PDA

View Full Version : George Attempts Game Winner While Triple Teamed, Blatantly Fouled, Ignores Davis

no pun intended
02-09-2014, 10:26 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUMg88HMFts

So many things going wrong throughout this entire sequence.

JT123
02-09-2014, 10:27 PM
George kicked his leg out to draw contact, good no call.

truhooper
02-09-2014, 10:27 PM
flop

KendrickPerkins
02-09-2014, 10:28 PM
Hill was more open than a ___________

no pun intended
02-09-2014, 10:28 PM
http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/Ksl-9GbGTsw/maxresdefault.jpg

carrying the torch

MichaelCorleone
02-09-2014, 10:29 PM
Channelling that inner Chuckbe.:oldlol:

moe94
02-09-2014, 10:31 PM
His killer instinct was off. His will to win will come back later because his desire and heart are struggling right now.

oarabbus
02-09-2014, 10:31 PM

Open as a Jack in the Box drive thru. If I was Hill I'd demand a trade. This guy gets DISRESPECTED by his teammates, he NEVER gets the ball. Ever. Anyone see how hard this ****ing guy hustled to get his points vs. the Blazers the other night?

bigt
02-09-2014, 10:32 PM

Kobe teammate?

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
02-09-2014, 10:33 PM
Paul George has been falling off HARD since those news broke out:facepalm

outbreak
02-09-2014, 10:34 PM
he didn't ignore davis, davis came to offer him a hand and george shook his head and stayed sitting down for awhile. It looked more like he was spent and didn't feel ready to get up.

I thought we fouled him there though

Warfan
02-09-2014, 10:35 PM
just a makeup call from the kings game

I<3NBA
02-09-2014, 10:41 PM

carrying the torch
:lol :lol :lol

true dat. kobe stans picked him as the next Kobe.

JohnFreeman
02-09-2014, 10:44 PM
Why didn't he call a timeout?

I<3NBA
02-09-2014, 10:52 PM
Why didn't he call a timeout?
because he didn't want the opponent defense to be set?

it was actually a good call to not call timeout. problem was, he had stupid shot selection. they only needed a 2. West was there for a layup. a much better shot than his contested jumper.

Hoofa22
02-09-2014, 10:55 PM
What the hell was Vucovic thinking :facepalm

TerranOP
02-09-2014, 10:56 PM
George kicked his leg out to draw contact, good no call.

Obviously should've been an offensive foul on George, then.

TheMilkyBarKid
02-09-2014, 11:04 PM

carrying the torch
dat #24 selflessness

Olacinco
02-09-2014, 11:18 PM
We done beat the pacerssss :rockon:

We done beat the thunderrrr :banana:

We gon beat the grizzliessss :pimp:

Den we gonna start on tankinnn :dancin

hitmanyr2k
02-09-2014, 11:37 PM
Had George Hill wide open for three with no one within 15 feet of him but he wants to take a shot over 3 defenders. You have to love that court vision and decision making.

JohnFreeman
02-09-2014, 11:38 PM
Had George Hill wide open for three with no one within 15 feet of him but he wants to take a shot over 3 defenders. You have to love that court vision and decision making.
Modeled his game after Kobe, what do you expect?

BuffaloBill
02-09-2014, 11:43 PM
wow he pulled a kobe bryant. then he pulled a lebron james

Joyner82reload
02-09-2014, 11:47 PM
Trying to be like Durant :pimp:

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/oh1sCtm7hjo/hqdefault.jpg

Leftimage
02-09-2014, 11:49 PM
Loved PG during the Heat-Pacers series. Liking him a little less with every passing week this season though :(

Leftimage
02-09-2014, 11:50 PM
wow he pulled a kobe bryant. then he pulled a lebron james

I get the first part, but Lebron has always been a very good sport with teammates, opponents, fans... care to elaborate ? Or are you just referring to the time he didn't shake hands after being eliminated.

ballup
02-10-2014, 12:04 AM
because he didn't want the opponent defense to be set?

it was actually a good call to not call timeout. problem was, he had stupid shot selection. they only needed a 2. West was there for a layup. a much better shot than his contested jumper.
If PG was actually able to pass to West in that situation, then ya, West would have been the better option. Even if PG had somehow passes it to West, West's shot would have been contested also. The best option was to kick it to one of the players standing at the 3 point line.

I<3NBA
02-10-2014, 01:48 AM
If PG was actually able to pass to West in that situation, then ya, West would have been the better option. Even if PG had somehow passes it to West, West's shot would have been contested also. The best option was to kick it to one of the players standing at the 3 point line.
a contested lay up (by a power guy like West) is still better than an open three by a streaky shooter like Hill. passing to West gives them two chances. a lay-up or a foul. passing to Hill only gives them one chance.

the closer a shot is to the basket, the better shot it becomes. a three for game tying or game-winning shot should only be attempted if you are down by 3. all other situations, you try for the 2.

Darius
02-10-2014, 02:13 AM
People are on Paul's jock now but I am expecting major backlash against him soon.

He has that "arrogant" court demeanor ala Kobe, Blake Griffin etc. that people don't like.

RidonKs
02-10-2014, 02:39 AM
His killer instinct was off. His will to win will come back later because his desire and heart are struggling right now.
:roll:

We done beat the pacerssss :rockon:

We done beat the thunderrrr :banana:

We gon beat the grizzliessss :pimp:

Den we gonna start on tankinnn :dancin

:roll: :roll:

Dro
02-10-2014, 03:53 AM
People are on Paul's jock now but I am expecting major backlash against him soon.

He has that "arrogant" court demeanor ala Kobe, Blake Griffin etc. that people don't like.
Where have you been?

