PDA

View Full Version : If you are Carmelo, what would you do?

Black and White
02-17-2014, 06:05 PM
All this talk about him taking a paycut in NY, there being room in Miami if the big 3 take paycuts,

If you are Melo, what would you do? Remember you want to write your own legacy, so teaming up with a player like LeBron might not be the best thing,

I would say try and force a S & T to the Warriors, as long as Iggy isn't part of it.

What would you do?

Rose'sACL
02-17-2014, 06:08 PM
All this talk about him taking a paycut in NY, there being room in Miami if the big 3 take paycuts,

If you are Melo, what would you do? Remember you want to write your own legacy, so teaming up with a player like LeBron might not be the best thing,

I would say try and force a S & T to the Warriors, as long as Iggy isn't part of it.

What would you do?
i guess russell or bird are not in your top 10 then.

red1
02-17-2014, 06:09 PM
this guy should be in panic mode trying to grab a ring if he wants to save his legacy. joining miami is too much though

Black and White
02-17-2014, 06:10 PM
this guy should be in panic mode trying to grab a ring if he wants to save his legacy. joining miami is too much though

Thats why I think the Warriors are a better option

Smook A.
02-17-2014, 06:11 PM
If I were him I'd take my talents to Windy City and win a championship with Rose and Noah. On the side note, Coach Thibs looks like the perfect coach for Carmelo

sd3035
02-17-2014, 06:12 PM
Aside from butchering the second conditional, your post poses an interesting question. I would certainly gtfo of New York, or demand a complete shake up of the entire organization if I were Marshmallow Anthony.

KyrieTheFuture
02-17-2014, 06:15 PM
Come to the Cavs, realistically go to the sixers and then get Dion Waiters to reform the Syracuse alumni.

Neither of those will happen but he definitely shouldn't go to Chicago I'll tell you that much.

LONGTIME
02-17-2014, 06:17 PM
I'd stay in NYC and keep gettin' dem checks. **** Championships.

Inferno
02-17-2014, 06:19 PM
Thats why I think the Warriors are a better option

Hmm...

Black and White
02-17-2014, 06:20 PM
Aside from butchering the second conditional, your post poses an interesting question. I would certainly gtfo of New York, or demand a complete shake up of the entire organization if I were Marshmallow Anthony.

I don't think NY has enough room to make immediate moves, it would take 2 years to get flexible again, some of their contracts are just :facepalm

inclinerator
02-17-2014, 06:20 PM
make money, cuz i know i wont be in the top 10

Im so nba'd out
02-17-2014, 06:24 PM
have sex with lala thats the 1st thing i would do.After that i would take the paycut or go to the clippers

outbreak
02-17-2014, 06:25 PM
retire and focus on eating those honey nut cheerios

LONGTIME
02-17-2014, 06:27 PM
Go Latrell Sprewell on Raymond Felton's fat ass

Marv_Albert
02-17-2014, 06:29 PM
If I were him I'd take my talents to Windy City and win a championship with Rose and Noah. On the side note, Coach Thibs looks like the perfect coach for Carmelo

Only one thing, those guys will never win a ring either

indiana miami > chicago

poido123
02-17-2014, 06:45 PM
Only one thing, those guys will never win a ring either

indiana miami > chicago

Chicago with Melo can beat those teams.

Rose
Butler
Melo
Gibson
Noah

Scary :eek:

Black and White
02-17-2014, 06:52 PM

Rose
Butler
Melo
Gibson
Noah

Don't forget Mirotic

DStebb716
02-17-2014, 07:47 PM
I would have a SERIOUS sit down with the front office. I tell them that I don't care what happens to Woodson right now, but after the season he has to go. Then you need to look James Dolan in the eye and tell him "tell me that you'll quit you're meddling bullshit."

If you don't feel 100% that Dolan really will stop his meddling crap then I leave. If I don't feel 100% that they'll be smart and keep Hardaway around (barring a major trade requiring him to be involved) and then they'll bring in another legitimate star by the end of the 2015 offseason then I leave.

