PDA

View Full Version : 1on1 LBJ vs KD

sbw19
02-19-2014, 02:34 AM
Who wins?

maybeshewill13
02-19-2014, 02:34 AM
Well I know where this thread is going..

http://i.imgur.com/c1cBOaG.gif

kennethgriffin
02-19-2014, 02:35 AM
kobe

Derivative
02-19-2014, 02:35 AM
durant, because lebron wins games, durant wins 1v1

I<3NBA
02-19-2014, 02:39 AM
jump shots can't always fall, but lay ups and dunks have 90% of going in. only way KD can stop Lebron is to foul him every time.

Prometheus
02-19-2014, 02:44 AM
The debate about who is a better basketball player is a hot one right now, and I've been back-and-forth on it all season, but I find it VERY obvious that Durant is a better 1on1 player.

sbw19
02-19-2014, 02:48 AM
http://abload.de/img/screenshot2014-02-19abykp0.png

NBATV poll result, very close as you can see. Inclined to agree, but I wouldn't bet a dime on it.

kennethgriffin
02-19-2014, 02:48 AM
in all honesty.. lebron has a tough time getting by people without a gap or running start...

he would not be good at 1 on 1 cause everything would be an iso face up or post up with nobody to pass to. and when lebrons foot work fails him. then hes doomed. no way out of it

the key to 1 on 1 is the amount of distance a player must give a guy out top... nobody ( unless they have way more superior speed ) can face guard within arms length outside of 20 feet and not get blown by with correct foot work...

lebron would not be able to guard kd's threes.. infact neither guy would..

it would come down to whos knocking down more shots and who has better foot work.

lebron would be forced to just try and post up all day. and his 1 move special ( the over the top left handed bank from 5 feet ) would not get it done enough times to win

ontop of all this kd is a pure scorer whos longer and has more 1 on 1 moves

kd should win... but he could lose

i'd give it to durant 6 games out of 10

KDthunderup
02-19-2014, 02:55 AM
Gotta go with KD.

KD has the better stroke and length which means he is a lot better at getting his shot off 1 on 1, he also has great handles and if Lebron presses up on KD too much he will drive around him. KD would gamble on letting Lebron shoot from outside since his shot isn't as strong and would use his length to make up the distance he would give Lebron enticing him to shoot. Its very obvious that KD is better 1 on 1 as witnessed by their latest encounters with Lebron refusing to take him on, but Lebron has a high IQ and often uses a pick to get the switch to get someone else guarding him.

5 on 5 is a completely different argument though.

NumberSix
02-19-2014, 02:59 AM
The one who weighs more than my sister.

Prometheus
02-19-2014, 03:00 AM
LeBron is honesty not that great of a 1on1 player. He has become good 1on1 in the post the last few seasons, but he lacks the quickness, crossover ability, and midrange pullup to be very dominant 1on1 from the perimeter. It's KD by a wide margin.

The thing is LeBron is better than KD at everything to do with a basketball game other than 1on1 skills.

KDthunderup
02-19-2014, 03:04 AM
The one who weighs more than my sister.
So none of them?

NumberSix
02-19-2014, 03:05 AM
LeBron is honesty not that great of a 1on1 player. He has become good 1on1 in the post the last few seasons, but he lacks the quickness, crossover ability, and midrange pullup to be very dominant 1on1 from the perimeter. It's KD by a wide margin.

The thing is LeBron is better than KD at everything to do with a basketball game other than 1on1 skills.
Defense is a much bigger factor 1on1 than offense is.

hahaitme
02-19-2014, 03:06 AM
The King vs The Servant

Battle of the ages!

RoundMoundOfReb
02-19-2014, 03:06 AM
Why do so many people care about 1 on 1 skills? Makes no sense. Jamal Crawford would probably beat D-Wade 1-on-1. So what?

Prometheus
02-19-2014, 03:09 AM
Defense is a much bigger factor 1on1 than offense is.

While I see what you're getting at, and agree with you that LeBron is a better all-around defensive player than Durant, I think they're fairly equal with their 1on1 defensive ability. LeBron's defense is superior because of his IQ and help defense, ability to play passing lanes and versatility in who he can effectively guard. Doesn't matter in this context.

dabigbaws
02-19-2014, 03:15 AM
durant quite easily tbh.

NumberSix
02-19-2014, 03:27 AM
While I see what you're getting at, and agree with you that LeBron is a better all-around defensive player than Durant, I think they're fairly equal with their 1on1 defensive ability. LeBron's defense is superior because of his IQ and help defense, ability to play passing lanes and versatility in who he can effectively guard. Doesn't matter in this context.
Durant isn't in the same universe as LeBron 1on1 D.

Think for yourself. Stop buying into that "LeBron isn't that good of a man defender" myth that his haters keep pushing. They only say that dumb shit because they kno they can kinda get away with it because there are no stats to immediately disprove their retarded troll posts.

This dumb myth is no different than the idiotic "LeBron can't go left" myth when all facts actually show LeBron is more successful going left than anyone in the league.

If LeBron can stay in front of smaller lightning quick guys like Rose, Parker and CP3, I'm sure he can stay in front of Durant. You'll notice, when Durant scores on LeBron, it's 3s or long 2s. He not taking LeBron to the rim. That all you can do. Force a tough shot. If he makes it, he makes it.

LeBron is a bigger stronger guy than KD. Durant ain't stopping him from driving to the paint. He's not stopping him from posting up.

In a 1on1 game where 1 guy is driving to the rim or posting and the other is shooting long jumpers, who the fcuk do you thing is gonna win? You think KD is getting ANY rebounds? :roll:

inclinerator
02-19-2014, 03:27 AM
tempted to say durant, but lebron is alot stronger and can shaq durant anytime

NumberSix
02-19-2014, 03:32 AM
Saying Durant would beat LeBron 1on1 is like saying Bosh would beat Shaq or T-Mac would beat Wilt.

dabigbaws
02-19-2014, 03:47 AM

this is so stupid.

DonDadda59
02-19-2014, 03:51 AM
2 years ago it would've been Lebron. This year all of their individual matchups make it seem Lebron can't for the life of him guard Slim while Durant has improved to the point he can slow Bron down. I mean KD has been tap dancing on Bron's chin this year- making him look ridiculous with his handles, just draining shot after shot in his face. Meanwhile whenever Bron's on offense in that matchup he looks shook as hell, gun shy.

russwest0
02-19-2014, 03:52 AM
Didn't LeBron say he can't guard Durant 1on1?

Guess that settles this debate.

DonDadda59
02-19-2014, 03:57 AM
Didn't LeBron say he can't guard Durant 1on1?

Said it and proved it. We'll see come Thursday if the pendulum swings back in his favor, but so far this year Durant has made him his bitch. Haven't seen that look of fear and hesitation from Bronze since Dirk put the fear of God in him in '11.

NumberSix
02-19-2014, 03:59 AM
Said it and proved it. We'll see come Thursday if the pendulum swings back in his favor, but so far this year Durant has made him his bitch. Haven't seen that look of fear and hesitation from Bronze since Dirk put the fear of God in him in '11.
When? The single game they played where Durant scored nothing but long jumpers and LeBron scored more points?

russwest0
02-19-2014, 04:01 AM
When? The single game they played where Durant scored nothing but long jumpers and LeBron scored more points?

You mean more points where he got 8 garbage time points by just outrunning everybody?

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Someone post the pic of the stats of those two head to head in that matchup. Like others have said, this one isn't even close. It's Durant. Especially if you can handcheck and the refs wouldn't be there to bail LeBron out.

Durant has been a better 1on1 defender than LeBron for over 2 years now.

DonDadda59
02-19-2014, 04:07 AM

Yes, that one.

http://media.fyre.co/S2eiHp6WQNi33K2M7r1O_jjgfj.png

And also the all star game. KD called this n*gguh out while wearing a gold chain on national TV to play him 1 on 1. Old School WWF Booker T style (Lebron- We comin for you, nigguh) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1o82BVKFp8). Then when the game started he crossed James to pieces and drained buckets in his grill. That's some gangsta shit right there, even you have to admit.

Cold soul
02-19-2014, 04:10 AM
KD

TMT
02-19-2014, 04:13 AM
Saying Durant would beat LeBron 1on1 is like saying Bosh would beat Shaq or T-Mac would beat Wilt.

No bias here at all ladies and gentlemen.

knicksman
02-19-2014, 04:17 AM
its really not close.. Lebron is a beta/pusy whod rather pass than score while Durant is in the same league as Jordan/kobe who would want to destroy their opponents

DonDadda59
02-19-2014, 04:20 AM
its really not close.. Lebron is a beta/***** whod rather pass than score while Durant is in the same league as Jordan/kobe who would want to destroy their opponents

Funny thing is Durant said right before the season started that he wanted to destroy Lebron. Bron's response was that KD was his inspiration:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uG4tzVeL0P8

No wonder he's been getting embarrassed, or rather- served. Durant is on that T-1000 tip, search and destroy. Bron's on that you are the wind beneath my wings bullshit :facepalm

russwest0
02-19-2014, 04:21 AM
Durant is averaging 31PPG while being double teamed most of the time. Give him 1on1 with a mediocre defender? It really wouldn't be close.

Angel Face
02-19-2014, 04:52 AM
Threads like this will hurt the feelings of most Lebron fans.

salwan
02-19-2014, 04:52 AM
So none of them?

:roll: :roll:
This post needs more love. Goat response

dabigbaws
02-19-2014, 04:54 AM
Durant is averaging 31PPG while being double teamed most of the time. Give him 1on1 with a mediocre defender? It really wouldn't be close.

couldn't have said it better my self. also he is averaging 31.5 so round up to 32

JohnFreeman
02-19-2014, 05:03 AM
What is the obsession with 1on1 play? Basketball is a team sport. Durant can shoot better, but LeBrons size would bully Durant

maybeshewill13
02-19-2014, 05:12 AM
So none of them?
Holy shit I'm ****ing dying over here :roll: :roll: :roll:

NumberSix
02-19-2014, 05:22 AM
Threads like this will hurt the feelings of most Lebron fans.
June.

knicksman
02-19-2014, 05:29 AM
What is the obsession with 1on1 play? Basketball is a team sport. Durant can shoot better, but LeBrons size would bully Durant

Because the better player is the one who is better going 1 on 5?:confusedshrug:

I mean how can you take over if youre not even good 1 on 1. That's how MJ and kobe won 11 rings combined. While LeBron needed better 1 on 1 players than him to win in this league. But as usual, LeBron stans lowest IQ on this board. They see triple doubles and hes better despite Robertson being a loser

MichaelCorleone
02-19-2014, 06:21 AM
Lebron would destroy KD 1on1.

SamuraiSWISH
02-19-2014, 06:26 AM
Durant is in the same league as Jordan/kobe who would want to destroy their opponents
That's too violent for "The Servant"

JohnFreeman
02-19-2014, 06:26 AM
:oldlol:

MichaelCorleone
02-19-2014, 06:30 AM
:applause:

knicksman
02-19-2014, 06:30 AM

because the in thing right now is being the assassin. So Durant is disguising as the servant of the king

Prometheus
02-19-2014, 08:24 AM
Durant isn't in the same universe as LeBron 1on1 D.

Think for yourself. Stop buying into that "LeBron isn't that good of a man defender" myth that his haters keep pushing. They only say that dumb shit because they kno they can kinda get away with it because there are no stats to immediately disprove their retarded troll posts.

This dumb myth is no different than the idiotic "LeBron can't go left" myth when all facts actually show LeBron is more successful going left than anyone in the league.

If LeBron can stay in front of smaller lightning quick guys like Rose, Parker and CP3, I'm sure he can stay in front of Durant. You'll notice, when Durant scores on LeBron, it's 3s or long 2s. He not taking LeBron to the rim. That all you can do. Force a tough shot. If he makes it, he makes it.

LeBron is a bigger stronger guy than KD. Durant ain't stopping him from driving to the paint. He's not stopping him from posting up.

In a 1on1 game where 1 guy is driving to the rim or posting and the other is shooting long jumpers, who the fcuk do you thing is gonna win? You think KD is getting ANY rebounds? :roll:

Bold is all I do. I couldn't give less of a shit what other people say, but in watching games I see that LeBron gets beat plenty off the dribble. Durant hits a couple from outside, LeBron has to play him tight, Durant is quick enough with a long enough stride to beat him. I don't even have to imagine it - I've seen it.

If anything YOU'RE the one buying into the myth that LeBron is some historically elite man defender... he's an elite DEFENSIVE PLAYER because of his versatility in who he can guard, and his athleticism and basketball IQ make him a superb team defender. And he's easily one of the better at guarding wings in our league today, but in that regard he is vastly overhyped by sports media.

Prometheus
02-19-2014, 08:30 AM
Because the better player is the one who is better going 1 on 5?:confusedshrug:

I mean how can you take over if youre not even good 1 on 1. That's how MJ and kobe won 11 rings combined. While LeBron needed better 1 on 1 players than him to win in this league. But as usual, LeBron stans lowest IQ on this board. They see triple doubles and hes better despite Robertson being a loser

I literally cringe at every post you make. Stop saying the same shit over and over again, for the love of God.

Lebron23
02-19-2014, 08:33 AM
I literally cringe at every post you make. Stop saying the same shit over and over again, for the love of God.

Just put him back on your ignore lists.

All Net
02-19-2014, 08:33 AM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=324486