PDA

View Full Version : Kyrie Irving wins 2014 NBA All-Star game MVP award. Reaction and discussion

FrobeShaw
02-17-2014, 12:24 AM
http://resources0.news.com.au/images/2011/06/24/1226081/152160-kyrie-irving.jpg

not an allstar? :coleman:

DonDadda59
02-17-2014, 12:26 AM
Lebron must be seriously considering moving back to Cleveland. May have found his DWade replacement. Now he just needs a 3rd all star to round things out. Melo can play the 4 right?

PleezeBelieve
02-17-2014, 12:29 AM
Kyrie
Drummond
Fukkin Hardaway Jr :oldlol:

All three guys got threads this weekend. None for Dion Waiters.

Got'cha

CJ Mustard
02-17-2014, 12:29 AM
Because no one gives a **** about the Rookie game.

navy
02-17-2014, 12:30 AM
You could have made the thread....

FrobeShaw
02-17-2014, 12:31 AM
there was a dion waiters and THJR thread :facepalm

LoneyROY7
02-17-2014, 12:31 AM
ROFL. The OP is f***ing furious.

Irving >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Waiters.

DaSeba5
02-17-2014, 12:32 AM
Kyrie
Drummond

Both guys got threads this weekend. None for Dion Waiters.

Got'cha

Because I didn't watch that game nor do I care.

WWRWestbrookDo?
Kyrie
Drummond

Both guys got threads this weekend. None for Dion Waiters.

Got'cha

Because it was rising stars vs the best players in the game today.

Kyrie got the MVP when guys like KD and LeBron were in the game.

PleezeBelieve
You idiots and your agendas. Corny as fukk

FrobeShaw
how is it possible to win allstar MVP and somehow not be a real allstar?

:roll:

Wavves
02-17-2014, 12:33 AM
Because no one gives a **** about the Rookie game.
^^^

cos88
02-17-2014, 12:34 AM
reported

PleezeBelieve
Because it was rising stars vs the best players in the game today.

Kyrie got the MVP when guys like KD and LeBron were in the game.
Tim Hardaway Jr and Drummond got threads, f*ck boi

Stop copping plea s and admit there's an anti-Waiters agenda on this place

Trollsmasher
Kyrie equals Kevin Durant in the career hardware:applause:

FrobeShaw
02-17-2014, 12:35 AM

waiters is too irrelevant for there to be a conscious effort to disregard him

you are comically delusional :biggums:

DaSeba5

Why the hell would there be an agenda against Waiters?

no pun intended
how is it possible to win allstar MVP and somehow not be a real allstar?

:roll:
lmfao

LoneyROY7
02-17-2014, 12:36 AM

Sorry bro, no one gives a f*** about Waiters.

PleezeBelieve
02-17-2014, 12:36 AM
reported
If you ever have the nerve to come at me like that again, I'm a reach through your computer screen and smack the acne of your nose. Do you know who you talking to?

Leftimage
02-17-2014, 12:38 AM
Lebron must be seriously considering moving back to Cleveland. May have found his DWade replacement. Now he just needs a 3rd all star to round things out. Melo can play the 4 right?

Why move when he can just bring Kyrie over? He is the king after all - it's only customary. Also, Riley system.

All speculation aside, Kyrie & Lebron had great chemistry and I did get a young Wade vibe despite Kyrie's style being quite different. He'd make a fine Heat SG.

noob cake
02-17-2014, 12:39 AM

Meticode
02-17-2014, 12:40 AM
I was laughing my ass off when they came back from commercial and he was standing for the MVP presentation. I kept thinking back to "Kyrie doesn't deserve to be in this game." Then in the game thread someone said Curry and Irving looked like a bunch of kids out there not knowing what to do. Then Irving wins MVP. Makes no sense!

Uncle Drew
We did go crazy. Dion had a great game as well. Going to form an awesome backcourt for us if they learn to play off each other.

Meticode
[QUOTE=noob cake]2

Leftimage
02-17-2014, 12:41 AM
[QUOTE=noob cake]2

PleezeBelieve
02-17-2014, 12:41 AM
We did go crazy. Dion had a great game as well. Going to form an awesome backcourt for us if they learn to play off each other.
Best backcourt in the league within 24 months

FrobeShaw
02-17-2014, 12:42 AM
[QUOTE=noob cake]2

Nuff Said
02-17-2014, 12:54 AM
If you ever have the nerve to come at me like that again, I'm a reach through your computer screen and smack the acne of your nose. Do you know who you talking to?
Lmfao!:oldlol:

Suguru101
02-17-2014, 12:55 AM
Why the hell would there be an agenda against Waiters?

