PDA

View Full Version : Some 4th quarter/clutch time scoring of the 3 best scorers in the league

Trollsmasher
02-13-2014, 02:55 PM
It is a well known fact that one's scoring skillset showcases the best in the 4th quarter and especially in the clutch time. The defenses get tighter, there are no easy shots to take, less bullshit calls is called and the cherrypickers get exposed.

One has to utilize his entire scoring arsenal to succeed and come through. It's safe to say that the best and the most versatile scorer in the league should also have the most success in these pressure situations.

http://s4.postimg.org/tgq06daa5/Bez_n_zvu.png
http://s1.postimg.org/m6udgul7z/Bez_n_zvu2.png

From this we can safely conclude that LeBron James is the best scorer in the league - his scoring in the pressure situations actually gets better, both effiency and amount wise.

Kevin Durant is what would you expect from a guy with a mixed history of both choking and winning, but the effiency of his pressure-less scoring does not translate well at all when it comes to scoring in the pressure situations

Melo just straight up sucks and should be ashamed of himself

JUDGE WITNESS
02-13-2014, 02:57 PM
nicely put

HoopsFanNumero1
02-13-2014, 02:58 PM
Inb4 Joyner essay.

navy
02-13-2014, 02:58 PM
Melo use to be one of the clutchest players in the NBA. Last Season and seasons prior to that. And dont give me that, Woody draws up nothing but isolations. He did the same thing last year and Melo was knocking them down. Melo had great clutch stats that put Kobe and Lebron to shame.

He lost it.

NumberSix
02-13-2014, 02:59 PM
Yeah LeBron is the best not a shocker

truhooper
02-13-2014, 03:00 PM
:cheers:

ArbitraryWater
02-13-2014, 03:01 PM
What the.. ? KD still poor man in the 4th?

And of course, LeBron > KD in the Clutch.

LBJ :bowdown:

Wait for Joyner spinning this whole thing :lol

LeGOAT
02-13-2014, 03:01 PM
Year in year out Lebron is the best "crunch time" performer. Lebron being a chocker is an embarrassingly stupid notion

IncarceratedBob
02-13-2014, 03:03 PM
Lebrons numbers are so high because he takes so many shots at the basket

I would like to see these players clutch stats for the 2011 finals

livinglegend
02-13-2014, 03:04 PM

Durant and Melo lose by default
Lebron wins again. DEAL WITH IT!

navy
02-13-2014, 03:05 PM

Lebron still has better stats than 0/0/0 on 0% :oldlol:

IncarceratedBob
02-13-2014, 03:05 PM
Durant and Melo lose by default
Lebron wins again. DEAL WITH IT!
i would like to see the proof

pegasus
02-13-2014, 03:06 PM
Can you explain why Lebron took only 190 shots while KD took 231 even though Lebron's team has a worse record meaning his team needed him to take over in 4th quarters more often?

The answer is, Lebron cares about his stats more than winning and takes only what the defense gives him so he can maintain his inflated FG %.

IncarceratedBob
02-13-2014, 03:08 PM
Can you explain why Lebron took only 190 shots while KD took 231 even though Lebron's team has a worse record meaning his team needed him to take over in 4th quarters more often?

The answer is, Lebron cares about his stats more than winning and takes only what the defense gives him so he can maintain his inflated FG %.
that is a very compelling argument but at the end of the day lebron is better at life than you

NumberSix
02-13-2014, 03:12 PM

Because Durrant is a Chukkar

Joyner82reload
02-13-2014, 03:17 PM
Bringing in clutch stats for LeBron James. You have got to be kidding me. This has literally turned full circle at this point.

LeBron stans=Kobe stans circa 2009 trying to prop up clutch stats and rings from the past and downplay stats/current accomplishments.

Fact of the matter is this. OKC with Durant on the floor is +12.8 PP100P in clutch situations. Miami with LeBron on the floor is +5.3 PP100P in clutch situations.

That's a massive edge in favor of OKC.

As for being clutch, LeBron has 5 playoff game winners in his entire NBA career. Durant had 3 in 1 playoff run.

ArbitraryWater
02-13-2014, 03:18 PM
Bringing in clutch stats for LeBron James. You have got to be kidding me. This has literally turned full circle at this point.

LeBron stans=Kobe stans circa 2009 trying to prop up clutch stats and rings from the past and downplay stats/current accomplishments.

Fact of the matter is this. OKC with Durant on the floor is +12.8 PP100P in clutch situations. Miami with LeBron on the floor is +5.3 PP100P in clutch situations.

As for being clutch, LeBron has 5 playoff game winners in his entire NBA career. Durant had 3 in 1 playoff run.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-lN-se3akkWI/UsVZekyQ49I/AAAAAAAAtn0/cY5-mDFHMMc/s1600/bullshit.jpg

imdaman99
02-13-2014, 03:21 PM
Word, I'd agree with you but I know for a fact he wears down.

You're basically commending Lebron for the same shit Kobe used to do when he had Shaq. Shaq would dominate first 3 quarters and Kobe would help sparingly and then take over in the 4th quarters. Melo has to carry his shitty teammates through 3 quarters and come 4th quarter he is worn down. Happened to Lebron too in his Cavs days. But no, you will deny that.

Now Lebron can coast through 3 quarters and raise his level in the 4th. Melo and Durant can't afford to do that.

Thanks for breaking it down for us though :cheers:

Trollsmasher
02-13-2014, 03:22 PM

Suddenly the stats are worthless, even after you spent the entire day posting essays filled with numbers and you even made up new statistics that fit your agenda:lol

Imagine how much better would OKC's PP100P be if it wasn't for Durant's choking:eek: :bowdown:

And of course your last paragraph is BS:lol

Word, I'd agree with you but I know for a fact he wears down.

You're basically commending Lebron for the same shit Kobe used to do when he had Shaq. Shaq would dominate first 3 quarters and Kobe would help sparingly and then take over in the 4th quarters. Melo has to carry his shitty teammates through 3 quarters and come 4th quarter he is worn down. Happened to Lebron too in his Cavs days. But no, you will deny that.

Now Lebron can coast through 3 quarters and raise his level in the 4th. Melo and Durant can't afford to do that.

Thanks for breaking it down for us though :cheers:
Of course fatigue most likely plays role with Melo (not with Durant as he spends much less energy on his game and he is also younger and carries less weight than both LeBron and Melo), but the discrepancy is still very big. And LeBron still probably expends the most energy out of the three during the game. That conclusion about Melo was not meant to take seriously though:cheers:

And Cleveland LeBron (especially the last two years) was an entirely different beast in clutch (this year's LeBron might get close to him scoringwise) even though he had to expand more energy than anyone concerned in this thread.

Joyner82reload
02-13-2014, 03:24 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-lN-se3akkWI/UsVZekyQ49I/AAAAAAAAtn0/cY5-mDFHMMc/s1600/bullshit.jpg

http://oi59.tinypic.com/66x7v9.jpg

http://oi62.tinypic.com/kdpyk8.jpg

Clearly.

ArbitraryWater
02-13-2014, 03:25 PM
http://oi59.tinypic.com/66x7v9.jpg

http://oi62.tinypic.com/kdpyk8.jpg

Clearly.

Not that part. Your entire post together, you know with context and everything.

Joyner82reload
02-13-2014, 03:29 PM
Suddenly the stats are worthless, even after you spent the entire day posting essays filled with numbers and you even made up new statistics that fit your agenda:lol

Imagine how much better would OKC's PP100P be if it wasn't for Durant's coking:eek: :bowdown:

And of course your last paragraph is BS:lol

Yep. Just making up stats as I go, aka straight from 82games.com

LeBron
http://oi62.tinypic.com/10huhoo.jpg

Durant
http://oi62.tinypic.com/9uuheg.jpg

dannywpt
02-13-2014, 03:30 PM
Oh my, after 10 years of LeBron in the league he finally has some cherrypicked (:coleman:) clutch stats in favor of him. Good for him. :applause:

LeGOAT
02-13-2014, 03:32 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: Like what? Last time I checked Lebron is the 4 time MVP and 2 time FMVP

Trollsmasher
02-13-2014, 03:32 PM
Oh my, after 10 years of LeBron in the league he finally has some cherrypicked (:coleman:) clutch stats in favor of him. Good for him. :applause:
Not really. This is far away from LeBron's overall best clutch years. I just thought about comparing him to his scoring competition, though it appears to be very weak :cheers:

LeGOAT
02-13-2014, 03:34 PM
From 2009
http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc500/pauk666/2010-clutch-stats.jpg

dannywpt
02-13-2014, 03:35 PM
Not really. This is far away from LeBron's overall best clutch years. I just thought about comparing him to his scoring competition, though it appears to be very weak :cheers:

:rolleyes:

ClutchOver9000
Melo use to be one of the clutchest players in the NBA. Last Season and seasons prior to that. And dont give me that, Woody draws up nothing but isolations. He did the same thing last year and Melo was knocking them down. Melo had great clutch stats that put Kobe and Lebron to shame.

