PDA

View Full Version : Will Kobe, Rose, Westbrook (and others) ever be the same again?

gyu
02-11-2014, 09:04 PM
Predict whether the following players will ever be healthy enough to play at least 70 games a season at a high level ever again:

Kobe Bryant
Derrick Rose
Russell Westbrook
Rajon Rondo
Deron Williams
Amar'e Stoudemire
Danilo Gallinari

*Edit* Forgot to add Dwyane Wade.

Feel free to add others who have kind of fallen off because of injuries.

Illuminati
02-11-2014, 09:05 PM
Kobe: No.
Rose: Sadly, no.
Westbrook: Yes.
Rondo: Showing signs of his old self, so yes.
Deron: Trash without Sloan.
Amare: No.
Gallo: 50/50.

Black and White
02-11-2014, 09:07 PM
70 games?

Kobe Bryant - probably not
Derrick Rose - also think no
Russell Westbrook - yes
Rajon Rondo - yes
Deron Williams - no
Amar'e Stoudemire - hell no
Danilo Gallinari - we will see, not too sure about him

nathanjizzle
02-11-2014, 09:07 PM
Kobe Bryant - no
Derrick Rose - yes
Russell Westbrook - yes
Rajon Rondo - yes
Deron Williams - no (not because he cant, he just sucks anyway)
Amar'e Stoudemire - for a short period but will suck again
Danilo Gallinari - yes

Solefade
02-11-2014, 09:08 PM
Kobe Bryant - no
Derrick Rose - probably not, he might be fine physically but will always have that mental block after two serious knee injuries
Russell Westbrook - yes
Rajon Rondo - yes
Deron Williams - probably not
Amar'e Stoudemire - nope he's done
Danilo Gallinari - i think so

Uncle Drew
02-11-2014, 09:10 PM
I'm kinda worried about GOATbrook. Obviously, the guy is a beast, a warrior, he'd tear his ACL and he would be back on the court within a week. But knee issues are pretty dangerous. Especially if they reoccur.

SamuraiSWISH
02-11-2014, 09:12 PM
Kobe Bryant - Done, Sadly
Derrick Rose - Absolutely No, Sadly
Russell Westbrook - No
Rajon Rondo - Maybe
Deron Williams - Absolutely No
Amar'e Stoudemire - No
Danilo Gallinari - Maybe

buddha
02-11-2014, 09:14 PM
Kobe Bryant : Of course, he could avg 20 ppg on one leg.
Derrick Rose : lol, srsly? he's done, his game relied on athleticism, not skill.
Russell Westbrook : His injuries aren't that serious.
Rajon Rondo : His game doesn't rely on athleticism, he will be playing well into his late 30's.
Deron Williams : Certified scrub.
Amar'e Stoudemire : Done as an elite player, only a role player from here on out.
Danilo Gallinari : He will return and be the same player, idk if you can qualify that as playing at a high level though.

:confusedshrug:

sd3035
02-11-2014, 09:18 PM
Predict whether the following players will ever be healthy enough to play at least 70 games a season at a high level ever again:

Kobe Bryant - too old
Derrick Rose - lost his balls
Russell Westbrook - probably
Rajon Rondo - maybe
Deron Williams - is he still alive?
Amar'e Stoudemire - no
Danilo Gallinari - possibly

Kobe might be my dark horse pick, he has tremendous determination

zoom17
02-11-2014, 09:18 PM
We all know who is to blame for Westbrook recent knee injuries.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2529301/russmad.gif

Rodmantheman
02-11-2014, 09:26 PM
We all know who is to blame for Westbrook recent knee injuries.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2529301/russmad.gif

He was healthy in Highschool,College and NBA up to that point screw you Beverly.:mad:

SamuraiSWISH
02-11-2014, 09:27 PM
He was healthy in Highschool,College and NBA up to that point screw you Beverly.:mad:
He has NEVER been mentally healthy.

