PDA

View Full Version : Kobe is the most overrated player of all time

Pages : [1] 2

rlsmooth775
02-09-2014, 01:21 PM
Out of all the Superstar players with Championships he is the most overrated. Kobe is probably the greatest volume shooter of all time. He doesn't have the great efficiency like other superstar perimeter players he's compared to Like Lebron James, Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, and he doesn't rebound or assist as much as those guys. If you look up his best games most of them are against mediocre teams in the regular season and he also chucked the ball over 30 and 40 times multiple times in his career

Jameerthefear
02-09-2014, 01:25 PM
I agree.

Boarder Patrol
02-09-2014, 01:31 PM
I agree.

Please change your avatar. You're asking to get flamed and abused.

I disagree. 5 rings, 1 MVP, 2x FMVP, tons of all-Defense and all-NBA teams, etc. Also some of the best playoff series of all time. He's not my favorite player and a few aspects of his game get overrated (some of those defensive awards weren't deserved, he's only above average in the clutch, nothing crazy).

tmacattack33
02-09-2014, 01:32 PM
He's overrated by casual fans, for sure.

Hardcore fans know what's up, and give him his rightful respect but know that his true value is not as high as it is amongst casual fans and the general population.

I'd say Iverson is more overrated in this way though. And Derrick Rose.

Akrazotile
Amen brother.

Finally a thread worth reading.

Big#50

I disagree. 5 rings, 1 MVP, 2x FMVP, tons of all-Defense and all-NBA teams, etc. Also some of the best playoff series of all time. He's not my favorite player and a few aspects of his game get overrated (some of those defensive awards weren't deserved, he's only above average in the clutch, nothing crazy).
He is overrated when people say he is better than Shaq and Duncan. That's it. He is a top 12 player ever.

rlsmooth775
02-09-2014, 01:34 PM

Kobe won a ring averaging 15 points on 37% shooting he got rewarded with rings playing like crap also game 7 2010 finals his famous 6 for 24 performance dude is the most overrated of all time

T_L_P
02-09-2014, 01:34 PM

Hardcore fans know what's up, and give him his rightful respect but know that his true value is not as high as it is amongst casual fans and the general population.

Exactly my thoughts :cheers:

ArbitraryWater
02-09-2014, 01:38 PM
This guy gets constantly compared to Jordan and people have him Top 10. He's overrated. Still Top 15 though.

ImKobe
02-09-2014, 01:39 PM
Reported for troll thread.

Jameerthefear
02-09-2014, 01:39 PM

I've been here a lot longer then you. I've had avatars like this in the past.

Kobe's greatest playoff series start to look rather pedestrian when you see the defenses, his finals performances, and when you start comparing them to ACTUAL top 10 players (Kobe isn't a top 10 player alltime).

Shade8780
02-09-2014, 01:42 PM
Inb4 the shit storm of Kobe stans.

AirFederer
02-09-2014, 02:03 PM
He is overrated when people say he is better than Shaq and Duncan. That's it. He is a top 12 player ever.
I think you nailed it pretty much.

HOoopCityJones
02-09-2014, 02:05 PM
Ni99as still but hurt Kobe been phucking their Teams for years, that's all this "Most overrated player of all time" BS is.

When he was winning rings in 2010 , all of these Kobe criticizers were Ghost.

Some of them probably former Laker bandwagoners at that.

How many of you have Kobe's profile on Basketball reference at the ready to point out any flaw in his game? That's alota dedication for a player that's supposedly overrated.

You know who's overrated? James Harden. But you don't see 1,000 threads and posts about him a day.

andgar923
02-09-2014, 02:10 PM
Overrated by the fact that he gets called the "Best closer in the game" "All NBA Defensive 1st team" selections, people credit him with the rings, people list him in the top 10, best scorer of all time, etc.etc

He's overrated due to the hyperbole that's spewed without actual data to back it up. Actually the facts point otherwise.

He's not a top 10 player all time

He was never the clear cut consensus best player either.

By these and other metrics he's overrated.

HOoopCityJones
02-09-2014, 02:10 PM
Overrated by the fact that he gets called the "Best closer in the game" "All NBA Defensive 1st team" selections, people credit him with the rings, people list him in the top 10, best scorer of all time, etc.etc

He's overrated due to the hyperbole that's spewed without actual data to back it up. Actually the facts point otherwise.

He's not a top 10 player all time

He was never the clear cut consensus best player either.

By these and other metrics he's overrated.

So where's Kobe fall bro? since he's so overrated? :facepalm

aau
02-09-2014, 02:14 PM
Ni99as still but hurt Kobe been phucking their Teams for years, that's all this "Most overrated player of all time" BS is.

When he was winning rings in 2010 , all of these Kobe criticizers were Ghost.

Some of them probably former Laker bandwagoners at that.

How many of you have Kobe's profile on Basketball reference at the ready to point out any flaw in his game? That's alota dedication for a player that's supposedly overrated.

You know who's overrated? James Harden. But you don't see 1,000 threads and posts about him a day.

luv your style , don't get caught up with nonsense

let these cats circle-jerk themselves to death

this is like the 8th class of haters

most never graduate

Milbuck
02-09-2014, 02:17 PM
He's overrated by any dumbass who desperately wants him to be MJ. He will never be MJ.

But aside from that, no. I think people have forgotten just how freakin good this guy was. It really sucks that his absolute peak as a player was wasted by playing with lumps of shit. Most people here only remember the broken down, one-dimensional Kobe who conserved energy for offense and played pitiful defense, the one we've been seeing for the past couple years. Kobe from 2001-2008 was just phenomenal, one of the best 2-way players ever. That Kobe deserves some respect.

Illuminati
02-09-2014, 02:19 PM
Cosign.

HOoopCityJones
02-09-2014, 02:19 PM
He's overrated by any dumbass who desperately wants him to be MJ. He will never be MJ.

But aside from that, no. I think people have forgotten just how freakin good this guy was. It really sucks that his absolute peak as a player was wasted by playing with lumps of shit.

The ni99a was just destroying their Teams a year ago.

They know what they're saying man.

Foos probably prayed and danced for the rain god when Kobe went down with the Achilles injury. :roll:

Now it's easy to talk shit.

IMObjective
02-09-2014, 02:23 PM

But aside from that, no. I think people have forgotten just how freakin good this guy was. It really sucks that his absolute peak as a player was wasted by playing with lumps of shit. Most people here only remember the broken down, one-dimensional Kobe who conserved energy for offense and played pitiful defense, the one we've been seeing for the past couple years. Kobe from 2001-2008 was just phenomenal, one of the best 2-way players ever. That Kobe deserves some respect.
:bowdown: :applause: beautifully written. and so true.

FKAri
02-09-2014, 02:25 PM
Amen brother.

Finally a thread worth reading.

Jan 2014. Clearly this is NOT somebody's alt.

Jameerthefear
02-09-2014, 02:28 PM
The ni99a was just destroying their Teams a year ago.

They know what they're saying man.

Foos probably prayed and danced for the rain god when Kobe went down with the Achilles injury. :roll:

Now it's easy to talk shit.
Kobe is not top 10. You mad?

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-09-2014, 02:32 PM
Kobe is definitely the most overrated player of all time. That said, I think the lowest you can rank him is 11-12. I have him at 10.

Milbuck
When did you become such a shit poster? I vaguely remember you being decent when I was lurking.

HOoopCityJones

:applause: Bravo, you know what Basketball is son.

SamuraiSWISH
02-09-2014, 02:33 PM
Don't get retarded. No player in the top 25 all-time is "overrated" ... take that hipster basketball agenda elsewhere. Talking gaga. He's probably the best guard since Jordan. At the least tied for 2nd best SG all-time with Jerry West. And one of the top five most defining players from his era. He's been relevant as one of the game's best players since 2001. Junior Mints Jordan.

AnaheimLakers24
02-09-2014, 02:35 PM
kobe

gts
02-09-2014, 02:37 PM
Funny how the most overrated player of all time can generate this hooptedoodle from his detractors on a daily basis... :lol

Jameerthefear
02-09-2014, 02:39 PM
When did you become such a shit poster? I vaguely remember you being decent when I was lurking.
:confusedshrug:

The JKidd Kid
02-09-2014, 02:42 PM

I'd say Iverson is more overrated in this way though. And Derrick Rose.

I agree. It's ridiculous when people say he's better than Duncan or Shaq or even Lebron for that matter but he's still one of the greatest of all time.

HOoopCityJones
02-09-2014, 02:43 PM

Sup wit you and little girls bro?

Where's the Attack On Titan, Magi and One Piece Ava's?? :lol

I agree. It's ridiculous when people say he's better than Duncan or Shaq or even Lebron for that matter but he's still one of the greatest of all time.

Ive come to terms with the fact none of you would say this shit in public.

NO BASKETBALL fan, legend or Coach has Duncan over Kobe, maybe media stat geeks , like Bill Simmons and Henry Abbot, but give em a break they just gained the ability to trash Kobe's game and not look like delusional hacks.

IMObjective
02-09-2014, 02:45 PM
Hey man, ive seen a lot of your posts from the last year and i know you didn't troll laker fans before the whole dwight thing. I get it, a lot of laker fans here talked shit and tried to clown the guy you stan for, and that kind of shit can really make a guy burn up. But i think thats mostly stopped now, and i know that you used to admire kobe so you should let go too. And for the record, i'm a laker fan and i've always been a fan of dwights game and really wish he would've stayed.

SamuraiSWISH
02-09-2014, 02:46 PM
Kobe from 2001 - 2013 was a top five player in the league.
He was the best from 2006 - 2008.
He has an MVP, 2x Fmvp, 2x Olympic Gold Medals, 2x Scoring Titles, and 5 championships.

Only on ISH would someone dare make the claim he's overrated. He's quite clearly at worst top 12 of all-time. How on earth is he overrated? I get he's had annoying stans on basketball websites since the early 2000s. But you can't use that to take away his rep.

Heavincent
02-09-2014, 02:52 PM
The only people who consider him overrated are armchair basketball "analysts" on the internet.

IMObjective
He has an MVP, 2x Fmvp, 2x Olympic Gold Medals, 2x Scoring Titles, and 5 championships.

Only on ISH would someone dare make the claim he's overrated. He's quite clearly at worst top 12 of all-time. How on earth is he overrated? I get he's had annoying stans on basketball websites since the early 2000s. But you can't use that to take away his rep.
Great new avatar :lol :roll:

aau

that side of the mouth talk is for swishes

Jameerthefear
02-09-2014, 02:54 PM
Hey man, ive seen a lot of your posts from the last year and i know you didn't troll laker fans before the whole dwight thing. I get it, a lot of laker fans here talked shit and tried to clown the guy you stan for, and that kind of shit can really make a guy burn up. But i think thats mostly stopped now, and i know that you used to admire kobe so you should let go too. And for the record, i'm a laker fan and i've always been a fan of dwights game and really wish he would've stayed.
i don't stan for any players.