I would probably go to Chicago or the Clippers. But I do hope he stays, and I hope he has the balls to tell them what they need to hear.

Cold soul
02-17-2014, 07:52 PM
Go to the Lakers. I'm biased. Chicago, Miami, Golden State, etc are munch better destinations.

GASOL IS GOAT
02-17-2014, 07:58 PM
Melo isn't joining the Heat, he has too much pride for that. If I were in his shoes the two teams on my Radar would be the Lakers and Bulls. They both can offer him the max and he'll be playing with Rose or Kobe.

HOoopCityJones
02-17-2014, 09:56 PM
If Melo chose to goto LA, he'd be with Gasol and Kobe.

(assuming Gasol is still here)

JohnFreeman
02-17-2014, 09:57 PM
Stay in NY and get as much money as I could

SavageMode
02-17-2014, 10:16 PM
PG: Lebron
SG: Wade
SF: Melo
PF: Bosh
C: Oden

2014-2015 Miami Heat.

Get er' done Riley.

Akrazotile
02-17-2014, 10:21 PM
I'd pass the ball.

coin24
Take the max $$$ and stay in NY. They should be able to move some pieces and be more competitive next season and the one after. Also force Dolan to hire a decent coach:oldlol: They will have a good shot with Miamis run almost over, bran is running out of stars to carry him down there..

But yeah, take the $$, a ring would be nice but i wouldnt work for half pay for an award. Not surprising half the retards on here would though:lol

Unless he wants to play for the Lakers!! More than welcome...

Illuminati
PG: Lebron
SG: Wade
SF: Melo
PF: Bosh
C: Oden

2014-2015 Miami Heat.

Get er' done Riley.

This.

If he wants to win, go to Miami.

Akrazotile
02-17-2014, 10:24 PM
This.

If he wants to win, go to Miami.

If Carmelo wants to win, he should go to Miami.

If Miami wants to win, they should keep Carmelo away.

MichaelCorleone
02-17-2014, 10:25 PM

Rose
Butler
Melo
Gibson
Noah

Scary?

http://replygif.net/i/747.gif

coin24
02-17-2014, 10:27 PM
Scary?

http://replygif.net/i/747.gif

For once i agree:lol

That Chicago team is garbage. Thibs would run them into the ground before the playoffs anyway.. Plus it looks like Rose is done

NumberSix
02-17-2014, 10:29 PM
Chicago is too cheap. They'll never never pay for a team that will win. 2011 was their lucky perfect storm year and they didn't get it done.

Lakers will spend the money, but their current owner is a retard who simply doesn't have what it takes to run a team.

rlsmooth775
02-17-2014, 10:29 PM
He should Join the heat so he can win a championship he's not cut out to be the first option. He can be a spot up shooter for Lebron it's his destiny.

Anfernee
02-17-2014, 10:36 PM
Whatever he does he's got to get away from the Knicks, unless he's happy getting paid and not winning. Maybe that's the plan for him, take the max, endure being a loser, and then pull a Clyde Drexler and team up with whomever is winning in 3 or 4 years.

JohnFreeman
02-17-2014, 10:38 PM
Whatever he does he's got to get away from the Knicks, unless he's happy getting paid and not winning. Maybe that's the plan for him, take the max, endure being a loser, and then pull a Clyde Drexler and team up with whomever is winning in 3 or 4 years.
I actually believe Melo says he wants to win a championship, just to shut the media up. Melo likes his paper

Akrazotile
02-17-2014, 10:43 PM
Chicago is too cheap. They'll never never pay for a team that will win. 2011 was their lucky perfect storm year and they didn't get it done.

Lakers will spend the money, but their current owner is a retard who simply doesn't have what it takes to run a team.

You mean the stones to stand up to Kobe? That's business suicide. The stans need their Kobe.

