PDA

View Full Version : Victor Oladipo (future ROY) takes FIRST PLACE in NBA's Rookie Ladder

Jameerthefear
02-12-2014, 04:54 PM
Droid101... where are you? :roll: :roll:
http://www.nba.com/rookie-ladder/?ls=iref:nbahpt3b

Uncle Drew
02-12-2014, 04:55 PM
In before Bennett wins the whole thing.

Warfan
02-12-2014, 04:57 PM
Mcw?

El Gato Negro
02-12-2014, 04:58 PM
Yawn......worst draft class ever.

TMT
02-12-2014, 04:58 PM
Rightfully so. :rockon:
Who are we getting for Jameer at the trade deadline?

IncarceratedBob
02-12-2014, 04:59 PM
Dudes gonna look nice in a Laker jersey

Jameerthefear
02-12-2014, 04:59 PM
Rightfully so. :rockon:
Who are we getting for Jameer at the trade deadline?
If we do trade 'Meer we'll package him with Glen. I have no idea who needs them (would be someone who needs a scoring punch off the bench imo)

moe94
02-12-2014, 05:00 PM
Droid mad as f*ck.

Olacinco
02-12-2014, 05:00 PM
Dudes gonna look nice in a Laker jersey

First off.. go fvck yourself..

And second... Helllll yeahhhhh olacincooooo:rockon:

Jameerthefear
02-12-2014, 05:01 PM
Oladipo in this 3 game win streak - 19/4/3 and 2 steals on 60% shooting. Haters ghost

Jameerthefear
02-12-2014, 05:05 PM
Droid mad as f*ck.
No where to be seen :lol GHOST.

outbreak
02-12-2014, 05:10 PM
For bennett to win mvp after his start he'd have to pull off some crazy numbers for the rest of the season. Victor just needs to keep up his consistency

Jameerthefear
02-12-2014, 05:11 PM
For bennett to win mvp after his start he'd have to pull off some crazy numbers for the rest of the season. Victor just needs to keep up his consistency
Yep. This stretch he is having is awesome.

BuffaloBill
02-12-2014, 05:13 PM
dude is so good i honestly forgot he was a rookie

TMT
02-12-2014, 05:14 PM
If we do trade 'Meer we'll package him with Glen. I have no idea who needs them (would be someone who needs a scoring punch off the bench imo)

Would love someone to take both of them. But doubt it happens.

outbreak
02-12-2014, 05:21 PM

pacers could use jameer I rekon, they need a vet guard who can handle the ball when the pressures on. OKC should move for Afflalo

Jameerthefear
02-12-2014, 05:22 PM
Would love someone to take both of them. But doubt it happens.
I think Jameer has one more year of 8 million and Glen with like 6.5 million.

Jameerthefear
02-12-2014, 05:22 PM
pacers could use jameer I rekon, they need a vet guard who can handle the ball when the pressures on. OKC should move for Afflalo
Yeah I was thinking the Pacers they just don't have the cap room and don't really have anything we want.

Jameerthefear
02-12-2014, 05:37 PM
Lets see if he can continue this stretch vs Memphis tonight. I hope for a good game from him and a loss..

Olacinco
02-12-2014, 05:37 PM
I wish we could do a 3 team trade and trade jameer to Brooklyn and big baby to New York. Somehow end up receiving plumlee and Livingston

Brooklyn would be guaranteed a title and I would actually go to a Knicks game if baby played here lol

AnaheimLakers24
02-12-2014, 05:38 PM
in six years he will be in a heat or lakers jersey

outbreak
02-12-2014, 05:39 PM
I wish we could do a 3 team trade and trade jameer to Brooklyn and big baby to New York. Somehow end up receiving plumlee and Livingston

Brooklyn would be guaranteed a title and I would actually go to a Knicks game if baby played here lol

:biggums:

outbreak
02-12-2014, 05:40 PM
in six years he will be in a heat or lakers jersey

you've gotten 2 players, one of who went against his will and your teams been left in a dire situation as a result. Does that really qualify you to troll like you do?

AirTupac
02-12-2014, 05:41 PM
Cant wait to see him in the purple and gold along with whoever Orlando drafts this season.

Exum - Oladipo - Parker - Love

:bowdown:

Jameerthefear
02-12-2014, 05:42 PM

Don't really want Plumlee or Livingston tbh... I just want picks or maybe a backup PG or SF

Jameerthefear
02-12-2014, 05:42 PM
LA fans so salty. Oladipo>>>anyone on the Lakers. :roll:

Jameerthefear
02-12-2014, 05:45 PM
Magic future starting 5

Oladipo
Afflalo
Tobias
Vucevic
Embiid

Who knows? We could draft Wiggins or Parker also. Plus we have that other lottery pick :applause:
That is a top 3 seed in the East. Plus who knows what free agents are looking.