SamuraiSWISH
02-09-2014, 02:55 PM
Some of things said on ISH, if uttered at say a pick up game while you're waiting to get on would get these type of looks due to your personal stupidity, trying to sound intelligent:

http://replygif.net/thumbnail/204.gif

HOoopCityJones
02-09-2014, 02:56 PM
Some of things said on ISH, if uttered at say a pick up game while you're waiting to get on would get these type of looks due to your personal stupidity, trying to sound intelligent:

I promise you they don't talk this crazy in real life.

That alone brings satisfaction knowing they're keyboard warriors.

longtime lurker
02-09-2014, 02:58 PM
Kobe is definitely the most overrated player of all time. That said, I think the lowest you can rank him is 11-12. I have him at 10.

How the hell can you call him the most overrated player of all time then rank him lowest at 12? :lol

Jameerthefear
02-09-2014, 03:00 PM
I promise you they don't talk this crazy in real life.

That alone brings satisfaction knowing they're keyboard warriors.
people on ish are smarter then the average basketball fan.

Heavincent
02-09-2014, 03:00 PM

That's what I mean by armchair analysts. I know people who hate Kobe, but none of them spew the non-sense that people on ISH do. It's strictly an internet thing.

T_L_P
02-09-2014, 03:04 PM
NO BASKETBALL fan, legend or Coach has Duncan over Kobe, maybe media stat geeks , like Bill Simmons and Henry Abbot, but give em a break they just gained the ability to trash Kobe's game and not look like delusional hacks.

Again, the entire TNT crew (McHale, Webber, Charles, Kenny) laughed at the idea of Kobe being ranked player of the decade ahead of Shaq or Duncan.

It's all about media exposure. Interviewers ask Pippen and MJ about Kobe, they're not asking about Duncan...that's the difference.

andgar923
02-09-2014, 03:04 PM
So where's Kobe fall bro? since he's so overrated? :facepalm

Can you not read?

How did I state he "failed'?

It wasn't so much so him failing. You need to understand what the term "overrated" means and how I explained why I consider him overrated.

By being 'overrated' it doesn't really take away from his own accomplishments, it only puts the fan/media's praise into perspective so they can be analyzed a bit further.

People that overrate Kobe "he's the most clutch!!!!" reality says otherwise. See how that works? Putting statements into perspective and analyzing them without glorifying them.

SexSymbol
02-09-2014, 03:05 PM
A 5 time champ, iverson, miller, KG, Paul Pierce, Allen, Dwight Howard, Kidd has fallen before him on the grand stage.
One of two players in the history to average 25/5/5 in the PO during a three-peat, second obv. being Michael Jordan
Has some of the most amazing PO series ever (2010 WCF, 01 WCF, 10 finals)
Completely no fear, one of the three-five clutched players ever.
Amazing defender in his prime, and in moments in his decline, could shut down anybody.
Has one of the greatest "**** you" attitudes, which makes him more likeable for anybody with balls.
His all-nba teams are countless, has scored over 30k points.
His teams have a 4-2 series advantage over Duncan's spurs (one of the wins for Duncan being back when Kobe wasn't really a developed superstar, so in reality it's 4-1, or in other words, complete domination)
Has conquered the father time while averaging 27/6/6 in his 17th season, which nobody from PG, SG or SF positions has ever done and they weren't even remotely close.
Has one of the greatest peaks ever, 35/5/4 season 30/7/7/2/1 season, or the incredible cool and calm of the offensive end and the determination on defense back in 08, the ultimate eye test season if you wanna go there.
2x finals MVP, how many are there with multiple fMVPS? 7-8?
This is just too easy. Kobe's name is engraved in TOP 10 for at least three or four other generations

aau

never said nothing i wouldn't say to anybody's face

sam got a crop about as grey as mine

i'm just lowcut

and would shoot your ass out right now today

paycheck to allowance any day

swish

IMObjective
i don't stan for any players.
Dont **** with me, are you really not a dwight stan?

Heavincent
02-09-2014, 03:06 PM
Again, the entire TNT crew (McHale, Webber, Charles, Kenny) laughed at the idea of Kobe being ranked player of the decade ahead of Shaq or Duncan.

It's all about media exposure. Interviewers ask Pippen and MJ about Kobe, they're not asking about Duncan...that's the difference.

Charles has claimed that Kobe is a top 5 player of all time.

SamuraiSWISH
How the hell can you call him the most overrated player of all time then rank him lowest at 12? :lol
I think he means when Kobe stans claim he's easily the GOAT or better than: Jordan, the man he desperately tried to be like. Or even LeBron, now.

See serious delusional clowns like Yao Ming's Foot and his asinine defensive rating theory. Or KB42PAH, the man who stalked Kobe into a men's restroom at a wedding he snuck into and awkwardly asked to take a photo with him after he took a piss.

Kobe stans who claim he's better than Jordan are the reason you could consider him overrated. Their reason?

Because they consider him sexually attractive.
Because he showed up on an episode of Moesha.

That's why he's apparently better than Jordan to Kobe stans.

Grey Dawn
Kobe is certainly the biggest self-legacy builder. And legacies shouldn't be self-produced

T_L_P
02-09-2014, 03:07 PM
Charles has claimed that Kobe is a top 5 player of all time.

And then changed his opinion to top 10.

His answer on player of the decade was a lot more thought out than him simply proclaiming Kobe a top 5 player.

Jameerthefear
Dont **** with me, are you really not a dwight stan?
Nope. I like watching him though. I don't really stan for anybody. Maybe Oladipo.

I've said some of the shit I've said on here irl and most disagree, but most people don't know shit about basketball so.

gts

A large percentage of people don't come here to talk hoops.. they come here to troll and talk nonsense. Used to be we had more quality vs trolls now it's reversed

I see all these ads for things like American Express and wonder how long these advertisers will stick around when they realize their captive audience is a bunch of idiots

Heavincent
02-09-2014, 03:08 PM
I've said some of the shit I've said on here irl and most disagree, but most people don't know shit about basketball so.

And you do?

ROCSteady
02-09-2014, 03:09 PM
Muh fuggas can overanalyze all they want.

Truth is the guy has done every single thing a man can do on a basketball court. A lot of great players have/had limitations. Kobe had zero tangible weaknesses at his best. He could score in every single way imaginable with ease and could clown entire defenses on the reg. Obviously, Father Time and Mother Health Science have slowed him down but lest not forget the type of impact the dude had when he was in the prime of his career. Nobody could get a hotter hand and dominate with regularity the way KB could.

Add in a competitive and intense spirit that has several, not a couple, runs to the Title and you have a player who deserves every bit of praise that has been bestowed upon him.

The best players today, some of the best of the last few decades might I add, Lebron & KD, either are lacking in pure basketball SKILL (not athleticism or talent, I mean the smoothness and grace of the game) or don't have the right amount of intensity or command that Bryant has within.

No wing player could take over games and get buckets with such variety and also has 5x hardware except that guy who went to Laney High.

Of course he deserves to be thought of as one of the best.

T_L_P
02-09-2014, 03:11 PM
A 5 time champ, iverson, miller, KG, Paul Pierce, Allen, Dwight Howard, Kidd has fallen before him on the grand stage.
One of two players in the history to average 25/5/5 in the PO during a three-peat, second obv. being Michael Jordan
Has some of the most amazing PO series ever (2010 WCF, 01 WCF, 10 finals)
Completely no fear, one of the three-five clutched players ever.
Amazing defender in his prime, and in moments in his decline, could shut down anybody.
Has one of the greatest "**** you" attitudes, which makes him more likeable for anybody with balls.
His all-nba teams are countless, has scored over 30k points.
His teams have a 4-2 series advantage over Duncan's spurs (one of the wins for Duncan being back when Kobe wasn't really a developed superstar, so in reality it's 4-1, or in other words, complete domination)
Has conquered the father time while averaging 27/6/6 in his 17th season, which nobody from PG, SG or SF positions has ever done and they weren't even remotely close.
Has one of the greatest peaks ever, 35/5/4 season 30/7/7/2/1 season, or the incredible cool and calm of the offensive end and the determination on defense back in 08, the ultimate eye test season if you wanna go there.
2x finals MVP, how many are there with multiple fMVPS? 7-8?
This is just too easy. Kobe's name is engraved in TOP 10 for at least three or four other generations

Shaq/Kobe Lakers beating Duncan's Spurs is hardly an incredible feat.

In one of those series ('02 I believe) Kobe averaged like 25/5/5, whilst Duncan put up 29/17/5/3, and Duncan still lost.

Jameerthefear
02-09-2014, 03:11 PM
And you do?
Yep. Regular basketball fans are stupid. You realize that most of my generation already knows that Lebron is better then Kobe, right?

T_L_P
02-09-2014, 03:12 PM
Muh fuggas can overanalyze all they want.

Truth is the guy has done every single thing a man can do on a basketball court. A lot of great players have/had limitations. Kobe had zero tangible weaknesses at his best. He could score in every single way imaginable with ease and could clown entire defenses on the reg. Obviously, Father Time and Mother Health Science have slowed him down but lest not forget the type of impact the dude had when he was in the prime of his career. Nobody could get a hotter hand and dominate with regularity the way KB could.

Add in a competitive and intense spirit that has several, not a couple, runs to the Title and you have a player who deserves every bit of praise that has been bestowed upon him.

The best players today, some of the best of the last few decades might I add, Lebron & KD, either are lacking in pure basketball SKILL (not athleticism or talent, I mean the smoothness and grace of the game) or don't have the right amount of intensity or command that Bryant has within.

No wing player could take over games and get buckets with such variety and also has 5x hardware except that guy who went to Laney High.

Of course he deserves to be thought of as one of the best.

In terms of team play and leadership, Kobe certainly had flaws.

Milbuck
02-09-2014, 03:12 PM
Yep. Regular basketball fans are stupid. You realize that most of my generation already knows that Lebron is better then Kobe, right?
Considering that you're 11 years old and your generation got to watch old ass worn down Kobe, I don't doubt that.

aau
02-09-2014, 03:13 PM
let me put it like this

laker fans have watched more championship ball than the
majority of you clowns put together . . . . kobe by himself
has won more titles without shaq than your entire franchise

talk shit but wouldn't know a great player
if he dropkicked you in the mouth

half the top 10 are lakers but you clowns talk smack

they've forgotten more championship ball than you'll ever know

Andrei89
02-09-2014, 03:14 PM
I agree with this thread.

People overrate Kirby like he is MJ or something.

Calm down, top 10 at the most.

Jameerthefear
02-09-2014, 03:15 PM
Considering that you're 11 years old and your generation got to watch old ass worn down Kobe, I don't doubt that.
I'm 15. Been watching ball for a while too. Long enough to see prime Kobe.

TheMarkMadsen
02-09-2014, 03:15 PM
Shaq/Kobe Lakers beating Duncan's Spurs is hardly an incredible feat.

In one of those series ('02 I believe) Kobe averaged like 25/5/5, whilst Duncan put up 29/17/5/3, and Duncan still lost.

Kobe led his team in scoring, FG% and assist.

Duncan shot 42.5% as a big man

TheMarkMadsen
02-09-2014, 03:16 PM

so that would make you, what, 3 in 2001?

:roll:

you were in diapers for the 3 peat

chosen_one6
02-09-2014, 03:17 PM
Kobe is a great player, there's no doubt in that.

