PDA

View Full Version : Love is not impressed with Lakers organization.

longhornfan1234
02-19-2014, 03:07 PM
People think it's so far-fetched that I would stay in Minnesota. And I'm not s------- on the Lakers, but we have the better team, the better foundation. I'm having fun.

-- Kevin Love, to GQ magazine

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/10482450/kevin-love-says-minnesota-timberwolves-better-team-los-angeles-lakers

Smook A.
02-19-2014, 03:08 PM
Hahahaahaha
Laker fans were like "it's alright because we gonna be good in a few years with Love and our 2014 draft pick"

No LOVE in Los Angles

TMT
02-19-2014, 03:10 PM
Nobody's impressed with the Lakers at this point. But it's not like their trying to be good.

Eric Cartman
02-19-2014, 03:10 PM
8 letter word starts with S.

aboss4real24
02-19-2014, 03:11 PM
Laker Fans Wish List

Lebron-X

Melo-X

Paul George-X

D12-✔...........................X

Dwill-X

KD in 2016-Mite as well X That out also

Genaro
02-19-2014, 03:12 PM
What does he suppose to say? That he can't wait to join the Lakers?
He got one year contract after this and he doesn't want to make it a Dwight Howard - Magic situation.

OmniStrife
02-19-2014, 03:14 PM
Oh lawd!!! puh-leeze Love to the Suns...
It will be heavenly!!

Dragon
Bledshow
Tucker****er
Love
Plumgawd

:bowdown:

Is He Ill
02-19-2014, 03:15 PM
He has to say that.

YouGotServed
02-19-2014, 03:20 PM
"We're fine. Kevin Love + Wiggins/Parker = Lakers relevant again"

:roll:

oh the horror
02-19-2014, 03:24 PM
the better foundation for what exactly? they havent built a decent team in forever.

DStebb716
02-19-2014, 03:25 PM
BREAKING: Player on current team says his team is better than team he is not currently on thus insinuating that there is zero chance that he's lying and that he will never leave his current team.

Three days later...

BREAKING: Player is no longer with team his previous quote hinted that he wouldn't leave.

ZeN
02-19-2014, 03:26 PM
Even if it's simply a PR move, what hes saying is just a simple truth.

Lamar Odumbb
02-19-2014, 03:41 PM
the better foundation for what exactly? they havent built a decent team in forever.

Exactly, I mean if he wants to battle for 8th seed his entire career, he should stay with the Wolves. The Lakers have been to 7 finals in the past 13 years and I think 31 finals in the NBA's 68 year history.

People blame Jim Buss but his only big mistake was not hiring Phil last year but other than that he hasnt been as much of a pain in the butt as Jerry Jones for the Cowboys or Al for the Raiders.

NumberSix
02-19-2014, 03:44 PM
That because everybody leaves.......

If somebody stays though......

ralph_i_el
02-19-2014, 03:47 PM
Oh lawd!!! puh-leeze Love to the Suns...
It will be heavenly!!

Dragon
Bledshow
Tucker****er
Love
Plumgawd

:bowdown:

:)

YouGotServed
02-19-2014, 03:49 PM
lol @ these stans still clinging to the Jerry Buss era. He's dead, move on. Jim's ego ruined that organization. That's a fact. By far the worst owner in the league. lol @ better foundation.

Black and White
02-19-2014, 03:51 PM
lol @ these stans still clinging to the Jerry Buss era. He's dead, move on. Jim's ego ruined that organization. That's a fact. By far the worst owner in the league. lol @ better foundation.

Thats a bit harsh dude

secund2nun
02-19-2014, 03:53 PM
LA ruined their chances the past 12 months. With that terrible huge Kobe contract on the books until after the 2015/2016 contract they basically have to wait until 2016 to build something. They should have amnestied Kobe, which would have caused Dwight to stay and they could have lured top free agents then...now they will strike out.

Lamar Odumbb
02-19-2014, 03:55 PM

People said Lakers were done when Jerry West left and Lakers had Mitch Kupchack aka Mitch CupCrap take over as GM. Lakers went on to win 4 more titles after Jerry West left.

JIm Buss was the one in charge when the CP3 deal went down and was nixed because his father was sick in the hospital.

I mean he has been in charge for 2 years and you guys judge him on that. Thats like saying Lebron was done after he choked in 2011.

scm5
02-19-2014, 04:07 PM
I really like his answer.

He didn't flat out deny it, and he's putting pressure on the Lakers organization to get better.

SpecialQue
02-19-2014, 04:11 PM
I absolutely fvcking love how everyone is taking this at 100% face value. Like he doesn't have to do some MAJOR damage control after spending the entire season bitching about how crappy his team is and making it an open secret that he wants to be a Laker. :oldlol: Even if he doesn't join the Lakers, he has to do SOMETHING to up his value at this point. You think he was going to sign there for the minimum or some shit?

oh the horror
02-19-2014, 04:14 PM

'ruined the organization' in just a few seasons?

lets wait to see after 10 years or so, and then we can pass judgement.

id venture to say there are far worse owners in the league judging by how horrible some organizations have been for the past decade +

NumberSix
02-19-2014, 04:16 PM
Thats a bit harsh dude
What's "harsh" about saying a dead person is dead? Do you view "dead" as some kind of insult or something?

Darius
02-19-2014, 04:16 PM
I absolutely fvcking love how everyone is taking this at 100% face value. Like he doesn't have to do some MAJOR damage control after spending the entire season bitching about how crappy his team is and making it an open secret that he wants to be a Laker. :oldlol: Even if he doesn't join the Lakers, he has to do SOMETHING to up his value at this point. You think he was going to sign there for the minimum or some shit?

As opposed to building castles in the sky based on nothing like you are doing?

Simple PR answer: "I love my team now and will deal with free agency when it arrives".

But he went extra step...

Uncle Drew
02-19-2014, 04:17 PM
So, what else was Love supposed to say? Something like ''I love the Lakers franchise, can't wait to get out of MN to join them'', or what. Love will join the Lakers, worst-kept secret in the league.

Black and White
02-19-2014, 04:18 PM
What's "harsh" about saying a dead person is dead? Do you view "dead" as some kind of insult or something?

Nah it just seemed like the context was a a bit disrespectful

oh the horror
02-19-2014, 04:18 PM

Simple PR answer: "I love my team now and will deal with free agency when it arrives".

bro, melo has gone that route and media has been hounding him still.

theres no safe answer when you leave the door open at all.

SpecialQue
02-19-2014, 04:21 PM

I think it's likely that he signs with the Lakers, but I'm not taking it as a given. It looks to me like he's saying that the Lakers aren't getting him cheap, which is understandable.

NumberSix
02-19-2014, 04:23 PM
Nah it just seemed like the context was a a bit disrespectful
He's dead. It's not a matter of respect.

If saying he is dead is disrespectful, what would be the respectful thing to say? :confusedshrug:

Black and White
02-19-2014, 04:26 PM
He's dead. It's not a matter of respect.

If saying he is dead is disrespectful, what would be the respectful thing to say? :confusedshrug:

He's dead, move on, just seemed a little harsh, thats all, no need to ask why, it just came across that way. All good tho

YouGotServed
02-19-2014, 04:28 PM
He's dead, move on, just seemed a little harsh, thats all, no need to ask why, it just came across that way. All good tho

lol @ this troll trying to make something out of nothing.

Black and White
02-19-2014, 04:29 PM

Relax bro, I just made a comment, no need to get angry about it. Move on.

SpecialQue
02-19-2014, 04:31 PM

http://www.goenglish.com/GoEnglish_com_ThePotCallingTheKettleBlack.gif

dazzer87
02-19-2014, 04:34 PM
Another player that doesnt want to play with Kome........:roll:

IGOTGAME
02-19-2014, 04:39 PM
Even if it's simply a PR move, what hes saying is just a simple truth.

the way they handled Kobe and Dwight would alarm me. Add the employment of Coach DAntoni and it is a shitshow.

