PDA

View Full Version : kobe was injured december 20th.. shouldnt he be back by now? its been over 6 weeks

kennethgriffin
02-09-2014, 04:21 PM
... was expected to miss 4 weeks due to it only being a small hairline chip that he played an entire half of basketball on after the injury

4 weeks would have been january 19th..

5 weeks would have been january 26th

6 weeks ( the absolute max to heal ) would have been the start of February

its february 9th

so why isnt he playing today on ABC?

is it due to jim buss ordering the tank job?

or due to kobe not wanting to face a fine for skipping the allstar game ( using his injured knee excuse )

? :confusedshrug:

Keno
02-09-2014, 04:22 PM
Who cares, Lakers suck.

kennethgriffin
02-09-2014, 04:24 PM
Who cares, Lakers suck.

ya well wouldnt you rather kobe play if the lakers are on national tv?

dont you wanna see him fail so you can feed your lusting envy?

gts
02-09-2014, 04:33 PM
... was expected to miss 4 weeks due to it only being a small hairline chip that he played an entire half of basketball on after the injury

4 weeks would have been january 19th..

5 weeks would have been january 26th

6 weeks ( the absolute max to heal ) would have been the start of February

its february 9th

so why isnt he playing today on ABC?

is it due to jim buss ordering the tank job?

or due to kobe not wanting to face a fine for skipping the allstar game ( using his injured knee excuse )

? :confusedshrug:

Wait until after the Allstar game at least.. if he comes back now the league will want him to play in what's basically a meaningless game..

There's no hurry for him to comeback, it's not going to change anything..

Myself I'd like to see him comeback with about a month maybe month and a half left in the season... knock off the rust, get his timing back see what he needs to work on in the off-season

PizzamanIRL
02-09-2014, 04:34 PM
Because the Lakers don't need him. They're on a 2 game win streak.

2 games!

ImKobe
02-09-2014, 04:38 PM
Lakers suck. He's signed for 2 more years. There's no way in hell he's going to rush back into it.

2 weeks ago it was reported that Kobe had "pain" and "swelling" in his knee and it would be re-evaluated in 3 weeks, which is about a week from now I guess.

Twiens
02-09-2014, 04:40 PM
Tanking...

zoom17
02-09-2014, 04:42 PM
Tanking...

Lakers signed him two more years he looks done:roll: :roll: :roll:

Deuce Bigalow
02-09-2014, 04:43 PM
Shut it down for the season, draft a good player, do some good in free agency, fire D'Antoni, and have a healthy rested Kobe with a better cast and new coach in 2014-15.

fpliii
02-09-2014, 04:47 PM
The tank is on homie. :rockon:

sbw19
02-09-2014, 04:48 PM
Doubt he returns before the AS break.

outbreak
02-09-2014, 04:53 PM
wait didn't they talk to him during one of the games last week and he said he isn't even walking properly yet? Whats his status because i thought I heard he will be out for way past the all star break

ImKobe
02-09-2014, 04:56 PM
wait didn't they talk to him during one of the games last week and he said he isn't even walking properly yet? Whats his status because i thought I heard he will be out for way past the all star break

Obviously the team is telling him not to rush coming back, they've probably shut him down for the season, which is the smartest thing to do.

outbreak
02-09-2014, 04:57 PM
Obviously the team is telling him not to rush coming back, they've probably shut him down for the season, which is the smartest thing to do.

yeah i agree, no point rushing him back at all due to the tanking and also due to his age.

Keno
02-09-2014, 04:58 PM
ya well wouldnt you rather kobe play if the lakers are on national tv?

dont you wanna see him fail so you can feed your lusting envy?

You're right. 13ppg on 40% will only ruin his legacy more.

GrapeApe
02-09-2014, 05:04 PM
Aside from the reasons mentioned, he's old. Recovering from a serious injury like an achilles tear takes a toll on the entire body, especially at Kobe's age. Any subsequent injuries will be slower to heal and more difficult to to recover from.

Akrazotile
02-09-2014, 05:05 PM
Wait until after the Allstar game at least.. if he comes back now the league will want him to play in what's basically a meaningless game..

There's no hurry for him to comeback, it's not going to change anything..

Myself I'd like to see him comeback with about a month maybe month and a half left in the season... knock off the rust, get his timing back see what he needs to work on in the off-season

Wait, what happened to his legendary competitiveness? His will to crawl onto the court no matter what was trying to stop him? His inhuman threshold for playing through pain?

When there's not a winning team around him that he can take all the credit for, he doesn't seem to have such a "burning desire to compete".

And yes, the dude ABSOLUTELY fakes that injury before the playoffs last year. Dude was having a horrible night in basically an elimination game at the end of the regular season, and he kept grabbing all different parts of his leg throughout the game trying to figure out how to find an excuse. Finally he jumped ship on the inevitable playoff embarrassment by faking an achilles injury. Gotta protect that playoff win % if he's gonna be in top 10 all-time discussion, right?

Dude is a bitch. The stans basically see him as an infallible god because they are a bunch of betas desperate for a leader to worship. They create an alter of illusion about Kobe's greatness, and in return he cheats them at every turn. Hilarious.

gts
02-09-2014, 05:08 PM
Doubt he returns before the AS break.

Definitely won't be back before then..

He's still not cleared to practice and once he gets that he's at least 3 weeks away from playing

ImKobe
02-09-2014, 05:10 PM
Wait, what happened to his legendary competitiveness? His will to crawl onto the court no matter what was trying to stop him? His inhuman threshold for playing through pain?

When there's not a winning team around him that he can take all the credit for, he doesn't seem to have such a "burning desire to compete".

And yes, the dude ABSOLUTELY fakes that injury before the playoffs last year. Dude was having a horrible night in basically an elimination game at the end of the regular season, and he kept grabbing all different parts of his leg throughout the game trying to figure out how to find an excuse. Finally he jumped ship on the inevitable playoff embarrassment by faking an achilles injury. Gotta protect that playoff win % if he's gonna be in top 10 all-time discussion, right?

Dude is a bitch. The stans basically see him as an infallible god because they are a bunch of betas desperate for a leader to worship. They create an alter of illusion about Kobe's greatness, and in return he cheats them at every turn. Hilarious.

Kobe had 34 points 5 rebounds 4 assists, and he'd just hit 2 consecutive clutch 3s to put the Lakers ahead, you sir have no idea what you're talking about.

This is the bad game you were talking about? Breaks Thompson's ankles MJ Game 6 style and hits a step back 3 in his face :oldlol: , what a horrible night he was having, eh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKiQsg-8nEM

Akrazotile
02-09-2014, 05:13 PM
Kobe had 34 points 5 rebounds 4 assists, and he'd just hit 2 consecutive clutch 3s to put the Lakers ahead, you sir have no idea what you're talking about.

This is the bad game you were talking about? Breaks Thompson's ankles MJ Game 6 style and hits a step back 3 in his face :oldlol: , what a horrible night he was having, eh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKiQsg-8nEM

Please, you know he had been bricking all night. Why was he continuously grabbing different parts of his leg after every brick?

The guy is crazy sensitive to criticism and he knows everyone was watching him **** up again in a meaningful game. Yeah he did get hot toward the end but the game was still in the balance and he knew a loss would be humiliating. Not to mention the writing was obviously on the wall for their playoff fate if they did make it.

Being a chucking ballhog does not make you mentally tough. Kobe works very hard but he is NOT mentally tough when it comes to criticism. He actually cares a TON about his image and what people think about him. To be quite honest, he does not have an alpha mentality. Jordan, Westbrook, Bynum are the kind of players who literally DO NOT GIVE A ****. Doesn't mean they're all better than Kobe. Being an 'alpha' doens't necessarily make you automatically better than other players. But Kobe is a very sensitive beta. He'll ballhog it because he wants love and attention when the team is winning, but if the team aint winning he either wants to be traded or fakes injuries to avoid the heat.

B.I.T.C.H.

ImKobe
02-09-2014, 05:15 PM
Please, you know he had been bricking all night. Why was he continuously grabbing different parts of his leg after every break?

The guy is crazy sensitive to criticism and he knows everyone was watching him **** up again in a meaningful game. Yeah he did get hot toward the end but the game was still in the balance and he knew a loss would be humiliating. Not to mention the writing was obviously on the wall for their playoff fate if they did make it.

