PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jordan - "Kevin Durant is going to sneak through the backdoor...."

PsychoBe
02-11-2014, 11:32 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ma3YpyuuxE

considering the current state of the league, did michael jordan's prophecy come into fruition? right now, at this moment, i believe it is safe to say that kevin durant is the best player in the game. and what's even more fascinating about it is that no one saw it coming.

we figured that lebron would put up his usual numbers and dominate while durant was nipping at his heels but instead, the roles have been reversed so dramatically that it really came out of nowhere.

JohnFreeman
02-11-2014, 11:33 AM
Fairly sure everybody said Durant would be a superstar in this league. I am waiting for David to turn up.

BoutPractice
02-11-2014, 11:33 AM
Your nickname is PsychoBe.

Foster5k
02-11-2014, 11:38 AM
Said the same thing about Kwame Brown.

However, as we all know, Kwame Brown got kicked out the backdoor.

tomtucker
02-11-2014, 11:38 AM
:biggums: .................that is something i only expected magic johnson would say

PsychoBe
02-11-2014, 12:06 PM
Fairly sure everybody said Durant would be a superstar in this league. I am waiting for David to turn up.

durant is more than a superstar now. he is unarguably the best basketball player in the world. i was talking in terms of how in the beginning it was "kobe vs lebron" but jordan was correct in prophesying that durant was going to sneak up on (and possibly pass) both of them. though the now is how long he can sustain his success.

JohnFreeman
02-11-2014, 12:09 PM
durant is more than a superstar now. he is unarguably the best basketball player in the world. i was talking in terms of how in the beginning it was "kobe vs lebron" but jordan was correct in prophesying that durant was going to sneak up on (and possibly pass) both of them. though the now is how long he can sustain his success.
Durant isn't passing up anyone. In my eyes, you can never claim to be the best without a ring.

ralph_i_el
02-11-2014, 12:12 PM
Durant isn't passing up anyone. In my eyes, you can never claim to be the best without a ring.

do you watch basketball or the "List of NBA champions" Wikipedia page?

HoopsFanNumero1
02-11-2014, 12:21 PM
To be honest, I never expected Durant to be as good as he's playing right now. Though I will say the gap between him and Lebron is more pronounced right now because Lebron's not playing up to expectations right now. Whether or not he's conserving his body, that'll be seen in the playoffs. But as of now, Durant is playing better.

JohnFreeman
02-11-2014, 12:21 PM
do you watch basketball or the "List of NBA champions" Wikipedia page?
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7dw2c8qBh1rbon87o1_500.gif

CelticBaller
02-11-2014, 12:32 PM
LeBron was the clear best even before he won a ring, same with Jordan.

JohnFreeman
02-11-2014, 12:33 PM
LeBron was the clear best even before he won a ring, same with Jordan.
But there was still that divide between great player and "best in the world"

pegasus
02-11-2014, 12:49 PM
That's just the GOAT's way of saying Durant is gonna fu*ck Lebron in the ass if they meet in the finals. I'm pretty sure that's why Lebron is gonna quit on his team in the second round or the ECF.

JohnFreeman
02-11-2014, 12:50 PM
That's just the GOAT's way of saying Durant is gonna fu*ck Lebron in the ass if they meet in the finals. I'm pretty sure that's why Lebron is gonna quit on his team in the second round or the ECF.
Like 2012?

pegasus
02-11-2014, 12:50 PM
Like 2012?
Nope, the refs are not invited this time.

SpecialQue
02-11-2014, 12:51 PM
People used to say that about Collins.

JohnFreeman
02-11-2014, 12:51 PM
Nope, the refs are not invited this time.
So Durant won't be scoring much than?

NumberSix
02-11-2014, 12:52 PM
Wow. Jordan predicted Durant being a top player during the season that Durant was runner-up for MVP and lead his team to the finals. What a prophet.

PsychoBe
02-11-2014, 01:05 PM
Wow. Jordan predicted Durant being a top player during the season that Durant was runner-up for MVP and lead his team to the finals. What a prophet.

you missed the point. he correctly predicted that kevin durant would sneak up on lebron and kobe and become the best player in the world which he is currently and it's an amazing thing to see considering how it happened just as he said it did - through the backdoor.

