PDA

View Full Version : Newscaster confuses Sam Jackson with Laurence Fishburne... hilarity insues

Myth
02-10-2014, 06:02 PM
http://www.buzzfeed.com/jarettwieselman/samuel-l-jackson-eviscerates-anchor-who-confused-him-with-la

SLJ cracked me up in this. I liked the way both of them handled it. Samuel Jackson didn't drop it to make a point, but also did it in a way where it was still kind of light hearted. The white guy did a good job of owning it.

oarabbus
02-10-2014, 06:11 PM
http://www.buzzfeed.com/jarettwieselman/samuel-l-jackson-eviscerates-anchor-who-confused-him-with-la

SLJ cracked me up in this. I liked the way both of them handled it. Samuel Jackson didn't drop it to make a point, but also did it in a way where it was still kind of light hearted. The white guy did a good job of owning it.

At work so I can't watch the vid but check some of these comments

I like Samuel L Jackson but he was just looking for a fight there. Not everything that every white person says is intended to be racist.

Wow! What a piece of shit. It's no wonder all the characters he plays have a similar personality - they're all based on him.

Yeah man, Fishburne is the car guy. Jackson is the "I'll be a complete race baiting a-hole if you confuse me with someone else, or pretty much any other time" guy.

What a drama queen. Wonder if he's ever mistaken someone for another person. If made a joke it'd be one thing but he went full Malcom X on the guy for a simple mix up.

Just like the time that guy mixed up Mark Wahlberg and Brad Pitt, right? :facepalm

Plus as of today, Jackson looks like a 50s beat poet and Fishburne's skin tone isn't even remotely close :oldlol:

East_Stone_Ya
02-10-2014, 06:14 PM
busted :oldlol:

Rasheed1
02-10-2014, 06:15 PM
:roll: Sammy L went in on him for a few minutes after that..

AWKWARD.. haha "What super bowl commercial?"

MP.Trey
02-10-2014, 06:17 PM
Reporter: "Let's talk about Robocop."

Samuel L.: "Ahhh hell no!"

:oldlol:

oarabbus
02-10-2014, 06:18 PM
Check it out guys! Upcoming cover for the NEW Kevin Hart standup:

http://mysixcents.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/katt-williams.jpg

-p.tiddy-
02-10-2014, 06:26 PM
poor guy just had to get unlucky enough to confuse 2 black actors and not 2 white actors...race card shoved right up his ass

-p.tiddy-
02-10-2014, 06:27 PM

lol, Sam Jackson is the same person in RL as he is in the movies...

flipogb
02-10-2014, 06:28 PM
Sam Rubin has been on KTLA 5 doing celebrity news forever, im surprised he would make such an error.

-p.tiddy-
02-10-2014, 06:30 PM
Sam Rubin has been on KTLA 5 doing celebrity news forever, im surprised he would make such an error.
he said he has interviewed Sam several times in the past...he also mentioned that Sam DID have a SB commercial...Cap America 2

not sure if he actually confused him with Laurence or if Sam just assumed he did...

ace23
02-10-2014, 06:33 PM
Damn Sam looking old as shit.

oarabbus
02-10-2014, 06:46 PM
You guys I just picked up this sweet Jet Li poster!

http://www.martialartsactionmovies.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Tony-Jaa.jpg

Lebron23
02-10-2014, 07:02 PM
http://www.sploofus.com/shimages/qimages/52709.jpg

Lebron23
02-10-2014, 07:04 PM
john cusack was also mistaken for kevin spacey.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXF8Lhvjqa8

Rasheed1
02-10-2014, 07:10 PM
john cusack was also mistaken for kevin spacey.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXF8Lhvjqa8

he looks p*ssed :oldlol:

Dumb female: Really? Really? Really?

wrong as f*ck :facepalm

shaq2000
02-10-2014, 07:12 PM
Anyone seen Extras? Ricky Gervais and his chick friend making the same mistake. :oldlol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNFGvWRA6Tg

Lebron23
02-10-2014, 07:17 PM
Samuel Jackson is the man. It's still one of my favorite quotes in movie history.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSBbwtZ2ae8

outbreak
02-10-2014, 07:23 PM
chances are the newscaster is reading from notes and scripts anyway, it's more likely he doesn't even know who did what commercial he is just reading what he's been told to talk about and someone along the line messed up. It's not always a race thing, other white actors have been confused before. Wasn't kiera knightly asked about a movie natalie portman was in once?

tomtucker
02-10-2014, 08:02 PM
funny, but kinda lame of jackson to turn it into a race thing........mistakes like these have happened before and will again........but i guess he has to get angry, since that is what he got famous for (in movies)

D-FENS
02-10-2014, 08:09 PM

I like that he said there must be a short line for his job. Owned the guy on TV and he kept at him. SLJ should have just said, that's very unprofessional and hang up on the guy

knickballer
02-10-2014, 08:17 PM
funny, but kinda lame of jackson to turn it into a race thing........mistakes like these have happened before and will again........but i guess he has to get angry, since that is what he got famous for (in movies)

Poor guy kept on apologizing as well while Jackson still went in like someone called his wife a hoe or something. "DO WE ALL LOOK THE SAME TO YOU?"

