PDA

View Full Version : If Kyrie Irving leaves CLE, Lakers are his top choice.

G-Funk
02-11-2014, 08:03 PM
So Mychal Thompson was talking to his son Klay last night when Klay (who is very good friends with Kyrie Irving) mentioned that Kyrie told Klay that if Kyrie were to leave CLE, the one place above all he would like to come play would be the Lakers.

You can listen to this for yourself in hour 2 of ESPN LA Now (2/11) on 710 ESPN's website.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/losangeles/play?id=10439198&s=la

ProfessorMurder
02-11-2014, 08:04 PM
Yes, please go there and hurt the Lakers. Old Kobe and no D Irving crippling the capspace.

grantz
02-11-2014, 08:04 PM
I can see my lakers completely overpaying for this kid. We need something...anything... after this abysmal season.

Jameerthefear
02-11-2014, 08:05 PM
lol go ahead. lakers stay irrelevant :applause:

Bandito
02-11-2014, 08:07 PM
Irving, kobe plus love. They are gng to average 100. Pts per game on 100 dtrg lol.

TheMarkMadsen
02-11-2014, 08:07 PM
they gonna be mad

Kyrie, Melo and Kyrie all prefer to be a Laker even while the Lakers are going through their worst season in years

that's bound to rustle some jimmies

jbryan1984
02-11-2014, 08:09 PM
And even if he goes, we are talking like 2018 here.

Bernie Nips
02-11-2014, 08:11 PM
they gonna be mad

Kyrie, Melo and Kyrie all prefer to be a Laker even while the Lakers are going through their worst season in years

Kyrie, Melo AND Kyrie? That's so many two players on losing teams.

Solefade
02-11-2014, 08:21 PM
no hate or taking shots,

but i feel like a lot of superstar level FA's would be hesitant to play with Kobe after seeing what happened with Dwight?

no pun intended
02-11-2014, 08:25 PM
Not gunna lie, but D'Antoni has the greatest potential of any coach to transform Irving from an All-Star into a Superstar.

G-Funk
02-11-2014, 08:27 PM
they gonna be mad

Kyrie, Melo and Love all prefer to be a Laker even while the Lakers are going through their worst season in years

fixed

monkeypox
02-11-2014, 08:27 PM
no hate or taking shots,

but i feel like a lot of superstar level FA's would be hesitant to play with Kobe after seeing what happened with Dwight?

Because Dwight has an amazing history of getting along with the teams he's been on? Lol. Dwight is what happened with Dwight.

G-Funk
02-11-2014, 08:28 PM

G-Funk
02-11-2014, 08:28 PM
no hate or taking shots,

Come on, were talking about Dwight

buddha
02-11-2014, 08:29 PM
well that ain't gonna happen. Lakers won't have any cap space with Love and Kobe Bryant.

Solefade
02-11-2014, 08:29 PM
Because Dwight has an amazing history of getting along with the teams he's been on? Lol. Dwight is what happened with Dwight.

Dwight is Dwight we know that, but Kobe refusing to cater to him/convincing him to stay, taking 41 shots in a game..i think that stuff has got to come across some of these guys' minds

G-Funk
02-11-2014, 08:30 PM
well that ain't gonna happen. Lakers won't have any cap space with Love and Kobe Bryant.

Lakers can trade this years draft pick, maybe more if they can get them for Kyrie who is still under his rookie contract next yr when Love is a FA.

G-Funk
02-11-2014, 08:31 PM
Dwight is Dwight we know that, but Kobe refusing to cater to him/convincing him to stay, taking 41 shots in a game..i think that stuff has got to come across some of these guys' minds

I think these players are looking post Kobe era. Or they saw what he did with Gasol & Bynum.

Jameerthefear
02-11-2014, 08:32 PM
KoME is not able to play with other superstars anyways. He just resorts to KoME ball.

Meticode
02-11-2014, 08:33 PM
If you don't want to win a ring, then sign Irving. Cavs won't win one, Lakers won't win one. Scoring point guards who play no defense at all don't win rings.

G-Funk
02-11-2014, 08:34 PM

If you don't want to win a ring, then sign Irving. Cavs won't win one, Lakers won't win one. Scoring point guards who play no defense at all don't win rings.
On a side note if you knew he was as good as gone, wouldn't this summer be the best time to do it when the draft is as deep as it's gonna gonna specially if Lakers are projected to get a top 6 pick?

Eric Cartman
02-11-2014, 08:35 PM

That's no way to talk about a all star starter at the point guard position which is universally agreed among basketball fans that it is the most stacked the position has been EVER.

G-Funk
02-11-2014, 08:36 PM
KoME is not able to play with other superstars anyways. He just resorts to KoME ball.

Dwight is not a superstar tho, Shaq was and they won 3x

Black and White
02-11-2014, 08:36 PM

You just come across as a crying child these days, but tbh, thats not far off from what you really are

DaSeba5
02-11-2014, 08:38 PM
they gonna be mad

Kyrie, Melo, maybe Love, and Kobe sounds good on paper because they are big names, but that defense is going to be bad and it won't be good enough to get past OKC or the Spurs IMO. Plus the bench is going to be full of low paid players. The offense could click but somebody is going to have to play 2nd and 3rd wheel. Are they unselfish enough like the Heat to make it work?

TheMarkMadsen
02-11-2014, 08:45 PM
Kyrie, Melo, maybe Love, and Kobe sounds good on paper because they are big names, but that defense is going to be bad and it won't be good enough to get past OKC or the Spurs IMO. Plus the bench is going to be full of low paid players. The offense could click but somebody is going to have to play 2nd and 3rd wheel. Are they unselfish enough like the Heat to make it work?