DirkLegend41
02-19-2014, 04:42 PM
Kevin Love could be lying. What else is he suppose to say? It's been reported for a few years that Love is not happy in Minnesota.

ArbitraryWater
02-19-2014, 04:48 PM
Kevin Love could be lying. What else is he suppose to say? It's been reported for a few years that Love is not happy in Minnesota.

Hop over to some great Mavs memories :cheers: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?p=9540097&posted=1#post9540097

NoGunzJustSkillz
02-19-2014, 05:11 PM
acquiring love should be the lakers last resort. btw, i just seen a interview with love this past weekend where he stated he's tired of losing. sounded like he was ready to move on.

Bandito
02-19-2014, 05:30 PM
BREAKING: Player on current team says his team is better than team he is not currently on thus insinuating that there is zero chance that he's lying and that he will never leave his current team.

Three days later...

BREAKING: Player is no longer with team his previous quote hinted that he wouldn't leave.
Example of this Lebron. He even promised a championship to the Cavaliers: lol

CelticBaller
02-19-2014, 05:31 PM
Hope the lakers fans enjoy mediocrity because is there to stay

SpecialQue
02-19-2014, 05:33 PM

Elite language skills here. :bowdown:

Lamar Odumbb
02-19-2014, 05:35 PM

No Free Agent would sign with Boston because they have a reputation as a racist city. Even Bill Russell called your city out as racist.

CelticBaller
02-19-2014, 05:35 PM
Elite language skills here. :bowdown:
Just typing on my iphone 5s :confusedshrug:

you got my point

ZeN
02-19-2014, 05:38 PM
the way they handled Kobe and Dwight would alarm me. Add the employment of Coach DAntoni and it is a shitshow.
Look at the history of the Knicks, Cavs, Bobcats...etc.. These past few Laker seasons havent been even close to embarrassing management.

Dwight was equally responsible for all their mutual issues. Them giving Kobe money was based on loyalty and I don't frown upon that like others. It may have been a marketing move but it's an understandable one.

Dantoni was always a JERRY Buss move. Everyone loves to ignore that fact. He wanted to go back to a fast tempo system. It's been reported countless times that getting Mike was his move. Appeasing that dying wish may seem trivial to us but I'm sure it was more important to those seeing him go. Jerry Buss had attempted going fast tempo before when he hired Rudy T hoping that he would institute a system that wasn't the static driven flow that was the triangle.

outbreak
02-19-2014, 05:41 PM
http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/UrlHR5no9FJ7_wE3diL1yw--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusnbaexperts/Straight-to-the-point.-Photo-via-@Lakers.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-RbW3T0C9O1U/UfxR_OKemAI/AAAAAAABJVA/AvWduo5olNM/s800/Stay+D12+Lakers+billboard.jpg

how soon until we see love on a billboard with "#come L42" on it

ZeN
02-19-2014, 05:44 PM
http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/UrlHR5no9FJ7_wE3diL1yw--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusnbaexperts/Straight-to-the-point.-Photo-via-@Lakers.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-RbW3T0C9O1U/UfxR_OKemAI/AAAAAAABJVA/AvWduo5olNM/s800/Stay+D12+Lakers+billboard.jpg

how soon until we see love on a billboard with "#come L42" on it
As soon as K Loves agent requests it, as Dwights did.. Its been reported a lot in LA that Dwight loves to be lauded and to be fawned over. It was a staple of his behavior in Orlando.

