PDA

View Full Version : LeBron says he is going to be a top 4 GOAT.

Ca$H
02-11-2014, 06:46 PM
"I'm going to be one of the top four that's ever played this game, for sure," LeBron James said in an interview that will air on NBA TV on Monday. "And if they don't want me to have one of those top four spots, they'd better find another spot on that mountain. Somebody's gotta get bumped, but that's not for me to decide. That's for the architects."

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/10439666/lebron-james-says-among-nba-all-greats

:biggums: :wtf: :facepalm What an arrogant human being.

SpecialQue
02-11-2014, 06:47 PM
OP exposed as a Lebron fan.

AnaheimLakers24
02-11-2014, 06:47 PM
no other greats acknowledge this pretend top 10 club, its disrespectful to other greats.
also hes barely top 20 so he has a way to go

riseagainst
02-11-2014, 06:48 PM
inb4 "he's already the GOAT."

inb4 "he's already top 4 GOAT."

Black and White
Weird dude man.

But seriously, MJ, Kareem, Russell, Magic, Wilt, Bird???? He confirms he will pass two of them?

livinglegend
inb4 "he's already the GOAT."

inb4 "he's already top 4 GOAT."

he s close to top 4, soon!

moe94
02-11-2014, 06:49 PM
When LeBron says it, he's an arrogant POS. When Kobe says it, he has desire to be the best!

What is this? 3rd thread?

kamil
Realizes he can't surpass MJ. Says he'll be Top 4 all-time.

Connor B
If he said he wasn't sure if he'd ever be a top ten player you guys would all be giving him shit for being beta. Such idiots on this board man I get we have trolls but he is absolutely right if he continues to win he will absolutely be top 4 ever.

Mr.Kite
he also said "not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7

HoopsFanNumero1
That's what I like to hear :applause:

Connor B
When LeBron says it, he's an arrogant POS. When Kobe says it, he has desire to be the best!

^^

Mr.Kite
02-11-2014, 06:50 PM
and he was a 3 point shot away from never being in a top 10 discussion.

riseagainst
02-11-2014, 06:50 PM
he also said "not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7

"I got a goal, and it's a huge goal, and that's to bring an NBA championship here to Cleveland, and I won't stop until I get it."

SpecialQue
02-11-2014, 06:51 PM
What the fvck do you people want him to say? "I'll be lucky if I'm in the top 20"???

moe94
02-11-2014, 06:52 PM
What the fvck do you people want him to say? "I'll be lucky if I'm in the top 20"???

So they can call him a beta and reassure their previous notions. You can never win.

Solefade
02-11-2014, 06:53 PM
well he's almost there, just need a couple more MVPs and rings

Black and White
02-11-2014, 06:53 PM
"I got a goal, and it's a huge goal, and that's to bring an NBA championship here to Cleveland, and I won't stop until I get it."

mr.big35
02-11-2014, 06:54 PM
he just needs ray allen to save him

kamil
02-11-2014, 06:54 PM

I think many of us would like him to have a Coke a shut the fvck up. I'd rather see him prove himself on the court rather than flap his gums like an attentionwhore.

livinglegend
02-11-2014, 06:55 PM
I think many of us would like him to have a Coke a shut the fvck up. I'd rather see him prove himself on the court rather than flap his gums like an attentionwhore.

2 straight FMVP

kennethgriffin
02-11-2014, 06:57 PM
its gonna be hard unless he wins allot more rings..

only reason wilts 2 rings get him so high is because he had 100 point games, 50ppg seasons.. holds every nba record.

take wilt out and the top guys are

- russell 11 rings
- jordan 6 rings
- kareem 6 rings
- magic 5 rings
- kobe 5 rings

cant possibly see him passing any of these guys without atleast catching one of them in rings

we all saw how lucky the heat had to be in order to steal a few.. and it took lebron a decade to do that.

and even if somehow lebron got up to 5 or 6.. people will say ( what about the lockout year.. you cant compare a lockout title to a full season )

so lebron will need 6 just to have a discussion for top 4...

that or drop a 101 point game and average a triple double for a season

HomieWeMajor
02-11-2014, 06:59 PM
Lebron's gon' be in that top 4 when its all said and done. He'll keep banging on the door like a BBC trying to enter the anus of a sweet little white girl. After a while the wall's gonna come down.

Milbuck
02-11-2014, 07:00 PM
He should focus on becoming a top 4 current NBA player.

Cold soul
02-11-2014, 07:00 PM
You show them Lebron. :sleeping

Warfan
02-11-2014, 07:01 PM

only reason wilts 2 rings get him so high is because he had 100 point games, 50ppg seasons.. holds every nba record.

- russell 11 rings
- jordan 6 rings
- kareem 6 rings
- magic 5 rings
- kobe 5 rings

cant possibly see him passing any of these guys without atleast catching one of them in rings

we all saw how lucky the heat had to be in order to steal a few.. and it took lebron a decade to do that.

and even if somehow lebron got up to 5 or 6.. people will say ( what about the lockout year.. you cant compare a lockout title to a full season )

The season was still like nearly 70 games right? I don't really see how you cant compare it.

KirbyPls
Lebron's gon' be in that top 4 when its all said and done. He'll keep banging on the door like a BBC trying to enter the anus of a sweet little white girl. After a while the wall's gonna come down.

:biggums:

lebron06
If he wins the title this year.. Definitely a top 4 GOAT :bowdown: :bowdown:

Black and White
02-11-2014, 07:02 PM
"Cleveland fans are awesome, but I mean, even my family gets spoiled at times watching me doing things that I do, on and off the court" - LeBron James

"I

SpecialQue
02-11-2014, 07:04 PM
"Cleveland fans are awesome, but I mean, even my family gets spoiled at times watching me doing things that I do, on and off the court" - LeBron James

Holy shit! :roll:

Black and White
02-11-2014, 07:05 PM
Holy shit! :roll:

I cracked up at that one

fpliii
02-11-2014, 07:05 PM

- russell 11 rings
- jordan 6 rings
- kareem 6 rings
- magic 5 rings
- kobe 5 rings

It just means LeBron doesn't view Kobe or any of the great big men as his competition for GOAT, evidently. In the same interview, he says he has Jordan, Bird, Magic, Oscar on his Mount Rushmore.

A few months ago, he said his top 4 were MJ, Bird, Dr. J, Magic:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...e-players-ever

So he anticipates the top 6 being MJ, Bird, Dr. J, Magic, Oscar, and himself in some order.

kennethgriffin
02-11-2014, 07:06 PM
The season was still like nearly 70 games right? I don't really see how you cant compare it.

because those 70 games didnt have a training camp and were played over a span of like 75 days which caused every single superstar to get hurt except for lebron because hes on hgh

dannywpt
02-11-2014, 07:07 PM
What is it exactly that makes him top 10 goat? His FG% alone?

Solefade
02-11-2014, 07:09 PM
So many Lebron threads :facepalm

Mods need to just group everything dealing with Lebron in 1 thread.

It would be the biggest thread ever

can we just make a lebron section?

kennethgriffin
02-11-2014, 07:10 PM
It just means LeBron doesn't view Kobe or any of the great big men as his competition for GOAT, evidently. In the same interview, he says he has Jordan, Bird, Magic, Oscar on his Mount Rushmore.

A few months ago, he said his top 4 were MJ, Bird, Dr. J, Magic:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...e-players-ever

So he anticipates the top 6 being MJ, Bird, Dr. J, Magic, Oscar, and himself in some order.

lol when bill russell handed him those 2 "bill russell" awards... who did he assume they were named after. some other guy named bill russell that never played basketball or something? and did he think the old guy on the stage was just lost and needed a ride back to the old folks home?

cause only then would i understand lebrons opinion

thats pretty bad.. lebron has the mindset of an average fan on the street. like he has less knowledge of basketball than my hockey friends up here in canada.

surprised he didnt have pistol pete on his list. that guy was in nba street!

:rolleyes:

Black and White
02-11-2014, 07:10 PM
"If there was an opportunity for me to return, and those fans welcome me back, that would be a great story" - LeBron James

"A LeBron James team is never desperate" - LeBron James

"To all the positions, I just bring the determination to win. Me being an unselfish player, I think that can carry on to my teammates. When you have one of the best players on the court being unselfish, I think that transfers to the other players" - LeBron James in a pre-draft press conference in 2003

NumberSix
02-11-2014, 07:12 PM
He right doe.

Wilt
Jordan
Shaq
LeBron

#reallife

Black and White
02-11-2014, 07:13 PM
He right doe.

Wilt
Jordan
Shaq
LeBron

#reallife

No Kareem?

Illuminati
02-11-2014, 07:13 PM
LeBron's being to nice here, let's be real, he's going to be top 2 at worst.

StrongLurk
02-11-2014, 07:14 PM
"I'm going to be one of the top four that's ever played this game, for sure," LeBron James said in an interview that will air on NBA TV on Monday. "And if they don't want me to have one of those top four spots, they'd better find another spot on that mountain. Somebody's gotta get bumped, but that's not for me to decide. That's for the architects."

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/10439666/lebron-james-says-among-nba-all-greats

:biggums: :wtf: :facepalm What an arrogant human being.

Like the rest of the top 10 players aren't arrogant? Lebron sounding alpha as fcuk!

fpliii
02-11-2014, 07:14 PM
lol when bill russell handed him those 2 "bill russell" awards... who did he assume they were named after. some other guy named bill russell that never played basketball or something? and did he think the old guy on the stage was just lost and needed a ride back to the old folks home?

cause only then would i understand lebrons opinion

thats pretty bad.. lebron has the mindset of an average fan on the street. like he has less knowledge of basketball than my hockey friends up here in canada.

surprised he didnt have pistol pete on his list. that guy was in nba street!

:rolleyes:
lol

idk man, maybe he just wants to ignore bigs. He has spoken of Kobe highly before, so maybe he's just saying that because he's still playing? Throw Kobe in there, and in no particular order you get:

Jordan
Magic
Bird
Oscar
Kobe
Dr. J
LeBron

Not horrible.

Meticode
02-11-2014, 07:16 PM
Then next game he goes out and tears both MCL and ACLs on both his knees.

NumberSix
02-11-2014, 07:16 PM
No Kareem?
Nope.

Frozen1
02-11-2014, 07:17 PM
So many Lebron threads :facepalm

Mods need to just group everything dealing with Lebron in 1 thread.

It would be the biggest thread ever

Yeah, good idea, there should really be a "Lebron Thread".

Black and White
02-11-2014, 07:17 PM
Nope.

He is the all-time leading scorer and a six time champion, there is no case for LeBron over him.

TheReal Kendall
02-11-2014, 07:18 PM
can we just make a lebron section?

Seriously!

This is getting out of hand

Ai2death
02-11-2014, 07:19 PM
Seriously!

This is getting out of hand

Won't somebody think of the children!!!

NumberSix
02-11-2014, 07:20 PM
He is the all-time leading scorer and a six time champion, there is no case for LeBron over him.
Won 1 ring+FMVP in his prime.

kennethgriffin
02-11-2014, 07:21 PM
when people ask kobe about all time rankings. he says its impossible. cause every generation steals things from the one before it

without baylor there is no dr j.. no baylor or dr j there is no jordan.. no baylor, drj, jordan there is no kobe... no baylor, drj, jordan, kobe.. there is no paul george

Black and White
02-11-2014, 07:24 PM
Won 1 ring+FMVP in his prime.

What does that have to do with anything??? He has 2 FMVPs, he has scored the most points in history, was a dominant force and is widely regarded by many of his peers as the greatest to ever play, what case does Bran have?

NumberSix
02-11-2014, 07:26 PM
when people ask kobe about all time rankings. he says its impossible. cause every generation steals things from the one before it

without baylor there is no dr j.. no baylor or dr j there is no jordan.. no baylor, drj, jordan there is no kobe... no baylor, drj, jordan, kobe.. there is no paul george
Yeah, that's how progression works. :hammerhead:

The people who make planes today are better than the people who made them 60 years ago. It's not a level playing field.

People in the present > people in the past.

aj1987
02-11-2014, 07:29 PM
What does that have to do with anything??? He has 2 FMVPs, he has scored the most points in history, was a dominant force and is widely regarded by many of his peers as the greatest to ever play, what case does Bran have?
Youngest ever to:
Win 4 MVP's
Reach 20,000/5,000/5,000 club
On pace to score well over 30,000 points

Just think about it for a minute. LeBron's 29 and his resume so far:
4x MVP
2X NBA Champ
2x FMVP

Black and White
02-11-2014, 07:33 PM
[QUOTE=aj1987]Youngest ever to:
Win 4 MVP's

4x MVP
2X NBA Champ
2x FMVP

NumberSix
02-11-2014, 07:33 PM
[QUOTE=aj1987]Youngest ever to:
Win 4 MVP's

4x MVP
2X NBA Champ
2x FMVP

navy
02-11-2014, 07:34 PM
LOL, ESPN asked the question and he said yes. He should have said his goal was to be number one.

miles berg
02-11-2014, 07:36 PM
no other greats acknowledge this pretend top 10 club, its disrespectful to other greats.
also hes barely top 20 so he has a way to go

Wait, what?????

Easily top 11 right now as we sit here.

kennethgriffin
02-11-2014, 07:38 PM
Yeah, that's how progression works. :hammerhead:

The people who make planes today are better than the people who made them 60 years ago. It's not a level playing field.