That avatar is really bothersome...

Connor B
02-17-2014, 01:00 AM
All star game is perfect for a player like him...

- no one was trying to force him to turnover the ball
- his shots, drives, and passes were all pretty open looks
- he himself did not have to play much defense

Perfect for Kyrie who is a: three point shooter, very fast, good handles, bad at defense, turnover prone. Basically cancels all his flaws and augments his strengths. Now let's get back to reality and watch him once again fail to get his team anymore close to .500.

cos88
02-17-2014, 01:05 AM
http://imageshack.com/a/img844/6529/9pd3.gif (https://imageshack.com/i/ng9pd3g)

Bibby4Three
02-17-2014, 01:06 AM
Streetball type of player.

#NoTeamConcept

noob cake
02-17-2014, 01:09 AM
Starting it off :bowdown: :bowdown:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-KIIZl9Sm_LY/UwGJ-DtGYPI/AAAAAAAACt8/RHl-naL0G08/s1600/1.gif

noob cake
02-17-2014, 01:22 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ViMhm0I-PYA/UwGQ04yR0VI/AAAAAAAACug/powz2BIdrVw/s1600/1.gif

noob cake
02-17-2014, 01:24 AM
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/2064011/KyrieIrvingBehindTheBackStepBackJumper.gif

JtotheIzzo
02-17-2014, 01:26 AM
Kyrie
Drummond
Fukkin Hardaway Jr :oldlol:

All three guys got threads this weekend. None for Dion Waiters.

Got'cha

Check the fat asses thread in the food forum.

noob cake
02-17-2014, 01:28 AM
https://vine.co/v/M7lhU3nL7gB

https://gifvine-gifs.s3.amazonaws.com/M7lhU3nL7gB

WWRWestbrookDo?
02-17-2014, 01:37 AM

there is no agenda for Waiters. He's just not at Irvings level

strifed169
02-17-2014, 01:41 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ViMhm0I-PYA/UwGQ04yR0VI/AAAAAAAACug/powz2BIdrVw/s1600/1.gif

I never seen both sides of the all star team so happy for the ASG MVP

ImKobe
02-17-2014, 02:04 AM
Uncle Drew with the MVP

Cold soul
02-17-2014, 02:07 AM
Kyrie earned and deserved the MVP. Heck of a game by him. :applause:

BrownEye007
02-17-2014, 02:15 AM
ROFL. The OP is f***ing furious.

Irving >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Waiters.
A lot of people might not believe it but that's really not true. Other than ball handling Dion isn't very far behind Kyrie. And he's no slouch there either.

WWRWestbrookDo?
02-17-2014, 02:47 AM
A lot of people might not believe it but that's really not true. Other than ball handling Dion isn't very far behind Kyrie. And he's no slouch there either.

Waiters need to stop playing iso ball all the time and should probably stop fading away on all his jump shots.

CavaliersFTW
02-17-2014, 02:50 AM
There you happy blazer? :lol Now there's a thread for it.

Milbuck
02-17-2014, 02:51 AM
I don't know man, the feelings are already living rent free in his head doe.

BlazerRed
02-17-2014, 02:52 AM
Thanks bro, couldn't be ****ed googling :cheers:

imdaman99
02-17-2014, 02:52 AM
congrats to him :applause: but hope it doesn't stay the highlight of his career though.

MichaelCorleone
02-17-2014, 02:57 AM
Like KD, this will be the peak of his career.

I predict it'll be the same for Lillard.

Milbuck
02-17-2014, 04:50 AM
It just sucks that Dragic's peak will forever be tainted by not even making the all-star team and putting up a pathetic performance in the skills challenge. Hopefully he won't decline too much in the coming years.

MellowYellow
02-17-2014, 05:19 AM
It just sucks that Dragic's peak will forever be tainted by not even making the all-star team and putting up a pathetic performance in the skills challenge. Hopefully he won't decline too much in the coming years.

He was actually good in the skills challenge, Mr. October failed him.

El Gato Negro
02-17-2014, 05:45 AM
:lol

RedBlackAttack
02-17-2014, 07:02 AM
All star game is perfect for a player like him...

- no one was trying to force him to turnover the ball
- his shots, drives, and passes were all pretty open looks
- he himself did not have to play much defense

Perfect for Kyrie who is a: three point shooter, very fast, good handles, bad at defense, turnover prone. Basically cancels all his flaws and augments his strengths. Now let's get back to reality and watch him once again fail to get his team anymore close to .500.
He's hardly "turnover prone." He averages 2.7 turnovers with a 28.7 usage rate as a 21-year-old PG. To give you some perspective, John Wall averages 3.5 turnovers per game with a 27.5 usage rate and is 23 years old.

So, Kyrie handles the ball more, turns it over far less and is two years younger.

Russell Westbrook averages 4.0 turnovers a game.

At 21, Chris Paul was averaging 2.5 turnovers a game, almost exactly the same, but with just a 23.1 usage rate.

In short, for a ball dominant point guard, Kyrie turns the ball over at a pretty low rate. When you factor in his age, it's a really good rate.

Don't let the facts get in the way of your agenda, though.

dunksby
02-17-2014, 07:04 AM
Well deserved, that bucket he got on D12 was sweet.

RedBlackAttack
02-17-2014, 07:06 AM
Like KD, this will be the peak of his career.

I predict it'll be the same for Lillard.
Did Lillard win an ASG MVP that I'm unaware of? Or a 3-point shootout crown? Or a rookie-sophomore MVP?

People can say what they want, but very few guys at 21 have approached that kind of resume. Just making the All-Star Game alone in two of his first three years in the league is very impressive, and he had a legit argument as a rookie too.

Most guys picked at the top of the draft don't have many -- if any -- playoff appearances at Kyrie's age, either.

NumberSix
02-17-2014, 07:13 AM
He's hardly "turnover prone." He averages 2.7 turnovers with a 28.7 usage rate as a 21-year-old PG. To give you some perspective, John Wall averages 3.5 turnovers per game with a 27.5 usage rate and is 23 years old.

So, Kyrie handles the ball more, turns it over far less and is two years younger.

Russell Westbrook averages 4.0 turnovers a game.

At 21, Chris Paul was averaging 2.5 turnovers a game, almost exactly the same, but with just a 23.1 usage rate.

In short, for a ball dominant point guard, Kyrie turns the ball over at a pretty low rate. When you factor in his age, it's a really good rate.

Don't let the facts get in the way of your agenda, though.
Don't defend him TOO much. You'll look silly when you're trashing him a month after he leaves your city.

RedBlackAttack
02-17-2014, 07:28 AM
Don't defend him TOO much. You'll look silly when you're trashing him a month after he leaves your city.
I'm not defending him. I'm defending the facts. People shouldn't be allowed to just make stuff up as they please.

MichaelCorleone
02-17-2014, 08:10 AM
He was actually good in the skills challenge, Mr. October failed him.
This. Reggie Jackson behaved like a scum and cost Dragic the skills challenge trophy.

Milbuck
02-17-2014, 08:11 AM
If Reggie Jackson had a better partner that didn't intentionally throw the competition, do you guys think he could've beat Lillard and Burke?

dr.hee
02-17-2014, 08:39 AM
If Reggie Jackson had a better partner that didn't intentionally throw the competition, do you guys think he could've beat Lillard and Burke?

Yes.

sixer6ad
02-17-2014, 10:58 AM

Not asking for any "Cleveland sucks" comments (although that ensures they'll happen), just stating that it sucks to be a lifetime fan of the only city in the USA where people ONLY talk about the fact that athletes will leave.

We had LBJ for 7 seasons, yet each day was all about whether or not he'd re-sign.

If Kyrie leaves, as I suspect he will eventually, it won't have the impact of LBJ.

What's funny is that athletes now leave their cities ALL OF THE TIME, yet we seem to be the one where that is the only focus. Respect is earned, though, and I will not suspect this will change until titles are won.

The ONLY time we didn't endure this was with the Indians of the mid 90's. People like Eddie Murray, Orel Hersheisher, Dennis Martinez, Matt Williams, etc. came here because our team was lights out good. Gotta build it before they come.

Here's hoping that this mentality changes at some point in this city.

BrownEye007
02-17-2014, 03:10 PM
Actually all the people that sit there and trash on the Cavs young players are the ones that will look silly when they leave Cleveland and everybody realizes that those players are actually good. Nobody will admit it till their out of Cleveland though.

FatComputerNerd
02-17-2014, 05:32 PM
Kyrie leaving Cleveland would be nothing like LeBron leaving.

Lebron is actually FROM Cleveland (okay Akron but that's like 20 min away, considered part of the Cleveland area, and most everyone there is a Cleveland sports fan).

Hometown hero leaving and making a big spectacle of it is far far different than a star player leaving the city that he isn't from but happened to draft him.

That said, Kyrie isn't going anywhere any time soon, but if/when he does I don't think he'd get anywhere near the hate from Cleveland fans that Lebron did.

RedBlackAttack
02-17-2014, 07:52 PM
Not asking for any "Cleveland sucks" comments (although that ensures they'll happen), just stating that it sucks to be a lifetime fan of the only city in the USA where people ONLY talk about the fact that athletes will leave.

We had LBJ for 7 seasons, yet each day was all about whether or not he'd re-sign.

If Kyrie leaves, as I suspect he will eventually, it won't have the impact of LBJ.

What's funny is that athletes now leave their cities ALL OF THE TIME, yet we seem to be the one where that is the only focus. Respect is earned, though, and I will not suspect this will change until titles are won.

The ONLY time we didn't endure this was with the Indians of the mid 90's. People like Eddie Murray, Orel Hersheisher, Dennis Martinez, Matt Williams, etc. came here because our team was lights out good. Gotta build it before they come.

Here's hoping that this mentality changes at some point in this city.
Kyrie will almost certainly sign an extension this offseason that will keep him here through 2018 or 2019. It would be a real surprise if it didn't happen.

So, unless something outside of the ordinary happens, we'll have Irving for the first 7-8 years of his career. In today's age of guys hopping around the league, it is hard to ask for much more than that out of anyone.

James was an extraordinary case that drew the ire of a lot of people because (a) the Cavs had won 60+ games in back-to-back seasons leading most people to assume he'd re-sign here, (b) he's from the Greater Cleveland area and (c) the manner in which he chose to depart.

If Irving becomes the best player on the planet and ditches the Cavs in a nationally televised mockery of the FA system, then yes... it will be comparable. But, even then it will not be very close to James because he was considered "one of us" by most people here and the general public. It is stupid for anyone to even make the comparison between Kyrie's situation and what happened with James.

Like you said, James wasn't the first great player to leave the city and some have chosen to stay. Hell, a couple years ago, both teams' aces in the World Series were on the same pitching staff at one point in Cleveland (Sabathia and Lee). They left... it happens. No one made a fuss about it.

It really sucks that the first comment in any article, thread, or whatever about Kyrie Irving is how he's going to leave. People have become really obsessed about players leaving Cleveland. It's weird.

HEAT111
02-17-2014, 09:37 PM
I'm not defending him. I'm defending the facts. People shouldn't be allowed to just make stuff up as they please.

What facts? You will never know what goes on some one else's mind. Heck, you're just a fan just like any one else unless you have some access to the players in some way. Other than that, every one will have assumptions regarding about any thing.

BrownEye007
02-17-2014, 09:48 PM
Kyrie will almost certainly sign an extension this offseason that will keep him here through 2018 or 2019. It would be a real surprise if it didn't happen.

So, unless something outside of the ordinary happens, we'll have Irving for the first 7-8 years of his career. In today's age of guys hopping around the league, it is hard to ask for much more than that out of anyone.

James was an extraordinary case that drew the ire of a lot of people because (a) the Cavs had won 60+ games in back-to-back seasons leading most people to assume he'd re-sign here, (b) he's from the Greater Cleveland area and (c) the manner in which he chose to depart.

If Irving becomes the best player on the planet and ditches the Cavs in a nationally televised mockery of the FA system, then yes... it will be comparable. But, even then it will not be very close to James because he was considered "one of us" by most people here and the general public. It is stupid for anyone to even make the comparison between Kyrie's situation and what happened with James.

Like you said, James wasn't the first great player to leave the city and some have chosen to stay. Hell, a couple years ago, both teams' aces in the World Series were on the same pitching staff at one point in Cleveland (Sabathia and Lee). They left... it happens. No one made a fuss about it.

It really sucks that the first comment in any article, thread, or whatever about Kyrie Irving is how he's going to leave. People have become really obsessed about players leaving Cleveland. It's weird.

Yeah it is weird. And it annoys me that all these articles get written about Kyrie leaving then everybody tries to make it look like Cleveland fans are the ones making a fuss about it. Some do but it's mostly just outside speculation and people hating on Cleveland. As a Cavs fan myself I don't want Kyrie to leave but it doesn't exactly keep me up at night worrying. Or worry me at all for that matter.

RedBlackAttack
02-17-2014, 09:57 PM
What facts? You will never know what goes on some one else's mind. Heck, you're just a fan just like any one else unless you have some access to the players in some way. Other than that, every one will have assumptions regarding about any thing.
Saying Kyrie Irving is "turnover prone" is not factually correct according to the statistics, as I illustrated in detail just above the post you quoted. It's something that people unfamiliar with his play this season will say because it sounds right and it fits their agenda. Again, the facts do not support it.