There is no way they actually sign all 3 guys, maybe 1 but not all 3. Wouldn't work contract wise and we've already learned our lesson from having a bunch of high salary players with no depth. That & Melo is most productive at the 4, the same position as K Love.

I do however feel as if we will begin the season in 2015 with one of the three on our roster.

If Timberwolves miss the playoffs this year, I think Love is a Laker

Jameerthefear
02-11-2014, 08:45 PM
The answer to your question is no. They also aren't nearly as efficient as the Heat. Kobe would be trying to do too much as usual and force the ball out of their best player (Love)'s hands. This is literally an almost impossible situation anyways. Lakers fans are delusional.

Meticode
02-11-2014, 08:46 PM
On a side note if you knew he was as good as gone, wouldn't this summer be the best time to do it when the draft is as deep as it's gonna gonna specially if Lakers are projected to get a top 6 pick?
Doesn't matter what I feel or think. I'm glad we drafted him, but the fact of the matter is players don't stay with a team their entire career anymore. Especially if they aren't winning anything. It's not like the Cavaiers had a big choice in the draft anyway. Who were you going to pick? A skilled PG or a tweener of PF?

Meticode
02-11-2014, 08:47 PM
That's no way to talk about a all star starter at the point guard position which is universally agreed among basketball fans that it is the most stacked the position has been EVER.
I'm not sure what you mean by this post?

Illuminati
02-11-2014, 08:48 PM
Lakers lost x2.

DaSeba5
02-11-2014, 08:50 PM
There is no way they actually sign all 3 guys, maybe 1 but not all 3. Wouldn't work contract wise and we've already learned our lesson from having a bunch of high salary players with no depth. That & Melo is most productive at the 4, the same position as K Love.

I do however feel as if we will begin the season in 2015 with one of the three on our roster.

If Timberwolves miss the playoffs this year, I think Love is a Laker

I agree with you there. Out of all of these guys, I feel Love is most likely to become a Laker.

JohnFreeman
02-11-2014, 08:58 PM
Irving is terrible this year

Qwyjibo
02-11-2014, 09:03 PM
You really think he will be the first player EVER to turn down a max deal in restricted free agency and risk the 1 year qualifying offer?

2018 or 2019 sounds about right.

DukeDelonte13
02-11-2014, 09:08 PM

he's not terrible, he just hasn't taken that next step especially in the leadership department. He's been disappointing, but he's still younger than Lillard and MCW. His game needs to mature.

I'm sure the Lakers will find a way to finagle the next generational superstar somehow, I just don't think it's irving.

Meticode
02-11-2014, 09:17 PM
Agenda.

G-Funk
02-11-2014, 09:31 PM
Agenda.

JohnFreeman
02-11-2014, 09:32 PM
Why is that agenda? Isn't it widely known he has taken 5 steps back?

RedBlackAttack
02-11-2014, 09:34 PM
He's not even close to terrible or even average. Kyrie playing subpar is still better than the majority of points in this league.

G-Funk
02-11-2014, 09:37 PM
You really think he will be the first player EVER to turn down a max deal in restricted free agency and risk the 1 year qualifying offer?

2018 or 2019 sounds about right.

If he signs the extension he will make about 93 Million if he doesn't he will make about 80 million.

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/assets/3937609/KyrieWillSign.png

RedBlackAttack
02-11-2014, 09:37 PM
Why is that agenda? Isn't it widely known he has taken 5 steps back?
It sounds like you watch a lot of Cavs games. :oldlol:

Irving has actually improved several key areas of his game this year. The only facet that is down is his scoring efficiency. And, that has always been the least of my concerns with Irving.

smoovegittar
02-11-2014, 09:39 PM
Can't wait to see him in a Knicks jersey :rockon:

JohnFreeman
02-11-2014, 09:39 PM
It sounds like you watch a lot of Cavs games. :oldlol:

Irving has actually improved several key areas of his game this year. The only facet that is down is his scoring efficiency. And, that has always been the least of my concerns with Irving.
To be fair I don't think a lot of people are watching Cavalier games. I saw on Inside the NBA, Barkley and SHAQ were calling Irving out. I'll retreat though

coolhandsteve
02-11-2014, 09:50 PM
I like Kyrie, but TBH if I'm the Lakers I just either stick with Kendall Marshall @ the point or go for one in the draft maybe.

longtime lurker
02-11-2014, 10:20 PM
lol go ahead. lakers stay irrelevant :applause:

You remind me of a 4 your old that shits his pants just to get attention

WWRWestbrookDo?
02-11-2014, 10:49 PM
Lakers are going to go hard after Westbrook and Love (My worst nightmare)

BigMacAttack
02-11-2014, 11:19 PM
What level do people think Kobe will be playing at in 2 or 3 years? He will be lucky to be on the court.....

VIntageNOvel
02-12-2014, 05:23 AM
kyrie, kobe, melo, love :eek:

and mike no-d antoni :eek:

JohnFreeman
02-12-2014, 05:24 AM

That team would be giving up 120 points a game. Would be bad defensively.

El Gato Negro
02-12-2014, 08:05 AM
I love how reporters don't have to base anything on facts anymore. this story is much more believable than a friend heard from kyrie, http://mweb.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24058067/video-kyrie-irving-says-hes-not-leaving-like-lebron-james-did no rookie in kyries position has ever turned down a max extension. kyrie won't be the first. also lol if you believe anything from espn.

Nick Young
02-12-2014, 08:08 AM
Ive been saying this since last season, Kyrie is obviously coming to LAL.

Kevin love-Kyrie Irving=the new Shaq and Kobe. I smell a serious threepeat on our hands here. Not to mention Jabari Parker being the new Horace Grant.

Nick Young
02-12-2014, 08:09 AM

Don't forget Jabari Parker:rockon: