PDA

View Full Version : Sixers just may get a first rd pick in 2014 for Evan Turner:Bobcats offer

GOBB
02-13-2014, 02:29 PM
Bobcats offer deal (http://fansided.com/2014/02/12/nba-trade-rumors-charlotte-bobcats-offer-ben-gordon-and-first-round-pick-philadelphia-76ers-for-evan-turner/)

Only thing is they have two first rd picks, Detroit and Portlands. The fact Sixers didnt jump on this deal tells me Portland first rd pick was offered with Ben Gordon. If by next week deadline this is the best offer? Take it.

3 first, even tho the 3rd first is damn near a 2nd rd pick.

JohnFreeman
02-13-2014, 02:31 PM
Turnet could make the bobcats a good team

GOBB
02-13-2014, 02:35 PM
Turnet could make the bobcats a good team

Who does he start over?

Jameerthefear
02-13-2014, 02:35 PM
I'm jealous...

JohnFreeman
02-13-2014, 02:36 PM
Who does he start over?
Couldnt name the starting 5 :oldlol:

Levity
Who does he start over?

MKG

R.I.P.
Blazers are slipping. I

GOBB
02-13-2014, 04:33 PM
[QUOTE=R.I.P.]Blazers are slipping. I

oarabbus
02-13-2014, 04:50 PM
MKG

How is Turner's defense? If he's even passable that is a MASSIVE upgrade. Kemba + Turner + Jefferson is a fantastic offensive balance, and Mcroberts would be absolutely perfect moving the ball.

I don't like Gerald Henderson/Ben Gordon at all with Turner, though. Can MKG play SG?

Kemba
MKG
Turner
Mcroberts
Jefferson

is a nice team, although still not sold on MKG. If MKG can't play SG they really need to try and grab Iman Shumpert from the Knicks.

Demitri98
02-13-2014, 05:11 PM
Who does he start over?
MKG or Henderson. Henderson is a scrub and MKG has bust written all over him.

IncarceratedBob
02-13-2014, 05:13 PM
Jordan strikes again

All Net
02-13-2014, 05:13 PM
Turner would get them in the playoffs for sure.

HomieWeMajor
02-13-2014, 05:16 PM
Turner + Big Al = poormans Lebron + Bosh
Cats might sniff the 2nd round with this move.

Quizno
02-13-2014, 05:17 PM
he'd start over Henderson, not MKG. I'm all for this trade

D-FENS
02-13-2014, 05:39 PM
I actually think he'd start over Henderson as well. Turner really needs to develop a knock down 3 though

JimmyMcAdocious
02-13-2014, 05:41 PM
How is Turner's defense? If he's even passable that is a MASSIVE upgrade. Kemba + Turner + Jefferson is a fantastic offensive balance, and Mcroberts would be absolutely perfect moving the ball.

I don't like Gerald Henderson/Ben Gordon at all with Turner, though. Can MKG play SG?

Kemba
MKG
Turner
Mcroberts
Jefferson

is a nice team, although still not sold on MKG. If MKG can't play SG they really need to try and grab Iman Shumpert from the Knicks.

That's a mismatch roster. Like a kid playing 2k, except instead of stacking on a bunch of 3pt shooters, he stacked on a bunch of overrated players.

hawksdogsbraves
02-13-2014, 05:59 PM

Kemba
MKG
Turner
Mcroberts
Jefferson

That's the kind of team that can be stuck in 6-8 seed purgatory for a good 3-4 years in a row!

Somebody make this man a GM :bowdown:

GOBB
02-13-2014, 06:08 PM
Turner hasnt played defense well this year. Dude is always out of position and getting burnt. Defensive awareness leaves much to be desired. Maybe he would play better in a different system with more talent. I'm trying to understand how Turner makes sense for Bobcats from an upgrade standpoint. Sure you're getting a talent without losing much. But I dont know, havent watched enough Bobcats game to even say. He's a much better offensive player than MGK by far. If he starts at SG over Henderson you're going to suffer from the 3pt arc.

Maybe this is a move to get Charlotte in the postseason for sure. As far as resigning him would Charlotte do that? Or is he just a rent a player? Bobcats fans know more than me, its one team I really dont watch much of besides a few games. :confusedshrug:

ILLsmak
02-13-2014, 06:29 PM
Turner hasnt played defense well this year. Dude is always out of position and getting burnt. Defensive awareness leaves much to be desired. Maybe he would play better in a different system with more talent. I'm trying to understand how Turner makes sense for Bobcats from an upgrade standpoint. Sure you're getting a talent without losing much. But I dont know, havent watched enough Bobcats game to even say. He's a much better offensive player than MGK by far. If he starts at SG over Henderson you're going to suffer from the 3pt arc.

