PDA

View Full Version : Without KG, Pierce, Allen, Would Rondo Have Become As Good?

Foster5k
02-18-2014, 08:13 PM
To me, it seems like Rondo was pushed so hard by those three guys. It seems that he was hustling extra hard just to prove his worth to the likes of KG, etc. Without these guys, on the team, I doubt Rondo would have become as good as we know he can be.

I remember watching the playoffs, back when the Celtics were on their championship run, and it seemed like every loose ball Rondo was diving nose first to get it. He was making that extra attempt to get a steal or giving that extra cross over/spin move to get to the rim.

Rondo had the potential all along. However, he needed to be pushed to the brink by guys like KG, Pierce, and Ray Allen in order to unlock what was already there.

Myth
02-18-2014, 08:15 PM
I think he would have been good, but with a somewhat different skill set and he would be regarded in a much different way.

Black and White
02-18-2014, 08:15 PM
Mentality wise he would have been helped along playing with a player like KG, dude has the highest standards, Rondo benifitted ALOT from playing with the big 3, credit needs to go to Doc as well.

IncarceratedBob
02-18-2014, 08:23 PM
He isn't that great in the first place
10 pts 10 rebounds with great defense is a nice player but thats it. sounds like a role player to me, which is what he was when he actually won something.

Pushxx
02-18-2014, 08:26 PM
10 pts 10 rebounds with great defense is a nice player but thats it. sounds like a role player to me, which is what he was when he actually won something.

He was the third best player of the 2010 and 2012 playoffs.

Sounds like a role player to me...when did you start watching basketball?

YouGotServed
02-18-2014, 08:31 PM
Most overrated point guard by far. Can't shoot, ball dominant, and lives off the glory years he had with the big 3; when he wasn't even the go-to guy.

Hasn't done shit as the leader of his team.

Black and White
02-18-2014, 08:33 PM
Most overrated point guard by far. Can't shoot, ball dominant, and lives off the glory years he had with the big 3; when he wasn't even the go-to guy.

Lol, you obv didn't watch the ECF against the Heat, the one where they took them to 7 games

MichaelCorleone
02-18-2014, 08:33 PM
No. He's overrated to be honest. And have a bad attitude too.

Black and White
02-18-2014, 08:34 PM
No. He's overrated to be honest. And have a bad attitude too.

:facepalm

YouGotServed
02-18-2014, 08:35 PM
Lol, you obv didn't watch the ECF against the Heat, the one where they took them to 7 games

I did. Boston lost. Rondo wasn't the go-to guy. Next.

MichaelCorleone
02-18-2014, 08:37 PM
He can get his triple double occasionally sure, but his impact on the game isn't substantial, he needed KG, Pierce and Allen to contend.

IncarceratedBob
02-18-2014, 08:39 PM
He was the third best player of the 2010 and 2012 playoffs.

Sounds like a role player to me...when did you start watching basketball?
Kobe, Gasol, LeBron in 2010

LeBron, Durant, Parker in 2012

I would rank Rondo around 4-8 in each year of playoffs but still that doesn't mean anything. He had a good squad that made deep CF runs those years. Replace him on those teams with legit stars like Tony Parker, Chris Paul, Russell Westbrook, Derrick Rose, etc then the Celtics might actually win something.

5th best player in the playoffs doesn't mean anything, but if it helps you sleep better at night then go for it. GL winning with Raon Rondo as your best player

Black and White
02-18-2014, 08:41 PM
Rondo carried the team on his back that series, the whole big 3 was injured, he was the one making plays, you have to be delusional not to see this

Black and White
02-18-2014, 08:42 PM
He can get his triple double occasionally sure, but his impact on the game isn't substantial, he needed KG, Pierce and Allen to contend.

Sure, he became better with them, but don't act like he is overrated because he isn't, people just gloss over what he has done, he took the Heat to 7 games when his supporting cast was injured

MichaelCorleone
02-18-2014, 08:44 PM
Sure, he became better with them, but don't act like he is overrated because he isn't, people just gloss over what he has done, he took the Heat to 7 games when his supporting cast was injured
Put any other point guard on that 08-10 Celtics team and they contend, maybe even win more than just 1 ring.

The big 3 MADE Rondo.

Kevin_Garnett_5
02-18-2014, 08:46 PM
Why would a pass first PG be the go to scorer?

Black and White
02-18-2014, 08:48 PM
Put any other point guard on that 08-10 Celtics team and they contend, maybe even win more than just 1 ring.

The big 3 MADE Rondo.

Did I not say in my first post his progression had a lot to do with the Big 3/Doc??? Learn to read man.

Black and White
02-18-2014, 08:49 PM
He didn't carry shit. That wasn't his team. lol at this clown.

Thats why members of the big 3 and Doc himself were saying that the team is his right?

Milbuck
02-18-2014, 08:55 PM
God I hope Rondo returns to form soon just to shut up these idiots who forgot how good he was. Next people are gonna act like 2011 Rose was just a marginally better Brandon Jennings..

CelticBaller
02-18-2014, 08:56 PM

Leading his team to the finals doesn't count huh? :oldlol:

Guess Dwight hasn't done shit

On topic: those guys pushed him hard to step up, they had groomed him to be the leader as of 2010 and even KG acknowledge by that time he taught him too much. He used to get into argument with the Big 3 :oldlol:

CelticBaller
02-18-2014, 08:57 PM
Thats why members of the big 3 and Doc himself were saying that the team is his right?
YGS is a fatass clown who is just happy his team got relevant this year. Just act like he's special needs

MichaelCorleone
02-18-2014, 08:58 PM
Let me put it this way. It's a fact.