Jameerthefear
02-19-2014, 05:46 PM
LOL :roll: :roll: :roll:

outbreak
02-19-2014, 05:46 PM
As soon as K Loves agent requests it, as Dwights did.. Its been reported a lot in LA that Dwight loves to be lauded and to be fawned over. It was a staple of his behavior in Orlando.
lol dwight opted in to one more year in orlando after being threatened to be sent to L.A, L.A was the last place he wanted to be sent to. Nice try though.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-19-2014, 05:49 PM

http://dailysnark.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/820340106.gif

Not sure why Lakers fans ever cared for this clown (did they really?). GL with that Houston. :oldlol:

Jameerthefear
02-19-2014, 05:52 PM
LA fans: "We're going to get Love and Melo next year!"
This thread = reality :roll: :roll: :roll:

ZeN
02-19-2014, 05:56 PM
lol dwight opted in to one more year in orlando after being threatened to be sent to L.A, L.A was the last place he wanted to be sent to. Nice try though.
At the last hour Dwight said to hold on (even tho he has already said he's going to Houston) that he needed more time to consider going to Houston because 30mil was a lot of money to leave on the table.

Mitch Immediately put out a press release saying we tried and he decided for Houston, have a nice life.

People really can't seem to embrace the idea that the Lakers maybe we'rent looking to deal with his melodrama. Particularly considering that all his private demands weren't even seriously considered. The Lakers have never allowed a player to dictate their specific moves and Dwight is a player that requires it greatly.

The signs were requested by his agent not so that it would make him stay.. It was done because he's fixed on being the center of attention. It was obviously apparent in his whole Orlando debacle.

Lamar Odumbb
02-19-2014, 06:04 PM

Using a religious term, Lakers are like thieves in the night. They make deals like the Pau for Kwame, Dwight for Bydumb , and Kobe for Divac.

I remember everyone saying Lakers aint getting Dwight and sure enough the Lakers got Dwight last year even though dwight bolted but they still managed to get him for one year.

Trust me, Lakers will get either Love or Melo, possibly both but my guess is one of the two.

oh the horror
02-19-2014, 06:07 PM

No kid. Reality is you calling what you got with a female a "date"

When in reality a situation where your friends are going and her friends are going as well is a night out among friends.

That's reality.

outbreak
02-19-2014, 06:09 PM

When in reality a situation where your friends are going and her friends are going as well is a night out among friends.

That's reality.

:facepalm you really going to act like 15 year olds don't go on dates in groups? I'm betting you never even went out with friends or girls when you were 15:facepalm

Jameerthefear
02-19-2014, 06:10 PM
At the last hour Dwight said to hold on (even tho he has already said he's going to Houston) that he needed more time to consider going to Houston because 30mil was a lot of money to leave on the table.

Mitch Immediately put out a press release saying we tried and he decided for Houston, have a nice life.

People really can't seem to embrace the idea that the Lakers maybe we'rent looking to deal with his melodrama. Particularly considering that all his private demands weren't even seriously considered. The Lakers have never allowed a player to dictate their specific moves and Dwight is a player that requires it greatly.

The signs were requested by his agent not so that it would make him stay.. It was done because he's fixed on being the center of attention. It was obviously apparent in his whole Orlando debacle.
LOL.

YouGotServed
02-19-2014, 06:11 PM
jameer has grown men shook lmao.

bagelred
02-19-2014, 06:11 PM
http://sandrarose.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/mckayla-maroney-not-impressed-getty.jpg

Not impressed.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-19-2014, 06:12 PM

That's reality.

People still think "Jameer" is an actual person? Thought his gimmick was common knowledge. Like that SourPatch poster (probably the same guy), he is a 20-something year old creeper that watches anime.

ZeN
02-19-2014, 06:14 PM
Trust me, Lakers will get Love or Melo, possibly both but my guess is one of the two.

Would you really want Melo? Hes a similar player as Kobe. Is an older player which the Lakers don't need with Gramps Bryant on the roster. He requires the ball to be effective. He will score but by the time the Lakers build something his offensive skills may be on the decline.

I like Love because he doesn't require excessive focus as with primadonas like Kobe, Dwight and LeBron. He actually likes to rebound, shoot tres, and run which makes him ideal for Mike D's system. Plus hes young enough to give the Lakers a future. Not so say that I think they can get him. Certainly not with the slim assets they currently have. If there's even a chance I would think 2015 instead of the present.

