PDA

View Full Version : Throwback Play(s): 6'8 250lbs SF LeBron James Shutting Down 7'0 265lbs C Pau Gasol

Keno
02-10-2014, 05:45 PM
Play and defend 1 through 5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV3O94yv4vc

FKAri
02-10-2014, 05:48 PM
He's denying him the ball. He's not doing any on ball defending there because he knows full well if Pau were to get it he wouldn't be able to stop him.

It also goes to show that the Heat's strategy is to not let Pau get it but make Kobe be the scorer so he can chuck his team out of the win. Analysts and coaches already understand this.

moe94
02-10-2014, 05:50 PM
He's denying him the ball. He's not doing any on ball defending there because he knows full well if Pau were to get it he wouldn't be able to stop him..

That's like saying a boxer is dodging punches because he knows if he gets hit, it's over. :coleman:

dannywpt
02-10-2014, 05:51 PM
Has OP played ball before? This is called fronting the post and can also be performed by your PG

No wonder it's the combination of a clueless Bran stan and a jan 2014 posting this bulls*it video

KobesFinger
02-10-2014, 05:54 PM
Since when was Pau 265?

Jameerthefear
02-10-2014, 05:55 PM
lol. i hate when stupid ass bron stans use this as ammo that lbj can guard centers

NumberSix
02-10-2014, 05:56 PM
lol. i hate when stupid ass bron stans use this as ammo that lbj can guard centers
Is LeBron not an All-Star center? :confusedshrug:

KyrieTheFuture
02-10-2014, 05:56 PM
LeBron James best aspect of his defense is ball denial because he's so strong/quick (see 2012 finals). He's not the best one on one defender by any stretch of the imagination. His help D is better than his man to man but his ball denial is amazing.

NumberSix
02-10-2014, 05:58 PM
LeBron James best aspect of his defense is ball denial because he's so strong/quick (see 2012 finals). He's not the best one on one defender by any stretch of the imagination. His help D is better than his man to man but his ball denial is amazing.
No, he just manages to not let quick small PGs like Rose and Parker to get by him in a no hand check era.

Keno
02-10-2014, 05:59 PM
Since when was Pau 265?

How much is 120KG in pounds?:confusedshrug:

Keno
02-10-2014, 06:01 PM
Is LeBron not an All-Star center? :confusedshrug:

This.

DonDadda59
02-10-2014, 06:01 PM
Bronze too strong for Gasoft.

Also, kind of overrated as a defender.

Mass Debator
02-10-2014, 06:02 PM
Lol he's trying so hard. He can definitely guard 1-5 but if you expect him to do that 12 minutes straight, he'd be done before the second quarter.

Myth
02-10-2014, 06:05 PM
Yes, LeBron can guard the center position when power forwards are the ones playing the center position.

JT123
02-10-2014, 06:07 PM
Yes, LeBron can guard the center position when power forwards are the ones playing the center position.
:facepalm Gasol is a natural Center. He only started at PF in the past because the Lakers had Bynum and Howard.

Keno
02-10-2014, 06:08 PM
:facepalm

Pau started his career as a center.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/gasolpa01.html

Illuminati
02-10-2014, 06:15 PM
Dat versatility.

KyrieTheFuture
02-10-2014, 06:17 PM
No, he just manages to not let quick small PGs like Rose and Parker to get by him in a no hand check era.
You're a stan if you think LeBron is the best one on one defender in the league.

Myth
02-10-2014, 06:18 PM

That is only because the team had no other centers a majority of the season. Only other centers were both shitty and injured most of the season. Most of his time he was in Memphis he played PF even when there were other players capable of playing that position.

Solefade
02-10-2014, 06:20 PM
how much better of an on-ball defender would lebron be if he could still handcheck? i really think no one would get past this guy if he could hand check

NumberSix
02-10-2014, 06:29 PM
You're a stan if you think LeBron is the best one on one defender in the league.
If not him, who?

hitmanyr2k
02-10-2014, 06:30 PM

People are still repeating this bullshit myth :facepalm Chris Bosh was always on Lebron's hip double-teaming Rose and Parker. Fools act like Lebron is on an island guarding these guys. He rarely ever has to guard any star guard or forward straight up in Spoelstra's defensive schemes.

Black and White
02-10-2014, 06:33 PM
how much better of an on-ball defender would lebron be if he could still handcheck? i really think no one would get past this guy if he could hand check

He wouldn't be the same on offense if he had to deal with handchecking tho

Solefade
02-10-2014, 06:37 PM

would impact him a bit but not as much as you probably think..its not like he blows by people with his speed anyway, he overwhelms most people with his strength even on drives to the basket

Black and White
02-10-2014, 06:38 PM
would impact him a bit but not as much as you probably think..its not like he blows by people with his speed anyway, he overwhelms most people with his strength even on drives to the basket

Yea his finishing ability is insane but that flopping style + handchecking? Oscar awards

NumberSix
02-10-2014, 06:46 PM
Myth. Hand checking doesn't affect big guys the way it affects guards. Especiallyguys who don't play that kind of game anyway.

His style of offense actually makes no difference if there is hand checking or not. He doesn't play a "take you 1 on 1" from the wing type of offense. And he's never been a huge off the ball player anyways either.

A lot of his game is fast breaks and ball movement. More post ups now too. Hand checking would seriously have little to no affect on his game. Lebron would actually be better in the hand check era because there are no zones, which actually does give him problems.

The only think that would add a little difficulty for him is no defensive 3 seconds.

Black and White
02-10-2014, 06:50 PM
Myth. Hand checking doesn't affect big guys the way it affects guards. Especiallyguys who don't play that kind of game anyway.

His style of offense actually makes no difference if there is hand checking or not. He doesn't play a "take you 1 on 1" from the wing type of offense. And he's never been a huge off the ball player anyways either.

A lot of his game is fast breaks and ball movement. More post ups now too. Hand checking would seriously have little to no affect on his game. Lebron would actually be better in the hand check era because there are no zones, which actually does give him problems.

The only think that would add a little difficulty for him is no defensive 3 seconds.

Cherry picking???

But seriously, no, I don't think he would be better with handchecking, he isn't an iso player at all but he does try his fair share of iso plays, also with the s 3 secs would make it difficult too, most perimeter players would find it harder with handchecking.

NumberSix
02-10-2014, 06:56 PM
Cherry picking???

But seriously, no, I don't think he would be better with handchecking, he isn't an iso player at all but he does try his fair share of iso plays, also with the s 3 secs would make it difficult too, most perimeter players would find it harder with handchecking.
Hand checking only affects shit that LeBron doesn't even do anyways.

It's not like LeBron is taking guys 1 on 1 from the perimeter or running around screens to quickly pop.

Saying LeBron's offense would be hurt by hand checking is like saying Dwights offense would be hurt by a longer 3 point line.

KendrickPerkins
02-10-2014, 08:06 PM
:roll:

Like, 3 plays? That's "shutting him down"? :oldlol:

ProfessorMurder
02-10-2014, 08:11 PM
Stop trying to prop up LeBron.

A. Pau is not 265. He came in the league at like 225, he's more like 245/250 tops.

B. Pau is soft.

KendrickPerkins
02-10-2014, 08:12 PM
I honestly think I could front Pau like that too.

Illuminati
02-10-2014, 08:14 PM

Do you even know how to dribble.

Solefade
02-10-2014, 08:16 PM

lol ok tough guy

tmacattack33
02-10-2014, 08:57 PM
Has OP played ball before? This is called fronting the post and can also be performed by your PG

No wonder it's the combination of a clueless Bran stan and a jan 2014 posting this bulls*it video

W...

T....

F....

Yes, any 6'1 180 lb PG can can front the post. Problem is, it'll be easy as hell for the center to hold him off and have his teammate pass the ball right over this PG.

