PDA

View Full Version : June 16, 2000 NBA Finals Game 5

MichaelCorleone
02-15-2014, 08:34 AM
Kobe scored 8 points on 4-20 shooting, that's 20% FG.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200006160IND.html

He was really gunning for that FMVP.:oldlol: Btw, Shaq had 35/11/3/2 on 63% FG.

So now we know Lebron wasn't the first to ever do it. Kobe Bryant ladies and gentleman, paving the way for future stars.:applause:

ForeverHeat
02-15-2014, 08:39 AM
A true revolutionary

SexSymbol
You're just terrible, quit life.

Warfan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzmRk15I7g4

dr.hee
02-15-2014, 08:40 AM
OP obsessed with Kobe :oldlol:

MichaelCorleone
02-15-2014, 08:41 AM
I'm just a little confused and bewildered as to why people bring up Lebron's 8 pt finals ALL THE TIME.:confusedshrug:

We Lebron fans can actually let go of the past and move on. While Kobe stans keep posting the same old Lebron 2011 finals pictures, it's infuriating.

dr.hee
02-15-2014, 08:44 AM
I'm just a little confused and bewildered as to why people bring up Lebron's 8 pt finals ALL THE TIME.:confusedshrug:

Do you have any interests besides Lebron James, Kobe Bryant and pretending to like Goran Dragic?

MichaelCorleone
02-15-2014, 08:47 AM
Do you have any interests besides Lebron James, Kobe Bryant and pretending to like Goran Dragic?
My favourite player is Goran Dragic. I'm not pretending to be a Suns/Dragic fan.

But I am of the mindset that Lebron James is one of the greatest basketball players since MJ, Shaq and Duncan. So call me a Lebron stan, Dragic stan, I don't care.

And no I don't hate Kobe, I think he's one of, if not the greatest scorer of ALL TIME. I just hate his fans.

Warfan
02-15-2014, 08:49 AM

We Lebron fans can actually let go of the past and move on. While Kobe stans keep posting the same old Lebron 2011 finals pictures, it's infuriating.

It's because u make troll threads and people are trolling u back.

SpaceJammeR
02-15-2014, 08:50 AM
lol kobe stans never knew about this game.

MichaelCorleone
02-15-2014, 08:52 AM
I want ripthekik, kennethgriffin and 9erempiree to come in and give their views on this game.

mr.big35
02-15-2014, 08:57 AM
that series was all shaq.

MichaelCorleone
02-15-2014, 09:01 AM
that series was all shaq.
Shaq was a MONSTER during that 3-peat it was almost unfair to the 3 different finals opponents.

dr.hee
02-15-2014, 09:01 AM
And no I don't hate Kobe, I think he's one of, if not the greatest scorer of ALL TIME. I just hate his fans.

Really? So you're telling me the Kobe vs Lebron stan bullshit war isn't about the game of basketball, but a pissing contest between two groups of worthless losers who are trying to have the experience of feeling superior for once in their life by creating an ingroup/outgroup conflict by identifying themseves with a particular athlete?

Now that's surprising. Tell me more

:coleman:

PsychoBe
02-15-2014, 09:03 AM
in game 4 kobe dropped 28/4/5 with 1 steal and 2 blocks as well as the game winner.

lebron hit 0 game winners in the 2011 finals and mind you kobe saved his best for last after shaq fouled out.

and i would also remind you that kobe only played 9 minutes in game 2 due to an intentional ankle injury caused by jalen rose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzmRk15I7g4
^"How good is this kid?"

Bandito
02-15-2014, 09:03 AM
Kobe was injured for that game. He had an akle injury i believe in game 2 of that same finals courtesy of jalen rose. Lebron was 100% healthy when marion owned his heart on defense. BIG difference right there.

MichaelCorleone
02-15-2014, 09:07 AM
He played 37min in his 8pt game, how could he be injured and play that much?

PsychoBe
02-15-2014, 09:10 AM
in the close-out game 6 at home kobe put up 26-10-4 along with 1 steal and 2 blocks to help lead his team along with shaq to victory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFHqwat3Wm8
^"the pacers are gonna have to get kobe bryant under control"

MichaelCorleone
02-15-2014, 09:12 AM
in the close-out game 6 at home kobe put up 26-10-4 along with 1 steal and 2 blocks to help lead his team along with shaq to victory.

We're only talking about Game 5 8pt game in this thread.

I can also do the same and bring up Lebron's 45/15/5 game and so on...

Don't catch feelings and start bringing up OTHER games. We all know Kobe has good games dude. Again, I'll admit he's the greatest scorer of all time, but stick to the topic.

SexSymbol
02-15-2014, 09:14 AM
He played 37min in his 8pt game, how could he be injured and play that much?
lol, 34 YO kobe was playing 48 minutes back to back to back.
He's the epitome of what humand physical condition should be, and has played throughout the most pain out of any athlete we've seen, what do you expect.

MichaelCorleone
02-15-2014, 09:17 AM
lol, 34 YO kobe was playing 48 minutes back to back to back.
He's the epitome of what humand physical condition should be, and has played throughout the most pain out of any athlete we've seen, what do you expect.
Yup I take nothing away from Kobe. He's a tank and his work ethic/motivation is probably 2nd to only MJ's. But the fact remained, he had a 8pt finals game.

I just want to point that out to posters like ripthekik, 9erempiree and kennethgriffin.:cheers:

PsychoBe
02-15-2014, 09:17 AM
We're only talking about Game 5 8pt game in this thread.

I can also do the same and bring up Lebron's 45/15/5 game and so on...

Don't catch feelings and start bringing up OTHER games. We all know Kobe has good games dude. Again, I'll admit he's the greatest scorer of all time, but stick to the topic.

when did lebron put up 45/15/5 in the 2011 finals? you made this topic to defend lebron's 2011 finals when it's two completely different contexts. kobe was injured. lebron was not. kobe hit a game winner while shaq sat on the bench, lebron hit none. kobe only played 9 minutes and game 2 and in game 5 the lakers had the honor and the privilege to witness the pacers shot 61 percent from the floor and completely dismantle the lakers. shaq was the only player in double figures that game with 35 points however most occurred in garbage time as the game was out of reach by the 2nd half anyways. what's more impressive was how kobe bounced back in game 6 to help lead the time to the title.

Warfan
02-15-2014, 09:20 AM
I will say I don't think his first championship was really that impressive at all. Shaq was so much better its laughable to compare them. Atleast for the next 2 titles he was putting up first option numbers while playing elite defense and was very impressive (especially 01), and was at times arguably the best player on the court, 01 spurs series for example.

He also shot 8-27, but u can ignore that I guess

PsychoBe
02-15-2014, 09:23 AM
I will say I don't think his first championship was really that impressive at all. Shaq was so much better its laughable to compare them. Atleast for the next 2 titles he was putting up first option numbers while playing elite defense and was very impressive (especially 01), and was at times arguably the best player on the court, 01 spurs series for example.

He also shot 8-27, but u can ignore that I guess

most of his points occurred in the 2nd half to close out the game. but you can ignore that too.

and kobe completely dismantled the sacramento kings in the playoffs. kobe was the team's highest scorer on the road during the playoffs. cream always rises to the top and when the pressure is at its highest that's when kobe performs.

MichaelCorleone
02-15-2014, 09:25 AM
when the pressure is at its highest that's when kobe performs.
Sorry but you cannot say that with a straight face when Kobe shoots 6/24 in a GAME 7.

Magic 32
02-15-2014, 09:28 AM
8 points including two from this...

http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/lebron-flop-3.gif
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFe8KUEQdn4

And Kobe was 21 years old, playing on a bum ankle, for 37 min, in a blowout.

