PDA

View Full Version : Like I said at the beginning, Portland is nothing but fodder

retaxis
02-13-2014, 02:11 AM
Portland hot streak for half of a season has made it very likely they will have a 5-8th seed in the playoffs but obviously they have little to no play off experience and has been closing very poorly the last few weeks.

Little experience means they are going to fumble and stuff up in the playoffs and this is why they will end up being a first round fodder to any playoff team with experience.

Bibby4Three
02-13-2014, 02:12 AM
I agree. First round exit coming easily.

IDC who they play

YouGotServed
02-13-2014, 02:12 AM
:biggums:

Portland will be fighting for the 2/3/4/5th seed after the all star break. overreact much?

retaxis
02-13-2014, 02:15 AM
:biggums:

Portland will be fighting for the 2/3/4/5th seed after the all star break. overreact much?
Your over reacting by saying they are any good. Did they win a championship last year? Do they have multiple long term all stars? How deep did have they been in the playoffs the last 5 years?

Exactly. stop over reacting.

imnew09
02-13-2014, 02:15 AM
They need Gasol or Omer Asik

Maga_1
02-13-2014, 02:18 AM
We lose two games against top teams in the last moments and people say Portland it's overrated.

Keep them coming :lol

Inferno
02-13-2014, 02:19 AM
They took Indiana to OT, OKC down the wire, and LAC to the final seconds, and split the series with both, and they're overrated?

ArbitraryWater
02-13-2014, 02:20 AM
Dallas is 6th in standings right now :bowdown:

reppy
02-13-2014, 02:20 AM
We lose two games against top teams in the last moments and people say Portland it's overrated.

Keep them coming :lol

OP was anxiously watching the box score so he could make this thread.

Anyway, Portland definitely is slumping. I think a lot of teams are getting up for games against them and they haven't adjusted to the increased pressure.

They're a young team. Their future looks good. I'm happy with how they have performed this season.

YouGotServed
02-13-2014, 02:21 AM
Your over reacting by saying they are any good. Did they win a championship last year? Do they have multiple long term all stars? How deep did have they been in the playoffs the last 5 years?

Exactly. stop over reacting.

I don't know how they will perform in the playoffs because I don't know the future. What I can tell you is they will be battling for the 2-5th spot in the West because those teams are so close to each other. They lost to good teams, Clippers and OKC. Chill out.

chazzy
02-13-2014, 02:21 AM
I'd be surprised if they did much in the playoffs

Inferno
02-13-2014, 02:22 AM
I don't know how they will perform in the playoffs because I don't know the future. What I can tell you is they will be battling for the 2-5th spot in the West because those teams are so close to each other. They lost to good teams, Clippers and OKC. Chill out.

Damn, you were trolling the shit out of Portland a few weeks ago but now you're actually giving them respect :coleman:

LONGTIME
They took Indiana to OT, OKC down the wire, and LAC to the final seconds, and split the series with both, and they're overrated?

Yes they are. When's the last time they did anything in the playoffs?

Fiasco
They almost beat us on the road coming off a back to back... but they're overrated?

Idiot.

RoseCity07
02-13-2014, 02:23 AM
This is why I really hated Aldridge's demands that we get better this year. One more year of a tank and we could have added a great bench plus a great player in this loaded draft.

That being said, Portland lucked out with McCollum and Lopez. You gotta think if Portland can get a better shooting guard or small forward, one that makes Batum and Matthews a back up, then they will be contenders.

Also, we need a defensive identity. I can't stand that this team is all about scoring. It's actually boring because every basket isn't worth as much when you give up that basket with such ease.

Inferno
02-13-2014, 02:23 AM
Yes they are. When's the last time they did anything in the playoffs?

What does the past have to do with the present? Lakers won 3 years ago, so they're gonna be a huge threat in the playoffs this year! :bowdown:

LONGTIME
02-13-2014, 02:26 AM
What does the past have to do with the present? Lakers won 3 years ago, so they're gonna be a huge threat in the playoffs this year! :bowdown:

I'm not impressed until they prove themselves in the playoffs.

Inferno
02-13-2014, 02:28 AM
I'm not impressed until they prove themselves in the playoffs.

They're a breakout team this season though. So basically the Raptors, Blazers, Suns, Clippers, and Rockets aren't impressing you because they either haven't made the playoffs in awhile or haven't done well in them?

hawksdogsbraves
02-13-2014, 02:41 AM
It's true though. OP might be a troll, but let's face it, it's true. Aldridge is a really really good player but this team has no real chance to win a championship. Fodder for the Spurs/Thunder/Clippers/Rockets/Warriors.

navy
02-13-2014, 02:45 AM
It's true though. OP might be a troll, but let's face it, it's true. Aldridge is a really really good player but this team has no real chance to win a championship. Fodder for the Spurs/Thunder/Clippers/Rockets/Warriors.
:facepalm

hawksdogsbraves
02-13-2014, 03:05 AM
:facepalm

Can you tell me with a straight face that Portland is better than those teams in a 7 game series? Can you tell me why you think that?

As it stands right now the Blazers are matched up with the Clippers in the 4/5 matchup. Do you really think they are a better team? Does anyone outside the city of Portland think that?

bballbball
02-13-2014, 03:38 AM
Blazers had the easiest first half of the schedule out of all western conference teams plus they been lucky as hell with no injuries. These consecutive games against good teams and back to backs are wearing to them. Regression to the mean.

miggyme1
02-13-2014, 05:26 AM
Can you tell me with a straight face that Portland is better than those teams in a 7 game series? Can you tell me why you think that?