ArbitraryWater
02-11-2014, 01:38 PM

:oldlol:

I<3NBA
02-11-2014, 01:44 PM
you missed the point. he correctly predicted that kevin durant would sneak up on lebron and kobe and become the best player in the world which he is currently and it's an amazing thing to see considering how it happened just as he said it did - through the backdoor.
lol at sneaking up. he'd been banging at the door the whole time. there's no sneaky thing about it.

Milbuck
02-11-2014, 01:49 PM
:lebronamazed:

riseagainst
02-11-2014, 01:50 PM
sounds dirty.

KyrieTheFuture
02-11-2014, 01:52 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7dw2c8qBh1rbon87o1_500.gif
:applause:

Very funny show.

tomtucker
02-11-2014, 01:55 PM

but he was a good guy, after he roofied you, he lubed up his victims bunghole, before he got busy

tomtucker
02-11-2014, 01:57 PM
also........nobody got my magic joke

:cry:

moe94
02-11-2014, 01:59 PM

GOAT gay jokes come from this dude. Every single time.

chazzy
02-11-2014, 02:07 PM
This revision by LBJ stans is ridiculous. Was Lebron not the best at any point before 2012?

moe94
02-11-2014, 02:12 PM
Which one is it?

Inbetweeners

ArbitraryWater
02-11-2014, 02:14 PM
Inbetweeners

Deleted comment lol. Copied the shit and eventually found a link on Yt... yep, thats the one. Love crime/drama&funny shit..

sportjames23
02-11-2014, 02:38 PM
GOAT predicting dat future. :bowdown:

NumberSix
02-11-2014, 02:41 PM
This revision by LBJ stans is ridiculous. Was Lebron not the best at any point before 2012?
Yes, but it wasn't due to a single MVP calibre half season.

chazzy
02-11-2014, 02:47 PM
Yes, but it wasn't due to a single MVP calibre half season.
So people were wrong to say he was the best during the 09 season?

Solefade
02-11-2014, 02:50 PM
So people were wrong to say he was the best during the 09 season?

he had some pretty amazing playoff moments (including 2007 ECF game 5 in detroit and his trip to the finals)

it's not the same context as KD this season

Bush4Ever
02-11-2014, 02:55 PM
Whether Durant passes, matches, or falls short of Lebron will probably be answerable three years past this season.

Have patience.

Demitri98
02-11-2014, 02:56 PM
Yes, Durant is very good at backdoor cuts.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-11-2014, 02:59 PM
Whether Durant passes, matches, or falls short of Lebron will probably be answerable three years past this season.

Have patience.

More like this upcoming playoffs. If Durant continues to play the way he has, there is nothing Lebron and his fellators can say or do about it.

NumberSix
02-11-2014, 03:01 PM
More like this upcoming playoffs. If Durant continues to play the way he has, there is absolutely nothing Lebron and his fellators can do about it.
And if LeBron plays the way he did game 6 in Boston from now until the end of time, there's nothing anyone can do about it.

Bush4Ever
02-11-2014, 03:01 PM
More like this upcoming playoffs. If Durant continues to play the way he has, there is nothing Lebron and his fellators can say or do about it.

I meant in a historical sense.

If Durant wins a ring this year, he clearly has earned the top spot (for the moment).

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-11-2014, 03:03 PM
And if LeBron plays the way he did game 6 in Boston from now until the end of time, there's nothing anyone can do about it.

Meh. Durant always has next year. Dude feenin' to snatch souls.

SamuraiSWISH
02-11-2014, 04:29 PM
Meh. Durant always has next year. Dude feenin' to snatch souls.
Dat Slim Reaper Doe, taking basketball lives and souls.

Seriously, he has more competitive spirit I think then LeBron. He wants to beat the elite contemporaries, not join their team. I truly feel that ... he's clearly not afraid of failure either, which explains him going to the Rucker, which is also why he'll succeed.

Oh, and GOAT gonna Nostradamus

NumberSix
02-11-2014, 04:31 PM
Dat Slim Reaper Doe, taking basketball lives and souls.

