PDA

View Full Version : Bout to smoke my last cigarette

Bless Mathews
02-19-2014, 03:13 AM
Kids are on me. Got my nicotine candies ready for tomorrow.

Good bye Newport 100's. You have been with me through a lot. Other drugs have come and gone, but you were always there for me. your delicious minty self never has failed me. I hate to leave you, but I'm getting old, you make me winded way to quick. My kids hate you. I have to. I'm sorry. I love you.

iamgine
02-19-2014, 03:18 AM
http://breatheandburn.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/goodbye.jpg

ihoopallday
02-19-2014, 04:14 AM
Used to smoke Newport shorts. Last summer I was visiting my sister and she took me to one of her patients. She's a anesthesiologist so she always sees her patients before surgery. Anyways the patient I met had lung cancer. She told me how she smoked like 3 packs a day. Long story short, I never touched a cigarette after that day. Good luck! First two days weren't bad for me, the third day my cravings were out of control. After a week, it's better. But to this day I'll occasionally crave a cig. Since you have kids, just think about how many extra years of life you've created of spending with them by quitting. I mean no ones guaranteed tomorrow, but that's one less way of dying. Again, good luck :cheers:

kNIOKAS
02-19-2014, 05:04 AM
Think of how much money you save by not buying that shit. It's a ******ry thing to suck on them, too.

Also, the guy who posted the pic is a ***.

ImKobe
02-19-2014, 05:45 AM
Also quit smoking, I had been smoking for 5 straight years. I feel better about myself now + the extra cash is nice.

JtotheIzzo
02-19-2014, 05:46 AM
its 2014

ANYONE with a nicotine habit should be smoking an e-cig.

Its dumb not to.

fiddy
02-19-2014, 05:54 AM
its 2014

Its dumb not to.
Really? The problem with e-cigs is that...they dont work. They dont provide you with all the chemicals tobacco does.

Someone please remove that image, thats stretching the thread

ForeverHeat
02-19-2014, 07:37 AM
Stop attaching so much importance to cigarettes man. Wtf is this "You have been with me through a lot" bs. You dont sound like a guy who wants to quit.

fiddy
02-19-2014, 07:52 AM
Stop attaching so much importance to cigarettes man. Wtf is this "You have been with me through a lot" bs. You dont sound like a guy who wants to quit.
Nicotine addiction~the same as heroin addiction (on psychological level)

Bless Mathews
02-19-2014, 08:34 AM
Used to smoke Newport shorts. Last summer I was visiting my sister and she took me to one of her patients. She's a anesthesiologist so she always sees her patients before surgery. Anyways the patient I met had lung cancer. She told me how she smoked like 3 packs a day. Long story short, I never touched a cigarette after that day. Good luck! First two days weren't bad for me, the third day my cravings were out of control. After a week, it's better. But to this day I'll occasionally crave a cig. Since you have kids, just think about how many extra years of life you've created of spending with them by quitting. I mean no ones guaranteed tomorrow, but that's one less way of dying. Again, good luck :cheers:
Thanks.

Been up a half hour. Bout to pop a nicotine candy..... Hope shit works. Craving a cig like a dope fiend right now.

Bless Mathews
02-19-2014, 08:37 AM
It's called humor.

And they have been with me. Through a lot. Done lots and lots and lots of drugs that I've been able to quit. Newports always there for an addict like myself. Smh.

fiddy
02-19-2014, 08:50 AM
It's called humor.

And they have been with me. Through a lot. Done lots and lots and lots of drugs that I've been able to quit. Newports always there for an addict like myself. Smh.
MAOI
#tobaccojunkiesolver

/thread

ImKobe
02-19-2014, 09:12 AM
its 2014

Its dumb not to.

E-Cigs are overrated, I've tried em and at first it's cool and everything but in time the effect wears off, you still crave for a cigarette, all of my friends switched back to regular cigs and have stopped smoking e-cigs after about a year of use. It doesn't help with quitting smoking. The only way to quit smoking is just not to smoke. If you have the willpower you don't need anything else. My grandpa smoked for 20 years, he quit in his 40s and hasn't smoked since, he's 76 now.

rezznor
02-19-2014, 09:30 AM
Kids are on me. Got my nicotine candies ready for tomorrow.

