02-11-2014, 10:33 PM
Give him solid minutes every night and he can average 12/8 easy

SpecialQue
02-11-2014, 10:54 PM
Bennett's bangin' bitches without a rubber. :applause:

Meticode
02-11-2014, 10:56 PM
Bennett's bangin' bitches without a rubber. :applause:
http://lifenews.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/paulgeorge.jpg

cuad
02-11-2014, 11:04 PM
BREAKING: Demarcus Cousins officially team cancer, gives up 20&10 to Anthony Bennett

JohnFreeman
02-11-2014, 11:05 PM
BREAKING: Demarcus Cousins officially team cancer, gives up 20&10 to Anthony Bennett
:no:

CelticBaller
02-11-2014, 11:06 PM
Poor boogie, being embarrassed by that fatass

JohnFreeman
02-11-2014, 11:07 PM
Poor boogie, being embarrassed by that fatass
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lns69cM1Bi1qleo4jo1_500.gif

oarabbus
02-11-2014, 11:44 PM

Looks like he got outplayed by Bennett :confusedshrug:

Leftimage
02-11-2014, 11:51 PM
I called the Bennett turnaround early on this season. All hail I.

Warfan
02-11-2014, 11:53 PM
Career high??

CavaliersFTW
02-11-2014, 11:53 PM
Career high??
yeah in points and rebounds

Leftimage
02-11-2014, 11:54 PM

If ever you're REALLY pissed, use this one:

http://goodolejaybird.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/gif.gif

RedBlackAttack
02-12-2014, 12:00 AM
Career high??

Interesting fact about Bennett...

He has played over 20 minutes in just six games so far this season, including tonight. He has scored in double-figures in all but one of those games.

I bet not too many people realize that. It's hard to impress when you're sitting on the bench. All AB needed was a little burn. He's got a very nice shooting stroke and athleticism at his size/length.

I don't want to get too far ahead of myself, but there's a reason I didn't join in with all the anti-Bennett propaganda. You don't give up on a guy 25 games into his career.

A lot of people could end up with a lot of egg on their faces.

outbreak
02-12-2014, 12:09 AM
Interesting fact about Bennett...

He has played over 20 minutes in just six games so far this season, including tonight. He has scored in double-figures in all but one of those games.

I bet not too many people realize that. It's hard to impress when you're sitting on the bench. All AB needed was a little burn. He's got a very nice shooting stroke and athleticism at his size/length.

I don't want to get too far ahead of myself, but there's a reason I didn't join in with all the anti-Bennett propaganda. You don't give up on a guy 25 games into his career.

A lot of people could end up with a lot of egg on their faces.

there's a reason he got no minutes, he couldn't hit a shot to save his life.

I wasn't in on the anti bennett hate, the only arguments I made was that he should not have gone number one but I've always maintained that he had talent mainly based on how he played in pre season where he would be terrible for a few quarters then turn it on and dominate in the fourth.

RedBlackAttack
02-12-2014, 12:23 AM
there's a reason he got no minutes, he couldn't hit a shot to save his life.

I wasn't in on the anti bennett hate, the only arguments I made was that he should not have gone number one but I've always maintained that he had talent mainly based on how he played in pre season where he would be terrible for a few quarters then turn it on and dominate in the fourth.
Most guys taken at the top of the draft not only start for their respective teams, they are given a nice long leash to make mistakes and learn from them. Bennett would get thrown into the game, without notice, midway through the third quarter, make one mistake, and get pulled immediately for the remainder.

It was ridiculous. There have also been a lot of really bad decisions by Brown in terms of matchups. He has put Bennett into the game with the idea that he would defend JR Smith (yes, I'm serious). The movement to make him into a SF was ridiculous from the start... I'm not saying he can't ever play that spot, but the guy is a natural 4 and that's where he should be playing until he catches up with the speed of the game.

After a couple years, then you think about adding to his versatility. Instead, he was being asked to play out of position.

It has taken him 40 games to realize, but Bennett is a PF. He does his best defensive work (which has been surprisingly good) at the 4 and his best offensive work at the 4. That's where he belongs for now.

Like I said, Bennett coming in out-of-shape didn't help, but Brown mismanaged him just about as badly as you will ever see a rookie mismanaged.

Inferno
02-12-2014, 12:24 AM
Big Poppa Bennett :bowdown:

We need a nickname for him...

El Gato Negro
02-12-2014, 12:49 AM
And still shooting over 40% the last 8 games.

KyleKong
02-12-2014, 12:50 AM

Fat Mamba.

hawksdogsbraves
02-12-2014, 02:14 AM
Big deal, his shot was falling for once. Congrats. You're the number one overall pick in the draft. 0 ast, 0 blks in 30 minutes, what does he give you besides the ability to make a few shots?