People in the present > people in the past.

well thats a good way of ranking if you're a current fan of a current player. but then what happens 40 years from now when 8 generations of guys take over the nba?

then your current top guy gets bumped down to the 9 spot

NumberSix
02-11-2014, 07:39 PM
well thats a good way of ranking if you're a current fan of a current player. but then what happens 40 years from now when 8 generations of guys take over the nba?

then your current top guy gets bumped down to the 9 spot
Yes. Exactly.

imnew09
02-11-2014, 07:40 PM
Then next game he goes out and tears both MCL and ACLs on both his knees.

aww Cavs fans :roll: :lol

But seriously, joining two other superstars doesn't make you a top four tho

Illuminati
02-11-2014, 07:40 PM
Name me 11 players with a better resume than LeBron, and don't be like Kobe stans saying MVPs are voted by Skip Bayless.

BoutPractice
02-11-2014, 07:41 PM
He also said several times that he wants to be the greatest player to have ever played. So if anything he's lowered his goals :D

germanfellow
02-11-2014, 07:41 PM
u just wished that lebron would turn into a smart and humble sportsman, shut up about all this and just play the game, honor the great ones before him, and let others do the ranking for him.

to me its not really about whether or not hes right about the issue but about how he conducts himself. and i guess he could learn a thing or two from the likes of Timmy D! right now he might even be in front of lebron careerwise, ringwise, sportsmanshipwise...etc...

aj1987
02-11-2014, 07:43 PM
He has a chance, the same way that Durant has a chance, and other players coming into the league in the next few years have a chance, its just very slim, I don't see him passing Kareem at all, and these are all hypotheticals, its not fair to make these kind of comparisons when we don't actually know how LeBrons career will go from here, he may or may not win rings again, who knows, right now he doesn't belong in the conversation with a player like Kareem.
Are you serious dude? Durant literally has no chance (as of right now). Until Durant actually wins something, lets not talk about his "legacy". LeBron is a proven winner. He almost has the same accolades as Bird, Wilt (same), Hakeem (more) and the guy is ONLY 29. It wouldn't be wrong/wild to compare LeBron to any player who has ever played.

mr.big35
02-11-2014, 07:44 PM
there should be a section for all stans

grantz
02-11-2014, 07:44 PM
All I got to say about Lebron is talk is cheap. He should get to work on those accomplishments to be top 4 because he's not there yet. People are just going to look back and laugh if he falls short.

MUGEN
02-11-2014, 07:48 PM
lol dat arrogance

He still has a long way to go before he gets there

Stringer Bell
02-11-2014, 07:50 PM
Lebron probably thinks he's the best ever. Kobe, Jordan, Magic, Bird, Oscar, etc....also probably all think they are the best ever, even if they sometimes don't want to say it in public.

Lebron may be a jerk and egomaniac but this is just the media making something out of a non-story.

JT123
02-11-2014, 07:53 PM
because those 70 games didnt have a training camp and were played over a span of like 75 days which caused every single superstar to get hurt except for lebron because hes on hgh
Every Superstar? :biggums:
Like who? Dwight Howard? :roll:

G-Funk
02-11-2014, 07:54 PM
He's not even in the top 15

germanfellow
02-11-2014, 07:56 PM
even if he gets there - and he might - ppl should laugh about his conduct. he may have matured some as compared to the days of the decision and the bron/wade coughing incident 2011... but hes still way down there in terms of being classy!

Bandito
He also said several times that he wants to be the greatest player to have ever played. So if anything he's lowered his goals :D
Exactly hes pretty much a beta nowadays.

DaSeba5
You can't win with ignorant people. LeBron will get bashed no matter what he says. If he's not arrogant, he's a beta. If he's not humble, he's a arrogant douche. People hate on a man they don't know personally. It's pathetic.

Stringer Bell
02-11-2014, 07:58 PM
even if he gets there - and he might - ppl should laugh about his conduct. he may have matured some as compared to the days of the decision and the bron/wade coughing incident 2011... but hes still way down there in terms of being classy!

Wade and Lebron making fun of someone else for exaggerating something.

:oldlol:

Black and White
02-11-2014, 07:59 PM
Are you serious dude? Durant literally has no chance (as of right now). Until Durant actually wins something, lets not talk about his "legacy". LeBron is a proven winner. He almost has the same accolades as Bird, Wilt (same), Hakeem (more) and the guy is ONLY 29. It wouldn't be wrong/wild to compare LeBron to any player who has ever played.

Let LeBrons career continue a few years before we have a comparison to a player like Kareem, thats all I am saying. We don't know what will happen in the next few years.

r0drig0lac
02-11-2014, 08:04 PM
no, it will not

TheMarkMadsen
02-11-2014, 08:04 PM
You can't win with ignorant people. LeBron will get bashed no matter what he says. If he's not arrogant, he's a beta. If he's not humble, he's a arrogant douche. People hate on a man they don't know personally. It's pathetic.

people are tired of Lebron and the shit he says

"Think i'm coasting? Check my stats Wednesday" then loses the game

"I'm jealous of the shots KD gets" after leaving a team where he could take all the shots he wanted

"I deserve DPOY" during one of his worst defensive seasons in years

midatlantic09
02-11-2014, 08:06 PM
He's already better than Magic/Bird/Russell. People who say otherwise just don't want to disrespect the guys I just named. Lebron's stats and impact on the game don't lie.

Jacks3
02-11-2014, 08:07 PM
those 2 rings as the clear #1 have freed LBJ. just like the 09/10 titles did for bryant. he's gone into full IDGAF mode.

red1
02-11-2014, 08:08 PM

"I'm jealous of the shots KD gets" after leaving a team where he could take all the shots he wanted

"I keep deserve DPOY" during one of his worst defensive seasons in years
lebron is a pretty funny guy

Solefade
02-11-2014, 08:10 PM

nitpickin ass

whether he's joking or not, we gonna act like kobe isn't the most arrogant mother fvcker in the NBA in the last decade?

DaSeba5
02-11-2014, 08:12 PM

I'm starting to think he trolls. I swear he comes on here and loves it. He has to be a poster here.

DonDadda59
02-11-2014, 08:15 PM
Weird dude man.

He is a weird guy. Arrogant as shit, but with as much heart as the tin man.

sportjames23
02-11-2014, 08:17 PM
Only a beta would settle for top 4. :facepalm

Can you imagine Kobe saying this shit? Even if he knew he wouldn't be GOAT, Kobe wouldn't say he's gunning for top 4.

kennethgriffin
02-11-2014, 08:19 PM
Name me 11 players with a better resume than LeBron, and don't be like Kobe stans saying MVPs are voted by Skip Bayless.

not 11... but its arguable that 10 guys are better

to me its about rings by mvp winners.. the award isnt meaningless but its more of a club than a collection. voters who hate a guy might vote him in once. but theyel try and get their favorite player as many as possible

i think the top 10 players in no order are

- kobe
- duncan
- shaq
- jordan
- hakeem
- magic
- kareem
- bird
- wilt
- russell

all have a complete career. all won legitly

all of these guys have proven atleast twice on their own to win titles without colluding, ring chasing, lockouts, nba finals saving threes

all of them have had a bit of luck. but none of them have their entire resume built on such false grounds as lebron

i think lebron might be at the #11 spot.. on the outside looking in

Illuminati
02-11-2014, 08:29 PM
Honestly, if Kobe had said this, the comments in this thread would be completely different. People would be saying shit like "Dat heart, Dat killer mentality, killer instinct " etc, but since it's LeBron people calling him arrogant and shit. :oldlol: The double standard on ISH.:facepalm

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-11-2014, 08:30 PM
Lebron hasn't "changed". He's the same arrogant clown who danced and paraded around the sidelines in Cleveland. Only difference is, guy is on a stacked team now.