The overrating comes into play when you have people thinking he's the GOAT, top 5, or even firmly top 10. Any logical basketball fan will put Kobe at the fringe of the top 10 or sometimes just outside of the top 10.

I firmly believe he will be pushed out of the top 10 within 5-7 years though.

SamuraiSWISH
02-09-2014, 03:17 PM
laker fans have watched more championship ball than the
majority of you clowns put together
Most Lakers fans look like this:

http://s3.vidimg.popscreen.com/original/7/eGtrYTIwMTI%3D_o_jimmy-kimmel-live-guillermos-adorable-baby-video.jpg

Knowledgeable soccer fans, sure but casual NBA fans.

They just act like they know everything because of the team's success. Generally everything Laker related is absolute best to them, which isn't astute basketball observations.

That's why they're so salty when the game's best player doesn't have purple and gold on. They then search for reasons to discredit them. See them calling the 90s weak when MJ, and the Bulls dominated. Why? Cause they were irrelevant for 5 years. Oh and Jordan stomped on their guy Magic in '91.

Now? They've been doing the exact same thing to LeBron since 2006. They've been utterly salty at his ascension to the throne of the league.

IMObjective
02-09-2014, 03:18 PM
Shut the **** up, you would have been 8 :D

ROCSteady
02-09-2014, 03:19 PM
I said tangible.

Also, if the dude was such a bad team player his whole career, how did he and Shaq TOGETHER beat deeper and more traditionally built playoff teams with unimpressive Championship talent like Fisher (great role player), Fox, Shaw, Green, Horry (another good ROLE guy), etc.

Shaq and Kobe dominated the NBA, feeding off each other, while a bunch of role players still made plays and had crucial moments. I guess that doesn't count.

Only timeframe you can convince me Kobe was poor team player was the last year with Shaq where they let personal differences affect the game and when he had absolutely nothing to work with in LA until Pau and Phil came back to create an acutal formidable identity.

navy
02-09-2014, 03:20 PM
Kobe has so many haters this cant possibly be true.

Jameerthefear
02-09-2014, 03:20 PM
Most people say Kobe's prime is in 06 or 08

IMObjective
02-09-2014, 03:22 PM
Kobe has so many haters this cant possibly be true.
This, kobes probably underrated on ish.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-09-2014, 03:24 PM

The unwarranted and unjustified hype around Kobe is unparalleled. Guy even exceeded Lebron in that regard. His fans are beyond delusional, going as far to making propaganda vids (hit pieces) flat-out lying that Jordan, Kobe's idol, faced 'weak defenses'...propagating myths that Jordan faced midgets, that the 80s and 90s were 'weak' (yes before even the Bron bois), that Jordan was a FT-line and below player...his entire career... You name the excuse, Kobe fans had it covered.

Even that dumb broad, Jemele Hill, fell for the hype, writing a FRONT PAGE ESPN column that read: Kobe versus Jordan: Kobe already better.....this was back in 2006. :oldlol:

Kobe apparently leap frogged all the greats, 8 years ago. :oldlol: Like I said, guy is by FAR the most overrated player in history.

HOoopCityJones
02-09-2014, 03:24 PM
No one's serious when they say Kobe is better than Micheal Jeffery Jordan.

But to pretend he's barley Top Ten?

That shit has agenda written all over it.

aau
02-09-2014, 03:26 PM
Most Lakers fans look like this:

http://s3.vidimg.popscreen.com/original/7/eGtrYTIwMTI%3D_o_jimmy-kimmel-live-guillermos-adorable-baby-video.jpg

Knowledgeable soccer fans, sure but casual NBA fans.

They just act like they know everything because of the team's success. Generally everything Laker related is absolute best to them, which isn't astute basketball observations.

That's why they're so salty when the game's best player doesn't have purple and gold on. They then search for reasons to discredit them. See them calling the 90s weak when MJ, and the Bulls dominated. Why? Cause they were irrelevant for 5 years. Oh and Jordan stomped on their guy Magic in '91.

Now? They've been doing the exact same thing to LeBron since 2006. They've been utterly salty at his ascension to the throne of the league.

go to 19:15 , , that's me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZRAQ1lTuCo

chosen_one6

Name your top 10 then and let's see who doesn't have an agenda.

Jameerthefear

1. Jordan
2. KAJ
3. Wilt
4. Bird
5. Magic
6. Russel
7. Shaq
8. Duncan
9. Hakeem
10. Lebron
This is right off the top of my head. All are pretty much unarguably better then Kobe Bryant.

chosen_one6
02-09-2014, 03:29 PM
1. Jordan
2. KAJ
3. Wilt
4. Bird
5. Magic
6. Wilt
7. Shaq
8. Duncan
9. Hakeem
10. Lebron
This is right off the top of my head. All are pretty much unarguably better then Kobe Bryant.

I know you fixed it to put Bill Russell in there, but one could argue Oscar Robertson as well to be in the top 10.

ImKobe
02-09-2014, 03:31 PM
http://i.perezhilton.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/kobe-bryant-net-worth-most-in-nba__oPt.jpg

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
Swish hit the nail on the head. Thanks.

Look, you can still be renowned and have things about you exaggerated. in Kobe's case, his defense, play in crunchtime, and self worth.

ROCSteady
Look at Jameer tryna rank all time greats like he's been watching the NBA for anything but less than 10 years. GTFO here young boy.

It's not even sensible to rank big men next to wing players.

If you're so well versed at NBA history young ho, then rank scoring guards and wing players then tell me Kobe doesn't deserve to be mentioned as one of the best to do it that don't play in the paint.

Andrei89
Kirby fans out of ammo,

Now they post about his looks.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

What is this? Vogue?

:oldlol: :oldlol:

IMObjective
02-09-2014, 03:33 PM
1. Jordan
2. KAJ
3. Wilt
4. Bird
5. Magic
6. Wilt
7. Shaq
8. Duncan
9. Hakeem
10. Lebron
Oh man, i never got to see prime kaj and never even seen wilt play, youve gotta tell me all about how unarguably better than kobe they were, jameer

SamuraiSWISH
02-09-2014, 03:33 PM
Kirby fans out of ammo,

What is this? Vogue?

They've been doing that stuff. It's weird. Some new / old Kobe centric poster created a username called "SexSymbol" ... they've all been commenting on his looks, and circle jerking for sometime now like he's a male model or something.

HOoopCityJones
02-09-2014, 03:34 PM
Name your top 10 then and let's see who doesn't have an agenda.

Micheal Jordan
Magic
Kareem
Bird
Wilt
Bill Russel
Kobe Bryant
Tim Duncan
Shaq
Hakeem

11.Dirk (imo he gets the nod because he's the only one out of this era's big three, Kobe, Dirk and Duncan to beat Lebron's Heat in a Final.)

ImKobe
Kirby fans out of ammo,

What is this? Vogue?

Damn you people are too easy :lol

aau
from that wood son

where we go

swish

Jameerthefear
Look at Jameer tryna rank all time greats like he's been watching the NBA for anything but less than 10 years. GTFO here young boy.

It's not even sensible to rank big men next to wing players.

If you're so well versed at NBA history young ho, then rank scoring guards and wing players then tell me Kobe doesn't deserve to be mentioned as one of the best to do it that don't play in the paint.
what? why is it not sensible to rank nba players with other nba players?

Jameerthefear
02-09-2014, 03:35 PM
Oh man, i never got to see prime kaj and never even seen wilt play, youve gotta tell me all about how unarguably better than kobe they were, jameer
u should start by watching some of their highlights then the box scores.

Andrei89
02-09-2014, 03:36 PM
They've been doing that stuff. It's weird. Some new / old Kobe centric poster created a username called "SexSymbol" ... they've all been commenting on his looks, and circle jerking for sometime now like he's a male model or something.

Pathetic.

There is literally not one Kobe fan that is at least slightly reasonable. They all spew shit on this board.

"But..but..but Kobe man, he looks so goooood!"

ROCSteady
02-09-2014, 03:36 PM

:oldlol: No kidding.

Jameer is not even a person with any kind of generational knowledge but he thinks he knows where all time greats rank that he only reads about or hears from OTHER people who have watched basketball.

JameerTheQueer - biggest poser of knowledgable basketball history on the site. You should just stick to ranking cartoons and going to My Little Pony conventions with all the other questionable men who rock that shit

TheMarkMadsen
02-09-2014, 03:37 PM
u should start by watching some of their highlights then the box scores.

definition of a new generation fan

ImKobe
02-09-2014, 03:37 PM
Pathetic.

There is literally not one Kobe fan that is at least slightly reasonable. They all spew shit on this board.

"But..but..but Kobe man, he looks so goooood!"

you're so mad :oldlol:

http://www.upscalehype.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/luomo-vogue-2009-october-kobe-bryant-5.jpg

Andrei89
02-09-2014, 03:38 PM
^

That is what I mean.

Thank you.

:applause: :applause:

HOoopCityJones
02-09-2014, 03:38 PM
Wait, Jameer was serious with that list?

Jameerthefear
02-09-2014, 03:40 PM
:oldlol: No kidding.

Jameer is not even a person with any kind of generational knowledge but he thinks he knows where all time greats rank that he only reads about or hears from OTHER people who have watched basketball.

JameerTheQueer - biggest poser of knowledgable basketball history on the site. You should just stick to ranking cartoons and going to My Little Pony conventions with all the other questionable men who rock that shit
u didn't answer my question yet. do you really think kobe>KAJ
if so i feel sorry for you

aau
02-09-2014, 03:42 PM
where he go

Black and White
02-09-2014, 03:47 PM
Kobe is def top 10, I have him sitting between #6-#8, longevity and career accomplishments make it very difficult to rank him outside the top 10,

Jameer, this ranking system is based on their career, there is absolutely no case for LeBron over him yet.

ROCSteady
02-09-2014, 03:48 PM
what? why is it not sensible to rank nba players with other nba players?

Because playing the full game of basketball is not even comparable for most big men and guards. Just because they play the same sport doesn't mean the criteria for how good they are should be monolithic.

You put Bill Russell ahead of Kobe, prolly because he gets romanticized for having a shitload of rings in a time with way less teams and way less talent. He was a great big man for his day but could he handle the ball? Could he bang jumpers with range? No. He was a huge body with ability to use that born body to outplay other big men. Was great defensively because he had good timing and utilized a body that was ahead of that particular time and era.

Anyone with a brain knows that he and other bigs could do none of the basic facets of playing- dribbling, shooting, even passing (naysayers and dudes who love to knock KB for being selfish on crappy teams are welcome to interject here) near as well as Bryant. Yes, they were game changers with lane defense, rebounding and cleaning up but no big man ever is as skilled as Kobe Bryant.

Does that mean they don't deserve to be thought of as some of the best to impact games and secure wins in the NBA? No.

It means ranking players of different expectations all clustered into 'best basketball players' is foolish because where big men have huge differences in skills and talents, an alltime great like Kobe in his role is incomparable when you look at specific facets of the game and what they are coached to produce.

Illuminati
02-09-2014, 03:52 PM
Only on ISH would someone dare make the claim he's overrated. He's quite clearly at worst top 12 of all-time. How on earth is he overrated?