He lost it.

I do agree he's lost it. But I believe there's a reason. Carrying this hodge-podge cast of players night in and night out (40 min avg I believe which leads the league), it obviously wears on him. Has to score consistently, often bangs in the paint w/ multiple defenders, ALWAYS takes contact, snatch boards etc.

Sometimes you can even see as the game goes on how his shot also falls off in accordance. You combine that w/ Woody's shit last possession play calling (predictability does play a role) and you get bricks galore.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
Link?!?!?!?

fragokota
02-13-2014, 03:36 PM
Dickriders of both sides jut stop with this stupid "battle".Just enjoy the game and the greatness wherever it comes from.Players like James,Durant don't come often and surtainly don't last for a lifetime

NumberSix
02-13-2014, 03:39 PM
Dickriders of both sides jut stop with this stupid "battle".Just enjoy the game and the greatness wherever it comes from.Players like James,Durant don't come often and surtainly don't last for a lifetime
James is a once-in-a-lifetime player Durrant is a dime a
dozen

Joyner82reload
02-13-2014, 03:39 PM
From 2009
http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc500/pauk666/2010-clutch-stats.jpg

Irving averaged 56.4 PTS per 48 in the clutch in 2012, as a rookie, on 54.4 FG% 66.7 3P% 62 eFG% 74.8 TS%

GOAT clutch player OBV

As a matter of fact.

Durant 50.8 PTS per 48 59.2 TS%
LeBron 38.7 PTS per 48 55.5 TS%

Durant 50.8 PTS per 48 55.8 TS%
LeBron 33.2 PTS per 48 50.2 TS%

Trollsmasher
02-13-2014, 03:44 PM
Irving averaged 56.4 PTS per 48 in the clutch in 2012, as a rookie, on 54.4 FG% 66.7 3P% 62 eFG% 74.8 TS%

GOAT clutch player OBV
Kyrie is a great young clutch player. Too bad he could not sustain his effiency in the clutch in the next seasons (unlike LeBron). Still better than Durant who never shot above 43% in the clutch for a season:cheers:

juju151111
02-13-2014, 03:46 PM
Durant shoots 52% he nort a chucker Melo is. Durant has taken way more shots which has screwed the stats. Not to mention LJ shoots more at the rim. None of this matters. The playoffs will determine what's really going on.

juju151111
02-13-2014, 03:46 PM
Durant shoots 52% he nort a chucker Melo is. Durant has taken way more shots which has screwed the stats. Not to mention LJ shoots more at the rim. None of this matters. The playoffs will determine what's really going on.

juju151111
02-13-2014, 03:47 PM
James is a once-in-a-lifetime player Durrant is a dime a
dozen
Show me a player 6'10 with handle abd shooting like Durant.

Mr Feeny
02-13-2014, 04:02 PM
It is a well known fact that one's scoring skillset showcases the best in the 4th quarter and especially in the clutch time. The defenses get tighter, there are no easy shots to take, less bullshit calls is called and the cherrypickers get exposed.

One has to utilize his entire scoring arsenal to succeed and come through. It's safe to say that the best and the most versatile scorer in the league should also have the most success in these pressure situations.

http://s4.postimg.org/tgq06daa5/Bez_n_zvu.png
http://s1.postimg.org/m6udgul7z/Bez_n_zvu2.png

From this we can safely conclude that LeBron James is the best scorer in the league - his scoring in the pressure situations actually gets better, both effiency and amount wise.

Kevin Durant is what would you expect from a guy with a mixed history of both choking and winning, but the effiency of his pressure-less scoring does not translate well at all when it comes to scoring in the pressure situations

Wow LeBron really has turned into LeClutch:bowdown:
The rest aren't even close. That's what's scary

Joyner82reload
02-13-2014, 04:03 PM

How exactly is Durant a chucker when he has been a FAR more efficient scorer than LeBron every single year of their careers, going season by season starting as a rookie.

Hell 21,22, 23, and 24 year old Durant were more efficient scorers than 25,26,27, and 28 year old LeBron :roll:

Kevin Durant(age 20 to current): 28.9 ppg 61.7 TS%
LeBron James(Prime age 25 to current): 27.4 ppg 61.6 TS%

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-13-2014, 04:05 PM
Link?!?!?!?