As it stands right now the Blazers are matched up with the Clippers in the 4/5 matchup. Do you really think they are a better team? Does anyone outside the city of Portland think that?

do you watch bball or just look at the standings??

if anything people are over rating the clippers,spurs and the rockets. the rockets are pretty much the Houston version of the trailblazers meaning that both teams just run n gun with little emphasis on defense. if the blazers were to match up with rockets in the first round id give the edge to the blazers for two reasons.

1.blazers play more of a team style offense...nobody gets into chuck mode on their team like harden

2. Matthews and batum are both lockdown perimeter defenders who will give harden,parson,lin,brooks,beverly etc fits.

a first round with date with the clippers would in my opinion would be a dog fight going to a game six or seven but I give the clippers the edge just because I think this season would be a failure if the clippers don't considering they brought in doc and he was supposed to "get them to the next level" meaning beyond the first round......right?

right now I think the trailblazers would prolly sweep the spurs in a seven game series....of course the spurs are banged up so we gotta see them at 100 percent.

i doubt the blazers face the thunder in the first round considering that the thunder SHOULD be the number 1 seed and i doubt the blazers get the number 8 seed.

warriors? again two teams with little emphasis on defense but id give the edge to the blazers in six or seven games UNLESS curry and Thompson BOTH shoot the ball like its going into a ocean.....then id say warriors in 5.

so u see its really not much separation between the blazers and those other teams. NITE

Milbuck
02-13-2014, 05:42 AM
They're probably not gonna win anything this season. Might make the conference finals, but they'd need quite a bit of luck. I can't see them taking out OKC or San Antonio. Blake Griffin has been an absolute monster as of late, and DJ has been a beast defensively. I think by the playoffs, a healthy, cohesive Clippers team would probably have the edge against Portland as well. That puts them at #4 for me.

What I think will be really interesting to see is how the team works in the offseason. They desperately need some life in the bench. McCollum has looked really strong, and that's a great start. But he's way too early in his career to be depended on to carry the 2nd unit by himself.

I don't think people understand how amazing this team's turnaround from last season is. Who knows what they can accomplish next year? Another season to gel as a team. That offense is already high-powered, if they keep working on it, it could be flat out unstoppable. Especially if McCollum keeps improving and they get a dangerous 6th man.

JohnFreeman
02-13-2014, 05:43 AM
If Portland thinks Matthews and Lillard will be open from three during the playoffs, they be disappointed

Milbuck
02-13-2014, 05:45 AM
If Portland thinks Matthews and Lillard will be open from three during the playoffs, they be disappointed
That's when they pound the ball to Aldridge. And then it's up to Aldridge to step up or shut up.

Breezy
02-13-2014, 05:52 AM
Portland hot streak for half of a season has made it very likely they will have a 5-8th seed in the playoffs but obviously they have little to no play off experience and has been closing very poorly the last few weeks.

Little experience means they are going to fumble and stuff up in the playoffs and this is why they will end up being a first round fodder to any playoff team with experience.

I agree. They will fall out of the playoff race. Aldridge and Lillard are high volume frauds. If there is any justice in the world The entire team will retire and dive head first into wood chippers. The Blazers organization will be dissolved, Paul Allen will commit seppuku to save his dignity and the whole state of Oregon will be disbanded from the union and carpet bombed.... THAT'S how bad the Blazers are.

bballbball
02-13-2014, 06:03 AM
do you watch bball or just look at the standings??

if anything people are over rating the clippers,spurs and the rockets. the rockets are pretty much the Houston version of the trailblazers meaning that both teams just run n gun with little emphasis on defense. if the blazers were to match up with rockets in the first round id give the edge to the blazers for two reasons.

warriors? again two teams with little emphasis on defense but id give the edge to the blazers in six or seven games UNLESS curry and Thompson BOTH shoot the ball like its going into a ocean.....then id say warriors in 5.

so u see its really not much separation between the blazers and those other teams. NITE

Both the Rockets and Warriors are top 10 in defensive efficiency while the Blazers are 23rd.

Also Rockets are 2-1 against the Blazers this season.

BlazerRed
02-13-2014, 06:23 AM
We need a legit defensive anchor in the C position. A Mark Gasol/Noah/Asik type player. That and a serviceable backup big man.

Our defense just isn't going to cut it in the playoffs :(

Milbuck
02-13-2014, 06:27 AM
We need a legit defensive anchor in the C position. A Mark Gasol/Noah/Asik type player. That and a serviceable backup big man.

Our defense just isn't going to cut it in the playoffs :(
What you really need is for Lillard to not suck defensively. All 3 of the other contenders in the West have elite PGs in Westbrook, CP3, and TP. Lopez is good. Not Asik-Noah-Gasol level, but good. Lillard, on the other hand, is going to get torched by those elite PGs.

BlazerRed
02-13-2014, 06:28 AM
What you really need is for Lillard to not suck defensively. All 3 of the other contenders in the West have elite PGs in Westbrook, CP3, and TP. Lopez is good. Not Asik-Noah-Gasol level, but good. Lillard, on the other hand, is going to get torched by those elite PGs.
Yes true, but SA did fine with Parker playing the point all those years. Lillard is never going to be good defensively unfortunately. He's never shown promise defensively, it's not all of a sudden going to come to him.

Myth
05-15-2014, 06:59 AM

Bump.

Lonely_Sandberg
05-15-2014, 07:08 AM
http://www.abload.de/img/peralta2k5keu.gif