PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite handgun?

Styles p
02-12-2014, 06:40 PM
been going to the range a lot lately, renting and shooting different guns trying to decide what i eventually want to buy. shot the glock17 last night and in 150 rounds that ****er jammed about 5 times it's a range rental so i'm sure that had something to do with it. the time before i was shooting the glock19 and not a single problem. also shot a smith and wesson .45 1911 last night after shooting that the glock felt like a bb gun :oldlol:. i think when i do buy it'll definitely be a 9mm though just based off the price of ammo.

Styles p
02-12-2014, 06:55 PM
Guns kill people. :facepalm

We're trying to move to a society where such a barbaric instrument holds no value and you are not helping the cause by promoting its use to a point you have "favorites". They are not even aesthetically pleasing in any shape and no, your opinion means nothing as I know what's good for you. I've done a lot of research on this matter and have come to the conclusion that we need to remove guns. Even cops shouldn't be able to acquire them. They need bows and arrows, at best. It might seem archaic, at first but after a generation, people will get used to them.

If you need to shoot people so badly, go play a videogame. The realism is at a point where shooting actual pistols is obsolete. Go fulfill whatever mental desire you need but please keep actual people from harms way.

at what point did this seem serious?

:oldlol: cops with bow and arrows?

9erempiree
02-12-2014, 07:10 PM
been going to the range a lot lately, renting and shooting different guns trying to decide what i eventually want to buy. shot the glock17 last night and in 150 rounds that ****er jammed about 5 times it's a range rental so i'm sure that had something to do with it. the time before i was shooting the glock19 and not a single problem. also shot a smith and wesson .45 1911 last night after shooting that the glock felt like a bb gun :oldlol:. i think when i do buy it'll definitely be a 9mm though just based off the price of ammo.

If you like target practicing and shooting for fun then the 9mm is the way to go. If you need something for protection, in case anything happens go with the .45

It has been argued to death about calibers vs calibers but a perfectly placed shot is just as deadly as a rocket launcher.

I love Glocks and probably would go with one. 1911's are pricey but are freaking beautiful. I just can't stand the idea of having it cocked and locked. Glock is perfect because there is not safety and all you have to do is pull the trigger. In an emergency situation, you don't have to think about taking the safety off. Just point and shoot.

Can I recommend some Heckler and Koch USP models? Very well made and I almost pulled the trigger on one, no pun intended, they are expensive but you will have a reliable and a fancy conversation piece among friends.

-p.tiddy-
02-12-2014, 07:16 PM
Can I recommend some Heckler and Koch USP models? Very well made and I almost pulled the trigger on one, no pun intended, they are expensive but you will have a reliable and a fancy conversation piece among friends.
I own a .45 H&K USP...and yes it was expensive

I am not an avid shooter so I don't know have a good feel for what I like, but I went with that because of its rep

ROCSteady
02-12-2014, 07:35 PM
I own a .45 H&K USP...and yes it was expensive

I am not an avid shooter so I don't know have a good feel for what I like, but I went with that because of its rep

You have great taste. Glocks are boring

LBJ 23
02-12-2014, 07:43 PM
I own a revolver Ruger single six convertible. I think the most beautifull pistol ever made is Beretta Cheetah Nickel. Some will not recommend it though, because it's chambered in .380 ACP and will say it doesn't offer enough punch.

highwhey
02-12-2014, 07:45 PM
What would be a good price for a used colt 1911? I want one. And why does the price increase exponentially when trying to buy a polished one? The surface area is minimal, hardly justifies the cost. I've seen polished ones go for like 1600 when normal ones are ~800

Styles p
02-12-2014, 07:47 PM
If you like target practicing and shooting for fun then the 9mm is the way to go. If you need something for protection, in case anything happens go with the .45

It has been argued to death about calibers vs calibers but a perfectly placed shot is just as deadly as a rocket launcher.

I love Glocks and probably would go with one. 1911's are pricey but are freaking beautiful. I just can't stand the idea of having it cocked and locked. Glock is perfect because there is not safety and all you have to do is pull the trigger. In an emergency situation, you don't have to think about taking the safety off. Just point and shoot.

yeah next time i go i'll try an HK i also want to try out some rugers and sigs or a beretta. it'll mainly be for target shooting. back when i was younger i used to have a kel tec p-32 i used to carry around philly with me when i was young and dumb trying to look cool thank god i never got caught with it :oldlol: i'd still probably be sitting in prison. i also shot a smith and wesson m&p 9mm the gun was nice easy to load the magazine just couldn't stand the trigger compared to the glock.

9erempiree
02-12-2014, 07:54 PM
What would be a good price for a used colt 1911? I want one. And why does the price increase exponentially when trying to buy a polished one? The surface area is minimal, hardly justifies the cost. I've seen polished ones go for like 1600 when normal ones are ~800

Colt is as original as you can get a 1911 from a manufacturer. There are pricier guns out there but a used one can cost anything from 1k and up. It's just very sought after 1911.