Celebrities with their over the top egos..

MavsSuperFan
02-11-2014, 04:33 AM
I remember reading an article about how it was harder for people from different races to tell the difference between people of other races. Especially if they weren't familiar with people from those races

Supposedly distinguishing characteristics of Europeans were different from Asians and those were different from Africans so on.

Eg. Among Europeans hair Color was a significant characteristics that euros use to see the difference in each other. Basically Europeans were used to seeing hair color differences between people and had trouble distinguishing between people if they lack differences like that.

nightprowler10
02-11-2014, 11:14 AM
My favorite actor, Morgan Freeman.

http://www.celticstown.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/bill-russell-rings-240x300.jpg

nightprowler10
02-11-2014, 11:15 AM
I remember reading an article about how it was harder for people from different races to tell the difference between people of other races. Especially if they weren't familiar with people from those races

Supposedly distinguishing characteristics of Europeans were different from Asians and those were different from Africans so on.

Eg. Among Europeans hair Color was a significant characteristics that euros use to see the difference in each other. Basically Europeans were used to seeing hair color differences between people and had trouble distinguishing between people if they lack differences like that.
This is absolutely true. When I first came to America, I used to get some of my white teachers confused with one another if they were of similar build.

Thing is though, that eventually subsides unless you have zero interaction with people of that race.

Rameek
02-11-2014, 11:20 AM
OMG Sam Jax went in hard body!:bowdown:

Poor reporter :cry:

Le Shaqtus
02-11-2014, 11:24 AM

:roll:

tomtucker
02-11-2014, 02:40 PM
Poor guy kept on apologizing as well while Jackson still went in like someone called his wife a hoe or something. "DO WE ALL LOOK THE SAME TO YOU?"

Celebrities with their over the top egos..

no doubt, the "DO WE ALL LOOK THE SAME TO YOU?" was way out of line !

oarabbus
02-11-2014, 03:02 PM
no doubt, the "DO WE ALL LOOK THE SAME TO YOU?" was way out of line !

The guy is a professional, he should know exactly who he is interviewing and what their body of work is.

Done_And_Done
02-11-2014, 03:07 PM
lol @ the "oh hell no"

There was no way SLJ wasn't going to allow himself to capitalize on this botch up lol

BRabbiT
02-11-2014, 03:12 PM
http://media.giphy.com/media/u5ANfLVooNVi8/giphy.gif

:lol

-p.tiddy-
02-11-2014, 03:13 PM
Sam was correct to be upset, but out of line to blame it on race IMO...if you are going to confuse 2 people obviously they will be the same race/sex...there is nothing racist about that at all

and I am also a bit confused to whether or not the guy actually confused him with Fishburne...in his apology rant he says he DOES know who Sam Jackson is and has interviewed him several times, and that Sam DID have a SB commercial, Captain America 2. Perhaps he was talking about Cap 2 the whole time and when Sam went into him he just assumed that he made a mistake when in reality he didn't so he felt bad about it and went along.

HardwoodLegend
02-11-2014, 03:24 PM
and I am also a bit confused to whether or not the guy actually confused him with Fishburne...in his apology rant he says he DOES know who Sam Jackson is and has interviewed him several times, and that Sam DID have a SB commercial, Captain America 2. Perhaps he was talking about Cap 2 the whole time and when Sam went into him he just assumed that he made a mistake when in reality he didn't so he felt bad about it and went along.

That might have been the case, and he should have defended himself if it was. In his notes, it should have said "Superbowl Commercial (Captain America 2)" so he could have been fully prepared to discuss what it was about. He had ample time to interject when Samuel L. Jackson asked "What Superbowl commercial?" and paused afterwards.

He should have had some pride and stood his ground if he didn't make a mistake.

MavsSuperFan
02-11-2014, 05:29 PM
This is absolutely true. When I first came to America, I used to get some of my white teachers confused with one another if they were of similar build.

Thing is though, that eventually subsides unless you have zero interaction with people of that race.
I am embarrassed to admit this but as a kid I thought it was chris rock and jackie chan in rush hour 1.

Lucky I learned that tucker and rock were too different people by myself, before anyone realized it.

Also I confused an asian guy that owned a grocery store with one that owned a restaurant my parents and I went to. I used to think it was just one successful dude, but later I realized that they were just 2 different guys.

