PDA

View Full Version : Skip Bayless last seven tweets

Gabi
02-12-2014, 10:16 AM
Obsessed much?

http://i.imgur.com/FnloPE9.png

JohnFreeman
02-12-2014, 10:18 AM
Does the dunk contest really matter? That shit is so boring now. I hardly even watch All Star weekend

dannywpt
02-12-2014, 10:19 AM
Following that clown on Twitter is is like intentionally spreading the cancer that is ESPN.

Gabi
02-12-2014, 10:21 AM
29 mentions since 14 Jan.:oldlol:

http://i.imgur.com/AirOKXT.png

Following that clown on Twitter is is like intentionally spreading the cancer that is ESPN.

Do not even have Twitter but Skip is such a big troll. HE has 1,3 million followers:eek:

D-FENS
02-12-2014, 10:23 AM
Dear OP

Yeah, I don't get why anyone would follow that troll. It's like standing around staring at a car wreck saying, "Oh, that's disgusting, but do you see that guy's bone is sticking through his arm. Oh, so disgusting. Anyone see the the blood and vomit in the lady's hair?"

STOP SUPPORTING BAYLESS BY FOLLOWING HIM ON TWITTER.

DukeDelonte13
02-12-2014, 10:25 AM
Does the dunk contest really matter? That shit is so boring now. I hardly even watch All Star weekend

it's boring because big name stars don't do it anymore. Paul George is an amazing player but he's hardly a household name.

National fans don't care about guys like Harrison Barnes and Ben Mclemore.

Now if Lebron entered i guarantee it would def. be must see TV.

JohnFreeman
02-12-2014, 10:26 AM
it's boring because big name stars don't do it anymore. Paul George is an amazing player but he's hardly a household name.

National fans don't care about guys like Harrison Barnes and Ben Mclemore.

Now if Lebron entered i guarantee it would def. be must see TV.
I think it has run it's course. Do 1 on 1 competitions or something

Dave3
02-12-2014, 10:26 AM
He says it all in his last tweet. "Can't wait for 10 EST ESPN2"

The guy is promoting his show, nothing else.

ImKobe
02-12-2014, 10:33 AM
Skip ethering Bran and his stans, tbh. Can't handle the truth.

guy
02-12-2014, 10:34 AM

Lebron is probably the biggest reason why the dunk contest has taken a downfall. Not only because he hasn't taken part, but also he's encouraged a culture where star players don't want to do it. Lebron not doing it is probably a big reason why other superstar dunkers like Wade, Durant, Rose, and Westbrook haven't done it either, and why someone who's basically known for his dunking like Blake Griffin have only done it once. Shit, it even encourages players who aren't even that big of a deal like Deandre Jordan to not take part.

ArbitraryWater
02-12-2014, 10:35 AM
Promoting. Sometimes I think he's supposed to make a clown of himself on purpose... like here, just to get people talking about it... like here.

JohnFreeman
02-12-2014, 10:36 AM
Lebron is probably the biggest reason why the dunk contest has taken a downfall. Not only because he hasn't taken part, but also he's encouraged a culture where star players don't want to do it. Lebron not doing it is probably a big reason why other superstar dunkers like Wade, Durant, Rose, and Westbrook haven't done it either, and why someone who's basically known for his dunking like Blake Griffin have only done it once. Shit, it even encourages players who aren't even that big of a deal like Deandre Jordan to not take part.
I think it has more to do with originality, everything has been done.

cos88
02-12-2014, 10:36 AM
attention hoeeeeee

Trollsmasher
02-12-2014, 10:39 AM
LeBron is probably pulling this teasing shit every year just to make Skip look more like an idiot

ArbitraryWater
02-12-2014, 10:42 AM
LeBron is probably pulling this teasing shit every year just to make Skip look more like an idiot

Yep. Just my thought. He did it last couple years as well :lol He knows what there talking about, hes just doing it for the jokes of it.

jzek
02-12-2014, 10:48 AM
I wonder who the better troll is - Skip or Euroleague?

guy
02-12-2014, 11:07 AM
I think it has more to do with originality, everything has been done.