Rajon Rondo is a phenomenal player, great point guard with high iq and court vision. Almost a Jason Kidd clone. But he lacks leadership, that was why he could succeed with the big 3 veteran, he has a long way to go in terms of being the sole leader on a team.

JohnFreeman
02-18-2014, 08:58 PM
Best point guard when healthy. Shits on CP3

MichaelCorleone
02-18-2014, 08:59 PM
Best point guard when healthy. Shits on CP3
Goran Dragic, Russell Westbrook and Stephen Curry say no.:no:

Black and White
02-18-2014, 09:00 PM
God I hope Rondo returns to form soon just to shut up these idiots who forgot how good he was. Next people are gonna act like 2011 Rose was just a marginally better Brandon Jennings..

This right here,

God, it's like they are forgetting he was carrying the Celtics against the Heat and pushed them to 7 games.

He is the best playoff PG behind probably a Tony Parker (of the current Pgs)

CelticBaller
02-18-2014, 09:01 PM

Rajon Rondo is a phenomenal player, great point guard with high iq and court vision. Almost a Jason Kidd clone. But he lacks leadership, that was why he could succeed with the big 3 veteran, he has a long way to go in terms of being the sole leader on a team.
That's why the Big 3 claimed he was the leader in 2010 right?

He's won as much as LeBron as the sole leader of their team

Black and White
02-18-2014, 09:01 PM

Rajon Rondo does not lack leadership, many times Doc would just let him run the floor without saying anything, players without leadership qualities don't get trusted to run an offense dude :facepalm

Black and White
02-18-2014, 09:02 PM
YGS is a fatass clown who is just happy his team got relevant this year. Just act like he's special needs

Trolls are reaching to new levels, Rondo is the last player that I thought people would call overrated

MichaelCorleone
02-18-2014, 09:03 PM
Leadership on the court, sure he's a proven player.

But all we've heard BEHIND closed doors is how he ruins chemistry and chase away players (Allen) and did not get along with so and so...But that's not his ability, but his personality at work. So he still needs to learn how to get a team to unite, he has the tools as a player to chase the championship, but does he have to drive to bring a team along with him?

YouGotServed
02-18-2014, 09:07 PM
lmao @ these clowns catching feelings because I don't go along with their fairy tales. Rondo hasn't done shit without the big 3. Fact. Hasn't done anything praise worthy post Big 3 era, basically as the go-to guy. Fact.

Like I said. Living in the past off the glory days in the KG-Pierce-Allen era.

JohnFreeman
02-18-2014, 09:09 PM
Trolls are reaching to new levels, Rondo is the last player that I thought people would call overrated
They are not people

Black and White
Leadership on the court, sure he's a proven player.

But all we've heard BEHIND closed doors is how he ruins chemistry and chase away players (Allen) and did not get along with so and so...But that's not his ability, but his personality at work. So he still needs to learn how to get a team to unite, he has the tools as a player to chase the championship, but does he have to drive to bring a team along with him?

If he gets the job done on the court does it matter??

Sure he has had issues with players but lets not act like hes the only one, players butt heads, it happens, but he leads from the front, esentially he is the perfect point guard by definition of the role

CelticBaller
lmao @ these clowns catching feelings because I don't go along with their fairy tales. Rondo hasn't done shit without the big 3. Fact. Hasn't done anything praise worthy post Big 3 era, basically as the go-to guy. Fact.

What Dwight has done after the Van Gundy era?

What have the rockets done after the Olajuwon era?

God you're and idiot when you try to hard

MichaelCorleone
02-18-2014, 09:11 PM
If he gets the job done on the court does it matter??

Sure he has had issues with players but lets not act like hes the only one, players butt heads, it happens, but he leads from the front, esentially he is the perfect point guard by definition of the role
Maybe you're right, so far he's proven to be effective on the court. But you CANNOT deny the importance of team chemistry. If Rondo wants another ring or more, he has to change his way in terms of bringing a cohesive team together.

Black and White
02-18-2014, 09:11 PM
They are not people

This is a good point

YouGotServed
02-18-2014, 09:13 PM
What Dwight has done after the Van Gundy era?

What have the rockets done after the Olajuwon era?

God you're and idiot when you try to hard

are u ok?

I'm not even talking championships. That's asking too much from Rondo.

JohnFreeman
This is a good point
These people still think Howard is better then Cousins. I laugh.

Black and White

What was KG and Pierce after about 2011? They both struggled with injuries, lets not act like they were in thier prime or something, and after Ray Allen left they were a shell of themselves, he can only do so much,

then Rondo got injured and has been out for a long time, he hasn't had a real run yet.

Stop being delusional

Black and White
02-18-2014, 09:14 PM
Maybe you're right, so far he's proven to be effective on the court. But you CANNOT deny the importance of team chemistry. If Rondo wants another ring or more, he has to change his way in terms of bringing a cohesive team together.

Maybe he will, when you have that many egos in a locker room they are bound to butt heads, even LeBron and Wade had their moments, I have no doubt he can be a locker room leader, he hasn't had a real chance yet

Black and White
02-18-2014, 09:15 PM
These people still think Howard is better then Cousins. I laugh.

YGS is a nothing poster

JohnFreeman
02-18-2014, 09:16 PM
YGS is a nothing poster
Yep.