The funny part is now that I know that rock and tucker and different people, they don't even look the same or similar to me. Same with the 2 asian guys.
But before I realized the difference my mind kind of made them the same guy. Its weird.

oarabbus
02-11-2014, 05:44 PM
I am embarrassed to admit this but as a kid I thought it was chris rock and jackie chan in rush hour 1.

Lucky I learned that tucker and rock were too different people by myself, before anyone realized it.

Also I confused an asian guy that owned a grocery store with one that owned a restaurant my parents and I went to. I used to think it was just one successful dude, but later I realized that they were just 2 different guys.

The funny part is now that I know that rock and tucker and different people, they don't even look the same or similar to me. Same with the 2 asian guys.
But before I realized the difference my mind kind of made them the same guy. Its weird.

:lol That's hilarious. Damn this guy's workin his ass off!

MavsSuperFan
02-11-2014, 06:07 PM
:lol That's hilarious. Damn this guy's workin his ass off!
:lol I was legit disappointed to find it was 2 separate guys.
I had this narrative in my head about how efficient it was to take his produce and cook it and serve it in his restaurant.

I was like damn that makes sense, and is smart.
Then I found it was 2 different guys and was like "well thats boring"

Ratnik
02-11-2014, 06:23 PM
Black people and racism :facepalm

tontoz
02-11-2014, 07:58 PM
SLJ was just having some fun at that guys expense. He was holding back a smirk the whole time. After he was done he just went about the interview like nothing happened. I don't think he was offended at all.

Some of the comments are pretty dumb. He was just having a laugh.

HardwoodLegend
02-11-2014, 08:07 PM
SLJ was just having some fun at that guys expense. He was holding back a smirk the whole time. After he was done he just went about the interview like nothing happened. I don't think he was offended at all.

He dragged it out far too long and the "short line for your job" comment was a personal shot. I think he was slightly offended and not as lighthearted as you're suggesting.

tontoz
02-11-2014, 08:24 PM
He dragged it out far too long and the "short line for your job" comment was a personal shot. I think he was slightly offended and not as lighthearted as you're suggesting.

Apparently he has been interviewed by the guy several times previously. If he was being interviewed by him for the first time he probably wouldn't have messed with him so much.

Myth
02-11-2014, 08:47 PM

That is how I viewed it. He was slightly offended at first, but then was having fun with it.

chosen_one6
02-11-2014, 08:56 PM
"You're worse than the guys on twitter" suggests that Samuel got confused a lot with Laurence and his "Matrix" commercial for Kia on Twitter and other social media. Samuel L. was in that Captain America commercial for about 2.5 seconds out of the entire 2 and 1/2 minutes. Why would people talk to Sam about that commercial when he's barely in it? I think that's what made him give the newscaster a ribbing. He went a little further with some sarcastic remarks that I think is making this whole situation a little overblown. I thought the entire exchange was funny.

HomieWeMajor
02-11-2014, 09:29 PM
I used to think that no tears on the shampoo bottle meant no crying

Rasheed1
02-11-2014, 09:35 PM

agreed.. A lot of posters who usually think everything is so funny seem to now be a little hurt over Sammy L's comments

I thought it was hilarious

"lighten up and take a joke"

Myth
02-11-2014, 09:54 PM
agreed.. A lot of posters who usually think everything is so funny seem to now be a little hurt over Sammy L's comments

I thought it was hilarious

"lighten up and take a joke"

They were pretty quick to call out the black man, weren't they. ;)

Rasheed1
02-11-2014, 10:14 PM
They were pretty quick to call out the black man, weren't they. ;)

things definitely weren't so funny all of a sudden :oldlol:

Balla_Status
02-12-2014, 05:28 AM
That was great. I remember he was doing an interview for Django Unchained and the guy asked him about the excessive use of the "n-word" and SLJ kept begging him to say it.

nightprowler10
02-12-2014, 01:18 PM
That was great. I remember he was doing an interview for Django Unchained and the guy asked him about the excessive use of the "n-word" and SLJ kept begging him to say it.
Hahaha, was it the same newscaster?

32jazz
02-12-2014, 05:40 PM

I always liked Susan Sarandon for some reason & I always got her confused with Sigourney Weaver. I guess it was more of a mistaken NAME recognition than a FACIAL recognition because I'd be disappointed when Weaver would appear(movie/talk show), but I expected Susan Sarandon.

As far as facial recognition between White actresses I simply gave up on EMMA THOMPSON & the now deceased NATASHA RICHARDSON. If I could post pictures everyone could understand the Confusion as they could pass as sisters easily.

Sammy L. Was just having fun at the guys expense.

OhNoTimNoSho
02-12-2014, 08:40 PM
I think he went in because thats just what Samuel L Jackson does.... in movies