PDA

View Full Version : I dont think Harden flopped on the last play

Smook A.
02-13-2014, 12:10 AM
I am a Rockets fan, yes. I'll tell you what im not though. Being biased. Sure I get pretty mad when users talk crap about my team, and at the end of the day I gotta support them.

4 seconds left in the game, the Rockets were down by one. Trevor Ariza was on James Harden. Harden went around the screen with Ariza literally holding his arm. Dwight stepped out a little and Harden lost his balance. I really don't think that was a flop. When James flops, i'll admit it, but to me on that play he didn't look like he flopped.

What I hate is how whenever a known flopper falls, everyone says he flopped. I really dislike that.

At the end of the day we got the win. 35 points/6 rebound/6 assists and some pretty bad defense, but hey... i'll take it.

Does this honestly look like a flop? C'mon guys (Credit to Jameerthefear on the GIF)
http://i.imgur.com/KBDWoYa.gif

navy
02-13-2014, 12:12 AM
There was no reason for him to fall.

Jameerthefear
02-13-2014, 12:13 AM

moe94
02-13-2014, 12:14 AM
Does that look like a flop? Dude, it's as blatant as it gets.

Ai2death
There's already 3 threads about this. Why make another. Jan2014. Douche

chocolatethunder
I am a Rockets fan, yes. I'll tell you what im not though. Being biased. Sure I get pretty mad when users talk crap about my team, and at the end of the day I gotta support them.

4 seconds left in the game, the Rockets were down by one. Trevor Ariza was on James Harden. Harden went around the screen with Ariza literally holding his arm. Dwight stepped out a little and Harden lost his balance. I really don't think that was a flop. When James flops, i'll admit it, but to me on that play he didn't look like he flopped.

What I hate is how whenever a known flopper falls, everyone says he flopped. I really dislike that.

At the end of the day we got the win. 35 points/6 rebound/6 assists and some pretty bad defense, but hey... i'll take it.

Does this honestly look like a flop? C'mon guys
It sure does.

retaxis
02-13-2014, 12:15 AM
Did the announcers call it a flop? If not who did?

Mr Exlax
If you're getting wrapped up and the refs aren't calling it then do you sit there and let your fukcing team lose or do you do what you have to do to win?

Smook A.
There's already 3 threads about this. Why make another. Jan2014. Douche
So being a 2014er makes a douche? Alright

Magic731
02-13-2014, 12:17 AM
That's what happens when you flop a lot. Every fall becomes a flop. Just like the boy who cried wolf.

Smook A.
02-13-2014, 12:19 AM
It sure does.
It sure doesn't

navy
02-13-2014, 12:20 AM
Did the announcers call it a flop? If not who did?
You could tell the rockets announcer didnt want to say it directly but he was alluding to how bad he felt for the Wizards.

Milbuck
02-13-2014, 12:21 AM
Guys, leave Jan 2014'ers alone. They're not as intellectually capable as the rest of us, but that's no reason to constantly pick on them.

That being said, I agree with Shmookles. Harden made a concentrated effort not to flop. Really turned some heads and raised some eyebrows at how good he was tonight.

CelticBaller
02-13-2014, 12:22 AM
Lol if that's not a flop then Chris Paul is the toughest dude in the NBA

Smook A.
why do u think he fell then?
It looks like he lost his balance. Dwight's screen tripped up Ariza a bit, and when Ariza kinda fell he was holding Harden

Ai2death
So being a 2014er makes a douche? Alright

No it doesn't, You making more threads about something that is already being discussed in multiple other threads does.
Also having over 1000 post in a month makes you a loser.

rhowen4
02-13-2014, 12:23 AM
harden clamps his arm over ariza's arm and falls as ariza tries to get out of his grip. just my take.

Magic731
02-13-2014, 12:24 AM
I would have thought if Ariza was holding him he wouldn't have fallen over.... Why didn't Ariza catch him?

Smook A.
02-13-2014, 12:24 AM
No it doesn't, You making more threads about something that is already being discussed in multiple other threads does.
Also having over 1000 post in a month makes you a loser.
I just love discussing basketball, and it's not even that hard to have over 1000 posts in a month. Just post 30+ times a day. Doesn't take long when there are a ton of topics

I multi-task

Smook A.
02-13-2014, 12:25 AM
I would have thought if Ariza was holding him he wouldn't have fallen over.... Why didn't Ariza catch him?
Why would Ariza catch his opponent

Baliod
02-13-2014, 12:27 AM
Ariza and Harden are locked up because Ariza's trying to prevent the inbound and holds him. Harden doesn't go into the play thinking, hey let me try to draw a foul on Ariza by holding on to him. Harden's trying to free himself up for last shot :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

Levity
02-13-2014, 12:31 AM
If you're getting wrapped up and the refs aren't calling it then do you sit there and let your fukcing team lose or do you do what you have to do to win?

i definitely get what youre saying, but that just means you can justify every flop we see. whether its in the final seconds of the game or not.

retaxis
02-13-2014, 12:34 AM
i definitely get what youre saying, but that just means you can justify every flop we see. whether its in the final seconds of the game or not.
If you 'flop' you could also lose your position and cause your team to lose. You realise that as well don't you?

ZenMaster
02-13-2014, 12:34 AM
Looks more like an offensive foul, he grabs Arizas left harm in his armpit and pulls until it looks like Ariza is pushing and holding him.

funnystuff
02-13-2014, 12:36 AM
Guys, leave Jan 2014'ers alone. They're not as intellectually capable as the rest of us, but that's no reason to constantly pick on them.

That being said, I agree with Shmookles. Harden made a concentrated effort not to flop. Really turned some heads and raised some eyebrows at how good he was tonight.
*Looks at join date*

:biggums:

Ancient Legend
02-13-2014, 12:39 AM
Looks like Harden locks Ariza's arm and tries to force him down on himself.

Not a flop but more like an offensive foul.

chazzy
02-13-2014, 12:50 AM
Phil Jackson ‏@PhilJackson11 7m
Dick Bavetta has been around long enuf to know that clasp Harden put on Trevor-offensive foul

iznogood
02-13-2014, 12:55 AM
That was a clasp and a flop, but Ariza was holding Harden, so I'm calling this one a smart move by Harden.

Ancient Legend
02-13-2014, 12:57 AM
[QUOTE=chazzy]Phil Jackson ‏@PhilJackson11 7m
Dick Bavetta has been around long enuf to know that clasp Harden put on Trevor-offensive foul

Milbuck
02-13-2014, 12:58 AM
Phil Jackson is a **** who talked shit about Kobe then came back to coach him. His opinion is irrelevant. Dude is a glorified Bill Walton. Hipster fakkit. Tell him to STFU.
Reported for naughty language. please respect Jameer and the other 8 year olds on here.

navy
02-13-2014, 01:01 AM
It was a flop. It really should have been a no call. Ariza certainly didnt push him down.

ABfor3
02-13-2014, 01:12 AM
Who cares if it were a flop? Were going to sit here and discuss this one play when there's many other plays where players flop everyday..this is the NBA for you, it's soft and we all know it. Hardens team is down in the final seconds and he knows how the officiating is nowadays so why not do what it takes to win knowing how this league is? Say what you want, it's not his fault the league is how it is now. He's just being smart and doing what it takes.