PDA

View Full Version : Jesus christ is anyone watching ESPN talk about Lebron's dunks?

talkingconch
02-11-2014, 01:26 AM
Look, these are good dunks.

but mother of god...these guys are behaving like they saw something Dwight Howard-esque (2008). All he is doing is dunks you guys would see in game from him or other players, just more rougher slams to make it seem like its greater.

He threw the ball off the top of the wall and they highlighted the ball..as if we couldnt see it point blank lmao. And a reverse dunk? We've never seen this before?

People dont understand if he were to join the dunk contest he would need to think of something creative. His highlight plays in games are GREAT because they are fast break opportonities and he is very athletic so he can finish aesthetically.

Im Still Ballin
02-11-2014, 01:29 AM
respect da king

navy
02-11-2014, 01:30 AM
I know what you mean. ESPN sucks more Lebron **** than pauk.

9erempiree
02-11-2014, 01:34 AM
That is why this generation of fans and basketball is the weakest ever.

Just watered down and dumb-down crap.

AnaheimLakers24
02-11-2014, 01:40 AM
only time i have espn on is when there is a nba game on

BlazerRed
02-11-2014, 01:45 AM
ESPN. Nuff said.

IMObjective
02-11-2014, 01:46 AM
I know what you mean. ESPN sucks more Lebron **** than pauk.
They want LeBron to be like Mike.

talkingconch
02-11-2014, 01:49 AM
Hes already done more to prove that he can't as opposed to can. (His actions, career choices)

Marchesk

http://scalabrinealert.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Disapointed-Michael-Jordan-Headshake.gif

DonDadda59
That shit was pathetic. Grown ass men groveling and begging for a dude half their age, who they're old enough to be a father too... begging him to partake in an exhibition event? :facepalm

But let's be real... Bronze loves the attention... just doesn't want to have anything at all to do with competition.

buddha
02-11-2014, 01:50 AM
people who watch ESPN are 5x as likely to be a *******.

Im so nba'd out
02-11-2014, 06:15 AM
its too much azz kissing and dk sucking in this world.Im not mad @ lebron/kobes of the world if people fall for it let em.

East_Stone_Ya
02-11-2014, 06:19 AM
ESPN :facepalm

rhowen4
02-11-2014, 06:26 AM
the throws were good. the dunks were relatively normal

Rake2204
02-11-2014, 11:11 AM
This makes me shake my head. LeBron himself has had numerous way better practice dunks that what was displayed on that video. For this to be the fourth leading story on ESPN.com (bounced to now fifth leading story after the night) makes me bow my head in shame. Why is this story even a thing?

Milbuck
02-11-2014, 11:17 AM
http://scalabrinealert.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Disapointed-Michael-Jordan-Headshake.gif
Off topic, but MJ in his later years with the Bulls was one scary looking ****er for a guard. Intimidating as hell.

edrick
02-11-2014, 11:18 AM
Dunks are average. The passes are excellent though.

hitmanyr2k
02-11-2014, 11:19 AM
only time i have espn on is when there is a nba game on

Exactly. Do people still watch ESPN voluntarily? :oldlol: Their product is crap.

Le Shaqtus
02-11-2014, 11:19 AM
It was pretty pathetic.

Does a couple of ok dunks in a gym and ESPN is slobbering all over his nuts, there are better stories to talk about :facepalm

kc16
02-11-2014, 11:21 AM
I find it hilarious that they are actually starting the show with "LeBron practice dunks". Why is this even news, ESPN always on LeBron stuff especially when its nonsense like this. I personally don't even believe LeBron will win this year's dunk contest if he was in it, I feel like he is a in game dunker anyway.

Foster5k
02-11-2014, 11:42 AM
I like ESPN. I'm not going to follow the sheep here and say they suck. They're good at what they do.

With that said, those dunks weren't even thread worthy. Let alone, TV worthy.

NumberSix
02-11-2014, 01:21 PM
Ra-shpake

Kblaze8855
02-11-2014, 01:46 PM
People dont understand if he were to join the dunk contest he would need to think of something creative.

No he wouldn't. Lebron could win an NBA dunk contest off dunks hes done in game....because he wouldn't miss any.