Kupchak runs the personnel. Jim Buss isn't the cause of the Lakers problems. He's just a scapegoat for the stans who refuse to ever blame KoMe. Shaq, Odom, Mike Brown, Mike DAntoni, Gasol, Smush Parker, Jimmy Buss, Howard, Nash, etc. etc. These guys all hold Kobe back when the team doesn't win. Even if KoMe shot 8/30 in a loss. It was the other guys who held him back.

#1 rule in Lakerland: KoMe is god.
#2 rule in Lakerland: There are no rules but #1.

It's a total sheep-a-thon.

miles berg
02-17-2014, 10:47 PM
Bulls for sure.

NumberSix
02-17-2014, 10:48 PM
Bulls for sure.
From 1 loser team to another. Sure, why not?:rolleyes:

gts
02-17-2014, 11:53 PM
If I'm Melo I opt out then sit down with Knicks ownership and listen to what they have to say I want to see a viable plan that can be put into motion this offseason... If it's just more of the same I'm taking all offers and getting as far away from the Knicks as possible.

MichaelCorleone
02-17-2014, 11:56 PM
From 1 loser team to another. Sure, why not?:rolleyes:
:roll: :roll: :roll:

avonbarksdale
02-18-2014, 12:00 AM
portland

lillard
batum
carmelo
lma
lopez

cmon

Godzuki
02-18-2014, 01:20 AM
i don't get why people keep pretending Melo's leaving the Knicks when he just dropped a real obvious sign he's staying and willing to take less to get better talent. he loves being the man in NY and its obvious. NY loves him too so i'd be real shocked if Melo went anywhere.

JamiesChrist
02-18-2014, 01:21 AM
Better hope Dolan dies if he stays in NY

Lamar Odumbb
02-18-2014, 01:35 AM
You mean the stones to stand up to Kobe? That's business suicide. The stans need their Kobe.

Kupchak runs the personnel. Jim Buss isn't the cause of the Lakers problems. He's just a scapegoat for the stans who refuse to ever blame KoMe. Shaq, Odom, Mike Brown, Mike DAntoni, Gasol, Smush Parker, Jimmy Buss, Howard, Nash, etc. etc. These guys all hold Kobe back when the team doesn't win. Even if KoMe shot 8/30 in a loss. It was the other guys who held him back.

#1 rule in Lakerland: KoMe is god.
#2 rule in Lakerland: There are no rules but #1.

It's a total sheep-a-thon.

Why are you mad that Kobe is a ballhog who ruins the Lakers. If you hate the Lakers, shouldnt you encourage Kobe to continue being a ballhog.

Lakers problem is Jim Buss when he didnt want to hire Phil because he hates his sister Jeannie Buss and Phil is her boyfriend.

DStebb716
02-18-2014, 01:56 AM
portland

lillard
batum
carmelo
lma
lopez

cmon

If Portland had the money to pull this off it would be nuts. But they don't.

DStebb716
02-18-2014, 01:57 AM
Better hope Dolan dies if he stays in NY

Or if Melo leaves. Either way.

KendrickPerkins
02-18-2014, 01:58 AM
Chicago should be first priority, if they care to offer him a contract.

Seriously, this would probably put CHI over the top in the East.

Milbuck
02-18-2014, 02:01 AM
Chicago and LA are the logical options.

InspiredLebowski
02-18-2014, 02:04 AM
If I'M Melo? I take my max and **** the haters. Always, ALWAYS, take the money. You're trying to set up grandkids here.

Trentknicks
02-18-2014, 02:09 AM
If I'M Melo? I take my max and **** the haters. Always, ALWAYS, take the money. You're trying to set up grandkids here.
But even taking less money he'll have earned 200+ million in that span of his career.

LONGTIME
02-18-2014, 02:10 AM

Yep, a career ending injury can happen at any moment. Make all the money you can while you can.

Rameek
02-18-2014, 02:11 AM
If I were Melo I would demand a sign n trade to the Suns or GSW. Dragic and Melo with all those shooters or Curry and Melo with a real coach and not as many shooters.

