PDA

View Full Version : Rockets, Blazers, Clippers - who's more likely to do something in the playoffs?

SHABBA
02-13-2014, 11:53 AM
Been occupying the 3-5 spots in the West for a while, who's best placed to potentially cause an upset of OKC/SAS or make the WCF?

JohnFreeman
02-13-2014, 11:55 AM
Clippers by expectation. Rockets can win a series though. Blazers are dead.

Mr Exlax
02-13-2014, 12:02 PM
Clippers.

Better coaching. All the players know their roles. They aren't trying to do anything new. They play defence when motivated.

FreezingTsmoove
02-13-2014, 12:06 PM
Rockets. Gonna have better halfcourt offense and defense in playoffs than Clips and Oregon

FreezingTsmoove
02-13-2014, 12:07 PM
Clippers.

Better coaching. All the players know their roles. They aren't trying to do anything new. They play defence when motivated.

Smh I would kill for my team to have a winning season. Show some confidence

kobebeangoat
02-13-2014, 12:07 PM
Rockets aint gonna do shit

All Net
02-13-2014, 12:10 PM
Clippers

Doc factor. They are the best team of the lot.

Mr Exlax
02-13-2014, 12:17 PM
Smh I would kill for my team to have a winning season. Show some confidence

I do. I'm a realist though. This isn't a make or break season for us. We still don't even have our roster set. We still have 2 players that want to be traded etc etc. I'm happy don't get me wrong. I'm glad we're not mediocre anymore. I don't have super high expectations of us year 1 though. We're going to lose to teams that have been together longer and equal or better talent and better coaching. I don't see us beating OKC, Spurs or Clipps in a playoff series right now.

Mr Exlax
02-13-2014, 12:21 PM
Rockets. Gonna have better halfcourt offense and defense in playoffs than Clips and Oregon

See this right here, this is why I'm a realist. I will pretty much put my head on a chopping block and say we're gonna have better halfcourt offense in the second half and playoffs. That's jelling. That comes with chemistry and time.

Defense on the other hand is about effort. Since our guys aren't held accountable by the coach or really even each other, there are no consequences for not giving the needed effort on defense. This is what I've seen from us last season and this season. Perimeter defense is just not there yet. We have the talent. We don't have the effort.

HylianNightmare
02-13-2014, 12:25 PM
All 3

IMObjective
02-13-2014, 12:25 PM
I do. I'm a realist though. This isn't a make or break season for us. We still don't even have our roster set. We still have 2 players that want to be traded etc etc. I'm happy don't get me wrong. I'm glad we're not mediocre anymore. I don't have super high expectations of us year 1 though. We're going to lose to teams that have been together longer and equal or better talent and better coaching. I don't see us beating OKC, Spurs or Clipps in a playoff series right now.
:applause: though i think they could match up well with the spurs. Can they win it next year?

Jameerthefear
02-13-2014, 12:28 PM
See this right here, this is why I'm a realist. I will pretty much put my head on a chopping block and say we're gonna have better halfcourt offense in the second half and playoffs. That's jelling. That comes with chemistry and time.

Defense on the other hand is about effort. Since our guys aren't held accountable by the coach or really even each other, there are no consequences for not giving the needed effort on defense. This is what I've seen from us last season and this season. Perimeter defense is just not there yet. We have the talent. We don't have the effort.
Tbh I think you guys beat the Spurs. If I'm a Rocket fan the main teams I'm concerned about are the Clippers and Thunder.

bmd
02-13-2014, 12:36 PM
It really just depends on who plays who. All 3 teams are about the same in terms of how good they are. It just depends on match-ups at that point.

mr.big35
02-13-2014, 12:36 PM
only clippers will make impact on the playoffs.

Mr Exlax
02-13-2014, 12:43 PM
:applause: though i think they could match up well with the spurs. Can they win it next year?

I'm iffy on the Spurs. I know we've beat them in the reg season, but Pop and the Spurs turn it up in the playoffs. I could easily see us getting outcoached.
Next year I can't say I think we will. I don't hate McHale, but we need a better coach. Our offense is fine. We need somebody that's gonna make us play defense for all 4 quarters and damn near every possession. I'd much rather see a coaching change before any roster changes.

senelcoolidge
02-13-2014, 03:30 PM
Clippers. But they need to be healthy this year..unlike the past two playoffs. Rockets are a first round out. Blazers most likely too.