That's the thing. His stans claim he's top 5, when he's not even close.

Jameerthefear
02-09-2014, 03:53 PM
Because playing the full game of basketball is not even comparable for most big men and guards. Just because they play the same sport doesn't mean the criteria for how good they are should be monolithic.

You put Bill Russell ahead of Kobe, prolly because he gets romanticized for having a shitload of rings in a time with way less teams and way less talent. He was a great big man for his day but could he handle the ball? Could he bang jumpers with range? No. He was a huge body with ability to use that born body to outplay other big men. Was great defensively because he had good timing and utilized a body that was ahead of that particular time and era.

Anyone with a brain knows that he and other bigs could do none of the basic facets of playing- dribbling, shooting, even passing (naysayers and dudes who love to knock KB for being selfish on crappy teams are welcome to interject here) near as well as Bryant. Yes, they were game changers with lane defense, rebounding and cleaning up but no big man ever is as skilled as Kobe Bryant.

Does that mean they don't deserve to be thought of as some of the best to impact games and secure wins in the NBA? No.

It means ranking players of different expectations all clustered into 'best basketball players' is foolish because where big men have huge differences in skills and talents, an alltime great like Kobe in his role is incomparable when you look at specific facets of the game and what they are coached to produce.
my rankings are purely based on impact. kobe bryant doesn't have nearly the same impact as anyone else on my list.

ROCSteady
02-09-2014, 03:55 PM
u didn't answer my question yet. do you really think kobe>KAJ
if so i feel sorry for you

I never have said that and never will. Kareem had it all for his position, the size, tremendous skill and touch, athleticism for his frame. He was a freak. Some of his moves and shots were literally unstoppable.

He made playing big look sexy and graceful more than probably any other big men ever.

However, Kobe also had it all for his position. No tangible or skillful weaknesses. Just as KAJ could shoot the ball with awesome skill, Kobe could post up forwards and interior guys with amazing awreness.

Do I think Kobe was as unstoppable as KAJ? Probably not because Kobe's dominance was reliant on having his shot be there. KAJ had other facets to dominate games.

I think its dumb to throw all played under an umbrella and say with absolute certainty that a 7 foot big man is a better basketball player than a 6 foot 5ish skilled scorer.

Jameerthefear
02-09-2014, 03:56 PM
I never have said that and never will. Kareem had it all for his position, the size, tremendous skill and touch, athleticism for his frame. He was a freak. Some of his moves and shots were literally unstoppable.

He made playing big look sexy and graceful more than probably any other big men ever.

However, Kobe also had it all for his position. No tangible or skillful weaknesses. Just as KAJ could shoot the ball with awesome skill, Kobe could post up forwards and interior guys with amazing awreness.

Do I think Kobe was as unstoppable as KAJ? Probably not because Kobe's dominance was reliant on having his shot be there. KAJ had other facets to dominate games.

I think its dumb to throw all played under an umbrella and say with absolute certainty that a 7 foot big man is a better basketball player than a 6 foot 5ish skilled scorer.
read my post above.

SexSymbol
02-09-2014, 03:57 PM
They don't.
Mostly, only the known trolls like 9er, Goatbe and others do it, normal lakers/Kobe fans know he's 6-9 range, you can't take anything away from pas greats, we have to be objective no matter how much we want Kobe to be the best

Yao Ming's Foot
02-09-2014, 03:59 PM
my rankings are purely based on impact. kobe bryant doesn't have nearly the same impact as anyone else on my list.

Dat unprecedented 5 rings with just 1 All Star/HOF teammate per title team impact?

Jameerthefear
Dat unprecedented 5 rings with just 1 All Star/HOF teammate per title team impact?
Pau Gasol deserved a finals MVP more then Kobe did.

ImKobe

You're right, he's top 3.:bowdown:

Yao Ming's Foot
02-09-2014, 04:02 PM

Myth

During yesterday's Kobe Bryant discussion, an interesting point was raised about just what it will take for Laker second banana Pau Gasol to be named Finals MVP this season. My rhetorical question on the matter was this:
"I wonder if an established best player on a team has a sort of "incumbent effect" when it comes to Finals MVPs? In other words, how badly would Kobe have to play -- and how well would Gasol have to play -- for Kobe not to be named Finals MVP? [...] What kind of handicap does a 2nd banana have when trying to overcome the Alpha Dog for Finals MVP?"
Today I want to look at this phenomenon statistically, and see how often the winning team's agreed-upon "best player" won Finals MVP honors, how the second bananas' numbers compared to the Alpha Dogs' during the Finals, and hopefully determine what kind of handicap a non-"Alpha Dog " faces when vying for the award.

It looks like the second banana generally needs to outscore the Alpha Dog as a prerequisite to vie for Finals MVP honors. They also must shoot with more efficiency to have a chance.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/blog/?p=6431

longtime lurker
02-09-2014, 04:07 PM
I think he means when Kobe stans claim he's easily the GOAT or better than: Jordan, the man he desperately tried to be like. Or even LeBron, now.

See serious delusional clowns like Yao Ming's Foot and his asinine defensive rating theory. Or KB42PAH, the man who stalked Kobe into a men's restroom at a wedding he snuck into and awkwardly asked to take a photo with him after he took a piss.

Kobe stans who claim he's better than Jordan are the reason you could consider him overrated. Their reason?

Because they consider him sexually attractive.
Because he showed up on an episode of Moesha.

That's why he's apparently better than Jordan to Kobe stans.

:roll: oh God you're one to talk about stans. Please spare me your bullshit. The problem with you and the rest of you ******gers is that you literally worship Jordan like a God. You could have 20 Lakers fans say that Jordan is greater than Kobe and 2 trolls say Kobe is better and you'll choose to build your whole argument around 2 trolls. You'll go to ridiculous extremes the other way just to defend Jordan.

Anyways I don't know how a guy is overrated if you can only list 11 better players than him in all of NBA history. If you want to say Kobe is over hyped in certain aspects that's fair but if you're going to say he's the most overrated player in NBA history then list him at worst #12 that makes no sense to me.

KingLeBronJames
02-09-2014, 04:08 PM
Take your hater glasses off. Kobe is NOT overrated.

Black and White
02-09-2014, 04:08 PM

Your hate for Kobe has reached a whole new level, you are really forgetting how good he was???

ROCSteady
02-09-2014, 04:14 PM

Honestly, I can buy that and your list suddenly becomes more credible with that in mind. To say that a guy is flat out better at playing the game of basketball than another guy who has an entirely different skillset is disingenuous.

Yet, what makes somebody like say, Larry Bird, SO much more impactful to his team than Kobe? Not saying Kobe is better in any way, shape or form but their impact to their team isn't really that diff when Kobe became the surefire Number One option

Both high volume scorers who played very responsible defense, got steals and changed games by scoring and guarding the other teams best player. You can say Bird was a much more willing passer which is true but he was counted on mainly for being an elite shooter and also playing tough defense. Just like Kobe. The impact to their team, is honestly very similar. Bird could shoot lights out and stay with his man in his prime. Kobe did the exact same thing in his prime.

NumberSix
02-09-2014, 04:14 PM
He's overrated if you overrate him. If you don't overrate him, he's not overrated.

Black and White
02-09-2014, 04:18 PM
He's overrated if you overrate him. If you don't overrate him, he's not overrated.

What happened to your blue writing thing?

Heavincent
02-09-2014, 04:29 PM

WTF? Why do I care what your generation thinks? :oldlol:

Little kid that watches anime trying to tell us how knowledgeable he is :oldlol:

ImKobe
02-09-2014, 04:32 PM
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/50/50b16fb02abdc8cf6fdf1d9e42814bd055249f29b55866cca9 d8b1c58a6bb364.jpg

Jameerthefear
02-09-2014, 04:33 PM
WTF? Why do I care what your generation thinks? :oldlol:

Little kid that watches anime trying to tell us how knowledgeable he is :oldlol:
me watching anime literally has nothing to do with this.

Black and White
02-09-2014, 04:35 PM
me watching anime literally has nothing to do with this.

No but discrediting one of the greatest scorers to ever play the game has something to do with what he is saying

Jameerthefear
02-09-2014, 04:39 PM
No but discrediting one of the greatest scorers to ever play the game has something to do with what he is saying
I'm not discrediting him. It's just the truth.

ROCSteady
02-09-2014, 04:42 PM
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/50/50b16fb02abdc8cf6fdf1d9e42814bd055249f29b55866cca9 d8b1c58a6bb364.jpg

C'mon man. This is weak.

If you actually used an accurate comparison, you would have to add 2 gold balls, 2 Finals MVPs and the same Gold Medal to Lebron's pic.

rlsmooth775
02-09-2014, 04:43 PM

One of the greatest scorers has never shot higher than 46% and and only has 2 scoring titles. Why does one of the greatest scorers get shutdown by a player in his second year in the 2004 finals

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-09-2014, 04:44 PM
Damn I broke that "ImKobe" loser. Guy has been reduced to shit posting. :oldlol:

Black and White
02-09-2014, 04:47 PM
One of the greatest scorers has never shot higher than 46% and and only has 2 scoring titles. Why does one of the greatest scorers get shutdown by a player in his second year in the 2004 finals

We all know his shot selection could have been better, a lot of the time though would you rather him pass to Smush, Kwame etc???

Dude is the 4th highest scorer of all-time,

has the most 30+ point games in a row since Wilt

scored 81 in 1 game, outscored the Dallas Mavs in 3 quarters by himself.

you just can discount all that.

Y2ktors
02-09-2014, 04:49 PM
It was pointed out to me that:

Kobe shoots 40% FG in the finals....that's not 1 series but all 7 series totaled.

moe94
02-09-2014, 04:50 PM
Damn I broke that "ImKobe" loser. Guy has been reduced to shit posting. :oldlol:

Well, don't they all? Being a Kobe fan in all-time discussions is suffering. They will eventually leave or shitpost. Every single time.

Keno
02-09-2014, 04:54 PM
I sincerely agree.

Keno
02-09-2014, 04:56 PM

Stupid ass picture.

He has one more MVP, two all-star game MVPs, two more trophies and finals MVPs and two Olympic gold medals.

:facepalm

ROCSteady
02-09-2014, 04:57 PM
Pretty sad some of you 'basketball fans' can't give an all time great scoring talent his props due to weird player politics or not liking his personality.

Holla at me next time there's a player who has all time great scoring streaks, top 2 historic scoring games, 5 titles while also having ability to do everything on the floor.

rlsmooth775
02-09-2014, 05:00 PM
We all know his shot selection could have been better, a lot of the time though would you rather him pass to Smush, Kwame etc???

Dude is the 4th highest scorer of all-time,

has the most 30+ point games in a row since Wilt

scored 81 in 1 game, outscored the Dallas Mavs in 3 quarters by himself.

you just can discount all that.

Kobe is the greatest volume shooter in history multiple 30 and 40 field goal attempt games

Black and White
02-09-2014, 05:03 PM
Kobe is the greatest volume shooter in history multiple 30 and 40 field goal attempt games

As I said, nobody denies his shot selection could have been better, but he put up some of the best performances in the modern era, when Durant was going on that tear of 30 point games, who was at the top of that list with the number of 30 point games in a row(since Wilt of course)????

secund2nun
02-09-2014, 05:06 PM
By miles.

