PDA

View Full Version : Marcus Smart was the shooter in the grassy knoll

TMac&Luther
02-09-2014, 06:23 AM
:rolleyes:

Holy shit. This is why people hate ESPN (Drama much?..can't wait to see how FT spins this non issue). I tuned into sportscenter to see highlights of today's games (especially the Rockets game since we're still dealing with the comcast sports net debacle) and for two hours straight +, I'm dealt with the most overblown story of the freaking year.

They act like Smart assassinated a fan.. I grew up with two sisters who I pushed harder than he pushed that fan on almost a daily basis. Give me a freaking break. These morons are actually comparing this to the malice in the palace.

ESPN.. if you don't have a story.... create one. :facepalm

Pushxx
02-09-2014, 07:01 AM
ESPN has been insufferable for like...10 years.

Pretty sure most of ISH is in agreement. Just get your news from Jeff on ISH.

Ratnik
02-09-2014, 07:18 AM
video?

Olacinco
02-09-2014, 09:29 AM
They act like Smart assassinated a fan.. I grew up with two sisters who I fukked harder than he fukked that fan on almost a daily basis. Give me a freaking break. These morons are actually comparing this to the malice in the palace.

Ewwwww dude

Brook(lyn)Lopez
02-09-2014, 09:33 AM
Hitting girls?
What kind of a man are you?
Pick on someone with your same genitals, pathetic whiners like Dwight and Harden must be good role models for people like you.

KyrieTheFuture
02-09-2014, 09:46 AM
You sound like an abusive person

nathanjizzle
02-09-2014, 09:58 AM
The guy obviously said something extremely offensive to smart, because when smart got in his face, you could lip read the guy saying "sorry about that"

its really not that big of a deal, someone crossed the line, and got pushed, all is even.

HOoopCityJones
02-09-2014, 10:20 AM
ESPN loses all credibility after this.

Telling the viewers "It doesn't matter what he said" to Smart, yea right.

The dude should of been ejected, but if people are talking crazy.
(which this specific fan has a history of doing) then they should be ready for what comes next.

longtime lurker
02-09-2014, 12:50 PM
ESPN loses all credibility after this.

Telling the viewers "It doesn't matter what he said" to Smart, yea right.

The dude should of been ejected, but if people are talking crazy.
(which this specific fan has a history of doing) then they should be ready for what comes next.

It never ceases to amaze how much people defend ignorance and blatant racism then blow up over stuff like Richard Sherman.

Jameerthefear
02-09-2014, 01:00 PM
Hitting girls?
Pick on someone with your same genitals, pathetic whiners like Dwight and Harden must be good role models for people like you.
:facepalm you've never hit your sister before. this dude

YouGotServed
02-09-2014, 01:09 PM
Don't be a cheapskate, just get Comcast.

demons2005
02-09-2014, 01:26 PM
lol of course not people on the internet are all goodytwoshoes never hit their sisters/wife it's just everyone whos NOT on the internet that gets angry sometime.

TMac&Luther
02-09-2014, 01:28 PM
Hitting girls?

Hey retard.. Please quote where I ever said I hit girls. Being the youngest of 3 with two older sadistic sisters growing up, you're damn right I pushed those crazy bitches growing up (fight or flight). We're cool today, but it doesn't mean we didn't have our battles growing up jackass. :facepalm All siblings regardless of sex have battles growing up.

Anyways (and this is coming from a white guy).. I wonder how this story would've been covered if Smart shoved another black man and not a fat old white man. I'm going to go out on a limb and say it wouldn't be blown up as the story that it is now.

bootsy
02-09-2014, 03:52 PM
:rolleyes:

Holy shit. This is why people hate ESPN (Drama much?..can't wait to see how FT spins this non issue). I tuned into sportscenter to see highlights of today's games (especially the Rockets game since we're still dealing with the comcast sports net debacle) and for two hours straight +, I'm dealt with the most overblown story of the freaking year.

They act like Smart assassinated a fan.. I grew up with two sisters who I pushed harder than he pushed that fan on almost a daily basis. Give me a freaking break. These morons are actually comparing this to the malice in the palace.

I agree. They really made this story way bigger than it needed to be. Showing it 8000 times and interviewing everyone on the planet about it.

oarabbus
02-09-2014, 07:42 PM
Hey retard.. Please quote where I ever said I hit girls. Being the youngest of 3 with two older sadistic sisters growing up, you're damn right I pushed those crazy bitches growing up (fight or flight). We're cool today, but it doesn't mean we didn't have our battles growing up jackass. :facepalm All siblings regardless of sex have battles growing up.