Being a chucking ballhog does not make you mentally tough. Kobe works very hard but he is NOT mentally tough. He actually cares a TON about his image. He'll ballhog it because he wants love and attention when the team is winning, but if the team aint winning he either wants to be traded or fakes injuries.

B.I.T.C.H.

http://images.onset.freedom.com/ocregister/blogs/lakers.ocregister.com/kobe-and-ron-artest1.jpg

Deuce Bigalow
02-09-2014, 05:15 PM
Please, you know he had been bricking all night. Why was he continuously grabbing different parts of his leg after every brick?

Being a chucking ballhog does not make you mentally tough. Kobe works very hard but he is NOT mentally tough. He actually cares a TON about his image. He'll ballhog it because he wants love and attention when the team is winning, but if the team aint winning he either wants to be traded or fakes injuries.

B.I.T.C.H.
5 > 2

I know it hurts, hurts like an achilles tear tbh.

secund2nun
02-09-2014, 05:21 PM
2 year 48.5 million dollar contract :roll:

Deuce Bigalow
02-09-2014, 05:22 PM

That's funny wait, what happened to his legendary competitiveness? His will to crawl onto the court no matter what was trying to stop him? His inhuman threshold for playing through pain? When there's not a winning team around him that he can take all the credit for, he doesn't seem to have such a "burning desire to compete". And yes, the dude ABSOLUTELY fakes that injury before the playoffs last year. Dude was having a horrible night in basically an elimination game at the end of the regular season, and he kept grabbing all different parts of his leg throughout the game trying to figure out how to find an excuse. Finally he jumped ship on the inevitable playoff embarrassment by faking an achilles injury. Gotta protect that playoff win % if he's gonna be in top 10 all-time discussion, right? Dude is a bitch. The stans basically see him as an infallible god because they are a bunch of betas desperate for a leader to worship. They create an alter of illusion about Kobe's greatness, and in return he cheats them at every turn. Hilarious.

Akrazotile
02-09-2014, 05:22 PM
5 > 2

I know it hurts, hurts like an achilles tear tbh.

Ummmm, well it doesn't hurt ME because even though I think objectively as a neutral fan of the NBA, Lebron James has CLEARLY been a superior player to Kobe since basically the end of his second season in the league, I have no compulsion to defend or fantasize about Lebron the way you do to Kobe.

It's impossible for you to fathom, but I don't criticize Kobe out of any particular affinity to Lebron. I criticize him as a fan of basketball. Whereas you are actually SPITEFUL of Lebron because he threatens the legacy of a stranger you have some weird personal man-love for. He's a stranger bro. You should probably see a shrink. Your protectiveness of another grown man is awkward.

navy
02-09-2014, 05:23 PM
This isnt about Lebron.

Kobe is old and the Lakers are tanking. Why would he be back by now?

ImKobe
02-09-2014, 05:23 PM
Ummmm, well it doesn't hurt ME because even though I think objectively as a neutral fan of the NBA, Lebron James has CLEARLY been a superior player to Kobe since basically the end of his second season in the league, I have no compulsion to defend or fantasize about Lebron the way you do to Kobe.

It's impossible for you to fathom, but I don't criticize Kobe out of any particular affinity to Lebron. I criticize him as a fan of basketball. Whereas you are actually SPITEFUL of Lebron because he threatens the legacy of a stranger you have some weird personal man-love for. He's a stranger bro. You should probably see a shrink. Your protectiveness of another grown man is awkward.

Please.:oldlol:

Deuce Bigalow
02-09-2014, 05:24 PM

That's funny ummmm, well it doesn't hurt ME because even though I think objectively as a neutral fan of the NBA, Lebron James has CLEARLY been a superior player to Kobe since basically the end of his second season in the league, I have no compulsion to defend or fantasize about Lebron the way you do to Kobe. It's impossible for you to fathom, but I don't criticize Kobe out of any particular affinity to Lebron. I criticize him as a fan of basketball. Whereas you are actually SPITEFUL of Lebron because he threatens the legacy of a stranger you have some weird personal man-love for. He's a stranger bro. You should probably see a shrink. Your protectiveness of another grown man is awkward.