When its all said and done, dude will probably be a top 5 player. I won't be rooting for him though. That's for sure.

SpecialQue
02-11-2014, 08:36 PM
Honestly, if Kobe had said this, the comments in this thread would be completely different. People would be saying shit like "Dat heart, Dat killer mentality, killer instinct " etc, but since it's LeBron people calling him arrogant and shit. :oldlol: The double standard on ISH.:facepalm

Fvcking Lebron stans and their persecution complexes. :facepalm

Do you not see all the threads people make here shitting on Kobe EVERY DAY? Every thread about Kobe OR the Lakers gets flooded with trolls talking shit.

But I guess that contradicts the bullshit "underdog" narrative you're trying to build for Lebron and the Heat, right?

knicksman
02-11-2014, 08:37 PM
According to my formula

ring as the 1st option =4pts
ring as the 2nd option=2pts
ring as a roleplayer/ringchaser=1 pt

so

1.jordan=24
2. Russell= 22
3. magic =16+2
4. Duncan=16
5. kareem=8+8
6. shaq=12+2

7. kobe= 8+6
8. bird=12

9. isiah=8
10. hakeerm=8

wilt =4+1

LeBron=2

so LeBron has long ways to go before reaching top 4. He needs to win 14 more rings so that the beta tag AKA Loser to be overcome.

Illuminati
02-11-2014, 08:37 PM
not 11... but its arguable that 10 guys are better

to me its about rings by mvp winners.. the award isnt meaningless but its more of a club than a collection. voters who hate a guy might vote him in once. but theyel try and get their favorite player as many as possible

i think the top 10 players in no order are

- kobe
- duncan
- shaq
- jordan
- hakeem
- magic
- kareem
- bird
- wilt
- russell

all have a complete career. all won legitly

all of these guys have proven atleast twice on their own to win titles without colluding, ring chasing, lockouts, nba finals saving threes

all of them have had a bit of luck. but none of them have their entire resume built on such false grounds as lebron

i think lebron might be at the #11 spot.. on the outside looking in

LeBron has a better resume than more than half the people who you said. Unless you're talking about longevity and career points and shit too.

Kobe: 4 legit rings (00 doesn't count), 2x fmvp (arguable Gasol), 1x MVP (arguable CP3). 30,000+ career points (lebron, barring any injury, will most likely pass this). LeBron will (if arguably hasn't) pass Kobe.

Wilt: Same amount of rings as LeBron but one less Finals MVPs. Just better career stats (obviously played longer, lebron will most likely pass Wilt in career points too barring any injury). LeBron will eventually pass him.

Hakeem: Same amount of rings as LeBron (arguable he only won because of MJ retiring for 2 years), 3 less MVPs, not a better resume.

Shaq and Duncan currently have more rings than LeBron, but who knows for how long. And less MVPs.

If LeBron ends his career with 4x rings, 4x finals mvps, 5x mvps, 30,000 points, 10,000 assists, 10,000 rebounds. He's in the discussion for the GOAT.

Illuminati
02-11-2014, 08:42 PM
Fvcking Lebron stans and their persecution complexes. :facepalm

Do you not see all the threads people make here shitting on Kobe EVERY DAY? Every thread about Kobe OR the Lakers gets flooded with trolls talking shit.

But I guess that contradicts the bullshit "underdog" narrative you're trying to build for Lebron and the Heat, right?

Most of those threads are troll threads that have been repeated on here about 20 times. No new material.

Blue&Orange
02-11-2014, 08:44 PM
too bad there isn't enough Ray Allen's in the world.

La Frescobaldi
02-11-2014, 08:45 PM
he just needs ray allen to save him

Bill Russell talks about Silent Sammy Jones:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tRHcQeXG9M

you got no validity on that point.

Black and White
02-11-2014, 08:47 PM
LeBron has a better resume than more than half the people who you said. Unless you're talking about longevity and career points and shit too.

Kobe: 4 legit rings (00 doesn't count), 2x fmvp (arguable Gasol), 1x MVP (arguable CP3). 30,000+ career points (lebron, barring any injury, will most likely pass this). LeBron will (if arguably hasn't) pass Kobe.

Wilt: Same amount of rings as LeBron but one less Finals MVPs. Just better career stats (obviously played longer, lebron will most likely pass Wilt in career points too barring any injury). LeBron will eventually pass him.

Hakeem: Same amount of rings as LeBron (arguable he only won because of MJ retiring for 2 years), 3 less MVPs, not a better resume.

Shaq and Duncan currently have more rings than LeBron, but who knows for how long. And less MVPs.

If LeBron ends his career with 4x rings, 4x finals mvps, 5x mvps, 30,000 points, 10,000 assists, 10,000 rebounds. He's in the discussion for the GOAT.

I honestly feel like Hakeems 2 rings get mad underrated here, yes Jordan wasn't playing but look at Hakeems supporting cast, look at how well he played to win those 2 rings.

bukowski81
02-11-2014, 09:01 PM
All this buzz about Durant being the best player right now is really getting at him. The more he talks the more insecure he sounds.

Illuminati
02-11-2014, 09:03 PM
I honestly feel like Hakeems 2 rings get mad underrated here, yes Jordan wasn't playing but look at Hakeems supporting cast, look at how well he played to win those 2 rings.

That's why it's arguable if Jordan was playing, his superior team would've beat them. :confusedshrug:

sd3035
02-11-2014, 09:07 PM
Weird dude man.

But seriously, MJ, Kareem, Russell, Magic, Wilt, Bird???? He confirms he will pass two of them?

Don't forget about Durant, he has already passed Lebron as a player, the accomplishments will come soon

BigMacAttack
02-11-2014, 09:10 PM
All this buzz about Durant being the best player right now is really getting at him. The more he talks the more insecure he sounds.

This.

Magic 32
02-11-2014, 09:11 PM
As his steroidal carcass is being escorted from the NBA throne, his real personality is starting to show its face again.

I wonder how Dwayne Wade feels about this.

Flash would be higher on my list, if Lebron had played the proper role of adequate second banana in 2011.

Cold soul
02-11-2014, 09:25 PM

Haha, so true. Lebron is scared. :pimp:

Genaro
02-11-2014, 09:30 PM
Lebron shows how little he knows about the NBA's past. He totally excludes the big men.