CavaliersFTW
02-12-2014, 02:18 AM
Big deal, his shot was falling for once. Congrats. You're the number one overall pick in the draft. 0 ast, 0 blks in 30 minutes, what does he give you besides the ability to make a few shots?
damn someone's mad, tell us how you really feel bro :oldlol:

hawksdogsbraves
02-12-2014, 02:20 AM
damn someone's mad, tell us how you really feel bro :oldlol:

I'm salty as hell, fat Bennett is turning into an all-star before my very eyes and making me look like a fool :rant

Meticode
02-12-2014, 02:21 AM
That's what happens when Joakim Noan drops a triple-double on your team. And it was their 4th loss in a row I think.

RedBlackAttack
02-12-2014, 02:53 AM
Well, he also had 10 rebounds and drew five fouls. Just one turnover, too. Oh, and he played solid defense as well.

Also, only one time this season has he played over 20 minutes and not scored in double figures.

But, by all means, continue believing the media driven narrative that he's the worst player ever, while also probably never seeing the kid play more than a couple minutes or in some YT videos. It's obviously important to you that he remains a punching bag, even though anyone who is currently watching him play can see he has some real tools to be a very good player in this league.

First impressions are hard to break, though. I realize that. Lots of sheeple out there.

I'm salty as hell, fat Bennett is turning into an all-star before my very eyes and making me look like a fool :rant

Bennett isn't making you look like a fool. You're making you look like a fool.

RedBlackAttack
02-12-2014, 03:03 AM
You certainly know how to kick a guy when he's down.

Anthony Bennett is a fat piece of trash, I'll never understand how he was picked number 1.

My money is on the fat slob being one of the 60% of NBA players who go broke after retirement. Especially since he'll have to 'retire' in his mid twenties.

He looked fat and slow last night, Cartier Martin was abusing him when he was in the game.

That's pretty disrespectful towards Bynum... Dude might not care about basketball, but at least he has some talent unlike Bennett.

When I saw Demarre Carroll look like LeBron when Bennett was guarding him, I knew he would never be a good player. He's obviously fat, but even beyond that I think he just can't move his feet. Even if his offense improves to become average he'll never be a good defender. Too small to guard most 4's and too slow to guard any 3's.

etc.

What the hell did Bennett do to you?

Illuminati
02-12-2014, 03:04 AM
Bumped his season averages to 3ppg and 2rpg. :applause:

Bennett gunning for ROY.

RedBlackAttack
02-12-2014, 03:12 AM
Bumped his season averages to 3ppg and 2rpg. :applause:

Bennett gunning for ROY.
Those numbers aren't correct, but whatever...

He's also averaging 11 points and 6 rebounds on 49% FG, 63% 3PT and 72% FT in his last five games, three of which were wins. In just 21 minutes a night, too.

Not too many rookies in this class have had a five game stretch that good.

JohnFreeman
02-12-2014, 03:12 AM
I am cheering Bennett on, I am not sure why I want him to do well.

Legends66NBA7
02-12-2014, 03:13 AM

Anthony "The Brampton Beast" Bennett.

Jameerthefear
02-12-2014, 03:14 AM
Yawn.

bdreason
02-12-2014, 03:18 AM
Happy for the kid.

JohnFreeman
02-12-2014, 03:19 AM
http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/anthony-bennett-jumps-when-touched-with-powerade-against-knicks.gif

RedBlackAttack
02-12-2014, 03:29 AM
The other bigs taken in the Top 10...

Cody Zeller - Hasn't had a double-figure rebounding game yet this year and has scored in double-figures just four times (less than Bennett), despite averaging 17 minutes a game (5+ more than Bennett).

Alex Len - Still hasn't scored in double figures yet this season, let alone had a double-double.

Maybe it is time some of these other guys take some heat for their poor play?

Even Steven Adams (picked 12th), who lots of people seem to love, hasn't come close to the kind of stretch of games Bennett is currently enjoying.

Jameerthefear
02-12-2014, 03:32 AM

Cody Zeller - Hasn't had a double-figure rebounding game yet this year and has scored in double-figures just four times (less than Bennett), despite averaging 17 minutes a game (5+ more than Bennett).

Alex Len - Still hasn't scored in double figures yet this season, let alone had a double-double.

Even Steven Adams (picked 12th), who lots of people seem to love, hasn't come close to the kind of stretch of games Bennett is currently enjoying.
Those guys weren't taken first.

fpliii
02-12-2014, 03:33 AM
I like Bennett, hope things work out for him.

Just wondering, has the improvement been mostly due to conditioning/becoming more acclimated with the pro game, or has he changed his approach/playstyle recently?

RedBlackAttack
02-12-2014, 03:34 AM
Those guys weren't taken first.
No... they were taken 4th and 5th, which are always spots in the draft that garner criticism if they don't produce. They're not producing.

