PDA

View Full Version : Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: "Big Men should stay in the paint"

CavaliersFTW
02-17-2014, 05:00 AM
http://youtu.be/9HyTIak-_y8

:applause:

He also calls out Lebron for not knowing his history when he made his Mt Rushmore.

Black Mamba's B
02-17-2014, 05:08 AM
Kareem is vastly underrated

Smook A.
02-17-2014, 05:20 AM
Doesn't matter as long as if they make their shots :confusedshrug:

rmt
02-17-2014, 05:28 AM
Kareem giving Timmy props - best center in the NBA. KAJ is right when he says the hand check rule has changed the game a lot - made it so much easier to score. And yes, Lebron should know his NBA history better - gotta give respect to those who came before you and paved the way.

miggyme1
02-17-2014, 05:30 AM
in order for big men to stay in the paint they have to be able to play with their back to the basket.

Joyner82reload
02-17-2014, 05:32 AM
The real Mount Rushmore is Russell, Jordan, Kareem, and Magic/Bird(combined into 1)

plowking
02-17-2014, 05:43 AM
CavsFTW staying salty. Dude still mad at anything Bron does.

I've never seen someone this butthurt. Tries to cover it up acting like he doesn't care too. lol...

One of the worst cases of butthurt I've seen on here.

MMM
02-17-2014, 05:43 AM
The real Mount Rushmore is Russell, Jordan, Kareem, and Magic/Bird(combined into 1)

:applause: :applause: :applause:

houston
02-17-2014, 05:53 AM
kareem is a hater:roll:

JohnFreeman
02-17-2014, 06:03 AM
The older retired players are so salty and bitter. It was just LeBrons opinion. I agree with the big men thing though.

Cold soul
02-17-2014, 06:05 AM
Wise words by Kareem.

JohnFreeman
02-17-2014, 06:12 AM
He hardly called out LeBron..lets be honest

eriX
02-17-2014, 06:14 AM
I agree, all these talents are wasted with bigs wanting to shoot these days. But did you really have to take another out of context shot at lebron? :facepalm

dunksby
02-17-2014, 06:56 AM
Agreed, dominate the post and the paint and you are on your way to victory. If your big men constantly spend time on the perimeter and away from the basket you are giving up a huge advantage.

SHAQisGOAT
02-17-2014, 07:00 AM
Always love to hear Kareem, he's very knowledgeable although he can be too self-centered many times and come off like an asshole. That said, imo you can't leave Jabbar off the top 3, just can't.

"You had to know how to move the ball around. Nowadays, they just give the ball to 2 guys. A lot of people come to me and say that the game is boring."
:applause: on point

As for the big-men should stay in the paint part, that's right for the most part, let's also not act like having a solid mid-range jumper doesn't do wonders plenty of times, Kareem should know that because he improved on that as his career progressed and was good for him.. He played against Bob Lanier, one of the biggest, toughest dudes and still had a really good shooting touch, sweet jumper, prime Bob McAdoo is one of the greatest shooters ever (forget about just for big-men), Jack Sikma could really shoot the rock and played outside the paint most of the time, Cowens was shooting a bunch of jumpers from distance, Walton had a nice mid-range game, also Ewing, even Parish, so on... Notion that bigs couldn't and wouldn't shoot from outside, back in the day, is really stupid and false as hell, yea on average most of them would be in the paint, but plenty could knock jumpers and you had more than enough relying on the outside game.. With all of this, the 3pt chucking thing is different. With that said, it's right to say that centers should be in the paint most of the time.

And people need to stop hating on that Lebron's list, it's hard to be precise about those things and his list was actually pretty good and more than acceptable although different from mine, I ain't hating.

NumberSix
02-17-2014, 07:03 AM
News flash Kareem. Rules have changed about "staying in the paint". :hammerhead:

SHAQisGOAT
02-17-2014, 07:04 AM
News flash Kareem. Rules have changed about "staying in the paint". :hammerhead:

Explain please.

SHAQisGOAT
02-17-2014, 07:07 AM
No.

Just like I thought, you can't :lol

****ing ignorant-ass kid these days, saying things for the **** of it without any arguments or facts to back it up :facepalm

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
02-17-2014, 07:18 AM
Just like I thought, you can't :lol

****ing ignorant-ass kid these days, saying things for the **** of it without any arguments or facts to back it up :facepalm
nikka how old are u
u call everyone a kid:biggums: :biggums:

JohnFreeman
02-17-2014, 07:20 AM
No.
:oldlol:

SHAQisGOAT
02-17-2014, 07:27 AM
nikka how old are u
u call everyone a kid:biggums: :biggums:

That's because you're like 10.. nikka

SCdac
02-17-2014, 09:40 AM
The player that comes to mind the most is Kevin Love. Dude plays like a shooting guard and takes 6-7 three's a game :facepalm

Yeah he's got a good shot but it makes me cringe watching him roam on the perimeter like he's Robert Horry or something. Get in the paint man!

Marlo_Stanfield
02-17-2014, 09:43 AM
CavsFTW staying salty. Dude still mad at anything Bron does.

I've never seen someone this butthurt. Tries to cover it up acting like he doesn't care too. lol...

One of the worst cases of butthurt I've seen on here.
:roll: :oldlol: :lol :applause:

Marlo_Stanfield
02-17-2014, 09:44 AM
The player that comes to mind the most is Kevin Love. Dude plays like a shooting guard and takes 6-7 three's a game :facepalm

Yeah he's got a good shot but it makes me cringe watching him roam on the perimeter like he's Robert Horry or something. Get in the paint man!
dis nignag looks like a total retard in the post so i understand he uses the only skill he has which is shooting over people. hes pretty damn good at that:applause:

dr.hee
02-17-2014, 09:53 AM
Agreed, dominate the post and the paint and you are on your way to victory. If your big men constantly spend time on the perimeter and away from the basket you are giving up a huge advantage.

https://www.sporthilfe.de/upload/Dirk_Nowitzki_MVP___Einzelsicht_17473.jpg

Does Kareem hate him or something? The best non US-players according to KAJ are the Gasol brothers, Duncan, Tony Parker and Manu. Nowitzki? Stay in the post, big fella! There was an interview with KAJ in 2010 where he said this about the Mavs:
The most important key player, even more than Dirk Nowitzki is Jason Kidd with his excellent leadership.

Really?

And he's dead wrong about NBA teams shooting three pointers at a bad percentage. The average is at 35.8% right now, making it more efficient than 2pt attempts, which are at 48%. Kareem is one of the greatest ever, but some parts of that interview are total nonsense.

AnaheimLakers24
02-17-2014, 10:01 AM
Goat

BoutPractice
02-17-2014, 10:44 AM
Everytime I hear an interview of Kareem he sounds extremely bitter.
And the criticism he's making is the typical sort of stuff you hear from old people who don't watch the game and just make assumptions. Some of the things he's saying were maybe true in the early 00s, but the game has evolved.