MichaelCorleone
02-18-2014, 09:17 PM
Maybe he will, when you have that many egos in a locker room they are bound to butt heads, even LeBron and Wade had their moments, I have no doubt he can be a locker room leader, he hasn't had a real chance yet
In a way, the silver lining of the whole "drama" in Boston with the big 3 might have taught a lesson to Rondo in terms of gelling with players, good/great players in the future. I have no doubt he will contend, but the important question is, with whom?

CelticBaller
02-18-2014, 09:18 PM
are u ok?

I'm not even talking championships. That's asking too much from Rondo.
The same could be said about Dwert

YouGotServed
02-18-2014, 09:19 PM
then Rondo got injured and has been out for a long time, he hasn't had a real run yet.

Stop being delusional

Rondo's been out for a long time and hasn't had a "real" run of his own. I agree. Tell you what. I'll set the bar even lower. Making the playoffs in the East. That works?

Black and White
02-18-2014, 09:19 PM
In a way, the silver lining of the whole "drama" in Boston with the big 3 might have taught a lesson to Rondo in terms of gelling with players, good/great players in the future. I have no doubt he will contend, but the important question is, with whom?

That all remains to be seen, depends on what Ainge is planning

CelticBaller
02-18-2014, 09:23 PM
Rondo's been out for a long time and hasn't had a "real" run of his own. I agree. Tell you what. I'll set the bar even lower. Making the playoffs in the East. That works?
this team is built to lose and plays rondo for 20 minutes :oldlol:

Black and White
02-18-2014, 09:23 PM

Look, let me set things straight, you are in no position to call another player overrated with a player like James Harden on your team.

MichaelCorleone
02-18-2014, 09:24 PM
YouGotServed really needs to understand the concept of tanking in relation the NBA draft.:facepalm

JohnFreeman
02-18-2014, 09:26 PM
Look, let me set things straight, you are in no position to call another player overrated with a player like James Harden on your team.
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Kevin-Garnett-Reaction-at-2013-Dunk-Contest.gif

YouGotServed
02-18-2014, 09:29 PM

You have no argument so you decide to bring Harden into the discussion. Irrelevant. Quite sad, actually.

this team is built to lose and plays rondo for 20 minutes :oldlol:

What other excuses do you have for me brodie?

MichaelCorleone
02-18-2014, 09:30 PM
You understand that teams tank right?

Black and White
02-18-2014, 09:30 PM
You have no argument so you decide to bring Harden into the discussion. Irrelevant. Quite sad, actually.

When you call someone like Rondo overrated you pretty much lose all credibility, not that you had any to begin with.

CelticBaller
02-18-2014, 09:31 PM
You understand that teams tank right?
he doesn't, his team got stuck in mediocrity for several years :oldlol:

JohnFreeman
02-18-2014, 09:33 PM
Even Houston don't give a shit about the Rockets :oldlol:

Black and White
02-18-2014, 09:33 PM

Ahhhh, the dreaded black hole, really a nothing team tbh

MichaelCorleone
02-18-2014, 09:34 PM
Maybe, but they just became a contender, so I don't blame him for his superiority. But he CLEARLY doesn't watch the Celtics, especially not in the playoffs, so why is his mouth moving?:confusedshrug:

YouGotServed
02-18-2014, 09:34 PM
When you call someone like Rondo overrated you pretty much lose all credibility, not that you had any to begin with.

So I said Rondo is overrated. Cry me a river. What more bullshit do you have left to spew, buddy? When losing an argument, attack the poster. Classic.

CelticBaller
02-18-2014, 09:36 PM
Maybe, but they just became a contender, so I don't blame him for his superiority.
can't talk shit considering his team is about to hit the 20 years finals drought

Black and White
02-18-2014, 09:41 PM
So I said Rondo is overrated. Cry me a river. What more bullshit do you have left to spew, buddy? When losing an argument, attack the poster. Classic.

2012 NBA ECF:

Game 1: 16/9/7

Game 2: 44/10/8

Game 3: 21/6/10

Game 4: 15/5/15

Game 5: 7/6/13

Game 6: 21/10/4

Game 7: 22/14/10

Averages: 20/8.5/9.5

Almost averaging a triple double, against the HEAT

and he is overrated :rolleyes:

JohnFreeman
02-18-2014, 09:43 PM
2012 NBA ECF:

I think he is trolling? If not he is stupid as hell

MichaelCorleone
02-18-2014, 09:43 PM
2012 NBA ECF:

What I mentioned in page 1 was he's overrated in the regular season and AS OF NOW.

But yeah, back then he was a beast, like I said, Jason Kidd clone.

Black and White
02-18-2014, 09:45 PM
What I mentioned in page 1 was he's overrated in the regular season and AS OF NOW.

But yeah, back then he was a beast, like I said, Jason Kidd clone.

They have him on restricted mins this season, we have to wait till next season to judge him

Black and White
02-18-2014, 09:46 PM
I think he is trolling? If not he is stupid as hell

This is the correct answer

MichaelCorleone
02-18-2014, 09:46 PM
They have him on restricted mins this season, we have to wait till next season to judge him
Sure, that's fair.

But back on topic, without KG, Pierce, Allen, Would Rondo Have Become As Good? No, he won't. He'll be the same walking triple double because that is his skill sets, but he won't be there mentally.

Black and White
02-18-2014, 09:48 PM
Sure, that's fair.

But back on topic, without KG, Pierce, Allen, Would Rondo Have Become As Good? No, he won't. He'll be the same walking triple double because that is his skill sets, but he won't be there mentally.

Agreed, but to be fair most NBA players need mentors or something to happen to them to mature or mold into a leader/star player.