Facts on Kobe:

*In his prime he had 3 seasons without a loaded team and could not even win a playoff series. The best he could do is 2 7th seeds, 1 missed playoffs, 2 first round losses. The scary part is that he had prime Odom on that team, who was a very good player. Without Odom they wouldn't even make the playoffs and would have 3 straight losing seasons.

*his stats (both regular season and playoffs) are very overrated and a result of inefficient volume scoring. Scoring 32 ppg on 27 shots per game is not impressive- sorry. This is why Kobe could not even win a playoff series before Gasol and after Shaq. Whenever Kobe had a bad game they often times won even in the playoffs, but when his front court (be it Shaq or Gasol/Bynum) had a bad game in the playoffs they rarely won the game.

*he is also one of the least clutch players yet somehow is billed as clutch (check his game 7 stats out and he has never had a single great NBA finals series in his 7 trips to the finals).

Kobe is simply a product of NBA massively over-hyping a "sexy" player in a huge market to drive up ratings. Kobe is the most overrated athlete in American history. Gasol outplayed Kobe in both the 09 and 10 finals and went against better players (Howard/KG), yet Kobe won FMVP. Ah...gotta love life in LA.

Kobe is literally just a myth. He is a testament to the power of marketing. The media can create what's not there.

rlsmooth775
02-09-2014, 05:08 PM
As I said, nobody denies his shot selection could have been better, but he put up some of the best performances in the modern era, when Durant was going on that tear of 30 point games, who was at the top of that list with the number of 30 point games in a row(since Wilt of course)????

Kobe is just a chucker

Black and White
02-09-2014, 05:08 PM
Kobe is just a chucker

Thats all you can reply with? Really???

ROCSteady
02-09-2014, 05:09 PM
Muh fuggas luh to forget the historic shit Kobe has done that nobody else in the modern era has been able to accomplish

rlsmooth775
02-09-2014, 05:10 PM
Thats all you can reply with? Really???

It's true he scores on a high volume of shots he shoots with mediocre efficiency he plays bad in NBA finals only has one MVP only two finals MVP plays lazy defense only has two scoring titles and he's compared to jordan

KobesFinger
02-09-2014, 05:12 PM
It's true he scores on a high volume of shots he shoots with mediocre efficiency he plays bad in NBA finals only has one MVP only two finals MVP plays lazy defense only has two scoring titles and he's compared to jordan

Scoring inefficiently isn't the same as playing poorly

moe94
02-09-2014, 05:12 PM
Muh fuggas luh to forget the historic shit Kobe has done that nobody else in the modern era has been able to accomplish

You're such a true Kobe fan, in the best way.

Black and White
02-09-2014, 05:14 PM

I personally don't compare him to Jordan career wise, play style is where they get their comparison.

rlsmooth775
02-09-2014, 05:14 PM
Scoring inefficiently isn't the same as playing poorly

He doesn't rebound and assist enough to make up for his below league average efficiency

rlsmooth775
02-09-2014, 05:16 PM
I personally don't compare him to Jordan career wise, play style is where they get their comparison.

Jordan plays defense Kobe doesn't Kobe shoots 3s even though he's not that good at it Kobe needs the ball in his hand Jordan doesn't

red1
02-09-2014, 05:18 PM
kobe is shit

Black and White
02-09-2014, 05:19 PM
Jordan plays defense Kobe doesn't Kobe shoots 3s even though he's not that good at it Kobe needs the ball in his hand Jordan doesn't

You are forgetting that in his prime Kobe was a great man defender, don't act like his James Harden or something, Kobe is a much better 3 point shooter, lets not act like their midrange game isn't similar.

Keno
02-09-2014, 05:19 PM
http://i.imgur.com/RFW1DGB.jpg

KobesFinger
02-09-2014, 05:21 PM
He doesn't rebound and assist enough to make up for his below league average efficiency

Lead all 5 championship teams in assists though

rlsmooth775
02-09-2014, 05:22 PM
Jordan
Lebron
Bird
Magic
Duncan
Shaq
KD

Kobe doesn't have stats or efficiency better than any of these guys in the regular season or postseason. His fans only praise his ppg and it's only that way because Kobe leads the league in shot attempts

ImKobe
02-09-2014, 05:22 PM

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_stats.html

Seems like he's at league average to me in efficiency, even above it in most years :confusedshrug:

secund2nun
02-09-2014, 05:24 PM
Jordan
Lebron
Bird
Magic
Duncan
Shaq
KD

Kobe doesn't have stats or efficiency better than any of these guys in the regular season or postseason. His fans only praise his ppg and it's only that way because Kobe leads the league in shot attempts

Not just those guys. Hakeem, Kareem, Malone, Barkley, KG, Ewing, Robinson etc also blow Kobe out of the water.

ImKobe
02-09-2014, 05:24 PM
Not just those guys. Hakeem, Kareem, Malone, Barkley, KG, Ewing, Robinson etc also blow Kobe out of the water.

Malone,Barkley,Ewing, the career losers? :oldlol:

rlsmooth775
02-09-2014, 05:25 PM
You are forgetting that in his prime Kobe was a great man defender, don't act like his James Harden or something, Kobe is a much better 3 point shooter, lets not act like their midrange game isn't similar.

Kobe shoots a lot of 3s even though he sucks at it he's not a elite 3 point shooter. Kobe only played great defense until like 2003 he was never one of the best defenders in the league Jordan was always the best defender at the Sg in his prime

Heavincent
02-09-2014, 05:27 PM
Kobe detractors are the loony conspiracy theorists of the sports world.

secund2nun
02-09-2014, 05:27 PM

They are simply much better players. Dirk as well.

rlsmooth775
02-09-2014, 05:28 PM

If kobe played at the same time as those guys in their prime Kobe would be top 20 at best

Black and White
02-09-2014, 05:30 PM
Kobe shoots a lot of 3s even though he sucks at it he's not a elite 3 point shooter. Kobe only played great defense until like 2003 he was never one of the best defenders in the league Jordan was always the best defender at the Sg in his prime

Kobe isn't an elite 3 point shooter, thats correct, but he can heat up from 3 a lot, he goes on streaks, you are contradicting yourself now, you first said Kobe doesn't play defense now you said Kobe played great defense up till 2003, make your mind up.

ImKobe
02-09-2014, 05:33 PM
If kobe played at the same time as those guys in their prime Kobe would be top 20 at best

Dude, nobody cares about IFs. Kobe is the best player of his era with 5 rings and any NBA Forum you go to at least 50% of posts are about him though the Lakers are irrelevant. That's how powerful the man is. Lebron stans have to create 20 alt accounts on a basketball forum to hate on the man.

Kobe's not going away. Deal with it.

SamuraiSWISH
02-09-2014, 05:35 PM
Kobe detractors are the loony conspiracy theorists of the sports world.
No other fan base makes videos trying to discredit other greats. See delusional psychos like: Yao Ming's Foot, 9erempire, and KB42PAH. The only loon Kobe hater I've ever come across is knoeitawl.

ArbitraryWater
02-09-2014, 05:35 PM

Kobe had some horrible years from 2003-2005... and didnt play much defense 05-07.

ArbitraryWater
02-09-2014, 05:36 PM
Don't get retarded. No player in the top 25 all-time is "overrated" ... take that hipster basketball agenda elsewhere. Talking gaga. He's probably the best guard since Jordan. At the least tied for 2nd best SG all-time with Jerry West. And one of the top five most defining players from his era. He's been relevant as one of the game's best players since 2001. Junior Mints Jordan.

I dont think you know what Overrated means then...

Jameerthefear
02-09-2014, 05:37 PM
Kobe stans getting dominated in this thread.

rlsmooth775
02-09-2014, 05:39 PM
Kobe isn't an elite 3 point shooter, thats correct, but he can heat up from 3 a lot, he goes on streaks, you are contradicting yourself now, you first said Kobe doesn't play defense now you said Kobe played great defense up till 2003, make your mind up.

He hasn't played defense in 10 years how am I contradicting my self the man is one of the laziest defenders. Who cares about streaks Kobe is a chucker who has no business shooting 3s.

ArbitraryWater
02-09-2014, 05:40 PM

Kobe clearly was NOT Top 5 in 2004, 2005 and 2011, 2012&2013.... :facepalm

IN 2011 you cant put him over Dirk/LeBron/Wade/Howard, Paul/Rose is a close one... in 2012? LMFAO 43% shooting while taking, what? 23 shots a game even though he's got the best center in the game on his team?

Again, LeBron/Durant/Howard/Paul/Love I'd take over him. 2013: LeBron/Durant/Duncan/Paul/Anthony/Parker/Harden.

Black and White
02-09-2014, 05:41 PM
He hasn't played defense in 10 years how am I contradicting my self the man is one of the laziest defenders. Who cares about streaks Kobe is a chucker who has no business shooting 3s. I say this because

Dude if Andrew Bynum pulls up from 3 I think Kobe has as much right to do so.

He decided to sacrifice playing defense to carry the team on offense, similar to what LeBron has done this season.

secund2nun
02-09-2014, 05:42 PM
Dude, nobody cares about IFs. Kobe is the best player of his era with 5 rings and any NBA Forum you go to at least 50% of posts are about him though the Lakers are irrelevant. That's how powerful the man is. Lebron stans have to create 20 alt accounts on a basketball forum to hate on the man.

I don't care how many rings he has. He simply was not as good as those players. People can think he is a top 10 GOAT all they want, but the facts are the facts. He isn't and it's not even close. Also add Durant to that list of players better than Kobe. There are more players as well.

ArbitraryWater
02-09-2014, 05:43 PM

DEM RINGZZZ YOO

Heavincent
02-09-2014, 05:43 PM
No other fan base makes videos trying to discredit other greats. See delusional psychos like: Yao Ming's Foot, 9erempire, and KB42PAH. The only loon Kobe hater I've ever come across is knoeitawl.

Um, pretty much all Kobe detractors are lunatics. Hell, detractors of pretty much any player are usually delusional morons. Disliking a player and wanting him to fail is one thing, but writing essays and making 20 minute videos on youtube takes it to a new level.

SamuraiSWISH
02-09-2014, 05:44 PM
Um, pretty much all Kobe detractors are lunatics. Hell, detractors of pretty much any player are usually delusional morons. Disliking a player and wanting him to fail is one thing, but writing essays and making 20 minute videos on youtube takes it to a new level.
Touche

ArbitraryWater
Nah, Malone/Barkley aint going over Kobe... the man had some top notch playoff runs from 2008-2010.. especially 2008 could have gone down as some all time top 10 shit had it not been for the refs in g2 and even blew a big call in g4... maybe kobe wouldnt have played so horrible from g4-6 then

ImKobe
Kobe clearly was NOT Top 5 in 2004, 2005 and 2011, 2012&2013.... :facepalm

IN 2011 you cant put him over Dirk/LeBron/Wade/Howard, Paul/Rose is a close one... in 2012? LMFAO 43% shooting while taking, what? 23 shots a game even though he's got the best center in the game on his team?