Levity
02-19-2014, 06:15 PM

yeah i dont know why this was so overlooked by posters when talking about those bilboards. Dwight is essentially the grown up NBA version of a homecoming queen in highschool. They love and want that attention, and will pout until they get it.

So Lakers did what personalities like dwights wanted. Didnt work out, but no hard feelings from civil LA fans. Its just the Laker stans and Laker haters that continually and perpetual beat this dead horse.

oh the horror
02-19-2014, 06:15 PM
:facepalm you really going to act like 15 year olds don't go on dates in groups? I'm betting you never even went out with friends or girls when you were 15:facepalm

Not in my neighborhood back then they didn't.

WTF did you guys do? Go to the local soda joint and sip a drink while sharing a straw?

KyrieTheFuture
02-19-2014, 06:16 PM
People didn't think LA was getting Dwight because it was common knowledge he didn't want to go there in the first place.

outbreak
02-19-2014, 06:20 PM
Not in my neighborhood back then they didn't.

WTF did you guys do? Go to the local soda joint and sip a drink while sharing a straw?

at 15 years old kids go out in groups with less pressure before making their moves. No one thinks your cool by acting like you were all mature and shit when you were a little kid. There's nothing wierd about a group date for a 15 year old and you know it.

ZeN
02-19-2014, 06:21 PM
LOL.
There's a reason why I said ' specific '.

Magic didn't want a coach, fine he was fired.. But he never selected who would be the replacement. Kobe complains about the roster and asks for a trade...The Lakers make their own specific decision and trade for Gasol.

Dwight didn't just voice his concern and displeasure. He was asking for specifics..that they amnesty Kobe, fire DAntoni, hire Phil and make him the marketing focus of the team.

In essence he was asking not to play for the Lakers but to run the Lakers. Ownership basically said, if thats the case you can go run another team by not obliging his requests.

Artillery
02-19-2014, 07:14 PM

And what exactly are the Lakers doing right? They just gave a one-legged chucker averaging 13 ppg a 30 million contract.

Bones_Jones
02-19-2014, 07:16 PM
Wow, he actually said he doesn't mean to sh!tting on the lakers? lol wow. Yeah I would say he's not impressed.

Upgrayedd
02-19-2014, 07:20 PM
Love should come to the Bulls.

C: Noah
PF: Love
SF: Snell
SG: Butler
PG: Rose

HOoopCityJones
02-19-2014, 07:35 PM
Shit, I'm not impressed either.

Is this actually news?

MichaelCorleone
02-19-2014, 08:56 PM
The Phoenix Suns would like to extend a warm welcome to Kevin Love.:applause:

tontoz
02-19-2014, 09:07 PM
Houston could have max cap room next summer if they don't sign any long term contracts. Love would fit pretty well next to Howard.

MichaelCorleone
02-19-2014, 09:08 PM
Houston could have max cap room next summer if they don't sign any long term contracts. Love would fit pretty well next to Howard.
Kevin Love is a serious basketball player, he has no business being around clowns that dances in the locker room.

Le Shaqtus
02-19-2014, 09:23 PM

That's reality.

Wow, thats relevant to the thread :facepalm

Also going on dates in groups when you're 15 is a normal thing. Just clearing that bullshit up.

imnew09
02-19-2014, 09:41 PM
Fk Kevin Empty stats love. Goatbrook is coming :bowdown:

fourkicks44
02-19-2014, 11:14 PM
[QUOTE=longhornfan1234]People think it's so far-fetched that I would stay in Minnesota. And I'm not s------- on the Lakers, but we have the better team, the better foundation. I'm having fun.

JohnFreeman
02-19-2014, 11:19 PM
Might as well move to LA if you are happy with losing? I think Lakers will be back in the playoffs before Timberwolves though

La Frescobaldi
02-19-2014, 11:56 PM
http://dailysnark.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/820340106.gif

Not sure why Lakers fans ever cared for this clown (did they really?). GL with that Houston. :oldlol:
Wilt Chamberlain used to do that exact thing wow that's like deja vu

houston
02-20-2014, 12:10 AM
love so overrated