2014, 02:55 PM
I wouldn't take Embiid since we already have a decent center.

I'd rather take Wiggins, I'm still high on his potential.

moe94
02-08-2014, 02:56 PM
You just high, Shaqtus. You take Embiid, regardless at this point. I'm a major Wiggins guy myself.

KyrieTheFuture
02-08-2014, 02:57 PM
I wouldn't take Embiid since we already have a decent center.

I'd rather take Wiggins, I'm still high on his potential.
I'm abroad so I haven't had a chance to watch much college ball, I just watch Cuse, what has happened that Wiggins is dropping from favor? Is his mentality too laid back for some scouts liking?

moe94
02-08-2014, 02:58 PM
He's been beasting lately, Kyrie and that hype is coming back.

Le Shaqtus
02-08-2014, 03:08 PM
I'm abroad so I haven't had a chance to watch much college ball, I just watch Cuse, what has happened that Wiggins is dropping from favor? Is his mentality too laid back for some scouts liking?

Other players have just been playing better than Wiggins right now, Wiggins is more of a team player as opposed to players like Parker or Randle shooting to get their own points.

Embiid is the safest pick obviously, he's a 7 footer and even though he's only been balling a few years he's got a good game.

I like Smart but he's been only a slump lately... I'd take him if we didn't already have Oladipo.

KyrieTheFuture
02-08-2014, 03:11 PM
Other players have just been playing better than Wiggins right now, Wiggins is more of a team player as opposed to players like Parker or Randle shooting to get their own points.

Embiid is the safest pick obviously, he's a 7 footer and even though he's only been balling a few years he's got a good game.

I like Smart but he's been only a slump lately... I'd take him if we didn't already have Oladipo.
Seems like a good thing :confusedshrug:

Would your ideal situation be Wiggins or Embiid and trade Vucevic for a wing? Also, are you a part of the Magic fans who want to trade Afflalo?

mr.big35
02-08-2014, 03:41 PM
this draft will be like 2012 class. couple of solid all star level players and rest decent players

Le Shaqtus
02-08-2014, 03:42 PM
Seems like a good thing :confusedshrug:

Would your ideal situation be Wiggins or Embiid and trade Vucevic for a wing? Also, are you a part of the Magic fans who want to trade Afflalo?

I would definitely trade AA, but I feel Vuc is good enough that if we can get a potential star in the SF position I think we'll be on the right track.

So I would still go with Wiggins if we get the chance.

Milbuck
02-08-2014, 03:48 PM
I don't know why, but I'm really, really excited for Exum. Embiid too, but that's for obvious reasons. Even if all the other top prospects bust big-time, I wouldn't really be that disappointed unless Exum busts.

That lightning quick first step is pretty incredible.

HOoopCityJones
02-08-2014, 04:38 PM
Exum will force his way to the Lakers.

So...

fiddy
02-08-2014, 06:03 PM
The irony :roll:

Carter_17
02-10-2014, 12:36 AM
Randle is overated. He should get picked at 8-10.
Exum will win rookie of the year.
Embid's year will depend on how good perimeter players his team will have.
Parker will get drafted after Wiggins but he will end up with better numbers than him.