MichaelCorleone
02-18-2014, 09:49 PM
Agreed, but to be fair most NBA players need mentors or something to happen to them to mature or mold into a leader/star player.
Yeah, it's a process of growing as a player. Lebron needed that loss to the Mavs and his struggle with Wade to be the player and champion he is now.

To single out Rondo as a sole example of benefiting from other superstars isn't fair.

Black and White
02-18-2014, 09:50 PM
Yeah, it's a process of growing as a player. Lebron needed that loss to the Mavs and his struggle with Wade to be the player and champion he is now.

To single out Rondo as a sole example of benefiting from other superstars isn't fair.

Yep Bran needed that to mature into what he is today, Rondo wouldn't have molded into the player he is if he wasn't mentally strong to begin with tho, KG is a lot to deal with

MichaelCorleone
02-18-2014, 09:54 PM
Yep Bran needed that to mature into what he is today, Rondo wouldn't have molded into the player he is if he wasn't mentally strong to begin with tho, KG is a lot to deal with
Yeah, you play with Garnett, especially on a contender, you need to seriously keep up. That's why I said Rondo is mentally on a higher level because of playing with veteran superstars, and winning a ring doesn't hurt too.:cheers:

Black and White
02-18-2014, 09:55 PM
Yeah, you play with Garnett, especially on a contender, you need to seriously keep up. That's why I said Rondo is mentally on a higher level because of playing with veteran superstars, and winning a ring doesn't hurt too.:cheers:

Yep, it was sad what happened after though because the team was plauged with injuries, made it to the finals, Perk goes down :facepalm

YouGotServed
02-18-2014, 09:56 PM
Yikes, your reading comprehension is pretty bad. Elementary-like.

Post more stats for games in which Rondo still played alongside Boston's Big 3. Yeah, that counters my point. :oldlol:

What his stats look like the last 24 months? First round exit? Injured, DNP?

JohnFreeman
02-18-2014, 09:58 PM

Post more stats for games in which Rondo still played alongside Boston's Big 3. Yeah, that counters my point. :oldlol:

:facepalm

MichaelCorleone
02-18-2014, 09:59 PM

No HOU game on, and we have to put up with this...

Black and White
02-18-2014, 10:00 PM

This needs to go in the cringe thread, mocking an injury???

JohnFreeman
02-18-2014, 10:02 PM
If I remember correctly, Rondo came back in the game after dislocating his elbow against MIA

Black and White
02-18-2014, 10:06 PM
If I remember correctly, Rondo came back in the game after dislocating his elbow against MIA

Correct, he finished the game off, that takes some serious willpower

MichaelCorleone
02-18-2014, 10:07 PM
Heat vs Celtics Game 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VizIxsEZkXw

YouGotServed
02-18-2014, 10:08 PM

This needs to go in the 'dumbest posts you've ever read' thread. My god you are dumb, and this is ISH so that's saying something. For Christ's sake.

:oldlol:

Wally450
02-18-2014, 10:11 PM

Your comparing 6 years to 2 months. Solid logic.

Embers
02-18-2014, 10:14 PM
His lack of shooting was completely negated by the big 3 for sure. Saying otherwise would mean your a Celtic fan living in denial

I only see Houston as a good situation for him because of this. His top skill of passing will serve well because in reality he will have a team of shooters around him here in Harden, Parsons and to a smaller extent Terence Jones who looks to have a good jumper on him

Black and White
02-18-2014, 10:16 PM
This needs to go in the 'dumbest posts you've ever read' thread. My god you are dumb, and this is ISH so that's saying something. For Christ's sake.

:oldlol:

The sooner you get banned the better, just because you have some ridiculous agenda against Rondo.

YouGotServed
02-18-2014, 10:28 PM
T-Jones doesn't have a jumper. Houston doesn't have shooters. Parsons is the only true shooter, Harden is streaky and the rest of the team is below average. Houston doesn't live and die by the 3. That's a lie uninformed box score reading fvck bois like to throw around. This isn't 2013 anymore. IIRC, Houston is not even top 20 in 3 pt%, and yet they have the 3rd best record in the West.

B&W, Jesus what a cry baby you are. Just because I find Rondo overrated doesn't mean I have some sort of vendetta against him. He isn't LeBron, he's no franchise changer. Quit crying like a bitch. And yes he's overrated. Hasn't done anything praise worthy in 24 months. That's fact.

JohnFreeman
T-Jones doesn't have a jumper. Houston doesn't have shooters. Parsons is the only true shooter, Harden is streaky and the rest of the team is below average. Houston doesn't live and die by the 3. That's a lie uninformed box score reading fvck bois like to throw around. This isn't 2013 anymore. IIRC, Houston is not even top 20 in 3 pt%, and yet they have the 3rd best record in the West.

B&W, Jesus what a cry baby you are. Just because I find Rondo overrated doesn't mean I have some sort of vendetta against him. He isn't LeBron, he's no franchise changer. Quit crying like a bitch. And yes he's overrated. Hasn't done anything praise worthy in 24 months. That's fact.
Here come the excuses for the inevitable playoff bounce

CelticBaller

Damn this ****** hit you hard, they got you calling names

You're weak bro :oldlol:

Black and White
02-18-2014, 10:32 PM

Lol making excuses for your team already?? Other Rockets fans on this forum have admitted you guys are stacked with shooters.

Yea he isn't LeBron James, but he is the guy that took it to LeBron James and the rest of his team and forced him to play one of the best games of his career to save his team from an ECF exit, Rondo is an elite player, when healthy he is a top 2 pg in the league, this is a fact.

