3. Ray Allen
4. Robert Horry
5. Derek Fisher
6. Chauncey Billups
7. Kobe Bryant
8. Reggie Miller
9. Paul Pierce
10. Allen Iverson

These are the guys, in my opinion, in NBA history, that are the most fearless shooters of all time. Anyone on this list would not hesitate to take the final shot of the game.

Anyone on this list, will take the biggest shot, on the biggest stage, for all the chips. These are the most cold blooded shooters, in my opinion, of all time. They truly have ice in their veins.

MichaelCorleone
02-18-2014, 08:40 PM
Carmelo Anthony and KD?

IncarceratedBob
02-18-2014, 08:44 PM
Pierce? Seriously? Lol..

Dirk, Walker, Bynum

knicksman
02-18-2014, 08:44 PM
lebron

MichaelCorleone
02-18-2014, 08:45 PM
lebron
Don't try to ruin a good thread you POS.

Milbuck
02-18-2014, 08:47 PM
Not gonna rank them, but here's 10. I'm definitely forgetting a bunch of guys, but whatever.

Reggie
MJ
Kobe
Bird
AI
Dirk
Ray
Curry
KD
Melo

IncarceratedBob
02-18-2014, 08:47 PM
When has lebron ever been afraid to take a big shot? if its the best basketball play then he'll shoot it ever time

02-18-2014, 08:48 PM
Drazen petrovic was pretty fearless.😓

Flash31
1. Michael Jordan
2. Larry Bird
3. Ray Allen
4. Robert Horry
5. Derek Fisher
6. Chauncey Billups
7. Kobe Bryant
8. Reggie Miller
9. Paul Pierce
10. Allen Iverson

These are the guys, in my opinion, in NBA history, that are the most fearless shooters of all time. Anyone on this list would not hesitate to take the final shot of the game.

Anyone on this list, will take the biggest shot, on the biggest stage, for all the chips. These are the most cold blooded shooters, in my opinion, of all time. They truly have ice in their veins.

How is Reggie Miller 8th
Miller thrived in the 4th Quarter and was MR Clutch.
Hell the 8 points in 9 sec,make a 3,steal it and RUN to the 3 pt line and shoot it
the Knicks Series

Out of Those I ld switch the Order

R Miller
Larry Bird
Michael Jordan

though wheres Melo?

JohnFreeman
Pierce? Seriously? Lol..

Dirk, Walker, Bynum
Pierce is clutch as hell

JimmyMcAdocious
Why I saw fearless, I was thinking JR, Baron, and this guy...

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Antoine-Walker-Shimmy.jpg

MichaelCorleone
02-18-2014, 08:49 PM
I think Jerry West deserves a mention.

Dr Hawk
02-18-2014, 08:50 PM
I guess guys like West, Gervin, Maravich and King were fearless too.

MichaelCorleone
02-18-2014, 08:52 PM
We forgot Tracy Mcgrady too.

That Spurs game 13 in 33.:bowdown:

nathanjizzle
02-18-2014, 09:03 PM
melo should be top 5.

MichaelCorleone
02-18-2014, 09:05 PM
My list:

Michael Jordan
Larry Bird
Kobe Bryant
Tracy Mcgrady
Jerry West
Ray Allen
Carmelo Anthony
Reggie Miller
Kevin Durant
Allen Iverson

inclinerator
02-18-2014, 09:12 PM
probably some scrub that will shoot under any circumstance

JT123
02-18-2014, 09:17 PM
:biggums: Nate Robinson?

MichaelCorleone
02-18-2014, 09:18 PM
probably some scrub that will shoot under any circumstance
There's a fine line between fearless and reckless.:cheers:

jstern
02-18-2014, 09:28 PM
I know it's Ray Allen, but he's tainted to me because of his performance in the NBA Finals against the Lakers. They would have won if just played ok, but he just kept missing. And also because I've seen him miss consecutive clutch free throws to win the game. The same with Kobe, two times, two freaking times I've seen him miss consecutive free throws to win the game, and then there's that Utah air ball series. These things leave a mark for me. Actions speak louder than words.

And then there's that same NBA Finals against the Celtics, trying for a comeback in this one game, he seemed full of fight or flight hormones, just forcing up a shot with 3 seconds left, rather than like Jordan, calm as hell fake one way, go another, wide open comfortable relax shot.

Those things ruin it for me.

