PDA

View Full Version : This All-Star interview is starting to make me appreciate LeBron more

KendrickPerkins
02-17-2014, 11:44 PM
Respect.

A deeper insight to the dudes personality and life, his road to the league, early career struggles, his personal life with his family and friends, etc. He really is a likeable person.

Dead serious. I disliked dude as much as the next guy. But this interviews making me see the light. Let's all the appreciate this man while he's still here.

MichaelCorleone
02-17-2014, 11:45 PM
Good for you. :cheers:

LeGOAT
02-17-2014, 11:46 PM
You bi-polar or what Fudge?

TheMarkMadsen
02-17-2014, 11:46 PM
Fudge I like ya buddy but you're such a beta sometimes

KendrickPerkins
02-17-2014, 11:47 PM
You bi-polar or what Fudge?
What makes you think that?

This all stemmed from last night with that ISH=Family thread. What, did you think I was trolling?

JohnFreeman
02-17-2014, 11:48 PM
Good.

LeGOAT
02-17-2014, 11:49 PM
What makes you think that?

This all stemmed from last night with that ISH=Family thread. What, did you think I was trolling?
I seen you trolling early today nikka.

KendrickPerkins
02-17-2014, 11:51 PM
I seen you trolling early today nikka.
When and where?

215Philly
02-17-2014, 11:52 PM
But the decision was such an evil thing to do :mad: He's such a baddie :mad:

LeGOAT
02-17-2014, 11:53 PM
When and where?
Sorry I don't bookmark every thread I see. Dont lie though, I see you.
#Praying4You

KendrickPerkins
02-17-2014, 11:56 PM
Sorry I don't bookmark every thread I see. Dont lie though, I see you.
#Praying4You
I barely posted today, and if I did, it was mostly, if not ALL of it, was done in the moe thread.

#BeWell, clown.

LeGOAT
02-17-2014, 11:57 PM
I barely posted today, and if I did, it was mostly, if not ALL of it, was done in the moe thread.

#BeWell, clown.
Not judging man. Just worried about your mental health.

KendrickPerkins
02-18-2014, 12:00 AM
Not judging man. Just worried about your mental health.
:lol

You're paranoid, bro. N!ggas think I be trolling right now.

I'm dead serious. I'm not the type of troll to make stupid threads like this and not mean it.

no pun intended
02-18-2014, 12:00 AM
Interviews always open the windows to a lot of good personalities in the NBA because it shows that we forget how these players that we watch for entertainment are human. This is usually why when I have to answer who my favorite players in the NBA are, I take their personalities highly in consideration too.

LeGOAT
02-18-2014, 12:05 AM
:lol

You're paranoid, bro. N!ggas think I be trolling right now.

I'm dead serious. I'm not the type of troll to make stupid threads like this and not mean it.
http://i.imgur.com/VJHPrEI.png

SpecialQue
02-18-2014, 12:07 AM
Respect.

A deeper insight to the dudes personality and life, his road to the league, early career struggles, his personal life with his family and friends, etc. He really is a likeable person.

Dead serious. I disliked dude as much as the next guy. But this interviews making me see the light. Let's all the appreciate this man while he's still here.

This shit sounds like Lebron revealed he's dying or something. :biggums:

Megabox!
02-18-2014, 12:10 AM
Interviews always open the windows to a lot of good personalities in the NBA because it shows that we forget how these players that we watch for entertainment are human. This is usually why when I have to answer who my favorite players in the NBA are, I take their personalities highly in consideration too.
Who are your favorite player(s)?

Prometheus
02-18-2014, 12:11 AM
I like LeBron, but honestly a good bit of that interview, especially towards the end, really pissed me off. He is pretty damn full of himself. "I should have won DPOY over Marc Gasol" and "I have so many different styles of leadership"... It's cool that he's a family man, a team player, and in the end despite his faults is a better role model for little kids than most superstar players, but sometimes his ego is just too over the top.

KendrickPerkins
02-18-2014, 12:15 AM
http://i.imgur.com/VJHPrEI.png
:confusedshrug:

Is it not tho?

I was speaking on behalf of the Heat team as a whole. Stacking the deck with another superstar is beyond pathetic to me. I'm sure you'd feel the same if you put your homerism and bias to the side.

no pun intended
02-18-2014, 12:18 AM
Who are your favorite player(s)?
Amar'e Stoudemire
Kobe Bryant
Dirk Nowitzki
Steve Nash
Joakim Noah
Russell Westbrook

SamuraiSWISH
02-18-2014, 12:26 AM
Anyone know where I can watch this?

zoom17
02-18-2014, 12:27 AM

this

JohnFreeman
02-18-2014, 12:29 AM
this and the Inside the NBA all star challenge. I want to watch Charles fail at sports

Illuminati
02-18-2014, 12:29 AM

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k1Upk4pMlJAeuh5vUH1?start=15

SamuraiSWISH
02-18-2014, 12:31 AM
My dude, thanks.

