PDA

View Full Version : Melo and Bron would be stupid not to go to L.A. (Lakers and Clippers)

Connor B
02-11-2014, 03:10 AM
I am not an L.A. fan at all, been there one in my life on vacation...I have no agenda for this.

Case for Melo

If Melo wants to WIN, he should go to L.A.. Why? Because he sets him up for victory in the long run. I have no idea how the Kobe/Melo thing would work out, I actually think it'd work alright, but what's key is the fact that unless the Wolves are dumb enough not to trade Kevin Love, he will go there in 2015. All of a sudden you've got PG/Kobe/Melo/Love/C. Then, in 2016, it is not inconceivable that Westbrook would go to L.A...Kobe probably retires, but you've still got a very loaded big 3. And if you think that is unrealistic, you aren't respecting what the Lakers are able to do. They have the money and the front office to lure players just as they always have. If he were to go for Chicago, you are gambling on a Rose who most people agree with never be his former MVP self. Yes, the East is weaker, but Indiana & Miami (if Lebron were to stay) are running the show for a few years here as two of the best teams in the whole league. Melo needs multiple all-stars to win, Chicago can't give him that.

Case for Lebron

Well, if they can keep both Griffin and Paul, it should be a no brainer. CP3/Lebron/Griffin >>> Wade/Lebron/Bosh. Wade, I never like to doubt him because he always seems to show up when it matters and we've yet to see the playoffs where he'll probably play every game, but regardless he is getting older and his knees and mileage will catch up to him probably sooner than later. Bosh has actually played well this year but he isn't going to be enough with an aging Wade. If Clippers don't guarantee Griffin, it becomes more interesting. But I think prime CP3 + prime Lebron + role playing shooter and Deandre Jordan will be better than the 2014-2015 Heat as they are now.

Smook A.
02-11-2014, 03:18 AM
Lakers are pretty much starting over. Melo is almost 30. His window for a championship is closing fast. If he wants to win one withing the next 3 years he should take his talents to Chicago. I really really think Derrick Rose will stay healthy for all of next season. Rose/Carmelo/Noah/Butler is nice

As for LeBron... He should stay in Miami

kamil
02-11-2014, 03:22 AM
Why do people think Los Angeles is entitled to constant success?

Fiasco
02-11-2014, 03:23 AM
becauz

oarabbus
02-11-2014, 03:24 AM

The Celtics and Lakers have been basically constantly successful for decades is my guess.

ripthekik
02-11-2014, 03:27 AM
I agree for both, especially Lebron. He knows it himself, he needs 2 all stars in order to win. He will have that in Paul and Blake. It's the perfect destination for his next ring-chase. He would be stupid not to go.

MMM
02-11-2014, 03:36 AM
Lakers have $$$ but they don't have the flexibility to sign both Love and Melo. They would only have few cap exceptions to use to fill 10 more roster spots.

kamil
02-11-2014, 03:43 AM
The Celtics and Lakers have been basically constantly successful for decades is my guess.

Celtics have been largely irrelevant since Bird left in the early 90s and had a short stint of success not long ago. Not exactly 'constantly' successful. Lakers however, have been except for the last two years... and it puts a BIG smile on my face to finally see this overworshipped team fail. It gets really effing boring seeing the same team win over and over and over again.

East_Stone_Ya
02-11-2014, 05:53 AM
i understand if Melo wants to leave but Bron? naw he won't go to L.A

JohnFreeman
02-11-2014, 06:53 AM
Melo isn't going anywhere. Only place I can see him going is Chitown

IMObjective
02-11-2014, 07:02 AM
I know, right? Too bad that they're probably stupid.

Jameerthefear
02-11-2014, 07:03 AM
they aren't leaving

Sarcastic
02-11-2014, 07:12 AM
I think Lebron is done with Miami after this year. He knows he can't with with Bosh and Wade in the long run. He's gonna find a way to pair up with Melo and CP3 in LA with the Clippers, with Doc Rivers coaching them.

CeilingFan#1
02-11-2014, 07:13 AM
in 2015. All of a sudden you've got PG/Kobe/Melo/Love/C.

Dat defense :bowdown:

moe94
02-11-2014, 07:14 AM
I think Lebron is done with Miami after this year. He knows he can't with with Bosh and Wade in the long run. He's gonna find a way to pair up with Melo and CP3 in LA with the Clippers, with Doc Rivers coaching them.

I'm not sure how you could defend his legacy, at that point.

hahaitme
02-11-2014, 07:54 AM
Melo takes a paycut and plays SF for miami while bron moves to PG :lol :lol

JohnFreeman
02-11-2014, 08:17 AM
Melo takes a paycut and plays SF for miami while bron moves to PG :lol :lol
http://i.4cdn.org/b/src/1392120065803.gif

I<3NBA
02-11-2014, 08:47 AM
anyone going to the Lakers while Kobe is still there would be the stupid one.

mr.big35
02-11-2014, 08:53 AM
melo is not going anywhere he wants to play where he can jack 35 shots a game. he likes to play in new york

Chrono90
02-11-2014, 09:26 AM
LBJ & CP wouldnt be a good fit.