Plus, a lot of people (some on here) were advocating for the Cavs to take Len.

Legends66NBA7
02-12-2014, 03:35 AM

This is a bad rookie year for this draft class. Only Carter-Williams, Burke and Oladipo have really played at decent levels for rookies and at least Bennett's getting on a roll now, which is great to see.

RedBlackAttack
02-12-2014, 03:35 AM

Just wondering, has the improvement been mostly due to conditioning/becoming more acclimated with the pro game, or has he changed his approach/playstyle recently?
Combination of all those things, plus actually getting consistent playing time for the first time this year.

fpliii
02-12-2014, 03:36 AM
Combination of everything, plus actually getting consistent playing time for the first time this year.
Thanks. Apologies if this is a stupid question, but do you see him playing more time at the 3 or 4 in the long-term?

CavaliersFTW
02-12-2014, 03:36 AM

confidence

JohnFreeman
02-12-2014, 03:37 AM
Thanks. Apologies if this is a stupid question, but do you see him playing more time at the 3 or 4 in the long-term?
He seems to be a bit of a stretch four

RedBlackAttack
02-12-2014, 03:50 AM
He's a 4 right now, no question. He's most comfortable using his quickness/length/athleticism against bigger/slower guys and also drawing them away from the basket with his shooting ability. That's really where he is a huge help to the Cavs. When he's on the floor, the spacing is so much better. Defenses have to account for his mid and long-range game.

We haven't seen a ton of it in games yet, but there are some wild stories about the things he does in practice with his athleticism... crazy oops and thunderous dunks. He's been close to posterizing quite a few people recently. Eventually, that's going to come.

He's also most comfortable defending other bigs. While he's not the tallest PF in the league, he has a very wide wingspan/standing reach that makes up for it and a solid build that makes him difficult to move.

He seems out of his depth when he's asked to defend guys on the perimeter. I've even seen him do a respectable job against the likes of Anthony Davis, Nene and Cousins for stretches. Not to say he stopped those guys, but he was solid enough and he also battled with them on the boards.

I think most people who've heard how bad AB is all season would be very surprised if they watched him play in the last couple weeks. He's come a long, long way in a short period of time, which gives me hope. It also makes what has been a difficult year for the Cavs a little brighter. If AB pans out, this won't have been a lost season.

fpliii
02-12-2014, 03:51 AM
He's a 4 right now, no question. He's most comfortable using his quickness/length against bigger/slower guys and also drawing them away from the basket with his shooting ability. That's really where he is a huge help to the Cavs. When he's on the floor, the spacing is so much better. Defenses have to account for his mid and long-range game.

He's also most comfortable defending other bigs. While he's not the tallest PF in the league, he has a very wide wingspan/standing reach that makes up for it and a solid build that makes him difficult to move.

He seems out of his depth when he's asked to defend guys on the perimeter. I've even seen him do a respectable job against the likes of Anthony Davis, Nene and Cousins for stretches. Not to say he stopped those guys, but he was solid enough and he also battled with them on the boards.

I think most people who've heard how bad AB is all season would be very surprised if they watched him play in the last couple weeks. He's come a long, long way.
Nice breakdown, thanks. So can he play alongside TT, or will that be an issue going forward?

RedBlackAttack
02-12-2014, 03:55 AM
Nice breakdown, thanks. So can he play alongside TT, or will that be an issue going forward?
He and TT have very different games. Tristan's game is around the rim and he's ideally an energy guy that you don't run a ton of offensive plays for. Bennett has a very versatile offensive game. They should play well off of one another.

Personally, I think the Cavs should start TT at center, Bennett at PF and bring Andy off the bench with his energy. To me, that's the lineup that would maximize the strengths of all three guys. Tristan is a borderline elite rebounder when Varejao is not on the floor, but those two tend to get in each other's way when they're playing together.

RedBlackAttack
02-12-2014, 03:57 AM
Here you go, guys...

Anthony Bennett - 19 points (6-9 FG, 3-3 3PT), 10 rebounds vs. Kings (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaHbylkacyc)

fpliii
02-12-2014, 03:57 AM
He and TT have very different games. Tristan's game is around the rim and he's ideally an energy guy that you don't run a ton of offensive plays for. Bennett has a very versatile offensive game. They should play well off of one another.

Personally, I think the Cavs should start TT at center, Bennett at PF and bring Andy off the bench with his energy. To me, that's the lineup that would maximize the strengths of all three guys. Tristan is a borderline elite rebounder when Varejao is not on the floor, but those two tend to get in each other's way when they're playing together.
Thanks.

JohnFreeman
02-12-2014, 03:58 AM
Here you go, guys...