Seriously, he has more competitive spirit I think then LeBron. He wants to beat the elite contemporaries, not join their team. I truly feel that ... he's clearly not afraid of failure either, which explains him going to the Rucker, which is also why he'll succeed.

Oh, and GOAT gonna Nostradamus
Bookmarked for future ridicule after Deuxrant's next contract.

SamuraiSWISH
02-11-2014, 04:33 PM
Bookmarked for future ridicule after Deuxrant's next contract.
You mean bookmarked after LeBron's clearly more talented, albeit cowardly stacked squad beats Durant and his crew of defensive role players without his idiotic athletic PG? Ummm, ok. Takes a lot of guts, and will power there.

NumberSix
02-11-2014, 04:34 PM
You mean bookmarked after LeBron's clearly more talented, albeit cowardly stacked squad beats Durant and his crew of defensive role players without his idiotic athletic PG? Ummm, ok. Takes a lot of guts, and will power there.
Durants days in OKC are numbered. Dat niqqa prolly gon be a Lakah

bizil
02-11-2014, 04:35 PM
The way KD's all around game is evolving is the thing that impresses me. Many compared him to George Gervin, but KD's a much better all around player than Iceman at this point. He also drew T-Mac comparisons (more for scoring skillset) but his all around game is starting to make that comparison more valid. Now I think T-Mac is still a better passer at this point, but u gotta think KD is like 6'10 maybe 6'11. There has never been a player that size with his level of skill in terms of his combo shooting and ball handling. I think Dirk can shoot just as good, but KD's variety of scoring, athletic ability, and handles seperates him from Dirk. Cause if anything Dirk is a PF and KD has the frame and skills of a swingman. Sure right now Bron is better, but KD is the best alpha dog scorer in the world. With a very good all around game now. That speaks volumes!

KirbyPls
02-11-2014, 05:00 PM

Why so furious?

SamuraiSWISH
02-11-2014, 05:07 PM
Why so furious?
When a LeBron stan brags about how he's winning, beating other superstars teams (Rose's Bulls, Durant's Thunder) given the circumstances of how LeBron actually did begin to win NBA championships takes a total lack of self awareness ... and is quite idiotic. Keep your mouth shut, enjoy the success, but don't act like LeBron purposely didn't stack the deck to win as easily as possible.

LeBron doesn't compete hard unless there is a safety blanket, and he knows he's going to win.

That's why he quit on Cleveland in 2010, why he teamed up with Wade / Bosh, that's why he's clutch when momentum has already been turned, or has the confidence of playing with other superstars who could bail him out like say on Team USA and why he still refuses to enter the dunk contest even though he has attention whored about it for 5 or 6 years now.

He's admitted he has a bigger fear of failure, then an ambition for success. By definition he's a cowardly lion.

KirbyPls
02-11-2014, 05:11 PM
When a LeBron stan brags about how he's winning, beating other superstars teams (Rose's Bulls, Durant's Thunder) given the circumstances of how LeBron actually did begin to win NBA championships takes a total lack of self awareness ... and is quite idiotic. Keep your mouth shut, enjoy the success, but don't act like LeBron purposely didn't stack the deck to win as easily as possible.

LeBron doesn't compete hard unless there is a safety blanket, and he knows he's going to win.

That's why he quit on Cleveland in 2010, why he teamed up with Wade / Bosh, that's why he's clutch when momentum has already been turned, or has the confidence of playing with other superstars who could bail him out like say on Team USA and why he still refuses to enter the dunk contest even though he has attention whored about it for 5 or 6 years now.

He's admitted he has a bigger fear of failure, then an ambition for success. By definition he's a cowardly lion.

Maybe, but still why are you so angry. You are a fan of the GOAT and moreover, I've seen you be pretty complimentary to Bran many times on this forum. It seems you have a split personality when it comes to Lebron, since you still rank him in the top 10 all-time. Anyway, just trying to figure out your perspective.