Maybe this is a move to get Charlotte in the postseason for sure. As far as resigning him would Charlotte do that? Or is he just a rent a player? Bobcats fans know more than me, its one team I really dont watch much of besides a few games. :confusedshrug:

Cuz they could put the ball in his hands. I dunno how I feel about sessions and there isn't much handling on that team.

I dunno how well Kemba would play if the ball was in Turners hands a portion of the time, though.

-Smak

AboutBuckets
02-13-2014, 06:46 PM
If we're trading Turner for Gordon how does that stack up contract-wise?

Embers
02-13-2014, 07:24 PM
I actually like Gerald Henderson. His offense is a complete on/off affair but defensively he is so much better then everyone realises. Effects shots with his long arms extremely well.

If a team is lacking offensive punch I dont see how Turner for Henderson makes more sense then Turner for MKG in the starting lineup.

Pretty confident Charlotte could re-sign Turner in the off season. Only 41 mill committed so far. They can give him the 3 year 12 mill a year deal he would probably want without much trouble

Embers
02-13-2014, 07:29 PM
If we're trading Turner for Gordon how does that stack up contract-wise?

Pretty sure the report mentioned that Kwame Brown would be added to the deal by Philly.

oarabbus
02-13-2014, 07:30 PM
That's the kind of team that can be stuck in 6-8 seed purgatory for a good 3-4 years in a row!

Somebody make this man a GM :bowdown:

:wtf:

I wasn't trying to make them a ECF team much less a finals team :oldlol: just was trying to say its quite a bit better than they have now, and they are 8 seed right now

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
02-13-2014, 07:37 PM
Meeks/kaman for 6.5 tpe + dallas 1st pick in 2014

FireDavidKahn
02-13-2014, 07:46 PM
Turner sucks. He isn't going to help the Bobcats at all. Waste to throw away a first round pick on this guy.

BigMacAttack
02-13-2014, 07:49 PM
:wtf:

I wasn't trying to make them a ECF team much less a finals team :oldlol: just was trying to say its quite a bit better than they have now, and they are 8 seed right now

ISH, Where crap teams improving is considered a joke. Crap teams are supposed to get worse and draft busts, not improve.

Embers
02-13-2014, 07:51 PM
Turner sucks. He isn't going to help the Bobcats at all. Waste to throw away a first round pick on this guy.

Unlike Cavs, I think Charlotte have a first round pick too throw away on a bloke like Turner given they have three in the bank this season.

Embers
02-13-2014, 07:56 PM
ISH, Where crap teams improving is considered a joke. Crap teams are supposed to get worse and draft busts, not improve.

They arnt a crap team.

In the end they chose to pick Al Jefferson up. That pretty much took them out of the tank race. TBH I back the decision. I think Jeffersons worth to the club is arguably more then the odd chance they get a top 5 pick.

Eric Cartman
02-13-2014, 07:59 PM
They arnt a crap team.

In the end they chose to pick Al Jefferson up. That pretty much took them out of the tank race. TBH I back the decision. I think Jeffersons worth to the club is arguably more then the odd chance they get a top 5 pick.

He is a beast to throw the ball down low too.

A element that every team needs.

Embers
02-13-2014, 08:02 PM

Not exactly old either. Fair chance he stays around for a while

Then there is the huge amount of learning Biyombo and Zeller can get from him. Not to mention his leadership around the club

Even without him I feel Charlotte finish say 1 or 2 spots away from the playoffs giving them a crap chance at a lottery pick anyway

BigMacAttack
02-13-2014, 08:07 PM
They arnt a crap team.

Below .500 borderling playoff team in the east is nothing worth bragging about. Anyway im not saying they should tank mate, I was being sarcastic. I like the move.

JimmyMcAdocious
02-13-2014, 08:41 PM

He's Al Jefferson. There's a reason why this 20/10 player in the middle of his prime keeps bouncing from team to team.

Embers
02-13-2014, 08:56 PM
He's Al Jefferson. There's a reason why this 20/10 player in the middle of his prime keeps bouncing from team to team.

He has a gun for hire approach. The highest bidder financially wins for his services every time

Its pretty rare that a team with a huge gaping hole in there salary cap doesnt win that battle and its also pretty rare that the team your on has that huge gaping hole for you too

GOBB
02-14-2014, 12:30 PM
Pretty sure the report mentioned that Kwame Brown would be added to the deal by Philly.

Kwame Brown was released a long time ago. Philly can take on salary given they are below the salary cap.

Crafty
02-14-2014, 01:59 PM
Kemba, Turner, Al Jefferson and they might reach the playoffs