Jameerthefear
02-11-2014, 09:28 PM
Kobe Bryant Nope. Stick a fork in him.
Derrick Rose No.
Russell Westbrook Yes
Rajon Rondo Probably
Deron Williams Nope
Amar'e Stoudemire Nope
Danilo Gallinari Yeah

jzek
02-11-2014, 09:29 PM
Rose: definitely no. Lots of other athletes with the same type of injury never recovered.

Cold soul
02-11-2014, 09:29 PM
Kobe Bryant - No.
Derrick Rose - Sadly, nope.
Russell Westbrook - Yes.
Rajon Rondo - Yes.
Deron Williams - No.
Amar'e Stoudemire - No.
Danilo Gallinari - Not sure.

FreezingTsmoove
02-11-2014, 09:31 PM
He has NEVER been mentally healthy.

:wtf: :facepalm

IncarceratedBob
02-11-2014, 09:33 PM
Kobe already proved he could come back and be the same after the achilles, I dont see why a little bone crack would change anything.

Rose is done. He wont play another NBA game

SamuraiSWISH
02-11-2014, 09:41 PM
:wtf: :facepalm
He's clearly mentally, and emotionally unstable. How do you not see it? Not very intelligent either.

Genaro
02-11-2014, 09:44 PM
Kobe's old self it's 2003 - 2010 or 2013?
2013 I guess he can but more possible he'll play like he did in 2012, but he's out of his prime now. He won't be like he was back in 03-10.

As far as the other guys:
Rose, Deron and Stat I would say no.
Rondo and Gallo: Yes, but Rondo was in the perfect situation playing with the big 3. Don't know how it will go now.
WB: Sure

Solefade
02-11-2014, 09:46 PM
Kobe already proved he could come back and be the same after the achilles, I dont see why a little bone crack would change anything.

lol dude

Upgrayedd
02-11-2014, 09:55 PM
Everyone is counting Rose out. He came back from ACL and didn't look like he lost a step athletically and this isn't anywhere near as bad as an ACL tear. He'll be fine. He just needs to slow down a bit and change his game up a little.

Heavincent
02-11-2014, 09:57 PM
Everyone is counting Rose out. He came back from ACL and didn't look like he lost a step athletically.

?

He was playing like complete shit before he got injured again.

Black and White
02-11-2014, 09:59 PM

um.......

nathanjizzle
02-11-2014, 09:59 PM
?

his last two games. he was coming back to form.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp8dRC439GA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QluP1P5Ta4

Black and White
02-11-2014, 10:00 PM
Everyone is counting Rose out. He came back from ACL and didn't look like he lost a step athletically and this isn't anywhere near as bad as an ACL tear. He'll be fine. He just needs to slow down a bit and change his game up a little.

That will be really difficult to do

Ai2death
02-11-2014, 10:07 PM
How about Nate Robinson?

Obviously hasn't played at the highest of levels, but doing his knee, I imagine will impact his game greatly

Ai2death
02-11-2014, 10:08 PM
That will be really difficult to do

He's going to have to minimise those jump stops he loves to do. Try running on the balls of his feet a bit more.

WWRWestbrookDo?
02-11-2014, 10:49 PM

Kobe Bryant
Derrick Rose
Russell Westbrook
Rajon Rondo
Deron Williams
Amar'e Stoudemire
Danilo Gallinari

I'm most confident in Westbrook and Rondo being back to normal.

Thunderstruck
02-12-2014, 01:16 AM
He's clearly mentally, and emotionally unstable. How do you not see it? Not very intelligent either.
Crazy? Sure. Not intelligent? No, Westbook is a smart guy. Search for his high school and college academic records. He was a straight A student. Just because he plays with what you perceive to be an out of control style doesn't make him dumb.

Upgrayedd
02-12-2014, 01:17 AM
?

I'm talking more that the athleticism was still completely there. Of course he's going to be rusty still. But the main concern was would he still be explosive and he was. I have no doubt he'll come back from this injury and not really lose any athleticism.