Again, LeBron/Durant/Howard/Paul/Love I'd take over him. 2013: LeBron/Durant/Duncan/Paul/Anthony/Parker/Harden.

Not top 5 in 2013? :oldlol: He led his team to a better record than Harden while averaging better numbers, yet somehow you have Harden over him.

rofl taking Kevin Love over Kobe, when the man has failed to lead a team to the Playoffs in his entire career, especially in a year where Kobe led his team to 3rd in the West. Howard in 2012 injured his back and was out for about a half of the season + the Playoffs.

And they say Kobe stans don't use logic :oldlol:

ArbitraryWater
02-09-2014, 05:45 PM

I dont really see how its detractors though. Especially someone like Blitz.

They attack the hype surrounding the person.

ArbitraryWater
02-09-2014, 05:46 PM
Not top 5 in 2013? :oldlol: He led his team to a better record than Harden while averaging better numbers, yet somehow you have Harden over him.

rofl taking Kevin Love over Kobe, when the man has failed to lead a team to the Playoffs in his entire career, especially in a year where Kobe led his team to 3rd in the West. Howard in 2012 injured his back and was out for about a half of the season + the Playoffs.

And they have Kobe stans don't use logic :oldlol:

Because Kevin Love with Bynum/Gasol wouldnt make the playoffs in 2012 right... and Harden wouldnt be able to get a better record than 7th seed with refs if having Howard/Gasol/Nash :hammerhead:

Black and White
02-09-2014, 05:48 PM
Because Kevin Love with Bynum/Gasol wouldnt make the playoffs in 2012 right... and Harden wouldnt be able to get a better record than 7th seed with refs if having Howard/Gasol/Nash :hammerhead:

I don't think he would tbh, that team had all kinds of issues, if Kobe struggled to get them through I don't see a player as soft as Harden leading them there.

SamuraiSWISH
02-09-2014, 05:48 PM
Who the hell cares about Bruce Blitz? Corny, MMA shirt wearing, self promoting douche.

rlsmooth775
02-09-2014, 05:49 PM
Dude if Andrew Bynum pulls up from 3 I think Kobe has as much right to do so.

He decided to sacrifice playing defense to carry the team on offense, similar to what LeBron has done this season.

Jordan never had to sacrifice one side of the floor and he didn't jack up 3s because he wanted highlights.

ArbitraryWater
02-09-2014, 05:49 PM
I don't think he would tbh, that team had all kinds of issues, if Kobe struggled to get them through I don't see a player as soft as Harden leading them there.

That team had serious Issues. Why would Harden/Howard have clashed?

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/kobe-bryant-ego-hampers-dwight-hoard-los-angeles-lakers-downfall-121812

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/dec/20/sports/la-sp-ln-kobe-bryant-shooting-lakers-out-20121220

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/01/07/statscube-does-kobe-shoot-too-much/

Black and White
02-09-2014, 05:50 PM
Jordan never had to sacrifice one side of the floor and he didn't jack up 3s because he wanted highlights.

Once again, did I say he was as good as Jordan?? No, I just said their games are similar.

ArbitraryWater
Who the hell cares about Bruce Blitz? Corny, MMA shirt wearing, self promoting douche.

Hmmm dude's got over 17 thousand subscribers so I guess some do...

moe94

They're trolls doe

Black and White
02-09-2014, 05:51 PM
That team had serious Issues. Why would Harden/Howard have clashed?

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/kobe-bryant-ego-hampers-dwight-hoard-los-angeles-lakers-downfall-121812

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/dec/20/sports/la-sp-ln-kobe-bryant-shooting-lakers-out-20121220

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/01/07/statscube-does-kobe-shoot-too-much/

Dwight was a different player than he is in Houston, D'antoni, Kobe, etc all added to him acting like the bitch he was, and also he didn't actually want to be in LA.

ArbitraryWater
02-09-2014, 05:52 PM
Dwight was a different player than he is in Houston, D'antoni, Kobe, etc all added to him acting like the bitch he was, and also he didn't actually want to be in LA.

Nice. Kobe still shot way too much and took Nash's role as playmaker/ballhandler later to make him a spot up shooter

Yao Ming's Foot
02-09-2014, 05:52 PM

Aren't you the same guy who rushed into a thread to defend the size of Jordan's junk in comparison to Pippen?

rlsmooth775
02-09-2014, 05:53 PM
Once again, did I say he was as good as Jordan?? No, I just said their games are similar.

Not at all Jordan had moves in the air Kobe couldn't dream of doing better defender, better off ball, lots of differences

Jameerthefear
02-09-2014, 05:53 PM
i think the verdict here is that kobe is overrated.

SamuraiSWISH
02-09-2014, 05:54 PM
Aren't you the same guy who rushed into a thread to defend the size of Jordan's junk in comparison to Pippen?
I did, facetiously. What does that have to do with people making videos, entire accounts dedicated to praising one particular player, and doing their absolute best to discredit everyone else? Beyond weird.

ArbitraryWater
02-09-2014, 05:54 PM

No I didnt.. How often that needs to be explained though.

Black and White
02-09-2014, 05:55 PM
Nice. Kobe still shot way too much and took Nash's role as playmaker/ballhandler later to make him a spot up shooter

Nash and Pau were both injured for long stretches, Jordan Hill went down, the team was literally starting bench players, no way does Harden save that team.

ImKobe
02-09-2014, 05:56 PM

Gasol and Nash both missed at least 30 games and played hurt/weren't 100% in the games they did play, Howard played injured the entire season and cost the team a lot of games with his missed free throws and bad turnovers. Kobe had to play 43+ minutes a game coming off a severely sprained ankle to keep the Lakers' Playoff hopes alive, because they had 0 bench.

Kobe was averaging 30 ppg 5 rpg 5 apg on 48/37/85 shooting in the first two months, and the Lakers were 15-15 despite him playing at his best since the championship days, he had 0 help last year. The bench consisted of a very inconsistent Antawn Jamison(who's getting how many minutes on the Clippers?), Darius Morris, Jodie Meeks, Jordan Hill and Earl Clark. Steve Nash went out the 2nd game of the season and didn't return until late December, Steve Blake was injured, Jordan Hill was injured, World Peace tore his Meniscus. Our starting PG was Darius Morris for a while. We changed coaches 5 games into the season.

You want to tell me Harden would have made the Playoffs? Please.

Black and White
02-09-2014, 05:56 PM
Not at all Jordan had moves in the air Kobe couldn't dream of doing better defender, better off ball, lots of differences

Footwork? Post games? Fadeaways? very similar. Kobe also had an elite touch around the rim, just because they didn't finish with the exact same move doesn't mean he isn't good in his own right.

ArbitraryWater
02-09-2014, 05:57 PM
Gasol and Nash both missed at least 40 games and played hurt/weren't 100% in the games they did play, Howard played injured the entire season and cost the team a lot of games with his missed free throws and bad turnovers. Kobe had to play 43+ minutes a game coming off a severely sprained ankle to keep the Lakers' Playoff hopes alive, because they had 0 bench.

Kobe was averaging 30 ppg 5 rpg 5 apg on 48/37/85 shooting in the first two months, and the Lakers were 15-15 despite him playing at his best since the championship days, he had 0 help last year. The bench consisted of a very inconsistent Antawn Jamison(who's getting how many minutes on the Clippers?), Darius Morris, Jodie Meeks, Jordan Hill and Earl Clark. Steve Nash went out the 2nd game of the season and didn't return until late December, Steve Blake was injured. Our starting PG was Darius Morris for a while. We changed coaches 5 games into the season.

You want to tell me Harden would have made the Playoffs? Please.

Dont you think he should have slimmed down his attempts a bit? I mean, thats what happens when another 20ppg scorer comes on your team, you need to sacrifize shots, kobe didnt do it. For me it was only logical it would create problems..

Deuce Bigalow
02-09-2014, 05:58 PM
Wait, what happened to his legendary competitiveness? His will to crawl onto the court no matter what was trying to stop him? His inhuman threshold for playing through pain? When there's not a winning team around him that he can take all the credit for, he doesn't seem to have such a "burning desire to compete". And yes, the dude ABSOLUTELY fakes that injury before the playoffs last year. Dude was having a horrible night in basically an elimination game at the end of the regular season, and he kept grabbing all different parts of his leg throughout the game trying to figure out how to find an excuse. Finally he jumped ship on the inevitable playoff embarrassment by faking an achilles injury. Gotta protect that playoff win % if he's gonna be in top 10 all-time discussion, right? Dude is a bitch. The stans basically see him as an infallible god because they are a bunch of betas desperate for a leader to worship. They create an alter of illusion about Kobe's greatness, and in return he cheats them at every turn. Hilarious. That's funny ummmm, well it doesn't hurt ME because even though I think objectively as a neutral fan of the NBA, Lebron James has CLEARLY been a superior player to Kobe since basically the end of his second season in the league, I have no compulsion to defend or fantasize about Lebron the way you do to Kobe. It's impossible for you to fathom, but I don't criticize Kobe out of any particular affinity to Lebron. I criticize him as a fan of basketball. Whereas you are actually SPITEFUL of Lebron because he threatens the legacy of a stranger you have some weird personal man-love for. He's a stranger bro. You should probably see a shrink. Your protectiveness of another grown man is awkward.
Facts on Kobe:
*In his prime he had 3 seasons without a loaded team and could not even win a playoff series. The best he could do is 2 7th seeds, 1 missed playoffs, 2 first round losses. The scary part is that he had prime Odom on that team, who was a very good player. Without Odom they wouldn't even make the playoffs and would have 3 straight losing seasons.
*his stats (both regular season and playoffs) are very overrated and a result of inefficient volume scoring. Scoring 32 ppg on 27 shots per game is not impressive- sorry. This is why Kobe could not even win a playoff series before Gasol and after Shaq. Whenever Kobe had a bad game they often times won even in the playoffs, but when his front court (be it Shaq or Gasol/Bynum) had a bad game in the playoffs they rarely won the game.
*he is also one of the least clutch players yet somehow is billed as clutch (check his game 7 stats out and he has never had a single great NBA finals series in his 7 trips to the finals).
Kobe is simply a product of NBA massively over-hyping a "sexy" player in a huge market to drive up ratings. Kobe is the most overrated athlete in American history. Gasol outplayed Kobe in both the 09 and 10 finals and went against better players (Howard/KG), yet Kobe won FMVP. Ah...gotta love life in LA. Kobe is literally just a myth. He is a testament to the power of marketing. The media can create what's not there. I don't care how many rings he has. He simply was not as good as those players. People can think he is a top 10 GOAT all they want, but the facts are the facts. He isn't and it's not even close. Also add Durant to that list of players better than Kobe. There are more players as well.

Yao Ming's Foot
02-09-2014, 05:59 PM
I did, facetiously. What does that have to do with people making videos, entire accounts dedicated to praising one particular player, and doing their absolute best to discredit everyone else? Beyond weird.

Do you completely lack any self awareness?