I think the reason why a polished one is more expensive because of the work that involved into polishing the gun. It is minimal at that when it comes to surface area.

gts
02-12-2014, 08:24 PM

It probably takes a hundred hours or more of hand work just to get the gun ready to be polished

It's really labor intensive sanding the machine marks out while maintaining the trueness of the surface...

Ratnik
02-13-2014, 07:11 AM
Guns are for pu55ies. Real men use fists.

Levity
02-13-2014, 03:37 PM
golden PP7

pauk
02-13-2014, 05:29 PM
http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9x5xbTjNO1r9khx4o1_1280.jpg

&

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/342/3/7/taurus_raging_thirty_by_aptom-d34gejc.jpg

Anything less than .50 cal or at least .44 cal is beta... :)

HomieWeMajor
02-13-2014, 05:30 PM
Shotty

D-FENS
02-13-2014, 05:35 PM
I think hand guns should be eliminated, but I did almost shit my pants firing a desert eagle at a firing range. There's no way in hell you can fire one of those bad boys with one hand like in the movies. I almost hit myself in the face with the gun from the backfire alone

HardwoodLegend
02-13-2014, 05:45 PM
I think hand guns should be eliminated, but I did almost shit my pants firing a desert eagle at a firing range. There's no way in hell you can fire one of those bad boys with one hand like in the movies. I almost hit myself in the face with the gun from the backfire alone

Start training your forearms in the gym. Get em mad ripped and vascular like mine, then you can shoot a .50cal in each hand with minimal backfire effect.

9erempiree
02-13-2014, 05:45 PM
Anything less than .50 cal or at least .44 cal is beta... :)

That is because you can't shoot or never owned a gun. People in the "know" or the gun community would laugh at you for that comment.

9erempiree
02-13-2014, 05:46 PM

You can shoot those one handed. I think your problem is "limp wrist" shooting, yes, that is a term. You need to flex up your arm and brace it for the recoil. If you just hold it up and fire, any gun will recoil back.

9erempiree
02-13-2014, 05:49 PM
Guns are for pu55ies. Real men use fists.

Bad guys don't.

edb33
02-13-2014, 05:50 PM
Springfield xdm. I own more guns than I'm willing to admit and it is by far the best hand gun I've ever shot

Dresta
02-13-2014, 05:59 PM
guns r bad derp.. dey kill people derp derp.

D-FENS
02-13-2014, 06:00 PM
You can shoot those one handed. I think your problem is "limp wrist" shooting, yes, that is a term. You need to flex up your arm and brace it for the recoil. If you just hold it up and fire, any gun will recoil back.

I dare say I'm in better shape than you. I'm a former professional athlete. Those things have some nasty recoil - and that was firing with two hands. Unless I have wanker's elbow...

9erempiree
02-13-2014, 06:12 PM
I dare say I'm in better shape than you. I'm a former professional athlete. Those things have some nasty recoil - and that was firing with two hands. Unless I have wanker's elbow...

It has nothing to do with being a former athlete. As you can see these people didn't have what you described occur unless you have no idea of how a gun works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5h0coIDhqw

Here is a gun that gives more recoil than any gun in history. More power than a desert eagle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFAApRUH094

I don't want to compare you to women so here is a skinny, non-athletic guy.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaGjUy0f_80

-p.tiddy-
02-13-2014, 06:18 PM
who are you?

pauk
02-13-2014, 06:48 PM
That is because you can't shoot or never owned a gun. People in the "know" or the gun community would laugh at you for that comment.

Well ofcourse they want to laugh, they have to act alpha about their beta choice of weaponry. :)

9erempiree
02-13-2014, 07:05 PM
Well ofcourse they want to laugh, they have to act alpha about their beta choice of weaponry. :)

Please don't ever own a gun. You may shoot your family or kill others by accident. Those guns aren't used because they are heavy and too much power for defense. You are going to shoot a perpetrator and that bullet is going through them and hitting your mother or someone behind the line of fire. Nobody owns those unless they are compensating for something.

It's not the caliber but shot placement.

That is why I know you have never shot a gun or owned one before.

pauk
02-13-2014, 08:02 PM
Please don't ever own a gun. You may shoot your family or kill others by accident. Those guns aren't used because they are heavy and too much power for defense. You are going to shoot a perpetrator and that bullet is going through them and hitting your mother or someone behind the line of fire. Nobody owns those unless they are compensating for something.

It's not the caliber but shot placement.

That is why I know you have never shot a gun or owned one before.

...and thats why those bb guns are used instead? Sounds pretty Beta brah... :)

9erempiree
02-13-2014, 08:35 PM
...and thats why those bb guns are used instead? Sounds pretty Beta brah... :)

might as well use a sling shot with your logic.

Like I said, any caliber is deemed worthy enough for personal protection. You don't want to use something more than you can handle to compensate for other things. We are not using rocket launchers for home defense. Are we betas for not using rocket launchers?