Milbuck
02-12-2014, 01:21 AM
Kobe Bryant - no. he could still be good, not what he was though.
Derrick Rose - yeah. different type of player maybe, but I think he can still be elite
Russell Westbrook - yeah, he'll be fine.
Rajon Rondo - same as goatbrook
Deron Williams - **** no.
Amar'e Stoudemire - see Williams, Deron.
Danilo Gallinari - I think so.

Go Getter
02-12-2014, 01:22 AM
It's strange that RW has had 3 surgeries on the same knee and no one is the least bit worried it seems.

rhowen4
02-12-2014, 01:26 AM
Kobe Bryant: no
Derrick Rose: yes
Russell Westbrook: yes
Rajon Rondo: yes
Deron Williams: yes
Amar'e Stoudemire: no
Danilo Gallinari: yes

Thunderstruck
02-12-2014, 01:39 AM
It's strange that RW has had 3 surgeries on the same knee and no one is the least bit worried it seems.

That's because the last 2 surgeries were scopes, which were minor. The first surgery was a meniscus repair, which was fairly minor as well compared to major ligament reconstruction like an acl. He played the best ball of his career before this last procedure and all indications are he will be back 100% again when he comes back.

Go Getter
02-12-2014, 11:51 AM
That's because the last 2 surgeries were scopes, which were minor. The first surgery was a meniscus repair, which was fairly minor as well compared to major ligament reconstruction like an acl. He played the best ball of his career before this last procedure and all indications are he will be back 100% again when he comes back.
The best ball of his career is 42% shooting and 4 turnovers to 7 assists?

3 procedures on the same knee is cause for concern no matter how you slice it.

imdaman99
02-12-2014, 12:00 PM
The best ball of his career is 42% shooting and 4 turnovers to 7 assists?

3 procedures on the same knee is cause for concern no matter how you slice it.
Just because you and samurai are miserable with how Rose is done, you are trying to come at Goatbrook :oldlol: I get it, misery loves company. But sucks for you that Russ will be fine. Rose is nice, but Goatbrook is a killer :rockon:

He's been cleared to come back, but the team is holding him back for that extra rest till after the all-star break which is allowing Durantula to clinch the MVP early.

I think Rondo will be back to normal too prob by the time next year comes around. Let's see who the Celts get in the draft.

cos88
02-12-2014, 12:11 PM
Kobe Bryant - he is done, we will never see 2012 kobe again. nash or malone were healthy all their lifes until 37-38, age and usage are unbeatable. he can still help a team that needs scoring.

Derrick Rose - he will never play 70+ games. i feel sorry for him, in 10 years people will talk about him as they talk about tmac and grant hill.

Russell Westbrook - best player out of the bunch. i think he will still be a superstar. he will come out strong when he returns. if he is lucky and will not get injured again he will be as usual.

Rajon Rondo - it clear to me he can't average more than 15 points for a season. he can score nice numbers vs certain pg like he did vs chalmers or rookie cole. his defense and playmaking are still there.

Deron Williams - he won't get any better, he's past his prime at 29.

Amar'e Stoudemire - until he will retire he will have injury problems. a role player at this point. an overpaid one.

Danilo Gallinari i can't see better than 11-12 ppg on 42 fg%, i feel bad for him he probably had the worst injury of them all, he's been out for many many months.

bookmark my knowledge for future rep NOW

TheMilkyBarKid
02-12-2014, 12:29 PM
I would love to see healthy westbrook, rose and rondo again. Kobe deserves to at least have a send off where he resembles himself and i want to see amare move like he used to, just not as a knick

ImKobe
02-12-2014, 12:30 PM
Kobe will have a big season next year, hopefully with a decent cast so he'll get some rest, probably a 26 ppg 5 reb 6 ast season. Rose will come back healthy, but he won't be the same athletically. Westbrook will do fine.

salwan
02-12-2014, 01:44 PM
no - kobe, amare, rose
very concerned - dwill, gallinari
concerned - westbrook - because of his reckless playing style
a little concerned - rondo - his game will age well

gyu
02-13-2014, 01:22 AM
Forgot to add Dwyane Wade, what about him?