Rodmantheman
02-09-2014, 05:25 PM
2 year 48.5 million dollar contract :roll:

lakers got screwed.

Heavincent
02-09-2014, 05:25 PM

Oh, it's this guy again. How many alt accounts do you have? ****ing loser :oldlol:

Akrazotile
02-09-2014, 05:26 PM
Oh, it's this guy again. How many alt accounts do you have? ****ing loser :oldlol:

Truth hurts, donut

chazzy
02-09-2014, 05:30 PM
Lol at starface

Deuce Bigalow
02-09-2014, 05:43 PM
Truth hurts, donut
Kobe>Lebron
Five>Two

Keno
02-09-2014, 05:44 PM
Horry>Jordan
Seven>Six

ImKobe
02-09-2014, 05:47 PM
Horry>Jordan
Seven>Six

This is correct. Horry has more rings than MJ.

Kobe still has more rings than Duncan,Shaq,Lebron.

Keno
02-09-2014, 05:51 PM

So Horry is a greater basketball player than Michael Jeffrey Jordan now huh, only Kobetards.

Akrazotile
02-09-2014, 05:53 PM
Kobe>Lebron

I understand there is a more complex, psychological mechanism at play that results in your need to believe this. Hey, I can't even trip. I'm just laughin at ya. You tryin hard to maintain, well go ahead cause I aint mad at ya.

Deuce Bigalow
02-09-2014, 05:54 PM

Let us proceed

Keno
02-09-2014, 05:55 PM
I understand there is a more profound, psychological mechanism at play that causes your fundamental need to believe this. I can't even trip, I'm just laughin at ya. You tryin hard to maintain, well go ahead cause I aint mad at ya.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Funny.

fpliii
02-09-2014, 05:55 PM
I understand there is a more complex, psychological mechanism at play that results in your need to believe this. I can't even trip, I'm just laughin at ya. You tryin hard to maintain, well go ahead cause I aint mad at ya.
:applause:

Great song.

Mure
02-09-2014, 06:00 PM
I don't see any reason why Kobe should play this year. Tank, get a good pick, and come back strong next season to try to get something done.

Jameerthefear
02-09-2014, 06:02 PM
People say 'tanking', but Kobe Bryant at this point makes his team worse. Kobe Bryant is not back because the Lakers are trying to win games.

Andrei89
02-09-2014, 06:04 PM
Kirby is done.

Keno
02-09-2014, 06:16 PM
I'm also surprised Kobe isn't back. He only needs around 700 more points to pass Jordan. If he does pass him, it won't matter though. He needed what, ~400 more games to do so? :lol

Akrazotile
02-09-2014, 06:16 PM
Kirby is done.

He's not done yet. He still has two and a half more seasons to take up about $65,000,000 in cap space.

But he's worth every penny because the fans care more about their hero than about basketball.

Idol worshipers :confusedshrug:

ImKobe
02-09-2014, 06:38 PM
He's not done yet. He still has two and a half more seasons to take up about $65,000,000 in cap space.

But he's worth every penny because the fans care more about their hero than about basketball.

Kobe on his current contract delivered us 2 rings and 3 Finals appearances. He's still on his old contract.

SavageMode
02-09-2014, 06:48 PM
He was too scared to face Lebron this year so he faked his injury.

Leftimage
02-09-2014, 06:59 PM

Actually it's a good basketball decision as well. Even if Kobe stinks up the joint for 2 seasons, it will still generate a bunch of revenue for the team. Money that can be re-introduced into the payroll in the future to make greater teams.

Had they not signed him, made the playoffs both seasons, and jersey/ticket sales plummeted, they wouldn't be able to invest as much in future teams.

Any way you break it down, signing Kobe gives the team a better chance at winning in the long run.

Papaya Petee
02-09-2014, 11:33 PM
It's not like they're not letting him play to tank. Kobe the way he is right now playing or not doesn't make a difference at all. Lakers will still suck.

houston
02-10-2014, 12:50 AM
no all-nba 1st team this year

Mr. Jabbar
02-10-2014, 01:02 AM
He was going to come back last week but stumbled upon the "do the lakers go on a run now that kobe is out" thread and has been rofl-copting ever since