Even with that being the case, people will still get more excited with star players involved especially with them going at each other. Its not just the art of the dunk that matters, but the competition involved. You think people wouldn't have loved to see Lebron vs Wade or Rose vs Westbrook in the dunk contest, even if the dunks weren't super unique? Shit, we jump out of our seats when we see dunks in games even though they are pretty much all the same.

Nikola_
02-12-2014, 11:18 AM
he is producing sounds with his nose all season long and no way he is sick all the time, guy is doing heavy drugs,
also people here think he is a troller, but this isnt one of those guys he is legitimately thinking what he says

remember when he said jordan would win it with rasha nesterovics and thiago splitters or something like that?:lol
he knows nothing about basketball, but act like he does

LAL
02-12-2014, 11:21 AM
I don't understand many people's opinions on the dunk contest.

Tell me if i'm wrong but why can't people understand that back when household names like MJ and the likes competed in dunk contest.. dunking creativity was still in it's early stages and dunks were getting more creative with time?

Now dunking from the free throw line, doing windmills and 360's isn't enough... we live in an era where lesser players or even streetballers have more spectacular and difficult dunks than todays superstars and past legends, wasn't really the case back then.

I think Kobe's dunk contest win 1997 was the last one where you could still win with fairly easy dunks in today's terms. Then after 2 years without a dunk contest came vince carter and his ridiculous dunks (the other dunkers weren't half bad either).. so here you have a superstar who happened to be the best dunker ever, to me his influence on dunking is quite underrated i think.. Another superstar wingplayer winning in 2000 might have put some extra pressure on superstars today, but also, he put dunking back on the map imo.. he kinda showed basketball players all over the world and all levels that you can be as creative as you want if you're an athlete.

And everyone should know lebron's dunking creativity is simply not enough to wow a crowd in a dunk contest in 2014.

Mass Debator
02-12-2014, 11:48 AM
He has a point. Lebron isn't afraid of showing off, but he's very scared of losing.

Rose'sACL
02-12-2014, 11:50 AM
I don't understand many people's opinions on the dunk contest.

Tell me if i'm wrong but why can't people understand that back when household names like MJ and the likes competed in dunk contest.. dunking creativity was still in it's early stages and dunks were getting more creative with time?

Now dunking from the free throw line, doing windmills and 360's isn't enough... we live in an era where lesser players or even streetballers have more spectacular and difficult dunks than todays superstars and past legends, wasn't really the case back then.

I think Kobe's dunk contest win 1997 was the last one where you could still win with fairly easy dunks in today's terms. Then after 2 years without a dunk contest came vince carter and his ridiculous dunks (the other dunkers weren't half bad either).. so here you have a superstar who happened to be the best dunker ever.. His influence on dunking is quite underrated i think.. another superstar wingplayer winning could have put some extra pressure on superstars today, but also, he put dunking back on the map imo.. he kinda showed basketball players all over the world and all levels that you can be as creative as you want if you're an athlete.

And everyone should know lebron's dunking creativity is simply not enough to wow a crowd in a dunk contest in 2014.
i wasn't interested in dunk contest in 90s when i was a kid really and kids love dunks. I never loved dunk contest. I only like in game dunks that are in traffic or when someone catches a alley-oop and still finishes the dunk.

The fact that most type of dunks have been done is the main reason Star players wouldn't risk injuries to try dunking like some guy in a youtube video. Every type of dunk that has been dunk in the past can be done by so many current nba players that dunk contest has become even more boring for me.

dannywpt
02-12-2014, 11:54 AM
I wonder who the better troll is - Skip or Euroleague?

Well, at least Skip gets paid, while Euroleague's mom has to pay for him while he's unemployed and full time trolling this forum

:yaohappy:

Mass Debator
02-12-2014, 11:54 AM
i wasn't interested in dunk contest in 90s when i was a kid really and kids love dunks. I never loved dunk contest. I only like in game dunks that are in traffic or when someone catches a alley-oop and still finishes the dunk.

The fact that most type of dunks have been done is the main reason Star players wouldn't risk injuries to try dunking like some guy in a youtube video. Every type of dunk that has been dunk in the past can be done by so many current nba players that dunk contest has become even more boring for me.
The injury excuse is the lamest one. Players who can dunk will always have fun dunking on their own time or in game. Trust me, if they can get creative with it, they'll try it for fun without even thinking about injury.

Rose'sACL
02-12-2014, 12:02 PM
The injury excuse is the lamest one. Players who can dunk will always have fun dunking on their own time or in game. Trust me, if they can get creative with it, they'll try it for fun without even thinking about injury.
i am not making excuse for lebron. he is an attention whore a lot of the times. I am just saying that i find dunk contest to be a really dumb concept these days and even in the 90s but i thought NBA would mature a bit by now realizing that there is only so much you can do in a dunk contest without really risking an injury. I like dunks when there are players trying to stop you from going to the basket.
i personally think that dunk contest makes NBA look like an amateur league. There are people doing weirder things with their body. i will watch them instead of watching really tall guys dunk without anyone trying to stop them from getting to the basket. The few dunk contest dunks i have liked have all been by small players.

LAL
02-12-2014, 12:05 PM
Ow yeah not to mention the youtube and internet videos all over the world, we have basically seen it all. I don't understand why players never mention this, so people can back off with the questions, this isn't the 90's.

I don't believe the injury excuse btw

brantonli
02-12-2014, 12:08 PM
Do not even have Twitter but Skip is such a big troll. HE has 1,3 million followers:eek:

And he doesn't even follow anybody. I bet he has an alternate account so that he can follow real insiders like Woj.

Rose'sACL
02-12-2014, 12:09 PM
Ow yeah not to mention the youtube and internet videos all over the world, we have basically seen it all. I don't understand why players never mention this, so people can back off with the questions, this isn't the 90's.

I don't believe the injury excuse btw
I don't think any coach likes their players playing in any games that they don't have to. players might like it but they know that all star weekend is a show. Fan voting makes it even less valuable.
I am saying that if NBA players want to do better than what people have done in various YouTube videos then they will definitely be risking getting injured because they would have to do some really otherworldly stuff .

Mass Debator
02-12-2014, 12:13 PM
i am not making excuse for lebron. he is an attention whore a lot of the times. I am just saying that i find dunk contest to be a really dumb concept these days and even in the 90s but i thought NBA would mature a bit by now realizing that there is only so much you can do in a dunk contest without really risking an injury. I like dunks when there are players trying to stop you from going to the basket.
i personally think that dunk contest makes NBA look like an amateur league. There are people doing weirder things with their body. i will watch them instead of watching really tall guys dunk without anyone trying to stop them from getting to the basket. The few dunk contest dunks i have liked have all been by small players.
I know where you are coming from and nothing excites me more than a dunk in traffic. Especially a smaller man dunking on a bigger man. However, the dunk contest simply isn't that great anymore due to star power. Fans just want to see their/the best players dunking. Doesn't matter what they do...just gotta be clean with it with their max vertical while showing some emotions out there. The dunk itself is just 1 phase of the process and doesn't have to be totally unique. It goes the build up, the gather, the dunk, and then the finish. The "scrubs" who can dunk usually have no build up or finish to make a round somewhat exciting.

For the record, John Wall takes it this year because he's an entertainer.

LAL
02-12-2014, 12:14 PM
I don't think any coach likes their players playing in any games that they don't have to. players might like it but they know that all star weekend is a show. Fan voting makes it even less valuable.
I am saying that if NBA players want to do better than what people have done in various YouTube videos then they will definitely be risking getting injured because they would have to do some really otherworldly stuff .
Listen buddy, they can't, and if they could we would know.
The ones that can do those dunks, are participating this year.

AbeVigodaLive
02-12-2014, 12:26 PM
Is ESPN televising the event?

That could be the reason for the oversaturation of James and the event. Bayless is a company man.

Rose'sACL
02-12-2014, 12:30 PM
Is ESPN televising the event?

That could be the reason for the oversaturation of James and the event. Bayless is a company man.
he really does his job well. The funny part is that people hate ESPN on ISH but watch it anyways.

LAL
02-12-2014, 12:35 PM
I know where you are coming from and nothing excites me more than a dunk in traffic. Especially a smaller man dunking on a bigger man. However, the dunk contest simply isn't that great anymore due to star power. Fans just want to see their/the best players dunking. Doesn't matter what they do...just gotta be clean with it with their max vertical while showing some emotions out there. The dunk itself is just 1 phase of the process and doesn't have to be totally unique. It goes the build up, the gather, the dunk, and then the finish. The "scrubs" who can dunk usually have no build up or finish to make a round somewhat exciting.

For the record, John Wall takes it this year because he's an entertainer.
If for example Lebron, wade, harden, westbrook and durant decided to participate.. then maybe you could promote that as the contest to decide who the best dunker of the superstars is, will be fun to watch, but not realistic.
But when you have lebron vs athletic creative young players.. he's gonna need a whole lot more than a "build up".

Mass Debator
02-12-2014, 12:45 PM
If for example Lebron, wade, harden, westbrook and durant decided to participate.. then maybe you could promote that as the contest to decide who the best dunker of the superstars is, will be fun to watch, but not realistic.
But when you have lebron vs athletic creative young players.. he's gonna need a whole lot more than a "build up".
Blake and D12 went. PG and Lillard, the upcoming stars, are participating with a known John Wall. What more does he need? Is he a follower or a leader? Wade, Harden, and Durant never had a real high vertical to pull off anything great. I bet you if Blake, Westbrook, Rose, and Wall went, Lebron would still not be in it. In conclusion, he's just scared but he's doing these practice dunks to make him look a little better when everyone knows the pressure of the dunk contest, alone on the court, is probably something he doesn't want.

Plus he basically promised to be in that one year. What more excuses do you people need to give him? He's afraid. That's all.

LAL
02-12-2014, 01:05 PM
Blake and D12 went. PG and Lillard, the upcoming stars, are participating with a known John Wall. What more does he need? Is he a follower or a leader? Wade, Harden, and Durant never had a real high vertical to pull off anything great. I bet you if Blake, Westbrook, Rose, and Wall went, Lebron would still not be in it. In conclusion, he's just scared but he's doing these practice dunks to make him look a little better when everyone knows the pressure of the dunk contest, alone on the court, is probably something he doesn't want.

Plus he basically promised to be in that one year. What more excuses do you people need to give him? He's afraid. That's all.
Well.. that's my point, the only way he will participate is if those guys will enter.
And ofcourse he's probably afraid and confused about it, but i'm trying to explain where that confusion's coming from.. it's the expectations like it's the 90's.
He couldn't compete creativity wise with guys like griffin and d12, he knows that. Let alone against better and unknown dunkers.
But people (and lebron himself, the idiot) are putting pressure on lebron to do it because of wingplayers and superstars like Dr.J, MJ, Nique, Kobe and carter.
Not Griffin, he's more category kemp, amare.. those big guys with special athletic ability were always around and howard was a giant freak who actually had more creativity than lebron.

I don't want to see lebron winning because of the way he celebrates or how high he jumps and i definitely don't want to see another Kia dunk.