Lebron was 26, had zero physical problems (in his prime), played almost 46 min, in a game that was close to the end (primarily because an injured Dwayne Wade had carried the load for 3

Warfan
02-15-2014, 09:34 AM
most of his points occurred in the 2nd half to close out the game. but you can ignore that too.

and kobe completely dismantled the sacramento kings in the playoffs. kobe was the team's highest scorer on the road during the playoffs. cream always rises to the top and when the pressure is at its highest that's when kobe performs.

Yeah I know but im talking about the 2000 playoffs, he was good in their 1st round series against the kings and for a few games against Portland, including playing well in the game 7 I believe.

PsychoBe
02-15-2014, 09:37 AM
lakers vs sacramento game 2 2000 playoffs - kobe bryant: 32(12/20), 3/3(three pointers) 4 rebounds, 2 steals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mx4K47En3eo
^"kobe bryant. 15 points in the first 12 minutes of the ball game. an incredible display. leading the lakers to a thirty five - twenty four lead at the end of 1."

MichaelCorleone
02-15-2014, 09:40 AM
I like how PsychoBe is posting all these Kobe performance and saying things like "leading the lakers to..." and "help lead his team along with Shaq" but in the end Shaq won ALL THREE FMVPs.

mr.big35
02-15-2014, 09:41 AM
I like how PsychoBe is posting all these Kobe performance and saying things like "leading the lakers to..." but in the end Shaq won ALL THREE FMVPs.
it was all shaq all the team were playing to stop shaq not kobe

SexSymbol
02-15-2014, 09:43 AM
Yup I take nothing away from Kobe. He's a tank and his work ethic/motivation is probably 2nd to only MJ's. But the fact remained, he had a 8pt finals game.

I just want to point that out to posters like ripthekik, 9erempiree and kennethgriffin.:cheers:
2nd to MJ?
MJ's work ethic isn't top 5, maybe the volume is, but not the ethic.

MichaelCorleone
02-15-2014, 09:43 AM
it was all shaq all the team were playing to stop shaq not kobe
Exactly.

The sole reason Kobe could perform well in those finals was because Shaq was doubled/tripled EVERY MINUTE OF EVERY GAME. Kobe wasn't the focus of the opponent's defense.

Warfan
02-15-2014, 09:46 AM
lakers vs sacramento game 2 2000 playoffs - kobe bryant: 32(12/20), 3/3(three pointers) 4 rebounds, 2 steals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mx4K47En3eo
^"kobe bryant. 15 points in the first 12 minutes of the ball game. an incredible display. leading the lakers to a thirty five - twenty four lead at the end of 1."

Im not sure what you're trying to get at, he had some nice performances in the 2000 run but shaq was putting up something like 30/15 while anchoring the defense, kobe wasn't even close to a 1B role like the following two years. Again not sure what you're trying to prove, so sorry if im going at you for nothing.

MichaelCorleone
2nd to MJ?
:facepalm You have got to be kidding with this bs...

PsychoBe
I like how PsychoBe is posting all these Kobe performance and saying things like "leading the lakers to..." and "help lead his team along with Shaq" but in the end Shaq won ALL THREE FMVPs.

there is only 1 FMVP trophy. however, that doesn't mean kobe wasn't the primary contributor along with shaq for those 3 titles. shaq in the 2001 playoffs called kobe "the greatest basketball player in the world." and went as far as to call kobe his "idol" during the san antonio series. history will remember the 3-peat lakers as "shaq and kobe's team", or the "1-2" punch. "if the right don't get you the left will" combo. never have i ever come across anyone who even insinuated that kobe was not the primary contributor along with shaq for the 3-peat.