SamuraiSWISH
02-11-2014, 05:13 PM
Maybe, but still why are you so angry. You are a fan of the GOAT and moreover, I've seen you be pretty complimentary to Bran many times on this forum. It seems you have a split personality when it comes to Lebron, since you still rank him in the top 10 all-time. Anyway, just trying to figure out your perspective.
I'm not angry. This is all fun. LeBron is top ten all-time. I'm complimentary when it's deserved. For anyone. My evaluation of his flaws, and psyche has nothing to do with what he has accomplished, or his worth as a basketball player. I've also said he's quite easily one of my five favorite players ever. I'm just being realistic about him.

aj1987
02-11-2014, 05:14 PM

Sure. It's not like he singlehandedly destroyed the Pacers last year or the Celtics before that.

KirbyPls
02-11-2014, 05:16 PM
I'm not angry. This is all fun. LeBron is top ten all-time. I'm complimentary when it's deserved. For anyone. My evaluation of his flaws, and psyche has nothing to do with what he has accomplished, or his worth as a basketball player. I've also said he's quite easily one of my five favorite players ever. I'm just being realistic about him.

:applause:

I don't like MJ, but he is far and away the GOAT. As a Bran fan, it's tough to separate the incessant trolling from actual objective observations, since you seem to make the later frequently.

SamuraiSWISH
02-11-2014, 05:18 PM
Sure. It's not like he singlehandedly destroyed the Pacers last year or the Celtics before that.
The game 6 v.s. the Celtics is the LONE performance that counteracts this. That is the one time where I've seen LeBron, with the actual pressure of expectation throw caution to the wind ... and just go out to win, by any means necessary. He had the look.

In 2012 he knew they were better than the Pacers. Even without Bosh. Indiana had yet to put the fear in them. He had a great game, sure. But he knew deep down they were still going to win. Converse to that the MVP cohort who he cowardly joined up with dropped an amazing 40+ game as well to close the series out. Why does everyone just mention LeBron's game in that series?

HoopsFanNumero1
02-11-2014, 05:25 PM
The game 6 v.s. the Celtics is the LONE performance that counteracts this. That is the one time where I've seen LeBron, with the actual pressure of expectation throw caution to the wind ... and just go out to win, by any means necessary. He had the look.

In 2012 he knew they were better than the Pacers. Even without Bosh. Indiana had yet to put the fear in them. He had a great game, sure. But he knew deep down they were still going to win. Converse to that the MVP cohort who he cowardly joined up with dropped an amazing 40+ game as well to close the series out. Why does everyone just mention LeBron's game in that series?

He said last year's Pacers...

aj1987
02-11-2014, 05:27 PM

Last season...2013 Pacers.. 11/5 Bosh and a 15/5/5 Wade.

JebronLames
02-11-2014, 05:34 PM

Won in 2013 with 0 all star teammates in the playoffs. Something mj hasn't done, and never will.

riseagainst
02-11-2014, 05:37 PM
Won in 2013 with 0 all star teammates in the playoffs. Something mj hasn't done, and never will.

1997-1998 seasons?
either way, it's more impressive to have 1 all star team, than to have a previous NBA FMVP on your team.

SamuraiSWISH
02-11-2014, 05:53 PM
When are all star games played in the playoffs? Wade, and Bosh were both clearly all stars all season. Even with nagging injuries. Heat were a stacked team, in a historically weak conference. Something MJ never had the luxury of plowing through.

Heat didn't face a single 50 win team until the Finals.

Old Duncan, Manu, and Parker pushed them to 7 games, would've won the series apart from Ray Allen's miracle, legacy saving shot.

LeBron was booty in last year's playoffs apart from the Pacers series. MJ won a ring as a 35 year old w/ no all-star if we're taking the argument down this route if Wade and Bosh aren't considered all stars in 2013. Actually Pippen wasn't an all star in '91, either. Does this count too? Dumb ass.

JebronLames
02-11-2014, 06:43 PM
When are all star games played in the playoffs? Wade, and Bosh were both clearly all stars all season. Even with nagging injuries. Heat were a stacked team, in a historically weak conference. Something MJ never had the luxury of plowing through.

Heat didn't face a single 50 win team until the Finals.

Old Duncan, Manu, and Parker pushed them to 7 games, would've won the series apart from Ray Allen's miracle, legacy saving shot.

