PDA

View Full Version : DraftExpress has Embiid as No.1 pick for Bucks?

Kiddlovesnets
02-17-2014, 11:43 PM
http://www.draftexpress.com/

I do not know what to say about this but any GM that takes Embiid over Wiggins will be fired immediately.
:roll:

Clyde
02-21-2014, 11:25 AM

I do not know what to say about this but any GM that takes Embiid over Wiggins will be fired immediately.

Can you teach Wiggins to be 7' or taller?

I understand your opinion, but gm's usually will draft a big over a wing player.......also judging by your 12000+ post count you already knew that.

cos88
02-21-2014, 12:13 PM
if i would a team like bucks i would take wiggins or parker over embiid.

i just see a little less risk in this pick, embiid has huge potential, i think he is a little overrated because of his great hands and the fact that he is fluid but there is great work to be done with him.

if i am right bucks didn't want to tank before the season, and attacked the playoffs. with parker or wiggins they can do that in the east in 2015.

Shade8780
02-21-2014, 12:46 PM
If you guys think the Bucks should take a sure thing, it's Jabari, not Wiggins. Even though I think Wiggins will be better than Jabari, he isn't as sure a thing as Parker is.

GOBB
02-21-2014, 04:20 PM

Clearly one poster who is clueless.

TheReal Kendall
02-21-2014, 07:02 PM
I would take Embiid or Parker over Wiggins. I'm not sold on Wiggins yet

oarabbus
02-21-2014, 07:33 PM

What kind of idiot would take a legit 7' guy who's new to the game of basketball and is already dominating everyone and has disgusting post moves, for a SF/PF tweener that has been largely underwhelming?

wait....

Burgz V2
02-21-2014, 08:49 PM

What kind of idiot would take a legit 7' guy who's new to the game of basketball and is already dominating everyone and has disgusting post moves, for a SF/PF tweener that has been largely underwhelming?

wait....

Wiggins is not a SF/PF tweener, unless you are referring to Parker.

Wiggins is stuck between 2 and 3, and will probably spend time at both positions at the next level. He is not a reliable enough ball handler at the NCAA level to be a full time 2 as he can't handle the traps and full court pressing yet. But as a pro he will likely play the 2 and 3, never the 4.

DwadeOverLebron
03-05-2014, 04:23 PM
draftexpress has the most accurate mock drafts that i've seen.. and yes you have to take joel embiid over parker and wiggins.. I haven't seen a big man like this since shaq in terms of god given physical gifts at the collegiate level. His size athleticism and fluidity makes him a can't miss once in a generation big man seriously. it's not even a question anymore.

one player who i think is being over looked is aaron gordon. he reminds me of a blake griffen (not as athletic tho) and a mix of david lee (with out the jump shot yet, altho he shows flashes of a knockdown j). I'm gonna say it right now.. I would pick him over julius randle. Actually.. aaron gordon > vonleh > WCS > randle.. yes I would pick his teammate Willie over randle. I just don't see the big deal with randle. He forces too many things, you don't know how many times I see him double teamed in the post and he'll either force it or turn it over all the time. With WCS wide open on the weak side all the time! He needs to stop forcing the issue if it's not there.

Clyde
03-05-2014, 04:55 PM
Every draft board I've seen has Embiid going #1 overall.

You can't teach tall

...plus his ridiculous potential.

highwhey
03-05-2014, 06:25 PM
oden was drafted over durant.

Big man >>> perimeter scorer

JimmyMcAdocious
03-05-2014, 07:50 PM
oden was drafted over durant.

Big man >>> perimeter scorer

Is that sarcastic or what you believe scouts think?

Because I don't know who the perimeter scorer you might be implying should be drafted over Embiid would be. Parker? He's not close to the prospect Durant was. Not offensively and his defensive is holy god atrocious. I don't even get how someone can be so bad at defense, assuming he actually tries.

noob cake
03-06-2014, 12:05 AM
Is that sarcastic or what you believe scouts think?

Because I don't know who the perimeter scorer you might be implying should be drafted over Embiid would be. Parker? He's not close to the prospect Durant was. Not offensively and his defensive is holy god atrocious. I don't even get how someone can be so bad at defense, assuming he actually tries.

Note that this guy's name is James McAdoo and is hating on a Duke player.

Hint: Parker's defensive stats are better than Wiggins'. Keep propagating that myth though.

Clyde
03-06-2014, 12:43 AM
Note that this guy's name is James McAdoo and is hating on a Duke player.

Hint: Parker's defensive stats are better than Wiggins'. Keep propagating that myth though.

Are you going to try and argue Parker is a better defender than Wiggins??

I'll always respect someones opinion if they make a valid argument, but for what I see with my eyes Wiggins is the better defender.