Lebron never makes me forget why I dislike him. He's such a ignorant and always seems to say the wrong things. You just don't see other people trying to promote themselves through the press the way he does. Just play and let your game speaks for you.

TheMarkMadsen
02-11-2014, 09:33 PM
Lebron shows how little he knows about the NBA's past. He totally excludes the big men.

Lebron never makes me forget why I dislike him. He's such a ignorant and always seems to say the wrong things. You just don't see other people trying to promote themselves through the press the way he does. Just play and let your game speaks for you.

:applause:

StrongLurk
02-11-2014, 09:37 PM
Lebron is sounding Alpha as fcuk! Look at all these beta haters in here freaking out like he killed somebody.

SamuraiSWISH
02-11-2014, 09:39 PM
Hakeem's '95 cast was nice with the addition of Clyde Drexler. His team was well built to suit his talents even in '94. With Drexler they were a very talented team. Very similar to Duncan's 2003 Spurs, and Dirk's 2011 Mavericks. None of these championship teams were filled with bums being dragged to rings.

Magic 32
02-11-2014, 09:41 PM
Lebron is sounding Alpha as fcuk! Look at all these beta haters in here freaking out like he killed somebody.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwUX1eegE0w&t=7m53s

The ultimate alpha hates you.

sd3035
02-11-2014, 09:45 PM

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/836554/jamesflop_medium.gif

StrongLurk
02-11-2014, 09:49 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/836554/jamesflop_medium.gif

My comment is only concerning Lebron's comment OP posted.

JT123
Name one person in the media who says Durant is a better player than Lebron? The only people saying Durant is better are a bunch of nobodies on the internet. :lol

diamenz
we don't need to sh!t on lebron, he sh1ts on himself.

JT123
02-11-2014, 09:54 PM
As his steroidal carcass is being escorted from the NBA throne, his real personality is starting to show its face again.

I wonder how Dwayne Wade feels about this.

Flash would be higher on my list, if Lebron had played the proper role of adequate second banana in 2011.
Lebron tried to play the role of sidekick/facilitator in those finals, Wade just wasn't Alpha enough to lead Miami to a ring. Why do you think he gave the team to Lebron the next year. :hammerhead:

JT123
02-11-2014, 09:55 PM
i guess we can add 'douche bag' to the list of names to call lebron now. dis nikka ain't in the least bit humble.
Let me guess, you love Kobe and Jordan. They are some of the most humble players EVER! :facepalm

sd3035
02-11-2014, 09:55 PM
My comment is only concerning Lebron's comment OP posted.

actions speak louder than words

k0kakw0rld
02-11-2014, 09:59 PM
Realizes he can't surpass MJ. Says he'll be Top 4 all-time.
Whats wrong with that? :confusedshrug: I'll be fine if I could be Hall of fame nominee.

Magic 32
02-11-2014, 09:59 PM
Lebron tried to play the role of sidekick/facilitator in those finals, Wade just wasn't Alpha enough to lead Miami to a ring. Why do you think he gave the team to Lebron the next year. :hammerhead:

http://s29.postimg.org/6heb683cn/image.png

http://s30.postimg.org/z7omiy77l/image.png

StrongLurk
02-11-2014, 10:09 PM
actions speak louder than words

That's really something like a loser fakkit beta would say, naw mean?

TheMarkMadsen
02-11-2014, 10:11 PM

DAMN, don't do em like that :oldlol:

JT123
02-11-2014, 10:15 PM

So Wade put up nice stats. Fact of the matter is down the stretch of those games he was no where to be found. Kevin Love type stats :confusedshrug:

KingBeasley08
02-11-2014, 10:18 PM
LeBron may or may not be right. We'll see. Kobe fans need to chill. Just cause LeBron already passed their favorite player doesn't mean he'll pass the top 5 GOATs. Only time will tell

Magic 32
02-11-2014, 10:26 PM
So Wade put up nice stats. Fact of the matter is down the stretch of those games he was no where to be found. Kevin Love type stats :confusedshrug:

Dwyane Wade = 44 points in the 4th qtr (2011 finals).

Lebron James = 33 points in the 4th qtr (2012 finals).

JT123
02-11-2014, 10:31 PM
Dwyane Wade = 44 points in the 4th qtr (2011 finals).

Lebron James = 33 points in the 4th qtr (2012 finals).
Misleading stat.
2011 Finals = 6 games
2012 Finals = 5 games
Plus Lebron's 4th quarter scoring wasn't exactly needed in the closeout game 5.

Magic 32
02-11-2014, 10:35 PM
Misleading stat.
2011 Finals = 6 games
2012 Finals = 5 games
Plus Lebron's 4th quarter scoring wasn't exactly needed in the closeout game 5.

I would have included 2013, but Lebron stat-padded like a coward in game 4 (9 points)

Anyway...

Wade 2011 = 7.3 ppg in the 4th
Lebron 2012 = 6.6 ppg in the 4th

http://s29.postimg.org/a8mi6c26v/Mountrushmore.jpg

AintNoSunshine
02-11-2014, 10:53 PM
MJ, Magic, Bird, Jabbar, Russell, and I can't take anyone of these guys out

coin24
02-11-2014, 11:19 PM
2 colluded rings and some of the most embarassing chokes / flops of all time:lol
Ok bran sure you'll be top 4:roll: :roll:

The guys already declining aswel:oldlol:

JT123
02-11-2014, 11:21 PM
2 colluded rings and some of the most embarassing chokes / flops of all time:lol
Ok bran sure you'll be top 4:roll: :roll:

The guys already declining aswel:oldlol:
Do you always crack yourself up like this?

inclinerator
02-12-2014, 12:46 AM
wow bran is so brilliant and smart to be the only nba player on hgh

Kingwillball
02-12-2014, 12:50 AM
Of course he is.. His first 9 years compared to all the others suggests that. He needs to keep on a level at lest NEAR where he is now for another 3 years than not have a huge decline after that.

ArbitraryWater
02-12-2014, 12:53 AM
I would have included 2013, but Lebron stat-padded like a coward in game 4 (9 points)

Anyway...

Wade 2011 = 7.3 ppg in the 4th
Lebron 2012 = 6.6 ppg in the 4th

http://s29.postimg.org/a8mi6c26v/Mountrushmore.jpg

What about 2013?

Better I guess?

Illuminati
02-12-2014, 12:57 AM
MJ, Magic, Bird, Jabbar, Russell, and I can't take anyone of these guys out

Care to explain why?

I'd argue Russell too. 6'9 center winning 11 rings. :coleman:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m63cegeFc71r4jroto1_500.jpg

aj1987
02-12-2014, 01:01 AM
That's because he was trying to get LeBron involved, idiot. Wade scored 7.3 points on 55% shooting in the 4th Q's.

L.Kizzle
02-12-2014, 01:01 AM
Not possible.

Angel Face
02-12-2014, 01:02 AM
Care to explain why?