CelticBaller
02-18-2014, 10:33 PM
:lebroncry:

JohnFreeman
02-18-2014, 10:40 PM
YouGotServed

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/ron-swanson-computer-throw-out-parks-and-rec.gif

YouGotServed
02-18-2014, 10:44 PM
Lol making excuses for your team already?? Other Rockets fans on this forum have admitted you guys are stacked with shooters.

Yea he isn't LeBron James, but he is the guy that took it to LeBron James and the rest of his team and forced him to play one of the best games of his career to save his team from an ECF exit, Rondo is an elite player, when healthy he is a top 2 pg in the league, this is a fact.

lol again dude, your reading comprehension is garbage. I was giving Houston a compliment, the "they don't live and die by the 3" gave it away no?

I don't care what Rondo did two years ago when he had KG, Pierce and Allen. He's been ghost ever since. Not a month, not 6, but 24. What makes you think what he did years ago is relevant now? Should Laker fans bring up what Kobe did two years ago? Why should it be limited to two years? Arbitrary. Why not go back 3 years? 2011 Dwight anyone?

Oh wait, can't go back 3 years. Only 2. Fits your narrative quite well. Rondo hasnt been an elite PG for years now. Fact.

JohnFreeman
02-18-2014, 10:47 PM
lol again dude, your reading comprehension is garbage. I was giving Houston a compliment, the "they don't live and die by the 3" gave it away no?

I don't care what Rondo did two years ago when he had KG, Pierce and Allen. He's been ghost ever since. Not a month, not 6, but 24. What makes you think what he did years ago is relevant now? Should Laker fans bring up what Kobe did two years ago? Why should it be limited to two years? Arbitrary. Why not go back 3 years? 2011 Dwight anyone?

Oh wait, can't go back 3 years. Only 2. Fits your narrative quite well. Rondo hasnt been an elite PG for years now. Fact.

3rd in the west
multiple DPOYs
finals appearance
rebounding titles
multiple all NBA 1st teams
multiple all NBA defensive teams
multiple all star game appearances
not last in the west

"L", doe.

History don't matter though? using Howard's past achievements to say he is better then Cousins? :roll:

Black and White
02-18-2014, 10:49 PM

Facts: last 24 months, playing with an old cast plagued with injuries, that isn't going anywhere, fact: Rajon Rondo went down with a serious injury, fact: they have brought him back after a few months into the season and keeping him on limited minutes as they are TANKING, have you not though about that? If they played him more they would win more games which would inhibit the TANK, if he was as overrated as you say he is he would be playing max mins because his play would have no affect on the team right? Right????

Black and White
02-18-2014, 10:50 PM
History don't matter though? using Howard's past achievements to say he is better then Cousins? :roll:

Etherman strikes again, straight killed this dude :oldlol:

JohnFreeman
02-18-2014, 10:52 PM
Etherman strikes again, straight killed this dude :oldlol:
He is a straight up fvckboy

Black and White
02-18-2014, 10:53 PM
He is a straight up fvckboy

One of the most delusional, uneducated posters I have come across

YouGotServed
02-18-2014, 10:57 PM
Rondo hasn't done shit without the big 3 and instead lives off of the reputation he once had thanks to KG, Pierce and Allen. case in point:

Facts: last 24 months, playing with an old cast plagued with injuries, that isn't going anywhere, fact: Rajon Rondo went down with a serious injury, fact: they have brought him back after a few months into the season and keeping him on limited minutes as they are TANKING, have you not though about that? If they played him more they would win more games which would inhibit the TANK, if he was as overrated as you say he is he would be playing max mins because his play would have no affect on the team right? Right????

dude is literally giving me a list of excuses on why we should give Rondo a pass for the last two years. lmao

the irony tho, "this isn't 2011 Dwight anymore".

^ same kid who said that is the one claiming Rondo is elite because of what he did two years ago. lol

chazzy
02-18-2014, 10:57 PM
IIRC, Houston is not even top 20 in 3 pt%
They sure like to shoot em still, since they're #1 in 3PA

And yes he's overrated. Hasn't done anything praise worthy in 24 months. That's fact.
I agree he's overrated, but his Heat series was factually praise worthy. And he only played half a season without Ray Allen before tearing his ACL

CelticBaller
02-18-2014, 10:58 PM
rondo put out 18 pts and 10 ast the game before the AS week doe :roll:

Black and White
02-18-2014, 11:03 PM
Rondo hasn't done shit without the big 3 and instead lives off of the reputation he once had thanks to KG, Pierce and Allen. case in point:

dude is literally giving me a list of excuses on why we should give Rondo a pass for the last two years. lmao

the irony tho, "this isn't 2011 Dwight anymore".

^ same kid who said that is the one claiming Rondo is elite because of what he did two years ago. lol

A fully healthy Rondo is an elite PG, nobody would doubt that. I don't see your point there.

YouGotServed
02-18-2014, 11:07 PM
A fully healthy Rondo is an elite PG, nobody would doubt that. I don't see your point there.

what has he done the last two years? We both know the answer. hence saying he's an elite pg does make him one of if not the most overrated point guard in the league. fact.

DMV2
02-18-2014, 11:08 PM
Only argument Rondo has for being elite and Top 2 PG is in the playoffs. A lot of that has to do with the team he had with the Big 3 and Doc Rivers coaching.

He hasn't shown he can lead a team in a full season and playoffs yet, though. Even he showed he was on the same level as KG, PP, Allen in 2010, the team struggled a bit before eventually winning the Atlantic and settling at #4. They turned the switch in the playoffs, obviously. Atlantic division was shitty too.