Solefade
02-10-2014, 08:58 PM

lol the irony of this post, you know this guy^ hasn't played bball before

moe94
02-10-2014, 08:59 PM

Of course you could. You know all about being in front of another man with your ass sticking out.

SavageMode
02-10-2014, 09:12 PM
Of course you could. You know all about being in front of another man with your ass sticking out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

ETHER.

madmax
02-10-2014, 09:14 PM

actually no he didn't.
Hr started his career as a skinny forward for Barca in Europe and was much more comfortable facing the basket rather than banging down low with the big guys:cheers:

Miller for 3
02-10-2014, 09:39 PM

Meaningless regular season game. Why don;t you post the 12 gold medal game? Oh wait, is it becuz Pau just destroys him 3 straight possessions that coach K has to bench him :lol

Bran stans: posting highlights from scrimmages, practices, blowouts, etc. as proof of "greatness" since 2011

dannywpt
02-10-2014, 09:50 PM
W...

T....

F....

Yes, any 6'1 180 lb PG can can front the post. Problem is, it'll be easy as hell for the center to hold him off and have his teammate pass the ball right over this PG.

And so fu*king what? The rotation from the weak side should there the moment he catches the ball. Besides, no catch in the post will be easy as hell unless we're talking Steve Nash fronting Wilt. There will usually be always great risk with throwing a lob in, and the reward you get isn't even inside, but on the rotation on the perimeter.

You idiots acting like LeBron is doing some kind of miraculous feat fronting a lanky, weak center.

bizil
02-10-2014, 10:16 PM
Lebron comes the closest to being able to play and defend PG-C. For sure PG-PF no question. And sure certain centers. But guys like Kareem, Wilt, Shaq, Dream, Ewing, David, Moses, etc. I don't want Bron focusing on to stop. When I think of guy who can play a position, I mean a guy who can thrive in that role. But the fact that a guy like Bron or KG can come the closest to playing all five spots on both sides is a huge feat.

tmacattack33
02-10-2014, 10:19 PM
And so fu*king what? The rotation from the weak side should there the moment he catches the ball. Besides, no catch in the post will be easy as hell unless we're talking Steve Nash fronting Wilt. There will usually be always great risk with throwing a lob in, and the reward you get isn't even inside, but on the rotation on the perimeter.

You idiots acting like LeBron is doing some kind of miraculous feat fronting a lanky, weak center.

Wow

plowking
02-10-2014, 10:32 PM
People are still repeating this bullshit myth :facepalm Chris Bosh was always on Lebron's hip double-teaming Rose and Parker. Fools act like Lebron is on an island guarding these guys. He rarely ever has to guard any star guard or forward straight up in Spoelstra's defensive schemes.

I actually posted several videos from the Bulls games in 2011 and Bron was actually guarding Rose 1 on 1 most of the time, at times on an island. People really need to cut the crap especially with video evidence available.

KobesFinger
02-10-2014, 10:50 PM
How much is 120KG in pounds?:confusedshrug:

120kg = 264.555lbs = heavier than Pau Gasol :confusedshrug:

NBA.com has him at 250, BRef has him at 227

According to you Bran stans, Bran is 6'9 270 so even then he has the weight advantage

dabigbaws
02-11-2014, 12:18 AM
This is nothing. Durant was guarding Marc gasol last year and did a good job with his length

KendrickPerkins
02-11-2014, 12:22 AM
Not an ether at all. :oldlol:

I know it's true.

Illuminati
02-11-2014, 12:26 AM
This is nothing. Durant was guarding Marc gasol last year and did a good job with his length

Mario Chalmers dropped 25 on Durant. Chill with that.

Illuminati
02-11-2014, 12:27 AM
I actually posted several videos from the Bulls games in 2011 and Bron was actually guarding Rose 1 on 1 most of the time, at times on an island. People really need to cut the crap especially with video evidence available.

I don't doubt what you're saying, but care to post the videos again?

NumberSix
02-11-2014, 12:32 AM
Mario Chalmers dropped 25 on Durant. Chill with that.
In da muthaphuckin finals. DA FINALS NIQQA.