Anyways (and this is coming from a white guy).. I wonder how this story would've been covered if Smart shoved another black man and not a fat old white man. I'm going to go out on a limb and say it wouldn't be blown up as the story that it is now.

Agree with both.

FreezingTsmoove
02-09-2014, 07:50 PM

:facepalm Anytime a future nba player shoves another fan its going to get blown up regardless of race. Hell it would be an even bigger story because smart shoving a fellow brother would be hilarious

longtime lurker
02-09-2014, 07:55 PM

I didn't want to into this but it seems that the optics of black athletes showing any type of aggression causes people to lose their mind. I've seen hockey players display real goon behavior and go after fans and nobody ever bats an eyelash. There could have been an honest discussion and fan behavior and the boundaries of whats acceptable, but it always takes a predictable turn. I wonder if things have to get as bad as European soccer before people start holding fans accountable for their actions.

MavsSuperFan
02-09-2014, 08:26 PM
You guys are surprised that ESPN is reacting this way?

Are you guys from america?
look I think morally smart didnt do anything wrong. But if you all expected less of a reaction from the media I question how long you have lived in America.

This is a country that always punishes the guy that threw the first punch/other form of a physical attack (even though it was just a push). Almost without regard to the provocation before hand.

Sometimes I question if everyone on ISH is from another country for something. Like the people who were surprised at how hibbert's no homo comment was treated by the media.

Rik Smits' Hair
02-09-2014, 08:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5tqqJ_h7ak&feature=youtu.be

Guess I'll post it here as well.

Guy clearly called him a piece of crap. Smart is a headcase and a liar

TheMarkMadsen
02-09-2014, 08:27 PM
He called Smart a "piece of crap"

oarabbus
02-09-2014, 08:30 PM
I didn't want to into this but it seems that the optics of black athletes showing any type of aggression causes people to lose their mind. I've seen hockey players display real goon behavior and go after fans and nobody ever bats an eyelash. There could have been an honest discussion and fan behavior and the boundaries of whats acceptable, but it always takes a predictable turn. I wonder if things have to get as bad as European soccer before people start holding fans accountable for their actions.

This is very true as well. It could be that nobody gives a sh1t about Hockey... but take a look at the Ritchie Incognito scandal. It was already pretty big as it was, but can you imagine if Incognito was black?

That being said, it's a separate matter than the issue at hand. Smart really overreacted crazily considering all the fan did was call him a piece of crap.

Miller for 3
02-09-2014, 08:34 PM

Why don't you try hitting me tough guy? I'm 6-6 230, I would destroy u little man. Hitting girls is what punk a$$ pu$$y b1tches do. You are a punk a$$ tiny man, and I would smack ur sht1t around if I saw u hitting a girl.

MavsSuperFan
02-09-2014, 08:34 PM
This is very true as well. It could be that nobody gives a sh1t about Hockey... but take a look at the Ritchie Incognito scandal. It was already pretty big as it was, but can you imagine if Incognito was black?

That being said, it's a separate matter than the issue at hand. Smart really overreacted crazily considering all the fan did was call him a piece of crap.
IF thats really all it was (and I find that a little hard to believe that a human would react to being called a piece of crap that much) smart is going to have a hard life.

moe94
02-09-2014, 08:37 PM
Why don't you try hitting me tough guy? I'm 6-6 230, I would destroy u little man. Hitting girls is what punk a$$ pu$$y b1tches do. You are a punk a$$ tiny man, and I would smack ur sht1t around if I saw u hitting a girl.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnj31bbqUj1qm00hqo1_250.gif

Easy there, Commando. I hope this was an ironic post. You still huffing gas or glue? Which gives you the greater high?

Rik Smits' Hair
02-09-2014, 08:37 PM
IF thats really all it was (and I find that a little hard to believe that a human would react to being called a piece of crap that much) smart is going to have a hard life.

Watch the video. You hear the fan say it.

MavsSuperFan
02-09-2014, 08:39 PM
Watch the video. You hear the fan say it.
Yeah I just watched the video.

I think he said "you piece of crap" now.

Wow I got to say I am surprised. Didnt Smart say the guy used the N-word?

Jameerthefear
02-09-2014, 08:42 PM
I am very educated in all types of jutsu (ninjutsu, taijutsu, genjutsu). I have vast knowledge of the rasengan and all types available. One frog summoning and you'll be out like a light.

sportjames23
02-09-2014, 08:50 PM

Exactly.

OldSchoolBBall
02-09-2014, 09:34 PM
Do people really believe that a fan would be dumb enough to holler the "N" word with so many other black fans and players in the vicinity? I doubt it. And unless the fan said that word or something else similarly racist, Smart's actions were indefensible.

oarabbus
02-09-2014, 09:35 PM

Aren't you a Chris Brown fan?