Rondo is only overrated when you call him a franchise player. He's not there yet. That's what YGS said, and he's completely correct.

Black and White
02-18-2014, 11:08 PM
what has he done the last two years? We both know the answer. hence saying he's an elite pg does make him one of if not the most overrated point guard in the league. fact.

It's not fair to use the last 2 years as a gauge to measure Rondo. It's like judging Kobe for his 6 games or whatever this season.

CelticBaller
02-18-2014, 11:09 PM
what has he done the last two years?
Led his team a game away from the ECF?

Name another Elite PG who have done anything close to the same please?

What has Dwight or the Rockets done in the last 2 years?

Weak

Black and White
02-18-2014, 11:10 PM
Only argument Rondo has for being elite and Top 2 PG is in the playoffs. A lot of that has to do with the team he had with the Big 3 and Doc Rivers coaching.

He hasn't shown he can lead a team in a full season and playoffs yet, though. Even he showed he was on the same level as KG, PP, Allen in 2010, the team struggled a bit before eventually winning the Atlantic and settling at #4. They turned the switch in the playoffs, obviously. Atlantic division was shitty too.

Rondo is only overrated when you call him a franchise player. He's not there yet. That's what YGS said, and he's completely correct.

Turning it up in the playoffs is exactly what you want from a player, someone who can elevate their play when it gets to the next level.

Now if you read my first post in this thread you will see that I said the big 3 and Doc are the ones that moulded him, but he hasn't really had the chance to show what he can do on his own yet.

YouGotServed
02-18-2014, 11:14 PM
It's not fair to use the last 2 years as a gauge to measure Rondo. It's like judging Kobe for his 6 games or whatever this season.

:cry: You can't do that. It's unfair to Rondo. Cry more bro.

Dude really say two years isn't a big enough sample size tho? lmao. I've heard it all folks.

yes it's completely fair. I don't believe in double standards. again people. the same kid who says Howard can't be judged by what he did 3 years ago is the same one claiming Rondo is an elite PG because of what he did 2 years ago.

lol

Black and White
02-18-2014, 11:17 PM
:cry: You can't do that. It's unfair to Rondo. Cry more bro.

Dude really say two years isn't a big enough sample size tho? lmao. I've heard it all folks.

yes it's completely fair. I don't believe in double standards. again people. the same kid who says Howard can't be judged by what he did 3 years ago is the same one claiming Rondo is an elite PG because of what he did 2 years ago.

lol

How much has Rondo played??? The dude went down with a serious injury, stop acting like a douche, and before he got injured the team he was playing on was barely healthy.

DMV2
02-18-2014, 11:17 PM
Turning it up in the playoffs is exactly what you want from a player, someone who can elevate their play when it gets to the next level.

Now if you read my first post in this thread you will see that I said the big 3 and Doc are the ones that moulded him, but he hasn't really had the chance to show what he can do on his own yet.
No doubt, playoffs are what you live for. I just don't think you can call him an elite player yet based on overall body of work. And it sucks that he's been injured and the Celtics are rebuilding.

But the good thing is, the Atlantic division sucks ass and should suck for the next couple of years, if Boston can get the right pieces then we'll see if Rondo can be that elite franchise player.

Black and White
02-18-2014, 11:22 PM
No doubt, playoffs are what you live for. I just don't think you can call him an elite player yet based on overall body of work. And it sucks that he's been injured and the Celtics are rebuilding.

But the good thing is, the Atlantic division sucks ass and should suck for the next couple of years, if Boston can get the right pieces then we'll see if Rondo can be that elite franchise player.

Thats what I'm saying, the team he was playing with when he got injured was barely a team that he could lead deep into the playoffs anyway, thats why I think that he is getting a raw deal from YGS being judged on a tanking season

to put it in perspective, the season he went down he was averaging

13.7/11/5 on 48% shooting

Chris Paul that season:

16.9/9/3.7 on 48%

Chris Paul was clearly better, but Rondo wasn't playing badly considering he is a pass first PG

YouGotServed
02-18-2014, 11:26 PM
How much has Rondo played??? The dude went down with a serious injury, stop acting like a douche, and before he got injured the team he was playing on was barely healthy.
I'm not being a douche. I'm stating facts. Rondo hasn't done anything the last couple of seasons for anyone to claim he's still an elite PG.

Stop catching feelings like a high school girl and look at this objectively. hilarious double standard tho.

2011 howard was soooooo 3 years ago. are you going to apply the same logic to Rondo? or are you going to use that logic only when it suits your agenda?

Black and White
02-18-2014, 11:32 PM
I'm not being a douche. I'm stating facts. Rondo hasn't done anything the last couple of seasons for anyone to claim he's still an elite PG.

Stop catching feelings like a high school girl and look at this objectively. hilarious double standard tho.

2011 howard was soooooo 3 years ago. are you going to apply the same logic to Rondo? or are you going to use that logic only when it suits your agenda?

You are saying 24 months (24 months = 2 years) for Rondo correct? So why are you talking about 2011 Howard? This is a failed arguement

YouGotServed
02-18-2014, 11:37 PM
You are saying 24 months (24 months = 2 years) for Rondo correct? So why are you talking about 2011 Howard? This is a failed arguement

Post # 89 should answer that. Atta boy, tho. I applaud the effort.

Are you going to apply the same logic or are you going to flip flop and back peddle? Which one is it?

Black and White
02-18-2014, 11:41 PM
Post # 89 should answer that. Atta boy, tho. I applaud the effort.

