PDA

View Full Version : How famous would Walter White be in real life?

joe
02-14-2014, 03:42 AM
At two junctures.

1) After he runs away to live in the mountains and the cops reveal that he was Heisenberg all along.

2) After he returns to New Mexico and is found dead in the meth lab.

Would it be a blip on the news? Would it be a huge national story? Would he be remembered for decades? Would he go down in history?

JohnFreeman
02-14-2014, 03:43 AM
Druggos die everyday, media don't care because they are scum to them.

miller-time
02-14-2014, 03:44 AM
I actually watched the entire series the past week or two and had the same thought. In the show someone actually mentions that he would be a modern day John Dillinger. So he would probably be able to get a movie made about him at some point. Not sure if he would be Pablo or Capone famous though.

oarabbus
02-14-2014, 03:57 AM
At two junctures.

1) After he runs away to live in the mountains and the cops reveal that he was Heisenberg all along.

2) After he returns to New Mexico and is found dead in the meth lab.

Would it be a blip on the news? Would it be a huge national story? Would he be remembered for decades? Would he go down in history?

Probably not man.

Have you heard of William Leonard Pickard? Even if you have, most people haven't. Going strictly by the events of the show and how well he generally kept things under wraps, I don't think he'd be considerably more famous than someone like Pickard. Even someone like Rick Ross isn't that famous, in fact the rapper Rick Ross is the only reason people know the name. I suppose he could be a Frank Lucas type (American Gangster) as a best case scenario.

As stated above certainly not as famous as someone like Pablo Escobar.

JohnFreeman
02-14-2014, 03:59 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkB9VJdu27M

oarabbus
02-14-2014, 04:11 AM
Probably pretty famous. He ran a huge drug racket and people thought he killed two DEA agents, one of whom was his brother, along with a lot of other people. Then he goes into hiding, and people know he was a teacher with cancer, who came back and iced a bunch of nazis in really creative fashion.

Hard to see how that wouldn't fascinate the nation.

...we only knew that because of the magical camera in the sky following around the characters. The assumption is that the world finds out what they can find out about him. They have no idea he killed the Nazis and did 99% of the **** he did.

DonDadda59
02-14-2014, 04:17 AM
Ross Ulbricht. Same level of 'fame'.

KevinNYC
02-14-2014, 09:16 AM
Yeah, I don't know any famous meth dealers.

CelticBaller
02-14-2014, 09:38 AM
Yeah, I don't know any famous meth dealers.
Because none of them were a highschool teacher living a double life as the biggest drug kingpin in the south

Yeah he would be famous

OhNoTimNoSho
02-14-2014, 09:39 AM
Probably not man.

Have you heard of William Leonard Pickard? Even if you have, most people haven't. Going strictly by the events of the show and how well he generally kept things under wraps, I don't think he'd be considerably more famous than someone like Pickard. Even someone like Rick Ross isn't that famous, in fact the rapper Rick Ross is the only reason people know the name. I suppose he could be a Frank Lucas type (American Gangster) as a best case scenario.

As stated above certainly not as famous as someone like Pablo Escobar.
Yea but those dudes are black... this was a white chemistry teacher who became Pablo. This story is interesting and unique... no doubt the media would eat this story up.. with thousands of stories.. who really was walter white and shit like that... there would be books written and shit.