I'd argue Russell too. 6'9 center winning 11 rings. :coleman:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m63cegeFc71r4jroto1_500.jpg

Damn, look at Russell's face. Looks like he doesn't wanna be in there. He wants an exit.

pejavelin
02-12-2014, 01:44 AM
According to my formula

ring as the 1st option =4pts
ring as the 2nd option=2pts
ring as a roleplayer/ringchaser=1 pt

so

1.jordan=24
2. Russell= 22
3. magic =16+2
4. Duncan=16
5. kareem=8+8
6. shaq=12+2

7. kobe= 8+6
8. bird=12

9. isiah=8
10. hakeerm=8

wilt =4+1

LeBron=2

so LeBron has long ways to go before reaching top 4. He needs to win 14 more rings so that the beta tag AKA Loser to be overcome.

How the hell does isaiah wins 2 as "the man"when dumars got one of the FMVP???:biggums:

JT123
02-12-2014, 02:37 AM
That's because he was trying to get LeBron involved, idiot. Wade scored 7.3 points on 55% shooting in the 4th Q's.
So when Lebron passes the ball in the 4th quarter he's being a scared little b****, but when Wade refuses to take over down the stretch he's just getting others involved? :facepalm
#doublestandard

davehos
02-12-2014, 03:07 AM

:lol

Audio One
02-12-2014, 03:16 AM
How the hell does isaiah wins 2 as "the man"when dumars got one of the FMVP???:biggums:

The same way Bird has three rings as the man, even though Maxwell took one. You won't find anyone that says that Maxwell led that team to that title, same with Dumars

cos88
02-12-2014, 03:16 AM
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/546/znas.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/f6znasj)

Black Mamba's B
02-12-2014, 03:19 AM
Stern got the ball rolling, Espn will make sure most people remember LeBron as a top 4 player all time

Marchesk
02-12-2014, 03:30 AM
He's already better than Magic/Bird/Russell. People who say otherwise just don't want to disrespect the guys I just named. Lebron's stats and impact on the game don't lie.

He's better than Russell because ....? It's not rebounding, defense or leading a team to championships. If you're going to say all-around, then I'll give you Oscar instead.

bdreason
02-12-2014, 03:32 AM
I have no problem with LeBron wanting to eventually go down as the GOAT. I don't think he will make top 4, but it's a realistic goal. What else should he be shooting for?

Marchesk
02-12-2014, 03:35 AM

Lebron might pass Wilt because he's more recent and lives in the social media age where he gets the most hype in his sport, but he won't pass Wilt in terms of impact. Lebron will never accomplish what Wilt did. Remember that Wilt entered the league at 23, so Lebron will pass him career-wise, but not record-wise. Nor will he lead the league in various categories like Wilt did.

Nor will he approach anything like 24/24/8/8*/68.3%

*Somewhere between 7-10 blocks

aj1987
02-12-2014, 03:47 AM
So when Lebron passes the ball in the 4th quarter he's being a scared little b****, but when Wade refuses to take over down the stretch he's just getting others involved? :facepalm
#doublestandard
LeBron was missing shots and turning the ball over. Do you not see the Dirk and LeBron picture with the stats posted here every 2 minutes? As I said, Wade averaged 7.3 points on 55% shooting in the 4th quarters in the '11 Finals. Not his fault that LeBron completely choked.

Mr Feeny
02-12-2014, 05:57 AM
I don't understand why Lebron needs to talk. Just do ur thing. 2 finals mvps and 4 reg season mvps....ur accomplishments will speak for themselves. He's only 29. Why he's blowing his own trumpet, I have no idea. It just makes him sound silly.

IMObjective
02-12-2014, 06:45 AM
Dat goat humility

IMObjective
02-12-2014, 06:47 AM
I don't understand why Lebron needs to talk. Just do ur thing. 2 finals mvps and 4 reg season mvps....ur accomplishments will speak for themselves. He's only 29. Why he's blowing his own trumpet, I have no idea. It just makes him sound silly.
Going out on a bit of a limb here, But I think he might be a little bit insecure.

BoutPractice
02-12-2014, 06:48 AM
Also funny that according to him, the current top 4 is Jordan, Bird, Magic and Oscar. In other words, he got rid of all the bigman competition - in his mind, he only has to compete with those guys. By his own standards, moving into the top 4 is quite easy, he only has to displace Oscar which according to many people he's already done anyway :lol

pauk
02-12-2014, 06:49 AM
Well, he is honest :lol

Nothing absurd about that comment though, he will definitely end up there somewhere between/around Wilt/Russell/Magic/Kareem.... its that #1 guy thats hard...

VIntageNOvel
02-12-2014, 06:50 AM
Well, he is honest :lol

Nothing absurd about that comment though, he will definitely end up there somewhere between/around Wilt/Russell/Magic/Kareem.... its that #1 thats hard...

more like impossible

:coleman:

East_Stone_Ya
02-12-2014, 06:57 AM
well he will be there :confusedshrug:

pauk
02-12-2014, 06:59 AM
Also funny that according to him, the current top 4 is Jordan, Bird, Magic and Oscar. In other words, he got rid of all the bigman competition - in his mind, he only has to compete with those guys. By his own standards, moving into the top 4 is quite easy, he only has to displace Oscar which according to many people he's already done anyway :lol

Jordan, Bird, Magic and Oscar are the most complete overall players to ever lace em up.... he went after that criteria i guess, excluding team accomplishments or whatever and just went with who he thinks were the most complete players ever...

There is just so many ways to rank players & there is no accurate way to do it.... if there was then there would an official ranking list... everybody has different lists based on whatever criteria, with a hint of bias perhaps...

Magic 32
What about 2013?

Better I guess?

7.7 points in the 4th, including this:

http://s4.postimg.org/c3is9dfm5/Nyt_billede.png

0.4ppg better with shameless statpadding.

BlazerRed
Not a chance. His potential peak is 8th, just behind Duncan.

BoutPractice
02-12-2014, 07:00 AM
Oh I'm not saying his list is indefensible. I'm just saying it's quite convenient for him.

pauk
02-12-2014, 07:03 AM

more like impossible

:coleman:

Yep!

All Net
02-12-2014, 07:05 AM
Could happen but needs to keep winning titles

I got like 30 retweets for posting this on Twitter last night ha.. Felt honoured

JUDGE WITNESS
02-12-2014, 08:10 AM
more like top 1

Bush4Ever
02-12-2014, 08:15 AM
I don't think that is particularly out of question.

I have him at 10 all-time right now. Hardly anyone in history has combined statistics, lead dog rings, and the other types of important hardware (like MVPs), like Lebron has to date.

He will move up mostly on the back of winning titles from this point on, most likely. We will see.

Lebron23
02-12-2014, 08:36 AM
I don't think that is particularly out of question.

I have him at 10 all-time right now. Hardly anyone in history has combined statistics, lead dog rings, and the other types of important hardware (like MVPs), like Lebron has to date.

He will move up mostly on the back of winning titles from this point on, most likely. We will see.

This

Lebron is already a 4x NBA MVP, 2x Finals MVP at age 29. And he's also has a very productive stats in the regular season, and in the playoffs 27.5 ppg (3rd) 28.2 ppg (4th)

edrick
02-12-2014, 10:08 AM

haha, I was thinking this when I read the title of the thread.

BigTicket
02-12-2014, 10:14 AM
Top 4 would mean that he has to pass everyone expect Jordan, Wilt and Kareem, which is certainly possible.

If he got 2 more FMVPs, or 1 MVP + 1 FMVP, and kept playing at an All-NBA level for 5 more years, then he would have a strong case for that top 4 spot.

ArbitraryWater
02-12-2014, 10:19 AM
Top 4 would mean that he has to pass everyone expect Jordan, Wilt and Kareem, which is certainly possible.

If he got 2 more FMVPs, or 1 MVP + 1 FMVP, and kept playing at an All-NBA level for 5 more years, then he would have a strong case for that top 4 spot.

Well he named his top 4 as Jordan/Magic/Bird, then thought about the next guy, and took Oscar. Bit of a wierd choise like last time when he said Erving :lol

But I guess he went after completeness, understandable then. However I'm sure most guys have Kareem/Wilt over Magic/Bird. Magic/Bird are simply the 2 next big names..

BoutPractice
02-12-2014, 10:38 AM
Again, he knows about great big men. He's not so ignorant that he hasn't heard of Kareem , Wilt, Russell etc. To start with two of them are alive and he's talked to them several times. And everyone knows Wilt because of the 100 points. The fact that he's not mentioning them shows that he doesn't want to be compared to them - perhaps because he thinks it's unfair for him, or irrelevant for non-bigs in general. Or maybe he thinks great non-bigs are more worthy of praise than great bigs because it's more difficult for them to dominate, and therefore more impressive when they do. (It's an implicit argument in many fan rankings, though it's rarely explicitly made) Who knows. In any case, I actually appreciate the fact that his top 4 is tentative and changing. He's not as sure of his rankings as others, and unashamed to admit it.

bizil
02-12-2014, 12:35 PM
My Mt. Rushmore would be MJ, Wilt, Kareem, and Magic. I gotta show love to the big guys. But in a sense, it's hard to compare bigs with perimeter players. I think that's why Bron went with all perimeter guys. So for a big man Mt. Rushmore, give me Wilt, Kareem, Russell, and Shaq. For the perimeter guys give me MJ, Magic, Bird, and Kobe. Of course I'm talking GOAT or resume wise.

In terms of who are the best players in terms of talent, give me MJ, Magic, Bird, and Bron on the Mt. Rushmore for perimeter guys. Kobe of course has a great case, but he's too similar to MJ. For a Mt. Rushmore, I think u have to give guys an edge who revolutionized basketball. MJ, Magic, Bird, and Bron clearly did that in a major way. For bigs, give me Kareem, Wilt, Shaq, and Hakeem.

Ca$H
02-12-2014, 02:09 PM
This

Lebron is already a 4x NBA MVP, 2x Finals MVP at age 29. And he's also has a very productive stats in the regular season, and in the playoffs 27.5 ppg (3rd) 28.2 ppg (4th)

Hakeem's 2 rings >>>>>>>>>>>>>> LeBron's 2 rings. Hakeem won against better competition (prime Ewing and young Shaq) with a much worse supporting cast.

Rooster
02-12-2014, 02:10 PM
Not a chance. His potential peak is 8th, just behind Duncan.

He has higher trajectory than 8th. His resume is still growing. I think only an injury can stop him from what he is destine to be and also I don't think he will still be elite when Father Time catches on him so I'll give another 5 years to build his resume .

Ca$H
02-12-2014, 02:12 PM
Is LeBron really better than Shaq because he has 4 MVPs and Shaq has one?
It is a media award/popularity contest you idiots. I don't think LeBron is even better than KD right now.

scm5
02-12-2014, 02:14 PM
He has higher trajectory than 8th. His resume is still growing. I think only an injury can stop him from what he is destine to be and also I don't think he will still be elite when Father Time catches on him so I'll give another 5 years to build his resume .

Injury and Durant...

Durant is playing at such a high level right now and with a much worse supporting cast (without Westbrook).

If Westbrook comes back and can stay healthy, I don't see any team putting up much of a fight against them.

DMAVS41
02-12-2014, 02:22 PM
Guys that should be ranked over Lebron to date all time;

1 MJ
2 Russell
3 Magic
4 Kareem
5 Duncan
6 Wilt
7 Bird
8 Shaq
9 Hakeem

Debatable...Kobe/Oscar

Only an injury could stop Lebron for surpassing Hakeem, Kobe, Shaq, and Oscar on my list.

Wilt is tough for me because I didn't see him play, but Lebron definitely needs to win another title or two to pass him I think.

Same thing with Bird...I think Lebron passes him, but it's not easy...a title this year and Lebron jumps him in my rankings.

I think he can get to top 3 if a few things go his way and he adds a couple more titles. Don't see him ever getting to MJ or Russell for me...that 2011 epic collapse...combined with his 2010 collapse...and his 07 collapse...it's just too much to ignore to ever put him over MJ or Russell for me.

Mr Exlax
02-12-2014, 03:04 PM
Are we talking skill or career accomplishments?

stanlove1111
02-12-2014, 04:35 PM

Would you please STFU with the finals MVP obsession. Its about the dumbest thing I have ever seen on the internet and its get repeated daily on here. IF I ran this board you would be banned for 2 week first offense and forever if you posted it again.

This is how freaking stupid that argument is. You are actually saying that a player can totally dominate the entire NBA for a season but then get to the finals and have one of his teammates go off because of a matchup problem for the other team and you think the player who dominated all year and is easily the best player on the team should not get credit..Dumbest damn thing I saw.

He could dominate the first three series but not the finals and you would give more credit to the guy who only dominated one series in the playoffs.

Please ban yourself for 2 weeks.

Solefade
02-12-2014, 04:44 PM

1 MJ
2 Russell
3 Magic
4 Kareem
5 Duncan
6 Wilt
7 Bird
8 Shaq
9 Hakeem

Debatable...Kobe/Oscar

Only an injury could stop Lebron for surpassing Hakeem, Kobe, Shaq, and Oscar on my list.

Wilt is tough for me because I didn't see him play, but Lebron definitely needs to win another title or two to pass him I think.

Same thing with Bird...I think Lebron passes him, but it's not easy...a title this year and Lebron jumps him in my rankings.

I think he can get to top 3 if a few things go his way and he adds a couple more titles. Don't see him ever getting to MJ or Russell for me...that 2011 epic collapse...combined with his 2010 collapse...and his 07 collapse...it's just too much to ignore to ever put him over MJ or Russell for me.

i agree with this list but if he gets one more ring/fmvp, he moves to #6. #5 if he wins MVP too.