The only way I would stay with the Knicks is if they shook up the Front Office infrastructure and trade Stat and/or Bargs Chandler.

The Knicks should look to dump Melo and Stat on someone else.

Anfernee
02-18-2014, 02:24 AM

I normally disagree with this sort of thinking, but for pro athletes, in most cases, this is the way to go, especially if you are lucky enough to play a sport with guaranteed contracts.

I still think he should re-sign for the max and figure everything else out next season and beyond.

El Gato Negro
02-18-2014, 02:27 AM
The suns and rockets seem like good fits if they could pull off a sign and trade.

MichaelCorleone
02-18-2014, 02:28 AM
The suns and rockets seem like good fits if they could pull off a sign and trade.
We'll give up one of the twins + Gerald Green for Melo.:cheers:

Marlo_Stanfield
02-18-2014, 02:36 AM

Rose
Butler
Melo
Gibson
Noah

u know deep down Chicago gonna come up short once again:roll: :roll:
#DatPedoLife

JBrizzy
02-18-2014, 02:38 AM
I'd go to Chicago. Good coach and better pieces.

JohnFreeman
02-18-2014, 02:51 AM
Exactly what I said. New York + $100 million is pretty good

Akrazotile
02-18-2014, 02:56 AM
We'll give up one of the twins + Gerald Green for Melo.:cheers:

Suns take it hard with no lube in that trade.

Fiasco
02-18-2014, 03:23 AM
Come to LA.

Bandito
02-18-2014, 09:31 AM
Melo isn't joining the Heat, he has too much pride for that. If I were in his shoes the two teams on my Radar would be the Lakers and Bulls. They both can offer him the max and he'll be playing with Rose or Kobe.
This. But i would take the Bulls if I was him. Hes not young enough to wait for a rebuild the Lakers are going to go through. Unless the lakers can get him and love.

niko
02-18-2014, 11:34 AM
First of all he wants to live in NY clearly. He does, his wife does. I know most of you act like NBA players are not humans and should just go wherever but that does matter. Secondly if i were him, I'd go to the owner and tell him I don't like the structure, i'd like one really good person in charge of everything if you want me to stay. People cry coach killer, etc. but what NY fan doesn't want this?

JohnFreeman
02-18-2014, 11:38 AM
First of all he wants to live in NY clearly. He does, his wife does. I know most of you act like NBA players are not humans and should just go wherever but that does matter. Secondly if i were him, I'd go to the owner and tell him I don't like the structure, i'd like one really good person in charge of everything if you want me to stay. People cry coach killer, etc. but what NY fan doesn't want this?
Melo should march into Dolans office and give him an ultimatum. I see that Knicks are interested in Jeff Teague now?

Marlo_Stanfield
02-18-2014, 11:40 AM
Yep, a career ending injury can happen at any moment. Make all the money you can while you can.
dis nikka has 200 million or more already. how much money does he need to spend:lol :lol :facepalm
and nba player doesnt need to care about money after 5+ years even if hes a scrub.
already richer than 99,5% of the world:facepalm

RightToCensor
02-18-2014, 12:24 PM
1. F*ck LaLa.
2. Go to Houston
3. ???
4. Championship

Marlo_Stanfield
02-18-2014, 12:26 PM
1. F*ck LaLa.
2. Go to Houston
3. ???
4. Championship
Melo AND Haren on one team= Championship??
http://cdn.niketalk.com/2/2f/350x700px-LL-2ff5111e_michael-jordan-laughing.gif

I<3NBA
02-18-2014, 01:13 PM
I'd pass the ball.
:lebronamazed:

mr.big35
02-18-2014, 01:22 PM
he will not leave ny. he will take the max deal and stay a knick for his career.

beastee
02-18-2014, 05:30 PM
Kobe is still the alpha...even with diminishing skills, so LA does not make sense . Portland would be a great spot, but no way LaLa agrees to move there. Chicago gives him a great coach and ready to win team, so IF he leaves NY that is the only place he considers.

And if you think Lala is moving to Phoenix...:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: