PDA

View Full Version : Game Thread: Cavs @ Pistons

Meticode
02-12-2014, 09:05 PM
1st quarter already in the books. Cavs go on 9-2 run to cut the deficit to 22-28 Pistons.

Fudge
02-12-2014, 09:09 PM
Josh Smith is biggest ballstopper in the league. It's not even close. Hate watching this clown play.

bisk
02-12-2014, 09:13 PM
Clark and Gee on the floor. Fantastic.

BrownEye007
02-12-2014, 09:21 PM
Did anybody else see Dion miss a free throw earlier in the game and then jack up the next one without taking any time at all? needless to say it was a brick.

Koala bear
02-12-2014, 09:22 PM
Cavs won the last three games with minimal input from Clark and Gee. Perhaps we should keep them on the bench hey coach.

Give Bennett all of their minutes and we will play much better.

BrownEye007
02-12-2014, 09:30 PM
Is there any player on the Cavs that doesn't see the floor every night? It feels like we're running a 12 man rotation or more every night.

Meticode
02-12-2014, 09:37 PM
Pistons close out the quarter. 51 to 40 Pistons. Cavaliers had issues scoring the basketball. Deng got swatted twice by Josh Smith down low. I have no clue why Brown is playing Gee and Clark on the court at the same time.

Koala bear
02-12-2014, 09:39 PM
Is there any player on the Cavs that doesn't see the floor every night? It feels like we're running a 12 man rotation or more every night.
yeah the guys who need development like Karasev don't see the floor but guys like Gee and Clark who might not even be in the league next year get to play. It is just baffling what Mike Brown is thinking sometimes.

Oh and just for good measure i would very much like to never see Jarrett Jack on the court again.

Meticode
02-12-2014, 09:39 PM
Cavs only 5 TOs, but shooting 32% from the field. Settling for jumpers obviously.

niko
02-12-2014, 09:51 PM
Cavs are a garbage team that plays with no effort and no cohesion. Quite possibly right now the worst team in the league. Had a freaking chance to try to woo Lebron this year and as an organization and down to each player reacted like total little girls.

Meticode
02-12-2014, 09:53 PM
Cavs are a garbage team that plays with no effort and no cohesion. Quite possibly right now the worst team in the league. Had a freaking chance to try to woo Lebron this year and as an organization and down to each player reacted like total little girls.
Thanks for the insightful post. Please bring more of your bullshit to the board.

bisk
02-12-2014, 09:55 PM
Can we finally get a little run going here ffs, so we can tie this game. Keep hovering around 6 to 8 to 10 pts.

niko
02-12-2014, 09:57 PM
Thanks for the insightful post. Please bring more of your bullshit to the board.

You look at this Cav team and see what besides shit? Who is not underachieving, dogging it, being used wrong? Who? Enlighten us.

It's not the franchise, it's this particular group of players and their leadership. It's ridiculous. Again, you went into the season with the thought of wooing Lebron and took a player you could pick 10th at #1, after putting a 2nd shooting guard with Kyrie, and your vet pickup was that dumbass Bynum who suckered you into releasing him so he could go to a better team.

niko
02-12-2014, 09:58 PM
And yes, i am totally trying a reverse jinx here because everything i want to happen never does. ****ing cavs suck and i guarantee they lose this game.

bisk
02-12-2014, 10:00 PM
Offensive rebounds everywhere.

Meticode
02-12-2014, 10:08 PM
You look at this Cav team and see what besides shit? Who is not underachieving, dogging it, being used wrong? Who? Enlighten us.

It's not the franchise, it's this particular group of players and their leadership. It's ridiculous. Again, you went into the season with the thought of wooing Lebron and took a player you could pick 10th at #1, after putting a 2nd shooting guard with Kyrie, and your vet pickup was that dumbass Bynum who suckered you into releasing him so he could go to a better team.
Everyone is underachieving. The only players playing at the same level they were last year are Thompson. And that's not saying much. Sometimes these things take time and as much as a non-fan a I am of Brown he's a whole new coach for this team and it's a new coaching style they need to get used to. So not only is Brown probably the wrong person for this job I feel, but it's a whole new thing you have to learn.

Since firing Grant the team has put in effort compared to before and have one 3-in-a-row. There are battling in Detroit right now on a back-to-back a game.

I was very frustrated with them to the point where I wasn't watching games. For example the game they lost to the Lakers when the Lakers had no other players to sub into the game was an all-time low. Whether the choice of firing Grant was correct or not it got the players attention and they're playing more hard in games and you can see this.

The thing about wooing LeBron to me was all media hype. I don't understand how Gilbert would allow LeBron to come back. It makes no sense to me. Most of the fans don't want it except the desperate ones. Just when you think the city has moved on you get all this media hype bullshit.

I'm fine with what happened with Bynum, he gave us more than I thought he would and we flipped him for Deng when it's all said and done. And whether Deng is a rental or not I'm glad they are taking chances. He's a perfect player for this team and realistically I'd prefer having Deng here. The thing is we need to solidify our front court with some rim protection.

People can bitch and moan all they want and that's what they will do when they have 20/20 hindsight.

Meticode
02-12-2014, 10:20 PM
Waiters needs to fix his freethrows. He's missed all 4 of his freethrows and he's 68.8% for the season. Unforgivable for a guard to have that kind of numbers from the line.

Hell at least last year he was around the 75% mark which is respectable.

Meticode
02-12-2014, 10:32 PM
Seems like whenever the Cavs make a run, Pistons defense gets tighter, Cavs make mistakes and the Pistons get some big buckets from Drummond.

Pistons big men raping.

Meticode
02-12-2014, 10:33 PM
Irving with his first assist of the night and probably the biggest one so far. It was a bounce pass to a wide open Thompson under the basket for a dunk to cut the lead to 2 points in the 4th.

BrownEye007
02-12-2014, 10:42 PM
Tyler zeller fouls out, Earl Clark comes in :facepalm

Meticode
02-12-2014, 10:45 PM
I give it to them, Cavaliers are fighting right now. Both teams are on a 3 win streak, this is the second game for the Pistons coach. Cavs playing the second game of a back-to-back.

Uncle Drew
02-12-2014, 10:48 PM
TT beasting

BrownEye007
02-12-2014, 10:48 PM
TT is tearing it up tonight though :applause:

bisk
02-12-2014, 10:49 PM
Holy crap. TT is ballin.

Meticode
02-12-2014, 10:49 PM
Wow, Thompson is battling hard against Drummond down low for those rebounds. Love the effort! :applause:

Uncle Drew
02-12-2014, 10:51 PM
KYRIE BAAAANG fsdfdsf

bisk
02-12-2014, 10:52 PM
Wow.

Meticode
02-12-2014, 10:52 PM
Stop celebrating. Game isn't nearly over. You need to tighten up that D.

I like to see players hit a shot like that and calmly walk over to the bench for the next play instead of celebrating like that.

lolwat
02-12-2014, 10:53 PM
Wow! Thought they had messed up that possession... then three! :D

BrownEye007
02-12-2014, 10:54 PM
Weather we end up winning this game or not I don't like Dion not being on the floor at the end of games.

Meticode
02-12-2014, 10:55 PM
Wow! Thought they had messed up that possession... then three! :D
It was a messed up possession. That's not the shot they wanted. What was done correctly the last 5 seconds was Irving didn't panic and he calmly stepped into the shot to give himself the best chance to knock it down.

Uncle Drew
02-12-2014, 10:59 PM
Bennett yesterday: 19/10
TT today: 25/15

Pushing each other to new heights.

Uncle Drew
02-12-2014, 10:59 PM
And yes, i am totally trying a reverse jinx here because everything i want to happen never does. ****ing cavs suck and i guarantee they lose this game.

:oldlol:

Thanks.

Meticode
02-12-2014, 11:00 PM
Cavs fire Chris Grant, who was the GM that took over when LeBron left. Then immediately after he's fired the Cavs go on a 4 game winning streak. The last time they had a 4-game winning streak was when Mike Brown was coach for the first time and LeBron was still playing in Cleveland.

For whatever reason in the 4th quarter Thompson completely outplayed Drummond and Monroe when Drummond was raping the Cavs through the first four quarters.

The only thing i didn't like about this game was we were putting in Earl Clark and not Bennett.

Meticode
02-12-2014, 11:03 PM
Another note: The Bobcats lost as well. Which means the Cavs move a game closer to the 8th seed. NY is in OT against the Kings. Cavs might gain a game on all 3 teams tonight.

Uncle Drew
02-12-2014, 11:04 PM
All-Star break comes at a bad moment for us. Would be nice playing off this momentum.