Fred Jones won a dunk contest during which he MISSED HIS LAST DUNK....but the ball technically went in. And since it did it couldn't be replaced...but his opponents didn't even go in. So he won.

You think Lebron would get risky? He would be the guy to win off all 44s because hes gonna not gonna get too fancy.

Really...watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJ6nqOGJhto

Fred Jones third dunk was nasty....

The first two ive seen Lebron do better....and the fourth was a miss. And it won the contest.

Happens all the time. Guy has one nice dunk and wins off others falling apart. There have been at least 2 dunk contests during his career he would have won with dunks we have already seen. Maybe more.

The best dunks often don't come from the winner because they get too fancy on their others.

Not like Lebron couldn't barely jump over the low part of a kia. Doesn't really take that much to win contests these days. People want to be so original they cant just...make the dunk on one try. Lebron would put his eyes on the rim and try to tear it off and get 45s start to finish and win with the 3rd best performance best dunks wise.

Hed just make all his and someone else would make 1 epic one, miss 2 more, and do windmill as time expires on the last.

Rake2204
02-11-2014, 02:05 PM
Really...watch this:

The first two ive seen Lebron do better....and the fourth was a miss. And it won the contest.That first Fred Jones dunk still blows my mind. What did the judges see that the rest of us didn't? Magic Johnson was sitting there nodding his head in approval saying, "I like dat" while holding up a 10 placard. Even amongst the amateur dunkers here at InsideHoops, I'm betting that's one of the few dunks most of us could all pull off in a similar vein. And for Jones to pull that perfect score right after Chris Anderson's swooping windmillish reverse received a mere 42 points (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9hXKU8MuNY)? Tragic.

Either way, no worries about a winner this year, as there will be no single champion. I'm pulling for the fan voted "Dunker of the Night" to come from the losing conference, so four of the six contestants all walk away "winners".

Mr Exlax
02-11-2014, 02:39 PM
Look, these are good dunks.

Stopped reading right there.

First one was nothing special. I could do that before I had back surgery.
The other 2 were aight. Nothing special. Nothing that the average NBA player can't do.

I can only imagine how ESPN tried to overhype these lame ass dunks.

For the record, I'm a big LeBron fan.

Black Mamba's B
02-11-2014, 03:15 PM
Stopped watching espn a long time ago. Biased commentary for every sport and they have their agendas. Only guy that keeps it real is Jalen

NumberSix
02-11-2014, 03:17 PM
Layups are cooler than dunks by a factor of over 9000.

DaSeba5
02-11-2014, 03:29 PM
It's not out fault you watch sensationalist BS media. What did you expect?

J Shuttlesworth
02-11-2014, 03:32 PM
No he wouldn't. Lebron could win an NBA dunk contest off dunks hes done in game....because he wouldn't miss any.

Fred Jones won a dunk contest during which he MISSED HIS LAST DUNK....but the ball technically went in. And since it did it couldn't be replaced...but his opponents didn't even go in. So he won.

You think Lebron would get risky? He would be the guy to win off all 44s because hes gonna not gonna get too fancy.

Really...watch this:

The first two ive seen Lebron do better....and the fourth was a miss. And it won the contest.

Happens all the time. Guy has one nice dunk and wins off others falling apart. There have been at least 2 dunk contests during his career he would have won with dunks we have already seen. Maybe more.

The best dunks often don't come from the winner because they get too fancy on their others.

Not like Lebron couldn't barely jump over the low part of a kia. Doesn't really take that much to win contests these days. People want to be so original they cant just...make the dunk on one try. Lebron would put his eyes on the rim and try to tear it off and get 45s start to finish and win with the 3rd best performance best dunks wise.

Hed just make all his and someone else would make 1 epic one, miss 2 more, and do windmill as time expires on the last.
Damn getting paukish with these essays :coleman:

Black and White
02-11-2014, 03:41 PM
At least Skip and Stephen A ripped him for this.

NumberSix
02-11-2014, 03:42 PM
At least Skip and Stephen A ripped him for this.
Dats fug-dup.

senelcoolidge
02-11-2014, 03:44 PM
espn is so scripted. everyone of their shows they talk about the same things. from sportcenter, to skip, to whatever other shows they have they just talk about the same things. No deviation, no original ideas..it's boring.