Frozen1
02-11-2014, 09:42 AM
I don

IMObjective
02-11-2014, 09:47 AM
[QUOTE=Frozen1]I don

Frozen1
02-11-2014, 09:48 AM
But didn't LeBron always hint towards the fact that he'd like to play alongside cp3?

Never saw that.

uber
02-11-2014, 10:53 AM
But didn't LeBron always hint towards the fact that he'd like to play alongside cp3?

Melo did.

Spaulding
02-11-2014, 11:11 AM
Amazing people are saying "rose will be healthy next year" pff himself and everyone else thought he would be good to go THIS year. So who knows whats gonna happen to him now.

Melo shouldn't go to Bulls. Team has flushed two seasons down the drain hoping Rose will be healthy. In the mean time they have failed to bring another all star to the team.

plowking
02-11-2014, 11:50 AM
I agree for both, especially Lebron. He knows it himself, he needs 2 all stars in order to win. He will have that in Paul and Blake. It's the perfect destination for his next ring-chase. He would be stupid not to go.

Interesting. rip admitting Lebron's team currently isn't the best and that the other options out there are better. I'll bump this post if the Heat do win it this year.

hawksdogsbraves
02-11-2014, 11:53 AM
I think Melo should go to the bulls, ofcourse like you mentioned its risky because of derricks health

Bron should stay in Miami, I doubt he wants to be known as a guy that keeps going to different teams, it was bad enough he went to miami

So Carmelo should definitely move on to his third team, but Bron should definitely not because that would make him known for going to different teams?

JohnFreeman
02-11-2014, 11:54 AM
So Carmelo should definitely move on to his third team, but Bron should definitely not because that would make him known for going to different teams?
Well Melo isn't in the conversation for top 10 player is he?

SavageMode
02-11-2014, 01:50 PM
C:Oden
PF:Bosh
SF:Melo
SG:Wade
PG:Lebron

6th man: Allen

Miami Heat 2015 team.

pegasus
02-11-2014, 02:01 PM
Amazing people are saying "rose will be healthy next year" pff himself and everyone else thought he would be good to go THIS year. So who knows whats gonna happen to him now.

Melo shouldn't go to Bulls. Team has flushed two seasons down the drain hoping Rose will be healthy. In the mean time they have failed to bring another all star to the team.

There's no guarantee Rose will be healthy next season, but Melo-Noah-Taj-Butler-Thibs is an excellent core and could make the ECF. And with an healthy Rose, the sky is the limit.

Flash31
02-11-2014, 02:58 PM
Either the hate for Lebron and the Heat is beyond measure to where people lose a crapload of braincells or yall are beyond morons in the first place

So lets get this straight,
the Miami Heat have been to the Finals 3 Straight Times,have the
2nd Longest Winning Streak in History,won back to back championships
are favorites to go to finals a 4th Straight Time and Championship Favs,
have the Most Efficient Offense with LJ avg 26 on a Career Low Min and FGA
yet being most efficient
have two all stars in Wade/Bosh also two of most efficient players and
at top or near top of their positions AND PlAY DEFENSE

so bc of that hes going to leave a Championship Team,A Dynasty in the Making Team
for a soft pf who plays No D,has barely any post game,no range
a pg who is the best but requires the ball More than Wade
and is injured more than Wade and cant play D on SG

and those two Cant Defend the Rim like Wade and Bosh or the Pick n Roll

And the HEAT trade their Best player and Best player in League
WHY?
This isnt the grizz fo,the cavs,jazz,magic

Thatll be like the Lakers TRADING SHAQ in 03

Logic,this forum
Not Even Once.

grantz
02-11-2014, 03:04 PM
Lakers are pretty much starting over. Melo is almost 30. His window for a championship is closing fast. If he wants to win one withing the next 3 years he should take his talents to Chicago. I really really think Derrick Rose will stay healthy for all of next season. Rose/Carmelo/Noah/Butler is nice

As for LeBron... He should stay in Miami

:lol

LA_Showtime
02-11-2014, 05:09 PM
I would rather have a high draft pick than Carmelo Anthony. Oh wait, I'm pretty sure we traded away our draft pick for next year. Awesome. Welcome to mediocrity, fellow Lakers fans.

SpecialQue
02-11-2014, 05:17 PM
Melo wouldn't want to play second fiddle to Kobe. Lebron wouldn't want to start over when his current team has been successful for three straight seasons.

smoovegittar
02-11-2014, 06:05 PM
Bron and Love come to New York - make history. Haters all jump out the windows; ISH crashes for 2 weeks. Get it done, Dolan! :banana:

Haymaker
02-11-2014, 06:05 PM
Bron should stay in Miami, I doubt he wants to be known as a guy that keeps going to different teams, it was bad enough he went to miami

This. If he stays in Miami people will see his "decision" in another light. If he jumps ship, he will be seen as a ring chaser. I doubt there's a better place for him than Miami. Riley will always make sure he's surrounded with a stacked team.