Mass Debator
02-12-2014, 01:22 PM
Well.. that's my point, the only way he will participate is if those guys will enter.
And ofcourse he's probably afraid and confused about it, but i'm trying to explain where that confusion's coming from.. it's the expectations like it's the 90's.
He couldn't compete creativity wise with guys like griffin and d12, he knows that. Let alone against better and unknown dunkers.
But people (and lebron himself, the idiot) are putting pressure on lebron to do it because of wingplayers and superstars like Dr.J, MJ, Nique, Kobe and carter.
Not Griffin, he's more category kemp, amare.. those big guys with special athletic ability were always around and howard was a giant freak who actually had more creativity than lebron.

I don't want to see lebron winning because of the way he celebrates or how high he jumps and i definitely don't want to see another Kia dunk.
I'll have to disagree. I don't think he'll ever enter even if those guys participated.

I don't think creativity is an issue as that can be attributed by people telling him what he can try. I just don't think he can pull them off. PG pulls of a 360 windmill routinely. He did it in practice, in a contest, and in game before but I'm still up for him doing it again this weekend (hopefully not with the lights off again). The same goes with John Wall's behind the back. I don't think Lebron has the body control to pull something like that off. Wouldn't a 360 windmill by Bron still bring the house down? Behind the back or just simply jumping from the free throw line? Off the side of the backboard reverse slam? Statue of liberty? These have been done before, but IMO, it'll still get the judges and fans off their seats if Bron did them. It's about bringing your own personality and flavor into the dunk. The confidence and hopefully getting it right on the first try if not the second at the most.

When I say "finish" I don't mean celebration exactly. It's as subtle as Vince landing and instantly jumping right back up with a roar. Or John Wall walking it off with swag. Westbrook staring in the stands with the "I don't give a fck, I just killed it" look. Nothing like Nate Robinson dancing...it's only cute when he does it so fans react positively to him since he's short.

I also think a lot that "expectation" is from himself. Show boating whenever he can. Already claiming he'd win. Or that one year when he publicly stated that he was disappointed in the dunk contest AT the dunk contest.

He screwed up early by not going at a young age where pressure hasn't built up to this stage. Now, he's never going to go. He's always been scared to lose or scared to be alone. It's just sad for his fans that he'd never give them one good showing. I personally don't care if he participates or not. I just know that he won't.

LAL
02-12-2014, 01:38 PM
I'll have to disagree. I don't think he'll ever enter even if those guys participated.

I don't think creativity is an issue as that can be attributed by people telling him what he can try. I just don't think he can pull them off. PG pulls of a 360 windmill routinely. He did it in practice, in a contest, and in game before but I'm still up for him doing it again this weekend (hopefully not with the lights off again). The same goes with John Wall's behind the back. I don't think Lebron has the body control to pull something like that off. Wouldn't a 360 windmill by Bron still bring the house down? Behind the back or just simply jumping from the free throw line? Off the side of the backboard reverse slam? Statue of liberty? These have been done before, but IMO, it'll still get the judges and fans off their seats if Bron did them. It's about bringing your own personality and flavor into the dunk. The confidence and hopefully getting it right on the first try if not the second at the most.

When I say "finish" I don't mean celebration exactly. It's as subtle as Vince landing and instantly jumping right back up with a roar. Or John Wall walking it off with swag. Westbrook staring in the stands with the "I don't give a fck, I just killed it" look. Nothing like Nate Robinson dancing...it's only cute when he does it so fans react positively to him since he's short.

I also think a lot that "expectation" is from himself. Show boating whenever he can. Already claiming he'd win. Or that one year when he publicly stated that he was disappointed in the dunk contest AT the dunk contest.

He screwed up early by not going at a young age where pressure hasn't built up to this stage. Now, he's never going to go. He's always been scared to lose or scared to be alone. It's just sad for his fans that he'd never give them one good showing. I personally don't care if he participates or not. I just know that he won't.
What exactly are we disagreeing on? Creativity in a dunk contest will be fixed because someone tells you in your ear what to do? Or maybe i didn't use the right word as english isn't my first language.