Magic731
02-10-2014, 04:24 AM
So easy for us to sit back and criticise him for making the 'wrong' decision. Let's remember he gets the ball in the back court with 5 seconds left and as the best player on his team he knows the responsibility is on him to take the shot.

havoc33
02-10-2014, 05:03 AM
PG should have passed it to Hill, no doubt. He did bring the Pacers back with two huge 3s late in the 4th though. Good bounce back game from him overall.

kurple
02-10-2014, 08:22 AM
Paul George has been falling off HARD since those news broke out:facepalm
no one gonna give indiana and props for playing great defense to steal the ball

it's not like he's the first player to miss a game winner. and PG has been pretty unclutch his entire career

still cant think of a player coming up with as many clutch steals as PG

Bandito
02-10-2014, 08:28 AM
I get the first part, but Lebron has always been a very good sport with teammates, opponents, fans... care to elaborate ? Or are you just referring to the time he didn't shake hands after being eliminated.
He meant the unclutch brick he threw.

PistonsFan#21
02-10-2014, 09:48 AM

the thing is Lebron would have passed it to the wide open teammate for an easy basket...

TheMilkyBarKid
02-10-2014, 10:04 AM
Nothing clutch about 7/27

tomtucker
02-10-2014, 10:14 AM
Paul George is what you kids today call a "fukking fagggot"......:rockon:

go home or go to the strip club Paul....... wherever your wife is tonight.

:pimp:

ballup
02-10-2014, 10:34 AM
a contested lay up (by a power guy like West) is still better than an open three by a streaky shooter like Hill. passing to West gives them two chances. a lay-up or a foul. passing to Hill only gives them one chance.

the closer a shot is to the basket, the better shot it becomes. a three for game tying or game-winning shot should only be attempted if you are down by 3. all other situations, you try for the 2.
Even if PG got it to West, that imo is impossible for PG to make in his situation, West would have been contested by two defenders. West could try a fadeaway, but an open look is still an look.

HylianNightmare
02-10-2014, 10:45 AM
You can see me in that!

TheGreatDeraj
02-10-2014, 10:46 AM
The only thing George did wrong was go to the wrong side of the ft line.

Nothing wrong with that shot. He is the best scorer on the team and he had a big guy in position for the tip back, shooting is encouraged in that situation. Good defensive play by the Magic.

He went to the left, which is far more difficult, because he is right handed. He could not enough space because it was a fade to his weak side rather than his strong side.

go look at about :08 - for some reason he crossed #4 and went to the left side of the ft line, he should of done an in-and-out dribble and ended up on the strong side of the ft line with a much easier jumper.

Bones_Jones
02-10-2014, 11:07 AM

Nothing wrong with that shot. He is the best scorer on the team and he had a big guy in position for the tip back, shooting is encouraged in that situation. Good defensive play by the Magic.

He went to the left, which is far more difficult, because he is right handed. He could not enough space because it was a fade to his weak side rather than his strong side.

go look at about :08 - for some reason he crossed #4 and went to the left side of the ft line, he should of done an in-and-out dribble and ended up on the strong side of the ft line with a much easier jumper.

ROFL retard kobe fan thinks he knows better then PG.

Bones_Jones
02-10-2014, 11:12 AM

how bout this shot ******?

All Net
02-10-2014, 11:17 AM
He's 23 he will learn from it.. Just glad to see him play better ball.

East_Stone_Ya
02-10-2014, 11:35 AM
He's 23 he will learn from it.. Just glad to see him play better ball.

yeah but not case lately..he in a slump right now

ArbitraryWater
02-10-2014, 11:42 AM
Kobe in the 2009 Finals against the Magic vs of Paul George (Pacers @ Magic, 2014).

In the Lakers Game, D-Fish was wide open. In the Pacers game, Hill was wide open. Both playing against the Magic. Both with enough time to pass. Both blocked.

Paul George, carrying on the #24 "Ballhog in Crunch Time" Legacy. He REALLY wants to be like Kobe. brans proud.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1/p180x540/1689932_1408233419425923_325425338_n.jpg

Mass Debator
02-10-2014, 11:49 AM
A pump fake would've did wonders for him. 4 seconds left on the clock and Vucevic and Big Baby would've had no choice but to jump. An underneath pass to West would've been ideal or else you had Hill for a wide open 3.

TheGreatDeraj
02-10-2014, 12:19 PM
ROFL retard kobe fan thinks he knows better then PG.

holy hell who are you and what did I do to piss you off?

and yes, that would have been a better shot if he would have gone to his strong hand ft line jumper.

@kobe pic
Sure he could have passed to fisher for 3, but they were only down 2, so he went for the layup and had Pau and Artest in position for the rebound. Not a bad decision.

It was a fantastic defensive coaching adjustment.

Thibodeau put PF Taj Gibson on the Lakers pg Derek Fisher, so that when Kobe drove, he had a PF able to collapse from the corner.

Good defensive play with the block, had Kobe's shot not been blocked, Lakers probably would have won...either a made shot or a tip in by Gasol/Artest.

ballup
02-10-2014, 12:34 PM

Even if PG got it to West, that imo is impossible for PG to make in his situation, West would have been contested by two defenders. West could try a fadeaway, but an open look is still an open look.

MisterAmazing
02-10-2014, 01:26 PM
it is kind of funny that if this were LeBron and he made the pass to Hill, everyone would be like "Passed up on a big shot!! Not clutch!!!" whether Hill makes the shot or not.

And here with George we're ripping on him for the opposite, as would be the same with Kobe.

Not saying George's decision wasn't a bad one, just a humorous observation about the way ISH sees this stuff.

Keno
02-10-2014, 01:26 PM
He's got his fair share of bailout calls at the end of games.

All Net
02-10-2014, 01:32 PM
yeah but not case lately..he in a slump right now

Last night was better than has been lately though.