PDA

View Full Version : Nets-Lakers progressing towards Jordan Hill deal

DStebb716
02-19-2014, 02:42 PM
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 29s
Hearing strong suggestions Nets now want to go ahead with proposed acquisition of Jordan Hill if Lakers still amenable despite huge BKN cost

DStebb716
02-19-2014, 02:44 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 1m
Lakers, Nets progressing on Jordan Hill deal, league sources told Yahoo Sports. Ownership showing willingness to take $17M hit.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 44s
Lakers have been engaged in conversations elsewhere on Jordan Hill too, sources tell Yahoo Sports.

no pun intended
02-19-2014, 02:44 PM
Trying to upgrade Terry-Evans into Thornton-Hill, I see

Droid101
02-19-2014, 02:45 PM
http://images.smh.com.au/2010/12/24/2108479/71829_widenative-408x264.jpg

Levity
02-19-2014, 02:45 PM
so now jordan hill will know what it sort of feels like to have a team pay a max contract for him.

russian billionaires being russian billionaires.

DStebb716
02-19-2014, 02:46 PM
Woj said that this would be straight up for the Nets injured player exception, but the Lakers are talking to other teams about Hill. I can't imagine that they couldn't find a better offer than that. Something like a 2015 2nd rounder even would be better.

niko
02-19-2014, 02:46 PM
Nets need a PG more so they can sit Deron down for a few weeks to heal and/or get his head out of his ass.

niko
02-19-2014, 02:47 PM
Woj said that this would be straight up for the Nets injured player exception, but the Lakers are talking to other teams about Hill. I can't imagine that they couldn't find a better offer than that. Something like a 2015 2nd rounder even would be better.
People are hesitant to take on salary. Everyone will send back salary past the year. That's a problem.

DStebb716
02-19-2014, 02:49 PM
People are hesitant to take on salary. Everyone will send back salary past the year. That's a problem.

Hill is making $3.5 this year. I'm sure they could find somebody. Even if they have to take back a $1-2 mill expirer.

Genaro
02-19-2014, 02:49 PM
Lakers doing this only for money?
I mean, I would like to keep Jordan next year. I think he could be good with the right coach.

DStebb716
02-19-2014, 02:50 PM
I mean, I would like to keep Jordan next year. I think he could be good with the right coach.

Tanking.

G-Funk
02-19-2014, 03:01 PM
tankalicious:cheers:

Nets fan 93
02-19-2014, 03:01 PM
Nets need a PG more so they can sit Deron down for a few weeks to heal and/or get his head out of his ass.
Maybe him playing against his former team today in Utah will remind him who he is

wang4three
02-19-2014, 03:04 PM

If the confidence issues with Deron is true, then that is a far worse problem than his injury. Needs to keep playing.

TMT
02-19-2014, 03:06 PM
I really like the upgrades if they get this done. Evans, Terry for Thornton, Hill? Solid moves on paper.

wang4three
02-19-2014, 03:07 PM
I really like the upgrades if they get this done. Evans, Terry for Thornton, Hill? Solid moves on paper.

Our moves always look good on paper.. Execution on the other hand? Yeah...

R.I.P.
02-19-2014, 03:08 PM
Njets don

niko
02-19-2014, 03:55 PM
If the confidence issues with Deron is true, then that is a far worse problem than his injury. Needs to keep playing.

I don't think it's confidence, i don't think he gives a shit enough to go that 100% he needs to all the time. Since the day he became a Net he has been penciled in as the starting PG, his job, his team, regardless of what happens. Confidence comes and goes, effort shouldn't. His effort comes and goes for weeks at a time.

FireDavidKahn
02-19-2014, 05:10 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 1m
Lakers, Nets progressing on Jordan Hill deal, league sources told Yahoo Sports. Ownership showing willingness to take $17M hit.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 44s
Lakers have been engaged in conversations elsewhere on Jordan Hill too, sources tell Yahoo Sports.
17M hit for Jordan Hill?:no: :facepalm

brownmamba00
02-19-2014, 05:56 PM
word

his rebounding makes a difference, good defender too who can make the hookshot.

KyrieTheFuture
02-19-2014, 06:32 PM
Is it possible Mikhail thinks this is costing him 200 million Ruble instead of dollars? The dude never leaves russia.

PsychoBe
02-19-2014, 06:44 PM
Is it possible Mikhail thinks this is costing him 200 million Ruble instead of dollars? The dude never leaves russia.

he has ties to the russian mafia.

Lamar Odumbb
02-19-2014, 06:50 PM
[QUOTE=R.I.P.]Njets don

mattvNJ
02-19-2014, 06:50 PM
for anyone concerned with what this team spends... Prok is worth 12-18 billion depending on what hes doing any probably earning more than his whole teams salary and expenses annually. Aint no thing, hell keep buying up everything till something works. :rockon:

Lamar Odumbb
02-19-2014, 06:53 PM
for anyone concerned with what this team spends... Prok is worth 12-18 billion depending on what hes doing any probably earning more than his whole teams salary and expenses annually. Aint no thing, hell keep buying up everything till something works. :rockon:

Your owner is at least trying and not scared like some owners. Its all hindsight so far. If they win a ring, he will look like a genius, if not he will at least go out with guns blazing.

mattvNJ
02-19-2014, 06:54 PM
Your owner is at least trying and not scared like some owners. Its all hindsight so far. If they win a ring, he will look like a genius, if not he will at least go out with guns blazing.

agreed, also since the second he stepped into ownership hes shown hes here to do something. New arena, buying up anyone he can. I respect it and love it.

Upgrayedd
02-19-2014, 07:10 PM
Not a bad move for the Nets if they can start to turn things around and make a serious run. When is Lopez expected back?

C: Hill
PF: KG
SF: PP
SG: Joe Johnson
PG: Williams

FireDavidKahn
02-19-2014, 07:31 PM
Nets moves is like when you try to cut your own hair and mess up so badly so you just keep cutting until it looks okay.
Or have to go bald:oldlol:

FireDavidKahn
02-19-2014, 07:33 PM
agreed, also since the second he stepped into ownership hes shown hes here to do something. New arena, buying up anyone he can. I respect it and love it.
Props to Mikhail for doing it. Nets fans should rejoice to have an owner willing to shell out the cash that he has. But don't confuse willingness to spend money as him being a good basketball owner. There is a lot more to it than just spending money. Purely from a basketball point of view I'd say Mikhail has done a rather poor job.

bdreason
02-19-2014, 07:36 PM
If I'm a Nets fan I'm excited just because the owner is willing to throw money to the wind. The amount of tax this guy is paying is insane.

O_City_Thunder
02-19-2014, 07:37 PM
I wish our owner was willing to throw money around like that.

mattvNJ
02-19-2014, 07:48 PM
Props to Mikhail for doing it. Nets fans should rejoice to have an owner willing to shell out the cash that he has. But don't confuse willingness to spend money as him being a good basketball owner. There is a lot more to it than just spending money. Purely from a basketball point of view I'd say Mikhail has done a rather poor job.

Absolutely and i wouldnt say hes done a poor job. Who expected Deron to blow, and Lopez to get injured for the whole season. Hes spent money and picked up the pieces that were available.(I.E Pierce, KG), has brought a new arena. The only reason your saying its poor basketball point of view is because ur playing captain hindsight. I think the only pure mistake was hiring kidd as the head and not hiring lionel hollins.