BrownEye007
02-12-2014, 11:06 PM
Wow. Looks like you're full of shit.

RedBlackAttack
GG Pistons fans.

The Cavs are finally playing with a purpose. This game is a good example of why Tristan should still be considered a very nice young piece for this franchise. Not to single anyone out, but if Valanciunas dominated any one game the way he did tonight against a very good Pistons' frontcourt, there would be 10 threads devoted to it.

He was flat-out awesome tonight.

Meticode
All-Star break comes at a bad moment for us. Would be nice playing off this momentum.
True, but I'll take going into the all-star game with a 4 game winning streak and the Pistons, Bobcats and it looks like the Knicks are all going to lose tonight. All of those teams are fighting for that 8th spot.

Uncle Drew
02-12-2014, 11:12 PM
Dion's reaction after Kyrie's 3. :oldlol:

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/assets/3996173/lolcavs.gif

Meticode
02-12-2014, 11:14 PM
Dion's reaction after Kyrie's 3. :oldlol:

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/assets/3996173/lolcavs.gif
:roll:

Meticode
02-12-2014, 11:15 PM
Hopefully they can keep having fun like this even when they lose. Someone said that when they were under Scott at least they had fun when they were even losing. Up until this 4 game winning streak that wasn't happening at all.

navy
02-12-2014, 11:15 PM
Are the Cavs on a hot streak or have they turned the corner with the firing?

Meticode
02-12-2014, 11:19 PM
Knicks lost their game:

8th Seed: Charlotte 23-30
Detroit: 22-31
New York: 20-32
Cleveland: 21-33

Meticode
02-12-2014, 11:19 PM
Hard to say, but this is the first 4 game winning streak since LeBron played for them. I think obviously the firing got the attention of the players.

RedBlackAttack
02-12-2014, 11:33 PM
I've been fooled with that a couple times already this season. I thought it was all downhill after that 5 game West Coast swing where they went 3-2 and looked good doing it. I will say this does FEEL different.

Even on that WC trip, we had an awful loss to the Kings by 40 that left us scratching our heads. The difference with this four game winning streak is we're playing consistently good and different guys are stepping up each night.

That's more difficult to gameplan against than, say, if one or two guys just got hot for a few games. This AS break couldn't have come at a worse time.

NattyPButter
02-12-2014, 11:49 PM
just got done watching the game and I'm glad the team got that win. I was getting pissed through out the whole game because of Browns shitty rotations. I was really pissed when I saw Bennett get pulled for Clark...I felt my blood boiling.

Meticode
02-13-2014, 12:15 AM
just got done watching the game and I'm glad the team got that win. I was getting pissed through out the whole game because of Browns shitty rotations. I was really pissed when I saw Bennett get pulled for Clark...I felt my blood boiling.
I think he did this because Bennett wasn't doing well at all. I wish he'd just let him play through it.

RedBlackAttack
02-13-2014, 01:03 AM
It wasn't a good matchup tonight for AB, although I agree Brown's trigger is still too quick. The Pistons' frontcourt is not ordinary with their size and physicality. Monroe was just too strong for the young fella tonight.

I would still have given those 12 minutes Earl Clark played to Bennett... at least 5-10 of them. Clark should not be in the rotation.

El Gato Negro
02-13-2014, 01:23 AM
Good road win for the cavs , it was fun seeing mr4rth quarter show up. one thing i notice when the cavs are playing other bad teams like the pistons or magic that there arenas are always empty. one thing you can still say about the cavs atleast the fans still show up to the home games. some of these other teams crowds are almost non existent.

El Gato Negro
02-13-2014, 02:34 AM
Ya know as much as people have been hating on kyrie this year he's right behind KD for leading the nba in 4rth quarter scoring again.

JohnFreeman
02-13-2014, 02:36 AM
How my boy Bennett do?

RedBlackAttack
02-13-2014, 02:44 AM
How my boy Bennett do?
Very limited minutes tonight. He was really struggling defending Greg Monroe, so Brown pulled the string. I thought it was a bit too soon, but hard to argue with the final result.

He'll be fine. That was a tough matchup. Detroit's frontcourt is ridiculously physical.

JohnFreeman
02-13-2014, 02:45 AM
Very limited minutes tonight. He was really struggling defending Greg Monroe, so Brown pulled the string. I thought it was a bit too soon, but hard to argue with the final result.