NattyPButter
02-12-2014, 05:56 PM
he's gonna hit that rookie wall soon.

Jameerthefear
02-12-2014, 05:59 PM
Keep dreaming.

outbreak
02-12-2014, 06:11 PM
Magic future starting 5

Oladipo
Afflalo
Tobias
Vucevic
Embiid

Who knows? We could draft Wiggins or Parker also. Plus we have that other lottery pick :applause:
That is a top 3 seed in the East. Plus who knows what free agents are looking.

I don't think vuc can play power forward. I also think we won't get the number one pick. I think we will end up with parker, wiggins or exum. In this draft I really don't know who I'd prefer as they all have shown a lot of talent but also don't look perfect. Our mid first round from denver should be interesting, there's a lot of mid first guys who could contribute and if ennis doesn't rise too much he could be a great fit.

outbreak
02-12-2014, 06:12 PM

it's a possibility but the fact he has been improving lately without showing signs of slowing down make me optimistic he won't.

Jameerthefear
02-12-2014, 06:14 PM
I don't think vuc can play power forward. I also think we won't get the number one pick. I think we will end up with parker, wiggins or exum. In this draft I really don't know who I'd prefer as they all have shown a lot of talent but also don't look perfect. Our mid first round from denver should be interesting, there's a lot of mid first guys who could contribute and if ennis doesn't rise too much he could be a great fit.
Yeah I doubt Vuc could play the 4 but I was just throwing out some idea I guess. Parker has looked the best in college while Wiggins has the most potential. Exum is interesting to me since I don't know much about his game. I just have to trust Rob on this one I guess.

outbreak
02-12-2014, 06:22 PM
Yeah I doubt Vuc could play the 4 but I was just throwing out some idea I guess. Parker has looked the best in college while Wiggins has the most potential. Exum is interesting to me since I don't know much about his game. I just have to trust Rob on this one I guess.

I have a feeling that we will have an easier time predicting who we will target when more interviews start coming out from the players, in a situation like this I think hennigan will go back to his character first evaluation. From what I've seen at this point jabari seems to have great character and exum does too.

Exum could be interesting, i know the australian institute of sport puts a lot of effort into teaching players to be mature and drills a strong work ethic. Also tend to be more mature as they've grown up in a culture where they aren't really praised and helped out in life due to being a talented ball player.

TMT
02-12-2014, 06:53 PM
Did I read someone in here say Vuc can't play power forward? He is a power forward. He's been playing out of position since he got to Orlando because of lack of a true center on the team.

Jameerthefear
02-12-2014, 06:57 PM
Did I read someone in here say Vuc can't play power forward? He is a power forward. He's been playing out of position since he got to Orlando because of lack of a true center on the team.
I don't think offense would be too much of a problem (although I'm a bit worried since when Houston tried to run two 7-footers it was a disaster but Vuc has range). But defensively, he's already a bit slow-footed. The quicker 4s would demolish him imo

outbreak
02-12-2014, 06:58 PM

I did, he definitely has the range to play outside more but I just don't think he has the speed to match up against a lot of power forwards. I would love to be proven wrong though.

Droid101
02-12-2014, 07:01 PM
You know that these ratings are what they've done the past week, right? Yeah, Oladipo had a great week. Wtf?

Jake (Orlando)

Who's leading the ROY race right now? Oladipo has had a great few weeks and MCW has regressed.

Chad Ford (1:19 PM)

It's a two-way race right now. But you're right, while Carter-Williams was the best rookie in the first half of the season, Oladipo has really picked up his play. Based on what we've seen so far, it's Carter-Williams. But if Oladipo keeps improving like this, I think he'll win it.
Exactly what I said. So far, MCW has been better. If he keep regressing and Oladipo keeps getting better, no shit their ranks will change. But so far, MCW would win if the vote was held today.

Jameerthefear
02-12-2014, 07:02 PM
19/4/3 and 2 steals on 60% shooting :applause:

Jameerthefear
02-12-2014, 07:03 PM
You know that these ratings are what they've done the past week, right? Yeah, Oladipo had a great week. Wtf?

Exactly what I said. So far, MCW has been better. If he keep regressing and Oladipo keeps getting better, no shit their ranks will change. But so far, MCW would win if the vote was held today.
You have already looked foolish enough Droid. Oladipo runaway ROY :applause:

KyrieTheFuture
02-12-2014, 07:04 PM
Anthony Bennett will make a late season storm for the crown

Jameerthefear
02-12-2014, 07:05 PM
http://i.imgur.com/cZJnjRc.gif

Le Shaqtus
02-12-2014, 07:09 PM
I believe in Hennigan :banana:

outbreak
02-12-2014, 07:12 PM
i agree he will make a late season push but to have a realistic shot he will need to be averaging 20+ points and 10+ rebounds a game with how bad his first half of the year was.