JohnFreeman
02-18-2014, 12:32 AM
My man :cheers:

KendrickPerkins
02-18-2014, 12:37 AM
The bit on the 2011 debacle was almost spot on.

And how he trapped himself in his room for 2 weeks after that made me feel for him. ALSO, when he and Wade went to the Bahamas to talk it out and figure out what they had to do to get to the top. That was awesome. Made me catch the feelz.

LongLiveTheKing
02-18-2014, 12:38 AM
Fudge, why are you banned?

KendrickPerkins
02-18-2014, 12:40 AM
Fudge, why are you banned?
The ISH=Family thread I made last night. I guess Jeffrey mistakened it for a troll thread.

LongLiveTheKing
02-18-2014, 12:43 AM
The ISH=Family thread I made last night. I guess Jeffrey mistakened it for a troll thread.
That shit was beautiful, how dare he.

Inferno
02-18-2014, 12:52 AM
He mentions lions at the 19 minute mark. Pauk :bowdown:

JamiesChrist
02-18-2014, 01:11 AM
I cried

sportjames23
02-18-2014, 03:11 AM
Respect.

Reported for beta-ness.

RIP CITY
02-18-2014, 04:09 AM
People actually watched this shit?

MichaelCorleone
02-18-2014, 04:09 AM
People actually watched this shit?
It's an inspiration.

maybeshewill13
02-18-2014, 04:10 AM
The bit on the 2011 debacle was almost spot on.

And how he trapped himself in his room for 2 weeks after that made me feel for him. ALSO, when he and Wade went to the Bahamas to talk it out and figure out what they had to do to get to the top. That was awesome. Made me catch the feelz.
Must be a hard life heading out to the Bahamas to talk shit out..

RIP CITY
02-18-2014, 04:11 AM
It's an inspiration.

LOL, he's a ****ing basketball player. The celebrity worship is this Country is embarrassing.

KendrickPerkins
02-18-2014, 04:15 AM
LOL, he's a ****ing basketball player. The celebrity worship is this Country is embarrassing.
:facepalm

My man, YOU'RE embarrassing.

MichaelCorleone
02-18-2014, 04:16 AM
Lebron is an athlete, not a celebrity.

He happens to be the absolute best at his sport, thus people consider and treat him like a celebrity. He's also an inspiration to millions of people around the world.

RIP CITY
02-18-2014, 04:23 AM
:facepalm

My man, YOU'RE embarrassing.

Hey, if you want to kiss the ground the man walks on because he can put a ball through a hoop more power to you I guess. I'm sorry if I find it ridiculous. Call me when they make a big deal about an interview with a Soldier from Iraq who served two tours, or a regular every day person that made a difference in the world without being a millionaire for something silly like playing basketball or making movies/music. Those people deserve the spotlight.

SexSymbol
02-18-2014, 04:24 AM
It's an inspiration.
To retardation, and you're a prime example of it.

Seriously, what a ****ing arrogant prick.
"I should've won DPOY over marc gasol" nikka, you weren't even a top 15 defender last year, what are you smoking

KendrickPerkins
02-18-2014, 04:25 AM
Hey, if you want to kiss the ground the man walks on because he can put a ball through a hoop more power to you I guess. I'm sorry if I find it ridiculous. Call me when they make a big deal about an interview with a Soldier from Iraq who served two tours, or a regular every day person that made a difference in the world without being a millionaire for something silly like playing basketball or making movies/music. Those people deserve the spotlight.
:roll:

You need some happiness in your life. Relax.

MichaelCorleone
02-18-2014, 04:26 AM

"I should've won DPOY over marc gasol" nikka, you weren't even a top 15 defender last year, what are you smoking
Aren't you the guy who didn't know who the Doctor is?:lol

You have no credibility anymore. Sit down.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=326162

SexSymbol
02-18-2014, 04:31 AM
Aren't you the guy who didn't know who the Doctor is?:lol

You have no credibility anymore. Sit down.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=326162
lol, i have DR.J in my top ten, unlike 90 percent of the rest of the world, it was obviously a trolling attempt, and judging by the replies, very succesful.

MichaelCorleone
02-18-2014, 04:32 AM
lol, i have DR.J in my top ten, unlike 90 percent of the rest of the world, it was obviously a trolling attempt, and judging by the replies, very succesful.
Don't try and brush off your lack of bball knowledge as deliberate trolling.:facepalm

RIP CITY
02-18-2014, 04:32 AM

You need some happiness in your life. Relax.

I'm plenty happy with my life. I just don't worship celebrities like they walk on water.

KendrickPerkins
02-18-2014, 04:34 AM
I'm plenty happy with my life. I just don't worship celebrities like they walk on water.
I don't either. :confusedshrug: I just appreciate a player of LeBrons caliber and what he brings to the sport, which happens to be...OH you guessed it. MY favorite sport.

Does that honestly bother you so much?

RIP CITY
02-18-2014, 04:36 AM
I don't either. :confusedshrug: I just appreciate a player of LeBrons caliber and what he brings to the sport, which happens to be...OH you guessed it. MY favorite sport.

Does that honestly bother you so much?

That doesn't, I understand enjoying the sport, I wouldn't be here if I didn't. Calling an interview with a basketball player an "inspiration" is just ridiculous to me, that's all.

MichaelCorleone
02-18-2014, 04:38 AM
That doesn't, I understand enjoying the sport, I wouldn't be here if I didn't. Calling an interview with a basketball player an "inspiration" is just ridiculous to me, that's all.
I'm entitled to my own opinions. It was an inspiration to me, almost everything Lebron does is an inspiration to me.

maybeshewill13
02-18-2014, 04:39 AM
I'm entitled to my own opinions. It was an inspiration to me, almost everything Lebron does is an inspiration to me.
lol.

KendrickPerkins
02-18-2014, 04:40 AM
TOO beta I cringed. :facepalm

tmacattack33
02-18-2014, 11:47 AM
I didn't see too much of it, but any interview like this would probably make you like a guy better since it showed his family and his personal life and his upbringing and all that.

So it shouldn't really make you like him any better.

You should have realized in the first place that all that happened was his agent and marketing people talked to ESPN about doing a show for his free agency decision and then they came to Lebron and told him about it...and he agreed. If anything that just shows bad judgement.

And then the "not five, not six, not seven" thing was done during a prep rally thing for Miami's fans. And the whole statement is hardly ever shown...he said that IF MIAMI CAN PLAY THE RIGHT WAY AND EVERYTHING CLICKS, then they have the talent to win not five, not six, not seven championships.

So many of you are idiots for buying into ESPN's summer of Lebron hatred in 2010.

CelticBaller
02-18-2014, 11:54 AM
Please tell me who you really are :oldlol:

Marlo_Stanfield
02-18-2014, 12:02 PM

This poster said LeBron had zero pressure to win it all in 2012. he has zero credibility. just to let you know:yaohappy: :yaohappy:

DMV2
02-18-2014, 12:14 PM
I like LeBron, but honestly a good bit of that interview, especially towards the end, really pissed me off. He is pretty damn full of himself. "I should have won DPOY over Marc Gasol" and "I have so many different styles of leadership"... It's cool that he's a family man, a team player, and in the end despite his faults is a better role model for little kids than most superstar players, but sometimes his ego is just too over the top.
Name me an NBA legend who doesn't have an ego. All of them thinks they're the best at something, unstoppable, etc. Hell, even Bill Russell had to defend his legacy by saying how many championships he's won after LeBron left him out of the Mt Rushmore crap. And Russell is probably the most humbled and respected guy to play the game.

Everybody has to be proud of what they've accomplished, and to the outside world, that may come off as being egotistic.

Prometheus
02-18-2014, 02:09 PM

:eek: ... :oldlol:

riseagainst
02-18-2014, 02:10 PM

Prometheus
02-18-2014, 02:12 PM
Did anyone else feel like they didn't talk enough about the high points of his career? They had an hour, and they talked about all sorts of bullshit but not so much as a "tell us about that game 6 against Boston" or "take us back to the moment when you won that first ring".

SavageMode
02-18-2014, 02:17 PM
Inspirational stuff by Lebron.

A true Alpha male unlike Kobe who is a sociopathic rapist.

KendrickPerkins
02-18-2014, 02:28 PM
Did anyone else feel like they didn't talk enough about the high points of his career? They had an hour, and they talked about all sorts of bullshit but not so much as a "tell us about that game 6 against Boston" or "take us back to the moment when you won that first ring".
Yeah, I was actually waiting for him to express his thoughts after winning it in 2012, and his mindset that year as opposed to 2011.

Mr Exlax
02-18-2014, 03:16 PM
I gotta say, this was a really really really good interview.

tmacattack33
02-18-2014, 04:10 PM

Well if you want to listen to an every person talk about himself, you can open the door and walk outside and ask the first person you see to tell you about their life.

Lebron/Durant/Kobe are in the top 99.999999th percentile of what they do, and this has made them global icons. They go through some very interesting shit and they influence many people.

And that is why i'd definitely listen to an interesting interview of them (I would have watched last night but i was busy, and I'm hoping they'll rerun it or that it'll be on youtube soon).