There is a limit on what we use. The calibers you mentioned, while great and all, serve no purpose, except for hunting. Most likely for wild boar hunting. Your argument is going of the "biggest and baddest," which has no correlation to what we are talking about here. We are talking about the best handguns. Those guns you mentioned does not fit those criteria that we brought up.

Weight and size has to be considered because the Desert Eagle is very heavy and holds low amount of ammunition.

D-FENS
02-14-2014, 09:47 AM
It has nothing to do with being a former athlete. As you can see these people didn't have what you described occur unless you have no idea of how a gun works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5h0coIDhqw

Here is a gun that gives more recoil than any gun in history. More power than a desert eagle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFAApRUH094

I don't want to compare you to women so here is a skinny, non-athletic guy.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaGjUy0f_80

Looking at those vids, it's probably my form and being a little timid with guns. I lost a friend to gun violence when I was in 14.

dkmwise
02-18-2014, 11:01 PM
OP,

I'd say at least try out an S&W M&P, either 9mm or .40

Feels great, ergonomics are awesome with that handgun

Only downside is extra magazines are much harder to find than with glocks, but otherwise a great gun

Styles p
02-19-2014, 12:40 AM
OP,

I'd say at least try out an S&W M&P, either 9mm or .40

Feels great, ergonomics are awesome with that handgun

Only downside is extra magazines are much harder to find than with glocks, but otherwise a great gun

i was just looking at them last night online def gonna see if the range has them next time i go. i want to try the m&p and also a ruger sr9.

outbreak
02-19-2014, 12:48 AM
curious question, your buying this for protection? Do you have a good alarm system? I was reading an article the other week about people spending 1000's on guns (this was about some home defence shotgun) but when polled most buyers didn't have alarm systems or security screen doors. Same goes for first aid kits, fire blankets and regularly checked out fire extinguishers in the home too if it's about home safety.

Styles p
02-19-2014, 12:59 AM
curious question, your buying this for protection? Do you have a good alarm system? I was reading an article the other week about people spending 1000's on guns (this was about some home defence shotgun) but when polled most buyers didn't have alarm systems or security screen doors. Same goes for first aid kits, fire blankets and regularly checked out fire extinguishers in the home too if it's about home safety.

No im not buying it specifically for home defense but it will be in my house if i need it obviously, mainly buying it to go to the range because i like shooting guns. and yes i have an alarm system in my house.

tomtucker
02-19-2014, 05:20 AM
Looking at those vids, it's probably my form and being a little timid with guns. I lost a friend to gun violence when I was in 14.

what is gun violence ?

Marlo_Stanfield
02-19-2014, 07:13 AM
lol at Americans talking about the guns they will use to shoot a cinema up:facepalm

pauk
02-19-2014, 09:01 AM
http://outdoorlife.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/08/06/gun_grille_2.jpg

D-FENS
02-19-2014, 09:42 AM
what is gun violence ?

He was shot and killed.
:rolleyes:

Styles p
02-19-2014, 12:59 PM
lol at Americans talking about the guns they will use to shoot a cinema up:facepalm

right because everyone that likes guns is an evil violent person. :facepalm :rolleyes:

-p.tiddy-
02-19-2014, 01:02 PM
your user name is "Marlo Stanfield"....an American drug lord who pushed gun violence :facepalm

Styles p
02-19-2014, 01:14 PM
Guns? Cars?

Small dick nggas

i see plenty of women at the range what's their excuse?

-p.tiddy-
02-19-2014, 01:23 PM
i see plenty of women at the range what's their excuse?
small tits

Styles p
02-19-2014, 01:23 PM
small tits

loose ******s

Styles p
02-19-2014, 01:35 PM
they don't wanna get raped by small dick nggas
:oldlol:

outbreak
02-19-2014, 04:53 PM
No im not buying it specifically for home defense but it will be in my house if i need it obviously, mainly buying it to go to the range because i like shooting guns. and yes i have an alarm system in my house.

that's cool. With my post I more mean that some people won't admit that they enjoy owning a gun and want to shoot a gun and will keep claiming it's just for home defence without actually putting anything in place to protect their families from more common safety issues.

9erempiree
02-19-2014, 05:39 PM
Here is another nice piece by Springfield. XDS .45 very small gun for conceal carry just in case these bad guys or wanna be tough guys come at you. I normally don't like to shoot someone but if I have to, it is probably going to be at the knees.

http://truthaboutguns-zippykid.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Sprinfield-XDs.jpg

9erempiree
02-19-2014, 05:41 PM
Another beauty by Springfireld the 1911 TRP....

http://www.tactical-life.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/springfield5.gif

dkmwise
02-19-2014, 08:43 PM
that's cool. With my post I more mean that some people won't admit that they enjoy owning a gun and want to shoot a gun and will keep claiming it's just for home defence without actually putting anything in place to protect their families from more common safety issues.

Valid point with other preparedness items like fire extinguishers, bottled water, medical supplies, etc. But when it comes to the alarm system, that