Stats wise Wiggins averages 1 block and 1 steal per game but (Parker is fractions of a point better in each category) but I don't think the stats tell the entire story.

From what I've watched I believe Wiggins is quicker laterally, can get off the ground quicker and has the ability to recover faster on defense.

Also Parker is no slouch on defense, he just isn't the athlete Wiggins is.....and I don't think that's debatable.

noob cake
03-06-2014, 01:03 AM
Are you going to try and argue Parker is a better defender than Wiggins??

I'll always respect someones opinion if they make a valid argument, but for what I see with my eyes Wiggins is the better defender.

Stats wise Wiggins averages 1 block and 1 steal per game but (Parker is fractions of a point better in each category) but I don't think the stats tell the entire story.

From what I've watched I believe Wiggins is quicker laterally, can get off the ground quicker and has the ability to recover faster on defense.

Also Parker is no slouch on defense, he just isn't the athlete Wiggins is.....and I don't think that's debatable.

Check defensive rating, rebounding %, stl %, blk%, NEVER raw stats.

Clyde
03-06-2014, 01:08 AM

Link please,I love stats,and espn can only show me so much.

that being said, stats don't ell the entire tale.

for example, Bruce Bowen was an amazing defender with rather pedestrian numbers.

JimmyMcAdocious
03-06-2014, 01:57 AM
I watched Parker get driven by Leslie McDonald. That guy can't dribble in traffic without turning it over and he was consistently getting beat. Did you watch the Wake Forest game tonight? There's no conceivable way you could have watched that game and come out thinking, "Hm, this Parker guy is an good or even average defensive player."

You want to use the "He's the best player on the team and can't afford foul trouble" argument? That's fine and it may be true. Unfortunately that often equates to lacking defense and Parker is no different. Either way his defense has been underwhelming.

btw when is the dialogue going to come out about how Coach K and Self are underachieving with two incredibly stacked rosters? Or does that only happen when it's about Calipari and Roy Williams?

K has two lottery picks and maybe the best player in the country. Cook is definitely an above average PG, Sulaimon is very likely a first round pick, Plumlee will probably end up in the NBA like his brothers, there's a crap load of three point shooters to go with the system, and then 2 5 star freshman that don't even get playing time.

Self probably has the top two picks in the NBA draft, Selden, Ellis, Greene, and I'm sure another player or two will find himself in the NBA at some point.

Imagine if Cal was 23-7 with a roster like KU. It's more talented than his current team, they are 22-8, and he's taking a beating in the media lately.

Duke has had incredible luck at home this season. Probably should have 2-3 more losses and they can't seem to win the road. Coach K is 9-9 in his last 18 road games.

I am way off topic tho. Parker's defense is garbage.

Beatlezz
03-06-2014, 05:09 AM

The great talent evaluator has spoken. :lol

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92588

Clyde
03-06-2014, 08:19 AM

Oh my!

DwadeOverLebron
03-06-2014, 02:10 PM

WOW! Haha! great find! I just commented on that thread to bump it.. but it's crazy I found my old comment on there from 2008!! LOL! CRAZY! I don't even remember typing all that.. I must have been drinking that day cuz of the verbage I used. GREAT FIND NONE THE LESS!

Kiddleslovesnets.. LOL! Your horrible bro! Also.. eeeeebro? Your just as bad as well! LOLz!

GOBB
03-06-2014, 02:20 PM

You're an idiot if you think Wiggins is not a better defender. Go her your eyes examined

Jailblazers7
03-06-2014, 03:14 PM
You're an idiot if you think Wiggins is not a better defender. Go her your eyes examined

He is just some Duke homer his opinion should be ignored.

I would be really worried about Embiid's recent injury issues. I think it might just be wear and tear for a guy who isn't used to playing a lot of games but that is concerning for someone who wants him to play 70-80 games minimum next season. I think the decision is closer between Embiid and Wiggins than many think simply because of the back issues that Embiid is having.

Clyde
03-06-2014, 04:14 PM

I would be really worried about Embiid's recent injury issues. I think it might just be wear and tear for a guy who isn't used to playing a lot of games but that is concerning for someone who wants him to play 70-80 games minimum next season. I think the decision is closer between Embiid and Wiggins than many think simply because of the back issues that Embiid is having.

Being that big with injuries is never good.

I'm still not 100% sold that Embiid will enter the draft.

noob cake
03-06-2014, 07:54 PM

You must be some stupid hick from PGH then? Embiid is clearly a better prospect than Parker. Wiggins is plain bad.

I recognize talent from a statistical perspective. I can't do much if people think Wiggins is elite defensively despite being a defensive sieve in terms of actual defensive impact.