MichaelCorleone
02-18-2014, 09:29 PM
So many of y'all sleeping on Mcgrady.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-8FksMVAdU

Quickening
02-18-2014, 09:31 PM
Isn't Kobe historically poor in the clutch, dont confuse fearlessness with good acting... his percentage drops to around 25 in clutch situations, terrible.

pauk
When has lebron ever been afraid to take a big shot? if its the best basketball play then he'll shoot it ever time

Yep, but i think OP is talking about guys who would do nothing else but shoot if the game was on the line, no matter who was open, no matter if its the worst play, no matter if its a horrible shot, they just have to take that last shot no matter what... guys like Kobe, Iverson, Jordan, Reggie, West, Carmelo....

MichaelCorleone
Topic says fearless, nothing said about accurate or efficient or fg%.

Quickening
02-18-2014, 09:37 PM

Yes but if your percentage drops signficantly in high pressure situations... you're hardly fearless.

It would be like being a great shooter in practice, but then when you need to take the shot the matters, your hand is shaking and you miss most of the time.

MichaelCorleone
02-18-2014, 09:39 PM
Yes but if your percentage drops signficantly in high pressure situations... you're hardly fearless.

It would be like being a great shooter in practice, but then when you need to take the shot the matters, your hand is shaking and you miss most of the time.
What you're saying is, if you miss a lot but still shoot, it isn't fearless? What?:kobe:

Quickening
02-18-2014, 09:44 PM
What you're saying is, if you miss a lot but still shoot, it isn't fearless? What?:kobe:

Yes...

He shoots because his name is Kobe Bryant, he is the superstar of the team.. he has built up this persona around himself. So he literally has to take the shots or he would get crucified for it. The problem is, he doesn't have the bottle to execute the high pressure plays.

I used to kick goals in rugby for my local team, and I used to struggle if the game was on the line. I would still attempt to kick them, but my percentage would drop, because the pressure got to me.

tpols
02-18-2014, 09:49 PM
Yes...

He shoots because his name is Kobe Bryant, he is the superstar of the team.. he has built up this persona around himself. So he literally has to take the shots or he would get crucified for it. The problem is, he doesn't have the bottle to execute the high pressure plays.

I used to kick goals in rugby for my local team, and I used to struggle if the game was on the line. I would still attempt to kick them, but my percentage would drop, because the pressure got to me.
What you're describing is lebran.. afraid too shoot symptom at the end of games. Kobe's problem if anything is he shoots too much and will even force it over multiple defenders.. obviously a tough shot regardless of the circumstances. If hes able to get some breathing room? Its usually going in.

Quickening
02-18-2014, 09:56 PM
What you're describing is lebran.. afraid too shoot symptom at the end of games. Kobe's problem if anything is he shoots too much and will even force it over multiple defenders.. obviously a tough shot regardless of the circumstances. If hes able to get some breathing room? Its usually going in.

He shoots regardless of the circumstances, because he goes into any game thinking "I have to take the shot because everyone expects me to, whether I am feeling it or not"... which leads to him bottling it and hitting 2 percent in the clutch.

Its like a kid being forced to shoot baskets by his dad in school, he will do it because he feels he has to, but it isnt gonna shoot well.

cliffs: Kobe is beta

MichaelCorleone
02-18-2014, 09:57 PM
He shoots regardless of the circumstances, because he goes into any game thinking "I have to take the shot because everyone expects me to, whether I am feeling it or not"... which leads to him bottling it and hitting 2 percent in the clutch.

Its like a kid being forced to shoot baskets by his dad in school, he will do it because he feels he has to, but it isnt gonna shoot well.

Let's not turn a top 10 thread into a Kobe/Lebron thread, it's about 8 other players too.

tpols
02-18-2014, 10:11 PM

No.. its more like "Give me the ball if I make this shot Ill get all the glory!" and thenproceeds to take ridiculolous 30 footer over two guys.. You think Kobe isnt feeling it when it comes to the last shot? If anything hes overzealous at the mere opportunity and would rather see a miss than give up a chance to be the hero again.:oldlol:

You got it totally wrong.. You did describe bran to a T doe.

Cali Syndicate
02-18-2014, 11:44 PM
How is Vince Carter overlooked this much?

SuperPippen
02-19-2014, 12:58 AM
Jerry "Mr. Clutch" West belongs on that list as much as any of those guys.

Castor Troy
02-19-2014, 03:09 AM
Glad to see Reggie get some love. Though no way is he only 8th like the OP says. My favourite player of all time.

Reggie :bowdown:

Prometheus
02-19-2014, 03:14 AM
Third page and no one has yet mentioned Sam Jones :facepalm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tRHcQeXG9M

hateraid
02-19-2014, 03:44 AM
I have to enter this name into the list:
"The Boston Strangler" Andrew Toney

I can testify that amongst the top 5 fearless shooters listed Toney is shoulder to shoulder with them during his prime and was absolutely feared when he had the ball late in games. My dad would always say in close games with the Celtics, "Don't worry, we got Andrew Toney", then would freek out when he delivered and then say, "I told you!" He regularly took the last shot even with a stacked team including Julius, Moses, and later Barkley. Tim Hardaway and Hersey Hawkins are my 2 favorite players of all-time and he is like a hybrid of the 2 with AI's ambition to close games. He was so clutch that the Celtics actual traded for players to specifically stop him from shooting. Too bad he had such a short prime....

fandarko
02-19-2014, 03:48 AM
1. Michael Jordan
2. Larry Bird
3. Ray Allen
4. Robert Horry
5. Derek Fisher
6. Chauncey Billups
7. Kobe Bryant
8. Reggie Miller
9. Paul Pierce
10. Allen Iverson

Dirk, Durant, Chuck Person...

There were others too, too short a list.

Oh yeah, and 'Toine Walker.

Not to say he was the most responsible shooter...

bdreason
02-19-2014, 03:53 AM
I'll throw Jamal Crawford in there. That guy will take a shot from anywhere on the court, whenever he feels like it.

fandarko
02-19-2014, 04:01 AM

I can testify that amongst the top 5 fearless shooters listed Toney is shoulder to shoulder with them during his prime and was absolutely feared when he had the ball late in games. My dad would always say in close games with the Celtics, "Don't worry, we got Andrew Toney", then would freek out when he delivered and then say, "I told you!" He regularly took the last shot even with a stacked team including Julius, Moses, and later Barkley. Tim Hardaway and Hersey Hawkins are my 2 favorite players of all-time and he is like a hybrid of the 2 with AI's ambition to close games. He was so clutch that the Celtics actual traded for players to specifically stop him from shooting. Too bad he had such a short prime....

You've got this one right...

I started watching the NBA (in Europe) back in 1981, on VHS tapes (from Italian TV actually). I think with the Sixers-Lakers finals (I'm not sure) and Toney was the only shooter featured in these series... I mean you had Norm Nixon and Cheeks at PG, but they didn't exactly light it up. You had Jamaal Wilkes with his awkward shot, DR. J, Moses, Kareem, Magic, but the only shooter in these finals was Toney, impossible to stop with that high release.

I mean, this should be a 50-spot list.

AnaheimLakers24
02-19-2014, 04:10 AM
nate robinson is a good one. so is early boykins every now an tham

Big#50
02-19-2014, 05:23 AM
Rex Chapman
Dan Majerle

toxicxr6
02-19-2014, 10:20 AM
Ok let me see.. You say fearless.. What's there is to fear when shooting??? The only answer is you can fear missing.. So...the answer is

1. Kobe

Dude chucks like no other in history... Would miss a ton of shots and keeps shooting.. He is the GOAT here

Marlo_Stanfield
02-19-2014, 10:34 AM
1.Kobe....
oh nvm i thought OP was most shameless shooter in the history of the NBA:coleman:

Dr.J4ever
02-19-2014, 10:47 AM

This.... You beat me to this post. You're right! Toney is not just among the most fearless shooters in NBA history, but is also among the greatest scorers. I say this without hesitation.

He always played with stacked teams, and was injured early on, but at his peak, he could have moved to any less talented team and easily averaged 30 a night. No question.

tmacattack33
02-19-2014, 11:15 AM
There is a point where fearless becomes stupid and selfish.

And the OP already crossed that line by listing Iverson and Kobe.

AussieG
02-19-2014, 12:02 PM
Exactly.. Kobe should be #1.

hateraid
02-19-2014, 12:50 PM
You've got this one right...

I started watching the NBA (in Europe) back in 1981, on VHS tapes (from Italian TV actually). I think with the Sixers-Lakers finals (I'm not sure) and Toney was the only shooter featured in these series... I mean you had Norm Nixon and Cheeks at PG, but they didn't exactly light it up. You had Jamaal Wilkes with his awkward shot, DR. J, Moses, Kareem, Magic, but the only shooter in these finals was Toney, impossible to stop with that high release.

I mean, this should be a 50-spot list.

This.... You beat me to this post. You're right! Toney is not just among the most fearless shooters in NBA history, but is also among the greatest scorers. I say this without hesitation.

He always played with stacked teams, and was injured early on, but at his peak, he could have moved to any less talented team and easily averaged 30 a night. No question.

:cheers: The man deserves recognition for this trait. He was never afraid to shoot under any circumstance