Why would you just pull a random post out of a multi-post conversation and address it completely out of context? All of the information I provided in the previous post explains the comment. I thought that was pretty obvious?

People are free to have whatever opinion of Irving and his game or any other player in the league that they please. Making statements that can be proven incorrect do not fall under that umbrella, though.

El Gato Negro
02-18-2014, 01:05 AM
Kyrie could average a triple double, win mvp , lead the cavs to a championship and people would still hate him for no other reason than he plays for Cleveland.

sixer6ad
02-18-2014, 09:14 AM

Wilbon was absolutely brutal yesterday, as were most of media heads, in talking about Kyrie, the Cavs, etc. it was said we are not supposed to have this athlete in our city.

People forget this:
We were the home to the greatest right hand pitcher ever - bob feller
We were the home to perhaps the best football player ever - Jim brown
We were the home to the best player in the nba today - lebron James.

Cracks me up how people think we are not allowed to have good players and good teams here. I understand the dysfunctional nature of our football team right now, but our other teams - over the last 20 years - have had many strong teams and playoff moments.

People just gather thoughts and go with them. It's amazing.

Nuff Said
02-18-2014, 10:44 AM
Kyrie could average a triple double, win mvp , lead the cavs to a championship and people would still hate him for no other reason than he plays for Cleveland.
Wtf are you smoking? Last year kyrie was highly praised even after missing the playoffs and was thought to have a huge season this year. People are hating because he's not meeting those expectations right now. Not because he's in Cleveland. As you saw in the all star game he's too nice to be having a subpar season like this. He has elite level talent. It's always sad when talent fails.

RedBlackAttack
02-18-2014, 04:23 PM
Wtf are you smoking? Last year kyrie was highly praised even after missing the playoffs and was thought to have a huge season this year. People are hating because he's not meeting those expectations right now. Not because he's in Cleveland. As you saw in the all star game he's too nice to be having a subpar season like this. He has elite level talent. It's always sad when talent fails.
He's 21 and he is averaging 21 points per game with his best assist/TO ratio of his career by far, is actually giving a sh!t on defense and he has played 50 games in the first half of the season (being injury prone was one of the biggest gripes people had about him in the past). Plus, he's playing in a brand new system.

If that isn't good enough for people, I would assert that maybe your expectations were out of whack, not Kyrie's season so far.

RedBlackAttack
02-18-2014, 07:56 PM
Wilbon was absolutely brutal yesterday, as were most of media heads, in talking about Kyrie, the Cavs, etc. it was said we are not supposed to have this athlete in our city.

People forget this:
We were the home to the greatest right hand pitcher ever - bob feller
We were the home to perhaps the best football player ever - Jim brown
We were the home to the best player in the nba today - lebron James.

Cracks me up how people think we are not allowed to have good players and good teams here. I understand the dysfunctional nature of our football team right now, but our other teams - over the last 20 years - have had many strong teams and playoff moments.

People just gather thoughts and go with them. It's amazing.

And, are the Cavs the only franchise in NBA history that has lost a great player? Orlando lost both a prime Shaq and a prime Howard in their very short franchise history. Does every mention of Oladipo's name result in the world speculating when he's going to leave?

Chris Paul left New Orleans quicker than James left Cleveland. Does every article and discussion about the Pelicans turn into a diatribe about how Anthony Davis will be gone?

Why is this just a Cleveland thing?

Solefade
02-18-2014, 08:27 PM

are you being serious? reggie jackson was "too cool" for the skill challenge even though he's basically a nobody anyway

MichaelCorleone
02-18-2014, 08:43 PM
are you being serious? reggie jackson was "too cool" for the skill challenge even though he's basically a nobody anyway
This. btw he's not serious, he just wants to hate on Dragic to get to me, dude has a serious problem.

Nuff Said
02-18-2014, 09:26 PM
He's 21 and he is averaging 21 points per game with his best assist/TO ratio of his career by far, is actually giving a sh!t on defense and he has played 50 games in the first half of the season (being injury prone was one of the biggest gripes people had about him in the past). Plus, he's playing in a brand new system.

If that isn't good enough for people, I would assert that maybe your expectations were out of whack, not Kyrie's season so far.
He's playing like complete shit iono wtf games you've been watching. Just last week he must've shot 39% for the whole week. His team is looking like they'll miss the playoffs yet again. Giving a shit on defense? He still sucks. Overall he's underperforming like a mutha****a and it don't take no statistician to see that.