LeBron was booty in last year's playoffs apart from the Pacers series. MJ won a ring as a 35 year old w/ no all-star if we're taking the argument down this route if Wade and Bosh aren't considered all stars in 2013. Actually Pippen wasn't an all star in '91, either. Does this count too? Dumb ass.
Pippen averaged 22/9/6 with elite defense in 91 playoffs. That one doesn't count.

aj1987
02-11-2014, 07:23 PM
The Spurs on average were younger than the Heat. TP was 30. Definitely not old and still in his prime. TP was an MVP candidate and TD was an MVP and DPOY candidate. IIRC, Miami was the oldest team in the league.

Also, Allen's shot wasn't a miracle. It's a shot that he made a couple thousand times in his career and considering the fact that he was 0-2 from 3pt range, the odds were in his favor to make that shot.

knicksman
02-11-2014, 07:34 PM
this s what im saying all along. Lebron knews it too that's why he cheated before he gets maloned

plowking
02-11-2014, 07:34 PM

You can't even remember your own teams championships. :oldlol:

91 championship had to be one of the easiest of all time. :oldlol:

SamuraiSWISH
02-11-2014, 07:39 PM
You can't even remember your own teams championships. :oldlol:

91 championship had to be one of the easiest of all time. :oldlol:
Yea I remember but the '91 Bulls were convincing in victory. Dominated pretty much everyone, including Magic's Lakers in the Finals. They didn't need to have multiple 7 game playoff wars with inferior teams. The Heat had an easy route to the championship yet still struggled.

Side note:
Barkley's Sixers > Rose, Hinrich, Deng-less Bulls.
Defending Champ Bad Boy Pistons > 2013 Pacers.
'91 Magic Lakers = 2013 Spurs.

plowking
02-11-2014, 07:42 PM
Yea I remember but the '91 Bulls were convincing in victory. Dominated pretty much everyone, including Magic's Lakers in the Finals. They didn't need to have multiple 7 game playoff wars with inferior teams. The Heat had an easy route to the championship yet still struggled.

Side note:

Keep convincing yourself bro. Nothing is easy when your two best players after the best one don't show up.

SamuraiSWISH
02-11-2014, 07:44 PM

Keep convincing yourself bro. Nothing is easy when your two best players after the best one don't show up.
They didn't show up in the Pacers series. They didn't need to be there to take down the 2013 Bucks, and 2013 Bulls. Garbage teams. But they definitely showed up in the Finals. Hell, a bench player saved Miami's entire season with one shot. You guys were about to lose to a 37 year old Tim Duncan led Spurs squad.

NumberSix
02-11-2014, 07:44 PM

Side note:
The 91-93 3-peat Bulls were using PEDs and voodoo.

True story.

Angel Face
02-11-2014, 07:47 PM
The GOAT knows what's up. When asked who he will pick between Lebron and Kobe he hesitated, instead picked Kevin Durant. The GOAT is preaching, he knows what's up. He knows KD is the real deal. The same year, 2013, he also said in order to stop Lebron, guard him from his left. Kobe proved that in all star game. Kobe blocked the living soul out of Lebron James and his stans. MJ knows. He is preaching.

MJ knows that the real successor to his throne is Kevin Durant. Kobe was up there but came short. He can only be a prince. That's fine. Lebron has a lot of potential on him but he pu$sy out. He's self proclaimed king but in reality, he's just the king's bed fixer.

plowking
02-11-2014, 07:50 PM
They didn't show up in the Pacers series. They didn't need to be there to take down the 2013 Bucks, and 2013 Bulls. Garbage teams. But they definitely showed up in the Finals. Hell, a bench player saved Miami's entire season with one shot. You guys were about to lose to a 37 year old Tim Duncan led Spurs squad.

That's why we have a team. No one saved anyone. :oldlol:

Your idiotic view of the game of basketball is exactly why no one cares what you write. All hyperbole, no substance.
You're entertainment for the retards like yourself on here. They're the only laughs you get.

INDI
02-11-2014, 08:05 PM

Jordan was the best player in the league for 3-4 seasons before he won.

Lebron was considered the best player in the league in 10-11 season without a ring.

it happens