OP?

Mr Feeny
02-13-2014, 04:06 PM
How exactly is Durant a chucker when he has been a FAR more efficient than LeBron every single year of their careers, going season by season starting as a rookie.

Hell 21,22, 23, and 24 year old Durant were more efficient scorers than 25,26,27, and 28 year old LeBron :roll:

I think he's discussing clutch scoring this season and Lebron is definitely more efficient this season.

Trollsmasher
02-13-2014, 04:07 PM
OP?
combined stats from nba.com and basketballreference.com

I<3NBA
02-13-2014, 04:09 PM
i would like to see the proof
eye test bitch.

NumberSix
02-13-2014, 04:09 PM
How exactly is Durant a chucker when he has been a FAR more efficient scorer than LeBron every single year of their careers, going season by season starting as a rookie.

Kevin Durant(age 20 to current): 28.9 ppg 61.7 TS%
LeBron James(Prime age 25 to current): 27.4 ppg 61.6 TS%
TS% isn't an efficiency stat.

Joyner82reload
02-13-2014, 04:10 PM
I think he's discussing clutch scoring this season and Lebron is definitely more efficient this season.

And Durant was more efficient in 2013. Does that mean he was a better player than LeBron? Absolutely not, LeBron was clearly the best player in the world.. Same is now true for Durant in 2014, although LeBron has had a nice season in crunch time :cheers:

Joyner82reload
02-13-2014, 04:11 PM
TS% isn't an efficiency stat.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/True_shooting_percentage

In basketball, true shooting percentage is an APBRmetrics statistic that measures a player's efficiency at shooting the ball.

:facepalm

Mr Feeny
02-13-2014, 04:19 PM
And Durant was more efficient in 2013. Does that mean he was a better player than LeBron? Absolutely not, LeBron was clearly the best player in the world.. Same is now true for Durant in 2014, although LeBron has had a nice season in crunch time :cheers:

That isnt his argument though. He's just saying Lebron's a better clutch player and backed his opinion with facts. Im not not sure he said anything about Lebron's superior clutch abilities equating to him being a better player than Durant. He is, but that would be an incorrect premise.

NumberSix
02-13-2014, 04:25 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/True_shooting_percentage

:facepalm
Yes, it's a shooting efficiency metric, not a scoring efficiency stat.

J Shuttlesworth
02-13-2014, 04:27 PM
Kevin Durant showing why he's #2 once again

AbeVigodaLive
02-13-2014, 04:31 PM
Can the OP include stats for the league's 4th leading scorer?

Mr Feeny
02-13-2014, 04:31 PM
Yes, it's a shooting efficiency metric, not a scoring efficiency stat.

What's the difference? Genuine question. .

Trollsmasher
02-13-2014, 04:35 PM
Can the OP include stats for the league's 4th leading scorer?
I could, but since I made those tables on reddit and only took screenshots of them afterwards, I would have to create them again to make it pretty which I don't want to:lol

In short, K-Love is about as bad as Melo, maybe worse:lol

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-13-2014, 04:36 PM
Lebron has been fantastic far as crunch time goes...Unreal numbers.

(links for reference)
http://stats.nba.com/playerStats.html?PlayerID=201142&groupFeedtype=clutch
http://stats.nba.com/playerStats.html?PlayerID=2544&groupFeedType=clutch&groupFeedtype=clutch

AbeVigodaLive
02-13-2014, 04:51 PM
I could, but since I made those tables on reddit and only took screenshots of them afterwards, I would have to create them again to make it pretty which I don't want to:lol

In short, K-Love is about as bad as Melo, maybe worse:lol

Yeah, kind of where I was going with it.

I'm almost positive he's worse. Some of the stats for the Wolves in the 4th quarter are frightening, Love included.

secund2nun
02-13-2014, 04:57 PM
But but but but....MELO BEST SCORER IN NBA SCORES DIVERSE FANCY WAYS

jimmy77x
02-13-2014, 05:36 PM
DO some of you losers aka lebron stans ever get tired of sucking another grown mans d!ck? Bunch of grown men sitting on a computer all day fighting over who's Pokemon cards are better:facepalm

KirbyPls
02-13-2014, 05:44 PM
DO some of you losers aka lebron stans ever get tired of sucking another grown mans d!ck? Bunch of grown men sitting on a computer all day fighting over who's Pokemon cards are better:facepalm

You seem perturbed little buddy. :lol