RedBlackAttack
02-18-2014, 09:29 PM
He's playing like complete shit iono wtf games you've been watching. Just last week he must've shot 39% for the whole week. His team is looking like they'll miss the playoffs yet again. Giving a shit on defense? He still sucks. Overall he's underperforming like a mutha****a and it don't take no statistician to see that.
The Cavs are on the verge of winning their 5th straight game and Kyrie has actually been playing really well. You have no idea what you're talking about.

ezzy
02-18-2014, 09:30 PM
Game where defense is optional = Kyrie's perfect game

--
Ezzy Razmus :: http://the1.be :: Audio Pharmaceutical :: http://wfnk.com

RedBlackAttack
02-18-2014, 09:33 PM
Ezzy Razmus :: http://the1.be :: Audio Pharmaceutical :: http://wfnk.com
:wtf:

Nuff Said
02-18-2014, 09:51 PM
The Cavs are on the verge of winning their 5th straight game and Kyrie has actually been playing really well. You have no idea what you're talking about.
I watch kyrie very often mainly because he's on my fantasy team and yes he's been playing like shit and yes they're winning against sub .500 teams their record is still shit and him not making the playoffs in this weak ass conference is a huge underachievement.

Amar'e_Juwanna
02-18-2014, 09:51 PM
melo ftw

RedBlackAttack
02-18-2014, 10:56 PM
I watch kyrie very often mainly because he's on my fantasy team and yes he's been playing like shit and yes they're winning against sub .500 teams their record is still shit and him not making the playoffs in this weak ass conference is a huge underachievement.
You're just babbling.

El Gato Negro
02-19-2014, 12:19 AM
Thanks for proving my point hater. try actually watching basketball sometime, maybe then you won't sound like a complete fool.:cheers:

Nuff Said
02-19-2014, 02:51 AM
Thanks for proving my point hater. try actually watching basketball sometime, maybe then you won't sound like a complete fool.:cheers:
How in the **** did that prove your point? Let's ignore the fact his shooting % is lower than ever and the team record is only slightly better than last year. You're right no one has any grounds to hate on kyrie. Foh soft ass *****.

El Gato Negro
02-19-2014, 02:57 AM
How in the **** did that prove your point? Let's ignore the fact his shooting % is lower than ever and the team record is only slightly better than last year. You're right no one has any grounds to hate on kyrie. Foh soft ass *****.
RedBlackattack posted some facts for you that you chose to ignore, but by all means keep getting mad and posting more bs. that will make you sound less like the fool you are. stick to front running with your heat. :cheers: the made up words are a nice touch lol.

RedBlackAttack
02-19-2014, 03:32 AM
The Cavs have won 21 games so far this year, with 29 games left. They won 24 games last season.

If their win rate so far this season remains the same over these last 29 games, they'll finish the season 33-49. That would be one of the best win/loss improvements in the entire league. But, more importantly, they're playing their best basketball since 2010 right now, so that win rate has a good chance of increasing... making it even more of a jump in wins this year.

Again, you just have no clue what you're talking about.

Nuff Said
02-19-2014, 12:03 PM
RedBlackattack posted some facts for you that you chose to ignore, but by all means keep getting mad and posting more bs. that will make you sound less like the fool you are. stick to front running with your heat. :cheers: the made up words are a nice touch lol.
You say people hate kyrie simply for the fact that he plays in Cleveland and I'm the fool??? Ignoring facts? "he actually gives a shit on defense" is now a fact? Facts: Kyrie is shooting an even lower % than last year, scoring less points, while only having a .3 increase in assists and is yet still out of the playoffs. Him and his team are UNDERACHIEVING that is the reason for the backlash. Not because he's in Cleveland. Oh and his defense still sucks. And I'm a huge kyrie fan. I'm done with y'all.

RedBlackAttack
02-19-2014, 03:36 PM
Saying Kyrie Irving is "turnover prone" is not factually correct according to the statistics, as I illustrated in detail just above the post you quoted. It's something that people unfamiliar with his play this season will say because it sounds right and it fits their agenda. Again, the facts do not support it.

Why would you just pull a random post out of a multi-post conversation and address it completely out of context? All of the information I provided in the previous post explains the comment. I thought that was pretty obvious?

People are free to have whatever opinion of Irving and his game or any other player in the league that they please. Making statements that can be proven incorrect does not fall under that umbrella, though.