Are you going to apply the same logic or are you going to flip flop and back peddle? Which one is it?

How many games did Dwight Howard miss in comparison to Rondo?

YouGotServed
02-18-2014, 11:43 PM
How many games did Dwight Howard miss in comparison to Rondo?

When? 2011? 2012? 2013? C'mon son. Step ^ your posting game.

Black and White
02-18-2014, 11:49 PM
When? 2011? 2012? 2013? C'mon son. Step ^ your posting game.

I have to post at a lower level for you to understand anything.

If you want to go back 3 years, you have to include his playoff run then, so I don't know what you are trying to say, point is, you lost, everyone buried you, go debate about a team that you actually know something about

Pushxx
02-18-2014, 11:51 PM

I would rank Rondo around 4-8 in each year of playoffs but still that doesn't mean anything. He had a good squad that made deep CF runs those years. Replace him on those teams with legit stars like Tony Parker, Chris Paul, Russell Westbrook, Derrick Rose, etc then the Celtics might actually win something.

5th best player in the playoffs doesn't mean anything, but if it helps you sleep better at night then go for it. GL winning with Raon Rondo as your best player

Rondo carried them past the Cavs and Magic, and got them within 1 quarter of a championship when Pierce and Ray couldn't hit a shot.

Parker over Rondo in 2012? What?

Rondo: 19 GP, 17.3 PPG, 12 APG, 6.7 RPG, 2.4 SPG, 47% FG
Parker: 14 GP, 20.1 PPG, 6.8 APG, 3.6 RPG, .9 SPG, 45.3% FG

You are delusional.

JohnFreeman
02-18-2014, 11:53 PM
Rondo carried them past the Cavs and Magic, and got them within 1 quarter of a championship when Pierce and Ray couldn't hit a shot.

Parker over Rondo in 2012? What?

Rondo: 19 GP, 17.3 PPG, 12 APG, 6.7 RPG, 2.4 SPG, 47% FG
Parker: 14 GP, 20.1 PPG, 6.8 APG, 3.6 RPG, .9 SPG, 45.3% FG

You are delusional.
I don't think these people ever watched Rondo play..He is the best PG when healthy

YouGotServed
02-18-2014, 11:58 PM
I have to post at a lower level for you to understand anything.

If you want to go back 3 years, you have to include his playoff run then, so I don't know what you are trying to say, point is, you lost, everyone buried you, go debate about a team that you actually know something about

lmao @ this hissy fit. I didn't go back 2 or 3 years, you did. I was simply following your logic.

You say Howard can't be evaluated/judged by what he did 3 years ago (he averaged the same numbers the following year in 2012, but hey, I don't want to be mean. gotta give u a chance to state your case) yet you claim Rondo is an elite PG precisely because of what he did two years ago?

dat double standard. you gonna apply the same logic to Rondo or are you going to use that argument only when it fits your narrative?

Black and White
02-19-2014, 12:04 AM
lmao @ this hissy fit. I didn't go back 2 or 3 years, you did. I was simply following your logic.

You say Howard can't be evaluated/judged by what he did 3 years ago (he averaged the same numbers the following year in 2012, but hey, I don't want to be mean. gotta give u a chance to state your case) yet you claim Rondo is an elite PG precisely because of what he did two years ago?

dat double standard. you gonna apply the same logic to Rondo or are you going to use that argument only when it fits your narrative?

Ok so you want to judge him coming off an ACL tear playing limited minutes on a tanking team then?

YouGotServed
02-19-2014, 12:08 AM
Ok so you want to judge him coming off an ACL tear playing limited minutes on a tanking team then?
I'm not judging anyone buddy. I'm saying the fact that people like you still think Rondo is elite despite not having done anything the last two years does indeed make him one of the most overrated pgs in the league. That is fact.

Black and White
02-19-2014, 12:11 AM
I'm not judging anyone buddy. I'm saying the fact that people like you still think Rondo is elite despite not having done anything the last two years does indeed make him one of the most overrated pgs in the league. That is fact.

That proves it, you are the one that came up with the time frame arguement :oldlol: you use the 2 years where he is a) injured and b) playing with a twilight supporting cast.

JohnFreeman
02-19-2014, 12:12 AM
Black and White still ethering

YouGotServed
02-19-2014, 12:16 AM
That proves it, you are the one that came up with the time frame arguement :oldlol: you use the 2 years where he is a) injured and b) playing with a twilight supporting cast.

I'm simply asking you to stay consistent. You say Rondo is elite because of what he did two years ago no?

Why can't this be applied to Howard? Remember, I'm following your logic. Dwight averaged the same numbers in 2012. So again. Going by your logic. Houston still has an elite big man, prime Dwight Howard. Agree?

Black and White
02-19-2014, 12:19 AM
I'm simply asking you to stay consistent. You say Rondo is elite because of what he did two years ago no?

Why can't this be applied to Howard? Remember, I'm following your logic. Dwight averaged the same numbers in 2012. So again. Going by your logic. Houston still has an elite big man, prime Dwight Howard. Agree?

Rondo and Howards cases are completely seperate, did Dwight miss as many games as Rondo?????

YouGotServed
02-19-2014, 12:29 AM
Rondo and Howards cases are completely seperate, did Dwight miss as many games as Rondo?????

You know, if anything the point you bring up goes against your argument. Rondo can't even stay healthy, so his value decreases even more. You are saying we should give him a chance to prove himself no?

They're not completely separate. Did you conveniently forget about Howard's back injury? Sorry buddy, but you have to stay consistent, otherwise it becomes a double standard.