Good bye Newport 100's. You have been with me through a lot. Other drugs have come and gone, but you were always there for me. your delicious minty self never has failed me. I hate to leave you, but I'm getting old, you make me winded way to quick. My kids hate you. I have to. I'm sorry. I love you.
good for you. welcome to a better quality of life

DukeDelonte13
02-19-2014, 09:46 AM
I'm a former smoker.

You have to stop all nicotine intake; no gums, patches, vapes, etc.

When you take nicotine you prolong the agony. It takes around 3 weeks for the nic to leave your body, but if you are using any nic supplements it will take even longer. As long as you got it in your system you will always have cravings.

Don't try and ween yourself off of it. Just go cold turkey. It's not that bad, you'll probably be a little more aggressive and easily agitated for the next week or two but that will go away. However you will be sh*tty and irritable as long as you keep on putting little bits of nicotine in your body keeping that addiction alive. you gotta break it.

fiddy
02-19-2014, 09:58 AM
I'm a former smoker.

When you take nicotine you prolong the agony. It takes around 3 weeks for the nic to leave your body, but if you are using any nic supplements it will take even longer. As long as you got it in your system you will always have cravings.

Don't try and ween yourself off of it. Just go cold turkey. It's not that bad, you'll probably be a little more aggressive and easily agitated for the next week or two but that will go away. However you will be sh*tty and irritable as long as you keep on putting little bits of nicotine in your body keeping that addiction alive. you gotta break it.

Actually nicotine by itself produces very weak addiction like properties. Its MAIOs that keep people addicted to tobacco.

DonD13
02-19-2014, 10:02 AM
I'm a former smoker.

it's different for everybody.
Me, I don't believe in quitting cold turkey.
and, statistically, your chances of successfully quitting are way higher when you take some nicotine shit...

FatComputerNerd
02-19-2014, 11:01 AM
Whenever you get the craving for a cigarette chug a bottle or glass of water, and do 20 pushups.

Bless Mathews
02-19-2014, 11:13 AM
I'm a former smoker.

I got those nicotine candies.

3 hours in. They're a life saver. I have come close to snapping. Take a little bit of it, and I'm cool. After eating is going to be a huge test.

I got this though. Candies are helping. Hate that super Agro feeling.

DukeDelonte13
02-19-2014, 01:28 PM
it's different for everybody.
Me, I don't believe in quitting cold turkey.
and, statistically, your chances of successfully quitting are way higher when you take some nicotine shit...

I don't buy into those, i think those statistics are speculative and made up by the companies that make those products.

i read this book and I immediately quit after reading it. I highly recommend it, it makes you think about quitting smoking in a different way.

http://www.amazon.com/Allen-Carrs-Easy-Stop-Smoking/dp/0615482155

you can probably find a pdf of it online. One of the things it says is don't put off quitting until a less stressful time.. I quit right before law school finals haven't looked back since.

Don't feed the habit with more nic! It's like telling a crack head, ok, just smoke a little bit of crack each day and expecting it to work. Your body has to rid itself of nicotine eventually, might as well get it over with right off the bat.

Le Shaqtus
02-19-2014, 01:50 PM
Good on you homes :cheers: rootin for ya

-p.tiddy-
02-19-2014, 01:51 PM
cigarettes are awesome, only pssys quit, Al Pacino used to smoke, blah blah blah...

-Dresta

ihoopallday
02-19-2014, 02:26 PM
You should keep us updated on how your quitting is going. I always like reading a success story. :rockon:

Bless Mathews
02-19-2014, 03:23 PM
First test. First meal.

Really wanted one. Half way done eating my lasagna I thought , " cigarette gonna be good", then reality hit.... Got done eating, popped a candy and was good.

Snapped a little at one of my customers earlier. Smh. Poor old lady. Moved pictures of my kids so I see em more Nd put a "you can quit dad" bubble cartoon thing next to them as constant inspiration ...

Bless Mathews
02-19-2014, 03:53 PM
Good on you homes :cheers: rootin for ya
Thanks bruh.

Proctor
02-19-2014, 07:23 PM
cigarettes are awesome, only pssys quit, Al Pacino used to smoke, blah blah blah...

-Dresta
:roll:

red1
02-19-2014, 08:01 PM
Good man. I must have smoked my last cigarette about a hundred times but it worked eventually.

red1
02-19-2014, 08:01 PM

-Dresta
:oldlol:

Bless Mathews
02-19-2014, 11:04 PM
Took a nap. Ate some pork chops and corn. Two times I need cig most. Snapped at baby's moms during eating. Smh. Aggravated as fucc.

Hardest today. Pop a candy....

fiddy
02-20-2014, 02:41 AM
Took a nap. Ate some pork chops and corn. Two times I need cig most. Snapped at baby's moms during eating. Smh. Aggravated as fucc.

Hardest today. Pop a candy....
get MAOI, shit will be lots easier

Bless Mathews
02-20-2014, 02:53 AM
get MAOI, shit will be lots easier
Nah. Don't want any crutch. Few days and I'll be cool.

Dayum shit is difficult.

fiddy
02-20-2014, 04:55 AM

Dayum shit is difficult.
You can take MAIOs in a pill form, thats what your brain is craving

Bless Mathews
02-20-2014, 08:34 AM
You can take MAIOs in a pill form, thats what your brain is craving
What are maio's then???

Beginning of day two. Let's go!!!!

Mind over matter.....

Flash31
02-20-2014, 09:57 AM
What are maio's then???

Beginning of day two. Let's go!!!!

Mind over matter.....

Just keep yourself occupied man.Eat,drink a lot.Chew Gum.

And whatever you do,Don't let yourself get Bored with Nothing to do.

I'd say you can do it but I went 4 months without due to a head injury lol.
Then 3 weeks due to overwork,and off and on 2-3 days at best so eh.

Your best bet is keep yourself occupied with something.Do not think about smoking or the last time you did.Replace your smoking with something else.
Going straight cold without a substitute of something is going to be harder then with something.

Working out,drinking lots of liquids,and keeping it off your mind works best.

Good Luck.

Bless Mathews
02-20-2014, 11:09 AM
Just keep yourself occupied man.Eat,drink a lot.Chew Gum.

And whatever you do,Don't let yourself get Bored with Nothing to do.

I'd say you can do it but I went 4 months without due to a head injury lol.
Then 3 weeks due to overwork,and off and on 2-3 days at best so eh.

Your best bet is keep yourself occupied with something.Do not think about smoking or the last time you did.Replace your smoking with something else.
Going straight cold without a substitute of something is going to be harder then with something.

Working out,drinking lots of liquids,and keeping it off your mind works best.

Good Luck.
Thanks bruh.

Day 2 and I'm hanging in there.

Fucc that though. I got nicotine candies. Tried to go without, but I get SUPER agitated. They help. I don't wanna fail, and/or piss off my customers.

Good lookin though.

glidedrxlr22
02-20-2014, 11:30 AM
Good for you Bless. Don't cheat.....remember the kids....and we're all expecting to hear a success story. :cheers:

ZenMaster
02-20-2014, 01:07 PM

Dayum shit is difficult.

You're making it more difficult by focusing on how difficult it is.

Everytime you feel the need try and think about all the positives of quitting: better health, more money etc. Mention the reasons loudly in your head everytime you think of a cig and then say to yourself how happy you are that you quit.

It might seem frail but you have to convince your brain that it isn't difficult not to smoke, and that's a tough thing to do because you've always been told it's hard to quit. Every single commercial you've seen on TV about products that's supposed to help you quit tells you someway or somehow that it's difficult. You probably feel like you need one about every hour, but truth is while you where smoking you could sleep a good 6-8 hours without even waking up from the nicotine withdrawal.

And you don't need to keep your mouth full and eat a whole lot extra, it will just make you think about the fact that you are eating because you're not smoking, thus making you think about cigarettes.

But make a list of the good things of quitting, repeat those in your head everytime you think about smoking and then think about, appreciate and tell yourself how happy you are not to smoke.

16X
02-20-2014, 02:28 PM
Keep it up Bless. I quit four months ago.

Bless Mathews
02-20-2014, 03:24 PM
Dayum. Thanks for all the advice and support pOarty people.

After eating meals is hard as fucc.