Black and White
02-12-2014, 07:22 PM
Don't really want Plumlee or Livingston tbh... I just want picks or maybe a backup PG or SF

Livingston is a quality player, one of the bright spots in Brooklyn

KyrieTheFuture
02-12-2014, 07:43 PM
Guys I was joking come on Bennett has no shot at ROY but he can definitely end up the best player in the class. Jameer will reach Paukian levels of dedication to Oladipo soon.

mattvNJ
02-12-2014, 07:44 PM
Loved him college, surprised to see any one sniffing MCW after how he started the season. Good for Dipo. Also Calathes moving up the ranks at five was surprising to me :rockon:

outbreak
02-12-2014, 07:46 PM
Guys I was joking come on Bennett has no shot at ROY but he can definitely end up the best player in the class. Jameer will reach Paukian levels of dedication to Oladipo soon.

nah he's just going over the top because some posters here are acting like oladipo is a bust. While he may not be a number 1 player he has shown he will be a solid pick.

KyrieTheFuture
02-12-2014, 07:48 PM
nah he's just going over the top because some posters here are acting like oladipo is a bust. While he may not be a number 1 player he has shown he will be a solid pick.
Really? Maybe it's because I avoid most rookie topics out of embarrassment but people are calling Oladipo a bust? I'd say he's overrated by virtue of being strong in a weak class but very far from a bust.

Jameerthefear
02-12-2014, 07:56 PM
Bennett has literally 3 good games out of 40+ this season. Stop overhyping him lol. Best player of this class? LOL.

outbreak
02-12-2014, 07:57 PM
Really? Maybe it's because I avoid most rookie topics out of embarrassment but people are calling Oladipo a bust? I'd say he's overrated by virtue of being strong in a weak class but very far from a bust.

There's been a few, mainly people trying to justify the bennett pick by saying "look oladipo is a bust too" rather than keeping calm and letting bennett find his rythm and develop. I don't really think he's been over rated yet, most people seem to give him a fair assessment and understand that his most likely ceiling isn't a go to scorer.

KyrieTheFuture
02-12-2014, 07:59 PM
There's been a few, mainly people trying to justify the bennett pick by saying "look oladipo is a bust too" rather than keeping calm and letting bennett find his rythm and develop. I don't really think he's been over rated yet, most people seem to give him a fair assessment and understand that his most likely ceiling isn't a go to scorer.
The only justification of us not taking Dipo is us having 3 ball dominant guards already. I'm glad we don't have him. Bennett has a higher ceiling IMO but Dipo has a better chance of being a good player, if that makes sense.

Jameerthefear
02-12-2014, 08:02 PM
Bennett - 4/0.3/3 on 31% shooting
Cleveland fans "He has a higher ceiling!"

outbreak
02-12-2014, 08:05 PM
The only justification of us not taking Dipo is us having 3 ball dominant guards already. I'm glad we don't have him. Bennett has a higher ceiling IMO but Dipo has a better chance of being a good player, if that makes sense.

Yeah i don't know if cavs should have taken Dipo in particular, personally i didn't think they should have taken bennett but at the same time it was one of those drafts where even if you take one of the guys who are being talked about as the top players none of them are guaranteed anyway. My bigger issue was that they could have traded down for bennett but I think some reports at the time said that cavs and someone i forget were trying to trade down and no one was really interested.

I get what you mean though, I'm not sure i 100% agree but i get that their is an argument that bennett could possibly turn out to be a better impact player where as oladipo is more of a sure thing 2nd-3rd option glue guy.

Take Your Lumps
02-12-2014, 08:27 PM

Has Rob Hennigan even made a bad decision yet?

As far as pairing with Oladipo, I like the prospects of matching him up with either Parker, Exum, or Embiid. The first two because they seem to play with a sense of urgency like Oladipo and Embiid because he's going to be a top 5 big man just by default.

But shit, you can't even be mad if you manage to land Wiggins.

MUGEN
02-12-2014, 08:28 PM
CJ enters the list! :applause:

KyrieTheFuture
02-12-2014, 08:43 PM
Yeah i don't know if cavs should have taken Dipo in particular, personally i didn't think they should have taken bennett but at the same time it was one of those drafts where even if you take one of the guys who are being talked about as the top players none of them are guaranteed anyway. My bigger issue was that they could have traded down for bennett but I think some reports at the time said that cavs and someone i forget were trying to trade down and no one was really interested.