He'll be fine. That was a tough matchup. Detroit's frontcourt is ridiculously physical.
As you mentioned that is a tough match up. Any easy games coming for him to flourish?

RedBlackAttack
02-13-2014, 02:48 AM
As you mentioned that is a tough match up. Any easy games coming for him to flourish?
Got the Sixers coming immediately after the AS break. :D

JohnFreeman
02-13-2014, 02:49 AM
Got the Sixers coming immediately after the AS break. :D
Well that is good. Bennett is my man, he going to be fine :cheers:

DukeDelonte13
02-13-2014, 09:42 AM
Detroit should try to move jennings.

They are a few pieces away from being a championship contender. That front court is so beastly.

If they can somehow land some perimeter players that can defend and hit 3's they will be very scary team.

DukeDelonte13
02-13-2014, 09:44 AM

Clark did do a good job defensively save for that one dunk down the stretch. I would have liked to seen Bennett more, but i think Brown wanted to take advantage of Clark's length and fresh legs. Clark is an absolute mess on the offensive side of the floor.

KyrieTheFuture
02-13-2014, 09:48 AM
Ya know as much as people have been hating on kyrie this year he's right behind KD for leading the nba in 4rth quarter scoring again.
Really?? I absolutely would not have guessed that

JohnFreeman
02-13-2014, 09:50 AM
Really?? I absolutely would not have guessed that
Kyrie
LeBron
Wall
Durant
Lillard

in that order

boozehound
02-13-2014, 11:41 AM
Detroit should try to move jennings.

They are a few pieces away from being a championship contender. That front court is so beastly.

If they can somehow land some perimeter players that can defend and hit 3's they will be very scary team.
I would love to see him moved (and smoove, but thats another story).

It was a typical 4th quarter collapse for the pistons. Up by a substantial margin and they go away from what got them there. Smoove, jennings (and bynum tonight) start trying to do too much and play hero ball and the wheels fall off.

I wouldnt read too much into it cavs fans. This team is the worst (or possibly second worst to the wolves) in the 4th quarter all year.

Jennings really allowed Kyrie to blow by him all quarter, pulling the bigs away from the basket and giving TT great offensive rebounding opportunities. Great way to step up from him.

sixer6ad
02-13-2014, 11:55 AM
I've been fooled with that a couple times already this season. I thought it was all downhill after that 5 game West Coast swing where they went 3-2 and looked good doing it. I will say this does FEEL different.

Even on that WC trip, we had an awful loss to the Kings by 40 that left us scratching our heads. The difference with this four game winning streak is we're playing consistently good and different guys are stepping up each night.

That's more difficult to gameplan against than, say, if one or two guys just got hot for a few games. This AS break couldn't have come at a worse time.

Don't know for sure, but think this: the firing of the GM told the players "I agree with you. You want to be surrounded by better talent and I think you deserve that." In essence, Gilbert told the players I want to make sure you have everything you need to succeed and I won't stop until it happens.

Gut instinct only. They are playing as if there's some appreciation somewhere. Last night, Dion stood up 10 times in the 4th quarter celebrating.

It's either that or Gilbert told them "I'm paying you millions of dollars to perform. It's your job. Get it done or I will get rid of you". Although you might say people want out, once you leave an NBA job, there's never a guarantee that you will ever have the same exact opportunity to perform and get a good paycheck again. At least for some players.

Meticode
02-13-2014, 12:27 PM
During the game...

[QUOTE=Jason Lloyd of the Akron Beacon Journal]The Cavs had a terrible start tonight and Brown played just about everybody. He joked the only one who didn

JohnFreeman
02-13-2014, 12:28 PM
During the game...
:applause:

Uncle Drew
02-13-2014, 05:06 PM
Hmm, I just realized something... We haven't seen that Wolves fan for like a week. I wonder why.

HomieWeMajor
02-13-2014, 05:11 PM
Cleveland should give Deng a Max deal and then give the number 23 shirt and get him to gain about 30-35 pounds over the summer. Then they will have another 260 pound SF.

DukeDelonte13
02-13-2014, 05:31 PM
During the game...

good on Brown. Jack and especially Deng need to establish their leadership roles in a big way.

Twiens
02-13-2014, 05:43 PM

We warned y'all, Clark is just another product of the Kobe system :D

Good to see the Cavs winning though, hope to see the canadians get some playoff experience this year.