Anthony Bennett - 19 points (6-9 FG, 3-3 3PT), 10 rebounds vs. Kings (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaHbylkacyc)
Might torrent the game, quality of the stream I had was awful

Warfan
02-12-2014, 04:08 AM
Here you go, guys...

:cheers: , he looks much slimmer too, hope things work out for him

Leftimage
02-12-2014, 04:11 AM
Just watched his full highlights. Very intriguing qualities and I can see why he came out on top in a weak draft class. I mean, the guy is buff, long & athletic with a very pure-looking stroke.

Celing: Super-Luol Deng

East_Stone_Ya
02-12-2014, 04:20 AM
about time :applause:

ImKobe
02-12-2014, 04:25 AM
Cavs are a bad team and won't make the Playoffs, I'd like to see them play Bennett 25 minutes a game at least, he's not a bad player. He has a really good shooting stroke and he's got some decent moves and he can crash the boards.

How is he supposed to average more than 3 & 3 when he averages 12 mpg for the season anyways. And when was the last time the 1st pick of the draft wasn't a starter? He has started in 0 games this season.

Mike Brown is a horrible coach to have for a young team, he is not that good at developing talent, he knows how to coach defense and he can do the little things, but he can't manage talent, minutes & he certainly can't make adjustments. I feel sorry for all the Cleveland fans.

HomieWeMajor
02-12-2014, 07:48 AM
Finally looking like a fat man's Antoine Walker :applause:

Doranku
02-12-2014, 08:00 AM
Was at the game last night, dude was looking solid. Like someone else mentioned, it definitely seems to be a confidence issue. The talent is definitely there. Guy was stroking it all night from 3 and was making quick moves inside to draw a handful of fouls.

I definitely had my doubts about him, especially after the slow start, but he's actually performed very well every time he's been given a fair amount of playing time.

Side note: Does Kyrie ever take a good shot? Looks like '06 Kobe in stretches. :oldlol:

Side side note: Why the f*ck is Tower City so god damn cold inside?

alenleomessi
02-12-2014, 09:05 AM
http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq339/Phatal101/ei5iiw.gif (http://s461.photobucket.com/user/Phatal101/media/ei5iiw.gif.html)

plowking
02-12-2014, 09:11 AM
Its going to be fun looking back and seeing all the over zealous bust callers looking awful silly about this guy. At worst hes going to be an impact player. Hes too damn big and athletic for nothing to come of him.

There are far worse players in the league simply making a living off their size and athleticism, and this kid actually has other tools.

JohnFreeman
02-12-2014, 09:17 AM
Its going to be fun looking back and seeing all the over zealous bust callers looking awful silly about this guy. At worst hes going to be an impact player. Hes too damn big and athletic for nothing to come of him.

There are far worse players in the league simply making a living off their size and athleticism, and this kid actually has other tools.
I am not mad but a bit ashamed at how people were calling him a bust. How the hell is that meant to help a young man become a great player? I am hoping he improves his game and becomes a factor on that Cavaliers team. #teambennett

DukeDelonte13
02-12-2014, 09:22 AM
I like that AB sucked earlier in the season because it was Mike Brown's fault, and now that he's turning it around and especially playing well defensively it's "in spite of MB's coaching"

gotta give credit to the coaching staff for Bennett's conditioning and new found confidence... maybe there is something to bringing a bigman rookie coming off an injury around slowly.

And :oldlol: at Jameer, You were all up on his nuts after he dropped 16 in the 4th Q on the magic during the preseason :oldlol:

Andrew Wiggins
02-12-2014, 10:05 AM
truthfully that wasn't very impressive. he settled for jumpers and just happened to knock them down. his shot doesn't have great rotation and looks like it's knuckling through the hoop. i like the and 1 on cousins and the double digit rebounds but he should be getting his points closer to the hoop with his size and explosiveness. the shot won't always fall.

NattyPButter
02-12-2014, 11:20 AM

team would be the smallest line up in the league with a line up like that. TT already gets bullied by other teams PF and you think he should play center? lol. He gets a lot of rebounds because he catches his own miss shots. He belongs on the bench and should be the one coming off the bench not AV.

NattyPButter
02-12-2014, 11:23 AM
truthfully that wasn't very impressive. he settled for jumpers and just happened to knock them down. his shot doesn't have great rotation and looks like it's knuckling through the hoop. i like the and 1 on cousins and the double digit rebounds but he should be getting his points closer to the hoop with his size and explosiveness. the shot won't always fall.

he would but the team has nothing but chucking perimeter players who don't pass to the bigs down low. They'll pass it to TT down low for some odd reason when he isn't a offensive threat. All he does is get his shit swatted 2-3 times a game. Bennett post up and these guys won't even pass to him or he'll ask for a alley and they won't throw the alley. They are to busy trying to create their own highlight real.