Applying the same logic:

If Rondo is an elite PG because of what he did 2 yrs ago, then that means Houston Dwight Howard is an elite big man, still in his prime.

Or:

Rondo is not an elite PG, he hasn't done anything the past two years for anyone of us to claim he's elite.
Dwight Howard isn't in his prime anymore, this isn't 2012. He is no longer elite.

See how I applied the same logic? So which one is it?

MMM
02-19-2014, 01:08 AM

Rondo clearly outplayed LeBron in the 2010 playoffs though that was somewhat due to LeBron disappearing after game 3. Rondo had a great series nevertheless and a great playoff run. Same thing could be said about every season from 2009 to 2012. I really don't think it is hard as you make it seem to win with Rondo as the best player. In fact they were a quarter away from doing that in 2010 against a great Lakers team. Many of the Pgs you've mentioned have not really been in that situation despite having good teams themselves.

tpols
02-19-2014, 01:23 AM
It definitely helped.. turned Rondo into one of the best playoff performer PG since 2010.

Post CP3, D-Rose, Westbrook playoff series of

21/12/6, 54FG
24/8/4, 51FG
19/12/7, 50FG
21/11/7, 48FG

All with elite defense. Rondo's surely comparable.. hes been the best player in a series featuring Lebron James, Ray Allen, KG etc.

I.R.Beast
02-19-2014, 01:31 AM
I'm a celtic Fan... ROndo is overrated trash.... We need to get rid of him...He's nothing without the big 3. They Made him. He was a liability on offense and his excessiv ball domination and assists whoring made our offense stagnant. He has a horrible attitude and he makes his teammates one dimensional. Ship him somewhere where he can ride to coat tails of another big 3...

Pushxx
02-19-2014, 01:38 AM
I'm a celtic Fan... ROndo is overrated trash.... We need to get rid of him...He's nothing without the big 3. They Made him. He was a liability on offense and his excessiv ball domination and assists whoring made our offense stagnant. He has a horrible attitude and he makes his teammates one dimensional. Ship him somewhere where he can ride to coat tails of another big 3...

It was Doc's system and personnel that made the offense stagnant.

And I don't see where he has a bad attitude. Other than salty Ray Allen, every teammate of Rondo's has called him a hard-working and sacrificial teammate. Scalabrine debunked that myth many times. He practices as hard as anybody and puts it all out on the floor for his team.

Rondo has been the overall most successful point guard in the playoffs of the last 5 years.

FaceBack
02-19-2014, 02:51 AM
Rondo is the best the NBA has ever seen at beating guys off the dribble. There's a reason everyone gives him 4 feet of space; he can't shoot and you can't ball pressure him. It's been that way since his Eastern HS days.

ProfessorMurder
02-19-2014, 03:24 AM
It definitely helped.. turned Rondo into one of the best playoff performer PG since 2010.

Post CP3, D-Rose, Westbrook playoff series of

21/12/6, 54FG
24/8/4, 51FG
19/12/7, 50FG
21/11/7, 48FG

All with elite defense. Rondo's surely comparable.. hes been the best player in a series featuring Lebron James, Ray Allen, KG etc.

*Since 2009 actually. His series against the bulls was unreal.

DMV2
04-23-2015, 10:09 AM
YouGotServed and DMV2 are the greatest posters of all-time. :pimp:

Nick Young
04-23-2015, 11:55 AM
No way. Being on the court with 3 HOF level midrange and long range shooters would make any average PG look good.

Rondo is a ball dominant PG defensive 7th man level roleplayer. I have been saying it for years. Glad others are starting to see it as well.

Nick Young
04-23-2015, 11:56 AM
Rondo is the best the NBA has ever seen at beating guys off the dribble. There's a reason everyone gives him 4 feet of space; he can't shoot and you can't ball pressure him. It's been that way since his Eastern HS days.
There's a reason he couldn't beat people off the dribble after his HOF shooter buddies left him and stopped giving him all that spacing. People give him 4 feet of space because they want him to shoot his 20% clunky jump shot.

Nick Young
04-23-2015, 11:56 AM
It was Doc's system and personnel that made the offense stagnant.

And I don't see where he has a bad attitude. Other than salty Ray Allen, every teammate of Rondo's has called him a hard-working and sacrificial teammate. Scalabrine debunked that myth many times. He practices as hard as anybody and puts it all out on the floor for his team.

Rondo has been the overall most successful point guard in the playoffs of the last 5 years.
Team USA coaches say he has a bad diva attitude.

TheTruth#34
04-23-2015, 01:20 PM
He's not been the same since his injury. I hope he can get himself back together.

BlackWhiteGreen
04-23-2015, 02:08 PM

You didn't PM me about this thread bro, are you ok?

DMV2
04-23-2015, 02:17 PM
You didn't PM me about this thread bro, are you ok?
Didn't need to, the facts are right in front of us. Rondo sucks without the Big 3.

I just hope this will open your mind a little bit on being an unbiased fan instead of being blind homer like the rest of your fellow Celtic fans.

YouGotServed
04-23-2015, 03:19 PM

God I'm such a genius when it comes to basketball. To everyone who doubted my word: Here, hold this L, b.

The YGS stays winning

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img338/7520/q9amn.png

Derka
04-23-2015, 03:56 PM
People are really enjoying their necro bumps today. Way to go, Rondo.

LiLharvard
04-23-2015, 08:53 PM

Try 10 pts 10 reb 10asts that was the rondo of old. And those were normal stat lines for the man.