I know paul george and the likes are better and more creative dunkers than lebron..

The only thing we're disagreeing on is that you want to see him in a dunk contest and i don't.

UK2K
02-12-2014, 01:57 PM
Why doesnt Tiger woods challenge golfers at the local country club?

Cause hes got nothing to gain and everything to lose.

LAL
02-12-2014, 02:01 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=325568
Look at this dunk and the reactions in the thread, that's the point i tried to make in my first post.
Dunks are getting more ridiculous and because of that fans are spoiled. Lebron is not a special dunker even tough he's one of the most athletic and best players ever.
But what do fans say, if MJ and Dr. J did it when they were the best, he has to do it too. Forget how spoiled we are, we want to see you there.

I don't care about his promises and all the dumb stuff he said, i just don't want to see him in a dunk contest and if he did, fans will be dissapointed by the future legend, again, this aint the 90's.
He can't even jump off of 2 feet.

Magic 32
02-12-2014, 02:44 PM

Not quite as boring as Lebron.

Which is why this keeps coming up.

FKAri
02-12-2014, 02:47 PM
Skip Bayless is an actor. Those are posted by an ESPN intern.

Teanett
02-12-2014, 02:48 PM
skip bayless is a beast.

SHAQisGOAT
02-12-2014, 02:48 PM
Who pays attention to that tool, really? :rolleyes:

J Shuttlesworth
02-12-2014, 02:50 PM
OP is an idiot. These tweets are promoting his show, and OP is promoting Skip/SAS show by making a thread about it. This is exactly what he wants you to do :coleman:

Mass Debator
02-12-2014, 02:54 PM
What exactly are we disagreeing on? Creativity in a dunk contest will be fixed because someone tells you in your ear what to do? Or maybe i didn't use the right word as english isn't my first language.

I know paul george and the likes are better and more creative dunkers than lebron..

The only thing we're disagreeing on is that you want to see him in a dunk contest and i don't.
I think the only thing we are disagreeing on is that you think Lebron doesn't want to join because of the stars before him setting the bar high and it's a meaningless contest anyway. I think it's because he's just scared of the pressure of being by himself and having to win. He wants to participate but he can't because of his mentality when the moment rises.

And we agree that we don't care about Lebron joining or not and that his arsenal of dunks aren't as diverse as other contestants.

moe94
02-12-2014, 02:56 PM
Who pays attention to that tool, really? :rolleyes:

Skip literally comes across as a random Kobe stan on ISH. It's hilarious.

Like I wouldn't even be surprised if he was 9er.

LAL
02-12-2014, 03:16 PM
I think the only thing we are disagreeing on is that you think Lebron doesn't want to join because of the stars before him setting the bar high and it's a meaningless contest anyway. I think it's because he's just scared of the pressure of being by himself and having to win. He wants to participate but he can't because of his mentality when the moment rises.

And we agree that we don't care about Lebron joining or not and that his arsenal of dunks aren't as diverse as other contestants.
No, i think FANS want lebron to enter because of past superstars.. And Lebron doesn't want to join because of the reasons you and i agree on imo.

However, you also have fans that want to see him in the dunk contest and fail because he said dumb stuff. Am i right? :p

AnaheimLakers24
02-12-2014, 03:19 PM
Skip Bayless is an actor. Those are posted by an ESPN intern.
:roll:

oarabbus
02-12-2014, 03:22 PM
Obsessed much?

[IMG]

Obsessed :biggums:

How much is Skip Bayless worth?
$4 Million

Skip Bayless's Annual Salary
$500 Thousand

The $500k number is probably off (maybe twice as much as it really is) but y'all are the fools here. This guy is getting paid 6 figures easy for talking about sports (of which Tweeting is part of his job description) and you guys are taking shots at him for being "obsessed" :lol

HoopsFanNumero1
02-12-2014, 03:26 PM
Do people not realize he's just playing a character? He's far from an idiot.