I get what you mean though, I'm not sure i 100% agree but i get that their is an argument that bennett could possibly turn out to be a better impact player where as oladipo is more of a sure thing 2nd-3rd option glue guy.
I really dislike when people use ceiling as a term because it doesn't really mean anything and ceiling is impossible to determine. So I suppose I'm a hypocrite in this instance but oh well. I just tend to gravitate more towards big men with potential than guards. Guards are a dime a dozen in this league.

Take Your Lumps
02-12-2014, 08:44 PM
I'm honestly a bit surprised Oladipo's played as well as he has considering his situation.

He's playing alongside veterans like Nelson and Afflalo....and hasn't even been starting on a consistent basis.

I think if he had been given the keys to a franchise like MCW has, it wouldn't even be a contest. Victor seems to be getting stronger as the season goes on.

BrownEye007
02-12-2014, 08:46 PM
Bennett - 4/0.3/3 on 31% shooting
Cleveland fans "He has a higher ceiling!"
Yeah and the rookie of the year always ends up the best player in the draft :facepalm

Droid101
02-13-2014, 12:15 AM
If I was a bitch like Jameer, I'd post MCW/Dipo stats for tonight. But I'm not, so I won't.

lel

Jameerthefear
02-13-2014, 12:17 AM
MCW trying to catch up. Not going to happen though. Oladipo needs to stay consistent though.

GOBB
02-13-2014, 01:31 AM
MCW has ROY locked up. Numbers don't lie

Fire Colangelo
02-13-2014, 01:33 AM
Rightfully so, MCW is getting overrated.

GOBB
02-13-2014, 01:35 AM
Rightfully so, MCW is getting overrated.

17ppg 5.4rpg 6.4apg 2.1spg
14ppg 4.4rpg 4.0apg 1.6spg

Somehow the bottom Statline is better than the top

:roll: only on ISH

Fire Colangelo
02-13-2014, 01:49 AM
17ppg 5.4rpg 6.4apg 2.1spg
14ppg 4.4rpg 4.0apg 1.6spg

Somehow the bottom Statline is better than the top

:roll: only on ISH

Pretty sure NBA rookie ladder is a weekly thing.

For the past week, one led his team to 3 straight wins against Pistons, OKC and IND. The other led his team to 3 losses against

Choice for top rookie of the week is clear to me :confusedshrug:

hawksdogsbraves
02-13-2014, 02:04 AM

For the past week, one led his team to 3 straight wins against Pistons, OKC and IND. The other led his team to 3 losses against

Hey buddy I think you forgot to check ESPN for the last part of your post :facepalm

Fire Colangelo
02-13-2014, 02:05 AM
Hey buddy I think you forgot to check ESPN for the last part of your post :facepalm

wtf are you talking about lol i don't even go on espn?

RedBlackAttack
02-13-2014, 02:25 AM
Perhaps MCW's most impressive stat is his 2+ steals per game. If the ROY voting were held today he would be the near unanimous winner. IMO, Trey Burke is his biggest threat in the second half of the season.

Burke is just starting to get acclimated to the NBA game after missing the first 15 games of the season and he's already putting up 13 points, 6 assists, 4 rebounds against under 2 turnovers a game. Impressive.

GOBB
02-13-2014, 06:18 AM

Riiiiiiiight no coincidence Orlando has won a few games when Vucevic returned. Nahhhhhhhhhhhhh, how many games were won when he was out? I'll wait. :rolleyes:

outbreak
02-13-2014, 04:54 PM
Riiiiiiiight no coincidence Orlando has won a few games when Vucevic returned. Nahhhhhhhhhhhhh, how many games were won when he was out? I'll wait. :rolleyes:

oladipo has led those wins, i agree vuc back in the middle is what got us the wins but oladipo had a great stretch over 4 or so games where he was getting points, rebounds, assists and steals.

NugzFan
02-13-2014, 08:01 PM
Love me a good ole fashion homer fight.

Fire Colangelo
02-13-2014, 09:47 PM

Let me get this out of the way, if ROY race ended today MCW is no doubt the unanimous winner of the award.

But Oladipo had a better week than MCW.

GOBB
02-14-2014, 12:21 PM
oladipo has led those wins, i agree vuc back in the middle is what got us the wins but oladipo had a great stretch over 4 or so games where he was getting points, rebounds, assists and steals.

I don't buy it. Considering you watched the wins and I didn't. Please explain how Oladipo led Orlando to beating OKC given he only played 21mins.

Jameerthefear
02-14-2014, 09:42 PM
I don't buy it. Considering you watched the wins and I didn't. Please explain how Oladipo led Orlando to beating OKC given he only played 21mins.
The fact that he had 12 in the 4th q. All of Orlando's runs were with Vucci on the bench,