PDA

View Full Version : LOL @ People thinking the Warriors were contenders

SacJB Shady
02-09-2014, 04:53 AM
The Warriors are a good team. But all this crap about they are a playoffs team is nonsense. They faced Denver who missed their leading scorer and then surprised the Spurs for a couple games. Hell, they almost blew their 16 point lead in that last game vs the Nuggets. The Warriors are doing fine. They are where they are supposed to be. Anything over 45 wins is acceptable. They are a 7-9 seed, no doubt. Not sure why people overrated them. They got Iggy, but lost Jack & Landry. That was a big mistake.

buddha
02-09-2014, 04:55 AM
if they get hot they can beat anyone in the playoffs in a 7 game series.

Iggy is useless on that team though. Bad signing, he can't hit threes and they don't need his ball handling. They should trade him, Luol Deng would be a much better fit.

poido123
02-09-2014, 04:56 AM
A better team than last year, who went toe to toe with the spurs and had them shook by the end of a six game series?

I think they are still contenders, maybe just battling with a bit of laziness.

Perhaps they are a team that wakes up when it counts more.

Milbuck
02-09-2014, 04:58 AM
Dude you're irrelevant. We've all had our laughs about your team-hopping crap, but they're done. Try to find something new to entertain us with.

poido123
02-09-2014, 05:03 AM
Dude you're irrelevant. We've all had our laughs about your team-hopping crap, but they're done. Try to find something new to entertain us with.

He's Gil Gunderson the used Car Saleman from the simpsons :pimp:

JohnFreeman
02-09-2014, 05:04 AM
Shady, do not claim to be a Kings fan when we are winning chips

KobesFinger
02-09-2014, 05:06 AM
http://insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=325036

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/4f/P_culture.svg/400px-P_culture.svg.png

Droid101
02-09-2014, 05:06 AM
Iggy is useless on that team though. Bad signing, he can't hit threes
You are dumb as hell. He's shooting 39% from three on the season.

ImKobe
02-09-2014, 05:07 AM
I don't think they were seriously viewed as a contender for an NBA Championship. They've been a popular team because they're fun to watch, but in terms of them beating the Spurs, Thunder, Pacers or the Heat? No fricken way.

JohnFreeman
02-09-2014, 05:09 AM
Iggy was a great pick up for the Warriors? Imagine if the warriors somehow sign Love

DMAVS41
02-09-2014, 05:18 AM
Iggy was a great pick up for the Warriors? Imagine if the warriors somehow sign Love

they should trade for him. Lee/Barnes/Green and a first round pick for Love/Brewer

Honestly...it's a good deal for the Wolves. They shed the Brewer contract and they get back two young quality players and an all star type pf locked in for 2.5 more years.

They are committed to trying to win now in Minny...and it sounds like Love is gone for sure.

So that deal allows them to still compete for the playoffs (I actually like their team better with that deal) and get a first round pick out of it.

JohnFreeman
02-09-2014, 05:26 AM
they should trade for him. Lee/Barnes/Green and a first round pick for Love/Brewer

Honestly...it's a good deal for the Wolves. They shed the Brewer contract and they get back two young quality players and an all star type pf locked in for 2.5 more years.

They are committed to trying to win now in Minny...and it sounds like Love is gone for sure.

So that deal allows them to still compete for the playoffs (I actually like their team better with that deal) and get a first round pick out of it.
If Warriors got Love and Brewer that would be ridiculous.

poido123
02-09-2014, 05:28 AM
If Warriors got Love and Brewer that would be ridiculous.

From a Warriors standpoint, it would probably affect their ability to win this year with such big changes.

I could be wrong.

LoneyROY7
02-09-2014, 05:30 AM

That's a great trade for both teams.

JohnFreeman
02-09-2014, 05:30 AM
From a Warriors standpoint, it would probably affect their ability to win this year with such big changes.

I could be wrong.
I am not sure what the Warriors goals are, surely not to win a chip this year?

poido123
02-09-2014, 07:27 AM
I am not sure what the Warriors goals are, surely not to win a chip this year?

Dude they have the talent and the type of players to win it all.

I liked that they could perform under pressure in last year's playoffs. Particularly Curry.

I put money of them the start of this season, I still think they can get it together. They need everyone healthy and playing well together though.

Hopefully the coach can encourage the team to run more post play through Bogut. They don't use him enough, he's a good passer out of the post too.

Curry can overshoot too. We all know he's a great shooter, but you need to play inside out more often.

i put money on the Bulls too, Rose going down killed that bet :lol

JohnFreeman
02-09-2014, 07:33 AM

I liked that they could perform under pressure in last year's playoffs. Particularly Curry.

I put money of them the start of this season, I still think they can get it together. They need everyone healthy and playing well together though.

Hopefully the coach can encourage the team to run more post play through Bogut. They don't use him enough, he's a good passer out of the post too.

Curry can overshoot too. We all know he's a great shooter, but you need to play inside out more often.

Did you put money on them winning the chip?

LONGTIME
02-09-2014, 07:37 AM

To what? Make the second round?

poido123
02-09-2014, 07:41 AM
Did you put money on them winning the chip?

Yes.

30 on Bulls at 11-1
10 on Nets at 12-1
20 on Warriors at 22-1
5 on Clips at 13-1

Bulls and Nets are more than likely dead. Nets very slim chance.

Clips and Warriors still a good chance.

poido123
02-09-2014, 07:42 AM
To what? Make the second round?

Hey man, it's my opinion. :confusedshrug:

You and I know Warriors are a dangerous team and no team will want to face them in the playoffs.

SacJB Shady
02-09-2014, 07:48 AM
The Warriors are tied for last basically in the playoff spot. They are a potential playoff team. That's if Memphis doesn't get hot more.

JohnFreeman
02-09-2014, 07:59 AM
Warriors probably could do well against OKC. Bully Ibaka and Porkins down low

sportjames23
02-09-2014, 09:43 AM
The Warriors are tied for last basically in the playoff spot. They are a potential playoff team. That's if Memphis doesn't get hot more.

Now you rockin a Lebron avatar?

:facepalm

kurple
02-09-2014, 10:09 AM
i'm glad we're not the ones paying iggy 13mill a year until he's 33

still miss his defense. letting the pistons score 126 :facepalm

Le Shaqtus
02-09-2014, 11:25 AM
OP goes where the winners are though.

Don't worry you still have the Heat.

icewill36
02-09-2014, 12:23 PM
Carl landry >>>>>> iggy

Johnny Jones
02-09-2014, 12:27 PM
shut the phuck up shady

Cone
02-09-2014, 12:33 PM
Im not sure if they are massively underachieving or this is just who they are. They got the best starting 5, are good defensively, yet they are 30-21. It just feels like they should be much better