ImKobe
Dont you think he should have slimmed down his attempts a bit? I mean, thats what happens when another 20ppg scorer comes on your team, you need to sacrifize shots, kobe didnt do it. For me it was only logical it would create problems..

So you completely ignore my post about the Lakers being injured throughout the season with Kobe being one of the few players that wasn't, and you start spinning shit about shot attempts? How well did the Lakers do in the Playoffs without Kobe again? Oh, we got swept in a historic fashion with Howard being able to get all the attempts he wanted without that chucker Kobe there. That ended really well, didn't it?

rlsmooth775
Footwork? Post games? Fadeaways? very similar. Kobe also had an elite touch around the rim, just because they didn't finish with the exact same move doesn't mean he isn't good in his own right.

All Im saying is Jordan had differences

ArbitraryWater
02-09-2014, 06:01 PM
Wait, what happened to his legendary competitiveness? His will to crawl onto the court no matter what was trying to stop him? His inhuman threshold for playing through pain? When there's not a winning team around him that he can take all the credit for, he doesn't seem to have such a "burning desire to compete". And yes, the dude ABSOLUTELY fakes that injury before the playoffs last year. Dude was having a horrible night in basically an elimination game at the end of the regular season, and he kept grabbing all different parts of his leg throughout the game trying to figure out how to find an excuse. Finally he jumped ship on the inevitable playoff embarrassment by faking an achilles injury. Gotta protect that playoff win % if he's gonna be in top 10 all-time discussion, right? Dude is a bitch. The stans basically see him as an infallible god because they are a bunch of betas desperate for a leader to worship. They create an alter of illusion about Kobe's greatness, and in return he cheats them at every turn. Hilarious. That's funny ummmm, well it doesn't hurt ME because even though I think objectively as a neutral fan of the NBA, Lebron James has CLEARLY been a superior player to Kobe since basically the end of his second season in the league, I have no compulsion to defend or fantasize about Lebron the way you do to Kobe. It's impossible for you to fathom, but I don't criticize Kobe out of any particular affinity to Lebron. I criticize him as a fan of basketball. Whereas you are actually SPITEFUL of Lebron because he threatens the legacy of a stranger you have some weird personal man-love for. He's a stranger bro. You should probably see a shrink. Your protectiveness of another grown man is awkward.
Facts on Kobe:
Kobe is simply a product of NBA massively over-hyping a "sexy" player in a huge market to drive up ratings. Kobe is the most overrated athlete in American history. Gasol outplayed Kobe in both the 09 and 10 finals and went against better players (Howard/KG), yet Kobe won FMVP. Ah...gotta love life in LA. Kobe is literally just a myth. He is a testament to the power of marketing. The media can create what's not there. I don't care how many rings he has. He simply was not as good as those players. People can think he is a top 10 GOAT all they want, but the facts are the facts. He isn't and it's not even close. Also add Durant to that list of players better than Kobe. There are more players as well.

Wowww Deuce doming over to the good side :applause: May it be Wilt or Kobe, he's owning the shit right now :cheers:

Only thing I obviously disagree with was the faking of the Injury. Otherwise, top post.

ArbitraryWater
02-09-2014, 06:02 PM
So you completely ignore my post about the Lakers being injured throughout the season with Kobe being one of the few players that wasn't, and you start spinning shit about shot attempts? How well did the Lakers do in the Playoffs without Kobe again? Oh, we got swept in a historic fashion with Howard being able to get all the attempts he wanted without that chucker Kobe there. That ended really well, didn't it?

Too late for a change. Kobe cracked the chemistry right at the start of the season..

ImKobe
02-09-2014, 06:03 PM

Still waiting for an explanation how the Lakers got swept with Howard and Pau finally being free to play team ball and everything.

rlsmooth775
I'll ask again Which player does Kobe have better production than

Jordan
Lebron
Duncan
Magic
Bird
Shaq
Barkley
Ewing
D Robinson
KD
Answer is none of them

Black and White
All Im saying is Jordan had differences

Of course he did, no player is the exact same, but play style wise Kobe Bryant is the most comparable player to Jordan.

SamuraiSWISH
02-09-2014, 06:04 PM
Do you completely lack any self awareness?
If you're implying I just described myself, you'd be dead wrong. I'm actually an un-biased basketball fan on here. Jordan's been gone since 2003. I can discuss anything else very objectively.

ArbitraryWater
02-09-2014, 06:05 PM
Still waiting for an explanation how the Lakers got swept with Howard and Pau finally being free to play team ball and everything.

Just got it 1 minute ago :cheers:

And btw, that was the damn Spurs going up against a SEVENTH seed without their, without there what? Best Player I suppose? Why should that be anything else than a sweep?

Bodhi
Not that year. There have been seasons where you could say that Kobe shot too much, but 2013 was definitely not one of them.

We all saw what happened when Dwight had free reign over the offense in the playoffs

Black and White
Too late for a change. Kobe cracked the chemistry right at the start of the season..

No he didn't you are just spinning crap right now, Howard was the player ruining chemistry

ImKobe

Jordan
Lebron
Duncan
Magic
Bird
Shaq
Barkley
Ewing
D Robinson
KD
Answer is none of them

Kobe has more rings than Lebron, Bird, Shaq, Barkley, Ewing, Robinson and KD. I'll take championships over box scores.

rlsmooth775
02-09-2014, 06:06 PM
Of course he did, no player is the exact same, but play style wise Kobe Bryant is the most comparable player to Jordan.

Production wise and defense not even close Kobe is just a overrated snitch

Black and White
02-09-2014, 06:07 PM
Production wise and defense not even close Kobe is just a overrated snitch

You are really making a great arguement here bringing up the snitch stuff :rolleyes:

SexSymbol
02-09-2014, 06:08 PM

Jordan
Lebron
Duncan
Magic
Bird
Shaq
Barkley
Ewing
D Robinson
KD
Answer is none of them

Over Ewing, Barkley, Drob, KD quite easily.
On par with Magic, LeBron, Bird, Duncan.

rlsmooth775
02-09-2014, 06:08 PM
Kobe has more rings than Lebron, Bird, Shaq, Barkley, Ewing, Robinson and KD. I'll take championships over box scores.

Kobe has rings playing like crap his team bailed him out most of the time wasn't even the best player for his first 3 rings cheap scottie pippen rings

ArbitraryWater
02-09-2014, 06:09 PM

West, G7 of the '69 Finals: 43pts, 12rebs, 13asts = "loser"
Kobe, G7 of the '10 Finals: 23pts, 15rebs, 1ast 6-24 FG's = "clutch, his ring"
GTFO

SexSymbol
02-09-2014, 06:09 PM
Kobe has rings playing like crap his team bailed him out most of the time wasn't even the best player for his first 3 rings cheap scottie pippen rings
You're the definition of a casual fan.

rlsmooth775
02-09-2014, 06:10 PM
Kobe, G7 of the '10 Finals: 23pts, 15rebs, 1ast = "clutch, his ring"
GTFO

Don't forget 6 for 24

ImKobe
02-09-2014, 06:10 PM
Just got it 1 minute ago :cheers:

And btw, that was the damn Spurs going up against a SEVENTH seed without their, without there what? Best Player I suppose? Why should that be anything else than a sweep?

Because Kobe is a ballhog that doesn't make his teams better?

Lakers had 2 home games, they didn't even come close to winning either of them. Lakers lost by an average of 19 points in that series and only managed to score above 90 points once. They lost the last game by 29 points with Howard getting ejected. Such a great team.

ArbitraryWater
02-09-2014, 06:11 PM
Because Kobe is a ballhog that doesn't make his teams better?

Lakers had 2 home games, they didn't even come close to winning either of them. Lakers lost by an average of 19 points in that series and only managed to score above 90 points once. They lost the last game by 29 points with Howard getting ejected. Such a great team.

The Laker$ had a losing record with Kobe, Nash, Pau and D12 in the line-up. Laker fans conveniently forget that, too.

Black and White
Howard was huh? Wierd always someone else... happened with Shaq, Bynum and Howard, but its never Kobe hm.

You are really going to say that Howard wasn't acting like a massive diva that whole season?? He even had arguements with Steve Nash who is probably the most likeable guy in the league.

ImKobe
Kobe, G7 of the '10 Finals: 23pts, 15rebs, 1ast = "clutch, his ring"
GTFO

You don't get rings for your stats, you get rings for winning the damn title.

rlsmooth775
02-09-2014, 06:13 PM
You don't get rings for your stats, you get rings for winning the damn title.

But Kobe wasn't even responsible his teammates saved him he shot 6 for24 how many teams would win a game 7 with their star player shooting like that

ImKobe
02-09-2014, 06:19 PM
But Kobe wasn't even responsible his teammates saved him he shot 6 for24 how many teams would win a game 7 with their star player shooting like that

Kobe sealed the game in the 4th with his clutch free throws, a clutch jumper and a clutch play that resulted in an artest 3 that iced the game. Winning is all that matters.

ImKobe
02-09-2014, 06:22 PM
:roll: It doesnt get much better than that.

Who's the most brainwashed cult?
A: The Jim Jones Rainbow Family
B: The Branch Davidians
C: Kobetards

Edit: Lets not forget, this is the guy that just LAST NIGHT said that Gasol DESERVED the FMVP BASED ON KOBE'S 4Q STATS :D

Oh, and also said he's an "objective fan"... how quickly that shit turns

I'm sure the Lakers and Kobe were sad and depressed after winning the 2010 title because Kobe shot 6-24, I'm sure Gasol wasn't celebrating with the team and he wasn't having one of the happiest days of his life because he didn't win the MVP.

Only the Kobe haters care about his fg%, I'll take the championship.

I liked the outcome of that game, so did every Laker fan.

rlsmooth775
02-09-2014, 06:22 PM
Kobe sealed the game in the 4th with his clutch free throws, a clutch jumper and a clutch play that resulted in an artest 3 that iced the game. Winning is all that matters.

lol

ArbitraryWater
02-09-2014, 06:25 PM
I'm sure the Lakers and Kobe were sad and depressed after winning the 2010 title because Kobe shot 6-24, I'm sure Gasol wasn't celebrating with the team and he wasn't having one of the happiest days of his life because he didn't win the MVP.

Only the Kobe haters care about his fg%, I'll take the championship.

I liked the outcome of that game, so did every Laker fan.

"Efficiency is overrated" Tell that to Carmelo Anthony, Allen Iverson, etc.

They won the title, why be sad or depressed? However that shit has 0% to do with your performance :facepalm

Damn you're bad...

Deuce Bigalow
02-09-2014, 06:27 PM
Kobe, G7 of the '10 Finals: 23pts, 15rebs, 1ast 6-24 FG's = "clutch, his ring"
GTFO
And you have Lebron over Jerry West I bet huh?

West is a top 10 player of alltime IMO

tbh...

Lebron James Finals before teaming up
'07 - 22/7/7 36% (6 t/o)

Jerry West Finals
'62 - 31/5/3 46%
'63 - 30/7/5 49%
'65 - 34/6/3 42%
'66 - 34/6/5 52%
'68 - 31/6/6 49%
'69 - 38/5/7 49%
'70 - 31/3/8 45%

ImKobe
02-09-2014, 06:30 PM
"Efficiency is overrated" Tell that to Carmelo Anthony, Allen Iverson, etc.