JtotheIzzo
03-09-2014, 01:10 PM
You must be some stupid hick from PGH then? Embiid is clearly a better prospect than Parker. Wiggins is plain bad.

I recognize talent from a statistical perspective. I can't do much if people think Wiggins is elite defensively despite being a defensive sieve in terms of actual defensive impact.

and then, two days later:

Kansas: A. Wiggins 41 Pts, 8 Reb, 2 Ast, 5 Stl, 4 Blk

GOBB
03-09-2014, 01:14 PM

:roll: Plain bad.

D-FENS
03-09-2014, 02:13 PM

Damn, I called this guy Gerald Green. I watched the game and he looked so fluid. He's becoming a lot more confident

Burgz V2
03-09-2014, 07:44 PM

:oldlol:

Clyde
03-10-2014, 01:37 AM

That should silence the critics

noob cake
03-10-2014, 02:29 AM

Kids like you don't actually watch the skillset, just the boxscore and showy plays.

Highlights here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXt5JtlWnps

1. Good drive and finish. Created shot. Delay of game if it was in the NBA.
2. Open jumper. Was assisted.
3. Garbage put back. Misses layup. Misses layup. Third chance tip in.
4. Jumper. Created shot.
5. Loses balance trying to avoid big. Phantom foul.
6. Transition open dunk.
7. Clean block. Phantom foul.
8. Loses control spinning. Phantom foul.
9. Loses control driving. Weak call.
10. Drives makes layup. Phantom call +1.
11. Very nice spinning + floater. He got this move down.
12. Put back garbage shot.
13. Transition. Misses layup. Weak class for FT.
14. Misses transition floater. Phantom foul
15. Open 3 point shot. Was assisted.
16. Self created 3 point shot. Very nice. Was assisted.
17. Steal and dunk off poor piss inbound. Garbage shot.
18. Fade away 3 point shot. Very nice. Was assisted.

tl;dr usual shitty finishing (46% at rim), superstar 19 free throws (9 phantom free throws, 4 touch fouls, 6 legit free throws), bundled with unsustainably hot 3 point shooting.

JtotheIzzo
03-10-2014, 05:02 AM
Kids like you don't actually watch the skillset, just the boxscore and showy plays.

Highlights here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXt5JtlWnps

1. Good drive and finish. Created shot. Delay of game if it was in the NBA.
2. Open jumper. Was assisted.
3. Garbage put back. Misses layup. Misses layup. Third chance tip in.
4. Jumper. Created shot.
5. Loses balance trying to avoid big. Phantom foul.
6. Transition open dunk.
7. Clean block. Phantom foul.
8. Loses control spinning. Phantom foul.
9. Loses control driving. Weak call.
10. Drives makes layup. Phantom call +1.
11. Very nice spinning + floater. He got this move down.
12. Put back garbage shot.
13. Transition. Misses layup. Weak class for FT.
14. Misses transition floater. Phantom foul
15. Open 3 point shot. Was assisted.
16. Self created 3 point shot. Very nice. Was assisted.
17. Steal and dunk off poor piss inbound. Garbage shot.
18. Fade away 3 point shot. Very nice. Was assisted.

tl;dr usual shitty finishing (46% at rim), superstar 19 free throws (9 phantom free throws, 4 touch fouls, 6 legit free throws), bundled with unsustainably hot 3 point shooting.

I watched the game, Wiggins owned the 2nd half and almost singlehandedly brought his team back, if Mason didn't turn it over when they cut it to five they may have won.

Don't come in here with 'facts' and then tie your biased opinion of them to the end of it.

It isn't my fault that reality came in 48 hours later and completely proved your insight to be 180' in the wrong direction.

Facts:

-Wiggins has far and away the highest ceiling in this draft (sorry, the Embiid train is still docked at 'injury concern' station).

-He will be the number one pick.

-You will hate, be a bitter internet troll and he will become a special player.

Cure:

-stop posting hate in this thread. the chance to save face is over, you are dumb or biased and agenda driven and the proof is in your posts.

-quit being so shit at this and step up you post game.

JtotheIzzo
03-10-2014, 05:10 AM
Damn, I called this guy Gerald Green. I watched the game and he looked so fluid. He's becoming a lot more confident

Guys who don't play the game rarely understand what it is like to step up to the next level and then alter your game.

The WVU game was one of the few times this year they leaned on Wiggins (another time was the Florida game when the rest of his team was stuck in the mud). When he was in HS he played a central role, the WVU game was more what he is familiar with.

This year he has been asked to play within the team construct, and for good reasons, Embiid and Selden are both excellent players, but it creates questions on what to do each touch. Saturday we just saw Wiggins ballin, he was in his element and comfortable. the idea that this guy can not carry a team is ludicrous. In this respect I sometimes kind wish he went to FSU and just dropped 30 a game.