Called my 8 year old for support Thank goodness he's on mid winter break. They're why I'm quitting. Almost snapped. Lots of smokers at my business poark

Bless Mathews
02-23-2014, 01:19 PM
Day 5.: Still not one drag of a cigarette or e cig.

Candies working pretty good, but still get the hella bad "fiend" feeling cravings. Especially after eating, waking up, after ****ing. Etc. Been using them less and less.

Gotta stay strong. My kids. My kids.

Still get hella agitated and on edge.

How the fucc long this gonna last? Being on edge n shit. Smh.

ihoopallday
02-23-2014, 02:46 PM
Day 5.: Still not one drag of a cigarette or e cig.

Candies working pretty good, but still get the hella bad "fiend" feeling cravings. Especially after eating, waking up, after ****ing. Etc. Been using them less and less.

Gotta stay strong. My kids. My kids.

Still get hella agitated and on edge.

How the fucc long this gonna last? Being on edge n shit. Smh.

:applause: :applause:
It's gonna last a while. Year and a half for me and I still occasionally crave a cig

Bless Mathews
02-23-2014, 04:47 PM
:applause: :applause:
It's gonna last a while. Year and a half for me and I still occasionally crave a cig
Dang.

I mean that fiend feeling in your head. Like literally feel it in your brain.

Dresta
02-24-2014, 07:41 AM
I don't buy into those, i think those statistics are speculative and made up by the companies that make those products.

i read this book and I immediately quit after reading it. I highly recommend it, it makes you think about quitting smoking in a different way.

you can probably find a pdf of it online. One of the things it says is don't put off quitting until a less stressful time.. I quit right before law school finals haven't looked back since.

Don't feed the habit with more nic! It's like telling a crack head, ok, just smoke a little bit of crack each day and expecting it to work. Your body has to rid itself of nicotine eventually, might as well get it over with right off the bat.
That book is flawed in its most basic premise and would only help someone willing to brainwash themselves (or stupid enough to believe it) to quit.

p. tiddy: 'all drug use is pure evil - cigs, booze, coffee, the lot and should all be outlawed - learn from me kids (the former drunk driving racerboy) to stay off drugs; i couldn't handle them, so no one can. Now I just plug that empty hole inside me with good deeds like raising my kids and telling myself i'm a good parent, thus by feeding my own vanity i can refer to myself as "selfless"'

edit: realised i've been a bit too fair to you there: you actually say all these things, but you just make things up about me.

-DrestaI've only said i enjoy smoking cigarettes, who are you to tell me otherwise? They work for some, not for others; i am not so arrogant as you to think that my experience must be the same as the experience of everyone else. I never said 'only ******* quit' though i may have said smokers who whine about wanting to quit but never do are masochistic attention seekers and need to seriously grow a pair.

As if that sentence at all represents what i have said on here about smoking you pitiful, petty, sad individual. You would think that with kids at home you wouldn't need to let loose on the internet so often.

'Dad's on the computer giving life lessens and telling people how to live on the internet again'

:rolleyes:

DukeDelonte13
02-24-2014, 08:56 AM
That book is flawed in its most basic premise and would only help someone willing to brainwash themselves (or stupid enough to believe it) to quit.

p. tiddy: 'all drug use is pure evil - cigs, booze, coffee, the lot and should all be outlawed - learn from me kids (the former drunk driving racerboy) to stay off drugs; i couldn't handle them, so no one can. Now I just plug that empty hole inside me with good deeds like raising my kids and telling myself i'm a good parent, thus by feeding my own vanity i can refer to myself as "selfless"'

edit: realised i've been a bit too fair to you there: you actually say all these things, but you just make things up about me.

I've only said i enjoy smoking cigarettes, who are you to tell me otherwise? They work for some, not for others; i am not so arrogant as you to think that my experience must be the same as the experience of everyone else. I never said 'only ******* quit' though i may have said smokers who whine about wanting to quit but never do are masochistic attention seekers and need to seriously grow a pair.

As if that sentence at all represents what i have said on here about smoking you pitiful, petty, sad individual. You would think that with kids at home you wouldn't need to let loose on the internet so often.

'Dad's on the computer giving life lessens and telling people how to live on the internet again'

:rolleyes:

The book's basic premise just explains why quitting cold turkey is the best way.

And i don't care if it "brainwashed" me, I still quit smoking after failing numerous times in the past. I don't see what's so flawed about the logic that the sooner nicotine is out of your body the easier quitting becomes.

Bless Mathews
02-24-2014, 09:36 AM
Start of day 6.......

Fucc. I still want a fuccin Newport.......

red1
02-25-2014, 12:08 AM

Great recommendation. That book is pure gold. Every smoker should read it. It helped me get off of cigs for a damn long time after years of trying to go cold turkey and trying nicotine gum and all of that shit.

red1
02-25-2014, 12:17 AM
http://media.wix.com/ugd/74fa87_2010cc5496521431188f905b7234a829.pdf

here you go bless. trust me, you absolutely want to read this shit

Bless Mathews
02-25-2014, 02:24 AM
http://media.wix.com/ugd/74fa87_2010cc5496521431188f905b7234a829.pdf

here you go bless. trust me, you absolutely want to read this shit
Good lookin. But I GUARANTEE if I read that I'll want to smoke and crack.

G-train
02-25-2014, 03:55 AM
Probably a good thread for the younger posters to read, so as to never start smoking.

Don't worry about your foolish friends and what they think is cool, you either end up going through this trying to give up over years, or most likely end up having a very painful early death.

ace23
02-25-2014, 03:57 AM
Probably a good thread for the younger posters to read, so as to never start smoking.

Don't worry about your foolish friends and what they think is cool, you either end up going through this trying to give up over years, or most likely end up having a very painful early death.
Smoking tobacco isn't even cool anymore. Lol

GatorKid117
02-25-2014, 09:12 AM

It still is in SE Asia sadly. Freaking Chinese smoke everywhere. I'll be in elevators and some old guys will light up some cigs.

Ugh :mad:

Dresta
02-25-2014, 02:16 PM
The book's basic premise just explains why quitting cold turkey is the best way.

And i don't care if it "brainwashed" me, I still quit smoking after failing numerous times in the past. I don't see what's so flawed about the logic that the sooner nicotine is out of your body the easier quitting becomes.
The point is that the book is littered with untruths, and that to follow his method one must accept what is not true. It may provide a psychological frame of mind that helps to quit, but it still requires one to lie to oneself.

No doubt the author has plenty of experience with deluding himself: the man managed to convince himself that he smoked 100 cigs a day just to fulfil a nicotine craving :lol .

-p.tiddy-
02-25-2014, 02:33 PM
but who cares if it is full of "untruths" if it achieves the goal of getting you to stop smoking...if it makes you believe that Godzilla will come out of the ocean and eat you if you don't quit then it has done its job

ZenMaster
02-25-2014, 02:52 PM
Good lookin. But I GUARANTEE if I read that I'll want to smoke and crack.

Guaranteed you'll feel better about not smoking while reading it.

Dresta
02-25-2014, 03:10 PM
but who cares if it is full of "untruths" if it achieves the goal of getting you to stop smoking...if it makes you believe that Godzilla will come out of the ocean and eat you if you don't quit then it has done its job
I have no problem if people wish to swallow cultish claptrap to help them do something they want to do, but i would not be capable of deluding myself in such a way, by a book that reads like a sermon no less, and by accepting a bunch of lies and distortions simply because it makes my life easier.

That is a cowardly manner of living.

DukeDelonte13
02-25-2014, 03:22 PM
The point is that the book is littered with untruths, and that to follow his method one must accept what is not true. It may provide a psychological frame of mind that helps to quit, but it still requires one to lie to oneself.

No doubt the author has plenty of experience with deluding himself: the man managed to convince himself that he smoked 100 cigs a day just to fulfil a nicotine craving :lol .

there is no untruths in this book it's just common f*cking sense.

don't smoke. It's bad for you. Don't take nic supplements because they prolong the agony. Don't make excuses.

WTF is your problem with that?

DukeDelonte13
02-25-2014, 03:24 PM
I have no problem if people wish to swallow cultish claptrap to help them do something they want to do, but i would not be capable of deluding myself in such a way, by a book that reads like a sermon no less, and by accepting a bunch of lies and distortions simply because it makes my life easier.

That is a cowardly manner of living.

BTW your schtick sucks. You come off as a stupid guy trying to act smart to impress strangers on a bball forum. At least Jameer's gimmick is somewhat entertaining. Yours is just lame.

KeylessEntry
02-25-2014, 03:26 PM

-Dresta

:oldlol:

Dresta
02-25-2014, 04:17 PM
there is no untruths in this book it's just common f*cking sense.

don't smoke. It's bad for you. Don't take nic supplements because they prolong the agony. Don't make excuses.

WTF is your problem with that?
Except that's not all he says. I can take a 5 minute breeze through and find multiple examples for you:

'The only reason why anybody continues smoking, whether they be a casual or a heavy smoker, is to feed that little monster.' (talking about withdrawal)

Lie.

'The only reason any smoker lights a cigarette is to try to end the empty, insecure feeling that the previous cigarette created.'

This man knows the mind of every individual human being how? Gross lie. People who have never smoked will happily smoke on alcohol or cocaine or mdma, because those substances mix with nicotine to produce an extremely pleasurable effect. If it is an 'illusion' then every human feeling is an 'illusion.'

After quite a short period of smoking the cigarette ceases to relieve completely the withdrawal pangs that it creates, so that when you light up a cigarette you feel better than you did a moment before, but you are in fact more nervous and less relaxed than you would be as a non-smoker, even when you are actually smoking the cigarette
How does he know all this exactly? Who is he comparing? Is he aware that all smokers are not the same, and the same as non-smokers?

All human beings are averse to the smell and taste of tobacco until they become hooked.

Another lie: plenty of those who don't smoke like the smell of burning tobacco.

When we smoked that first cigarette, inhaling resulted in a coughing fit, or if we smoked too many the first time, we experienced a dizzy feeling or actual physical sickness...

Many smokers believe they enjoy the taste and smell of the tobacco. It is an illusion. What we are actually doing when we learn to smoke is teaching our bodies to become immune to the bad smell and taste in order to get our fix, like heroin addicts who think that they enjoy injecting themselves.

Lie. I enjoyed the first cigarette i ever smoked, as did some others i know. Who is he to refute that experience? Moreover, he claims smoking isn't pleasurable, because if it was we wouldn't dislike it the first time - but many of the most pleasurable things are disliked by many or most the first time round: coffee, champagne, wine, sushi, lobster, oysters etc. So what a ridiculous argument that is.

What's funny is this man says smoking creates stress and anxiety rather than relieving it, but smoking rates have been declining for a while now, while depression and anxiety rates are shooting up (as well as obesity). There is a reason 80% of schizophrenics smoke, and it's certainly not to 'fill the hole the last cig left behind.' That book is almost theological in its pedagogy: assuming all human beings are naturally satisfied and rest in a natural equilibrium only offset by smoking, when human beings are mostly primed towards dissatisfaction and unease because that is what has made us so active and productive and enabled us to survive the process of natural selection.

Nicotine stimulates parts of the brain that promote satiety, enhance cognition and memory etc. And this has been proven. Your nicotine saviour is just one of your standard quacks who writes books filled with scientifically illiterate psycho-babble.

BTW your schtick sucks. You come off as a stupid guy trying to act smart to impress strangers on a bball forum. At least Jameer's gimmick is somewhat entertaining. Yours is just lame.
Schtick? I don't have any 'schtick' - i'm just honest and tell the truth, but most people don't like hearing the truth, and they never have. I post on here because it provides an outlet for me where things can be discussed; i couldn't care in the slightest what people on here think of me, and the only reason you think i do is because you are the stupid individual, and it is you who cares about what people think of you on here. In my own life i don't even care one lick about popularity, because i know that popularity doesn't mean shit and is more often a sign of decadence rather than anything else.

-p.tiddy-
02-25-2014, 04:27 PM
Never heard of this book but I find all of those so called "lies" to be truthful...only way you can't is if you take it as he means literally 100% of people go through these things...

and even if they are a lie believing in any one of them as truth couldn't be the slightest bit harmful...obviously

you really have to be a special kind of ********** to look down on someone for HOW they were able to quit smoking...:facepalm

Dresta
02-25-2014, 04:46 PM
I would disdain anyone who buys into some fluffy-headed, pseudo-scientific 'self-help' rubbish to delude their minds and make their lives easier. I have no problem with their decision, doesn't mean i have to respect it.

‘Here the ways of men part: if you wish to strive for peace of soul and pleasure, then believe; if you wish to be a devotee of truth, then inquire.’

Believe, believe with all your heart p. tiddy, i really don't care. I will need to point it out though if you start peddling that nonsense as fact when it is so clearly ficton.

-p.tiddy-
02-25-2014, 04:54 PM
[QUOTE=Dresta]I would disdain anyone who buys into some fluffy-headed, pseudo-scientific 'self-help' rubbish to delude their minds and make their lives easier. I have no problem with their decision, doesn't mean i have to respect it.

Dresta
02-25-2014, 05:22 PM
Who cares that the whole premise of his book is founded on the lie that smoking is not pleasurable for any person? Well, anyone with a bit of respect for the truth would care, though obviously that does not include you. First, nicotine would produce pleasurable effects on a first time user were the dose right, and secondly, he seems to think extra pleasure created by a self-created desire is not pleasure or enjoyment at all, which is false. Amplify the desire and you increase the pleasure; it is why it is often best to wait that little bit longer for things, because it will make it that much better once you get your desire.

The man was an accountant. He really has no expertise in this area, and his book is amateurish, fallacy-ridden and poorly written, which is why i don't like it. I think it probably says a fair amount about how inquisitive a person's mind is if they read this book and are convinced by it. But then most people always have been credulous, and especially willing to believe what makes their lives easier.

ZenMaster
02-25-2014, 05:41 PM
Who cares that the whole premise of his book is founded on the lie that smoking is not pleasurable for any person? Well, anyone with a bit of respect for the truth would care, though obviously that does not include you. First, nicotine would produce pleasurable effects on a first time user were the dose right, and secondly, he seems to think extra pleasure created by a self-created desire is not pleasure or enjoyment at all, which is false. Amplify the desire and you increase the pleasure; it is why it is often best to wait that little bit longer for things, because it will make it that much better once you get your desire.

The man was an accountant. He really has no expertise in this area, and his book is amateurish, fallacy-ridden and poorly written, which is why i don't like it. I think it probably says a fair amount about how inquisitive a person's mind is if they read this book and are convinced by it. But then most people always have been credulous, and especially willing to believe what makes their lives easier.

I still haven't met a smoker who can answer yes to the question of going back in time lighting their first cig given they knowledge they have present day of a life as a smoker. I'm guessing that guy is you..which would make you different from 99% of all other smokers.

JebronLames
02-25-2014, 05:55 PM
Haven't smoked a cigarette in 7 days. Still had 5 packs left, but threw them away. Noticed I've been eating more tho.

Gotta put myself in 2006 game 7 kobe mode, and then I know I'll get over this habit.

G-train
02-25-2014, 06:00 PM

I suppose it depends on the culture, I can't comment on Texas.

Cool probably isn't right word, maybe peer behavior or something.

Bless Mathews
02-25-2014, 06:07 PM
Haven't smoked a cigarette in 7 days. Still had 5 packs left, but threw them away. Noticed I've been eating more tho.

Gotta put myself in 2006 game 7 kobe mode, and then I know I'll get over this habit.
Word. Right there bruh.

Day 7.

Dresta
02-26-2014, 12:29 AM
I still haven't met a smoker who can answer yes to the question of going back in time lighting their first cig given they knowledge they have present day of a life as a smoker. I'm guessing that guy is you..which would make you different from 99% of all other smokers.
99% is a hideously over-inflated and made up stat based incredibly limited selective knowledge, nor would any such stat mean much anyway when it comes to how much human beings prefer the present to the future. And that is completely irrelevant to the point i was making as well:

The nicotine and smoking of a cigarette targets the pleasure centre of the brain. That is why smoking is extremely pleasurable when combined with other drugs, because there is synergy. A simple google search would find you a ton of people who attest to this from first hand experience. Of course it is not for everybody. But to deny that it provides any pleasurable or relieving effects aside from 'feeding the monster' (whatever he calls it) for every person is frankly idiotic.

And i'm sorry that i find it a bit rich to be told this by a guy who apparently chained smoked his way to a hundred **** a day without having a moment of pleasure from any one of them. The guy is a good salesman; i doubt he even believed his own shit. His whole book is constructed around a belief system that gives it a real theological feel.