They won the title, why be sad or depressed? However that shit has 0% to do with your performance :facepalm

Damn you're bad...

So, you really have nothing left to argue about, so you just call me bad. Nice comeback.

Kobe played well enough for his team to win the game. You could make an argument that if he played better, we would have never been down 13 points and we wouldn't have needed a comeback to win the game, but since we won the game, it doesn't matter. The only ones that care about his shooting in that game are the haters. Tim Duncan went 10-27 in Game 7 of the 2005 Finals and shot below 40% 3 times in that series, I don't see anyone crucifying him.

Deuce Bigalow
02-09-2014, 06:36 PM
The Laker$ had a losing record with Kobe, Nash, Pau and D12 in the line-up. Laker fans conveniently forget that, too.
They sucked ass dude. Nash and Pau were both done already at that point and Dwight was very disapointing. If Kobe was "holding them back", how come they got swept by margins or -11, -12, -31, -31 without Kobe? It's like mentioning Kobe's roster in 04 when he had Malone and Payton as if they were any good anymore. Context :confusedshrug:

ImKobe
02-09-2014, 06:37 PM
They sucked ass dude. Nash and Pau were both done already at that point and Dwight was very disapointing. If Kobe was "holding them back", how come they got swept by margins or -11, -12, -31, -31 without Kobe? It's like mentioning Kobe's roster in 04 when he had Malone and Payton as if they were any good anymore. Context :confusedshrug:

The sample size of that unit was also very small. The starting unit played together for maybe 12 games during that entire season, Pau and Nash were constantly injured.

Deuce Bigalow
02-09-2014, 06:40 PM
So, you really have nothing left to argue about, so you just call me bad. Nice comeback.

Kobe played well enough for his team to win the game. You could make an argument that if he played better, we would have never been down 13 points and we wouldn't have needed a comeback to win the game, but since we won the game, it doesn't matter. The only ones that care about his shooting in that game are the haters. Tim Duncan went 10-27 in Game 7 of the 2005 Finals and shot below 40% 3 times in that series, I don't see anyone crucifying him.
10/27 in game 7 (25 points on 27 shots)

Never even hear these facts mentioned. 47.1 TS% for the 05 Finals series :facepalm 48.3 TS% in the 07 Finals :facepalm

Kobe 2010 Finals 52.8 TS% and that doesn't deserve credit while Duncan does for his 2 awful shooting series?

They can dish it but they can't take it.

ImKobe
02-09-2014, 06:44 PM
10/27 in game 7 (25 points on 27 shots)

Never even hear these facts mentioned. 47.1 TS% for the 05 Finals series :facepalm 48.3 TS% in the 07 Finals :facepalm

Kobe 2010 Finals 52.8 TS% and that doesn't deserve credit while Duncan does for his 2 awful shooting series?

They can dish it but they can't take it.

Seriously dude. And we'll hear about how "kobe stans" never use facts and are blind homers. I can dish out facts all day and these kids will just ignore them.

Deuce Bigalow
02-09-2014, 06:54 PM
Seriously dude. And we'll hear about how "kobe stans" never use facts and are blind homers. I can dish out facts all day and these kids will just ignore them.
05 Finals - GINOBILIIIIIIIIIIII! 19 ppg on 64 TS%

07 Finals - Parker 25 ppg on 60 TS%
GINOIBLIIIIIIIIIIIII! 18 ppg on 57 TS%

Bbbbut but Kobe always gets help!

They're pathetic tbh.

ImKobe
02-09-2014, 06:55 PM
05 Finals - GINOBILIIIIIIIIIIII! 19 ppg on 64 TS%

07 Finals - Parker 25 ppg on 60 TS%
GINOIBLIIIIIIIIIIIII! 18 ppg on 57 TS%

Bbbbut but Kobe always gets help!

They're pathetic tbh.

Notice how he's now magically disappeared :oldlol:

ArbitraryWater
02-09-2014, 06:58 PM

Ugh, I just wrote something before that :rolleyes:

ImKobe
02-09-2014, 06:59 PM
Ugh, I just wrote something before that :rolleyes:

So you ignore all the facts and reply with nothing important. Thank you.

ArbitraryWater
02-09-2014, 07:00 PM

Um, so lets just say that for every bad performance if the team wins, you're retardet. That basically means nobody can play bad if the own team wins.. think about it.

Thats because this thread isnt about Duncan, do dont make mindless assumptions kay kiddo? Ive layed it down on him for that enough times.

ArbitraryWater
02-09-2014, 07:00 PM

Of course, they "sucked ass". All of them, GIVE KOBE A BETTER CAST! 3 HOF'S IS NOT ENOUGH!!!

SavageMode
02-09-2014, 07:01 PM
Kobe is very overrated. He doesn't have the all around game like Lebron, now Durant, MJ, and Shaq.

ArbitraryWater
02-09-2014, 07:01 PM
Notice how he's now magically disappeared :oldlol:

I dont know how that, Parker/Ginobili has anything to do with the topic but okay, if it keeps you happy :cheers:

ArbitraryWater
02-09-2014, 07:02 PM
Kobe is very overrated. He doesn't have the all around game like Lebron, now Durant, MJ, and Shaq.

Biased stans like ImKobe wont understand that though, Kobe is their God. So shhh

ImKobe
Um, so lets just say that for every bad performance if the team wins, you're retardet. That basically means nobody can play bad if the own team wins.. think about it.

Thats because this thread isnt about Duncan, do dont make mindless assumptions kay kiddo? Ive layed it down on him for that enough times.

The Lakers won the ****ing championship, do you not get this? And your post makes 0 sense, proving that you have nothing of importance to add to this discussion. I shall bid you adieu.

SavageMode
Of course, they "sucked ass". All of them, GIVE KOBE A BETTER CAST! 3 HOF'S IS NOT ENOUGH!!!
Kobe was too weak, refs gifted them the 8th playoff seed. Nash, Gasol and Howard is easily a top team. They didn't have enough time to gel between Nash Gasol and Howard because Kobe kept Kochucking.

ImKobe
02-09-2014, 07:04 PM
Kobe was too weak, refs gifted them the 8th playoff seed. Nash, Gasol and Howard is easily a top team. They didn't have enough time to gel between Nash Gasol and Howard because Kobe kept Kochucking.

So, now you're replying to your alt and agreeing with yourself, making it look like someone actually supports your shitty takes in order to make you look better after the assraping me & Deuce just gave you :oldlol:

Deuce Bigalow
02-09-2014, 07:05 PM
Lebron couldn't win with top 10 GOAT Shaquille O'Neal, the most dominant player of his era. HE WAS NOT ENOUGH!!! Also Defensive Player of the Year winner Ben Wallace :bowdown:

Yao Ming's Foot
02-09-2014, 07:06 PM
If the most overrated aspect of his career is that he failed to win a 6th championship in a postseason he didn't even suit up for that's doing pretty good.

SavageMode
02-09-2014, 07:08 PM
So, now you're replying to your alt and agreeing with yourself, making it look like someone actually supports your shitty takes in order to make you look better after the assraping me & Deuce just gave you :oldlol:
Alt? You're catching mad feelings and being delusional, haven't been on ISH all day.

My statement is true though, Kobe is overrated. Can't carry a team like Shaq, MJ, Lebron, or Gasol.

Kobe couldn't will his team with Kwame Brown, like how Lebron willed his team with Drew Gooden as a bigman.

ArbitraryWater
02-09-2014, 07:12 PM

I'm supposed to be SavageMode? Thats new. Cute accusation though

secund2nun
02-09-2014, 07:23 PM
Mr. 7th seed first round loser elite front court coattail rider

Deuce Bigalow
02-09-2014, 07:25 PM
Mr. 7th seed first round loser elite front court coattail rider
What's more: five or two? I forgot how to do math tbh.

TheMilkyBarKid
02-09-2014, 08:25 PM
What's more: five or two? I forgot how to do math tbh.
2 fmvps = 2 fmvps
4 mvps > 1 mvp
Give lebron prime shaq as a rookie and lbj would probably have upwards of 6 overall

Deuce Bigalow
02-09-2014, 08:32 PM
2 fmvps = 2 fmvps
4 mvps > 1 mvp
Give lebron prime shaq as a rookie and lbj would probably have upwards of 6 overall
Five or two though..what's more?

Euroleague
02-09-2014, 09:04 PM
For this thread title to actually be true, Wilt Chamberlain, LeBron James, Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Karl Malone, Charles Barkley, David Robinson, George Gervin, Kevin Garnett, Patrick Ewing, Paul Pierce, Tim Duncan, Ray Allen, Glen Rice, Carmelo Anthony, Bob Cousy, Allen Iverson, Shaquille O'Neal, Dr. J, Joe Dumars, Mark Jackson, Andre Miller, Chauncey Billups, Gilbert Arenas, Walt Frazier, Dennis Johnson, Chris Mullin, Bob Pettit, Ben Wallace, Sam Jones, Elgin Baylor, Jason Kidd, Steve Nash, Dwyane Wade......

Would have to all be erased from ever having been born......

Yeah, that sounds about right. And I probably missed some others also.

Black and White
02-09-2014, 09:05 PM
For this thread title to be true, Wilt Chamberlain, LeBron James, Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Karl Malone, Charles Barkley, David Robinson, Tim Duncan, Allen Iverson, Shaq O'Neal, Dr. J, Elgin Baylor, Jason Kidd, Steve Nash, Dwyane Wade......

would have to all be erased from ever having been born......

yeah, that sounds about right. And I probably missed some others also.

Wow, for once I agree with you to some extent

MichaelCorleone
02-09-2014, 09:05 PM
Yes he is.... yes he is.

diamenz
02-09-2014, 09:09 PM
agreed op, but still top 15-20.

KyleKong
02-09-2014, 09:10 PM
Overrated as ****.

He's not even close to being the most clutch player, not even among current players. This has been proven.

Quickening
02-09-2014, 09:19 PM
Yes I think so... most people tend to have Kobe around the top 10 players ever. The thing I see with my top ten for example, is I could literally put every one of them players on a chitty/average roster and they would make them a contender.

I don't see that ability with Kobe. Kobe is one of those players who throughout the majority of his career, has put up great numbers at times, by this I mean PPG, but there almost empty because of how lazy he has been on defence, his lack of efficiency and selfish approach to basketball.

Like I said, put any of my top ten players on a chitty franchise for ten years, and they still will end up in talks about top ten lists. Put Kobe in a chitty franchise for the first ten years of his career and he ends up a Melo type player.

coin24
02-09-2014, 09:22 PM
Alt? You're catching mad feelings and being delusional, haven't been on ISH all day.

My statement is true though, Kobe is overrated. Can't carry a team like Shaq, MJ, Lebron, or Gasol.

Kobe couldn't will his team with Kwame Brown, like how Lebron willed his team with Drew Gooden as a bigman.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Carried his Cavs to a raping from the Magic and quit on his team vs the celtics

If by carried you mean run off to join the Heat cause winning was too hard by himself??? Dis gone be easy??
Pathetic