Myth
02-13-2014, 03:31 PM
Clippers will have homecourt advantage in the first round almost guaranteed. They will be a top 4 seed automatically unless Warriors or Suns miraculously catch up and surpass Clips for the division championship.

Smook A.
02-13-2014, 03:32 PM
Gotta go with my Rockets

YouGotServed
02-13-2014, 03:36 PM
Rockets
Clippers
Blazers

in that order.

Edit: Just because the Clippers are guaranteed a top 4 seed doesn't mean they will have HCA.

Myth
02-13-2014, 03:40 PM
Rockets
Clippers
Blazers

in that order.

Edit: Just because the Clippers are guaranteed a top 4 seed doesn't mean they will have HCA.

Yeah, I just figured that out a moment ago. My bad.

Rooster
02-13-2014, 03:42 PM
Clippers.

They are thin on the frontcourt though and Jordan is prone for silly fouls. In a grind out series, this little things will matter.

Xiao Yao You
02-13-2014, 09:52 PM
Clipps

Thechosen1
02-13-2014, 10:05 PM
why is everyone trying to jinx the clippers?

brantonli
02-13-2014, 10:18 PM
I'm split between Clippers and Rockets. I do not envy the 4th-5th seed matchup, because both teams would, in normal circumstances, deserve to advance. I know the Rockets are fine against the Blazers, but the Clippers having Chris Paul back means they are very dangerous again, and frankly none of the Rockets guards can even hope to contain him.

If anything, I want the Rockets to match up against the Spurs. Jeremy usually does very well against the Spurs, and we've beaten them a few times this season (Although the Spurs are quite injured). I do look forward to a Paul-Harden match up though, and see which one flops the most.

Good thing hte Rockets now have a new head coach, or else I would say the Clips have a better HC too:

http://i.minus.com/ibdk0byizWsEBC.gif

RoseCity07
02-13-2014, 11:23 PM
Clippers because of Chris Paul. That's really what separates all these teams. If Paul is on any of these teams they are going to perform better.

YouGotServed
02-13-2014, 11:29 PM
Yet, Paul has never made the conference finals. Best PG in the league though! Playoff beast.

brantonli
02-13-2014, 11:44 PM
Yet, Paul has never made the conference finals. Best PG in the league though! Playoff beast.

The thing about Paul is that you need a strong team defence to stop him. As in everybody else on the court has to be aware of what he's doing, or else he can easily break down a defence 1-on-1. I wouldn't bet against him, especially since neither the Rockets or Blazers have a playmaker like him.

Fiasco
02-13-2014, 11:46 PM

It's almost like basketball is played with four other guys on a team!

qrich
02-14-2014, 01:16 AM
It's between the Clippers and Rockets. And it will come down to match-ups on who goes further in the post season as well.

As a Clipper fan, I'd love to face either of these sides in Round 1, though it isn't likely as I see the Clippers continuing their play and eventually building up a lead to secure the third overall seed, which means they'll most likely face Golden State/Dallas/Phoenix/Memphis and Houston will make easy work of the Blazers in the first round during the 4/5 match-up.

Milbuck
02-14-2014, 01:28 AM
I'm rooting for the Clippers in the West. Enough hate is enough. CP3 and Blake are just too good, I hope they get it done out West.

Spaulding
02-14-2014, 01:39 AM
only clippers will make impact on the playoffs.

This. Lettuce be honest here, Clippers are only team closest to western title contenders besides okc and spurs. Blake just has to show he can put up 30 ppg in playoffs and cp3 plus doc will take care of rest.

Rockets and Blazers rely on jump shots just like Warriors. Won't make it to the finals plus their defense is not title worthy.

Milbuck
02-14-2014, 01:45 AM
This. Lettuce be honest here, Clippers are only team closest to western title contenders besides okc and spurs. Blake just has to show he can put up 30 ppg in playoffs and cp3 plus doc will take care of rest.

Rockets and Blazers rely on jump shots just like Warriors. Won't make it to the finals plus their defense is not title worthy.
For the Clippers to take out OKC or a healthy, in-form Spurs team, 3 things have to happen

1) Blake has to play like a top 3 PF. At least 24/10 with solid defense

2) DJ has to be a monster on the boards and be a dominant post defender

3) Chris Paul has to play like he's the best point guard in the game and it's not close.

So far this season, all 3 of those things have happened at one point or another. They've just never coincided. If those 3 things are put together by the playoffs, the Clippers could be a championship-caliber team.