Marlo_Stanfield
02-15-2014, 09:50 AM
2nd to MJ?
:biggums: :biggums:
makes zero sense:confusedshrug:

Marlo_Stanfield
02-15-2014, 09:51 AM
Kobe Bryant after the game: :kobe: :kobe: :kobe:

PsychoBe
02-15-2014, 09:54 AM
Im not sure what you're trying to get at, he had some nice performances in the 2000 run but shaq was putting up something like 30/15 while anchoring the defense, kobe wasn't even close to a 1B role like the following two years. Again not sure what you're trying to prove, so sorry if im going at you for nothing.

kobe lead the team in steals and was second only behind shaq in blocks. so there goes the "anchoring defense" theory as if shaq could shut down the perimeter too, which we both know he cant. kobe was by and large the laker's best perimeter presence on defense.

lakers vs sacramento game 3

kobe bryant: 35 points (13-25) while shaq had 21(8-22) in a overall losing effort. shaq had a bad game and it happens but kobe made his presence known during this game putting up 14 more points than shaq with only 3 more shot attempts. if that doesn't scream 1B then i dont know what does. remember in the year 2000 kobe was not a well known name yet. he was just a 21 year old kid who should have been in college. instead he was playing on the grandest stage in the world and dominating along with his partner and the greatest big man at the time shaq.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ0RFja2znY

Warfan
02-15-2014, 09:58 AM
kobe lead the team in steals and was second only behind shaq in blocks. so there goes the "anchoring defense" theory as if shaq could shut down the perimeter too, which we both know he cant. kobe was by and large the laker's best perimeter presence on defense.

lakers vs sacramento game 3

kobe bryant: 35 points (13-25) while shaq had 21(8-22) in a overall losing effort. shaq had a bad game and it happens but kobe made his presence known during this game putting up 14 more points than shaq with only 3 more shot attempts. if that doesn't scream 1B then i dont know what does. remember in the year 2000 kobe was not a well known name yet. he was just a 21 year old kid who should have been in college. instead he was playing on the grandest stage in the world and dominating along with his partner and the greatest big man at the time shaq.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ0RFja2znY

So kobe was as important defensively as shaq?

Come on man, you're telling me 21/4.5/4.4 is 1B to 31/15.4/3, don't be ridiculous. I already agree with you that kobe had some nice games.

jzek
02-15-2014, 10:00 AM
Luckiest man on the planet. Without shaq's 3 ring gift, he's no top 10 all time.

MichaelCorleone
02-15-2014, 10:00 AM
I can't believe I'm saying this about a Kobe fan, but PsychoBe you actually make some sense and actually discuss basketball in an intelligent way.:cheers:

None of your post contain insults or some lame shtick that Mr. Jabbar, ripthekik, Magic 32 and kennethgriffin uses. At least you can actually stand a chance to make some case for Kobe.

As I said, Kobe is the greatest scorer of all time and probably has the 2nd greatest work ethic.

SexSymbol
02-15-2014, 10:02 AM
:facepalm You have got to be kidding with this bs...
He often stayed up late at night partying and/or gambling before games, how is that good work ethic.
It's great genetics. I'm not saying he didn't work, he worked his ass off, but to say that it was the best work ethic ever is kind of blasphemous. If you hear anything about Kobe at night is that he's on the track at 4 AM and shooting bball multiple hours a day, all stories about MJ ant night time involve gambling, cigar smoking, or partying in general.

PsychoBe
02-15-2014, 10:02 AM
So kobe was as important defensively as shaq?

Come on man, you're telling me 21/4.5/4.4 is 1B to 31/15.4/3, don't be ridiculous. I already agree with you that kobe had some nice games.

considering he lead the team in steals and was second only to shaq in blocks in the post season, yes.

and yes that is exactly what i'm saying. kobe was the primary playmaker, the biggest perimeter presence on defense, hit two game winners during the 2000 post season run, all the while having those great games as we both know. kobe was asked to do a lot for the team as well as shaq, a lot more than fisher, samaki walker, brian shaw, and rick fox were that's for sure.

it's okay to give him his props. we're talking an all-time great and the top 10 player in nba history. there is no shame in giving him his due respect. i am not even a kobe fan by any stretch of the imagination. in fact it hurts me to rewatch the lakers dismantle my kings teams, and to see him hit the game winner over reggie's pacers while reggie missed his chance to respond at home. but it is what it is.