But I like what Bill Self is doing, he's been challenging the kid all year and keeping him humble, it will pay dividends, especially in the pros. The improvement has been noticeable.

IGOTGAME
03-10-2014, 06:27 AM
Assuming Embiid back will be fine and it just needs to focused on with strength training then he is my number 1 pick. However, I've always had Wiggins and Embiid 1 and 2. I don't think Parker is in the same lg and Exum is too unknown.

Clyde
03-10-2014, 09:16 AM
Assuming Embiid back will be fine and it just needs to focused on with strength training then he is my number 1 pick. However, I've always had Wiggins and Embiid 1 and 2. I don't think Parker is in the same lg and Exum is too unknown.

You'd have to be a NBA scout or GM to get an educated opinion on Exum.

I doubt many here have seen him play other than mix tapes and highlights.

Sure we can all read articles, but it's hard to understand what a someone is good/bad at without seeing him with your own eyes.

Also this guys competition isn't NCAA caliber.

I do believe Parker is the in the same league as Wiggins and Embiid......offensively he's great, he has NBA size and what appears to be high basketball IQ.

Jailblazers7
03-11-2014, 10:30 AM
I think I would take Wiggins #1 now that a stress fracture has been confirmed for Embiid's back. I really love Embiid's game but that injury would really concern me. I read that Drummond dealt with something similar (and is doing fine) but the fact that the NCAA game put that much strain on his body is concerning. I think whatever team drafts him will have to watch his minutes carefully his rookie year.

JtotheIzzo
03-11-2014, 10:33 AM
I think I would take Wiggins #1 now that a stress fracture has been confirmed for Embiid's back. I really love Embiid's game but that injury would really concern me. I read that Drummond dealt with something similar (and is doing fine) but the fact that the NCAA game put that much strain on his body is concerning. I think whatever team drafts him will have to watch his minutes carefully his rookie year.

big men and back injuries is never good.

Hope Joel can recover and be a great pro.

Jailblazers7
03-11-2014, 10:35 AM
big men and back injuries is never good.

Hope Joel can recover and be a great pro.

Yeah, it would be a shame to see another potentially great big get ruined by injury again.

JimmyMcAdocious
03-23-2014, 02:49 PM
btw when is the dialogue going to come out about how Coach K and Self are underachieving with two incredibly stacked rosters?

ahem

Jailblazers7
03-23-2014, 03:50 PM
ahem

Self has gotten criticism about that throughout his time at Kansas. Duke isn't really stacked this year tho. They are a poorly composed team with zero inside presence. Coach K normally does a good job of capitalizing when he has a team capable of making a deep run.

JimmyMcAdocious
03-24-2014, 02:17 AM
Self has gotten criticism about that throughout his time at Kansas. Duke isn't really stacked this year tho. They are a poorly composed team with zero inside presence. Coach K normally does a good job of capitalizing when he has a team capable of making a deep run.

LAST TEN YEARS (a lifetime in college basketball)

http://i60.tinypic.com/29wwwi1.jpg

Nice resume if you are Syracuse or some other psuedo elite program. Not at Duke with the "GOAT of the modern era"

Worst Win Pct as Top-3 Seed Last 10 Seasons

Win Pct W-L
Duke .692 18-8
UConn .727 8-3
Ohio St .739 17-6
Memphis .765 13-4

*Minimum 10 Games

Per ESPN Stats & Info

In the last ten seasons, Duke has made the Final Four ONCE. In those ten seasons, they have been seeded 1st, 1st, 6th, 2nd, 2nd, 1st, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, and 3rd.

Average seed: 2.1
Won-loss record in tournament: 18-9 (67%)

Going by seed (1st=final 4, 2nd = elite 8, etc):
Exceeded: 1 time
Met: 1 time
Fell short by 1 round: 2 times
Fell short by 2 or more rounds: 6 times

Slice it how you want, he's underachieved for the better of the last decade.

This roster had a hole in the post. It also had probably two lottery picks and arguably the best player in college basketball. They loss to Mercer in the first round. In terms of overall talent?

Parker = 3rd overall, 5 star
Ojeleye = 32nd overall, 5 star
Jones = 34th overall, 5 star

Sulaimon = 12th overall, 5 star
Jefferson = 21st overall, 5 star

Cook = 31st overall , 4 star
Hood = 27th overall, 5 star
Murphy = 49th overall, 4 star (reclassified late and was a 5 star in his other class, like top 20 I believe)
Plumlee = 61st overall, 4 star

Hairston, 32d overall, 4 star
Thornton, not listed, 3 star

Dawkins, not listed (probably because he reclassified really late), 4 star

Let's not act like that was Parker, Hood, and a bunch of scrubs.