07 collapse? really? lol

PickernRoller
02-12-2014, 04:57 PM
Nikka will hardly crack Top 15. It's good that he's aiming Top 4, can't deny him wishes :oldlol:

Worst Finals performer of all time has no place in the Top 4. Now there is something called marketing, which the NBA and ESPN have done a great job at when marketing Lebron as the face of the NBA. At the end of the day he needed a super stacked team to get to the promise land and won his second ring thanks to a lucky 3 by Ray (best 3pt shooter of all time, grandpa himself), after he himself bricked everything in between trying to hopelessly win. Lets not even talk about whom he faced, the grandpa Spurs - that series should have been a walkover in 4-5.

He can wish like we all do everyday. Dude getting locked up by Boris Diaw is a disgrace to the sport, let alone refusing to take open shots in the name of team play to hide his deficiencies. Weak era rings are weak era rings, there is a reason Bill Russel ain't the GOAT.

BigTicket
02-12-2014, 05:03 PM
Would you please STFU with the finals MVP obsession. Its about the dumbest thing I have ever seen on the internet and its get repeated daily on here. IF I ran this board you would be banned for 2 week first offense and forever if you posted it again.

This is how freaking stupid that argument is. You are actually saying that a player can totally dominate the entire NBA for a season but then get to the finals and have one of his teammates go off because of a matchup problem for the other team and you think the player who dominated all year and is easily the best player on the team should not get credit..Dumbest damn thing I saw.

He could dominate the first three series but not the finals and you would give more credit to the guy who only dominated one series in the playoffs.

Please ban yourself for 2 weeks.

Heh, angry much ?

We're talking about the greatest of all time here, and in that context it clearly matters how you perform in the finals. You have to be able to deliver when it counts the most.

SexSymbol
02-12-2014, 05:13 PM

Kobe always said that he views himself as one of the best to lace them up, but in terms of ranking he's not going to do it ever whether that's top 10 or whatever.

And LeBron's just being an idiot, he has no chance to be top5

aj1987
02-12-2014, 05:32 PM
Kobe always said that he views himself as one of the best to lace them up, but in terms of ranking he's not going to do it ever whether that's top 10 or whatever.

TylerOO
02-12-2014, 05:36 PM

Keep tellin' yourself that bud :oldlol:

moe94
02-12-2014, 05:40 PM

LMFAO!

Literally all he needs is 4 FMVP rings to be top 5.

Mass Debator
02-12-2014, 06:05 PM

1 MJ
2 Russell
3 Magic
4 Kareem
5 Duncan
6 Wilt
7 Bird
8 Shaq
9 Hakeem

Debatable...Kobe/Oscar

How high does Lebron jump if he wins this years championship with the FMVP?

stanlove1111
02-12-2014, 06:16 PM
Heh, angry much ?

We're talking about the greatest of all time here, and in that context it clearly matters how you perform in the finals. You have to be able to deliver when it counts the most.

So let me get this straight. The finals are more important then the other playoff series which are also win of go home...HUH..

2 scenarios..

1- Player A the star of the team has stats of 25-8-6. His team wins finals by beating the best team from the other conference which is actually the 5th best team in the NBA. They win series 4-3.

2- Same player has stats of 25-8-6 and the second best player on team goes off because of matchup problem. he has stats of 28-6-6 and gets the finals MVP in a close vote. The team beats the second best team in the NBA 4-1.

By your screwed up thought process you wouldn't give nearly as much credit to the star player in choice 2...Makes zero sense. Yet I see it here ever day.

Magic 32
02-12-2014, 06:21 PM
1. MJ
2. Russell
3. Wilt
4. KAJ
5. Magic
6. Bird
7. Kobe
8. Duncan
9. Shaq
10. Hakeem
11. Lebron

No way he gets past KAJ.

He needs 3 more FMVP and 2 more RS MVP's to do that.

DMAVS41
02-12-2014, 06:35 PM
i agree with this list but if he gets one more ring/fmvp, he moves to #6. #5 if he wins MVP too.

07 collapse? really? lol

Yes....it's not like he was still a rookie or something. He was in his 4th year.

Overall 07 is a positive for the legacy of Lebron against the norm, but compared to some of the 5 or so best players ever? 07 is a mark against him.

Again...he was in his 4th year.

And he had a pretty poor finals...and his team lost 2 incredibly close games. Like I said...it becomes bad only when looking at comparing him to guys at the very top of the all time list. It doesn't hurt him against, Kobe, for example...who was actually worse in the 04 finals...as a veteran

It's all about who you compare these guys to.

NumberSix
02-12-2014, 06:39 PM
Yes....it's not like he was still a rookie or something. He was in his 4th year.

Overall 07 is a positive for the legacy of Lebron against the norm, but compared to some of the 5 or so best players ever? 07 is a mark against him.

Again...he was in his 4th year.

And he had a pretty poor finals...and his team lost 2 incredibly close games. Like I said...it becomes bad only when looking at comparing him to guys at the very top of the all time list. It doesn't hurt him against, Kobe, for example...who was actually worse in the 04 finals...as a veteran

It's all about who you compare these guys to.so, 1989 and 1990 are marks against Jordan, right?

Lebron23
02-12-2014, 06:43 PM
If Lebron continues winning. He might be a part of the 3 or more Finals MVP Club after this season. (Jordan 6, Russell (Could have been a 6x Finals MVP). Magic, Duncan and Shaq with 3 Finals MVP.)

He has the stats, team accomplishments, awards, and multiple NBA Records.

DMAVS41
02-12-2014, 09:22 PM
so, 1989 and 1990 are marks against Jordan, right?

In the ECF 89...Jordan averaged 30/6/7 56% TS

In the ECF 90...Jordan averaged 32/7/6 57% TS

In the 07 Finals...Lebron averaged 22/7/7 43%TS

Are you seriously comparing them? It's not about losing...it's about how he played. And while he was pre prime/peak...he was in his 4th year...so it's not like he was that "green"...

avonbarksdale
02-12-2014, 09:27 PM
dead @ him saying his top 4 for the mt rushmore is magic bird mj and oscar when before he put dr j in his top 3

bizil
02-12-2014, 10:42 PM
My top 10 GOAT goes:

MJ
Kareem
Wilt
Magic
Russell
Kobe
Shaq
Bird
Duncan
Lebron

If Bron wins another ring and Finals MVP, he FOR SURE jumps over Bird and Duncan into number 8 all time for me. Now I know people will get on me for having Bird at #8. But I think Shaq, Kobe, Lebron, and Duncan all have a case to be rated over Bird right now. But I still give Bird the nod over Duncan and Bron as of now. I think Kobe, Shaq, and soon Lebron have done enough to be ranked over Bird GOAT wise. However my top five stays set in stone pretty much. I always go back and forth ranking numbers 6-10. Because all of them have a case to be rated as high as number 6.