Warfan
02-15-2014, 10:04 AM
I can't believe I'm saying this about a Kobe fan, but PsychoBe you actually make some sense and actually discuss basketball in an intelligent way.:cheers:

None of your post contain insults or some lame shtick that Mr. Jabbar, ripthekik, Magic 32 and kennethgriffin uses. At least you can actually stand a chance to make some case for Kobe.

As I said, Kobe is the greatest scorer of all time and probably has the 2nd greatest work ethic.

http://replygif.net/i/980.gif

at best it's arguable

Magic 32
02-15-2014, 10:06 AM
Luckiest man on the planet. Without shaq's 3 ring gift, he's no top 10 all time.

Without Shaq, he would have had his own team, and he would not have been on a rebuilding/crap team during 3 of his peak years.

Warfan
02-15-2014, 10:07 AM
considering he lead the team in steals and was second only to shaq in blocks in the post season, yes.

and yes that is exactly what i'm saying. kobe was the primary playmaker, the biggest perimeter presence on defense, hit two game winners during the 2000 post season run, all the while having those great games as we both know. kobe was asked to do a lot for the team as well as shaq, a lot more than fisher, samaki walker, brian shaw, and rick fox were that's for sure.

it's okay to give him his props. we're talking an all-time great and the top 10 player in nba history. there is no shame in giving him his due respect. i am not even a kobe fan by any stretch of the imagination. in fact it hurts me to rewatch the lakers dismantle my kings teams, and to see him hit the game winner over reggie's pacers while reggie missed his chance to respond at home. but it is what it is.

I am giving him props, don't see what's wrong with saying he was a sidekick to peak shaq that year.

So if kobe was 1B that year what was he the following year, the same level as shaq?

MichaelCorleone
02-15-2014, 10:07 AM
*overused laughing gif*

at best it's arguable
Disregard Wilt's 100 (which I DO NOT BELIEVE EVER HAPPENED), Kobe's 81 is the highest scoring game in NBA history.

Yes Kobe is at best a top 9-12 on the all time ranking, but he's the greatest scorer ever.

Warfan
02-15-2014, 10:10 AM
Disregard Wilt's 100 (which I DO NOT BELIEVE EVER HAPPENED), Kobe's 81 is the highest scoring game in NBA history.

Yes Kobe is at best a top 9-12 on the all time ranking, but he's the greatest scorer ever.

Why?

And what about the man laughing above you?

PsychoBe
02-15-2014, 10:12 AM

i can be humorous if i wanted to but instead i try to educate as much as i can. kobe isn't even one of my favorite players really. rondo and the celtics were the reason i started watching basketball again (i stopped caring to keep up in 2004), i just wanted to see the lakers lose for once really, and that was it. i didn't care much for wade winning the title, or much of anything during that time. all i knew was i loved the way rondo played the pg position and how he was a walking triple-double. unfortunately it's too bad that once he was thrusted into the forefront by doc rivers his style of play couldn't translate into wins considering he didn't have much of a jump-shot.

but i digress. kobe is in my top 5 though, which consists of jordan > magic > bird > kareem > kobe in that order. but it's for more than on-court performance reasons so it's more than debateable.

MichaelCorleone
02-15-2014, 10:14 AM
Why?

And what about the man laughing above you?
Michael Jordan is the greatest of all time.

His stature is above greatest scorer of all time. MJ is better at scoring than the greatest scorer of all time, a better passer than the greatest passer of all time, a better defender than the greatest defender of all time.

Warfan
02-15-2014, 10:16 AM

His stature is above greatest scorer of all time. MJ is better at scoring than the greatest scorer of all time, a better passer than the greatest passer of all time, a better defender than the greatest defender of all time.

:lol what?

PsychoBe
02-15-2014, 10:17 AM
I am giving him props, don't see what's wrong with saying he was a sidekick to peak shaq that year.

So if kobe was 1B that year what was he the following year, the same level as shaq?

they were both equally important. the lakers were like an ambidextrous boxer. good with the right and the left. just because you take away the right hand doesn't mean the left won't get you, and that's why they were hard to stop. if they focused too much on shaq, then kobe would kill them. if the perimeter locked down kobe then he would just dump it off to shaq and let him feast inside. and if they tried to trap kobe and shaq, then they both would swing the ball to the perimeter and allow fisher, horry, and shaw hit open three-pointers. it was very, very hard to stop them and i know this as i witnessed both shaq and kobe completely destroy my kings. it was almost embarassing how kobe could go off on his at home while our supposed best defender doug christie allowed kobe to drop 30 point games on him as if he was doing the team a favor.

PsychoBe
02-15-2014, 10:20 AM
:lol what?

that is actually not too far from the truth.

he averaged more points in his career than any other player ever.

he out assisted magic johnson in their finals matchup.

and he along with 4(?) perimeter players received dpoy honors along with being top 5 in steals all time and one of the greatest perimeter shot blockers ever posting over 100 in a season multiple times i believe.

MichaelCorleone
02-15-2014, 10:21 AM
that is actually not too far from the truth.

he averaged more points in his career than any other player ever.

he out assisted magic johnson in their finals matchup.

and he along with 4(?) perimeter players received dpoy honors along with being top 5 in steals all time and one of the greatest perimeter shot blockers ever posting over 100 in a season multiple times i believe.
MJ is on a platform where nobody can touch, so naturally saying he's the greatest scorer of all time seem redundant when we know he's the GOAT.

Magic 32
02-15-2014, 10:55 AM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&player_id=&match=game&year_min=2000&year_max=2000&age_min=0&age_max=99&team_id=LAL&opp_id=&is_playoffs=Y&round_is_eds=Y&round_is_edf=Y&round_is_ec1=Y&round_is_ecs=Y&round_is_ecf=Y&round_is_wds=Y&round_is_wdf=Y&round_is_wc1=Y&round_is_wcs=Y&round_is_wcf=Y&round_is_fin=Y&game_num_type=&game_num_min=&game_num_max=&game_month=&game_location=&game_result=&is_starter=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos_is_g=Y&c1stat=pts&c1comp=gt&c1val=23&c2stat=fg_pct&c2comp=gt&c2val=.430&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=pts

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&player_id=&match=game&year_min=2011&year_max=2011&age_min=0&age_max=99&team_id=MIA&opp_id=&is_playoffs=Y&round_is_eds=Y&round_is_edf=Y&round_is_ec1=Y&round_is_ecs=Y&round_is_ecf=Y&round_is_wds=Y&round_is_wdf=Y&round_is_wc1=Y&round_is_wcs=Y&round_is_wcf=Y&round_is_fin=Y&game_num_type=&game_num_min=&game_num_max=&game_month=&game_location=&game_result=&is_starter=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos_is_fg=Y&c1stat=pts&c1comp=gt&c1val=23&c2stat=fg_pct&c2comp=gt&c2val=.430&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=pts

MichaelCorleone
02-15-2014, 11:06 AM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&player_id=&match=game&year_min=2000&year_max=2000&age_min=0&age_max=99&team_id=LAL&opp_id=&is_playoffs=Y&round_is_eds=Y&round_is_edf=Y&round_is_ec1=Y&round_is_ecs=Y&round_is_ecf=Y&round_is_wds=Y&round_is_wdf=Y&round_is_wc1=Y&round_is_wcs=Y&round_is_wcf=Y&round_is_fin=Y&game_num_type=&game_num_min=&game_num_max=&game_month=&game_location=&game_result=&is_starter=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos_is_g=Y&c1stat=pts&c1comp=gt&c1val=23&c2stat=fg_pct&c2comp=gt&c2val=.430&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=pts

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&player_id=&match=game&year_min=2011&year_max=2011&age_min=0&age_max=99&team_id=MIA&opp_id=&is_playoffs=Y&round_is_eds=Y&round_is_edf=Y&round_is_ec1=Y&round_is_ecs=Y&round_is_ecf=Y&round_is_wds=Y&round_is_wdf=Y&round_is_wc1=Y&round_is_wcs=Y&round_is_wcf=Y&round_is_fin=Y&game_num_type=&game_num_min=&game_num_max=&game_month=&game_location=&game_result=&is_starter=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos_is_fg=Y&c1stat=pts&c1comp=gt&c1val=23&c2stat=fg_pct&c2comp=gt&c2val=.430&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=pts
Cherrypicked.

Magic 32
02-15-2014, 11:08 AM
Cherrypicked.

Yes, 23 points on 43% shooting.

Outrageous standard.

MichaelCorleone
02-15-2014, 11:09 AM
Yes, 23 points on 43% shooting.

Outrageous standard.
Why not 50%?:confusedshrug:

Magic 32
02-15-2014, 11:12 AM
Why not 50%?:confusedshrug:

Ok, then they both have 7 games.

Kobe 2000 = Lebron 2011 ???

If Wade had carried the Heat in the finals, would you have counted the ring for Lebron?

riseagainst
02-15-2014, 11:18 AM
does OP even know about the ankle injury?

JohnFreeman
02-15-2014, 11:21 AM
http://www.biography.com/imported/images/Biography/Images/Profiles/K/Martin-Luther-King-Jr-9365086-1-402.jpg

"I have a dream, that Kobe and LeBron stans will live in peace and harmony."

**** dat skinny hoe Durant doe

Marlo_Stanfield
02-15-2014, 11:30 AM

What the fck is wrong with you?? Kobe is a 25 PPG career scorer on 45%. he has absolutely zero case for being the best scorer ever:biggums: :biggums: :facepalm

Marlo_Stanfield
02-15-2014, 11:32 AM

:facepalm :facepalm sheep:coleman:

MichaelCorleone
02-16-2014, 12:45 AM
Bump for awareness. I hope ripthekik, kennethgriffin and 9erempiree can come in with some explanation for their hero's choke.

MichaelCorleone
02-16-2014, 03:20 AM
What the fck is wrong with you?? Kobe is a 25 PPG career scorer on 45%. he has absolutely zero case for being the best scorer ever:biggums: :biggums: :facepalm
You convinced me. I was swayed by PsychoBe's logical explanation.

Kobe is not the greatest scorer of all time.

Stringer Bell
02-18-2014, 12:33 PM
Really? So you're telling me the Kobe vs Lebron stan bullshit war isn't about the game of basketball, but a pissing contest between two groups of worthless losers who are trying to have the experience of feeling superior for once in their life by creating an ingroup/outgroup conflict by identifying themseves with a particular athlete?

Now that's surprising. Tell me more

People here should watch the movie "Big Fan".

no pun intended
02-18-2014, 12:37 PM

It's ironic how most Kobe fans do not attest to this statement, yet someone like you does.

Stringer Bell
02-18-2014, 12:39 PM

2nd to MJ?

There is no way to tell. It's not like we are there to assess who works and trains the hardest. Karl Malone worked extremely hard. So did Kareem, Magic, Bird, Stockton, There's probably a lot of others who work just as hard but just don't have the talent.

Stringer Bell
02-18-2014, 12:46 PM

How is Kobe the greatest scorer ever?

Kobe led the league in scoring 2 times, with his FG% roughly around the league average.

Jordan led the league in scoring 10 times. Wilt led the league in scoring 7 times. Kareem also has 2 scoring titles, and is the all-time leader in points. All of them were more efficient than Kobe.

riseagainst
02-18-2014, 12:52 PM
OP never fails to deliver.........................

...fine trolling.

MichaelCorleone
02-18-2014, 08:28 PM
OP never fails to deliver.........................

...fine trolling.
I ain't trolling. It happened, which part of the OP is "trolling"???